Medical SchoolBaylor
101 Court St.
Plymouth, MA 02360
12 Alfred Street
Woburn, MA 01801
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Carol Anania to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Fertility Solutions of New England to a friend?
She[Dr. Anania] throws a lot of information at you in the first meeting and it can be overwhelming. Since i'd been TTC for the past year I was familiar with much of the terminology and testing she referred to. If this is your first step on your fertility journey then do some research beforehand...From the moment she enters the waiting room, when she warmly greets all those waiting to her phone call follow ups when things are confusing I feel like she sees me as a human and not a number.
How was your experience with Carol Anania at Fertility Solutions of New England?
I was referred to Doctor Anania after 3 unsuccessful unmonitored/unmedicated IUI's using a local midwife. From the first visit she took a great deal of time to explain all the options and then asked me questions to help me make the best decision for me. Whenever I have a question or concern I have gotten an answer and she also explains things to me so I understand what is going on.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Carol Anania at Fertility Solutions of New England?
She throws a lot of information at you in the first meeting and it can be overwhelming. Since i'd been TTC for the past year I was familiar with much of the terminology and testing she referred to. If this is your first step on your fertility journey then do some research beforehand.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Carol Anania at Fertility Solutions of New England?
Describe the protocols Carol Anania used in your cycles at Fertility Solutions of New England and their degree of success.
Baseline testing Cycle 1-monitored cycle with Ovidrel trigger; negative pregnancy test Cycle 2-monitored cycle with Clomid, was surging when I went for my midcycle and ultrasound so no trigger, Endometrin, negative pregnancy test Cycle 3-monitored cycle showed ovarian cyst producing hormones so cancelled Cycle 4-monitored cycle with Clomid, Ovidrel trigger; endometrin, currently in TWW
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Solutions of New England. (Assigned nurse: Erin )
Every member of the nursing staff has been amazing! Erin is a great resource and I feel like I can always ask her questions no matter how silly they may sound. I mainly see Jamie because she is on duty for morning ultrasounds and bloodwork, and she is always welcoming and considerate despite the early hour. Sandra has also been great answering questions thru the portal.
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
Strengths-Great staff, Woburn location is easy to access from highway and plenty of parking, the portal is great for communcating with nurses and doctors and viewing test results, test results are available within a few hours and if something is not as expected then I receive a call from the nurse or doctor, depending on who I met with that day. I like that they are proactive in calling me about next steps after a negative pregnancy test; it gives me something to focus on. Weaknesses-Testing and ultrasounds are not available before 7:30am. At first I thought this was a great time but I recently found out that other centers in the area open at 6am.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Carol Anania at Fertility Solutions of New England.
PCP referral so no cost for initial appointments Insurance covered all testing, some co-pays for advanced testing 3 IUI monitored cycles with Clomid $2500 (buy 2 get one free LOL!) Clomid, Ovidrel, Endometrin-Insurance covered, co-pays under $50 per med.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Solutions of New England?
IUI, 2 IVF
After the first time I met Dr. Anania I felt good, I knew she was the right Dr. for me. I did have a second opinion with many other Dr.s before her but none of them made me feel I was in the right hands. She is honest and smart and kind. I will recommend her to anyone. I would also recommend Dr. Ania Kowalik or Dr. Pei-Li Huang. They are a very close team so it doesn't really matter who you choose. They are all fantastic. Dr. Ania did my retrieval and transfer and she was great.
European, Prefer not to answer
IUI, 2 IVF
I am very pleased with my experinece at Fertility Solution. Dr. Carol is extremely professional and smart. She is also kind and have a good sense of humor. But also Dr. Pei-Li Huang and Dr. Ania Kowalik are fantastic. You will get to meet them all. They are a wonderful team of brave women that know exactly what they are doing.
Dr. Carol is very professional, kind, clever. She will listen and consider your experiences, concerns, questions. She will take time to explain. Plus she does most of the ultrasounds, (alternating with her the other dr. at the center). So you will see her very often giving time to build a real relationship. She is very dedicated and passionate about her work.
She used a OCP antagonist protocol.
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
The main clinic is in Dedham, where they do all the main IVF procedures. Woburn and the others are mainly for ultrasound and blood work. Fertility Solutions uses state of the art micro-incubators called Minc, which is the most advanced incubator, allowing the embryos to maintain the right temperature at all times.
All the cost were covered by the insurance.
