Available by cell phone
Homewood
1 INDEPENDENCE PLAZA SUITE 810,
HOMEWOOD, AL 35209
205-315-6922
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Cecil Long to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend America Institute of Reproductive Medicine – Alabama to a friend?
2014 - 2019
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Now that he [Dr. Cecil Long] has his own private practice, each visit is very personal. He cares so much about how you are and what's happening with each cycle. He does every ultrasound himself, and answers every question you have. Even making time to talk to you if you have a question outside of the office that you forgot to ask. That's the reason he started his own practice, he was losing grasp of his patients treatments and wanted it to be more personal and not have so much go between. I feel like he has a true passion for the work he does and it really shows if you have the chance to meet him. He has never given up on me and my husband, or our dream to expand our family. For that I am very thankful.
Monitoring appointments are very personal [at America Institute of Reproductive Medicine]. The doctor is usually in with each patient to assist with the monitoring and explains everything that is going on. I feel like this is exceptional care. You won't get this a most clinics...There are 2 primary clinics. I do wish they had 1 combined clinic, each clinic is fairly easy to get to though. All the staff are very understanding, caring, and helpful. Their office manager is great at helping with anything you need, as are any of the staff members. They are always willing to answer any questions or find an answer for you.
2014 - 2019
How was your experience with Cecil Long at America Institute of Reproductive Medicine – Alabama?
Dr. Long really cares about his patients. He sees every patient personally at each visit. He has such passion for the work he does. He explains things throughly and is always there if you have any hesitations or questions. His level of care is exceptional.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Cecil Long at America Institute of Reproductive Medicine – Alabama?
Just take the chance and schedule a meeting with him. You will be surprised at how much he treats you like family instead of just another patient or dollar sign.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Cecil Long at America Institute of Reproductive Medicine – Alabama?
While he was in practice at ART in Birmingham I felt more like a number, but he always made time to call and check on me after each failed cycle. Now that he has his own private practice, each visit is very personal. He cares so much about how you are and what's happening with each cycle. He does every ultrasound himself, and answers every question you have. Even making time to talk to you if you have a question outside of the office that you forgot to ask. That's the reason he started his own practice, he was losing grasp of his patients treatments and wanted it to be more personal and not have so much go between. I feel like he has a true passion for the work he does and it really shows if you have the chance to meet him. He has never given up on me and my husband, or our dream to expand our family. For that I am very thankful.
Describe the protocols Cecil Long used in your cycles at America Institute of Reproductive Medicine – Alabama and their degree of success.
He has used letrozole, folistim, gonal f, menopur, sub q and IM injections. We have tried many different combinations. Each with different results. He has worked on finding the right combination of meds for my particular need at each cycle. I actually had a chemical pregnancy with my very first round of letrozole. Nothing the next round. Each round has faced it's own challenges. He has faced each with a new plan of action. I have had 2 corrective surgeries under his care, to remove fibroids, stage 3 endometriosis, a blocked tube, scar tissue from previous surgery (unrelated). He has taken exceptional care of me each time.
Each nurse I have ever met with has greeted me like a friend. They are always caring, encouraging, and compassionate.
Describe your experience with America Institute of Reproductive Medicine – Alabama.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at America Institute of Reproductive Medicine – Alabama.
Monitoring appointments are very personal. The doctor is usually in with each patient to assist with the monitoring and explains everything that is going on. I feel like this is exceptional care. You won't get this a most clinics.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Cecil Long at America Institute of Reproductive Medicine – Alabama.
When I first became a patient everything was out of pocket. For the most part it still is, he does have more set cost for his procedures, this has made the process more affordable for his patients.
Describe Cecil Long's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at America Institute of Reproductive Medicine – Alabama.
He approves of both depending on the patient.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Cecil Long at America Institute of Reproductive Medicine – Alabama.

Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Other
Dr. Long is a God send. He pushed me to have a surgery that my other doctor told me to ignore. During that surgery he found and removed a uterine septum (which could have been causing me to miscarry repeatedly), uterine fibroids, scar tissue and polyps. If I hadn't had that surgery, I would've spent 20k on IVF just to lose the baby IF I got pregnant. He talks to us each and every time we go to see him. He is honest. He gives us his personal phone number. He calls almost immediately if I need him. I have never met a more caring person/doctor.
This [America Institute] is a very friendly and open clinic. From the moment you walk in there are pink velvet chairs, and a friendly front desk person. It doesn't feel like a cattle call which is how I felt at my last clinic. Not once have I been crying in the waiting room while being ignored. I get in quickly and they take time with me. My husband felt comfortable with both the doctors. They don't try to rush you through anything. They try to get to know and they won't push you for something if you don't want to do it. They listen and they advise. I truly appreciate their approach.
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Other
Go see him immediately. He is a caring and wonderful person. I wish I would've gone to him first. Also, bring a notebook. He explains a lot and it's good to have something with you to write it all down.
My last clinic was completely like a factory. I didn't understand what it was like truly be a person to a doctor. Dr. Long first met with us and talked to us for over two hours. The next day he called and referred me an ART case (I'm an attorney). He gave both me and my husband his cell phone number. He remembers things I tell him. He reduced the price of surgery when the cost exceeded what insurance would pay. He spends time each and every appointment to talk to us. In fact, he says "I don't want to get people pregnant if I don't remember their names or faces."
