Fertility Center of Las Vegas

Doctor, Nurse available by emailNurse available by direct lineAvailable by cell phone
Medical SchoolU. of Arizona
ResidencyCase Western
FellowshipEmory
Henderson
2769 Sunridge Heights
Henderson, NV 89052
8851 W. Sahara Avenue
Las Vegas, NV 89117
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Carrie Bedient to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Fertility Center of Las Vegas to a friend?
We walked away from our meetings [with Dr. Carrie Bedient] knowing the success rates but thinking that pursuing IVF would be a slam dunk to conceive. She did not require that we do genetic testing until after 3 failed IVF transfers. After 2 we were very worried and requested it ourselves. After we received the results she said that she was so glad that we did it since our embryos had so many abnormalities
How was your experience with Carrie Bedient at Fertility Center of Las Vegas?
I couldn't imagine a better doctor to have while going through this emotionally and physically exhausting journey! She puts you at ease while also making sure that you are informed each step of the way. She never made me feel rushed to ask questions and I always felt comfortable asking anything. My one complaint is that I feel that she can be overly optimistic. I think that a certain level is necessary to provide hope but I felt like the response "you are young and healthy" gave my husband and myself too much false hope. We walked away from our meetings knowing the success rates but thinking that pursuing IVF would be a slam dunk to conceive. She did not require that we do genetic testing until after 3 failed IVF transfers. After 2 we were very worried and requested it ourselves. After we received the results she said that she was so glad that we did it since our embryos had so many abnormalities. I have trusted her each step of the way (and of course none of us expected those results) but sometimes providing too much hope of success can be a double-edged sword for patients.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Carrie Bedient at Fertility Center of Las Vegas?
Go visit her! She has such a calming quality about her which will put your anxious minds at ease. Make sure to write down questions that you have beforehand. She will answer all of them, you just have to remember what you want to ask!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Carrie Bedient at Fertility Center of Las Vegas?
Dr. Bedient makes you feel like you are her only patient. Over the phone or in person she takes the time to answer all of your questions and makes sure that you have all of the information that you need. Her bedside manner and calming demeanor are exactly what are needed in such a sensitive field!
Describe the protocols Carrie Bedient used in your cycles at Fertility Center of Las Vegas and their degree of success.
The first treatment strategy (after all initial diagnostic testing was completed) was trying letrezol pills to induce ovulation - as my irregular cycles indicated that my body was not ovulated consistently on its own - with timed intercourse. We pursued this for 3 cycles with no success. We personally chose to skip the IUI treatment path next and instead went straight into IVF. We had the egg retrieval and instead of a fresh transfer, all 5 day blastocysts were frozen for subsequent frozen embryo transfers.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of Las Vegas. (Assigned nurse: Christie )
She was usually quick to respond via email with all of my questions and concerns, even after hours.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Las Vegas.
The clinic is clean and well organized. I loved that the waiting room has snacks and drinks because sometimes you are there for long periods of time! The staff is all so friendly and helpful and oftentimes they remember you by name which adds a level of comfort. My only odd complaint is that I don't like the TV on in the waiting room, I'm nervous enough at appointments and maybe the sound soothes others but it irritates me. Otherwise we love the clinic!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Carrie Bedient at Fertility Center of Las Vegas.
$14,400 for the global ivf package which included the egg retrieval, anesthesia, IVF coordinator, bloodwork, ultrasounds, transfers for up to 1 year, embryo storage for 1 year.
Describe Carrie Bedient's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Center of Las Vegas.
Dr. Bedient strongly encouraged us to only transfer one embryo at a time to minimize the risks of carrying multiples. We had the choice either way, however.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Dr. Bedient was kind, I never felt rushed, and she remembered personal details of things we had discussed about my personal life and would ask me about them at follow up appointments. She seemed to genuinely take in interest in my health and helping me get pregnant.... I did 50 mg of Clomid, with an HCG trigger shot, and IUI 6x. I was carefully monitored via bloodwork and vaginal ultrasounds and always kept in the loop about how many mature eggs I had.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with Carrie Bedient at Fertility Center of Las Vegas?
