7.3

Carolyn Maud Doherty works at

717 N. 190th Plaza
Omaha, NE 68022

2006 - 2012, Unknown Success
We did 3 rounds of IUI with her [Dr. Carolyn Doherty]...She is very bold! One of the miscarriages I had She acted like no big deal and told to move on. Very numb to it all...She was to the point, which is fine. She was very fast. You can tell she has done this for a long time. She was professional at times. She seems to go very fast. She performed a surgery on me and told me I had stage 4 endometriosis. I had no idea what it was and she really didn't explain it at all. I did my own research. She seemed to communicate better with my husband.
[The nursing staff at Methodist for Women was] Cold and numb. But I am sure they knew what they were doing...When we would go we would wait usually 30 minutes to 60 minutes. They staff was not very friendly when we had one of our miscarriages. Said this happens and start our next cycle so and so date. I am sure they are just so use to it that they become numb to it. But it was still very difficult...We did 3 rounds of IUI with her [Dr. Carolyn Doherty]...She is very bold! One of the miscarriages I had She acted like no big deal and told to move on. V
How was your experience with Carolyn Maud Doherty at Methodist for Women?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Carolyn Maud Doherty at Methodist for Women?
She is very fast paced.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Carolyn Maud Doherty at Methodist for Women?
Describe the protocols Carolyn Maud Doherty used in your cycles at Methodist for Women and their degree of success.
We did 3 rounds of IUI with her. She was open every day of the week. They did a good job monitoring my ovaries. Was about to start IVF- But unfortunaly we could not afford anymore due to us getting the surgery bill we had to pay out of pocket. Insurance in Nebraska does not pay for any infertility.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Methodist for Women.
Cold and numb. But I am sure they knew what they were doing.
Describe your experience with Methodist for Women.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Carolyn Maud Doherty at Methodist for Women.
30,000 plus
Describe Carolyn Maud Doherty's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Methodist for Women.
We wouldn't care either way just a healthy baby.
Omaha
She [Dr. Carolyn Doherty] is honest and frank about speaking to you about your conditions. She was very blunt which I appreciated. I couldn’t ask for anything different in a doctor. She took time to address my concerns. I felt that’s she provided great care. I would go back to her if needed... I did one IUI with Clomid. I looked into further testing and she had a plan for us but we decided not to pursue more treatment.
[Methodist for Women's] Strengths-quality care, honest and real, helpful staff Weakness-expensive care, lacked compassion It would be good for someone new to know about the cost assoxiated with infertility treatment. This clinic was helpful though... I did one IUI with Clomid. I looked into further testing and she had a plan for us but we decided not to pursue more treatment.
How was your experience with Carolyn Maud Doherty at Methodist for Women?
She is honest and frank about speaking to you about your conditions. She was very blunt which I appreciated. I couldn’t ask for anything different in a doctor. She took time to address my concerns. I felt that’s she provided great care. I would go back to her if needed.
This process takes a while so be patient.
She sat down and spoke to us and answered our questions.
No issues to report
A lot! Thousands of dollars
Omaha

[Dr. Doherty was] Very kind and compassionate, but unwilling to consider changes to my protocol based on my own research and self-advocacy, in favor of a prepackaged protocol...didn’t feel like my voice was heard or experiences appreciated. I hoped to change protocols from one retrieval to another, and no significant change was made. I questioned my progesterone and that was brushed off, only to end up having to urgently increase progesterone because it was low
I liked the check in procedure[at Methodist for Women] , and appreciated the fresh look the clinic had. I liked that I saw a doctor every visit, and that they were very clear about when I was supposed to do things! I will go back to them, because my insurance only covers their services. I wish they would be more willing to try new things, and read modern research in driving their practice...I have spent around $15,000 out of pocket, even with insurance.
How was your experience with Carolyn Maud Doherty at Methodist for Women?
I loved all of the doctors there, but didn’t feel like my voice was heard or experiences appreciated. I hoped to change protocols from one retrieval to another, and no significant change was made. I questioned my progesterone and that was brushed off, only to end up having to urgently increase progesterone because it was low.
Be willing to push really really hard to get what you want out of treatment.
ER 1 was only Gonal F and cetrotide, following 1 month of BCP. ER 2 was menopur, gonal f and cetrotide with no BCP. Both yielded identical results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Methodist for Women. (Assigned nurse: Monica or Julie)
Monica was amazing. I appreciate her so much. Julie was horrible. When we had our loss, she told me with zero compassion, on Mother’s Day, of all days. She made me cry on 2 occasions! I’m going to be a nurse, and I think about how much I want to be different than her, often. All of my nurse ratings are in the middle- too points for Monica, 0 points for Julie.
