Good

Albert Einstein
Columbia
Albert Einstein

Cary Dicken works in 1 office at

RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF)

Melville
8 Corporate Center Dr
Melville, NY 11747

She [Dr. Cary Dicken] was very honest in predicting our chances and I had the impression she tried everything to enhance our chances to get pregnant. She even gave us some extra medication for free when ours ran out and she felt like I need another injection before egg retrieval. She always made me feel welcome, understood and secure. I loved having her as my doctor in this critical, emotional challenging time.
I was on a "cheaper" low-stimulation plan which SHER institute doesn't offer anymore...the girls at the reception desk are not so well trained. For example, I was denied an appointment because the girl didn't know the difference between starting a cycle and doing some pre-testing. I had to contact the doctor directly who sorted things out very quickly... The doctors working there are all at the top of their field and have great bedside manners. The clinic treats you like a human being. You see one doctor all the time. The rooms are friendly and clean.
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Dr. Cary Dicken is very understanding and top-notch in her field. We did one round of IVF with my own eggs with her and we got pregnant immediately. Before, we did an IUI with her which didn't result in a pregnancy. She advised us to go do IVF to increase our chances which we did and ended up with a beautiful baby boy. I saw Dr. Dicken every visit (apart from the egg retrieval which was on a weekend with another great doctor on duty). She always made me feel good and optimistic about the whole process. I especially liked that she also answers emails quickly and detailed. Dr. Dicken explains things very easily which was important since I am not a native speaker. I felt that she did her best in giving us the best chance to conceive. What I like most about her is her warm, caring personality. I would recommend her to anybody who wants to do IVF.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Just rest assured hat you are in good hands with her and that she will do the best to get you pregnant.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Dr. Dicken has wonderful bedside manners. She answered all our questions in great detail. She even replied fast to emails. She was very honest in predicting our chances and I had the impression she tried everything to enhance our chances to get pregnant. She even gave us some extra medication for free when ours ran out and she felt like I need another injection before egg retrieval. She always made me feel welcome, understood and secure. I loved having her as my doctor in this critical, emotional challenging time.
Describe the protocols Cary Dicken used in your cycles at Sher Fertility Solutions New York and their degree of success.
I was on a low stimulation plan since my ovarian reserve was still good for my age (38 at the time of treatment). I was a case of unexplained infertility so I didn't have any known issues apart from being Vitamin D insufficient which Dr. Dicken found out in preliminary tests. I also did a genetic test as recommended by Dr. Dicken. The test revealed that I have a MTFHR Mutation, so Dr. Dicken prescribed me extra Folate. Overall, I didn't encounter any problems with the medication. I felt that her treatment plan was excellent.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Melissa)
Melissa who was my nurse coordinator did a good job explaining how to do all the injections and kept me updated about the next steps in the procedure. She was a little bit reserved and could have been a little bit more compassionate. We communicated a lot by email and she always replied in a timely manner. There was another nurse whom I particularly grew fond of. Her name is Jacqueline. She was so welcoming and nice. She really helped me go through the whole process.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
SHER institute is a great clinic to do your IVF with. The doctors working there are all at the top of their field and have great bedside manners. The clinic treats you like a human being. You see one doctor all the time. The rooms are friendly and clean. The downside, they are very pricey, when you have to pay out of your own pocket. They don't offer any grants or discounts for people who don't make so much money like other clinics do. The accounting department is horrible. They gave us a lot of stress with wrong invoices. For example, they charged us for egg freezing while we didn't have anything to freeze. This was not only unprofessional, it was also very insensitive because we would have loved to have more embryos to try for a second child. Also, the girls at the reception desk are not so well trained. For example, I was denied an appointment because the girl didn't know the difference between starting a cycle and doing some pre-testing. I had to contact the doctor directly who sorted things out very quickly.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
The monitoring appointments fit well into my schedule and once I was there, the wait times weren't long. It was a pretty smooth process.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I don't remember the exact amounts anymore. I was on a "cheaper" low-stimulation plan which SHER institute doesn't offer anymore.
Describe Cary Dicken's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
We only had two embryos worth transferring. Given my age Dr. Dicken would have let us decide if two or three embryos were going to be transferred if we had enough.
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I was denied an appointment for testing on my third day of my period because the nurse claimed that the Doctor doesn't accept new cycles anymore this month. I couldn't make her understand that I am not starting a cycle I just wanted to come in for a test which was discussed with the Doctor. I had to contact the Doctor and in the end did the test one month later.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

