Available by cell phone
818-839-5764
Santa Monica [Closed]
2001 Santa Monica Blvd
Santa Monica, CA 90404
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Carolyn Alexander to a friend?

7.2

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Southern California Reproductive Center to a friend?
Expect [Dr. Carolyn Alexander] to be blunt, but kind. Don't expect to get a lot of her time and expect to need to call and follow up over and over...it's very hard to get time with her so for some, that's not ideal. She did call me one time on a Sunday which was very nice of her, so she will contact you outside of business hours, but the call with be to the point and not a second wasted before she's saying bye...I did two medicated IUI's back to back. I was put on letrozole with a trigger shot to induce ovulation, then progesterone suppositories during my luteal phase. I'm happy with the treatment used in the IUI, my only point of upset is my progesterone was never tested, neither before the IUI's nor during or after, and months later we found out my body wasn't responding to that progesterone dose. Had they tested my progesterone we could've found that out way earlier. I did not get pregnant with either IUI.
How was your experience with Carolyn Alexander at Southern California Reproductive Center?
Carolyn Alexander really does care about her patients, about that I have no doubt. I do think though that since the clinic overall is overloaded, it reduces her ability to spend quality time with patients. Communication with her is short, to the point, and over within a matter of minutes.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Carolyn Alexander at Southern California Reproductive Center?
Expect her to be blunt, but kind. Don't expect to get a lot of her time and expect to need to call and follow up over and over. She is supposedly one of the best in the LA area, but it's very hard to get time with her so for some, that's not ideal. She did call me one time on a Sunday which was very nice of her, so she will contact you outside of business hours, but the call with be to the point and not a second wasted before she's saying bye.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Carolyn Alexander at Southern California Reproductive Center?
The SCRC Clinic is always PACKED and the time you have scheduled with the doctors is timed down to the second. While you are with her, she is really nice, but you can tell that she has other patients to see. Phones will be ringing and she'll answer "on my way" or something similar during our appointment, so I don't really feel like I have time to even think about possible questions.
Describe the protocols Carolyn Alexander used in your cycles at Southern California Reproductive Center and their degree of success.
The nursing staff is great! I feel like because they know Dr. Alexander and other doctors at this clinic are so busy, a lot of the questions/feedback/discussions fall on the nurses. They were always very pleasant and sweet and I never felt rushed by them. The only complaint I have and this is about SCRC in general, nurses included, is they give you very little direction of what the next steps are. For example if you come in for an ultrasound and bloodwork, they will do the ultrasound and then say thanks have a good day, without telling you to do bloodwork next. I always have to go to the front desk to ask. Same if you go to do bloodwork first, I will then have to go to the desk to ask if there's anything else I need to do. The communication between each department is severely lacking.
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
Strength - supposedly one of the best clinics in LA. I have yet to get pregnant, so I can't attest to that just yet. Weaknesses - they take on WAY too many clients and I do feel like it's about money and seeing as many people as they can. People put up with this though because of their supposed high success rates. If you become a patient here, keep notes of every call, meeting, bloodwork appointment. There will be many conversations that are detailed, technical, and since SCRC is so busy, they also will forget some things you need to do. I have had to initiate appointments before, initiate bloodwork, and it would be nice to not have to think about those things myself. Ultimately this is your fertility journey so regardless of how attentive a doctor or clinic is, you should be the one in the drivers seat keeping track of everything. Create a spreadsheet!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Carolyn Alexander at Southern California Reproductive Center.
The IUI's were roughly $800 and ultrasounds were $250. Bloodwork was in the few hundreds as well and each ultrasound and bloodwork were done multiple times a month each month. A consultation appointment with Dr. Alexander was $200 just to say "yes" we are doing IVF even though we were already decided and told the clinic we were decided. We have spent roughly $3,000 for two IUI's and no pregnancies.
Describe Carolyn Alexander's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Southern California Reproductive Center.
