Available by cell phone
ResidencyU of CA - SF
FellowshipU of CT
729 North Medical Center
Clovis, CA 93611
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Carolina M. Sueldo to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Women's Specialty & Fertility Center to a friend?
[Protocol with Dr. Carolina Sueldo was a] Medicated IUI with Clomid and Ovidrel trigger...She was very patient and explained things slowly and clearly. No question was stupid and I asked a lot of questions. Taking in all that information can be overwhelming but she didn't rush me when I needed to take a moment and gather my thoughts... After she had gone over the results and diagnosed us unexplained we decided we would try naturally for 1 more cycle. Surprise! I got pregnant but before the Dr. could know she on maternity to have her baby. So the follow ups for this pregnancy and ultimately my miscarriage were handled by Dr. Carlos Sueldo and Dr. Synn.
European, Latino
How was your experience with Carolina M. Sueldo at Women's Specialty & Fertility Center?
I felt very comfortable with Dr Carolina Sueldo, she explained everything so well. After she had gone over the results and diagnosed us unexplained we decided we would try naturally for 1 more cycle. Surprise! I got pregnant but before the Dr. could know she on maternity to have her baby. So the follow ups for this pregnancy and ultimately my miscarriage were handled by Dr. Carlos Sueldo and Dr. Synn. Dr. Carlos Sueldo diagnosed my miscarriage and was very direct and did not sugar coat it which I believe helped my processing. Dr. Synn handled my miscarriage follow up and answered all my questions. He was very nice and sympathetic.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Carolina M. Sueldo at Women's Specialty & Fertility Center?
The whole process is very overwhelming especially if this is the first clinic you are visiting. Leading up to your appointment take notes and think about your cycle and if anything is off, any bad habits that could affect fertility, discuss everything. What you do, what you eat, your lifestyle. Also, you don't need to learn everything now.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Carolina M. Sueldo at Women's Specialty & Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols Carolina M. Sueldo used in your cycles at Women's Specialty & Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Medicated IUI with Clomid and Ovidrel trigger
Describe your experience with your nurse at Women's Specialty & Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Ashley)
Ashley has done my antral follicle counts and counseled me through my miscarriage. She was there when I got the news and was very compassionate and was able to keep me calm.
Describe your experience with Women's Specialty & Fertility Center.
When you are prescribed your medications some of them will be sent off to a specialty pharmacy and they usually have a go to. Go home and call the pharmacy's and check prices. There's not that many and goodrx is a good starting point. I found Ovidrel $60 cheaper than the pharmacy they first sent it to and it was really quick and easy to ask them to change it. Do this for medications you get at your local pharmacies also, you never know who's got it the cheapest.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Carolina M. Sueldo at Women's Specialty & Fertility Center.
Insurance covered all my diagnostic tests with only copays. Clomid $16 (100mg dose) Ultrasound $95 you will do at least 2 for the IUI and possibly 3 Ovidrel $107 ordered from Freedom Fertility (my choice) IUI w/ sperm wash included $410 My total for 1st IUI was $723
Describe Carolina M. Sueldo's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Women's Specialty & Fertility Center.
This clinic does a single embryo transfer unless there are specific circumstances
Clovis

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Carolina M. Sueldo at Women's Specialty & Fertility Center.

Dr. Carolina Sueldo is VERY current on best practices and advances in the medicine she is willing to do what ever is going to give the embryo's the BEST chance at viability. ... I remember her saying that its more aggressive because of my diminished reserve. ... She is honest and will tell you things that will be hard to hear BUT she will try respect your dignity in the process.