The nurses and front desk [Sher Fertility NY] were a welcome sight durning such an emotional time. They understood the challenges of fertility and managing it with everyday life a family.... From the moment I walked in the door I was treated with compassion. The nurses knew my name, which made it feel like a comfortable place to be. My doctor was available, direct, but would consoul me when I needed it. I truly have wonderful memories from my experience, I can not think of any weaknesses.
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Dr. Dicken is an amazing doctor. She was constantly present wether it was during a visit, over the phone and through email. She answered every question clearly and non-judgmental can, even if it was a question that I had asked a ton of times before. I felt she truly understood what U was going through not only medically and emotionally and handle it in a delicate manner but still direct and professionally. When I found out I was pregnant she was just as excited for me. I thought that was amazing because she sees so many people. But I felt I was the only one.
No matter what you are thinking or feeling tell Dr. Dicken. She is understanding and kind. Dr. Dicken wants the same outcome as you and she truly cares.
from the moment I walked in to Dr.Dickens office I was treated with such kindness. She was direct, but had a nice way of speaking to me. I left her office hopeful.
We used clomid to help with the folicals.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Jacqueline Piccardo)
The nurses and front desk were a welcome sight durning such an emotional time. They understood the challenges of fertility and managing it with everyday life a family.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I would only have to pay our copay and for the shots, which were around $300. We also had to pay for some tests.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York
All the doctors at Sher are pretty good, but she [Dr Cary dicken] has been our favourite. She is young enough to know all the new treatment and not be stuck in her ways, but also has a good amount of experience....She is an extremely compassionate and competent doctor. Well informed and communicates clearly with her patients - and maybe most importantly listens to the patients and reassures them.
[Sher Fertility of New York] Weaknesses: Care coordination from cycle to cycle and payment procedures. Strengths: staff...10-15,000 per cycle all included with meds, but they do a package upgrade so that it is cheaper if you do 2nd and 3rd cycle with them....All the doctors at Sher are pretty good, but she [Dr Cary Dicken] has been our favourite. She is young enough to know all the new treatment and not be stuck in her ways, but also has a good amount of experience.
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
All the doctors at Sher are pretty good, but she has been our favourite. She is young enough to know all the new treatment and not be stuck in her ways, but also has a good amount of experience.
All the nurses know me and my case by name. Dr Dicken has a wonderful bed side manner and is very responsive to questions. She is very compassionate.
Difficult to answer. I have a specific genetic disorder so the protocol was pretty standard (sorry I can't remember all the meds) - I had to get pgs on any embryos created. We had a good protocol to begin with during cycle 1, it was disastrous during cycle 2, so we changed it and found one that worked which produced 1-2 good embryos each cycle - which is the best we could have hoped for.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Jacqueline)
I think the only issue that I have with the clinic is that my care coordinator changes ...and I'm never quite sure who it is. However all the nurses are lovely and competent - Jacqueline, cindy, Melissa, bouchra, etc. This only became an issue when it came to calendars and medications. I would have liked to understand why medication (and dosage) was changed each round, often it was changed back when I questioned it because the meds where in similar categories...but then why change it at all to begin with?
Sher Fertility Solutions New York
Dr. Dicken is in a league of her own. Her attitude and knowledge made for an excellent IVF experience. My wife and I were not only blessed with a positive outcome, but also felt totally cared for along the way. After quite a bit of fertility research, we had an initial meeting with Dr. Dicken to discuss our options. We quickly knew she was the best doctor and Sher the right practice to help us expand our family. The IVF process can seem quite overwhelming. Dr. Dicken and the wonderful staff at Sher made sure we had all appointments, calendars, RX’s, and most importantly knowledge along the way. The office is run like a well-oiled machine- rarely a wait, efficient and caring nurses, insurance know-how, and all services onsite. Another couple friend worked with Dr. Dicken/Sher as well; they had the same excellent results and glowing feedback. We enthusiastically recommend Dr. Dicken and Sher to anyone in need of their expertise.
Don't have any negative comments. Love that the practice [Sher Institute] has an office manager who researched our insurance coverage, then met with us to review costs ahead of time... this is a HUGE benefit. Scheduling was easy and appointments on time. We've had some invoice needs after our care, and appreciate how quickly we get responses and information via phone or email.
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
She is an excellent physician with a great staff. Take notes during an initial appointment but know she is available to answer any questions as you go along
We used my eggs and my wife carried. Neither of us had any known fertility issues. Due to the way we wanted to have our child, IVF was the clear path. Dr. Dicken gave us options of a fresh transfer or a 5 day embryo, we chose the latter. Each process was clearly explained and we made the decision based on our preferred timeline. Felt 100% confident and very well educated
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
They were the perfect compliment to Dr. Dicken's expertise. Warm, caring, quite proficient... we left feeling like family and always knew we were working with intelligent professionals too.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Don't have any negative comments. Love that the practice has an office manager who researched our insurance coverage, then met with us to review costs ahead of time... this is a HUGE benefit. Scheduling was easy and appointments on time. We've had some invoice needs after our care, and appreciate how quickly we get responses and information via phone or email.
I don't recall exactly because we have insurance and were near our policy out of pocket max. Do remember thinking costs were very reasonable, inline with other practices researched, but with better care.
2015 - 2016, Unknown Success
Dr. Dicken was thorough and effective in identifying some problems I had with tubal blockage and low egg reserve....Dr. Dicken had the patience to answer my MILLION questions and gave me honest reassurance when I felt overwhelmed and afraid...She took me step by step through the process of IUI then IVF until I had my baby...The first IVF I think was rushed because she was trying to get it done before she herself left to have a baby. But the second round went perfectly. Dr. Dicken was patient with my constant questions and responded to a million emails.
The nursing staff [at Sher Fertility of NY] was very personal and compassionate. Also, they were very well informed and reassuring... I wish the hours went into the evening. Juggling work and treatment was very difficult. Also, I wish the financing staff were more readily available...Much of my treatment was covered by insurance but about a quarter of it was by me. Medications (and there were lots) was mostly covered, but I'm sure I spent a few thousand dollars on medication and treatment. Also, I have paid for egg freezing.
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Dr. Dicken was thorough and effective in identifying some problems I had with tubal blockage and low egg reserve. She also tested my husband's doer for amount and quality which were fine. She took me step by step through the process of IUI then IVF until I had my baby. I had a hysterioscopy first to clear my tubes. Then I started hormones and had to undergo three IUI. Dr. Dicken explained that IVF was more effective but I needed IUI's done before my insurance would cover IVF. She was correct. The second IVF resulted in a pregnancy. That IVF I didn't even need injections, just medications. The first IVF I think was rushed because she was trying to get it done before she herself left to have a baby. But the second round went perfectly. Dr. Dicken was patient with my constant questions and responded to a million emails.
Have your health records ready to go, like genetic and medical history.
I had a low egg reserve so a lot of my treatment was smoking up the eggs I had. She measured my hormone levels and gave me hormones in response.
The nursing staff was very personal and compassionate. Also, they were very well informed and reassuring.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
The clothes mix was well run. I wish the hours went into the evening. Juggling work and treatment was very difficult. Also, I wish the financing staff were more readily available.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

