9.7

Celso Silva works at

5016 West Cypress Street
Tampa, FL 33607
813-321-0146

Dr. Silva prescribed an antagonist protocol with OCPs to prime...has been extremely caring and compassionate throughout our time with SGF. We went from an unexplained infertility diagnosis and a plan of trying a few IUIs to requiring IVF with PGT-M to avoid passing down a genetic disease. While it was devastating to find out that my husband and I are both carriers, Dr. Silva explained the diagnosis, our options, and came up with a treatment plan that made us both feel empowered and excited to move forward with the goal of a healthy baby.
My main nurse [at Shady Grove] is Emily and she is absolutely fantastic! Even though I'm sure she has multiple patients, I always feel like I am a priority. Her communication skills are excellent, whether it's through a portal message or a phone call she is always quick to respond and on top of whatever needs to be done. As a type-A, extremely organized person I'm so glad to have her on my team!!
How was your experience with Celso Silva at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Silva has been extremely caring and compassionate throughout our time with SGF. We went from an unexplained infertility diagnosis and a plan of trying a few IUIs to requiring IVF with PGT-M to avoid passing down a genetic disease. While it was devastating to find out that my husband and I are both carriers, Dr. Silva explained the diagnosis, our options, and came up with a treatment plan that made us both feel empowered and excited to move forward with the goal of a healthy baby.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Celso Silva at Shady Grove Fertility?
Everyone in the clinic from the front desk, to the phlebotomist, to my nurse and doctor always greeted me by name at every visit. In a busy clinic, that means a lot.
Describe the protocols Celso Silva used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
Dr. Silva prescribed an antagonist protocol with OCPs to prime.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Emily)
My main nurse is Emily and she is absolutely fantastic! Even though I'm sure she has multiple patients, I always feel like I am a priority. Her communication skills are excellent, whether it's through a portal message or a phone call she is always quick to respond and on top of whatever needs to be done. As a type-A, extremely organized person I'm so glad to have her on my team!!
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
I switched to SGF from another clinic in the area and I am extremely pleased with every aspect of the care I have received here. The only complaint I have is how long it took to get in for a consult. Even that is a strength though, since it speaks to how good the clinic is.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Celso Silva at Shady Grove Fertility.
We are 100% out of pocket. We chose to participate in the Shared Risk program.
Brandon
2018 - 2020, Unknown Success
he [Dr. Silva] was very personable and very thorough. He made sure we were always comfortable with what was going on. He called us personally to check in. We never felt rushed out of his office and took his time to describe everything to us. ... had to have my right Fallopian tube removed as well as a d&c, then they started my protocol for my egg retrieval. I got 20 eggs, 16 embryos and 10 tested PGS normal. I have had 1 FET that failed and now I am waiting for the state to open non essential procedures back up before I can start my second FET
Wonderful place to go [Shady Grove Fertility], I have no complaints at all and have appreciated every step of the process so far. Sometimes I did have to wait a while to get me in but it wasn't tooo long. They were pretty backed up the morning of my first FET, but it was unpredictable. ... they [nursing staff] all took their time with us. Made sure we understood everything and were comfortable with everything that they were doing. One had even been through the process herself and knew what we were going through which was nice.
How was your experience with Celso Silva at Shady Grove Fertility?
Same as before, he was very personable and very thorough. He made sure we were always comfortable with what was going on. He called us personally to check in. We never felt rushed out of his office and took his time to describe everything to us.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Celso Silva at Shady Grove Fertility?
Nothing! Trust the process and trust your doctors
He always took the time to explain things, draw pictures, asked if we had any questions and personally called us to make sure we were all on the same page.
I had to have my right Fallopian tube removed as well as a d&c, then they started my protocol for my egg retrieval. I got 20 eggs, 16 embryos and 10 tested PGS normal. I have had 1 FET that failed and now I am waiting for the state to open non essential procedures back up before I can start my second FET
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Shady Grove Fertility.
As with Dr. SIlva, they all took their time with us. Made sure we understood everything and were comfortable with everything that they were doing. One had even been through the process herself and knew what we were going through which was nice.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Wonderful place to go, I have no complaints at all and have appreciated every step of the process so far. Sometimes I did have to wait a while to get me in but it wasn't tooo long. They were pretty backed up the morning of my first FET, but it was unpredictable.
I dont really remember much
Describe Celso Silva's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
We did a single because of the PGS testing, however we havent discussed if we will do one or two next time
Tampa Westshore

