Medical SchoolIcahn School of Med
Springfield
955 S. Springfield Avenue
Springfield, NJ 07081
973-258-4081
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Catha Fischer to a friend?

4.5

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend RMA of New Jersey to a friend?
Dr. Fischer was extremely kind, answered all my questions, scheduled extra phone calls when I wanted to, and was also extremely positive even when we received what I thought was discouraging news. She pointed out reasons for hope and optimism and was encouraging the whole way.... We did the strongest protocol ("maxed out") due to my low AFC and AMH, which meant that I took hcg with Follistim 450. Then I took cetrotide for the trigger shot.
The clinic [RMA of New Jersey] was well organized and clearly thought of the patient when designing the space. The wait room was huge, so even though there was always a lot of people there, you really didn't feel like cattle (as I've heard other clinics feel like) and it's comfortable with reasonable wait times. Everyone was really nice.... My nurse was nice. The only problem was, she had a variable schedule and I was often having to be in contact with other nurses in order to figure things out. So there was a little confusion on who to contact when, but overall it was fine.
How was your experience with Catha Fischer at RMA of New Jersey?
I really liked Dr. Fischer as my doctor. She was warm, patient, reassuring, and supportive. The only question I had was whether her lack of experience was going to impact anything (she only recently started practicing). But in terms of bedside manner, she was wonderful.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Catha Fischer at RMA of New Jersey?
Don't be afraid to ask questions and make sure you understand the process and what to expect. Dr. Fischer is more than happy to answer all of your questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Catha Fischer at RMA of New Jersey?
Describe the protocols Catha Fischer used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Jandee)
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
The clinic was well organized and clearly thought of the patient when designing the space. The wait room was huge, so even though there was always a lot of people there, you really didn't feel like cattle (as I've heard other clinics feel like) and it's comfortable with reasonable wait times. Everyone was really nice.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New Jersey.
The monitoring visits were quick and easy. For the most part, it did not feel like a "cattle call." The wait room is big, so it doesn't feel crowded, and they kept it moving.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Catha Fischer at RMA of New Jersey.
For embryo freezing, it was about $18,000 including ICSI and CCS. Then I paid another $4,000 for meds, but that turned out to be covered by insurance.
What specific things went wrong at RMA of New Jersey?
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Catha Fischer at RMA of New Jersey.

Dr. Fischer put me on Gonal F and other injection medications for my egg retrieval...after my egg retrieval I did a genetic screen test on all my embryos, she then froze the rest of the good ones and during my transfer she transferred only one healthy embryo and I am now pregnant!...is a sweetheart, always so kind and positive. I never felt a negative vibe from her...was always speaking to me as if my IVF was going to work, she would always re-assure me that everything will be ok, she said in the end, I will have a beautiful family and she was right!
I also chose to do genetic embryo testing [at RMA of New Jersey] which was not covered by insurance and I paid $5,000.00 out of pocket for that...Everyone at the clinic is amazing. The receptionist girls are great, very friendly, always remember you by your first name. Early monitoring employees are also so nice. You begin to establish a friendly relationship with everyone which is nice. I can't comment on any weaknesses of the clinic. Sometimes the monitoring are quick sometimes it takes longer. The clinic gets very busy especially in the morning.
How was your experience with Catha Fischer at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Catha Fischer was always speaking to me as if my IVF was going to work, she would always re-assure me that everything will be ok, she said in the end, I will have a beautiful family and she was right!
Trust her. She is very smart and knows what she is doing. When she tells you "it'll be ok" believe me, it will.
Dr. Catha Fischer is a sweetheart, always so kind and positive. I never felt a negative vibe from her.
Dr. Fischer put me on Gonal F and other injection medications for my egg retrieval I cannot recall them all, after my egg retrieval I did a genetic screen test on all my embryos, she then froze the rest of the good ones and during my transfer she transferred only one healthy embryo and I am now pregnant!
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Sarah Robinson)
Sarah is amazing. She always called me so fast with my results and never minded that I e-mailed her with a bunch of questions that I had. She always answered all my e-mails and questions. She is so GOOD!
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
I had very good health insurance and my entire IVF cycle was 100% covered, the only thing I paid for were my co-pays for medications which in total I paid approximately $200.00. I also chose to do genetic embryo testing which was not covered by insurance and I paid $5,000.00 out of pocket for that.
Describe Catha Fischer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
If the doctor says single embryo transfer is what's best, I would follow her protocol.
Englewood
+ Read more- Read less
She [Dr. Catha Fischer] called me when things got rough but not before then... takes her time and is thorough. There were some times I did not feel we were talking about the same thing but that was fixed. Everything felt very methodical and I sometimes wished it was more personal along the way...There was no further testing of my husband's sperm or efforts to correct the morphology. We ended up with only one normal embryo to use. They did ICSI and PGS testing. Transferred one embryo during a medicated cycle my lining was over 16.
There was a clinical documentation error [at RMA of New Jersey] that delayed our cycle starting and caused undue stress...It is a machine. Everything is done the same for every person and it's not until something goes awry that a protocol is changed or re examined. Advocate for yourself and make sure all items are checked off the list before proceeding with expensive procedures...The nursing staff does a good job of not instilling hope where there is none.
How was your experience with Catha Fischer at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr Fischer takes her time and is thorough. There were some times I did not feel we were talking about the same thing but that was fixed. Everything felt very methodical and I sometimes wished it was more personal along the way
She called me when things got rough but not before then.
Gonal F with ganirelix for egg retrieval. There was no further testing of my husband's sperm or efforts to correct the morphology. We ended up with only one normal embryo to use. They did ICSI and PGS testing. Transferred one embryo during a medicated cycle my lining was over 16.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Emeley Racano)
The nursing staff does a good job of not instilling hope where there is none.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
We have a lifetime max on our insurance. After one cycle, it is exhausted.
What specific things went wrong at RMA of New Jersey?