Dr. Dicken is qualified and professional. I am very happy that I was able to deliver a healthy child with her intervention. She was flexible about trying both IUI with my own eggs and transfer of donated embryos, as well as with different levels of medication with each IUI...Dr. Dicken is professional and friendly. I appreciate that she is available by email...
Consider the team and not just the MD. All staff members impact your care...I had to ask for instructions [at Sher Fertility] when I started injecting my medication; instruction was not offered. The nurse was rushed and the encounter was not helpful. The clinic's practice was to provide a link to a YouTube video, which did not exactly mirror my own situation. I had to rely on verbal advice from a nurse friend, by phone.
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Consider the team and not just the MD. All staff members impact your care.
Three IUIs, each with increasing levels of ovulation monitoring and ovulation-producing medication. Then two transfers of privately donated embryos, under anesthesia.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Yes, but don't remember)
I had to ask for instructions when I started injecting my medication; instruction was not offered. The nurse was rushed and the encounter was not helpful. The clinic's practice was to provide a link to a YouTube video, which did not exactly mirror my own situation. I had to rely on verbal advice from a nurse friend, by phone.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
The clinic is pleasant and clean. I occasionally had a hard time being buzzed in first thing in the morning. The staff was solicitous, but throughout my long treatment process, problems arose. I was given conflicting or incorrect advice about obtaining medical records, when to fast vs. not fast before a procedure, when to have an empty vs. full bladder before a procedure, whether to take certain medications while fasting.
I do not remember. They were comparable to other facilities in the area, but a bit lower.
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Please see previous narrative.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York
Dr. Dicken was very professional, accomodating and understanding. She is easy to reach and answers emails promptly. All appointments were right on schedule, never felt rushed and all questions were answered. Was pleased to know that patients' requests and considerations regarding treatment plan were taken into account and changes were made as needed during treatment plan. Good to know that patient's opinion also means something during this difficult journey.
All staff [at Sher - Manh] was easy to reach, professional, all issues were resolved on the same day. For example medication prescription issues...Keep track of what you do. If you send fax then call and confirm your fax was recieved, stay on top of things, ask questions, double check things if needed...Personalized care, short wait time, individual approach. Same doctors, same nurses, small practice, feels like home, not like factory....Good to know that patient's opinion also means something during this difficult journey.
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
General advice for all patients undergoing fertility treatments - read, read and read. Be prepared when you go on interview so you can have a conversation. Be your own advocate, know your own history, do research on all procedures. This knowledge will not only allow you to get the best results but will also save you a lot of money.
Antagonist protocol, 3 day transfer, all to freeze.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
All staff was easy to reach, professional, all issues were resolved on the same day. For example medication prescription issues.
Mostly paid by insurance, 25 % copayment
Dr. Dicken did have a preference to transfer the least number of embryos.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York
Cary was very candid and paid extreme attention to detail. I connected with her from the very first day. She took her time to review all my test results and explained clearly the best course of treatment. She insisted that I see other specialist in relation to other health issues I had and intact communicated with those specialist...She was very firm and I'm now grateful for it....Cary L Dicken was very thorough and gave me her time absolutely.
A very organised and we'll put together clinic [Sher - Manh]. Pay extreme attention to detail. Communication is key to them. I. Got a call reminding me of all appointments and what's expected of me. I didn't feel alone at any point...She [nurse] communicated clearly my treatment regimen. She also helped with procurement of my medication...Clinic and medication cost about 20000 dollars...the blastocyte was transferred on day 5
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Cary was very candid and paid extreme attention to detail. I connected with her from the very first day. She took her time to review all my test results and explained clearly the best course of treatment. She insisted that I see other specialist in relation to other health issues I had and intact communicated with those specialist. She made sure :that health wise, I was ready to Cary a pregnancy
Listen to Cary and trust her
Cary L Dicken was very thorough and gave me her time absolutely. She was very candid and ensured I was in best of health before starting the fertility treatment. It was obvious she was not: desperate to collect my money and commence treatment until she was sure that my body was ready to carry a pregnancy. She was very firm and I'm now grateful for it.
Can't remember the details but I know the blastocyte was transferred on day 5
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
She communicated clearly my treatment regimen. She also helped with procurement of my medication
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
A very organised and we'll put together clinic. Pay extreme attention to detail. Communication is key to them. I. Got a call reminding me of all appointments and what's expected of me. I didn't feel alone at any point
Clinic and medication cost about 20000 dollars
Cary Dicken advised me to transfer a single embryo because of my history. I lost an 18 weeks twin pregnancy the previous year and suggested it was better not to risk a multiple pregnancy
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