First was laparoscopy and a hysteroscopy. After that I took estradiol for 25 days to heal and for the last 15, I took progesterin as well. Then we started with letrozole and gonal-f with a trigger for an IUI. I ovulated too early. Then we did letrozole and a trigger. No pregnancy yet. We're looking to do the invocell in April.
Describe your experience with your nurse at America Institute of Reproductive Medicine – Alabama. (Assigned nurse: Trista)
There isn't a moment when you don't get a call back within an hour. You are able to reach a nurse at any point in time - even New Year's Eve.
This is a very friendly and open clinic. From the moment you walk in there are pink velvet chairs, and a friendly front desk person. It doesn't feel like a cattle call which is how I felt at my last clinic. Not once have I been crying in the waiting room while being ignored. I get in quickly and they take time with me. My husband felt comfortable with both the doctors. They don't try to rush you through anything. They try to get to know and they won't push you for something if you don't want to do it. They listen and they advise. I truly appreciate their approach.
He is cheaper than anyone else in Birmingham. He's not trying to make money just babies!!!
Dr. Long pushes for eSET because he doesn't want multiples. He worries they will put too much pressure on the body.

Anovulation, Endometriosis, Other
Dr. Long is candid and frank but also warm and optimistic...Both my husband and I think highly of him. He has a genuine personality that puts you at ease....Dr. Long offers his personal cell phone number to answer questions (I’ve never called so I don’t know if he answers!) I usually feel better and motivated when I leave their office....Dr. Long does IVF with ICSI and INVOcell.... I’ve had one oral medication cycle, one oral and injection cycle with timed intercourse and one oral/injection cycle with IUI.
The staff [America Institute of Repro Med] at the clinic knows my name. They know what kind of work I do. They know my husbands name.... Strengths: friendly staff, now has lab services, easy to schedule, usually get a timely call back, not intrusive or inpatient, down to earth. Weaknesses: initially somewhat disorganized (clinic had just relocated), uncomfortable waiting room chairs, initially did not have lab services.... I typically see Jen. She is easy to talk to, always calls back
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Other
I’ve only been working with Dr. Long since June. Both my husband and I think highly of him. He has a genuine personality that puts you at ease. This is hugely important to me since for most visits your pants are off and your feet are in stirrups... Dr. Long answers questions without making you feel needy or like you are taking up too much time. He is quite optimistic-sometimes I worry that he won’t be able to deliver what is said.
Ask all the questions you want.
The staff at the clinic knows my name. They know what kind of work I do. They know my husbands name. Dr. Long is candid and frank but also warm and optimistic. They try to work around my work schedule. Dr. Long offers his personal cell phone number to answer questions (I’ve never called so I don’t know if he answers!) I usually feel better and motivated when I leave their office.
I’ve had one oral medication cycle, one oral and injection cycle with timed intercourse and one oral/injection cycle with IUI. A trigger ahot was used with each of these cycles. I am currently in my TTW from my first IUI. Medication has been used because I do not always ovulate on my own and I respond well to the medications...increased chance of pregnancy. One month after starting treatment with Dr. Long, I had a laparoscopy as he suspected endometriosis. I had Stage II endo and a uterine polyp.
Describe your experience with your nurse at America Institute of Reproductive Medicine – Alabama. (Assigned nurse: Jen)
I typically see Jen. She is easy to talk to, always calls back. She has been through some infertility treatment herself which I find to be comforting.
My insurance doesn’t have coverage for any medication. Procedures-surgery/ultrasounds/labs have been covered to an extent. The clinic does always explain cost. I’ve spent probably around $5500 so far but this includes everything.
Dr. Long does IVF with ICSI and INVOcell.

2010 - 2017
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Cycles 1&2 [with Dr. Cecil Long], Clomid with monitoring. Cycles 3-5, Gonal-f, Menopur, and hcg trigger with IUI. Rational was to try and produce one quality egg each cycle. Quality over quantity. None of the cycles were successful... we wish he would have been a bit more aggressive...There were several cycles where we used injections, which are very expensive, and rather than up the dose or change the medication protocol, he would have me taking injections for more than two weeks. Honestly, we believe that contributed to late ovulation and therefore lack of success with our IuI procedures.
The greatest strength of ART in my opinion is their timeliness. They are very quick and very thorough. Everyone is so friendly, but not over the top. The lab people are amazing, and results are called in as soon as possible, sometimes expedited. Each nurse takes their time with the patient and doesn’t rush through anything. Every doctor is the same. They truly care about helping families expand!...These nurses have cried with us on many occasions. Always helpful, pleasant, and encouraging.
2010 - 2017
How was your experience with Cecil Long at ART Fertility Program of Alabama?
Dr. Long has excellent bedside manner. He is very thorough, though not as aggressive as we would have liked at times. He’s very conscious of the cost of treatment, but sometimes can ignore that fact. Hence, we wish he would have been a bit more aggressive with out treatments. There were several cycles where we used injections, which are very expensive, and rather than up the dose or change the medication protocol, he would have me taking injections for more than two weeks. Honestly, we believe that contributed to late ovulation and therefore lack of success with our IuI procedures.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Cecil Long at ART Fertility Program of Alabama?