IUI, IVF
Dr. Fischer is one of the most brilliant and compassionate doctors I have ever worked with. She has a completely intuitive understanding of reproductive hormones and is incredibly motivated to achieve good outcomes for her patients, in line with their goals. She always knew every detail of my past and present cycles and never failed to offer new ideas and approaches when we faced disappointing results. She has the perfect disposition of cautious optimism that is very well-suited to an REI specialist.
Maryellen [nurse] was an incredible asset to our care at RMANJ. She is extremely knowledgable and compassionate and always did everything she could to help facilitate our care without delays, barriers, or inconveniences. She has been truly wonderful to work with...I have found RMANJ to be extremely organized and efficient. Wait times for appointments are very reasonable and the care from all personnel has been outstanding. I would strongly recommend care here to anyone dealing with infertility.
IUI, IVF
How was your experience with Catha Fischer at RMA of New Jersey?
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Maryellen)
Maryellen was an incredible asset to our care at RMANJ. She is extremely knowledgable and compassionate and always did everything she could to help facilitate our care without delays, barriers, or inconveniences. She has been truly wonderful to work with.

1 Egg Freezing, IVF
Dr.Fischer personally called me with results on numerous occasions. She was always available if I had any questions...will hold a special place in my heart. After two miscarriages before getting treatment I am pregnant thanks to Dr.Fischer. I had one retrieval with only one surviving PGS normal embryo that was transferred. I am very thankfully for Dr.Fischer...You do see other doctors for your morning monitoring. I had a great experience and met some great doctors.
You do see other doctors for your morning monitoring [at RMA of New Jersey]. I had a great experience and met some great doctors. I found everyone very helpful and followed up on any questions I may of had. Even the finance dept outlined everything out for me. I had a great experience at RMANJ. I would recommended them to anyone...Jandra [nurse] answered all questions I had (I had a lot) immediately and always returned my calls or answered my emails even after hours and on weekends.
1 Egg Freezing, IVF
How was your experience with Catha Fischer at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr.Fischer will hold a special place in my heart. After two miscarriages before getting treatment I am pregnant thanks to Dr.Fischer. I had one retrieval with only one surviving PGS normal embryo that was transferred. I am very thankfully for Dr.Fischer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Jandra)
Jandra answered all questions I had (I had a lot) immediately and always returned my calls or answered my emails even after hours and on weekends.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
You do see other doctors for your morning monitoring. I had a great experience and met some great doctors. I found everyone very helpful and followed up on any questions I may of had. Even the finance dept outlined everything out for me. I had a great experience at RMANJ. I would recommended them to anyone.
single embryo transfer