Dr. Dicken is incredibly kind, compassionate and a good listener. She did not sugarcoat bad news but was very sensitive to the stress we were under and always gave me time to make decisions and listened to my concerns and questions. She always responded to my emails...She is excellent in explaining options based on her assessment of your situation. She was realistic but hopeful. She said to me, "if you were my sister, I would tell you not to give up on your own eggs." and it almost made me cry because it felt so good to hear...
The nursing staff [at Sher - Manh] overall was wonderful, very supportive and kind, sometimes you had to follow-up with them to be sure that they got your meds orders in but they were very flexible and even allowed me to come into the office to get the sample meds for free once when I didn't have any left...Sher is a boutique clinic, you see your doctor when you go. They are very personalized. the only issue is with their billing, which is very disorganized...
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Come in with all of your questions because she will make an effort to respond to them.
The nursing staff overall was wonderful, very supportive and kind, sometimes you had to follow-up with them to be sure that they got your meds orders in but they were very flexible and even allowed me to come into the office to get the sample meds for free once when I didn't have any left.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
They are covered for the most part by insurance.
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Mostly with the billing department, which is managed out of their vegas offices.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York
It was a personal experience. Dr. Dicken was quick to communicate via email and always explained her decisions - even ones I wasn't happy with. She was open to my suggestions and really made it a team effort...Estrogen priming with high dose Antagonist. I also did intralipid therapy and immune therapy that seemed to help tremendously.
It [Sher Fertility of New York] is a smaller clinic for NYC but felt very personable. I was able to feel comfortable and see my doctor for every monitoring appointment. that was a real plus....She was very helpful at explaining things and putting us at ease. The difference in results was day and night - and that had to do with her having a great bedside manner and listening to my worries and reservations.
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
To ask questions because they will be answered. It was a partnership.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: jackie)
they were all quick to email and very good at being supportive and nice.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
It is a smaller clinic for NYC but felt very personable. I was able to feel comfortable and see my doctor for every monitoring appointment. that was a real plus.
i was completely self pay. I did a two cycle package

