Medical SchoolU. of Texas
19600 East 39th Street
Independence, KS 64131
12200 W 106 St
Overland Park, KS 66215
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Celeste Brabec to a friend?

7.1

4.3

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Reproductive Resource Center to a friend?
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
During the diagnostic phase prior to IUI, she [Dr. Brabec] recommended I get a large fibroid removed, which I did. During that surgery with another surgeon, it was discovered that I had endometriosis. This VERY important finding was completely glossed over by Dr. Brabec. I knew nothing about endo at the time and trusted her since she didn't discuss it after my surgery. During that second consultation to finally start IUI, she only gave me the options of IUI with oral meds or IVF. No injectables.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Celeste Brabec at Reproductive Resource Center?
I saw Dr. Brabec about three times over the course of 1.5 years. At my initial consult, she recommended IVF as my course of treatment based on my age and lab values. I was not ready for that and wanted to try IUI first. She recommended IUI with injectables to increase the chances of pregnancy. During the diagnostic phase prior to IUI, she recommended I get a large fibroid removed, which I did. During that surgery with another surgeon, it was discovered that I had endometriosis. This VERY important finding was completely glossed over by Dr. Brabec. I knew nothing about endo at the time and trusted her since she didn't discuss it after my surgery. During that second consultation to finally start IUI, she only gave me the options of IUI with oral meds or IVF. No injectables. I pointed out this discrepancy from our previous visit, and she stated that injectables are rarely used with IUI anymore due to the risk of multiples. I pointed out that that was her recommendation a year prior, which she again glossed over. After two failed IUIs with oral meds, I sought out a second opinion on my case to see if IVF was the next best step. I did not consult with Dr. Brabec about this b/c she was gung-ho about IVF from the get go and felt that I already knew what her answer would be. My second opinion doctor encouraged me to look into endometriosis again before doing anything, because in her eyes (based on my labs and testing), I was a fertile woman and something else was causing my infertility. THANK GOD I found her and also found Nancy's Nook group on Facebook which provides amazing information about endometriosis. I still knew very little about endo at the time. Through this group, I found an endometriosis specialist in STL. He read my operative report from 1.5 years ago where I had the fibroid and endometriosis removed and HE informed me that I had Stage 4 endometriosis. To say I was shocked and disgusted that Dr. Brabec never mentioned this to me is an understatement. I honestly don't know that she ever ready my surgical report, as it clearly stated that I had endometriosis on my bowel, bladder, and uterus. Upon learning this, I feel that the IUIs I had were likely a waste and that I also wasted 1.5 years of my fertility life by not knowing I had stage 4 endo. Dr. Brabec was completely negligent in this area, and even after confronting her about this, she was less than helpful and said how she had it documented that we discussed the endo. Had I known I had stage 4 endo then or had been given ANY education about it, I would have been ready for IVF at that time. Also, her treatment recommendations for endo are very outdated and old school. So- if you know you want IVF and are ready for it, this might be the doctor for you. However, if you want a thorough investigation into the causes of your infertility, want education about your fertility picture, or if you have endometriosis, I would absolutely not recommend Dr. Brabec as your provider. She basically feels that IVF is the answer for anything.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Celeste Brabec at Reproductive Resource Center?
Only go to her if you are ready for IVF and have done your research on why you need IVF.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Celeste Brabec at Reproductive Resource Center?
The first consult was ok, but I felt like Dr. Brabec spoke very quickly and ran through my options like she'd said it all a million times, which she probably had. The consult felt a bit rushed, which I was quite uncomfortable with. Her NPs were never like that, however, which is why I stuck with this clinic.
Describe the protocols Celeste Brabec used in your cycles at Reproductive Resource Center and their degree of success.
I did two rounds of IUI with letrozole pills (2.5 mg for five days), along with Ovidrel trigger shot both times. I believe I had several good sized follicles both times.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Resource Center. (Assigned nurse: Sarah)
Sarah was warm, thorough, and super intelligent. She explained things in a way that never felt rushed, unlike with Dr. Brabec. Sarah was literally the only reason I stayed with this clinic, as I wasn't crazy about Dr. Brabec from the beginning. Sarah responded to all of my portal messages quickly and with thorough explanations, which I really appreciated.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Resource Center.
All of the clinic staff I encountered were very friendly and kind. I felt that the communication in the clinic was good and that my questions or requests were always answered in a timely manner and with professionalism.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Celeste Brabec at Reproductive Resource Center.
I think IUI was around $700 per cycle which included an ultrasound. Meds were another $120 per cycle.
Overland Park

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Celeste Brabec at Reproductive Resource Center.