Ask him to be aggressive with treatment.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Cecil Long at ART Fertility Program of Alabama?
He always had my most recent information and never had to search back through my chart. He remembered my details and asked about our life outside of infertility. He laughed and cried with us. He encouraged us and was honest with us.
Describe the protocols Cecil Long used in your cycles at ART Fertility Program of Alabama and their degree of success.
Cycles 1&2, Clomid with monitoring. Cycles 3-5, Gonal-f, Menopur, and hcg trigger with IUI. Rational was to try and produce one quality egg each cycle. Quality over quantity. None of the cycles were successful.
Describe your experience with ART Fertility Program of Alabama.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Cecil Long at ART Fertility Program of Alabama.
Each cycle cost us between $2500 and $4000.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Cecil Long at ART Fertility Program of Alabama.

He [Dr. Long] first made it clear that we would go at the speed I wanted to go and whatever I didn't want to do we wouldn't. We started off with routine labwork and ultrasound. I was someone who didn't respond well to clomid so he put me on Letrazole 5 mg....Dr. Long was so compassionate when I suffered my miscarriage....Everyone in his office and himself included made me feel completely comfortable, easing my anxious mind and making me feel incredibly hopeful!
Everything there runs like a well oiled machine. From the front desk, to the lab, to the nurses and doctors. I've never had a long wait, they were prompt on calling you back.... His office [ART Fert of AL] makes you feel like you're a part of one big family and they along with you want you to succeed in becoming a parent and will do everything in their power to make it happen...They made me feel so comfortable immediately!
How was your experience with Cecil Long at ART Fertility Program of Alabama?
I went into my first NP meeting not knowing what to expect and being scared to death! My sister used Dr. Long for in vitro and conceived and I've had other friends use him. Everyone in his office and himself included made me feel completely comfortable, easing my anxious mind and making me feel incredibly hopeful! His office makes you feel like you're a part of one big family and they along with you want you to succeed in becoming a parent and will do everything in their power to make it happen. Although, I haven't reached my goal of carrying a child and becoming a parent, I feel extremely confident that Dr. Long and his staff will make that happen for me one day! I'm not giving up and I know they aren't giving up either! Dr. Long was so compassionate when I suffered my miscarriage. It was gut wrenching but he made me believe that it was just the beginning and I would get my miracle child and I truly believe with his help I will.
Don't give up! Trust in him and the work he does. Patience is key.
He first made it clear that we would go at the speed I wanted to go and whatever I didn't want to do we wouldn't. We started off with routine labwork and ultrasound. I was someone who didn't respond well to clomid so he put me on Letrazole 5 mg. If I responded well we would continue with either our first IUI or he told us we were free to try naturally. The first time around we tried ourselves and we're unsuccessful. Next cycle, same thing Letrazole 5 mg and we did our first IUI and got pregnant. I feel like with me being older in age, he felt time was of the essence so let's do the IUI and proceed from there right off the bat. Unfortunately I miscarried at 8 weeks and my next 2 iui's were unsuccessful so I'm waiting for my next meeting with him in a couple days to come up with a new gameplan.
They made me feel so comfortable immediately! Very caring, compassionate staff that will pray with you and for you and they are such a comfort.
Describe your experience with ART Fertility Program of Alabama.
Everything there runs like a well oiled machine. From the front desk, to the lab, to the nurses and doctors. I've never had a long wait, they were prompt on calling you back which to me is important considering my patience isn't what it should be considering my circumstances. I'm always so anxious so them not keeping me waiting is nice
As I'm still going through the process, this is a hard question to answer. I consider myself to have really good insurance so all I've paid is my copay except for the iui's which are covered so I pay for those out of pocket.
Describe Cecil Long's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at ART Fertility Program of Alabama.
I haven't yet experienced this yet. I know when my sister was going through in vitro he would not implant more than 2 embryos at a time. After speaking to other friends who use Dr. Long, I'm under the impression he only implants 2 which is what I would want.
+ Read more- Read less
Dr. Long has been wonderful and we are very excited we found him and look forward to having him help us along our infertility journey. He is very knowledgeable, understanding, and patient as we explain our past history and look to develop a future plan. He has identified issues upfront that will help us along the way and has been very thorough and positive so far.... So far with Dr. Long I have had initial consult, labs, ultra sound, and identified need for laparoscopy and he has successfully completed that surgery.
Strengths: Organized, timely, helpful, patient. Go in with open mind and you will be pleasantly surprised. Dr. Long and all of his staff [America Institute of Reproductive Medicine] are ready to help you and will always do so with a smile on their face.... So far, each of the nurses has been very kind and knowledgeable.... I would ask them to set up a meeting with him and allow yourself the opportunity to chat with him and see how wonderful of a doctor he is
Dr. Long has been wonderful and we are very excited we found him and look forward to having him help us along our infertility journey. He is very knowledgeable, understanding, and patient as we explain our past history and look to develop a future plan. He has identified issues upfront that will help us along the way and has been very thorough and positive so far. We are excited about the future.
I would ask them to set up a meeting with him and allow yourself the opportunity to chat with him and see how wonderful of a doctor he is and see if he has something that you both believe can help you succeed along your infertility journey.