We connected on life things, she at the time of this is getting ready to be married and we were able to talk about those things. I remember asking her because we are similar in age what she would personally do in my situation in regards to an HSG which lets be honest is the WORST test, and mine was two years old and I just remembered in that moment that was going to suggest for me to do it again and I remembered I said 'I HATED that test' and she said I know but a lot can happen in two years, I KNEW she was right, and I asked if she would do it and she said candidly 'spending all of this money IVF I would do it' Which reminded me of a commitment I had made to myself which was to do all I could with in reason to have a positive outcome which up until that point I had being doing to eat healthy, limit BPA exposure take my vitamins and exercise etc. to be able to cross the finish line and know I had done EVERYTHING I could to reach the 'end zone' and if one test as awful as it is kept me from that goal how would I feel? (needless to say I will be doing it can't say I am happy about it but I will be doing it). She did her best to answer any and all questions that I had and I had a lot because at the time of my meeting her about IVF two clinics in the Bay Area lost their cryogenic storage, and she said we ALL felt that and is it a risk yes BUT we all are ever learning and ever evolving she explained the systems in place at WSFC to ensure the best outcome if something catastrophic were to happen there are back up generators etc. to help keep the eggs safe. HA. and I appreciated how when she talked about my husbands motility. Everyone has up to this point said he was basically super human and she had mentioned that his count was borderline I remember we all laughed as my husband was like wait WHAT I was told that I was prime and ready to go all systems firing, and she recovered it well by explaining throughly what she meant so he didn't have a nervous break down, it was a comical moment, so I guess what I am saying is that she really read the situation well in order to redirect my husband to the facts which helped him a lot feel better about everything.
If you are a Bakersfield to Modesto resident looking for a Doctor of Fertility the central valley is a good place stay. Clovis Community Hospital already has a really amazing reputation in and of its self. Now we have Dr. Carolina Sueldo added to the mix. She is WORTH your time, to stay local. Just think for one second. The added cost of going to the Bay Area hotels, gas, and travel stress on an already stressful time and situation. Anyone would be lucky to see Dr. Carolina Sueldo and utilize the program here in the Central Valley its a Dimond in the rough. Trust her. She is honest and will tell you things that will be hard to hear BUT she will try respect your dignity in the process. Its a BIG scary investment I know. BUT staying close to home is worth it. Trust me.
I felt like Dr. Sueldo really REALLY cared about not only my own health and well being but the health and well being on my husband and what the canvas of our family going forward was going to look like. She encouraged us to take our time yet also cautioned us that due to my type of infertility that we would be wise to get assistance with our concerns to help us come to a conclusion on how to proceed. I won't forget it. She walked in ready to have a COMPLETELY different conversation with us on our second visit, but assessed that we might not be ready, at first I was hurt ( who wouldn't be that is a COMPLETELY normal human emotion) BUT then I was grateful, you see my biggest fear in IVF is doing it alone. BUT what Dr. Sueldo did for me that day I will be FOREVER grateful for. She helped me to reconnect with the strong women I was before infertility struggles stripped me of my confidence and sense of self, she encouraged me whether she knows it or not to reconnect with that women. I will in the end have do IVF alone all the BIG and scary parts which wasn't in 'my' plan BUT I know that I can because in my life there isn't going to ever be a 'right time' and I was built strong for this moment to be strong in the face of the hardest thing I have ever personally had to do. That is what Dr. Carolina Sueldo did for me to help me feel human in the face of a situation where I ABSOLUTELY could have felt anything less than human.
I don't know what type of protocol exactly you would call what I will be doing, BUT I remember her saying that its more aggressive because of my diminished reserve. Gonal Menopur Cetrotide Norarel or Pregnyl Progesterone in oil (I was going to have a vaginal insert of something that starts with and E but I was able to request not to use that because a burning vaginal canal... NO THANK YOU) March 5th I start shots and I go in for a follow up on the 11th from there we will determine how I am responding.
HA! the only thing I can really say other than they are awesome is there was a nurse who I spoke to often on the phone and she in the office heard my voice and came down the hall and taped me on the shoulder as I was looking over some paper work and asked if I was Kristin and than said Hi! I am (I don't remember her name) and I have been talking to you on the phone answering your questions and setting your appointments! its so nice to meet you! Honestly it was so out of the blue but I really appreciated the effort she displayed and her memory (obviously better than mine).