We had our consultation for IVF this week so this is the only experience and insight I have on her approach. She shared that after retrieving the eggs, after doing genetic testing, after seeing how many make it to the 5-day stage etc. then we would need to decide if we want to implant one or two embryos. There were no further comments, but it did seem like it was an option she would openly discuss when that time comes.
Beverly Hills

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Carolyn Alexander at Southern California Reproductive Center.

Dr Alexander is a wonderful doctor and person, she is very compassionate and caring, I just wish she was more aggressive. I am on the older side for fertility treatment and I went in ready to go full force ahead, however she has more of the wait and see approach. She is very knowledgable and positive, and has a wonderful bedside manner.... IUI 1: Letrozole, trigger shot & Progesterone suppositories, switched from Clomid as my family has a history of breast cancer. Negative pregnancy test. IUI 2: Letrozole, Gonal F, trigger shot, & Progesterone suppositories - Added Gonal F to make more follicles.
Go in with a list of questions, be ready to ask why/why not, and push for what you want. You are your best advocate when it comes to your treatment plan, fight for what is right for you.
I definitely feel as though I am treated much more like a human rather than a number. The front desk staff, nurses, ultrasound technicians, phlebotomists and lab techs do a great job at establishing relationships with you. They always call you by name, typically recall conversations you have had previously, and are genuinely excited for you when you reach a new milestone.
IUI 1: Letrozole, trigger shot & Progesterone suppositories, switched from Clomid as my family has a history of breast cancer. Negative pregnancy test. IUI 2: Letrozole, Gonal F, trigger shot, & Progesterone suppositories - Added Gonal F to make more follicles. Negative pregnancy test. HSG IUI 3: Gonal F, Dexamethasone, trigger shot, Progesterone suppositories, 2 Sperm donor vials 24 hours apart. - Added dexamethasone for inflammation, and a second vial of sperm (one at 12 hours post trigger, second at 36 hours post trigger). Negative pregnancy test. IUI 4: Gonal F, trigger shot, Progesterone suppositories, 2 Sperm donor vials 24 hours apart. First time having symptoms but they went away after 3 days, negative pregnancy test. Implantation Blood Panel IVF Egg Retrieval: Birth control pills, Lupron, Ganarelex, Cetrotide, Gonal F, Follistim, Omnitrope, Dexamethasone, Menopur, Trigger shot. I also added Co-Q10 & DHEA to my vitamins. 29 follicles retrieved, 11 made it to day 5, 6 were cleared via genetic testing. FET 1: Lupron, Birth control pill, baby aspirin, Estrace, Progesterone in Oil, Endometrin.
Sometimes the nurses were wonderful, they were knowledgable and compassionate, and sometimes it was the exact opposite, it all depended on who was responding to you that day! Same thing with response time, sometimes it was immediate and sometimes it was much longer. The nurses I correspond with I rarely if ever interact with in the office so it is difficult to establish a relationship.
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
SCRC is a wonderful clinic, a literal one stop shop. They have their own surgery center, cryo lab, embryologists, phlebotomists, etc. They typically run on time (as long as you are on time), my typical wait time was no more than 15 minutes. Everything is bright and clean, exactly what you would envision a BH fertility clinic to be! Parking is ample and all around, however I do not recommend using the lot connected to the building unless you want to spend even more money on top of your expensive fertility treatments! Make sure you don't wear any fragrances or colognes as us ladies are sensitive to smells when on medications, but more importantly fragrance can damage embryos.
When I had insurance (I was laid off in the middle of my retrieval cycle), all of my appointments were covered with my $30 copay, plus $70 lab fee for each IUI, plus $1,000 per sperm vial. My total cost for the 4 IUIs under Dr Alexander was $8700. IVF retrieval cycle: $15,400 + $6000 for medication= $21,400 FET 1: $3780 + $1500 for medication= $5280 ERA: $2785 Grand total: $38,165
No opinion.

