America Institute of Reproductive Medicine – Alabama

Nurse available by emailDoctor, Nurse available by direct lineAvailable by cell phone
Medical SchoolLouisiana St
Homewood
1 INDEPENDENCE PLAZA SUITE 810,
HOMEWOOD, ALABAMA 35209
205-315-6922
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Cecil Long to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend America Institute of Reproductive Medicine – Alabama to a friend?
He [Dr. Long] first made it clear that we would go at the speed I wanted to go and whatever I didn't want to do we wouldn't. We started off with routine labwork and ultrasound. I was someone who didn't respond well to clomid so he put me on Letrazole 5 mg....Dr. Long was so compassionate when I suffered my miscarriage....Everyone in his office and himself included made me feel completely comfortable, easing my anxious mind and making me feel incredibly hopeful!
How was your experience with Cecil Long at ART Fertility Program of Alabama?
I went into my first NP meeting not knowing what to expect and being scared to death! My sister used Dr. Long for in vitro and conceived and I've had other friends use him. Everyone in his office and himself included made me feel completely comfortable, easing my anxious mind and making me feel incredibly hopeful! His office makes you feel like you're a part of one big family and they along with you want you to succeed in becoming a parent and will do everything in their power to make it happen. Although, I haven't reached my goal of carrying a child and becoming a parent, I feel extremely confident that Dr. Long and his staff will make that happen for me one day! I'm not giving up and I know they aren't giving up either! Dr. Long was so compassionate when I suffered my miscarriage. It was gut wrenching but he made me believe that it was just the beginning and I would get my miracle child and I truly believe with his help I will.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Cecil Long at ART Fertility Program of Alabama?
Don't give up! Trust in him and the work he does. Patience is key.
Describe the protocols Cecil Long used in your cycles at ART Fertility Program of Alabama and their degree of success.
He first made it clear that we would go at the speed I wanted to go and whatever I didn't want to do we wouldn't. We started off with routine labwork and ultrasound. I was someone who didn't respond well to clomid so he put me on Letrazole 5 mg. If I responded well we would continue with either our first IUI or he told us we were free to try naturally. The first time around we tried ourselves and we're unsuccessful. Next cycle, same thing Letrazole 5 mg and we did our first IUI and got pregnant. I feel like with me being older in age, he felt time was of the essence so let's do the IUI and proceed from there right off the bat. Unfortunately I miscarried at 8 weeks and my next 2 iui's were unsuccessful so I'm waiting for my next meeting with him in a couple days to come up with a new gameplan.
They made me feel so comfortable immediately! Very caring, compassionate staff that will pray with you and for you and they are such a comfort.
Describe your experience with ART Fertility Program of Alabama.
Everything there runs like a well oiled machine. From the front desk, to the lab, to the nurses and doctors. I've never had a long wait, they were prompt on calling you back which to me is important considering my patience isn't what it should be considering my circumstances. I'm always so anxious so them not keeping me waiting is nice
Describe the costs associated with your care under Cecil Long at ART Fertility Program of Alabama.
As I'm still going through the process, this is a hard question to answer. I consider myself to have really good insurance so all I've paid is my copay except for the iui's which are covered so I pay for those out of pocket.
Describe Cecil Long's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at ART Fertility Program of Alabama.
I haven't yet experienced this yet. I know when my sister was going through in vitro he would not implant more than 2 embryos at a time. After speaking to other friends who use Dr. Long, I'm under the impression he only implants 2 which is what I would want.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
Dr. Long is wonderful. Thorough, detailed, understanding, kind, compassionate... the list is lengthy...Dr. Long is the nicest doctor I've ever met. He gave me his cell phone number, has called me and text me multiple times to check on me, and has told me to call or text him anytime I have any questions or need anything. He personally did all of my ultrasounds, and has been so kind and personable and honestly just amazing!!
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
How was your experience with Cecil Long at America Institute of Reproductive Medicine – Alabama?
Dr. Long is wonderful. Thorough, detailed, understanding, kind, compassionate... the list is lengthy. He tried so many things, and was so innovative and worked so hard to help us have a baby. And is still! He is the best doctor I've ever met and I have no doubt that he is and will do everything in his power to help us have a healthy baby and pregnancy!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Cecil Long at America Institute of Reproductive Medicine – Alabama?
Go to him! Honestly that is it. He is so wonderful!!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Cecil Long at America Institute of Reproductive Medicine – Alabama?