Describe your experience with Women's Specialty & Fertility Center.
They are very well organized, polite and friendly, the nursing staff goes over the protocol with you once a determination is made to move forward. They do their best to organize everything for you your name is on the paper work and things are highlighted so to make everything easy to understand. If there is a complaint its just that the materials could be more up to date and a little easier to follow ever for the nurses sake I think too I would love to see a trifold or something of that nature, but that is really just nit picky, the staff was really accommodating to help me get whatever I needed to make the process as smooth as possible (I asked for a paper calendar and they provided one) Marissa your the best!
we are 100% Private pay 175$ ish for The initial consult 75$ for each office visit 10055$ -IVF global fee 4655$ -IC Sperm injection 600$ -Embryo Lab fee 4800$ additional items -270$ Sperm back up -375$ Anesthesia egg retrieval and a few other items that are specific to our care but the above are the main general fees
Clovis

When I first came and I met with her she was very helpful. Once I started treatments I never met with her again. ... Because I have PCOS I was advised to take Femara plus the trigger shot. Once we added I’m the IUI and that worked the second time. ... My start of treatments was hopeful. Meeting with C Sueldo gave me hope. She was so nice and innovative. So I started treatments in January and it was a process
My start of treatments was hopeful. Meeting with C Sueldo gave me hope. She was so nice and innovative. So I started treatments in January and it was a process. After 3 months no luck we move on to IUI. She ending up doing my first one, no luck. My second IUI was done and it stuck. I could not believe this was going to happen for us. I did the blood test until the 6 week 3 day mark and they were good. We go in for that first ultrasound and all they find is a empty sac. With no compassion or sensitivity knowing that we were coming in to see so much more the Sueldo Sr came in and stated to come back next week and we will figure out what to do with it. IT, yes the sac inside my uterus that I worked so hard for. He was so cold and spoke with no hope that anything could possibly show up the next week. A week later we go back with defeated hearts and they find a heartbeat. This time a nurse practitioner saw us and stated it is viable now because of a heartbeat but there could be serious genetic issues like Down syndrome, etc. but to come back next week. Another week goes by and baby measures a week further so they send my to the OB. Ultimately my pregnancy ended in a miscarriage. And unfortunately I’m worried to start treatments again at that clinic due to the terrible bedside manner from the other doctors that were not even my dr. I was very disappointed that I was not being seen by my original dr.
Be prepared to never see your dr.
When I first came and I met with her she was very helpful. Once I started treatments I never met with her again. She came into the room and did my first IUI after that I was seen by the other doctors in the clinic. My second IUI actually worked, I went in for the follow up ultrasounds and the Sueldo Sr. came in had the worst bedside manner and was very cold to my husband and what were we’re experiencing. After going back a week later for more bad news the nurse practitioner that we saw was the same way. There was no compassion or I’m sorry for what your dealing with.
They were always nice.
Describe your experience with Women's Specialty & Fertility Center.
Don’t plan on seeing your doctor. They are knowledgeable on treatments but if you want compassion or empathy find another doctor because they are very direct. The clinic is convenient to my work and home so I will continue knowing their bedside manner.
It was about $500 my first 3 cycles (femara, trigger shot, ultrasounds), about $1,000 adding I’m IUI , about $500 for test when we started
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other, Unexplained
I have to say it's also refreshing having your Endo reproductive Dr. be a female. She [Dr. Sueldo] just understands and makes you feel the most comfortable you've ever felt. She gives you realistic updates and hopes. She sets easy and understandable plans of action! She remember who you are when she sees you for your apt. ... When she asks how you are and in her eyes she truly cares!!
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other, Unexplained
Dr C is amazing. I have to say it's also refreshing having your Endo reproductive Dr. be a female. She just understands and makes you feel the most comfortable you've ever felt. She gives you realistic updates and hopes. She sets easy and understandable plans of action! She remember who you are when she sees you for your apt. Once I was leaving, and in the hallways I saw her consulting with her father Dr. Carlos Sueldo. And I didn't think she would look up, and I didn't want to bother her. But not only did she see me walk by, she paused taking to her father and walked over to me to give me a hug and ask how I was doing!! Unheard-of, to me, to see a Dr that shows so much love to their patients and to genuinely care about their needs!!!