2018 - 2020
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
For my second egg stimulation, Dr. Fischer changed the dose of Follistim which resulted in a significant higher number of eggs and consequently more fertilized eggs. For my second egg transfer, Dr. Fischer decided to do a synthetic cycle, opposed to a natural cycle, where she could control my ovulation period and resulted in my current pregnancy...I felt like I was the only patient she was treating, even though I new I was not. It felt like we developed a friendship during the treatment because of her incredible bedside manner. Dr. Fischer is kind, acknowledged and explain the process over and over again if needed. She was always calling and checking on us to see if we were okay. Dr. Fischer is by far the most caring doctor I've ever had.
She [nurse at RMA of New Jersey] was always only a phone call away. Maryellen is experienced, caring and practical...Morning monitoring was always very efficient. At RMA the monitoring hours were between 6am-7:30am, but if something had to be changed they would accommodate something for me...My only complain is that you can't call the front desk directly. RMA has a call system that transfers you to whom you need to speak with. During the weekend, if you need to speak with a nurse, you have to call the call center, try to explain your concerns to a non medical person, leave a message and the nurse would call you back. It
2018 - 2020
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
How was your experience with Catha Fischer at RMA of New Jersey?
From our first visit, Dr. Fischer was very supportive and caring. She listened to all our issues and concerns and answered every single question we had. Dr. Fischer then proposed a treatment route and made sure we understood and were on board with it. We always felt that she had our best interest in mind, knowing that this is a very expensive treatment and she always offered the best alternative to us. She understands the stress and rollercoaster of emotions of going under fertility treatments. Though, to me the process was definitely easier just knowing that Dr. Fisher was there for us. Dr. Fischer also explained the risks of each decision and cautioned us about all the outcomes. We went to her office a few times before starting the treatment and she was always very patient and caring towards us, she would always call back when we needed to ask some specific questions. We were under her care for about two years, and I’m finally 14 weeks pregnant through IVF. We certainly wouldn’t be able to go through all the process if it wasn’t for Dr. Fisher personalized care and expertise. We still have one embryo left at the clinic and I couldn’t imagine going through all the process again without Dr. Fisher.
Don't be afraid of asking any questions you have regarding the treatment and all the little details, no matter how simplistic you might think your questions are. Dr. Fisher is there to help you.
Under the care of Dr. Fischer, I felt like I was the only patient she was treating, even though I new I was not. It felt like we developed a friendship during the treatment because of her incredible bedside manner. Dr. Fischer is kind, acknowledged and explain the process over and over again if needed. She was always calling and checking on us to see if we were okay. Dr. Fischer is by far the most caring doctor I've ever had.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Maryellen Matthews, RN)
Maryellen Matthews was the best! She was always only a phone call away. Maryellen is experienced, caring and practical. She was always clear with the doctor's instructions and aways helped me with the medications, for instance, where to buy the medication with different pharmacies to get a better price, and she also instructed me how to take the meds and when to take them. She would answer the same questions a thousand times if I needed without hesitation.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
RMA in Basking Ridge is amazing, it felt like home during my two years of treatment there. The front desk were always very helpful and kind, the nurses where very skillful and caring, the exam rooms were always clean, very equipped and the ultrasound machines were all new. RMA Basking ridge has an incredible infrastructure and that gave us peace of mind giving us confidence during the procedures. RMA Basking Ridge has a great system when you go for the morning monitoring, which can get very busy. There's always a nurse in the clinic if you need as well. My only complain is that you can't call the front desk directly. RMA has a call system that transfers you to whom you need to speak with. During the weekend, if you need to speak with a nurse, you have to call the call center, try to explain your concerns to a non medical person, leave a message and the nurse would call you back. It is all very efficient, and I understand that in order to control volume they have to have a centralized system. But I wish I could also had the option to talk to the front desk especially if I had dealt with someone there with a specific issue. I also had some issues with the financial department. In the beginning we were never completely sure how much certain procedures would cost us, it wasn't as clear to us. I removed myself completely from the financial issues because I couldn't deal with my financial coordinator, I passed that ball to my husband who has a better understanding of insurance since he works with insurance.
Morning monitoring was always very efficient. At RMA the monitoring hours were between 6am-7:30am, but if something had to be changed they would accommodate something for me. At times, morning monitoring could get very busy, but I never had to wait more than 15 minutes to be seen.
Fertility treatment is not cheap, but we were confident we were under the best care we could get and that justified all the cost. We had two IUI and two IVF round, that all cost us around $65,000.00 including medication.
Dr. Fischer had my health as a priority, she was not concerned about numbers. She decided to transfer one embryo to avoid preterm labor and other complications and I think that was the best call.