Anovulation, PCOS, Other
She [Dr. Alexander] calls sometimes with results after scans but she is also very busy so can't always spend a lot of time talking or answering questions. When she does speak to me about tough news she does actually spend time talking to me and she seems to really care even though you know she has to deliver bad news to people quite often in this field. ... Sometimes you need to ask her as many questions as you can or she won't really give you the information right up front so I've learned to ask exactly what I want to know from her and then she'll tell me. ...
European, Black or African-American, Other
Anovulation, PCOS, Other
Dr. Alexander is a very kind and insightful doctor who I have been seeing for much longer than either of us thought (not her fault). I have done 2 IUIs that ended in mc and 2 that have failed and I'm currently on my 5th. I ended up taking a 6 month break after my 2nd mc due to waiting for blood test results that needed time in between for accurate diagnosis. Luckily Dr. Alexander allowed me to do these tests after only 2 MCs (instead 3 which is typical RPL). Thank God she let me because turns out I have MTHFR Gene mutation and a blood clotting disorder which means I need to do blood thinning injections once I'm pregnant. I wouldn't have known any of this if Dr. Alexander didn't take the time to speak with me and let me know my options prior to potentially going through another miscarriage! Sometimes you need to ask her as many questions as you can or she won't really give you the information right up front so I've learned to ask exactly what I want to know from her and then she'll tell me. Also at the clinic there are many other doctors and she is the only one I ever see walking though the halls and she always stops by her patients just to ask how they are doing and how they are feeling. Overall I'm glad I have her as my doctor going into my second year of fertility treatment.
Always ask her your specific questions if you are confused or didnt get all the info you wanted. Sometimes she can be very vague but once you ask she'll answer & clarify.
She calls sometimes with results after scans but she is also very busy so can't always spend a lot of time talking or answering questions. When she does speak to me about tough news she does actually spend time talking to me and she seems to really care even though you know she has to deliver bad news to people quite often in this field.
She had me do 5 days of letrozole and none of my follicles grew. So she had me wait a couple days and then start gonal f injections. I quickly had a big follicle after only 3 days so then I did trigger shot and IUI a day later. It got me pregnant (ended in mc) so the next cycle she had me mimic it and I got pregnant again (mc) then I took a break. The last 2 IUIs I did we're the same exact protocol but they didn't work. This one I wanted to do higher dose of gonal f but she's worried I'll produce too many mature follicles. So we'll see what this one's outcome is. When you go in for scans there is a tech who does it and then she or the nurses will call you after with instructions of what to do next. They also email so it's a pretty easy streamlined process.
There are 2 nurses on Dr. Alexander's staff and they were very very nice and always got right back to me via email or call whenever I had questions. When I had the MCs they were extremely nice compassionate and kind and knew exactly what to say to me to make me feel as comforted as I could without being too abrasive or anything. They got 2 new nurses since I started treatment again after my break and they are just as sweet.
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
It's a well organized office that has a streamlined process that seems to work. It can get really busy there because there are many doctors. In terms of getting an appointment with the doctor I can usually get one same week and it's really easy, even my first consultation ever!
I have fertility insurance through my husband's work so they bill insurance but cost out of pocket seems to be pretty general.
Beverly Hills

Dr. Alexander was a cheerleader through the process and genuinely wants you to get pregnant, but it seems like she sees too many patients and can’t give them individualized care. ... We didn’t make a decision and she called me a couple weeks later to check in, I was midway through my cycle like day 12 and she said we should try an IUI, she prescribed me injections and they were delivered to my house... Never did any testing before or an ultrasound... Strange now in hindsight, but I had no clue standard procedure.