Dr. Silva treated us like normal human beings. He explained things thoroughly when it was obvious we didn’t know. He gave us several different options for treatment and ultimately left the decision up to us. He also explained programs offered to help financially with any of the treatments!... I will be completing another cycle for IUI and Dr. Silva will be changing medications used- different from Clomid and Ovidrel.
My primary nurse at Shady Grove has been amazing so far. She spent time going over everything after the consultation with the doctor and help set me up on the online portal. She communicates with me often and has assured me I can call her anytime with questions.... The staff, including doctor and nurses, are kind and compassionate. They explain things and genuinely seem like they want to help you. IVF is also less expensive than my previous facility. IUIs however are more expensive, so I’d say that’s the only weekends I can give them at this point
How was your experience with Celso Silva at Shady Grove Fertility?
Give Dr. Silva a shot before you try any other fertility doctor in the Tampa Bay Area. There’s a good chance it’ll be worth it.
So far my husband and I have only met with Dr. Silva for our initial consultation. He spent an hour with us going over health records and previous treatment plan. He immediately changed the action plan and provided explanations as to why. He stopped by to say goodbye to us and his office has been in touch with me since giving me details on the action plan and what to do next. We genuinely feel they are there to help.
I have not started treatments with Dr. Silva just yet but next month I will be completing another cycle for IUI and Dr. Silva will be changing medications used- different from Clomid and Ovidrel.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Rebecca)
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
One IUI is $1,600. This includes ultrasounds and procedure but not medications. One round of IVF is $10,500. Medications and freezing of the eggs are additional cost. You can pay more to have this included... there are options! There are also different options for financial assistance if needed.
Tampa Westshore

We had an antagonist protocol [with Dr. Silva]. I did birth control pills to prime. Once we started stims, I was on agonal F and Menopur. Cetrotide was added later. I did a Lupron trigger. I ended up with 14 Mature Eggs, 13 fertilized, 6 day 5 Blasts and then 4 PGS normal...He really cares about his patients. He takes the time to explain everything, and he is present for all of the procedures and tests...has a great bedside manner. He also takes the time to listen during your appointment. I've never felt rushed. He also kept budget in kind when discussing treatment options. I really do not have any complaints with his care.
Every person in this office [Shady Grove Fertility] has been incredibly caring, hard working and responsive. I've never had to track down test results because they call as soon as they can. They are prompt to return emails and calls if you have a question for them...The monitering hours are early, so I'm able to get in and out without being late for work...We were accepted into a program through Shadh Grove that reduced some of the out of pocket costs, so our IUI was $1,200.00 plus meds. We also opted to do the Shared Risk program, which is a multi cycle program that clocks in at $19,500. We opted to do PGS testing, which was an additional $5,000. The medication cost about $2,900.
How was your experience with Celso Silva at Shady Grove Fertility?
He is awesome! He explains everything, he is there to answer your questions, and he has a great bedside manner. He also takes the time to listen during your appointment. I've never felt rushed. He also kept budget in kind when discussing treatment options. I really do not have any complaints with his care.
Definitely go for treatments with him! He has your best interest at heart.
We had an antagonist protocol. I did birth control pills to prime. Once we started stims, I was on agonal F and Menopur. Cetrotide was added later. I did a Lupron trigger. I ended up with 14 Mature Eggs, 13 fertilized, 6 day 5 Blasts and then 4 PGS normal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility.
Every person in this office has been incredibly caring, hard working and responsive. I've never had to track down test results because they call as soon as they can. They are prompt to return emails and calls if you have a question for them.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
I honestly do not have any complaints about Shady Grove. They have all been wonderful. Their hours are good and the location is easy to get to from where I live. Billing has always been on top of everything and ready to answer questions. Scheduling appointments has been an easy process.
I only checked other because when I started going there, i was given appointment times. Now they are trying out the monitering hours. The monitering hours are early, so I'm able to get in and out without being late for work.
We haven't done our embryo transfer yet.
Tampa Westshore