2019 - 2020
She [Dr. Catha Fischer] will give you hope but is also realistic about the chances of success for each individual and their specific situation. She is very receptive to any questions and concerns...One FET using progesterone injections and the second (successful) natural cycle with progesterone suppositories...was so kind and knowledgeable about the entire process. She encouraged me and gave me hope that this would work for me and helped me feel that I was not “broken”...was personable and friendly. She explained everything clearly and was willing to answer and clarify any and all questions. During cycles, Dr. Fischer checked in on how I was doing and feeling and always made herself available to speak to me personally if I was concerned. She helped me stay positive with her positive energy and determination to make this work. She is truly amazing and would not hesitate to recommend her to someone seeking fertility options!
My nurse [at MRA of New Jersey] called daily with results and protocols. She was knowledgeable about procedures and protocol, however did not instill much hope in the process as I went through. She did not coddle or come off warm and understanding which was difficult for me, especially when I was losing hope...I wished I could have more contact with my direct doctor but I understand that can be difficult and she was available when I requested to speak with her or I happened to come on a day she worked monitoring hours.
2019 - 2020
How was your experience with Catha Fischer at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Fischer was personable and friendly. She explained everything clearly and was willing to answer and clarify any and all questions. During cycles, Dr. Fischer checked in on how I was doing and feeling and always made herself available to speak to me personally if I was concerned. She helped me stay positive with her positive energy and determination to make this work. She is truly amazing and would not hesitate to recommend her to someone seeking fertility options!
She will give you hope but is also realistic about the chances of success for each individual and their specific situation. She is very receptive to any questions and concerns.
Dr. Fischer was so kind and knowledgeable about the entire process. She encouraged me and gave me hope that this would work for me and helped me feel that I was not “broken”.
Procedures included daily injections, oral medications as needed, and additional medications for specific timeframes. Gonal-F and ovidrel for IUI’s, Gonal-F and 2 additional medications for retrieval preparation. One FET using progesterone injections and the second (successful) natural cycle with progesterone suppositories.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Rhonda Minot)
My nurse called daily with results and protocols. She was knowledgeable about procedures and protocol, however did not instill much hope in the process as I went through. She did not coddle or come off warm and understanding which was difficult for me, especially when I was losing hope. I felt as though when I asked questions or called back I was being annoying even though she said I wasn’t. I felt anxious when I had questions for the type of response or tone I would receive and eventually avoided answering calls so I could just hear my protocols on voicemail and speak to Dr. Fischer instead who was extremely positive and encouraging throughout this difficult process.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
RMA seems to have lots of success and a good understanding of infertility and treatment options. I was happy with the process (as much as one can be going through infertility). I wished I could have more contact with my direct doctor but I understand that can be difficult and she was available when I requested to speak with her or I happened to come on a day she worked monitoring hours.
+ Read more- Read less
Dr. Fischer's standard is single embryo transfer unless certain circumstances are better suited to multiple...never pushed us towards a treatment and constantly reminded us that it was our decision to make. She provided all possible scenarios, treatment options, and gave her best advice and medical opinion each step of the way...If there were hesitations to make a decision, Dr. Fischer called us to talk everything through until we felt confident in the next steps. I liked that she didn't put my body through more than necessary with her medication plan and transfer.
We loved our experience at RMA in Basking Ridge! the whole staff was knowledgeable, organized, and runs like a well oiled machine. I never waited more than 30 minutes during morning monitoring. Finance was great with handling all claims and having us understand our benefits prior to treatments...Efficient, well-oiled machine. I didn't feel like it was a cattle call...The earlier you got there the better and sometimes I was in and out in 20 minutes for BW & US.
How was your experience with Catha Fischer at RMA of New Jersey?
My husband and I couldn't have asked for a better doctor for this journey! We always felt fully informed and that she had our best interests in mind. If there were hesitations to make a decision, Dr. Fischer called us to talk everything through until we felt confident in the next steps. I liked that she didn't put my body through more than necessary with her medication plan and transfer.
Definitely book an appointment with her! She may be a newer doctor but she's extremely knowledgeable with an array of fertility options and has great communication skills to make all parties feel comfortable and informed but any treatments performed.
Dr. Fischer never pushed us towards a treatment and constantly reminded us that it was our decision to make. She provided all possible scenarios, treatment options, and gave her best advice and medical opinion each step of the way.
Since I didn't have any hormone issues, Dr. Fischer did a moderate medicine protocol for the egg retrieval and found the perfect balance of quality and quantity. We had 13 eggs and were left with 5 embryos frozen. For the transfer, she decided not to put my body through more than necessary and went with a natural transfer. This followed my body's natural cycle. It can be frustrating when your body takes longer than expected to ovulate following a retrieval but I'm glad we did that because all I took was a trigger shot followed by progesterone suppositories. That transfer took and currently 14 weeks pregnant!
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Efficient, well-oiled machine. I didn't feel like it was a cattle call and I never waited more than 30 minutes. The earlier you got there the better and sometimes I was in and out in 20 minutes for BW & US.
Our total IVF cycle cost was about $26K plus meds and luckily I had good insurance coverage and paid $300 for meds and $3200 for the entire cycle.