Medical SchoolBrazi
FellowshipU. of Pennsylvania
5016 West Cypress Street
Tampa, FL 33607
813-321-0146
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Celso Silva to a friend?

7.2

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Shady Grove Fertility to a friend?
We had an antagonist protocol [with Dr. Silva]. I did birth control pills to prime. Once we started stims, I was on agonal F and Menopur. Cetrotide was added later. I did a Lupron trigger. I ended up with 14 Mature Eggs, 13 fertilized, 6 day 5 Blasts and then 4 PGS normal...He really cares about his patients. He takes the time to explain everything, and he is present for all of the procedures and tests...has a great bedside manner. He also takes the time to listen during your appointment. I've never felt rushed. He also kept budget in kind when discussing treatment options. I really do not have any complaints with his care.
How was your experience with Celso Silva at Shady Grove Fertility?
He is awesome! He explains everything, he is there to answer your questions, and he has a great bedside manner. He also takes the time to listen during your appointment. I've never felt rushed. He also kept budget in kind when discussing treatment options. I really do not have any complaints with his care.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Celso Silva at Shady Grove Fertility?
Definitely go for treatments with him! He has your best interest at heart.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Celso Silva at Shady Grove Fertility?
Describe the protocols Celso Silva used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
We had an antagonist protocol. I did birth control pills to prime. Once we started stims, I was on agonal F and Menopur. Cetrotide was added later. I did a Lupron trigger. I ended up with 14 Mature Eggs, 13 fertilized, 6 day 5 Blasts and then 4 PGS normal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility.
Every person in this office has been incredibly caring, hard working and responsive. I've never had to track down test results because they call as soon as they can. They are prompt to return emails and calls if you have a question for them.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
I honestly do not have any complaints about Shady Grove. They have all been wonderful. Their hours are good and the location is easy to get to from where I live. Billing has always been on top of everything and ready to answer questions. Scheduling appointments has been an easy process.
I only checked other because when I started going there, i was given appointment times. Now they are trying out the monitering hours. The monitering hours are early, so I'm able to get in and out without being late for work.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Celso Silva at Shady Grove Fertility.
We were accepted into a program through Shadh Grove that reduced some of the out of pocket costs, so our IUI was $1,200.00 plus meds. We also opted to do the Shared Risk program, which is a multi cycle program that clocks in at $19,500. We opted to do PGS testing, which was an additional $5,000. The medication cost about $2,900.
Describe Celso Silva's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
We haven't done our embryo transfer yet.
Tampa

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Celso Silva at Shady Grove Fertility.

Dr. Silva treated us like normal human beings. He explained things thoroughly when it was obvious we didn’t know. He gave us several different options for treatment and ultimately left the decision up to us. He also explained programs offered to help financially with any of the treatments!... I will be completing another cycle for IUI and Dr. Silva will be changing medications used- different from Clomid and Ovidrel.
How was your experience with Celso Silva at Shady Grove Fertility?
Give Dr. Silva a shot before you try any other fertility doctor in the Tampa Bay Area. There’s a good chance it’ll be worth it.
So far my husband and I have only met with Dr. Silva for our initial consultation. He spent an hour with us going over health records and previous treatment plan. He immediately changed the action plan and provided explanations as to why. He stopped by to say goodbye to us and his office has been in touch with me since giving me details on the action plan and what to do next. We genuinely feel they are there to help.
I have not started treatments with Dr. Silva just yet but next month I will be completing another cycle for IUI and Dr. Silva will be changing medications used- different from Clomid and Ovidrel.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Rebecca)
My primary nurse at Shady Grove has been amazing so far. She spent time going over everything after the consultation with the doctor and help set me up on the online portal. She communicates with me often and has assured me I can call her anytime with questions.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
The staff, including doctor and nurses, are kind and compassionate. They explain things and genuinely seem like they want to help you. IVF is also less expensive than my previous facility. IUIs however are more expensive, so I’d say that’s the only weekends I can give them at this point
One IUI is $1,600. This includes ultrasounds and procedure but not medications. One round of IVF is $10,500. Medications and freezing of the eggs are additional cost. You can pay more to have this included... there are options! There are also different options for financial assistance if needed.