Dr. Brabec is an excellent doctor. She performed my surgery and I felt like I could completely trust her.... I was diagnosed with PCOS and annovulitory cycles. They started me off on a ten day progesterone challenge to get my cycle started. Then we started off with 2.5mg Letrozole which did not work. The changed my dose to 7.5mg Letrozole which worked. My follicles were growing nice after that. On cycle day 11 we did a vaginal ultrasound and that night I would take the ovidrel injection. The first 4 cycles we did timed intercourse. The last 2 cycles we tried IUI also with Letrozole and Ovidrel.
How was your experience with Celeste Brabec at Reproductive Resource Center?
Dr. Brabec is an excellent doctor. She performed my surgery and I felt like I could completely trust her. She is highly recommended in the area. She does everything she can to help. She makes sure her staff and nurses are completely trained to take care of us. I would recommend her to anyone.
I would say make sure you ask questions. Don't hesitate to question your treatment and ask about other options if you feel something is not working. You will get to know your body and know when something is or is not working for you.
I really love Dr. Brabec's office. The nurses and staff are so very nice and always answer any questions I have no matter how many times I call or message them. After each treatment they all wish me good luck and I sincerely think they care about each of their patients.
I was diagnosed with PCOS and annovulitory cycles. They started me off on a ten day progesterone challenge to get my cycle started. Then we started off with 2.5mg Letrozole which did not work. The changed my dose to 7.5mg Letrozole which worked. My follicles were growing nice after that. On cycle day 11 we did a vaginal ultrasound and that night I would take the ovidrel injection. The first 4 cycles we did timed intercourse. The last 2 cycles we tried IUI also with Letrozole and Ovidrel. We tried taking Dexamethazone, but I had a bad reaction to it. In December of 2018 they started me on 1500mg of Metformin. We are currently waiting for my next cycle to start. We tried another ten day challenge of progesterone which had failed to start a cycle. Will be trying another round soon.
I really love the nursing staff of Dr. Brabec's office. I can call or message them anytime with my questions and they always get back to me within one day. Its difficult for them to remember every single patient so sometimes its frustrating when they don't remember my plan specifically, but I can't expect them to remember everything. They are all so very nice to me and always wish I luck each cycle. They really treat you like family.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Resource Center.
One strength they have is they open every day at 7:30 am which is great if you need blood work done before you head to work. They are also open on Saturdays for treatments if needed. One weakness I think they have is their lab cannot perform all lab requests that are given to patients. A lot of times I have to go to Quest Diagnostics to get blood work done. I'm not sure if that is standard protocol or not.
Our insurance doesn't cover infertility treatment. Luckily our insurance has covered some of the expense due to my diagnosis. So far we have paid for semen analysis, vaginal ultrasounds, IUI, HSG, polyp removal, medications, and blood work.

IVF, Donor Eggs
IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Celeste Brabec at Reproductive Resource Center?
I believe Dr. Brabec is an experienced RE. This experience makes up for her lack of bedside manner. She cuts straight to the point and does not always listen well. Dr. Brabec is clearly busy but certainly cares about her results. She gave exaggerated optimistic odds (65% success rate) when encouraging us to use donor eggs. When our donor egg cycle failed, she said "we knew the odds were just 50%." Both odds are higher than those reflected on the clinic's SART records.
We were told Dr. Brabec had no bedside manner before we met her by several patients of hers who had had success being treated by her. Had we not known that, it would have been harder to accept.
The front desk staff was always very kind and friendly.
Based on lab results, we were advised by Dr. Brabec's staff to use frozen donor eggs. We jumped at the opportunity given the success rates she cited. Our med/timing protocol was the same as all first-time donor egg recipients at her clinic and was very similar to those I've learned about from patients at other clinics. My uterine lining was right on track for the initially estimated transfer date. The transfer failed (did not result in a pregnancy) due to a "poor quality" embryo. Two REs consulted after this experience indicated they would not have transferred an embryo of that grade.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Resource Center. (Assigned nurse: Marge)
Marge has been working with donor egg recipients for years at RRC.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Resource Center.
We chose this clinic because it is one of the only fertility clinics in the area that does not "batch" patients so the wait time for IVF was shorter. The front desk and lab staffs were always kind, friendly and welcoming. There were multiple billing errors that we had to ask to be corrected and were ultimately (but not easily) refunded. We would advise new patients to get all billing information in writing and to crosscheck it after receiving invoices.
Approximately $12,000 for lab costs and one embryo transfer, including a $1,500 "coordination fee." The fee for eggs was $15,000 from a separate egg bank that our fertility clinic works with. We paid that fee to our clinic. However, via an online donor egg recipient forum, I learned that we were overcharged more than $1,000 by our clinic.
Describe Celeste Brabec's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Resource Center.
Dr. Brabec told us she is usually unwilling to transfer more than one embryo at a time citing that it's in the best interest of the patient and child(ren).

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
We only met with Dr. Brabec once before we started our treatments. She did spend time with us to discuss the options and thoroughly discuss IVF. We left that first consultation very confused as it was more of an information overload. I didn’t speak with Dr. Brabec again until our IVF cycle failed...After my first bloodwork, she increased my gonal f to 300 units a day for the remainder of my cycle, 7 days; and kept menopur and dexamethasone the same. I started cetrotide 3 days before my retrieval. My trigger was 2ml Novarel and 80 units of leuprolide. The next day they had me administer another 2ml of the Novarel.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Celeste Brabec at Reproductive Resource Center?
Be sure to ask questions so you fully understand your treatment and fully know what to expect, the risks, etc.
We were able to ask questions and get answers, but we didn’t have a consistent caregiver which made it difficult to know who to speak to.
I started my cycle with 150 units of gonal f, 150 units of menopur, and 1 tablet of dexamethasone a day for 3 days. After my first bloodwork, she increased my gonal f to 300 units a day for the remainder of my cycle, 7 days; and kept menopur and dexamethasone the same. I started cetrotide 3 days before my retrieval. My trigger was 2ml Novarel and 80 units of leuprolide. The next day they had me administer another 2ml of the Novarel.
Majority of the nursing staff was responsive and willing to help. Some were not as compassionate, but I understand that is not necessarily their job. It was difficult because we didn’t have one nurse that we consistently worked with, so it was hard to know who to ask questions.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Resource Center.
The front desk staff is very friendly and willing to assist. The clinic is clean and well kept. When you have your monitoring visits during your cycle, they give you a window that you can come in for your blood draw and ultrasound. It was hard to know when you’d be seen because it depends on how many other women are also coming in that day. That made it difficult to plan around work, but hopefully your schedule can be flexible when you’re going through your cycle.
For our IVF cycle, we were quoted around $20K but that included PGS testing. However we ran multiple tests before we could start a cycle which added up over time. I think we had at least $600 in blood work.
Overland Park