From day one, he was very personable and cared about our needs. He listened to our history and our concerns and was very empathetic, understanding, and positive about the future.
I have just switched to Dr. Long. I had 3 IUI and IVF cycle prior to Dr. Long with another practice (and different doctor). So far with Dr. Long I have had initial consult, labs, ultra sound, and identified need for laparoscopy and he has successfully completed that surgery.
So far, each of the nurses has been very kind and knowledgeable.
Strengths: Organized, timely, helpful, patient. Go in with open mind and you will be pleasantly surprised. Dr. Long and all of his staff are ready to help you and will always do so with a smile on their face.
Too soon to tell, so far I have had one laparoscopy surgery and I had to meet my deductible first.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
Dr. Long is wonderful. Thorough, detailed, understanding, kind, compassionate... the list is lengthy...Dr. Long is the nicest doctor I've ever met. He gave me his cell phone number, has called me and text me multiple times to check on me, and has told me to call or text him anytime I have any questions or need anything. He personally did all of my ultrasounds, and has been so kind and personable and honestly just amazing!!
From the office manager, to the receptionist and medical assistant Brittany and Brittany, the staff [at ART Fert] are all amazing!...The clinic is very small, and I think that's what I love the most about it! You feel like family. The staff all knows you by name when you walk in, and they know your family and all the details about your journey. Everyone is so kind and personable, every single one of the staff has at some point come and sat beside me and the waiting room and visited with me while waiting for the doctor.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
Dr. Long is wonderful. Thorough, detailed, understanding, kind, compassionate... the list is lengthy. He tried so many things, and was so innovative and worked so hard to help us have a baby. And is still! He is the best doctor I've ever met and I have no doubt that he is and will do everything in his power to help us have a healthy baby and pregnancy!
Go to him! Honestly that is it. He is so wonderful!!
Dr. Long is the nicest doctor I've ever met. He gave me his cell phone number, has called me and text me multiple times to check on me, and has told me to call or text him anytime I have any questions or need anything. He personally did all of my ultrasounds, and has been so kind and personable and honestly just amazing!! I would HIGHLY recommend him to anyone!
Describe your experience with your nurse at America Institute of Reproductive Medicine – Alabama. (Assigned nurse: Brittany )
From the office manager, to the receptionist and medical assistant Brittany and Brittany, the staff are all amazing!
The clinic is very small, and I think that's what I love the most about it! You feel like family. The staff all knows you by name when you walk in, and they know your family and all the details about your journey. Everyone is so kind and personable, every single one of the staff has at some point come and sat beside me and the waiting room and visited with me while waiting for the doctor. And asked me how things were going, and encourage me and prayed for me and laughed with me and cried with me. The whole Clinic as a whole is outstanding!
Homewood

2010 - 2018
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
We liked how matter of fact Dr. Long is when explaining treatments and risks/benefits. He is very thorough, without overwhelming you with data. We like that he is optimistic but realistic. The only thing that really bugged us is that we felt that for all the money we were spending, he wasn’t being as aggressive as we would like....Expect a slow and steady course of treatment. Always erring on the side of caution. It can be frustrating, but he has your best interest in mind.
This clinic [ART Fertility Program of Alabama] is vast in size, but very small town minded. Nurses, doctors, and staff all took the time to get to know us. Appointments are made quickly and blood work is returned quickly. Everyone seems to want to make sure their patients know they are the priority....Same nurses every visit, so very little turn over. All were compassionate and hopeful for us as future parents. All shared tears with us upon receiving negative results.
2010 - 2018
How was your experience with Cecil Long at ART Fertility Program of Alabama?
He always took care to ask about my life outside of fertility treatments. Even when visiting a satellite office, he would ask for video conferences so I could see and speak with him during my visits.
Our cycles were IUI with donor sperm. Medication protocol was 10-16 days of ovulation stimulation, HCG trigger, followed by IUI 12 hours later. In three cycles, we used Follistim, Gonal-f, Menopur, and HCG. Progesterone supplements followed each IUI until pregnancy test.
Describe your experience with ART Fertility Program of Alabama.
This clinic is vast in size, but very small town minded. Nurses, doctors, and staff all took the time to get to know us. Appointments are made quickly and blood work is returned quickly. Everyone seems to want to make sure their patients know they are the priority.
Typically, $2,500-$4,000 per cycle.
Does not apply
+ Read more- Read less

The first prescription I was prescribed [by Dr. Long] was bravelle my body didn't react to that at all, after that I did a round of Clomid, I ovulated but it just wasn't good enough. I'm now trying letrazole so we're seeing how this goes... always treated me kind, he also makes me feel comfortable around him he's very understanding...very direct and humble at the same time. I would recommend him to anyone with fertility troubles. I wish I could just pack him up and bring him home with me, he gives me so much hope
Art fertility was nice and homelike but sometimes too crowded and you have to wait all day but the staff always apologize for the wait. The nurses and doctors were very educated and you can tell they have lots of experience...They [nurses] were understanding, compassionate and they made sure I understood everything that was happening and made sure I knew how to take my medicine right. They overall made me feel comfortable.
How was your experience with Cecil Long at ART Fertility Program of Alabama?