2015, Successful
She [Dr. Dicken] is easy to talk to and cares about her patients. She thoroughly answers all questions her patients have and makes herself available by email which was a real blessing. I felt comfortable asking her questions that may have otherwise been uncomfortable to ask should I have had a different doctor (about bleeding I was having etc). I attribute this to her warm, easy-going personality...
There are several doctors in the group [at Sher - Manh] and they communicate with each other to get advice about their patients. I really like that. It was great to know that my doctor was getting input from more than one physician about my situation and how to best help me...The staff at Sher NYC is okay. They can do a better job of providing thorough and complete information to patients since they are the ones who make phone calls to patients and regularly provide them with information about next steps during treatment...
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Dr. Dicken is a knowledgeable doctor with excellent bedside manner. She is easy to talk to and cares about her patients. She thoroughly answers all questions her patients have and makes herself available by email which was a real blessing. I felt comfortable asking her questions that may have otherwise been uncomfortable to ask should I have had a different doctor (about bleeding I was having etc). I attribute this to her warm, easy-going personality. I went through 2 IVF cycles with Dr. Dicken and the 2nd cycle resulted in my husband and I having two beautiful twin boys! We couldn't be happier with our experience and highly recommend Dr. Dicken to anyone considering IVF treatment.
Don't be afraid to reach out and ask her about concerns you have (I even sent her a picture of a bloody pad)!
Dr. Dicken is warm and personable. She is very responsive to email and genuinely cares about her patients and their results. I felt comfortable asking her any questions I had and she was always patient and thoughtful when answering. I never felt rushed out of her office and felt well taken care of by her.
My 2nd IVF cycle we used a treatment where we quieted down the endometriosis I had. I was given 1 shot every month for 3 months so that my eggs could grow without the endo interfering with their growth. I think this was a key factor in my ability to get pregnant in my 2nd IVF cycle.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
There are several doctors in the group and they communicate with each other to get advice about their patients. I really like that. It was great to know that my doctor was getting input from more than one physician about my situation and how to best help me.
My treatment was largely covered by my insurance. I think that the overall cost of care was somewhere in the $4,000 to $7,000 dollar range per IVF cycle.

2015, Unsuccessful
9 Embryo Freezing With Other Docs
I was not notified when on Day 5, 6 or 7 to see how many embryos had made it to freeze. When I called [Sher-Manh], I was dismissed and told it was too late in the day and everyone was gone. When Dr. Dicken finally reached out it was with a 2 sentence email - "you're embryos didn't make it. please contact the office to schedule your next cycle". It was heartbreaking to read and I couldn't believe anyone could think after $20,000+, the emotional and physical journey I'd been on, etc... that this kind of communication is acceptable to a vulnerable patient.
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
My Dr had left the practice rather suddenly and I appreciated Dr Dicken taking over my care. We discussed treatment and she said she treated similarly to the Dr I had been seeing. I don't know that she could have done anything better medically, although perhaps if she had seen me as more of her patient and not someone who was out of state and just coming for retrieval - My issue with Dr Dicken was her bedside manner. She was unapproachable, unavailable and very cold. On the few occassions we did see her, she kept us waiting for hours, acted very nonchalantly, and didn't seem invested in me as her patient. On Day 5, no one called me with results, and when I called, I was told it was too late in the day to get news. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Anyone who has undergone IVF and is waiting for day 5 to learn about their embryos knows no call is unacceptable. That evening I received an email from Dr Dicken stating my embryos didn't survive. It was two sentences - with zero kindness or compassion. It was an awful way to learn the outcome. I refused to see Dr Dicken again.
Don't expect kindness or compassion.
I was an out of state patient and it was difficult to ask questions and receive answers. When we did travel to NY, Dr Dicken kept us waiting for hours and was very cold, unreceptive to questions. I felt like patient 1234 versus having the individualized care I've received with other doctors.
overworked. as an out of state patient it was difficult to communicate.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I had seen a different Dr at this clinic and was very satisfied. It's an older office which looks antiquated compared to some other clinics. Know as an out of state patient you might not get the same emotional care as other patients -
monitored out of state
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
I was not notified when on Day 5, 6 or 7 to see how many embryos had made it to freeze. When I called, I was dismissed and told it was too late in the day and everyone was gone. When Dr. Dicken finally reached out it was with a 2 sentence email - "you're embryos didn't make it. please contact the office to schedule your next cycle". It was heartbreaking to read and I couldn't believe anyone could think after $20,000+, the emotional and physical journey I'd been on, etc... that this kind of communication is acceptable to a vulnerable patient.