Dr. Long is the nicest doctor I've ever met. He gave me his cell phone number, has called me and text me multiple times to check on me, and has told me to call or text him anytime I have any questions or need anything. He personally did all of my ultrasounds, and has been so kind and personable and honestly just amazing!! I would HIGHLY recommend him to anyone!
Describe your experience with your nurse at America Institute of Reproductive Medicine – Alabama. (Assigned nurse: Brittany )
From the office manager, to the receptionist and medical assistant Brittany and Brittany, the staff are all amazing!
Describe your experience with America Institute of Reproductive Medicine – Alabama.
The clinic is very small, and I think that's what I love the most about it! You feel like family. The staff all knows you by name when you walk in, and they know your family and all the details about your journey. Everyone is so kind and personable, every single one of the staff has at some point come and sat beside me and the waiting room and visited with me while waiting for the doctor. And asked me how things were going, and encourage me and prayed for me and laughed with me and cried with me. The whole Clinic as a whole is outstanding!
Describe Cecil Long's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at America Institute of Reproductive Medicine – Alabama.
America Institute of Reproductive Medicine – Alabama
Homewood
The first prescription I was prescribed [by Dr. Long] was bravelle my body didn't react to that at all, after that I did a round of Clomid, I ovulated but it just wasn't good enough. I'm now trying letrazole so we're seeing how this goes... always treated me kind, he also makes me feel comfortable around him he's very understanding...very direct and humble at the same time. I would recommend him to anyone with fertility troubles. I wish I could just pack him up and bring him home with me, he gives me so much hope
How was your experience with Cecil Long at ART Fertility Program of Alabama?
My experience with Dr long is wonderful, he makes sure I understand everything fully before I leave his office. Dr. Long is very direct and humble at the same time. I would recommend him to anyone with fertility troubles. I wish I could just pack him up and bring him home with me, he gives me so much hope
Just be patient and everything else will fall in place
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Cecil Long at ART Fertility Program of Alabama?
Dr. Long has always treated me kind, he also makes me feel comfortable around him he's very understanding and he knows exactly what he's doing
The first prescription I was prescribed was bravelle my body didn't react to that at all, after that I did a round of Clomid, I ovulated but it just wasn't good enough. I'm now trying letrazole so we're seeing how this goes.
They were understanding, compassionate and they made sure I understood everything that was happening and made sure I knew how to take my medicine right. They overall made me feel comfortable.
Describe your experience with ART Fertility Program of Alabama.
Art fertility was nice and homelike but sometimes too crowded and you have to wait all day but the staff always apologize for the wait. The nurses and doctors were very educated and you can tell they have lots of experience. Dr long has his own location now and he is well organized and his nurses are like a spark of light, I love it there and the thought that they won't stop til I get pregnant with my first child.
It would be expensive but my insurance is making it very affordable
Birmingham
Dr. Long didn't treat you like a number. Every time I met with him, he was very personal to our situation and gave us a very clear plan of where we would go next...Dr. Long did not string me along, which I appreciated very much. I did not respond to letrozole and he then changed the plan to final-f injections and iui which my body finally responded to and I got pregnant with twin girls!..Listen and trust him! He knows his stuff!
How was your experience with Cecil Long at ART Fertility Program of Alabama?
Listen and trust him! He knows his stuff!
With Dr. Long, I started with letrozole. I responded perfectly the first month taking it, but got a negative blood pregnancy test. I tried letrozole for a second month and did not respond/ovulate at all. Dr. Long amped the plan and prescribed gonal-f injections. I did the injections for 18 days, going to the doctor to check in every 3 days and upping the dose of Gonal-f after each appointment. Finally, I began responding to the injections and had several mature follicles. We decided to go ahead with trigger shot (pregnyl) at home and iui 2 days later. I found out 2 weeks later I was pregnant and a couple weeks after that we found out it was twins!
Fantastic!
Gonal-f injections were expensive. Insurance paid half, but still paid over $200 for each vial, and it took several in just one cycle for me. IUI was covered by my insurance completely!
2013 - 2017
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Other
Dr. Long made sure to spend as much time with us as we needed. He was personable, we never felt rushed, and he answered every question we had...He makes us feel like we're the only patients he sees. He is compassionate, caring, and really spoke to us more like friends than patients. He has done everything possible to accommodate us and help us on this journey...IVF, TESA, Laser Assisted hatching, ICSI,
2013 - 2017
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Other
How was your experience with Cecil Long at ART Fertility Program of Alabama?