Dr. Alexander was super thorough and easy to talk to, when we were able to see her. My husband initially went in just for a semen analysis (referred by my OBGYN) and we were able to do a consultation once his results were in.. he had a 1% morph. She went through some basic questions with us and she explained our options (IUI, IVF, etc). We didn’t make a decision and she called me a couple weeks later to check in, I was midway through my cycle like day 12 and she said we should try an IUI, she prescribed me injections and they were delivered to my house... Never did any testing before or an ultrasound... Strange now in hindsight, but I had no clue standard procedure. I’m sure she just wanted to give my follicles an extra oomph. I went in after the injections for an ultrasound, but never saw Dr. Alexander for those, only a nurse and Dr. Alexander would call me after with her take on my follies + a plan. Eventually we did the trigger and scheduled an IUI 36 hours after. The IUI process was with her and she was great through it, although only saw her for the insemination. She prescribed progesterone and sent me on my way. I started my period and came in for an ultrasound with a nurse and the nurse mentioned it looked like I might have cysts. Dr. Alexander called me after and said she thought they were follicles that were big and I was going to ovulate any day... it was CD3 and I wasn’t on any medication, I normally ovulate on CD16... I got a weird feeling and decided not to continue with her and the office, it felt like my care wasn’t being considered and they were using a one size fits all procedure. Dr. Alexander was a cheerleader through the process and genuinely wants you to get pregnant, but it seems like she sees too many patients and can’t give them individualized care.
She is genuinely sweet and means every word she says to you, she’s extremely hopeful... But make sure to ask a lot of questions and be your own advocate through the process if something doesn’t feel right.
The office is jam packed, waiting room is crazy filled with people and half the time you aren’t even sure if you’re being called for blood or what. Even the nurses might ask what you’re waiting for.
We did Gonal-F injections 75IU CD12-14, an HCG shot on CD15 and an IUI on CD17. Started progesterone suppositories CD19 at night til period started on CD28
The nursing staff was good, but seemed overwhelmed sometimes. It almost felt like they were the doctors while they did the ultrasound and then when they called with the prescriptions advising you on dosage, etc. They were sweet and answered most questions, but were a bit short with their answers.
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
The clinic is busy, there are two sign in sheets - one for appointments and one for blood work. Most of the time I wasn’t sure if I needed to do blood work or not and I’d just sign in on the regular sheet, then 45 minutes later after waiting, I was told to sign in on the blood test sheet... I’m not sure how I would know if no one told me I’d be doing a blood test. Since it was my firstborn RE experience I may have been a newbie, but I also feel like every new patient should be talked through the process. The billing process was easy and they were nice to deal with, although we were paying out of pocket, so not sure about insurance being involved.
I can’t remember fully, but I know the ultrasound and office visits were more expensive than my current RE... I want to say it was $190 per visit for a standard ultrasound and the IUI was around $500.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor
Dr. Alexander was compassionate and caring to a fault. This was just what we needed in the beginning but as things went wrong this actually made the process more difficult because she had strong feelings which were sometimes hard to deal with.... Dr. Alexander was extremely compassionate and thorough with testing before we started a cycle.... Our first transfer was delayed because she found polyps and I was scheduled for a hysteroscopy to remove them.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor
We started doing IVF for male factor (1 % morphology) after I had two chemical pregnancies. Dr. Alexander was extremely compassionate and thorough with testing before we started a cycle. She was confident I would get pregnant as everything on my side looked amazing. Our egg retrieval went great, with 4 PGS normal embryos. Our first transfer was delayed because she found polyps and I was scheduled for a hysteroscopy to remove them. While under she found a uterine septum and removed that as well. Then I tested slightly positive for irregular uterine cells and did a course of antibiotics. We finally started our transfer cycle only to be cancelled because my lining wasn't responding to the meds properly. We started again with a different type of estrogen priming and went ahead with our first transfer which resulted in a pregnancy. Dr. Alexander was more excited than me, as I was cautiously optimistic because I knew one beta test is not the whole picture. Our second beta came back lower than they would have liked and we did a third one which was normal. After this we waited to do an ultrasound at which point things did not look good. I was told this news during the ultrasound which was very upsetting. We had to go back several times to keep watching and I eventually