Medical SchoolU. of California Irvine
ResidencyUCLA
FellowshipUCLA
6332 San Vicente Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90048
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Carrie Wambach to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Reproductive Partners Medical Group to a friend?
She [Dr. Wambach] did a full blood work panel testing for auto-immune issues. They came back negative. She did a uterine lining biopsy or what they call a "mock" cycle to ensure that your body is absorbing the meds at a certain rate. In my case, this yielded results that I need my transfer after 7 days of progesterone vs. five - so helpful info. She also did a full "auto-immune" protocol which is where I get intralipid infusion, take prednisone, and lovenox all to ensure that my immune system doesn't try to kill the embryo.
How was your experience with Carrie Wambach at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Carrie has so much empathy. She has been thorough it herself, and describes things in a calm, cool, manner - not sugar coating but remaining positive. She makes herself available as needed and is extremely kind.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Carrie Wambach at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Sometimes she is scheduled to be your doctor and you end up pawned off to someone else in office.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Carrie Wambach at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Carrie herself was kind, compassionate, took time and care, and treated me like a human for sure. I cannot say the same of the office in general.
Describe the protocols Carrie Wambach used in your cycles at Reproductive Partners Medical Group and their degree of success.
When I moved over to RPMG, and specifically Carrie, I did so because she was far more aggressive on testing than what other doctors who considered some forms experimental. She did a full blood work panel testing for auto-immune issues. They came back negative. She did a uterine lining biopsy or what they call a "mock" cycle to ensure that your body is absorbing the meds at a certain rate. In my case, this yielded results that I need my transfer after 7 days of progesterone vs. five - so helpful info. She also did a full "auto-immune" protocol which is where I get intralipid infusion, take prednisone, and lovenox all to ensure that my immune system doesn't try to kill the embryo.
They are lovely , but very uneven. Some show a lot of compassion and care, others don't. Some are organized, others not. There was turnover, and lack of consistency. Some were organized, others not at all....really depended.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
The greatest weakness in the amount of time you'll wait for your appointment, and the lack of empathy from the staff who handles billing. Sometimes I'd be leaving in tears and they'd try to argue with me over a $60 ultrasound bill. The way I see it, you have my embryos, you have my credit card info, I don't need to sand in line crying to check out. We' re not running from paying. Additionally, there have been times where I am told to make sure I arrive on time for my appointment, and then I end up waiting one to two hours!! Not ok....PLUS I'd switched from a doctor who never made me wait more than 5 minutes, so I'd been spoiled.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Carrie Wambach at Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
$3500 for a transfer, $6900 for mini-stim, $6000 for genetic testing, $11,000 for full retrieval
Describe Carrie Wambach's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
We tried all variations - one, one tested, mutliples, mixed tested and untested. Each time there was a different approach and a different reason.
1 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Male Factor, PCOS, Immunological
Dr Wambach was one of the best doctors I have ever encountered, she spent time looking at every issue we could be encountering that might be stopping me falling pregnant and didn't rush into IVF. She took the time to always answer our questions even when she was very busy and was available by text or email at all hours...She was kind, respectful and honest about what we were going through and hugely optimistic about our chances...
1 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Male Factor, PCOS, Immunological
Don't be afraid to ask all your questions even when she seems very busy.
When making the eggs I took growth hormone to ensure we got a good number of quality eggs. We then had them all frozen to allow them to be genetically tested. She prescribed thyroid medicine to address a small issue there and performed surgery to remove a uterine septum. After the failure of the first transfer I underwent a protocol to suppress my immune system which resulted in my first pregnancy after four years of trying to conceive and 4 unsuccessful IVF cycles.
Although my husband and I think very highly of Reproductive Partners and their team, there were stressful moments in our treatment that were mainly related to poor communication between the doctors and the nurses. Mistakes were made when communicating essential details about my treatment and at times we didn't receive the information we needed, often in time sensitive situations.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
The best thing about Reproductive Partners is their approach to your treatment, I really felt like it was tailored to our needs and that we weren't rushed into a standard procedure. I really appreciated this after 3 failed attempts at another clinic. The weaknesses are definitely the links between the doctors and the nurses, and they need to work on ensuring this is seamless. It would be great if you always saw the same nurse as I think always swapping nurses means information gets lost.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
People did complain about waiting for appointments but it was never an issue for me, I was happy to wait as it was just the nature of going to that kind of clinic. During our time at Reproductive Partners they did make changes to the system which seemed to reduce the waiting time.
We paid around $20,000 for our IVF treatment, including the genetic testing of our embryos.
Los Angeles
She[Dr Wambach] really listened and remembered my concerns from visit to visit - devised a treatment plan that I felt confident with. She was a little scatter-brained at times but I trusted her...She was very sympathetic and her enthusiasm in getting me pregnant was contagious! I still had to be on top of reminding her what we had done and why but felt more in control and hopeful as her patient...She does read the chart but I had to remind a few times that we'd discussed x, y or z...
Write everything down so that you can check she is consistent with what she said last time / doesn't forget anything. She does read the chart but I had to remind a few times that we'd discussed x, y or z
She really listened and remembered my concerns from visit to visit - devised a treatment plan that I felt confident with. She was a little scatter-brained at times but I trusted her
IUI with injectible (follistim) and a trigger shot. Back to back IUIs - both ended up being before I had ovulated - resulted in my baby girl :)
Very professional - expert at blood draws. They were good at explaining in more detail what the doctor had said
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
Very busy but I always took that as a good sign. Nice, clean offices - great nursing staff. Can be a long wait for the doctor at times - and if doing IUIs you just see whichever doctor is available - has it's pros and cons
$80-$120 per visit - $300 for actual IUI. Injectibles costs was high - around $500
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
I came to her when I thought I had no options. She gave me hope and delivered on the results. She’s a great person and an amazing doctor. I was a tough case and had terrible results with another clinic after a 3 cycles. Both times I transferred embryos with Carrie [Wambach] I got positive pregnancy tests. So grateful I found her...She is so warm and has the bedside manner all doctors should have...I used mild stim cycles because my body did not respond well to high doses of meds.
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
I came to her when I thought I had no options. She gave me hope and delivered on the results. She’s a great person and an amazing doctor. I was a tough case and had terrible results with another clinic after a 3 cycles. Both times I transferred embryos with Carrie I got positive pregnancy tests. So grateful I found her.
Have an open mind.
She is so warm and has the bedside manner all doctors should have.
I used mild stim cycles because my body did not respond well to high doses of meds. I did 3 rounds and got more embryos this way.
They all know my name and greet patients in a friendly warm way. The culture of this office is welcoming and kind.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
Strengths: great doctors, friendly nurses, open minded, communicative, team oriented approach, didn’t feel like just a number, attentive to the emotional state of the patient, compassionate, willing to explain protocols. Weaknesses: long wait time in the office, offices are spread out between Beverly Hills and Redondo Beach.
2 IUI, IVF
Dr. Wambach is straightforward yet supportive, warm, caring, and takes the time to get to know you and your individual situation. She goes above and beyond—often calling and emailing on her personal time to share updates or check in.
2 IUI, IVF
I can't say enough good things about Dr. Wambach. She is straightforward yet supportive, warm, caring, and takes the time to get to know you and your individual situation. She goes above and beyond—often calling and emailing on her personal time to share updates or check in. I also trust her judgment implicitly. Dr. Huang is wonderful as well! Together their protocol has helped me get pregnant twice. They make a great team.
Don't be afraid to ask hard questions, as she will answer them honestly and fairly. She wants and believes in the best for her patients but would never steer them wrong in terms of their prospects. Also, she is very reachable via email.