At times during our treatment, I really liked Dr. Brabec, and other times not so much...I also felt like Dr. Brabec got defensive when I questioned her about what went wrong with her cycle (not blaming her). I was apparently diagnosed with PCOS but wasn't made aware of that fact for several months until I asked during our IVF consult...I don't feel like the reasons (or lack thereof) for my infertility were ever really discussed with me... I rarely saw Dr. Brabec, but I saw her before my egg retrieval and my frozen transfer, and I found her to be very warm and caring both times.
How was your experience with Celeste Brabec at Reproductive Resource Center?
At times during our treatment, I really liked Dr. Brabec, and other times not so much. As some one who really wants to understand my treatment and the reasons for selected protocol, I felt like communication was greatly lacking. I also felt like Dr. Brabec got defensive when I questioned her about what went wrong with her cycle (not blaming her). I was apparently diagnosed with PCOS but wasn't made aware of that fact for several months until I asked during our IVF consult. Otherwise, I don't know if I would ever have been told.
With Dr. Brabec (or any RE), it can be intimidating to ask questions, but you really need to be your own advocate throughout the process.
I did two cycles of IUI with letrozole, then my husband and I decided to move on to IVF. For our IVF cycle, I was on an antagonist protocol with Menopur. I had a short stimulation period followed by freeze-all egg retrieval. Dr. Brabec had high hopes for our retrieval (as did we), but out of 18 eggs retrieved, we had 8 that were immature, and of the ten mature, only three fertilized. Only one made it to Day 5, 4BB blast. That FET cycle resulted in a negative.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Resource Center.
Overall, we have had an "okay" experience at RRC. Because this is such an emotional process, I'm sure I would feel differently if we had a successful cycle. I rarely saw Dr. Brabec, but I saw her before my egg retrieval and my frozen transfer, and I found her to be very warm and caring both times. I also liked that it was a two physician practice, and that the two doctors reviewed the files together. I found most of the nurses and office staff to be great. Occasionally, we had very long waits (once on the day of an IUI after my husband had already given his sperm sample) which were very frustrating. It's already so much to juggle with work and life, and then to have a 1.5 hour wait is not fun.
Due to my age (34), Dr. Brabec recommended a single embryo transfer. We ended up with only one embryo so it was a nonissue.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
I loved Dr. Brabec when we first went to her. She was blunt, but somehow compassionate....she referred me back to my OB and said that I needed to have a fallopian tube removed....She wanted us to do a fresh transfer, she said that would be our best option. She never addressed my endo....Dr. Brabec was sympathetic and told us that if we really want our best chances of having a baby we needed to go the donor egg route...you might have the other doctor do the egg retrieval or the transfer..
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Celeste Brabec at Reproductive Resource Center?
I loved Dr. Brabec when we first went to her. She was blunt, but somehow compassionate. I appreciated her honesty and her matter of fact way she said "we will get you a baby". After my ultra sounds, she referred me back to my OB and said that I needed to have a fallopian tube removed. She was the doctor, I trusted her, so I did. We did a fresh transfer, never addressing the endometriosis, and transferred our only 2 embryos. After days of back and forth we are pregnant, no we aren't, we finally were told I was having a chemical pregnancy. After that, about 2 weeks later I got a call from one of the nurses that they were ready to start again. My husband and I requested an appointment to talk with Dr. Brabec, we just wanted some answers...what would we do differently, how does this happen, what are the odds of another chemical pregnancy? So, had our appointment. Dr. Brabec was sympathetic and told us that if we really want our best chances of having a baby we needed to go the donor egg route. We were not opposed to that, we just want to have a baby. I mentioned to Dr. B that I had been going to acupuncture and that it was helping my stress levels, if nothing else, immensely. She basically told me that I was wasting my money and that during the next round, with donor eggs, I would need to stop that. My husband and I looked at eachother and thought, ok, lets go home and look at these donor banks and make a decision. Then one of the nurse comes in and says ok, we can get your stim shots started for this next round asap. We looked at eachother and were so confused, Dr. B had just told us our best chance of having a baby was egg donor. The nurse called Dr. B back in and it felt so confusing and nobody seemed on the same page. Dr. B said that she would still work with us if we wanted to try another round with my eggs, but that donor eggs would be a MUCH better chance of having a baby. We left feeling frustrated, confused, and over all defeated. I went to acupuncture the next day and she told me to go talk to another doctor, so we did. We immediately made the switch.
Get a second opinion.
The staff at RRC was incredible. The nurses ALWAYS got right back to me and knew my protocol. They were honest and supportive completely. The gals at the front desk knew my name and always greeted me with a friendly smile. I never felt like a number.
She wanted us to do a fresh transfer, she said that would be our best option. She never addressed my endo. I started on bc, then applied testosterone patch for 5-6 days. On 8/4 I started leuprolide injections and growth hormone. I also started menopur and follistim in the evenings. My egg retrieval was 8/10, we started progesterone shots 8/12. Our transfer was 8/15.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Resource Center. (Assigned nurse: Marcy & Cynthia)
The nursing staff was excellent! They were prompt on returning emails and calls. They were compassionate and they took the time to explain every detail. They never made either of us feel like a number or just another case. We LOVED the nursing staff!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Resource Center.
The front desk staff and nursing staff were excellent. THe clinic places you on their schedule and they are not open weekends. When working with one doctor there, you might have the other doctor do the egg retrieval or the transfer.
I would say around $18000.