Anovulation, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Dr. Silva was a great Doctor however, because of they way the practice handled things it wasn’t a personal experience for me and I felt that I had to fight to see my doctor... Dr. Silva had an awesome bedside manner. He had a great way of calming me down. When he knew I was getting upset. I felt like he listened to me and took my input seriously. He always kept a positive outlook on my treatment...He was very aggressive with my treatments which is what I wanted.
Anovulation, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with Celso Silva at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Celso Silva at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Bring questions and a notebook. He gives very thorough advice and information.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Celso Silva at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Describe the protocols Celso Silva used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando and their degree of success.
He was very aggressive with my treatments which is what I wanted. He knew what medication would work for me and knew I didn’t want to waste time. I ended up responding better when he increased the dosage of my ovulation induction medication but unfortunately it ended in a loss of pregnancy very early on.
They nursing staff was ok. They didn’t always communicate and were very hard to reach when needed. They were always friendly but I received a lot of misleading information from them.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
They are unorganized and are more concerned about money than patient care. I don’t like the fact that every iui was done by a different physician so I felt like they didn’t know me or my history.the locations were pretty convenient but it was hard to get in to the preferred location when needed. Besides my doctor, the ultrasound tech was phenomenal. She got to know me pretty well over the years and was always comforting and kind. I never had any issues with check in or billing but I definitely think they need to focus more on their patient care!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Celso Silva at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
My insurance only covered office visits with a copay and monitoring. Over the course of my treatment I’ve paid roughly $13,000.00
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Orlando

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Celso Silva at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.

2013
Anovulation, PCOS, Other
He [Dr. Silva] was very kind and explained our situation well. He checked me to see if I had a block from my previous surgeries...went up my cervix with a camera to check to see if there was any scar tissue blocking me from getting pregnant from my c-section. Next step was 3 IUIs, then to IVF. He thought there might be a blockage where the sperm cannot reach the egg...went through extensive details of why me and my husband might not be conceiving
2013
Anovulation, PCOS, Other
He was very nice and went through extensive details of why me and my husband might not be conceiving- we had my former OB who I did my Clomid and Letrozole treatments with and husbands sperm analysis send over her paper work. He went through each page with us, reading carefully. He checked my tubes during a office visit and then went up my cervix with a camera to check to see if there was any scar tissue blocking me from getting pregnant from my c-section. Next step was 3 IUIs, then to IVF. He thought there might be a blockage where the sperm cannot reach the egg. We didn’t continue treatment because of the out of pocket costs and traveling out of town missing work.
Nothing- he takes care of everything for you.
He was very kind and explained our situation well. He checked me to see if I had a block from my previous surgeries- C-section and when part of my cervix was removed during a cone biopsy.
I included this in a previous answer. He decided I had a possible blockage and needed to send the sperm closer to the egg try 3 cycles of IUI, then IVF. The mounting costs of all these procedures weighted heavy on our shoulders ontop of the drive to the clinics (45 minutes away) and missing work. My insurance doesn’t cover anything with fertility treatments
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
You have to prepay to even begin as an established patient before even being seen by the doctors, which isn’t what I was used to. The staff is however very friendly and helpful when you call or have any kind of questions.
Copays for diagnostic treatment. Then when I started rounds of IUI it was completely out of pocket and had to be paid before treatment was given. I would have to pay for medications, sonograms, sperm washing and handling and the actual treatment itself.
Celebration