started to miscarry and took drugs to help it along. Transfer 2 failed, which was shocking to everyone. We met with Dr. Alexander and she suggested an ERA and seeing a hematologist, which didn't make total sense to me. I said, why don't we do one more transfer before we do all that and she suggested another hysteroscopy before a transfer and the plan was to do a third transfer before she left for the holidays. We did the hysteroscopy where she removed a small piece of tissue but everything else looked great. We then found out that we wouldn't have time to do the transfer we talked about doing so I suggested doing the ERA while we were waiting for her to get back. We started a mock cycle on their "standard protocol" which did not work at all for me on any level. It was the same hormone protocol as the first cancelled transfer... I expressed concerns about this not working and was told it would be fine. When my lining didn't respond and this cycle was cancelled, I felt like Dr. Alexander started to lose confidence. She said the ERA was no longer necessary as she "didn't want to be chasing her tail around trying to get a good lining." It was disconcerting being told we needed a test and then a week later we didn't. She suggested trying a natural cycle which I started and when she discovered fluid in my uterus (which I believe was there from the cancelled cycle before) we were brought into her office and mid-cycle suggested surrogacy in a very odd way. Asking if I knew anyone who I would want to be my surrogate and saying she wished she could be mine. My husband and I were no where near ready for that conversation and it was very strange to have it brought up in the middle of an FET cycle. The fluid was aspirated, I had a second HSG with her associate (who called me a conundrum during that procedure) and she recommended going ahead with the third transfer. That one failed and we decided to get a second opinion at that point.
Be ready to be in the driver's seat of your fertility journey whether it's following up for results, getting medications called in and doing your research. Dr. Alexander is smart but there were things that were missed along the way and I wish we were given a more realistic idea of what to expect with the entire process.
Dr. Alexander was compassionate and caring to a fault. This was just what we needed in the beginning but as things went wrong this actually made the process more difficult because she had strong feelings which were sometimes hard to deal with. The nurses were compassionate when I saw them and always knew my name and had a positive and caring attitude no matter what was happening.
Egg retrieval was pretty typical. FET changed from estrogen pills to many patches and Viagra, lovenox, steroids and lots of natural supplements and PIO and endometrin when it was time. Final FET was natural (waiting for me to ovulate) with a little patch support and endometrin/PIO shots, lovenox and steroids.
The nurses were great in person. All of them were warm and knowledgable. They were sometimes hard to get a hold of and I would have to follow up on medications because occasionally something slipped between the cracks.
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
It's like a factory. The waiting room is bustling sometimes beyond what's tolerable. There are t.v.s to watch in the waiting room. It's almost impossible to get anyone to answer the phone or call you back. The financial department is not helpful and was absent the entire time (there were mistakes.) . The lab techs are very nice and on it.
I think a retrieval cycle was listed as a little over $20k but once you add tests and meds its more like $30k. We spent close to $7k for everything for each transfer.
She went back and forth about whether or not to transfer one or two but ultimately agreed with our decision to transfer one at a time... she felt strongly about me not carrying twins for health reasons.
Beverly Hills

After my consult I had a chemical pregnancy that did not want to clear my body and she checked on me weekly. She [Carolyn Alexander] offered encouragement and also let me know that she was ready to jump in as soon as I was ready and my cycle had returned. She always finishes her phone calls or emails with "Best wishes" or "be well" and I think she might actually mean it. :) I have not conceived with her yet but I feel she will support me for as long as I continue to see her.
I came to SCRC not knowing what to expect. I have theee children and I assumed having a fourth was a no brainer. 9 months later still nothing. My regular OB recommended Dr. Alexander and my rheumatologist recommended another. I'm so glad I got to meet Dr. Alexander. The first visit was to go over my health status and what tests needed to be done to eval my fertility status. She also used a power point to explain all options available and also to help me figure out what course of treatment should happen next. After my consult I had a chemical pregnancy that did not want to clear my body and she checked on me weekly. She offered encouragement and also let me know that she was ready to jump in as soon as I was ready and my cycle had returned. She always finishes her phone calls or emails with "Best wishes" or "be well" and I think she might actually mean it. :) I have not conceived with her yet but I feel she will support me for as long as I continue to see her.
