Medical SchoolU. of Minnesota
ResidencyU. of Michigan
3111 Gundersen Dr.
Onalaska, WI 54650
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Catherine Ryan to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Gundersen Fertility Center to a friend?
Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
was not told I had PCOS [by Dr. Catherine Ryan] until the 6th iui failed. Each time the physician assistant would recommend a treatment course for the next iui and the time would come and Dr. Ryan would do something else that was less aggressive...Going through 7 iui’s I became more disappointed every time. Was told multiple times we would get more aggressive with the med protocol, but I feel we never became aggressive because she would say we wanna try less expensive options even though we were ok with the cost.
Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Catherine Ryan at Gundersen Fertility Center?
Going through 7 iui’s I became more disappointed every time. Was told multiple times we would get more aggressive with the med protocol, but I feel we never became aggressive because she would say we wanna try less expensive options even though we were ok with the cost. Also was not told I had PCOS until the 6th iui failed. Each time the physician assistant would recommend a treatment course for the next iui and the time would come and Dr. Ryan would do something else that was less aggressive.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Catherine Ryan at Gundersen Fertility Center?
Do your own research because if you don’t things aren’t explained well at all and you need to be your own advocate with this clinic.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Catherine Ryan at Gundersen Fertility Center?
Not much time spent explaining things. Didn’t even tell me I had PCOS until the 6th iui failed
Describe the protocols Catherine Ryan used in your cycles at Gundersen Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Started with 2.5mg of letrozole for 4 cycles with a trigger shot. After 4 failed rounds she increased it to 5mg. I still only produced one mature follicle. The 6th cycle we increased it to 7.5mg and still only had one mature follicle. The 7th cycle she added Dexamethasone which resulted in 2 follicles.
The nursing staff was amazing. I interacted with several and only had one I didn’t care for.
Describe your experience with Gundersen Fertility Center.
Their billing department is not organized. I pre pay every time and they never apply the payment to the bill so I have to call every month to get it applied. They also raised the prices of the iui itself and didn’t tell us until we were writing the check. They raised it by quite a bit which put a financial strain on us for that month.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Catherine Ryan at Gundersen Fertility Center.
Iui was $489 now they raised it to almost $600. Monitoring ultrasound was about $134
Anovulation, Unexplained
Dr. Ryan was very blunt and she stated that I wouldn't ever regain my menstrual cycles on my own which in fact I did. She never spent individual time with me, I was always rushed in and out of appointments. She also gave my fiance and I false hope. Dr. Ryan didn't really listen to my concerns and you promised that we would get pregnant within no time...She never gave me the time that I needed to talk to her about my treatments. Rushed in and out of appointments
Anovulation, Unexplained
How was your experience with Catherine Ryan at Gundersen Fertility Center?
Try to remain positive through these tough times but don't get your hopes up. Wait until you see the positive pregnancy test.
Menopur 75units daily, monitoring ultrasounds. Pregnyl trigger and iui with progesterone suppositories for the first two cycles. Third cycle add follistim to help grow follicles. So, cycle 3and 4menopur plus follistim, monitored ultrasound, pregnyl and iui and progesterone suppositories. Took time off.. Regained cycles on my own. Started letrozole 5mg per day on days 3-7.. Menopur 2 (leftovers) Pregnyl and TI - only two follicles, progesterone suppositories. 6 cycle letrozole 5mg 3-7, pregnyl, TI progesterone.. Only one follicle. 7 cycle letrozole 7.5mg, lining think, natural ovulation..
The nursing staff in particular diane was very nice and compassionate. She listened to my questions and concerns. Ruth wasn't as compassionate but she was still nice.
Describe your experience with Gundersen Fertility Center.
The clinic is close to my house which is nice. The staff is friendly and knowledge but I feel as if I'm just a number and they want my money.
Menopur injections were over 1,200 each cycle (4). Follistim 500 for each cycle (2). Pregnyl for each cycle 139.50(7). Letrozole 12$ first two, 20 for the last. Progesterone 88-100 each cycle. In addition to these out of pocket expenses doctor bills range well over 7,000
What specific things went wrong at Gundersen Fertility Center?
Onalaska
Dr. Ryan is incredibly knowledgeable. She took a great deal of time sitting with me and explaining treatment options and a plan. She listened to my concerns and was very helpful in answering my questions.... Dr. Ryan is very personable. She explains things in a very easy to understand way.... My first treatment included 2,000 mg of Metformin. If this doesn’t work, she will prescribe letrozole depending on my next progesterone test.
How was your experience with Catherine Ryan at Gundersen Fertility Center?
Be open about your concerns. The more she knows, the better she can help you.
My first treatment included 2,000 mg of Metformin. If this doesn’t work, she will prescribe letrozole depending on my next progesterone test. I may also have surgery for endometriosis in the next few months.
The whole nursing staff is wonderful. They are incredibly easy to talk to. They are great at answering my questions.
Describe your experience with Gundersen Fertility Center.
Very good overall. Only complaint is that at my last appointment, I had to wait 20 minuets past my scheduled appointment time. The ladies at the front desk can be very chatty and loud when I’m not sure it is always appropriate.
Testing was expensive, but I was thankful my insurance covered a lot of it.
2006 - 2018
she [Dr. Ryan] is amazing always supportive in good/bad situations... She did our IUI back in June 2016 and that turned into a wonderful pregnancy and then we got pregnant in feb 2017 and ended in a miscarriage but for both she was supportive in every which way when we had our miscarriage she sent us a baby ring to remember our angel... ask as many questions as you need to she will take the time to answer every single one
2006 - 2018
How was your experience with Catherine Ryan at Gundersen Fertility Center?
she is amazing always supportive in good/bad situations... She did our IUI back in June 2016 and that turned into a wonderful pregnancy and then we got pregnant in feb 2017 and ended in a miscarriage but for both she was supportive in every which way when we had our miscarriage she sent us a baby ring to remember our angel
She was always friendly
unfortunately with all of the IUI's that we ended up doing I don't remember the protocols
Describe your experience with your nurse at Gundersen Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Nikki and Katherine)
they were vary thoughtful and called me every so often to check and see how I was doing
Describe your experience with Gundersen Fertility Center.
Gundersen does not do IVF at the moment but they still do IUI's. If you know you need IVF then you'll need to look elsewhere but overall this clinic and fertility staff is amazing and would recommend anyone going there
if starting a family was not so expensive I know raising kids are not cheap by all means but getting pregnant should not cost thousands of dollars
Describe Catherine Ryan's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Gundersen Fertility Center.
did not do IVF as to we could not afford it