Celia Dominguez

Honolulu
1319 Punahou Street
Honolulu, HI 96826
808-946-2226
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Celia Dominguez to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Pacific In Vitro Fertilization Institute to a friend?
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Immunological
Dr. Dominguez is different than the first two doctors I saw in that she approaches infertility holistically. There is definitely the traditional Western view on what kind of treatment (IVF, IUI) to pursue, but she also takes into consideration what is going on with your body in general, and how to heal it from the inside out. ... She's so knowledgeable and I can tell that when she is seeing me, she is trying to figure out the best course of action for me; no one else.
As I have only been to the clinic [Pacific IVF] once (I've seen Dr. D. at her private practice much more) I have nothing bad to say. The clinic has a large waiting room and from what I've heard, they can be busy and you may have to wait longer than expected. The good thing is that this clinic is open 7 days a week. ... The nursing staff is always friendly and informative.
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Immunological
How was your experience with Celia Dominguez at Pacific In Vitro Fertilization Institute?
Dr. Dominguez is different than the first two doctors I saw in that she approaches infertility holistically. There is definitely the traditional Western view on what kind of treatment (IVF, IUI) to pursue, but she also takes into consideration what is going on with your body in general, and how to heal it from the inside out. I have been a patient of Dr. Dominguez for about 5 months and I appreciate how honest she is with me. I've never felt like she was too busy to talk to me or answer my questions. She's so knowledgeable and I can tell that when she is seeing me, she is trying to figure out the best course of action for me; no one else.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Celia Dominguez at Pacific In Vitro Fertilization Institute?
Don't be intimidated! She's not a timid, quiet doctor. She says what is on her mind and what she thinks will be best for you. Don't get me wrong, she is very compassionate, but her main goal is to figure out what the issue is and fix it.
Describe the protocols Celia Dominguez used in your cycles at Pacific In Vitro Fertilization Institute and their degree of success.
So far, I have done a cycle with injectable meds in order to trigger ovulation. This would have been an IUI cycle, but she wanted to do a test called the Receptiva first. This test needs to be done at a certain point after ovulation, and since I do not regularly ovulate, I had to use injectables. She suggested this test after I had a failed FET with another doctor with an excellent quality embryo and an ERA test that showed I was receptive at the correct time. This Receptiva test shows if there is inflammation of the lining which can cause pain and failure to implant. Unfortunately, my test came back super positive (1.4 is considered positive and I had a 3.9) but for once, I finally had an answer as to why the FET may have failed and what was causing me such severe pain during that time.
The nursing staff is always friendly and informative.
Describe your experience with Pacific In Vitro Fertilization Institute.
As I have only been to the clinic once (I've seen Dr. D. at her private practice much more) I have nothing bad to say. The clinic has a large waiting room and from what I've heard, they can be busy and you may have to wait longer than expected. The good thing is that this clinic is open 7 days a week.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Celia Dominguez at Pacific In Vitro Fertilization Institute.
Currently, the cost has not been outrageous. Luckily for me, I have good insurance that covers most of the office visits (aside for a small copay) and some of the medication costs. We were quoted that an FET would run us around $5k plus the cost of meds due to the fact that that portion would not be covered under insurance.
Describe Celia Dominguez's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Pacific In Vitro Fertilization Institute.
We have not gotten to IVF yet, but because I do only have two frozen, I think we will only be doing one. Not sure on what her exact views on eSET are and how much input she takes from patients on this subject.
Celia Dominguez
Pacific In Vitro Fertilization Institute
Honolulu
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Celia Dominguez at Pacific In Vitro Fertilization Institute.