2012 - 2017
Dr. Brabec's compassion and love for her patients shines through. She was always thorough and reassuring with her instructions and plan of care. She took the time to make us feel comfortable with our plan of care and addressed and questions or concerns we had through out the entire process...We transferred two of them and had a successful pregnancy with twin girls born at 28 weeks gestation.
2012 - 2017
How was your experience with Celeste Brabec at Reproductive Resource Center?
Know that Dr. Brabec and her staff is always there to answer any questions you have from filling prescriptions, to lab test and procedures. Weather in person, on the phone or via patient portal you will always receive a prompt response. No question is a dumb question so ask, ask, ask. They will always be able to guide you.
Dr. Brabec was always so warm and comforting through our entire journey. She and her staff held our hands and gave us reassurance throughout the process. Dr. Brabec was always ready to help guide us with any questions or concerns we had. We always felt cared for and that she always had our best interest in mind.
We did IVF ICSI. with a male fertility factor Dr. Brabec assured us ICIS was the best course of action to get the most healthy embryos. With our fresh cycle we got 5 healthy 5day embryos. We transferred two of them and had a successful pregnancy with twin girls born at 28 weeks gestation. For our next two cycles we did two FET cycles. Our first attempt at defrost was unsuccessful and lost an embryo. They moved onto the next embryo with a successful thaw we completed transfer with. We received a positive pregnancy test but unfortunately miscarried by our 8 week scan. We then attempted anther FET witch resulted in a negative pregnancy test.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Resource Center. (Assigned nurse: Marci)
The entire team at Reproductive Resource Center are simply amazing. They all take the time to ask how you are doing and feeling through out the process. They were always available to answer any questions we had in a timely manner, this includes the nurses, lab staff, financial adviser and scheduling. Everyone made it their goal to make the process as easy and stress free as possible. When we miscarried after our first FET cycle everyone had such kind words and a hug waiting for us. They never let us feel alone during one of the most difficult and challenging moments of our lives. We will never be able to thank them enough for all they have done and how well they cared for us.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Resource Center.
Strengths would include friendly and knowledgeable staff. They are efficient at answering questions in a timely manner. They are good at communicating making sure you fully understand the process. They are so warm and welcoming it makes you feel comfortable and that they truly have your best interest in mind at all times. The make communication throughout your day easy though phone call, patient portal or in person. They provide a finical counselor that can assist with financing and dealing with your insurance company.
IVF ICIS approx $17,000 FET cycles approx $6,500 each
Dr. Brabec was open to multiple embryo transfer for our first cycle. She did advise we transfer no more than two embroys. Both embryos took and we were blessed with twin daughters born at 28 weeks gestation. For our next two cycles Dr. Brabec advised we only transfer one embroy at a time to reduce the risk of premature birth.

2011 - 2016
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Dr. Brabec is thorough and to the point. She wants to see you succeed and fully explains her recommendations, the risks, and the course of action. ... Prior to seeing Dr. Brabec I'd been diagnosed with PCOS and had some evidence of stimulation using clomid. ... She is mindful not only of her patients and their desires, but of her practice as a whole. ... She was always quick to answer questions and had ready a thoughtful response.
2011 - 2016
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
How was your experience with Celeste Brabec at Reproductive Resource Center?
Dr. Brabec is thorough and to the point. She wants to see you succeed and fully explains her recommendations, the risks, and the course of action. She is mindful not only of her patients and their desires, but of her practice as a whole.
Go to the consult! Dr. Brabec has years of experience and will be honest with you regarding your treatment.
She was always quick to answer questions and had ready a thoughtful response. She expressed her concerns as opposed to just being 100% confident of a predicted outcome. I felt like she felt our misfortunes as keenly as we did.
Prior to seeing Dr. Brabec I'd been diagnosed with PCOS and had some evidence of stimulation using clomid. My first cycle with RRC was in 2011 and started with a round of oral meds (letrozole) which was cancelled due to no response. 2nd cycle was letrozole days 3-7 (I think) then 37.5 iu of Follistim days 3, 5, 7, 9 (ultrasound), 11, 13 (ultrasound), then Ovidrel on day 14. IUI was day 15. It led to a successful pregnancy. In 2013, we were trying for a second baby. We started in September with the same protocol, but we upped the Follistim to 75 iu. Had the IUI, but negative pregnancy test. 2nd cycle we upped to the Follistim again to 116 iu until a monitoring ultrasound. Had second IUI, also a negative result. At baseline ultrasound for 3rd cycle I had a cyst, so we did a month of birth control. The real 3rd cycle, we did Letrozole again (days 3-7), then 116 iu of Follistim days 3-7 and backed down to 75 iu of Follistim every day after until the Ovidrel trigger. Had IUI and a successful pregnancy. In 2016, trying for 3rd baby, protocol was as follows : Letrozole days 3-7, 50 iu Follistim every other day starting on day 3, half tablet of dexamethasone every day, Ovidrel trigger on day 12, IUI on day 13. IUI was successful and led to a successful pregnancy. I also took metformin ER throughout each attempt since I have insulin resistant PCOS. I was more heavily medicated on my second set of cycles due to poor response and probable secondary infertility. Dr. Brabec held back when trying for the 3rd baby as she was concerned for multiples.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Resource Center. (Assigned nurse: Marcy and Becky W.)
We were super pleased with our nurse the first and third pregnancies. The 2nd it seemed like we kind of got shifted around a lot, but I think our nurse was pretty new to the facility. Marcy and Becca were our main nurses during the first set and they were on top of everything. Always a thorough response and explanation of things. Becky was our nurse the 3rd time around and she was so detailed in everything. Super compassionate and thoughtful.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Resource Center.
I loved that they knew your name the moment you walked in. They greeted you with a smile and made you feel welcome and cared for. I never felt like I was a number. The clinic is well maintained and tightly run. Billing is regular and they explain exactly what you can expect. I also feel like your nurse explains exactly what you can expect to happen at each visit so you are properly prepared.
Each cycle with injectible meds ran $3-$5k depending on medication.