Dr.Silva is very patient and kind, great bedside manner. Very informative and helpful with explaining treatment and answering questions. He really puts you at ease, you leave the appointments feeling in control...Have all of your questions prepared, he will go through everyone with you!... is very personable and knowledgeable. He has an awesome bedside manner and really takes the time to answer any questions and make sure you understand treatment and protocol in place.
the entire nursing care team [at Shady Grove Fertility] is remarkable. They feel like true friends, very invested in my care and treatment plan. They all take the time to say hello and answer any questions whenever I'm in the building, they never rush you...[monitoring is a] Well oiled machine, generally be in the office between 7:30-9am. Very convenient with my schedule...The staff is amazing, I dont think they have a single weakness. They are friendly, patient, and knowledgeable. They genuinely care about each and every patients success. Love each and everyone on the care team.
How was your experience with Celso Silva at Shady Grove Fertility?
Have all of your questions prepared, he will go through everyone with you!
Dr. Silva is very personable and knowledgeable. He has an awesome bedside manner and really takes the time to answer any questions and make sure you understand treatment and protocol in place.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Cortney White )
Amazing, the entire nursing care team is remarkable. They feel like true friends, very invested in my care and treatment plan. They all take the time to say hello and answer any questions whenever I'm in the building, they never rush you.
Tampa Westshore
Celso Silva was very nice and always explained the next steps in the procedure. I appreciated his bedside manner. The only thing I wish was he did everything. He did not. We saw his partner and nurses a lot but it's understandable its a growing clinic...He knew us by name and always checked in on us...He's super open and honest and willing to help you any way he can...Agonist Protocol Menopur 75 and then 150 Gonal F 150 Centroide...
Stephanie [nurse at Shady Grove Fertility] is amazing. We are a same-sex couple doing RIVF and she was super helpful staying on top of medicines and tracking our cycle...They are new to Tampa but they are backed by SGF's research and guarantees which is nice...One embryo only due to our age...Agonist Protocol Menopur 75 and then 150 Gonal F 150 Centroide....
How was your experience with Celso Silva at Shady Grove Fertility?
Go! He's super open and honest and willing to help you any way he can.
He knew us by name and always checked in on us.
Agonist Protocol Menopur 75 and then 150 Gonal F 150 Centroide
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie)
Stephanie is amazing. We are a same-sex couple doing RIVF and she was super helpful staying on top of medicines and tracking our cycle.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Strength- They are new to Tampa but they are backed by SGF's research and guarantees which is nice. Weaknesses-They are new and we don't always see Dr. Silva but he try to always follow up and reach out when need be.
18000+
One embryo only due to our age.

2019, Consult
both my husband and I feel confident with our choice to work with Dr. Silva for this cycle...Due to a genetic condition, all of my day 5 blastocysts will go through genetic testing. Therefore, if any are viable, I will only transfer one at a time...takes his time with each appointment to truly talk to his patients...has a way about him that makes you feel completely calm and confident each time you meet with him. He is trustworthy and compassionate. Dr. Silva takes his tome at each appointment and makes sure you leave with all questions answered.
hady Grove has a number of packages to choose from and they work with you financially to make this experience as easy as possible...is a new facility in Tampa, FL. It is clean, organized, and makes you feel comfortable. Each and every staff member greets you with an ear to ear smile. Each and every one of them helps get their patients through such a trying time in their lives and makes it the best experience possible.
How was your experience with Celso Silva at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Silva has a way about him that makes you feel completely calm and confident each time you meet with him. He is trustworthy and compassionate. Dr. Silva takes his tome at each appointment and makes sure you leave with all questions answered.
Stay calm and trust Dr. Silva. You are in great hands!
Dr. Silva takes his time with each appointment to truly talk to his patients. He. Likes to get to know you and your partner as a couple.
I am just starting with Dr. Silva after 2 failed cycles with a different IVF doctor. We haven’t started treatments yet, but both my husband and I feel confident with our choice to work with Dr. Silva for this cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Michelle)
Nursing staff and coordinator at Shady Grove in Tampa are very responsive and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Shady Grove is a new facility in Tampa, FL. It is clean, organized, and makes you feel comfortable. Each and every staff member greets you with an ear to ear smile. Each and every one of them helps get their patients through such a trying time in their lives and makes it the best experience possible.
Shady Grove has a number of packages to choose from and they work with you financially to make this experience as easy as possible.
Tampa Westshore