My experience with Dr long is wonderful, he makes sure I understand everything fully before I leave his office. Dr. Long is very direct and humble at the same time. I would recommend him to anyone with fertility troubles. I wish I could just pack him up and bring him home with me, he gives me so much hope
Just be patient and everything else will fall in place
Dr. Long has always treated me kind, he also makes me feel comfortable around him he's very understanding and he knows exactly what he's doing
The first prescription I was prescribed was bravelle my body didn't react to that at all, after that I did a round of Clomid, I ovulated but it just wasn't good enough. I'm now trying letrazole so we're seeing how this goes.
They were understanding, compassionate and they made sure I understood everything that was happening and made sure I knew how to take my medicine right. They overall made me feel comfortable.
Describe your experience with ART Fertility Program of Alabama.
Art fertility was nice and homelike but sometimes too crowded and you have to wait all day but the staff always apologize for the wait. The nurses and doctors were very educated and you can tell they have lots of experience. Dr long has his own location now and he is well organized and his nurses are like a spark of light, I love it there and the thought that they won't stop til I get pregnant with my first child.
It would be expensive but my insurance is making it very affordable
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Long didn't treat you like a number. Every time I met with him, he was very personal to our situation and gave us a very clear plan of where we would go next...Dr. Long did not string me along, which I appreciated very much. I did not respond to letrozole and he then changed the plan to final-f injections and iui which my body finally responded to and I got pregnant with twin girls!..Listen and trust him! He knows his stuff!
With Dr. Long [at ART Fertility of Alabama], I started with letrozole. I responded perfectly the first month taking it, but got a negative blood pregnancy test. I tried letrozole for a second month and did not respond/ovulate at all. Dr. Long amped the plan and prescribed gonal-f injections. I did the injections for 18 days, going to the doctor to check in every 3 days and upping the dose of Gonal-f after each appointment. Finally, I began responding to the injections and had several mature follicles. We decided to go ahead with trigger shot (pregnyl) at home and iui 2 days later. I found out 2 weeks later I was pregnant and a couple weeks after that we found out it was twins!
How was your experience with Cecil Long at ART Fertility Program of Alabama?
Listen and trust him! He knows his stuff!
With Dr. Long, I started with letrozole. I responded perfectly the first month taking it, but got a negative blood pregnancy test. I tried letrozole for a second month and did not respond/ovulate at all. Dr. Long amped the plan and prescribed gonal-f injections. I did the injections for 18 days, going to the doctor to check in every 3 days and upping the dose of Gonal-f after each appointment. Finally, I began responding to the injections and had several mature follicles. We decided to go ahead with trigger shot (pregnyl) at home and iui 2 days later. I found out 2 weeks later I was pregnant and a couple weeks after that we found out it was twins!
Fantastic!
Gonal-f injections were expensive. Insurance paid half, but still paid over $200 for each vial, and it took several in just one cycle for me. IUI was covered by my insurance completely!

2013 - 2016
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
He [Dr. Cecil Long] is familiar to the infertility journey within his own family and makes him relatable.... In preparation for IVF, I had lots of blood work and ultrasounds along with an SIS and a HSG done. We did an IVF cycle in which I produced 8 eggs. Eggs and sperm were fertilized and we ended up with 5 healthy embryos. A fresh transfer was performed ~5 days later with 2 embryos. Two weeks later, we had a negative pregnancy test. After 1 year, I began taking Estrace to stimulate estrogen production for preparation of frozen embryo transfer. An endometrial scratch was performed to increase thickness of endometrial lining. After 30-45 days on estrase, we had a frozen embryo transfer performed. Two weeks later, another negative pregnancy test. Two years later. I got back on estrase and had a hysteroscopy performed.
The staff [at ART Fertility Program of AL- Birmingham] is somewhat friendly but no different than any other urgent care or general doctor’s office. We never felt very much warmth and empathy for the sturggles we had physically, mentally, emotionally or financially,.... In preparation for IVF, I had lots of blood work and ultrasounds along with an SIS and a HSG done. We did an IVF cycle in which I produced 8 eggs. Eggs and sperm were fertilized and we ended up with 5 healthy embryos. A fresh transfer was performed ~5 days later with 2 embryos. Two weeks later, we had a negative pregnancy test. After 1 year, I began taking Estrace to stimulate estrogen production for preparation of frozen embryo transfer. An endometrial scratch was performed to increase thickness of endometrial lining. After 30-45 days on estrase, we had a frozen embryo transfer performed. Two weeks later, another negative pregnancy test. Two years later. I got back on estrase and had a hysteroscopy performed.
2013 - 2016
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Cecil Long at ART Fertility Program of Alabama?
Very likeable - explained things in detail - relatable to our situation. Willing to help in any way. Personable and never felt rushed or hurried in consultations. Tried many avenues for a successful outcome.
He is familiar to the infertility journey within his own family and makes him relatable.
He was very down-to-earth and always willing to answer any questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ART Fertility Program of Alabama. (Assigned nurse: Janet)
Very disappointed in the overall staff and the lack of empathy felt throughout the office.
Describe your experience with ART Fertility Program of Alabama.