1 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
The doctor's [Dr. Celeste Brabec] rationale for recommending donor eggs was a combination of high FSH (18.8), low AMH (0.02) and low anterior follicular count (5 total). As well as my history of negative test after 12 months of trying "naturally" and 3 rounds of Clomid, 4 months of Metformin and 3 rounds of Femara. We received 8 eggs from Fairfax egg bank and 2 made it to blastocyst, a third was close but did not make it. We chose to transfer both embryos and that transfer resulted in a live birth of fraternal twins at 31 weeks.
1 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Celeste Brabec at Reproductive Resource Center?
I only saw Dr. Brabec in person a few times but I found her to have an excellent balance between professionalism and being a compassionate nurturer. She was very confident which helped me feel the same way.
You might not get to see the doctor a lot, but she and the nursing staff are always looking out for you.
I felt like our goals were aligned from the beginning. It wasn't just "medical treatment" to them it was more like helping us attain a life goal.
We scheduled and started an IUI cycle before we had my final results for AMH and FSH. Although those two results and my follicular counts resulted in Dr. Brabec considering me not a candidate for IVF with my own eggs, we continued with the IUI cycle because it was already planned and paid for. It resulted in a negative pregnancy test so we immediately chose to start an egg donor IVF cycle. The doctor's rationale for recommending donor eggs was a combination of high FSH (18.8), low AMH (0.02) and low anterior follicular count (5 total). As well as my history of negative test after 12 months of trying "naturally" and 3 rounds of Clomid, 4 months of Metformin and 3 rounds of Femara. We received 8 eggs from Fairfax egg bank and 2 made it to blastocyst, a third was close but did not make it. We chose to transfer both embryos and that transfer resulted in a live birth of fraternal twins at 31 weeks.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Resource Center. (Assigned nurse: Marge Vogt)
Overall, I had an excellent experience with the nurses at RRC. The front desk staff was also filled with incredible people. I did have a few instances were I struggled with communication but I think that was mainly because I am a VERY strong self-advocate in the medical world and thrive on information and data. They took great care of me and answered all my questions.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Resource Center.
The clinic has and excellent online portal for patients. I loved having access to it and the messaging feature. The only weakness I ever saw can be attributed to just being busy and trying balance a lot of patients. Everything from protocol to the financial side of things was throughly explained and I considered this clinic and the staff very strong and reliable.
Estimating: I believe the IUI cycle was about $1,500 with medication. The IVF cycle was just under $10,000. That is just the transfer side because we used donor eggs, which were $15,000.
Dr. Brabec didn't give a recommendation for or against multiple embryo transfer. She asked what we wanted to do and supported it.

2013 - 2014
When I first met with her [Dr. Celeste Brabec], I was very nervous about starting my journey to becoming a single mother by choice. She instantly made me feel at ease and laid out my options in a very pragmatic fashion....Dr. Brabec honored my wishes and allowed me to continue attempting IUIs; I was never pressured to undergo IVF...Although I didn't see her on a frequent basis, I always had the sense that she would make herself available if needed/requested.
2013 - 2014
European, Latino
How was your experience with Celeste Brabec at Reproductive Resource Center?
Dr. Brabec is very knowledgeable and presents information in a confident, yet warm and empathetic manner. When I first met with her, I was very nervous about starting my journey to becoming a single mother by choice. She instantly made me feel at ease and laid out my options in a very pragmatic fashion. I underwent six IUIs and one IVF with fresh transfer before becoming pregnant and successfully delivering my daughter. Dr. Brabec gave me the outcome I had desired, even though the journey took longer than I had planned. Dr. Brabec honored my wishes and allowed me to continue attempting IUIs; I was never pressured to undergo IVF, although in hindsight, I wish I would have moved to IVF earlier in my journey. Dr. Brabec is in high-demand and for that reason nurse practitioners handle the majority of the office visits. All my IUIs were performed by a nurse. Dr. Brabec performed my IVF egg retrieval and fresh transfer. She was unavailable to perform the follow-up ultrasounds. Although I didn't see her on a frequent basis, I always had the sense that she would make herself available if needed/requested. Her nurses and staff are very competent, so I always felt that I was in good hands.
I would advise a prospective patient to be come to an office visit prepared with a list of questions/concerns. Dr. Brabec is in high-demand and the time a patient has with her is limited.
Dr. Brabec is a compassionate doctor who always took the time to explain treatments and protocol. The nurses and office staff were very welcoming and sensitive to the many emotions that result from the fertility journey.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Resource Center. (Assigned nurse: Marci Hodge)
The nursing staff were extremely compassionate, knowledgeable and trust-worthy.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Resource Center.
The clinic is very busy and at times that meant appointments not running on schedule. The office itself was very clean and well-maintained. The overall environment was warm and welcoming.
IVF with fresh transfer = $10,625 IVF with genetic testing + 1 frozen transfer = $14,533 Frozen transfer only = $2,558 Internal embryo biopsy = $2,500 The above prices exclude medications and external hospital fees.
Dr. Brabec strongly advocated to transfer two embryos.