Describe your experience with Methodist for Women.
I liked the check in procedure, and appreciated the fresh look the clinic had. I liked that I saw a doctor every visit, and that they were very clear about when I was supposed to do things! I will go back to them, because my insurance only covers their services. I wish they would be more willing to try new things, and read modern research in driving their practice.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Methodist for Women.
It was fine! I like the open hours, honestly.
I have spent around $15,000 out of pocket, even with insurance.
We didn’t PGS test, so Dr. Delaney was open to transferring 2 each time. If we had PGS tested, she would have preferred eSET.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Methodist for Women.
I’ve mentioned before that I had concerns about the length of time I am on progesterone. The clinic has been pretty unwilling to try new things, and once, responded to my request with “well we have been doing this a long time.”
Omaha

She [Dr. Carolyn Maud Doherty] took the time to talk to us. When we found out our make factor had gotten worse she said she didn’t want us to waste money on iui and to wait and recheck count later on. Which made me feel good that she was t just in it for the money...She gave results but didn’t explain much...we’re hoping to avoid ivf due to cost. So I really appreciate her giving me blunt answers on not doing iui...or move on to ivf it is a must...We are currently trying to bring up sperm count. But plan to do injectable stims for iui with trigger.
We are currently trying to bring up sperm count. But plan to do injectable stims for iui with trigger [with Methodist For Women]...They [nurses] were great at getting everyone who lined up in the morning checked in and out in a very efficient time. They were great at getting blood from the awful veins and always seemed to have a smile on their face...I had to call to get SA results which isn’t a big deal. I just need to be in the know...The initial consult is $400 and they said my insurance would cover most of it but it was denied. My insurance did cover some of the blood work and the saline ultrasound. But I have no infertility coverage. They have covered the SA we have had and moving forward it will be all out of pocket. Iui is $800. Plus meds and monitoring.
How was your experience with Carolyn Maud Doherty at Methodist for Women?
She gave results but didn’t explain much. But she knows I will read in to what they mean. The nurses and staff were very kind and during my appointments things moved quickly. We still haven’t started much treatment but that’s because we’re hoping to avoid ivf due to cost. So I really appreciate her giving me blunt answers on not doing iui until we get his count issue resolved or move on to ivf it is a must. They open very early which makes it easy to be seen and still get in to work on time
Have your questions written down. Bring a copy of your file. My other dr didn’t have it over in time and I printed everything I could from my file which was good because she had nothing.
She took the time to talk to us. When we found out our make factor had gotten worse she said she didn’t want us to waste money on iui and to wait and recheck count later on. Which made me feel good that she was t just in it for the money
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Methodist for Women.
They were great at getting everyone who lined up in the morning checked in and out in a very efficient time. They were great at getting blood from the awful veins and always seemed to have a smile on their face.
Describe your experience with Methodist for Women.
They open early which makes it so easy for me to go in before work. But they do close early which makes it hard for ya working husband to go in and do things. They run open clinic until 9am. It’s first come first serve. After that it’s other appointments that are set u til 3pm. After that they close. Usually you can get in for an appointment time without much wait.
2011 - 2013, Unknown Success
If you are not ready to accept what she [Dr. Doherty] has to tell you based on findings bluntly then she is not the doctor for you necessarily but in my mind if your paying that much you want to the point, up front, and no beating around the bush...I only used injectables for all treatments, new lab work completed each year, regular ultrasounds and labs during treatment courses. After positive test regular ultrasounds and labs to monitor how pregnancy was progressing until reached point to transfer can to my OB of choice. I responded well to trwatments só not much change to planned course other than mild dosage changes to increase production of eggs
10,000-12,000 for IVF [at Methodist for Woemn-Omaha]...Sometimes the limited window to do daily labs and ultrasounds made life slightly difficult as I had to commute 2 hours one way...Do their best to make smooth process and get you in and out as quick as possible since it is necessary for frequent visits dependent where you are at in treatment course...I only used injectables for all treatments, new lab work completed each year, regular ultrasounds and labs during treatment courses. After positive test regular ultrasounds and labs to monitor how pregnancy was progressing until reached point to transfer can to my OB of choice. I responded well to trwatments só not much change to planned course other than mild dosage changes to increase production of eggs
How was your experience with Carolyn Maud Doherty at Methodist for Women?