Cambridge
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Anania was wonderful to work with. She had a great bedside manner. She delivered difficult news in a kind and respectful manner. After insurance denied a procedure, she called them herself to fight their decision on our behalf. Dr. Anania was always available by telephone whenever we needed to speak with her...She validated my feelings and never brushed me off...I did 2 medicated, monitored IUIs with Clomid, hcg trigger, and Endometrin. The third with Letrozole was canceled due to insurance denying the procedure. None resulted in pregnancy. I did 2 antagonist IVF cycles due to my low AMH levels, response rate, and concern over egg quality. The first I took birth control pills followed by Gonal-F, Cetrotide, hcg trigger, and Endometrin. It resulted in 6 egg retrieved, 5 fertilized, 1 transfered on day 3, 0 frozen. This cycle did not result in pregnancy. The second I took birth control pills followed by Gonal-F, Menopur, Cetrotide, hcg trigger, and Endometrin. It resulted in 10 eggs retrieved, 8 fertilized, 1blastocyst transfered on day 5, 0 frozen. I had a live birth of identical twins.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Anania always called herself with results or instructions. Rather than rattle off information, she would relay information and ask if I had questions. When one of my rounds was denied by insurance, she got on the phone and called them herself. She validated my feelings and never brushed me off.
I had little interaction with the nurses. Usually only called to speak with them about medication questions or when I started my period so I could begin my protocol.
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
I absolutely loved the clinic and the practice of always seeing a doctor. Many friends went to other clinics and would tell me they always saw a nurse, even for many procedures, rarely ever seeing or speaking to their or another doctor. ALL of my procedures and appointments (minus blood work) were completed by a doctor in the practice. I got to know all of them really well and when my doctor was not on the day of my egg retrievals, I had full confidence in the doctors that were.
Majority of my expenses were covered by health insurance. I paid a specialist copay the day of each IUI and did not pay for any of my IVF. I only paid a copay for medications.
Describe Carol Anania's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Solutions of New England.
Even though I was in the age range to transfer two embryos (I was just over the age where 2 are recommended), Dr. Anania was clear that her goal was for a single, rather than a multiples pregnancy. We didn't have a choice in the matter only 1 embryo each round made it to transfer.
2011 - 2014
6 IVF, Donor Eggs
Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Anania was incredibly patient, very detailed in her explanations, and very sympathetic through each of our attempts...We experienced many disappointments, but we struggled on with her [Dr. Carol Anania] and her team's help. My husband and I talked about going to another clinic - and this was even an option discussed by Dr. Anania - after multiple failures, but we trusted FS implicitly and did not feel that anyone could be doing more to help us than they were.
2011 - 2014
6 IVF, Donor Eggs
Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
Carol Anania and the entire team at Fertility Solutions were awesome. They go through this day in and day out 365 days per year, but we never felt that way. They treated us individually, took as much time with us as we needed at every visit, and walked us through the process each step of the way. We experienced many disappointments, but we struggled on with her and her team's help. My husband and I talked about going to another clinic - and this was even an option discussed by Dr. Anania - after multiple failures, but we trusted FS implicitly and did not feel that anyone could be doing more to help us than they were.
Be patient. Pray for success the first time, but understand that it may not happen. The doctors try to prepare you for this, but it's hard not to assume that the result of this process will be positive immediately after all you've gone through up to that point.
I don't remember the specifics. I do remember that the steps Dr. Anania took were reasonable and appropriate (and professionally conservative) at each phase.
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
Their Dedham office is state-of-the-art but very comfortable for patients. It's wonderful that they have satellite offices in other parts of the state (like Woburn) to make regular testing more accessible.
Our insurance thankfully covered 6 IVF treatments. We paid for one frozen embryo transfer and one donor cycle/transfer. The costs were competitive. They also only charged you for the entire cycle - no nickel and diming you throughout the process, which was very helpful.
2013 - 2018
Dr. Anaia was always very reasonable in her expectations without overwhelming me with information, but providing me with scientific research that made sense...was always thoughtful, took time to explain things. She never made me feel rushed or that she couldn’t take time to speak with me. She was honest and always made me feel like I could trust her...Nothing was very ot of the ordinary [with my protocol].
2013 - 2018
European, Other
Dr. Anania was always thoughtful, took time to explain things. She never made me feel rushed or that she couldn’t take time to speak with me. She was honest and always made me feel like I could trust her.
I’ve been going for over 4 years and so t remember specific peotocals. Nothing was very ot of the ordinary.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Solutions of New England. (Assigned nurse: Sandra)
All staff at this clinic I thought felt personally invested in my progress. They were supportive and very caring- from the receptionist to my doctor.
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
This clinic is on the smaller side so it feels very personal. They take a lot of effort to help make things easy as possible for you with appointments etc. All staff knew me and were very helpful and supportive with whatever I needed.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Fertility Solutions of New England.