3 IUI, 1 Embryo Freezing, IVF
While I apprecaite a candid and forthcoming doctor, I felt Dr. Brabec was not candid where it counted. She over medicated me putting me into OHSS during my egg retrival and then bluntly asked why I waited to start my embryo transfer. ... There was not customized approach for my treatment. ... Go somewhere else, especially if you are over 35. ... Follow-up from unsuccessful IVF was null, nobody [Reproductive Resource Center] seemed concerned and just pushed us to start the next cycle. ...
3 IUI, 1 Embryo Freezing, IVF
How was your experience with Celeste Brabec at Reproductive Resource Center?
While I apprecaite a candid and forthcoming doctor, I felt Dr. Brabec was not candid where it counted. She over medicated me putting me into OHSS during my egg retrival and then bluntly asked why I waited to start my embryo transfer. Did she not read my file? She doesn't take into consideration the impact to you as a human and to your body. She would consult with me and then pawn me off to the other doctor at her practice at the last minute. His success rates are lower than hers and something tells me she sends the people she doesn't think will do well to him.
Go somewhere else, especially if you are over 35.
There was not customized approach for my treatment. I was given a very large number for a success rate, but when compared to SART my chances were actually less than half. Follow-up from unsuccessful IVF was null, nobody seemed concerned and just pushed us to start the next cycle.
No specialized treatment, just pumps you full of drugs and sees what happens.
The nursing staff was pretty nice, but I was never sure who to talk to when. Nobody was really "assigned" but the nurses did really try their best.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Resource Center.
The hours for the most part were good, being at the hospital was convenient and their labs were pretty good. Wait time wasn't bad, the front office people are really nice. The finance woman is okay, so make sure you understand everything when you talk to her.
She will only transfer one at a time, it's their policy.
Overland Park

She [Dr. Brabec] can be a bit abrasive and her bedside manner isn’t the greatest. I have also witnessed her being short and rude (in my opinion) to nurses. She seems to know what she is doing, but could be more compassionate towards her patients. ... We have done every test I know of to come to the unexplained infertility diagnosis, which is discouraging. We have done 2 rounds of IUI, neither of which were successful using letrozole, trigger injection & progesterone.
How was your experience with Celeste Brabec at Reproductive Resource Center?
She can be a bit abrasive and her bedside manner isn’t the greatest. I have also witnessed her being short and rude (in my opinion) to nurses. She seems to know what she is doing, but could be more compassionate towards her patients.
Ask tons of questions and make sure you get the answers you are looking for before you leave the office.
The office is kind and respectful and I have never felt like just a number
It seems like you get a different nurse every time you visit the office, but they are all pretty excellent.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Resource Center.
The clinic is clean, private & a good atmosphere overall. You walk into the waiting room through a private door without windows, check in at the front desk and wait. Their lab is connected directly to the clinic so that is very nice and convenient as well.
Costs are significant and they usually want payment up front or will bill you immediately following for treatment. Luckily, we have great insurance that covers many of the procedures and tests. But, if we didn’t I’m not sure how we would afford treatment if at all.

Endometriosis, Unexplained
Celeste [Brabec] spoke candidly about my age and options. She explained what would happen and even when I didn’t understand, took the time to reassure me that she was part of this and would do everything she could to get success. She never promised it but seemed optimistic about our chances.... Our first IVF treatment was unsuccessful but she learned from it and put me on some vitamins and my husband as well to try to improve our chances on round 2. After those adjustments, we ended up getting pregnant it suffered a miscarriage at 8 weeks.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with Celeste Brabec at Reproductive Resource Center?
Celeste spoke candidly about my age and options. She explained what would happen and even when I didn’t understand, took the time to reassure me that she was part of this and would do everything she could to get success. She never promised it but seemed optimistic about our chances.
She talks very fast. She has a lot of information to share so it seems to come at you fast but don’t be afraid to ask questions after. Be prepared to take notes.
She made me feel like she cared just as much as I did that we’d be able to get pregnant. Like she was on our team.
Our first IVF treatment was unsuccessful but she learned from it and put me on some vitamins and my husband as well to try to improve our chances on round 2. After those adjustments, we ended up getting pregnant it suffered a miscarriage at 8 weeks. Since we had purchased a 2 cycle plan and had no frozen embryos, that was our last shot within our budget.
I would see various staff members throughout the process and all of them seemed aware of my cycle and were prepared to help.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Resource Center.
Since it’s located within the hospital, I liked the convenience of care. They even extended hours for bloodwork, etc when necessary. The retrieval and implantation area within the hospital literally seemed like a spa experience.
We purchased a 2 cycle IVF plan for $15,500. If neither were successful, we received half of it back. (Which was our case). Drugs totaled approximated $10,000
She chose to implant both embryos that had survived each time after 5 day’s. She explained that it gave us our best shot at a positive result.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
I felt like my doctor [Dr. Celeste Brabec] and nurses took the time to get to know me and my specific situation. In doing so they modified the plan to best fit our specific issues and responses to previous treatments...very good at describing specifics of my fertility prior to beginning our treatment. She was very straight forward with our chances. she was also able to show compassion and understanding when our IVF didn’t work out like we would have liked.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Celeste Brabec at Reproductive Resource Center?
Dr. Brabec was very good at describing specifics of my fertility prior to beginning our treatment. She was very straight forward with our chances. she was also able to show compassion and understanding when our IVF didn’t work out like we would have liked. We would recommend her to our family and friends and continue on our journey for our family with her clinic.
She is very open and honest. I’m sure some people can take offense to her bluntness. I found it refreshing.
I felt like my doctor and nurses took the time to get to know me and my specific situation. In doing so they modified the plan to best fit our specific issues and responses to previous treatments.
We used a leupron protocol- with good doses of follistim and menopur for our IVF cycle. In hopes of getting more eggs -due to my diminished ovarian reserve.
The nurse really get to know you -especially when you see them multiple times per week. I felt like they became just as invested in our journey as we were.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Resource Center.
I love all the staff at this clinic. I can’t say enough about the front desk schedulers who are awesome! To the wonderful nurses, who guide you through everything step by step. And the doctors guide everyone.
IVF 10,000 + medication cost of 5,000
Overland Park