Always up front with me, when I asked a question I always knew she was telling me as it was and never sugar coating or instilling false hope. At my toughest times still willing to hear me no matter how unreasonable but open to my requests to change treatment paths if possible for me. For example after my failed IVF round and we decided to pursue route of donor, had one in medicated transfer and I was at an all time low in our journey. All I had to do was ask if possible/ good idea to use meds to increase odds. Had a call back that same day to discuss our plan.
If you are not ready to accept what she has to tell you based on findings bluntly then she is not the doctor for you necessarily but in my mind if your paying that much you want to the point, up front, and no beating around the bush.
Felt like a human because they always made the attempt to connect with me on a personal level outside of why I was visiting the office.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Methodist for Women.
Sometimes me being a nurse made it seem as though they didn’t go into grave detail but I had basic understanding already and if questioned something asked and was always given a complete explanation
Describe your experience with Methodist for Women.
Sometimes the limited window to do daily labs and ultrasounds made life slightly difficult as I had to commute 2 hours one way. Understand why the clinic ran that was and in the scheme of thing very mild negative aspect in my mind. Do their best to make smooth process and get you in and out as quick as possible since it is necessary for frequent visits dependent where you are at in treatment course
As stated before issues I encountered related to the window and my work schedule with a 2 hour commute each way. It’s a big investment so you do what they say to ensure best odds and experience. Process seemed to make wait time lower for the most part and as smooth as possible
10,000-12,000 for IVF believe about half that for each IUI treatment with medications
Max transfer was 3 and that depended on embryo grading.
Omaha
[Dr. Carolyn Doherty]She’s very knowledgeable, kind, and to the point. She listens to all medical histories and looks for the reason causing infertility...She approached testing with urgency...[new patient advice] Make sure you stay on top of appointments and scheduling. I fell off their radar and work got busy. We only got through the prelim testing...
They [nurses of Methodist for Women] did seem organized and didn’t have any trouble getting my blood...[facility]Clean, organized, has a play area for kids if you have to bring them. Ultrasounds and blood work are all done in the office which makes the process much easier...Make sure you stay on top of appointments and scheduling. I fell off their radar and work got busy.
How was your experience with Carolyn Maud Doherty at Methodist for Women?
She’s very knowledgeable, kind, and to the point. She listens to all medical histories and looks for the reason causing infertility. Some may take offense at her fact-based approach, but I deeply respected her for it. I’m almost 40 and not getting any younger. She approached testing with urgency.
She is a busy doc. Make sure you stay on top of appointments and scheduling. I fell off their radar and work got busy. We only got through the prelim testing.
She was frank and factual in her delivery of my diagnosis. I respect that. She gave me the news that it would be IVF or nothing. She said we needed to get started on hormone treatments. And I never heard back from her. It was a vague answer and I wasn’t sure how to proceed to next steps. I expected to be called by a scheduler, like usual. But never got a call. Other than this experience, she was incredibly honest and I appreciated her delivery and optimism.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Methodist for Women.
My experience with the nurses are limited. I only had two chances to meet with them, and that was just for blood work. They did seem organized and didn’t have any trouble getting my blood, which is saying A LOT. most hospitals can’t.
Describe your experience with Methodist for Women.
Clean, organized, has a play area for kids if you have to bring them. Ultrasounds and blood work are all done in the office which makes the process much easier. They are over stretched. In my opinion, their weakness is not staying on top of follow ups like me.
Do not remember

2021, Unsuccessful
1 Egg Freezing With Other Docs
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
Maud is direct and to the point. They are a very busy clinic and it was in and out...She is very direct which I loved because I am spending my money to do one thing, get pregnant. I have friends and family who can be the hand holding but I wanted a doctor who gave it to me straight through the science. She did just that...If you are looking for a super compassionate doctor, Maud isn’t likely for you but she is good at what she does so for that go with her.
[Methodist for Women clinic] Strength: knowledgeable and professional Weakness: very busy and sometimes difficult to get in New patients should expect a bit of a drawn out process and prepare yourself for the cost. Most insurance doesn’t cover cost and they are quite expensive...Everyone seemed to know their duties and worked to ensure good patient care...If you are looking for a super compassionate doctor, Maud isn’t likely for you but she is good at what she does so for that go with her.
Tube removal and medicated With Gonal IUIs. None were successful
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Methodist for Women.
