Shady Grove Fertility

Tampa
5016 West Cypress Street
Tampa, FL 33607
813-321-0146
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Celso Silva to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Shady Grove Fertility to a friend?
Anovulation, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Dr. Silva was a great Doctor however, because of they way the practice handled things it wasn’t a personal experience for me and I felt that I had to fight to see my doctor... Dr. Silva had an awesome bedside manner. He had a great way of calming me down. When he knew I was getting upset. I felt like he listened to me and took my input seriously. He always kept a positive outlook on my treatment...He was very aggressive with my treatments which is what I wanted.
Anovulation, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with Celso Silva at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Celso Silva at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Bring questions and a notebook. He gives very thorough advice and information.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Celso Silva at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Describe the protocols Celso Silva used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando and their degree of success.
He was very aggressive with my treatments which is what I wanted. He knew what medication would work for me and knew I didn’t want to waste time. I ended up responding better when he increased the dosage of my ovulation induction medication but unfortunately it ended in a loss of pregnancy very early on.
They nursing staff was ok. They didn’t always communicate and were very hard to reach when needed. They were always friendly but I received a lot of misleading information from them.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
They are unorganized and are more concerned about money than patient care. I don’t like the fact that every iui was done by a different physician so I felt like they didn’t know me or my history.the locations were pretty convenient but it was hard to get in to the preferred location when needed. Besides my doctor, the ultrasound tech was phenomenal. She got to know me pretty well over the years and was always comforting and kind. I never had any issues with check in or billing but I definitely think they need to focus more on their patient care!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Celso Silva at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
My insurance only covered office visits with a copay and monitoring. Over the course of my treatment I’ve paid roughly $13,000.00
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Orlando
2013
Anovulation, PCOS, Other
He [Dr. Silva] was very kind and explained our situation well. He checked me to see if I had a block from my previous surgeries...went up my cervix with a camera to check to see if there was any scar tissue blocking me from getting pregnant from my c-section. Next step was 3 IUIs, then to IVF. He thought there might be a blockage where the sperm cannot reach the egg...went through extensive details of why me and my husband might not be conceiving
2013
Anovulation, PCOS, Other
He was very nice and went through extensive details of why me and my husband might not be conceiving- we had my former OB who I did my Clomid and Letrozole treatments with and husbands sperm analysis send over her paper work. He went through each page with us, reading carefully. He checked my tubes during a office visit and then went up my cervix with a camera to check to see if there was any scar tissue blocking me from getting pregnant from my c-section. Next step was 3 IUIs, then to IVF. He thought there might be a blockage where the sperm cannot reach the egg. We didn’t continue treatment because of the out of pocket costs and traveling out of town missing work.
Nothing- he takes care of everything for you.
He was very kind and explained our situation well. He checked me to see if I had a block from my previous surgeries- C-section and when part of my cervix was removed during a cone biopsy.
I included this in a previous answer. He decided I had a possible blockage and needed to send the sperm closer to the egg try 3 cycles of IUI, then IVF. The mounting costs of all these procedures weighted heavy on our shoulders ontop of the drive to the clinics (45 minutes away) and missing work. My insurance doesn’t cover anything with fertility treatments
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
You have to prepay to even begin as an established patient before even being seen by the doctors, which isn’t what I was used to. The staff is however very friendly and helpful when you call or have any kind of questions.
Copays for diagnostic treatment. Then when I started rounds of IUI it was completely out of pocket and had to be paid before treatment was given. I would have to pay for medications, sonograms, sperm washing and handling and the actual treatment itself.
2013 - 2014
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Silva made me feel comfortable wen meeting with him. I didn't feel too rushed. He gave me tissues and time to cry when I became emotional. He did a pretty good job of explaining things. The only thing I didn't appreciate was always hearing about the IVF option. I knew it was an option but I wanted to try other methods first. He did not in any way pressure me to have IVF. However it was usually mentioned as an option in our meetings.
2013 - 2014
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Be comfortable to ask as many questions as you want. Seek clarification and understanding regarding any information givento you.
He did a good job of sitting down with me and my husband and explained things to us.
HSG Blood work Semen analysis for husband Prep body/ovaries, etc for IUI Vitamins for husband and I Ultrasounds to check ovaries, etc 1 round of IUI with negative for pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando. (Assigned nurse: Lauren Sanabria)
Lauren was wonderful! I always felt calm when speaking to her. She was thorough and answered calls and emails timely!
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Several locations which is great. Wish they had early morning hours and late hours for regular appointments.
Don't remember exactly but I believe it was reasonable. We paid mostly out of pocket.
Describe Celso Silva's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
He [Dr Celso Silva] is very honest and let's me have some control over my treatment. The staff is always friendly and supportive....He listens and talks to me like a normal person. Compassionate and really feels like he is part of your team...I have a main nurse for my doctor that communicates all my results. Sometimes I have other nurses for my ultrasounds or blood work but everyone is nice...[Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando's] Strengths- organized, everything has a place Weakness- can have a learning curve to learn the methods
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
He is very honest and let's me have some control over my treatment. The staff is always friendly and supportive.
Go to him if you want someone to be honest. He is considerate but tells the truth
Usually they try something 3 cycles in a row. They don't force unnecessary procedures and I can elect further testing
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando. (Assigned nurse: Evelyn)
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?