Dr. Long has been incredible. He makes us feel like we're the only patients he sees. He is compassionate, caring, and really spoke to us more like friends than patients. He has done everything possible to accommodate us and help us on this journey.
Be prepared. Ask questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ART Fertility Program of Alabama. (Assigned nurse: Janet Robinson )
Janet was absolutely amazing! I was sad that we didn't have her during our frozen cycle. She has been the BIGGEST support on this journey. She helped coach me through medications and shots, she put my anxious mind at ease, she became more like family to us.
Describe your experience with ART Fertility Program of Alabama.
I love the IVF coordinator, Janet. She's an asset to the clinic, and I'm unsure if I would be as willing to reccomend the clinic had I had another coordinator. She really made the experience bareable. Ava takes the blood and she is incredible! Typically nurses have a difficult time finding my veins, but she works some kind of magic and ALWAYS does it with ease.
For IVF, TESA, Laser Assisted hatching, ICSI, we payed close to $13,000 per cycle. So, right at $40,000 total.
3 IUI, IVF
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Unexplained
He [Dr. Long] took our individual situation into consideration for our treatment not just what the clinic does for every couple...He has been approachable and candid on our situation. Hopeful, but not making guarantees that he can't accomplish...After a failed cycle he would readjust medicines. After several failed he decided to do a laparoscopy and hysteroscopy to see about endometriosis. After readjusting meds and trying IUIs and injectables moving on to IVF.
3 IUI, IVF
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Unexplained
How was your experience with Cecil Long at ART Fertility Program of Alabama?
As we are currently still in the process of Fertility treatment and about to start the IVF process we have been very pleased with Dr. Long. He has been approachable and candid on our situation. Hopeful, but not making guarantees that he can't accomplish.
He took our individual situation into consideration for our treatment not just what the clinic does for every couple.
These reviews are for the Montgomery Satellite clinic. They are a wonderful, amazing group that really care for their patients.
Describe your experience with ART Fertility Program of Alabama.
Phone system/voicemail system for a nurse to call you back is a little confusing and frustrating at first, but then get the hang of it.
I would say reasonable for what they are. Unfortunately insurance does not cover much.
Montgomery
2012
2 IUI, IVF
Dr. Long is one of few doctors with no arrogance to his demeanor....I am in the medical field and he entertained all of my questions and concerns....Dr Long is one of the most laid back physicians I've ever been around. You can talk to him about anything and it's like talking to an old friend. When going through something as stressful as Fertility [treatment], having a doctor that can put you at ease is everything!
2012
2 IUI, IVF
How was your experience with Cecil Long at ART Fertility Program of Alabama?
Dr. Long is one of few doctors with no arrogance to his demeanor. He is pleasant, conversational, interested to get to know you, your spouse, and you situation. He has a calming spirit and he can talk to you in a way that puts you at ease. I am in the medical field and he entertained all of my questions and concerns. I couldn't have been happier to have been referred to him. Dr Long is one of the most laid back physicians I've ever been around. You can talk to him about anything and it's like talking to an old friend. When going through something as stressful as Fertility Trx, having a doctor that can put you at ease is everything! I've recommended him to many friends and acquaintances and Everyone has felt the same I way about their experience with Dr. Long as my husband and I did. He's a scientist and will explain as much as you need him to.
Trust him and the staff. They do genuinely care about you!
Caring staff
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, PCOS
He [Dr Cecil Long] was exactly what we were looking for. He never gave up on us. He took you back to his office to discuss what happened and what the next treatment was going to be. He is a very compassionate man....Everyone there [at ART Fertility Program of Alabama] is great. No complaints here....He tried a high dose of follistim first with my body only producing 1 follicle. Then he tried follistim with menopur and still I only produced 1 follicle. He increase the dosage everything but my body just hasn't responded well to the meds. Now we have to decide if using donor eggs is right for us.
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, PCOS
How was your experience with Cecil Long at ART Fertility Program of Alabama?
He was exactly what we were looking for. He never gave up on us. He took you back to his office to discuss what happened and what the next treatment was going to be. He is a very compassionate man.
Trust him.
He is very compassionate about what he does and when I had my surgery to remove endometriosis, he made sure I was ok before going in and after coming out.
Describe your experience with ART Fertility Program of Alabama.
Everyone there is great. No complaints here.