Everyone seemed to know their duties and worked to ensure good patient care
Describe your experience with Methodist for Women.
Not quite sure but was expensive
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Methodist for Women.
I ended up doing my retrievals at another clinic and monitored at This clinic. There was only 1 time the stat results were not communicated quickly
2017 - 2019, Unsuccessful
She [Dr. Carolyn Maud Doherty] is very honest. Doesn’t like to lead you on with false hope, which I think in this infertility world is a need we all need. She was thorough , compassionate and very professional...If you can’t handle the truth , this isn’t the doctor for you...First iui was just injected. No medicine...I have a son from my first iui...Second and third iui also no medication. All failed. Fourth and Fifth iui medicated 100/150 follistim Ganirelix when needed to postpone ovulation Pregnyl trigger shots Both failed
[The Clinic at Methodist for Women was] Very clean, very welcoming clinic Very open and spacious Very organized Blood department clean Nurses are well informed Weakness : the men’s sample rooms wall art needs updated.... [nursing staff is] Very professional Very organized Showed compassion...800 iui plus medication Ultrasound 275 Bloodwork 220
How was your experience with Carolyn Maud Doherty at Methodist for Women?
She is very honest. Doesn’t like to lead you on with false hope, which I think in this infertility world is a need we all need. She was thorough , compassionate and very professional. I really enjoyed her as a doctor
If you can’t handle the truth , this isn’t the doctor for you.
She was very direct. Didn’t lead me on to possibilities. She gave me facts and treated me like someone struggling to conceive
First iui was just injected. No medicine Successful timing I have a son from my first iui Second and third iui also no medication. All failed. Fourth and Fifth iui medicated 100/150 follistim Ganirelix when needed to postpone ovulation Pregnyl trigger shots Both failed
Very professional Very organized Showed compassion
Describe your experience with Methodist for Women.
Very clean, very welcoming clinic Very open and spacious Very organized Blood department clean Nurses are well informed Weakness : the men’s sample rooms wall art needs updated. My husband started at a bull
800 iui plus medication Ultrasound 275 Bloodwork 220
nA. Only iui with Dhorety
Omaha
Dr. Doherty is a great doctor and she is very knowledgeable in her field. ... I’ve done injections with IUI each cycle. After my first cycle was unsuccessful they tweaked my medication dosages the second cycle. They provide you with a treatment map after your baseline ultrasound for each cycle. Know that no two plans or cycles are the same. ... Be patient. She is bold.
No insurance coverage but the clinic [Methodist for Women] has negotiated cash prices for private pay patients. ... They know what they’re doing & essentially have a well oiled machine. They do not operate like a typical doctors office they have walk in clinic & do a great job moving people through. The receptionist are always friendly & knowledgeable they always act like they know me (who knows if they do :)) but that is comforting. ...
How was your experience with Carolyn Maud Doherty at Methodist for Women?
Dr. Doherty is a great doctor and she is very knowledgeable in her field. Some people struggle with her bed side manner. They do an excellent job moving people through the clinic & keeping everyone on schedule.
Be patient. She is bold.
I feel like almost everyone at the clinic knows me.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Methodist for Women.
they are knowledgeable & get back to you quickly.
Describe your experience with Methodist for Women.
No insurance coverage but the clinic has negotiated cash prices for private pay patients.
2016, Consult
I only met with Dr. Doherty once and she was very Stern on our options which was nice..... I was very please with Dr. Doherty. She knew what i needed for treatments. With no being able to afford all our expenses we were unable to further our treatments with her. She explained everything in which i could understand.... The consultation was $400. The procedure for IVF would of cost $15,000
This clinic [Methodist for Women] was referred to me by several of our patients and friends. I'm so glad i was referred by them all. I left with having a plan for when we were ready to move forward. The facility was nice and easy to find. I was very impressed with all the whole visit.... The nurses helped me understand each procedure and the next step to take... The consultation was $400. The procedure for IVF would of cost $15,000
How was your experience with Carolyn Maud Doherty at Methodist for Women?
She is an amazing Doctor. I have no negative comments about her.
With Dr. Doherty I was unable to further treatments as we had spent all of our retirement money on IUIs at previous facilities and Doctors. Im unsure whether IVF would of worked for us or not. I had faith it would of if we were able to move forward with the IVF
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Methodist for Women.
The nurses helped me understand each procedure and the next step to take.
Describe your experience with Methodist for Women.