My husband and I are given plenty of time to ask questions in consult [with Shady Grove Fertility]...I truly feel that Dr. Silva cares. He gives plenty of time to ask questions and is very clear that ultimately the treatment choice is up to us. He is very thorough in explaining what is happening and what to expect. He also calls when there is a negative pregnancy test...First round of IUI was 5 mg letrozole plus Ovidrel for trigger and Endometrin for progesterone. They usually prescribe something else for progesterone that is less expensive but I have a peanut allergy and it had peanuts in it. Second IUI increased letrozole to 7.5 mg and added estradiol orally to thicken uterine lining. Third IUI same as second except estradiol taken vaginally instead of orally.
The clinic [Shady Grove Fertility] is great, nice facility, very friendly and helpful staff. The only drawback is I believe they are very busy so it may be difficult to get an appointment as a new patient. The location of the clinic is also very convenient, it is located in a prime business area and I am able to walk there from my work...My husband and I are given plenty of time to ask questions in consult. Plus most staff know my name and always treat me like a valued person.
How was your experience with Celso Silva at Shady Grove Fertility?
Be sure to ask any question of any staff at any time. I’ve seen that they are all very responsive.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Michelle - coordinator. Nurse is Emily.)
Very responsive - there is an online portal to communicate and answers come back usually within 24 hours. The only drawback is sometimes it is not your nurse responding..
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
The clinic is great, nice facility, very friendly and helpful staff. The only drawback is I believe they are very busy so it may be difficult to get an appointment as a new patient. The location of the clinic is also very convenient, it is located in a prime business area and I am able to walk there from my work.
Are you are a procedure was around $2000 per cycle. Medications for each cycle or around $200-$300.
Not applicable
What specific things went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
When detail is that when I started as a new patient, I told him I had a peanut allergy. However when I was prescribed for progesterone supplement, it has peanuts in it, so I had to go back to them and ask for a different medication.

2015 - 2017, Unsuccessful
Dr. Silva was a great Doctor however, because of they way the practice handled things it wasn’t a personal experience for me and I felt that I had to fight to see my doctor... Dr. Silva had an awesome bedside manner. He had a great way of calming me down. When he knew I was getting upset. I felt like he listened to me and took my input seriously. He always kept a positive outlook on my treatment...He was very aggressive with my treatments which is what I wanted.
They [Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando] are unorganized and are more concerned about money than patient care. I don’t like the fact that every iui was done by a different physician so I felt like they didn’t know me or my history.the locations were pretty convenient but it was hard to get in to the preferred location when needed. Besides my doctor, the ultrasound tech was phenomenal....They nursing staff was ok. They didn’t always communicate and were very hard to reach when needed.
How was your experience with Celso Silva at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Celso Silva at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Bring questions and a notebook. He gives very thorough advice and information.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Celso Silva at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Describe the protocols Celso Silva used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando and their degree of success.
He was very aggressive with my treatments which is what I wanted. He knew what medication would work for me and knew I didn’t want to waste time. I ended up responding better when he increased the dosage of my ovulation induction medication but unfortunately it ended in a loss of pregnancy very early on.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
They nursing staff was ok. They didn’t always communicate and were very hard to reach when needed. They were always friendly but I received a lot of misleading information from them.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
They are unorganized and are more concerned about money than patient care. I don’t like the fact that every iui was done by a different physician so I felt like they didn’t know me or my history.the locations were pretty convenient but it was hard to get in to the preferred location when needed. Besides my doctor, the ultrasound tech was phenomenal. She got to know me pretty well over the years and was always comforting and kind. I never had any issues with check in or billing but I definitely think they need to focus more on their patient care!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Celso Silva at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
My insurance only covered office visits with a copay and monitoring. Over the course of my treatment I’ve paid roughly $13,000.00
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
There were multiple times that I was not notified of specific instructions on medication administration. I had a few times where my results were not sent to me in a timely manner as well as needing to cancel an iui cycle because they prescribed the wrong medication.
Orlando
Dr. Silva was very good at explaining our situation and making sure we knew exactly what we were doing before making any final decisions...Femara, ovidrel, donor sperm and iui. First iui was successful. I now have a beautiful 4 month old son...he sat down in his office and never felt rushed, he helped find a path that others never did. He appeared to care about us as individuals...
I went to a couple different offices to see the physicians [at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando] and they are all good. I felt like the celebration office lacked the most at the front desk position. Girls didnt acknowledge you when you entered. Weren't very friendly...[nurses were] Fantastic. Compassionate. And very timely to answer questions...Dr. Silva was very good at explaining our situation and making sure we knew exactly what we were doing before making any final decisions
His nurses were amazing and compassionate, so was Dr. Silva. All made sure questions were answered quickly and fully. They understood or appeared to be concerned about what you were going through. Dr. Silva was very good at explaining our situation and making sure we knew exactly what we were doing before making any final decisions.
Be open about what your expectations are and what your plans are.
Human because he sat down in his office and never felt rushed, he helped find a path that others never did. He appeared to care about us as individuals.
Fantastic. Compassionate. And very timely to answer questions.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
I went to a couple different offices to see the physicians and they are all good. I felt like the celebration office lacked the most at the front desk position. Girls didnt acknowledge you when you entered. Weren't very friendly.
I'm not 100% but I think in total between 1500$ and 2500$ out of pocket. That's meds, labs, procedures, iui, donor sperm, storage.
Orlando
2014 - 2016, Unknown Success
He [Dr Celso Silva] is very honest and let's me have some control over my treatment. The staff is always friendly and supportive....He listens and talks to me like a normal person. Compassionate and really feels like he is part of your team...I have a main nurse for my doctor that communicates all my results. Sometimes I have other nurses for my ultrasounds or blood work but everyone is nice...[Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando's] Strengths- organized, everything has a place Weakness- can have a learning curve to learn the methods
He is very honest and let's me have some control over my treatment. The staff is always friendly and supportive.
Go to him if you want someone to be honest. He is considerate but tells the truth
Usually they try something 3 cycles in a row. They don't force unnecessary procedures and I can elect further testing
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando. (Assigned nurse: Evelyn)
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
One time I got conflicting results about taking a supplement. It was minor