She [Dr. Brabec] didn't spend much time with us. Just about 10ish minutes. The rest was done with the np... I felt like we were only a small patient to her so she didn't spend much time with us. It's hard to get to know someone in only 10 or so minutes. Since we were iui patients I didn't feel as important.... We did an iui. The nurse practitioner is who completed it all. They gave us letrozol and told me to use it on day 3 of my cycle. I also had dexamethasone.
How was your experience with Celeste Brabec at Reproductive Resource Center?
She's nice, but you don't always get to speak directly to her. I wish I could of had more time with her.
She didn't spend much time with us. Just about 10ish minutes. The rest was done with the np
We did an iui. The nurse practitioner is who completed it all. They gave us letrozol and told me to use it on day 3 of my cycle. I also had dexamethasone. Was told to take that the same time. (Later found out on our 2 cycle to take in on day one of menses but they never told me that not even the 2nd time) then on day 10-12 they had me come in for ultra sound. Said to take my hcg shot and come back on day 14 for iui.
They were helpful. They are actually who I spent a lot of time with.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Resource Center.
I didn't like how every time I came in I had a new nurse or nurse practitioner. Completely different than who I usually spoke to on the phone or even during the consult. It was very impersonal. It was hard to talk to someone new every time.
Iui was about 500 give or take per cycle
Overland Park

Dr. Brabec seems competent and caring. She didn't seemed rushed during the consultation, but seems a little rushed now when speaking with us now that we are patients. We live out of town and it's significant for us to drive to the clinic or take off work to do a phone consultation, so it can be dissapointing.... She seems rushed when speaking and explaining things to us. She does seem caring and competent though. She didn't change our treatment after a failed FET, but I scheduled a consultation and then she noticed things to change.
How was your experience with Celeste Brabec at Reproductive Resource Center?
She is a good doctor. Confirm info with nurse so you understand what she is saying. She talks fast and it can be difficult to keep up.
Caring staff. Dr. Brabec seems competent and caring. She didn't seemed rushed during the consultation, but seems a little rushed now when speaking with us now that we are patients. We live out of town and it's significant for us to drive to the clinic or take off work to do a phone consultation, so it can be dissapointing.
Antagonist protocol. 6 eggs retrieved resulting in 2 PGS tested normal embryos. First one failed and second was a chemical pregnancy. No rational was given to me that I can remember for the protocol.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Resource Center. (Assigned nurse: Cynthia)
Caring, competent.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Resource Center.
Caring staff, caring environment.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Reproductive Resource Center.
Monitoring is always in the morning, which isnt the most convenient for our schedule.There doesn't seem to be a line and seems to be well run.
We used Attain IVF Refund Program that cost about $21,000. Meds can be costly because they don't let you order from overseas.
She prefers 1 embryo transfer to reduce chance of multiples.
Overland Park

She [Dr. Brabec] cares about you and will spend a great deal of time going over what your best options are for success. She made me feel important and that she had my best interest in mind. She takes time with you and your family to go over all your options. She won't let you leave until you understand everything. You can ask as many questions as you would like and she doesn't rush you....My protocol was to have my tubes removed first then go through a FET cycle.
How was your experience with Celeste Brabec at Reproductive Resource Center?
She cares about you and will spend a great deal of time going over what your best options are for success. She made me feel important and that she had my best interest in mind. She takes time with you and your family to go over all your options. She won't let you leave until you understand everything. You can ask as many questions as you would like and she doesn't rush you.
Sit down with her and ask her as many questions as you want because she won't let you leave until they are all answered.
She spent hours with me discussing my options and what would be best for me. She even stayed afterhours to sit down with my whole family to go over everything.
My protocol was to have my tubes removed first then go through a FET cycle. I already had 4 embryos frozen so we implanted two. I feel like having my tubes removed first was what made this cycle successful.
All of nurses at her clinic are amazing!!!!!! Marci was the nurse I always ask all my questions to and she got right back to me. I felt like her nurses were family.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Resource Center.
Clinic strengths is that they care and they feel like family. You are important at that clinic. The doctor and nurses are caring and will help you understand what is best for you.
My FET cycle cost around 5,000
I wanted to have two embryos implanted because I knew I would have a greater chance of it working. One embryo survived.
Overland Park
We have only seen Dr. Brabec at our initial consult. Our Nurse Practitioner is our main contact. Doctor Brabec was very warm and took the time to explain our options. She was very optimistic! I feel that we would see her more if we were doing an IVF cycle. She has an amazing staff that truly personalizes our care...She is extremely knowledgable and very nice!..we felt comfortable starting with the least invasive treatment and Dr. Brabec supported us.
How was your experience with Celeste Brabec at Reproductive Resource Center?
She is extremely knowledgable and very nice!
Everyone in the office remembers our name and details about our lives. They are warm and welcoming each time we visit. The staff takes the time to fully explain treatment options and answer questions. We never feel pressured.
I don't remember specifics, but we felt comfortable starting with the least invasive treatment and Dr. Brabec supported us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Resource Center. (Assigned nurse: Ashley)
We love our nurses at RRC! They are so kind and work hard to meet our needs. We appreciate how often they communicate and how promptly they follow through.
Independence