The staff is somewhat friendly but no different than any other urgent care or general doctor’s office. We never felt very much warmth and empathy for the sturggles we had physically, mentally, emotionally or financially,
~$24,000
+ Read more- Read less
I really like Dr. Long. He is straight forward without being blunt or harsh. He felt that Invocell would be our best option for conception and was not rude about it. He explained the entire process and I left feeling empowered.... We will be doing Invocell which is affordable IVF. Dr. Long and his NP Karen are one of the few practices in the United Stares who offer Invocell and have had results that are compatible with that of traditional IVF.
We will be doing Invocell which is affordable IVF. Dr. Long and his NP Karen [at America Institute for Reproductive Med] are one of the few practices in the United Stares who offer Invocell and have had results that are compatible with that of traditional IVF.... The clinic is small which has been a blessing after being at a much larger clinic. I feel like a friend and not just another number. On the downside, there is only one lady who works at the front desk and she is often having to balance answering the phones and checking in patients by herself.
be open minded to your treatment options. He works in a smaller practice, but don't let that deter you, he is awesome
He is very personable. We sat in his office on our first visit and he truly wanted to get to know my husband and didn't jump directly into our issues.
They communicate well and efficiently. I have never had an issue in getting in contact with them
Semen Analysis $95 Co-pay $40 Ultrasounds were covered by my insurance

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
He [Dr. Long] is always willing to answer my questions and does things very quickly. ... He did not give me clomid like former doctors did. I loved that. He also made sure to regularly do ultrasounds and explain as he did bloodwork, ultrasounds, and any other paperwork needed. ... They [ART Fertility Program of AL] tend to stimulate for 3-4 for the patients best results due to hormonal issues.
So friendly!!!! They [ART Fertility Program of AL] have always been kind and answer questions and try to get you in as early as possible. ... Everyone in his clinic have always been very kind and thoughtful. ... I have had questions on the weekend and after surgery and they [nurses] immediately answered or called back. .... They try to give clear directions and have even hugged me when I had bad results and lost my pregnancy. They always smile and are professional.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Cecil Long at ART Fertility Program of Alabama?
He is absolutely the best doctor out of all the doctors I have seen. He is absolutely amazing and I recommend him to everyone. He is always willing to answer my questions and does things very quickly.
Feel free to ask questions.
Everyone in his clinic have always been very kind and thoughtful. They even give hugs if you are having a bad day.
He did not give me clomid like former doctors did. I loved that. He also made sure to regularly do ultrasounds and explain as he did bloodwork, ultrasounds, and any other paperwork needed. He thoroughly explained surgery for the fibroid and endometriosis.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ART Fertility Program of Alabama. (Assigned nurse: Karen)
They always answer questions in person or the phone no matter when you call or how often you call. I have had questions on the weekend and after surgery and they immediately answered or called back. They are always kind and patient
Describe your experience with ART Fertility Program of Alabama.
So friendly!!!! They have always been kind and answer questions and try to get you in as early as possible. They try to give clear directions and have even hugged me when I had bad results and lost my pregnancy. They always smile and are professional.
Much better than at UAB! He was reasonable.
He will do either one. They tend to stimulate for 3-4 for the patients best results due to hormonal issues.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Other, Unexplained
After almost 2 years at another clinic i switched to dr long to do invocell ivf. He strongly encouraged a laparoscopic surgery to explore my uterus after a prior diagnosis of bicornuate uterus. I agreed to the survey and dr. Long actually found a uterine septum that was able to be resected and stage 3 endo. I don’t feel ivf would have worked if he had not encouraged this surgery. I’m doing stims for ivf this month.
Excellent communicators and compassionate care given to every patient. Every staff member [America Institute of Repro Med] is nice and courteous. I have not found any weaknesses at this time. I recommend this clinic in several Facebook fertility groups I’m in. ... Excellent communication [nursing staff] ... Dr. Long only recommends transfer of two embryos at a time
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Other, Unexplained
If you aren’t satisfied with your care find someone who has your best interest at heart.
Staff and physician are all very personable and easy to communicate with. The last doctor had so many patients i did not feel like my care was personalized. Dr. Long makes you feel like part of the family.
Dr. Long included myself and my husband in my treatment plan
Excellent communicators and compassionate care given to every patient. Every staff member is nice and courteous. I have not found any weaknesses at this time. I recommend this clinic in several Facebook fertility groups I’m in.
Dr. Long only recommends transfer of two embryos at a time
2013 - 2017
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Other
Dr. Long made sure to spend as much time with us as we needed. He was personable, we never felt rushed, and he answered every question we had...He makes us feel like we're the only patients he sees. He is compassionate, caring, and really spoke to us more like friends than patients. He has done everything possible to accommodate us and help us on this journey...IVF, TESA, Laser Assisted hatching, ICSI,
I love the IVF coordinator [at ART Fertility Program], Janet. She's an asset to the clinic...I was sad that we didn't have her during our frozen cycle. She has been the BIGGEST support on this journey. She helped coach me through medications and shots, she put my anxious mind at ease, she became more like family to us...She really made the experience bareable...For IVF, TESA, Laser Assisted hatching, ICSI, we payed close to $13,000 per cycle...
2013 - 2017
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Other
How was your experience with Cecil Long at ART Fertility Program of Alabama?
Dr. Long has been incredible. He makes us feel like we're the only patients he sees. He is compassionate, caring, and really spoke to us more like friends than patients. He has done everything possible to accommodate us and help us on this journey.