Be prepared to get a ton of info!!!
She gives you hugs like a real person. When she asks how you are and in her eyes she truly cares!!
My blood works all seemed normal. So clomid we went. Off to the races. 5 days and not one mature follicle. We then moved the dosage up. Once again, nothing. Moved the dosage to the max. Then once again, nothing. Now it's injectable time. 150 dose of Hmg for 4 nights then if to see if it works. I'm currently still working with her. And Friday I will get an update on how it's going. Fingers crossed and prayers galore.
There was only one receptionist who was "ehh." The rest of the entire office is amazing, friendly, and so helpful.
Describe your experience with Women's Specialty & Fertility Center.
Strengths are keeping records and your file current. It makes a smooth experience because everyone knows what's going on. The office is so super clean. The giant to flat screen always has something amazing tuned on. Weakness would be when calling there is a lot of being put on hold.
So
7 IUI, 2 IVF, Surrogacy
Dr. Sueldo is the most through Dr. that I've ever had. She takes her time to talk you through everything so that you feel completely comfortable with your treatment plan...She basically started from scratch and asked me all the "new patient questions" then she asked me for my questions. I had "a list". We went over them all. She took all my thoughts, apprehensions and concerns in to consideration and I felt like I had a say in things. We came up with a plan together that we were both happy with.
7 IUI, 2 IVF, Surrogacy
How was your experience with Carolina M. Sueldo at IVF Florida?
I had the pleasure of meeting Dr. Sueldo prior to becoming her patient back when she first joined IVF Florida.I knew that patients would love her as her personality and character would make her an amazing asset to the practice. Now that I know her as my doctor, I'm glad to see that my initial assessment of her far exceeded any expectations I may have had. Words can’t even begin to describe how grateful I am to her for being so through. Us IVF chicks are nuts, I feel like you can never give us "too much" information. She basically started from scratch and asked me all the "new patient questions" then she asked me for my questions. I had "a list". We went over them all. She took all my thoughts, apprehensions and concerns in to consideration and I felt like I had a say in things. We came up with a plan together that we were both happy with. During a process where there are so many ups and downs, you definitely want to feel like your Dr. has your back. I'm blessed that I feel like mine definitely does.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Carolina M. Sueldo at IVF Florida?
She will give you all the information you need. The good, bad & indifferent so be ready for it all!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Carolina M. Sueldo at IVF Florida?
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Florida. (Assigned nurse: Adriana)
The staff at the Coral Gables location is small. I think that's what makes it so great. It's always the same ladies doing your ultrasounds, drawing your blood, giving results and following-up. It provides a seamless experience that I am very grateful for!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Carolina M. Sueldo at IVF Florida.
Insurance Covers Most
What specific things went wrong at IVF Florida?
IVF Florida
Coral Gables

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Carolina M. Sueldo at IVF Florida.

2 IVF, Donor Sperm
Dr. Sueldo has GREAT bedside manner. She did her best to always be available to meet the needs of my working schedule. She explained our options clearly but never pressured us to make a decision that we were uneasy about. She is very knowledgeable about the IVF process and is honest about all possible outcomes. Although we did not get the results we wanted. Dr. Sueldo was positive and encouraging to not give up on us.
2 IVF, Donor Sperm
Be patient and trust Dr. Sueldo she knows what she’s doing and will make you feel very comfortable during a very uncomfortable season.
Carolina was warm and caring. She was always available for any questions and seemed to genuinely care about us and our best outcome.
Dr. Sueldo got me quickly in the right IVF meds and monitored my blood levels very closely. She adjusted medications to get the most amount of eggs retrieved. She advised us to use a sperm donor because our first cycle showed very little mobility of sperm and so she wanted us to have our best chance of a successful pregnancy.