It was very easy to go in, sign in and be seen. When the time was conflicting with my schedule they made adjustments and offered me a different time to come in. It was very easy!
I was well covered under insurance, but was always advised of upcoming texts that needed to be done before a deadline to meet insurance requirements.
Dedham
She [Dr. Carol Anania] knows her stuff!! She is calm and listens well. Sometimes comes across as unenthusiastic but it is just her way, not you personally. I can't recommend her enough and the rest of the small team of doctors were great with the few times I needed...After initial appointment, I signed up for a package since I was self pay. It saves money but be sure you check what's included!
She knows her stuff!! She is calm and listens well. Sometimes comes across as unenthusiastic but it is just her way, not you personally. I can't recommend her enough and the rest of the small team of doctors were great with the few times I needed.
Ask questions!
Very hands on as a doctor and the clinic/office is run that way. You talk to a doctor most of the time or a nurse for something simple. I felt well cared for.
Great at calling back even for simple questions. Kind and helpful.
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
The main office is in Dedham and they have satellite offices other places. The office is clean, bright, new and state of the art. Finances if self pay can be a bit confusing so get clarification for anything.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Dr Anania was caring and knowledable. She made you feel like a valued patient...We do the antagonist pritucol twice and long Lupron once. I responded much better to antagonist. I believe bcp and long Lupron over suppressed me. I asked Dr Anania to prescribe hgh in hopes that it would improve my egg quality and she agreed. That cycle gave me the best embryos....After 3 cycles there, without any answers as to what could be wrong besides embryo quality
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Dr Anania was caring and knowledable. She made you feel like a valued patient. I liked the small scale of the clinic, in comparison to the larger clinics. While China taking there it felt like everyone knew who I was, and that was important to me.
Get a clear diagnosis and ask as many questions as you need to
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
This is a small clinic in comparison to some bigger clinics. It is an all female physician team and the drs do all the ultrasounds. Each patient has an online patient portal and you can access everything about your cycle there, in real time.
Luckily I had insurance coverage at the time, but maxed out our insurance benefits after 3 cycles there.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Solutions of New England?
2008 - 2012
I found Dr. Anania to be calm, knowledgeable, and approachable. She always answered my questions and I felt like I received a high level of care. I have no reservations about referring others to her.... I know she used a long lupron protocol with me. I suffered two miscarriages while under Dr. Anania's care and she was warm and caring during that process. She also made sure to investigate the causes of the miscarriages before continuing treatment (hysteroscopy, 3D ultrasound).
2008 - 2012
It's approaching 5 years since I was last treated, so my memory of the details of my experience are fading. I know she used a long lupron protocol with me. I suffered two miscarriages while under Dr. Anania's care and she was warm and caring during that process. She also made sure to investigate the causes of the miscarriages before continuing treatment (hysteroscopy, 3D ultrasound).
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
I had difficulty getting information from Sandra K, who was the nurse coordinator, I believe, but otherwise had no trouble with any of the nurses.
Most of my treatment was covered by insurance.
2010 - 2011
We did 1 round with her [Carol Anania] and got pregnant on the first try. I believe it was Gonal-F injectables with a trigger shot and then an IUI. We also used progesterone once i was pregnant...I felt like she listened and then came up with a clear plan...She was very straight forward, listened and was compassionate. She had a high success rate, and was very confident that I would be pregnant shortly. She answered all of our questions, and didn't make us feel like we were bothering her.
2010 - 2011
She knows her stuff- listen!
I felt like she listened and then came up with a clear plan
We did 1 round with her and got pregnant on the first try. I believe it was Gonal-F injectables with a trigger shot and then an IUI. We also used progesterone once i was pregnant.
They were very well organized and I feel like they did most of the leg work under her guidance. They showed us how to do the shots and made us practice before leaving. The blood draws were quick and easy and accommodating to a full time work schedule.
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
They are very organized, accommodating to people who work and need to get in for blood draws early in the morning. They make it easy to set up appointments
our insurance covered all
Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Dr. Anania was amazing in every way. I felt comfortable with her at all time, and had the feeling I was getting the best possible care....From the first time I met Dr. Anania I was impressed by her bedside mannerism and her knowledge of ART. She made me feel right at ease....Dr. Anania inspires me to be a strong female and to keep asking questions!
Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
From the first time I met Dr. Anania I was impressed by her bedside mannerism and her knowledge of ART. She made me feel right at ease. There were times when I wasn't sure what we were doing was right, Dr. Anania and the Fertility Solutions team made me trust them completely. Dr. Anania inspires me to be a strong female and to keep asking questions! She has won Top Doctor status is Boston Magazine for 5 years in a row. She deserves it!
Sandra and Sue always called back in a timely manner!