Dr Bedient is a female, which I love, when discussing sensitive issues regarding reproduction. She is also a mother so she has been through pregnancy herself. She is kind, compassionate, and always fit me into her schedule if it was an emergency. She was willing to answer any questions I had and took her time during every appointment.
Double check everything done with billing/insurance, I had several issues with their finance department
The nursing staff was great in this office, they are all female and very prompt. My appointments always started on time and once you are brought back into a patient room, the nurses are usually in the room within a couple minutes. Follow up instructions were clearly given, prescriptions were called in with no issues, and they return phone calls quickly.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Las Vegas.
Strengths: Appointments always start on time, you are in and out quickly, the staff is entirely female (except for one male Doctor but I never saw him), staff is friendly and compassionate, lots of ample parking Weaknesses: Billing/Finance department, I had several issues with the finance team, it eventually got resolved and I was reimbursed for everything I was overcharged, but it took a year for me to get my money back. I would have left the clinic and gone some where else, but my Doctor was awesome.
My IUIs were covered by insurance but I did a financial consultation for IVF, they charge $15,000 not including medication
Las Vegas
IVF with own eggs, Day 5 frozen embryo transfer [with Dr. Bedient]. Treatment plan for endometriosis and severe endometriosis during IVF cycle and pregnancy. Successful IVF cycle, currently pregnant with a Singleton! We have a game plan for future transfers and endometriosis control and treatment as well...Very real, very supportive, loving, kind, knowledgeable, and extremely caring in all she does. Highly recommend her and her staff, everyone there is so nice and helpful! She has been such an amazing resource and guide through the craziness of IVF.
How was your experience with Carrie Bedient at Fertility Center of Las Vegas?
Unbelievable doctor! Very real, very supportive, loving, kind, knowledgeable, and extremely caring in all she does. Highly recommend her and her staff, everyone there is so nice and helpful! She has been such an amazing resource and guide through the craziness of IVF.
Expect to be treated really well :-)
IVF with own eggs, Day 5 frozen embryo transfer. Treatment plan for endometriosis and severe endometriosis during IVF cycle and pregnancy. Successful IVF cycle, currently pregnant with a Singleton! We have a game plan for future transfers and endometriosis control and treatment as well.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of Las Vegas. (Assigned nurse: Christy )
Absolutely wonderful!! Genuinely cared for me and my process I was going through. Would make herself available to me at all times and all hours of the day/night! Such a sweetheart! She even walked me through my first injections over the phone! She’s incredible and I had an extremely awesome experience with her!
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Las Vegas.
Strengths: incredible and friendly staff, evidence-based fertility treatments, caring doctor who makes sure you know everything up front and that helps you choose the best route for your family. No weaknesses that I am aware of or saw. :-)
About $23,000 for everything
My age (30 at time of retrieval/transfer) was the biggest factor. Being young increased the chances of a successful cycle. Also I’ve miscarried before, so we didn’t want to try to put in too many embryos at once until we knew for sure how my body would react to carrying a baby again.
Las Vegas
Dr. Bedient is wonderful. So compassionate and kind, spent as much time with me as I needed to make sure all my questions were answered and that I was comfortable. I never felt rushed....So far did one egg retreival cycle using menopur, follistim 225 mcg, and ganirellex. Got 6 eggs, all 6 fertilized, and 4 made it to day 6 blast stage
How was your experience with Carrie Bedient at Fertility Center of Las Vegas?
Very pleasant, spent lots of time and answered all questions, never felt rushed
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of Las Vegas. (Assigned nurse: Arlyn)
Arlyn was always very polite and compassionate but sometimes hard to get a hold off, did not always get same day answers
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Las Vegas.
Very nice calming atmosphere, drinks/snacks available
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Fertility Center of Las Vegas.
Ultrasound monitoring was done 630-830 AM, a time slot was scheduled for you, mostly on time
Spent $19000 for full IVF cycle including egg retrieval, monitoring/labs, anesthesia/surgery center fees, genetic testing and freezing/storage of embryos. Medications were mostly covered by Tricare, paid $1500