This clinic was referred to me by several of our patients and friends. I'm so glad i was referred by them all. I left with having a plan for when we were ready to move forward. The facility was nice and easy to find. I was very impressed with all the whole visit.
The consultation was $400. The procedure for IVF would of cost $15,000
She would of only transferred 2 at a time.

2021 - 2022, Successful
I really like Dr. Doherty and her candid/to the point approach. She is compassionate and has been kind to me...She is focused on results which I appreciate...[she] prefers single embryo transfer (at least for me a young patient with PGA normal embryo) which is also my preference due to risk/statistics.
I wish there was an electronic messaging system [at Methodist for Women] and would like to get more of a schedule up front to know what to expect for appointments/meds etc. Information is given on more of a need to know basis...Don't expect too much hand holding, make sure to call nurses during business hours with questions before the lines close (get those hours down)
How was your experience with Carolyn Maud Doherty at Methodist for Women?
I really like Dr. Doherty and her candid/to the point approach. She is compassionate and has been kind to me despite my being a neurotic fertility patient. She is focused on results which I appreciate. It's expensive but it's kind of the only game in town. Currently 12 weeks with my second transfer and hoping that the baby is healthy. If so, it will all be worth it!
Don't expect too much hand holding, make sure to call nurses during business hours with questions before the lines close (get those hours down) as there is not an electronic messaging system.
Describe your experience with Methodist for Women.
I wish there was an electronic messaging system and would like to get more of a schedule up front to know what to expect for appointments/meds etc. Information is given on more of a need to know basis. I have been happy with them so far though.
About 30K in so far
Dr. Doherty prefers single embryo transfer (at least for me a young patient with PGA normal embryo) which is also my preference due to risk/statistics.
Omaha
She [Dr. Doherty] is very funny and explained all the risk and of everything. I was told I had no eggs from another doctor in Maryland and she explained that I did have eggs. She also talked to me about my likely hood of getting pregnant and PGS testing ... be ready to hear what she can do and really take her advice. she is an amazing doctor who is very knowledgeable
Billing is a little odd and high. The front desk staff [Methodist for Women] are great and help you as much as they can, there is not a very long wait and the are very accommodating to your schedule. The only "weakness" is the billing but I understand ... I had asked them not prescribe a certain med as it was to strong and they did anyway and didn't change when I asked them to
How was your experience with Carolyn Maud Doherty at Methodist for Women?
She is very funny and explained all the risk and of everything. I was told I had no eggs from another doctor in Maryland and she explained that I did have eggs. She also talked to me about my likely hood of getting pregnant and PGS testing
She was very understanding and didn't waste anytime with treatment. She is very caring and helpful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Methodist for Women.
great!! they always gave a call back, talked me off the ledge when my anxiety was getting really bad
Describe your experience with Methodist for Women.
Billing is a little odd and high. The front desk staff are great and help you as much as they can, there is not a very long wait and the are very accommodating to your schedule. The only "weakness" is the billing but I understand
so far about 16,000.00 not including meds
Omaha
Dr. Doherty for me is one of the best fertility doctor, yes she is very blunt and doesn’t sugar coat you and that is what I like about her being straightforward. She did made sure that some of my Health issues were taken care of after the I’ve transfer...For my egg retrieval I was doing (350 iu once a day) and menopur (2 vials of liquid mix to 1 vial of powder once a day) for 9-10 days before my egg retrieval
Overall the clinic itself with all their staffs are great for what they do. I don’t really have a negative word to say for all my visits with them. They accommodated me really well and I’m just so thankful that it did work on our first try...They [Methodist for Women nurses] were somewhat friendly and very accommodating..
How was your experience with Carolyn Maud Doherty at Methodist for Women?
If you are looking for a doctor that gets the job done it will be dr. Doherty
All of the staffs were friendly.
For my egg retrieval I was doing (350 iu once a day) and menopur (2 vials of liquid mix to 1 vial of powder once a day) for 9-10 days before my egg retrieval. They were able to retrieve 7 eggs from my egg retrieval operation but on day 5 only 2 eggs at blastocyst stage left sent for genetic testing, after the genetic testing 1 is normal and that is what we used for the IVF transfer. I was so thankful that the first and only try we could do worked the first time and now we are raising our 3 months 2 weeks daughter.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Methodist for Women.
They were somewhat friendly and very accommodating
Describe your experience with Methodist for Women.
We did not have insurance to cover our expenses and I think we spent 30k dollars.