2015, Successful
Dr. Dicken was the third doctor I met with and for whatever reason I knew she would be the doctor that would finally make us parents. I have a sexual assault history and I felt comfortable disclosing this information to her. Before we completed the egg retrieval my anxiety was sky high because I was going to be unconscious-this made me feel extremely vonerable. After discussing my history and anxiety, Dr. Dicken listened with an open mind and reassured me. After that I was mentally ready to finally move forward with IVF.
Most of the nurses [at Sher Fertility of New York] were caring, but Jackie went above and beyond. When we found out we had a chemical pregnancy, Jackie gave me the warmest, comferting hug. She gave us hope that the process would work.... I had a tricky schedule and the clinic was able to work around my availability.... My only issue with the clinic is scheduling appointments. They will not schedule out appointmeant too far in advance for minetering.
Trust the process
She always listened to our questions and concerns. Even thought she was the doctor, she valued our opinion during our treatment.
For UIU, we switched from clomid to letrozole because it was better for my lining. The first round of IVF we used birth control but after we canceled that round we left our birth control because I was a slow responder.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Jackie P)
Most of the nurses were caring, but Jackie went above and beyond. When we found out we had a chemical pregnancy, Jackie gave me the warmest, comferting hug. She gave us hope that the process would work.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I had a tricky schedule and the clinic was able to work around my availability.
UIU's at the time, out of pocket cost roughly $650, since then the entire IUI procedure now costs around $950 a cycle.
We transferred both eggs because of my low numbers and age.

Unknown Success
Dr Dicken emails with me personally, takes my ideas seriously, and based my treatment on what was going on with my body, not just standard clinic protocol. I felt like she is really invested in coming up with something that will work for me...The experience has felt much more respectful and caring. She listens, explains things patiently, and tries to be prepared for all roadblocks...I have endometriosis and my first IVF cycle the clinic would only do a 5 day blastocyst transfer and none of my embryos made it to 5 days. She thinks endo can make it harder for them to last til 5 in the lab so wanted to try a day 3 freeze.
all the staff are kind and friendly. It's a small clinic [Sher] and I didn't feel like a number in a factory. It's in busy Midtown Manhattan so don't try to drive and park...Jacqueline and Marian responded really promptly when I had questions or needed coordination with my old clinic who was still doing most of the monitoring. It was night and day between communication response times with Sher and my former clinic. Jacqueline made me feel really good when I showed up in NY, chatting and laughing with me.
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Honestly, even if this doesn't work, I'm glad we tried our 2nd IVF with Dr. Dicken instead of staying at our old clinic. The experience has felt much more respectful and caring. She listens, explains things patiently, and tries to be prepared for all roadblocks.
Have all your tests and documentation ready for her to review. Tell her your concerns.
I have endometriosis and my first IVF cycle the clinic would only do a 5 day blastocyst transfer and none of my embryos made it to 5 days. She thinks endo can make it harder for them to last til 5 in the lab so wanted to try a day 3 freeze. My first IVF I also had a split cohort of eggs growing at different rates. Because of this, she chose not to start me on BCP, but instead a week of estrogen priming, then 225 gonal f and 75 mg menopur. She also let me try Human Growth Hormone for 5 days, which my former clinic refused to do. Ganirelix the last few days. My eggs all grew at the same rate this time, meaning we could retrieve almost all.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Jacqueline Piccardo and Marian Gerges)
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Dr. Dicken is on the 6th floor which is decorated really nicely and feels good to be in. The 3rd floor where I had to go a couple times for monitoring, isn't as nice. But all the staff are kind and friendly. It's a small clinic and I didn't feel like a number in a factory. It's in busy Midtown Manhattan so don't try to drive and park.
My insurance covered it, so I had the percentage that they don't pay for, plus $400 for HGH which they don't cover, plus travel and lodging for the 5 days I had to be in NY for monitoring before egg retrieval. As well as cost for donor sperm and embryo freezing.
They will transfer 3 for my age group.