Dr. Silva was very good at explaining our situation and making sure we knew exactly what we were doing before making any final decisions...Femara, ovidrel, donor sperm and iui. First iui was successful. I now have a beautiful 4 month old son...he sat down in his office and never felt rushed, he helped find a path that others never did. He appeared to care about us as individuals...
His nurses were amazing and compassionate, so was Dr. Silva. All made sure questions were answered quickly and fully. They understood or appeared to be concerned about what you were going through. Dr. Silva was very good at explaining our situation and making sure we knew exactly what we were doing before making any final decisions.
Be open about what your expectations are and what your plans are.
Human because he sat down in his office and never felt rushed, he helped find a path that others never did. He appeared to care about us as individuals.
Fantastic. Compassionate. And very timely to answer questions.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
I went to a couple different offices to see the physicians and they are all good. I felt like the celebration office lacked the most at the front desk position. Girls didnt acknowledge you when you entered. Weren't very friendly.
I'm not 100% but I think in total between 1500$ and 2500$ out of pocket. That's meds, labs, procedures, iui, donor sperm, storage.
Orlando
2013 - 2014
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Silva made me feel comfortable wen meeting with him. I didn't feel too rushed. He gave me tissues and time to cry when I became emotional. He did a pretty good job of explaining things. The only thing I didn't appreciate was always hearing about the IVF option. I knew it was an option but I wanted to try other methods first. He did not in any way pressure me to have IVF. However it was usually mentioned as an option in our meetings.
2013 - 2014
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Be comfortable to ask as many questions as you want. Seek clarification and understanding regarding any information givento you.
He did a good job of sitting down with me and my husband and explained things to us.
HSG Blood work Semen analysis for husband Prep body/ovaries, etc for IUI Vitamins for husband and I Ultrasounds to check ovaries, etc 1 round of IUI with negative for pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando. (Assigned nurse: Lauren Sanabria)
Lauren was wonderful! I always felt calm when speaking to her. She was thorough and answered calls and emails timely!
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Several locations which is great. Wish they had early morning hours and late hours for regular appointments.
Don't remember exactly but I believe it was reasonable. We paid mostly out of pocket.
Describe Celso Silva's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.

Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
He [Dr Celso Silva] is very honest and let's me have some control over my treatment. The staff is always friendly and supportive....He listens and talks to me like a normal person. Compassionate and really feels like he is part of your team...I have a main nurse for my doctor that communicates all my results. Sometimes I have other nurses for my ultrasounds or blood work but everyone is nice...[Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando's] Strengths- organized, everything has a place Weakness- can have a learning curve to learn the methods
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
He is very honest and let's me have some control over my treatment. The staff is always friendly and supportive.
Go to him if you want someone to be honest. He is considerate but tells the truth
Usually they try something 3 cycles in a row. They don't force unnecessary procedures and I can elect further testing
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando. (Assigned nurse: Evelyn)
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?

Poor Egg Quality, Other
both my husband and I feel confident with our choice to work with Dr. Silva for this cycle...Due to a genetic condition, all of my day 5 blastocysts will go through genetic testing. Therefore, if any are viable, I will only transfer one at a time...takes his time with each appointment to truly talk to his patients...has a way about him that makes you feel completely calm and confident each time you meet with him. He is trustworthy and compassionate. Dr. Silva takes his tome at each appointment and makes sure you leave with all questions answered.
Poor Egg Quality, Other
How was your experience with Celso Silva at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Silva has a way about him that makes you feel completely calm and confident each time you meet with him. He is trustworthy and compassionate. Dr. Silva takes his tome at each appointment and makes sure you leave with all questions answered.
Stay calm and trust Dr. Silva. You are in great hands!
Dr. Silva takes his time with each appointment to truly talk to his patients. He. Likes to get to know you and your partner as a couple.
I am just starting with Dr. Silva after 2 failed cycles with a different IVF doctor. We haven’t started treatments yet, but both my husband and I feel confident with our choice to work with Dr. Silva for this cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Michelle)
Nursing staff and coordinator at Shady Grove in Tampa are very responsive and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Shady Grove is a new facility in Tampa, FL. It is clean, organized, and makes you feel comfortable. Each and every staff member greets you with an ear to ear smile. Each and every one of them helps get their patients through such a trying time in their lives and makes it the best experience possible.
Shady Grove has a number of packages to choose from and they work with you financially to make this experience as easy as possible.