Come ready with questions and information about your fertility to save time.
Dr. Alexander is extremely caring. She has made me feel like she genuinely cares about how Im doing and how things are going without coddling or intruding. I have never had another doctor like her.
Metformin- I have had surgery for dermoids multiple times so I think she put me in a pcos category. This drug helps with egg quality. Estrace- my lining and periods have been light either due to age or bc I have had a d and c and also retained placenta removal in the past. Coq10- help with egg quality Letrazole- I have Some cycles without ovulation Hcg injection- trigger ovulation Dexamethasone- bc i have autoimmune issues Aspirin- to build lining Folgard- not sure but I think bc a lot of people have some clotting or antibody gene or mosaic of the gene Prometrium- support potential pregnancy Prenatal vitamin
They respond promptly and never disregard a concern or question.
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
Very busy- strength and weakness bc you can get in and or quickly but it also has the feeling of a fertility mill.
Co pay of $30 each visit. $250 for a consult but they waved it bc I she had to cance last minute.
Beverly Hills

Dr Alexander is a great listener and also very practical with her advice. She is kind but doesn’t sugar-coat things which I appreciate ... She was very understanding about our desire to start gradually- first with Clomid and then moving to IUI. When the Clomid gave me vision side effects she was quick to correct course and try an alternative. When we miscarried she called and was very compassions and helped us remain positive. Her bedside manner during all of the IUI procedures has been amazing and so positive.
She is kind and respectful of our wishes. She explains things throughly and is very responsive to all my questions. I feel very comfortable asking her anything- even if the questions seem silly. She really put me at ease during all of our procedures and consultations.
Ask her anything- she is very straightforward in a very practical way, but also kind.
The clinical team is very prompt to reply to all of our calls and emails which is a huge relief when you have so many questions like we did!!
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
It is a lovely waiting room and facility. I always feel very comfortable going to this office. From the receptionists to the lab workers to the nurses, everyone is very kind an compassionate. I have never felt rushed or ignored like I have at other clinics. It is really a very pleasant experience at this office.
Last year we spent close to $20K

3 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
Poor Egg Quality, Other
She [Dr. Carolyn Alexander] is a brilliant doctor, incredibly smart. She is warm and kind. She is not always the best communicator because her mind is working at a mile a minute, but I appreciate very much her expertise. She also frequently sought the opinions of other colleagues, both in the clinic and outside. It wasn't about ego for her it was about doing the best possible thing...Dr. Alexander also successfully removed, or significantly reduced a large uterine septum I have. The first operation I had with another doctor had failed. Dr. Alexander did an excellent job.
3 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
Poor Egg Quality, Other
She is a brilliant doctor, incredibly smart. She is warm and kind. She is not always the best communicator because her mind is working at a mile a minute, but I appreciate very much her expertise. She also frequently sought the opinions of other colleagues, both in the clinic and outside. It wasn't about ego for her it was about doing the best possible thing.
Make sure you ask questions and you do your own research too. And know that she is thinking about you.
Dr. Alexander gave me her personal cell phone number and always immediately responded to any texts or questions I had, and would call me personally with the results of milestone tests. She seemed to really care.
The main problem with the nursing staff is turnover, and so you don't have a consistent or ongoing relationship with one person. They often change, and also you get who you get, depending on who answers the phone or emails. But they are nice and helpful.
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
It is a very busy clinic, always full. That said, I never felt like a number, just that I was in a very busy office! The main thing is having to be on top of your own treatment and following up yourself when necessary.

Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
I am so grateful to Dr. Alexander for her incredible work with us. Her positive outlook allowed us to get through one of the most difficult times in our lives. She is extremely knowledgeable and patient focused. Her approach is tailor made to each patient. When she treats you, you feel like the sole focus of her office. She will always make time for you as a patient and will do everything to ensure a successful outcome. She is extremely sensitive to a patient's needs.
Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
She is an amazing provider. I would recommend following all of her advice with regard to a retrieval. She is extremely responsive to a patient's need/ concerns so make sure to take an active role in your treatment process.
Dr. Alexander worked very hard to provide us with individualized service. She always remembered all of the facts about our case and would work with us to establish treatment plans.When things were not successful she made sure to call us to comfort us. She always made sure we were comfortable with all of our treatments plans.
My first FET and retrieval were pretty standard. My second and third FET involved the use of lovenox. This was used after it was discovered that I tested positive for lupus anticoagulant. My third FET also involved the use of prednisone (a steroid) due to a discovered history of familial autoimmune conditions.
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
The clinic is excellent. However, the separation between themselves and the embryology laboratory can make things complicated with regards to billing.
Our doctor allowed us to transfer two embryos during each FET. This was our preference and she remained supportive of our choice. She left the decision of transferring one or two up to us (due to our diagnosis). However, she was very clear that she would not transfer more than two (a pretty standard practice based on our young age)
Beverly Hills

She [Dr. Alexander] was amazing. Although our treatments didn't work, she was both a doctor and a friend and a mother to me. I felt safe and loved. I have a severe needle phobia and she did everything I needed. ... I was so defeated when I met her and she gave me such hope. She worked around my phobias and everything she said made sense. She brought me a rose on one of my IUI dates. I felt like I could contact her anytime and she always had time for me.
She was truly amazing. I was so defeated when I met her and she gave me such hope. She worked around my phobias and everything she said made sense. She brought me a rose on one of my IUI dates. I felt like I could contact her anytime and she always had time for me.
Be honest with your needs; she is a great listener.
She was amazing. Although our treatments didn't work, she was both a doctor and a friend and a mother to me. I felt safe and loved. I have a severe needle phobia and she did everything I needed.
She adjusted me to letrozole with dexamethasone. I had never done a trigger shot before due to my needle phobia. She said I could use a smaller needle and that it could be in my butt instead of stomach. She and her nurses did the shots for me; one nurse even came to my house at 10pm!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Southern California Reproductive Center.
That was my dream team. The ultrasound tech was a friend from church who prayed for me. The one who took my blood worked around my needle phobia and became a lifelong friend. The coordinator spent countless hours on the phone with me. They were all amazing.
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
Many of the personnel there have changed, so I can't comment accurately on the clinic now. When I was there, I loved the team. The environment was more like a spa setting which I loved. It would be good to meet each of the doctors and the nurses there to get a feel for them.
It's been a long time, but I believe each IUI was roughly $1,000. I was just on oral meds and the trigger shot, which was about $100.
Santa Barbara

Anovulation, Male Factor
Anovulation, Male Factor
She is very experienced, warm and friendly. Very knowledgable and aggressive (in a good way.) You do have to pull information out of her though in order to understand completely what she wants you to do but once you get to know her you trust her completely.
Ask a lot of questions.
Dr. Alexander followed my lead and was aggressive about my treatments. We first tried letrazole which I had negative reactions to. Dr. Alexander found a polyp in my uterus which I had surgically removed. Around the same time after doing a semen analysis for my husband she referred us to a Male Fertility Specialist who discovered that he had varicocele and needed surgery. We are now 6 months later and have done an additional 2 clomid cycles and are now doing IUI. While I am not pregnant I've been extremely happy under Dr Alexanders care.
They are all very knowledgable and helpful.
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
It is a high end Beverly Hills clinic that is very well maintained. Everything is state of the art yet they take insurance which makes it affordable!
Bloodwork is $110, Ultrasound is $220, IUI is $350.