2013 - 2014, Unsuccessful
Dr. Silva made me feel comfortable wen meeting with him. I didn't feel too rushed. He gave me tissues and time to cry when I became emotional. He did a pretty good job of explaining things. The only thing I didn't appreciate was always hearing about the IVF option. I knew it was an option but I wanted to try other methods first. He did not in any way pressure me to have IVF. However it was usually mentioned as an option in our meetings.
Lauren [a nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando] was wonderful! I always felt calm when speaking to her. She was thorough and answered calls and emails timely!.... Several locations which is great. Wish they had early morning hours and late hours for regular appointments.... HSG Blood work Semen analysis for husband Prep body/ovaries, etc for IUI Vitamins for husband and I Ultrasounds to check ovaries, etc 1 round of IUI with negative for pregnancy.
Be comfortable to ask as many questions as you want. Seek clarification and understanding regarding any information givento you.
He did a good job of sitting down with me and my husband and explained things to us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando. (Assigned nurse: Lauren Sanabria)
Lauren was wonderful! I always felt calm when speaking to her. She was thorough and answered calls and emails timely!
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Don't remember exactly but I believe it was reasonable. We paid mostly out of pocket.
Describe Celso Silva's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.

2013, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. Silva] was very kind and explained our situation well. He checked me to see if I had a block from my previous surgeries...went up my cervix with a camera to check to see if there was any scar tissue blocking me from getting pregnant from my c-section. Next step was 3 IUIs, then to IVF. He thought there might be a blockage where the sperm cannot reach the egg...went through extensive details of why me and my husband might not be conceiving
You have to prepay to even begin as an established patient [at Center for Reproductive Medicine] before even being seen by the doctors, which isn’t what I was used to. The staff is however very friendly and helpful when you call or have any kind of questions...He [Dr. Celso Silva] decided I had a possible blockage and needed to send the sperm closer to the egg try 3 cycles of IUI, then IVF...He was very kind and explained our situation well.
He was very nice and went through extensive details of why me and my husband might not be conceiving- we had my former OB who I did my Clomid and Letrozole treatments with and husbands sperm analysis send over her paper work. He went through each page with us, reading carefully. He checked my tubes during a office visit and then went up my cervix with a camera to check to see if there was any scar tissue blocking me from getting pregnant from my c-section. Next step was 3 IUIs, then to IVF. He thought there might be a blockage where the sperm cannot reach the egg. We didn’t continue treatment because of the out of pocket costs and traveling out of town missing work.
Nothing- he takes care of everything for you.
He was very kind and explained our situation well. He checked me to see if I had a block from my previous surgeries- C-section and when part of my cervix was removed during a cone biopsy.
I included this in a previous answer. He decided I had a possible blockage and needed to send the sperm closer to the egg try 3 cycles of IUI, then IVF. The mounting costs of all these procedures weighted heavy on our shoulders ontop of the drive to the clinics (45 minutes away) and missing work. My insurance doesn’t cover anything with fertility treatments
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
You have to prepay to even begin as an established patient before even being seen by the doctors, which isn’t what I was used to. The staff is however very friendly and helpful when you call or have any kind of questions.
Copays for diagnostic treatment. Then when I started rounds of IUI it was completely out of pocket and had to be paid before treatment was given. I would have to pay for medications, sonograms, sperm washing and handling and the actual treatment itself.