Be prepared. Ask questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ART Fertility Program of Alabama. (Assigned nurse: Janet Robinson )
Janet was absolutely amazing! I was sad that we didn't have her during our frozen cycle. She has been the BIGGEST support on this journey. She helped coach me through medications and shots, she put my anxious mind at ease, she became more like family to us.
Describe your experience with ART Fertility Program of Alabama.
I love the IVF coordinator, Janet. She's an asset to the clinic, and I'm unsure if I would be as willing to reccomend the clinic had I had another coordinator. She really made the experience bareable. Ava takes the blood and she is incredible! Typically nurses have a difficult time finding my veins, but she works some kind of magic and ALWAYS does it with ease.
For IVF, TESA, Laser Assisted hatching, ICSI, we payed close to $13,000 per cycle. So, right at $40,000 total.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Unexplained
He [Dr. Long] took our individual situation into consideration for our treatment not just what the clinic does for every couple...He has been approachable and candid on our situation. Hopeful, but not making guarantees that he can't accomplish...After a failed cycle he would readjust medicines. After several failed he decided to do a laparoscopy and hysteroscopy to see about endometriosis. After readjusting meds and trying IUIs and injectables moving on to IVF.
Phone system/voicemail system for a nurse to call you back [at ART Fertility Program of Alabama] is a little confusing and frustrating at first, but then get the hang of it...They are a wonderful, amazing group that really care for their patients...After a failed cycle he [Dr. Long] would readjust medicines. After several failed he decided to do a laparoscopy and hysteroscopy to see about endometriosis. After readjusting meds and trying IUIs and injectables moving on to IVF.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Unexplained
How was your experience with Cecil Long at ART Fertility Program of Alabama?
As we are currently still in the process of Fertility treatment and about to start the IVF process we have been very pleased with Dr. Long. He has been approachable and candid on our situation. Hopeful, but not making guarantees that he can't accomplish.
He took our individual situation into consideration for our treatment not just what the clinic does for every couple.
These reviews are for the Montgomery Satellite clinic. They are a wonderful, amazing group that really care for their patients.
Describe your experience with ART Fertility Program of Alabama.
Phone system/voicemail system for a nurse to call you back is a little confusing and frustrating at first, but then get the hang of it.
I would say reasonable for what they are. Unfortunately insurance does not cover much.

2012
2 IUI, IVF
Dr. Long is one of few doctors with no arrogance to his demeanor....I am in the medical field and he entertained all of my questions and concerns....Dr Long is one of the most laid back physicians I've ever been around. You can talk to him about anything and it's like talking to an old friend. When going through something as stressful as Fertility [treatment], having a doctor that can put you at ease is everything!
Dr. Long [of ART Fertility Program of Alabama] is one of few doctors with no arrogance to his demeanor....I am in the medical field and he entertained all of my questions and concerns....Dr Long is one of the most laid back physicians I've ever been around. You can talk to him about anything and it's like talking to an old friend. When going through something as stressful as Fertility [treatment], having a doctor that can put you at ease is everything!
2012
2 IUI, IVF
How was your experience with Cecil Long at ART Fertility Program of Alabama?
Dr. Long is one of few doctors with no arrogance to his demeanor. He is pleasant, conversational, interested to get to know you, your spouse, and you situation. He has a calming spirit and he can talk to you in a way that puts you at ease. I am in the medical field and he entertained all of my questions and concerns. I couldn't have been happier to have been referred to him. Dr Long is one of the most laid back physicians I've ever been around. You can talk to him about anything and it's like talking to an old friend. When going through something as stressful as Fertility Trx, having a doctor that can put you at ease is everything! I've recommended him to many friends and acquaintances and Everyone has felt the same I way about their experience with Dr. Long as my husband and I did. He's a scientist and will explain as much as you need him to.
Trust him and the staff. They do genuinely care about you!
Caring staff

Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, PCOS
He [Dr Cecil Long] was exactly what we were looking for. He never gave up on us. He took you back to his office to discuss what happened and what the next treatment was going to be. He is a very compassionate man....Everyone there [at ART Fertility Program of Alabama] is great. No complaints here....He tried a high dose of follistim first with my body only producing 1 follicle. Then he tried follistim with menopur and still I only produced 1 follicle. He increase the dosage everything but my body just hasn't responded well to the meds. Now we have to decide if using donor eggs is right for us.
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, PCOS
How was your experience with Cecil Long at ART Fertility Program of Alabama?
He was exactly what we were looking for. He never gave up on us. He took you back to his office to discuss what happened and what the next treatment was going to be. He is a very compassionate man.
Trust him.
He is very compassionate about what he does and when I had my surgery to remove endometriosis, he made sure I was ok before going in and after coming out.
Describe your experience with ART Fertility Program of Alabama.
Everyone there is great. No complaints here.

PCOS, Other
Im currently on mini ivf cycle also known as invocell cycle ... with Dr Long and Dr Hammond you are known by your name and they already know everything about you they all make you feel as if you are a part of their family ... I decided to go back to Dr Long who immediately did test and found hydrosalpinx in my right tube and immediate removed and clearly stated that I would’ve never gotten pregnant with that fluid dripping in my uterus
Im currently on mini ivf cycle also known as invocell cycle and good is it a blessing because it’s makes ivf affordable for all women ... They [nursing staff] are awesome they never leave you in the blind and loves you like a relative and for sure understand what we are going through ... the love the office Ora [ART Fertility Program of Alabama] and definitely the doctors dedication to you as a patient
PCOS, Other
How was your experience with Cecil Long at ART Fertility Program of Alabama?