The nursing staff was warm and welcoming. They always cared and made a relationship with me.
Describe your experience with Women's Specialty & Fertility Center.
The clinic is a well oiled machine. There are lots of people on staff to keep you moving through. They did get a little behind sometimes causing the wait time to be a little long. Everyone is kind. The front desk ladies are eager to greet you and ask how you are doing.
Each cycle has been about $15,000 in total for meds, egg retrieval, and transfer.
Clovis

Dr Sueldo has warm bedside manner very upbeat but straight to the point. she comes from this background from generations and that helped me make the decision to choose her and the clinic. She makes you feel comfortable and she is a very good educator ... Don’t expect to see the same person or doctor each visit but each person you see knows your case and record and is on the same page
Kind staff each person representing the clinic is informational and warm
The staff is Kind very prompt with my time and they always know what’s going on I believe the communication is excellent because everyone is on the same page
Describe your experience with Women's Specialty & Fertility Center.
The office is located on the second floor, wait time is short, nice and clean easy parking is always available. the building the clinic is in is in a great location next to the hospital. The building is new and very functional.
The medicated iui process was definitely less that I have heard of in town. I was paying $95 per ultrasound. I paid $420 for the iui this included the wash of my husband sperm.
Clovis

Dr. Sueldo and the staff at the office are warm and friendly... I love dr. Sueldo and am forever indebted to her for our miracle. She was honest and kind and so so smart! She was always careful to tell us what we needed to know, to celebrate our successes and to remind us to move forward with both caution and optimism.... Antagonist protocol. I used menopur and gonal F as well as progesterone supository and estrogen pills.
How was your experience with Carolina M. Sueldo at IVF Florida?
Trust herself
Dr. Sueldo and the staff at the office are warm and friendly and listened to my every concern and addressed them
Describe the protocols Carolina M. Sueldo used in your cycles at IVF Florida and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Florida. (Assigned nurse: Ariana)
Loved the nursing staff as a whole. Didn’t love Ariana specifically.
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
Very personal care. They do a great job of building relationships with you. The patient portal is especially helpful for getting questions answered any time. Sometimes there is a long wait even with an appointment.
My insurance partially covered everything. I had a $30 copay with every appointment and had to pay for some of my meds and a few procedures.
Describe Carolina M. Sueldo's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at IVF Florida.
We transferred 3 embryos and ended up with our Singleton. Since then the clinic no longer transfers multiple embryos from my understanding.
IVF Florida
Pembroke Pines

Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
She [Women's Specialty & Fertility Ctr] really took the time to explain everything and go through the results. She was very educated and really made sure you know what was going on... She was knowledgeable about my situation. I have endometriosis, over the age of 35 TTC, and I only have one ovary. She had a great bed side manner and was very caring. She made sure that you really understood what was going on with the process.
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
Go in with an open mind, every situation is different
She really took the time to explain everything and go through the results. She was very educated and really made sure you know what was going on
Haven’t gone through a cycle just yet
Always super nice and also educated me on anything that they were doing or going over
Describe your experience with Women's Specialty & Fertility Center.
Still learning everything. Haven’t gone through a cycle yet. Still in the testing stages to see if we can do IVF or IUI. So I can’t really answer this question for you guys. Sorry about this. Mmmmmmm
Clovis
[Dr. Sueldo was] Very friendly and warm, super informative, went over all our options and what she thought was the best course of action for us based on our test results, did a deep dive of our charts and contacted us the next day to review what she had gone over.... Very straight forward while being very compassionate and understanding, seemed extremely knowledgable citing a few recent studies and drawing on her experience working arou d the country, really really swell gal
Dont hold back
Very diligent and compassionate
Describe your experience with Women's Specialty & Fertility Center.
Very nice space located next to clovus community hospital, large waiting room with a large tv and other entertainment materials, the offices were large and nicely furnished, nice paint and flooring and the nurses sat behind desks