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Dr. B[rabec] was very smart and knew everything there was to know about fertility . She wasn’t very sympathetic to me as a patient and our personal journey . I also Felt that she wanted to rush to IVF and not explore every option before that...Make sure that you wear your big girl pants . She is very smart and will do the latest and greatest treatment but won’t be very sympathetic to you as a person
European, Other
How was your experience with Celeste Brabec at Reproductive Resource Center?
Dr. B was very smart and knew everything there was to know about fertility . She wasn’t very sympathetic to me as a patient and our personal journey . I also Felt that she wanted to rush to IVF and not explore every option before that
The nurses were wonderful . They were kind and supportive . The doctor herself was very cut and dry and not understanding
They were amazing ! They were always there to give a hug and offer support
Describe your experience with Reproductive Resource Center.
The clinic is very organized and well managed . They make sure you are aware when you have appointments and where to go . They are friendly and do the very best job at helping you along the way. I would Highly recommend the clinic
2012 - 2018
She [Dr. Brabec] is extremely caring, personable, and very knowledgeable. We felt as though she had our best interest in mind at all times and made sure we were familiar with all steps of the procedures. Anytime we had questions or concerns, she was always willing to discuss them with us. ... All of the staff [Repro Resource Ctr] were very friendly, knew our names, and would constantly ask about things going on in our personal life.
2012 - 2018
How was your experience with Celeste Brabec at Reproductive Resource Center?
She is extremely caring, personable, and very knowledgeable. We felt as though she had our best interest in mind at all times and made sure we were familiar with all steps of the procedures. Anytime we had questions or concerns, she was always willing to discuss them with us.
To make sure you look ahead through your procedure calendar and ask any questions you have ahead of time. It can be stressful when you get to a certain point and you have a question when what you have to do has to be done on that day. Its good to ask as many questions up front that you can, of course, they are always willing to answer questions as they come up.
All of the staff were very friendly, knew our names, and would constantly ask about things going on in our personal life.
A lot of the staff has been through some sort of fertility treatments themselves in the past. This makes them able to relate very well to what you are going through.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Resource Center.
The clinic is very well known across the country. We were actually recommended to this clinic by a doctor we knew it Texas. They have won many awards as well. The clinic is very clean, organized, and they have all of the current equipment available to them to use.
Approximately 17,000 in total for the initial IVF with ICSI proceedure. The two frozen embryo transfers we did after that were approximately $4500 each time.

2014 - 2018
The only time I saw [Dr. Celeste Brabec] was at my consultation and she was warm and friendly. She went through my charts with me and was reassuring that she would help me get pregnant. She emphasized with me and I knew she was there to help...Letrozole, dexamethasone, metformin, trigger shot, IUI and progesterone...I live two hours away from the clinic and I was able to use my Dr at home for ultrasounds during the IUI process.
2014 - 2018
How was your experience with Celeste Brabec at Reproductive Resource Center?
The only time I saw Celest was at my consultation and she was warm and friendly. She went through my charts with me and was reassuring that she would help me get pregnant. She emphasized with me and I knew she was there to help.
The office staf new my name when I came in as well as the nurses always aware of my previous appointments.
Letrozole, dexamethasone, metformin, trigger shot, IUI and progesterone
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Resource Center. (Assigned nurse: JJ)
They were kind and always in communication.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Resource Center.
I live two hours away from the clinic and I was able to use my Dr at home for ultrasounds during the IUI process. Once I started speaking about IVF, there is not a lot of flexibility on time and that makes it really hard with a child and a 2 hr drive
Each IUI was around $500 after insurance. IVF was about $11000

IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
She [Dr. Brabec] is direct and to the point but had a compassionate demeanor. You trust she cares even though her information is thorough and direct. She offered as much time as we needed to fully understand what we were up against....Be prepared with questions. She will do her best to answer them. She won’t coddle or beat around the bush but will Offer knowledgeable answers....The clinic [Reproductive Resource Ctr] strongly suggests eSET.
IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Celeste Brabec at Reproductive Resource Center?
She is direct and to the point but had a compassionate demeanor. You trust she cares even though her information is thorough and direct. She offered as much time as we needed to fully understand what we were up against.
They were very delicate with some really bad news.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Resource Center.
They were very efficient and quick. The appointment didn’t take long to get. They were timely with the appointment. Everything was well communicated during our testing and results consultation. They had difficult news to give us but delivered it the best they could. They followed up so nicely with genuine care and concern.
General diagnostic costs. Bloodwork and ultrasound and sperm analysis. About $1500 total.
The clinic strongly suggests eSET.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Seemed nice and informed the few times we saw her [Dr. Brabec] bit we didn't see her much. Was compassionate, good listener, and answered questions. Had to wait a long time to see her. She did apologize for the wait.... She didn't recommend iui in my case but we wanted to atleast try it for cist reasons. she prescribed . 25 letrozole for days 3 through8. Triggered on day 9 or 10 or 11 depending on the follicular ultrasound results then progesterone through the end of the cycle.
How was your experience with Celeste Brabec at Reproductive Resource Center?
Seemed nice and informed the few times we saw her bit we didn't see her much. Was compassionate, good listener, and answered questions. Had to wait a long time to see her. She did apologize for the wait.
Don't mention you've done online research.
Valued my opinion. Didn't try to convince me to do anything I was uncomfortable with.
She didn't recommend iui in my case but we wanted to atleast try it for cist reasons. she prescribed . 25 letrozole for days 3 through8. Triggered on day 9 or 10 or 11 depending on the follicular ultrasound results then progesterone through the end of the cycle. She recommended dhea and coq10
Due to her pushiness sure didn't respond to our emotional needs.