Dr Long came in after I had already had an full ivf cycle from a “CENTER OF EXCELLENCE “ that ended up depressing me with the low quality experience being that I had a retrieval(15eggs), 3 transfers, and still no baby and I was tired of driving out of state just to be even broker and even more devastated so I decided to go back to Dr Long who immediately did test and found hydrosalpinx in my right tube and immediate removed and clearly stated that I would’ve never gotten pregnant with that fluid dripping in my uterus fast forward a month he did and hsg and found that everything is fine now and I got pregnant the same month and I’ve been trying since 2015 of course it ended in miscarriage and then We got set up for invocell the newest accomplishment for us fertility patients that don’t want to keep spending all of their life savings and he I am currently starting meds and waiting for my chance I’m so 100% guaranteed that he and Karen will make this happen for me because they have done more for me in 3 months than my previous RE did in almost 2 years
Don’t doubt his options they really work
First of you go to these other clinics and all you are is a number with Dr Long and Dr Hammond you are known by your name and they already know everything about you they all make you feel as if you are a part of their family
They are awesome they never leave you in the blind and loves you like a relative and for sure understand what we are going through
Describe your experience with ART Fertility Program of Alabama.
There are no weaknesses they are all strengths because all of their patients are satisfied, the love the office Ora and definitely the doctors dedication to you as a patient they are determined to make sure that your dreams are their commands
Everything covered by Insurance but definitely everyone can afford the affordable ivf on 3500 for all patients now that’s a milestone that
They explain all risks and let you decide which is how it should all work
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Long is very caring and a great doctor. Even though Dr. Hammond oversees all the other appointments, Dr. Long is always in the know of what's going on. I would recommend him to any and everyone! He always makes you feel like you matter. No question is too small...I am currently doing INVOcell. My retrieval and transfer are schedule for this week and next! I am currently taking Gonal-F 225IU. I just finished 5 days of Letrozole 2xday.
I am currently doing INVOcell [at America Institute of Reproductive Medicine]...Every single person working at AIRM are AMAZING! Karen [nurse], specifically, shows so much compassion for what she does. I love her so much!...You can call 1000 times a day and they would answer all your questions and concerns. I have never felt as if I was bothering them. Everyone from the receptionist to the doctors are the kindest people you will ever meet!
Dr. Long is very caring and a great doctor. Even though Dr. Hammond oversees all the other appointments, Dr. Long is always in the know of what's going on. I would recommend him to any and everyone! He always makes you feel like you matter. No question is too small. I will never go anywhere else. I wish I had found him sooner!
Do it sooner rather than later! You won't regret it!
Everyone at AIRM cares about the patient. Dr. Long and Dr. Hammond make you feel like you are the only person on their schedule for the day. They make you feel so comfortable there.
Describe your experience with your nurse at America Institute of Reproductive Medicine – Alabama. (Assigned nurse: Karen Hammond)
Every single person working at AIRM are AMAZING! Karen, specifically, shows so much compassion for what she does. I love her so much!
I see Dr. Long at AIRM. He is no longer at ART. I would highly recommend checking out AIRM. I wish I had found them a lot sooner. The clinic and staff are absolutely amazing! You can call 1000 times a day and they would answer all your questions and concerns. I have never felt as if I was bothering them. Everyone from the receptionist to the doctors are the kindest people you will ever meet!
It is $3900 for INVOcell at AIRM
I am very thankful that Dr. Long will let my husband and I transfer multiple embryos (2). I have had a previous child with no issues, so they said it shouldn't be an issue IF I were to get pregnant with twins. He did go over the risks of multiples though.
+ Read more- Read less

You see the Doctor [Dr. Cecil Long] every time you visit the office...He is absolutely amazing. He is so down to earth and easy to talk to. He uses terms that are easy to understand. He is by far the best! I wish I would have found him earlier! He makes sure you completely understand everything that he covers with you...will go above and beyond to make you feel comfortable!...We are on our second Affordable IVF treatment. He uses low doses of medicine since my AMH is high. They do ICSI with everyone! Also I incubate my embryos!
When you walk in the office [of America Institute of Reproductive Medicine] is decorated beautifully! You definitely do not feel like your in a doctors office. The clinic really has no weaknesses in my opinion! They are easy to contact. Everyone is always smiling when you come in!...Dr Long and his nurse practitioner are amazing! They give you their personal contact number if you need anything. You see the Doctor every time you visit the office. The sincerely care about their patients.
Be honest with them. He is an amazing person and will go above and beyond to make you feel comfortable!
Karen is the nurse practitioner that is over the INVOcell program! She is so amazing! I get a big hug every time we see her.
When you walk in the office is decorated beautifully! You definitely do not feel like your in a doctors office. The clinic really has no weaknesses in my opinion! They are easy to contact. Everyone is always smiling when you come in!
His cost were very affordable! Under 5k
If you have two he will transfer two. Is quality or quantity!