Ohio Reproductive Medicine

Nurse available by direct lineNot available by cell phone
Medical SchoolU. of Chicago
ResidencyOhio St
FellowshipOhio St
4830 Knightsbridge Blvd.
Columbus, OH 43214
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Chad Friedman to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Ohio Reproductive Medicine to a friend?
Dr. Friedman was a very nice person. He seemed very invested in what he was doing, but he was on his way out (retiring) when we saw him. I felt like he skipped a lot of tests. The first day we saw him he ordered a blood test to check my thyroid (because I pushed for it) and did a transvaginal ultrasound. I had already had my FSH and LH checked at my PCP's office. From those 2 tests he ordered he suggested we start IUI. After 4 unsuccessful rounds of IUI and a lot of my own research, I feel like there is a lot of testing that should have been done before jumping right to IUI.
How was your experience with Chad Friedman at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Chad Friedman at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
Do your own research and ask lots of questions.
Describe the protocols Chad Friedman used in your cycles at Ohio Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
For my first 2 rounds of IUI I was on femara/letrozole and went into the office around CD 12 for a trasvaginal ultrasound. That evening I would be given an HCG shot to trigger ovulation and then go in 36 hours later for the insemination. The third round of IUI Dr. Friedman wanted to do the same course of treatment, even after the first 2 failed. I pushed for more aggressive treatment. That is when he prescribed femara/letrozole as before, but also added a few doses of follistim injectables. I then went in a little earlier for a transvaginal ultrasound, had the HCG injection and the IUI. For our 4th round of IUI we used all follistim injectables. I had 2 transvaginal ultrasounds and then the HCG injection and IUI. Round 4 was also unsuccessful. It was suggested we move to IVF. It has now been almost 4 months since our last round of IUI and we have done a lot of our own research. We are looking into getting a second opinion and more testing before moving to IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Ohio Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Cindy)
The nursing staff was often not very friendly. They seemed good at their jobs, but lacked the compassion I feel is needed in the field of infertility. I felt uncomfortable if I started to get emotional in their office because they just did not provide that emotional support.
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is conviently located next to the lab that takes the sperm samples, as well as a lab for blood draw. It was nice not having to drive to multiple locations for the different appointments. The doctors all seemed to communicate well with each other and the nursing staff. If you are looking for a clinic with great emotional support, though, this isn't the one for you. The doctor's are all very matter of fact. Also, I felt that they didn't always provide me with all the information about my tests and results. I am the type of person that wants to know all the details, so that was hard for me.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Chad Friedman at Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
It cost about $800-1,000 per IUI cycle, depending on which meds we were using.
What specific things went wrong at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
Anovulation, Male Factor
Dr. Friedman is very kind and very compassionate. He has humor to help with your nerves and he explains things very well. I really love him as my doctor. I wish he could have been at each appointment but I understand that it's not always possible....Gina is very helpful and gets straight to the point. She can be blunt but she also is very caring. Over the phone she sounds unfriendly but I think that's just the way it comes across. In person you can see her smile and facial expressions and see that she doesn't mean to be that way.
Anovulation, Male Factor
How was your experience with Chad Friedman at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
Ignore the rude nurses because add. Friedman and Gina are very nice and super helpful.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Chad Friedman at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Friedman is always very warm and caring and his assistant Gina is always very helpful. The only problem I had was when I have questions regarding my care, I've called in when Gina was not in and talked to a nurse and they are always so rude. They act like I'm a burden or treat me like I'm stupid. Infertility treatments are scary and asking questions about treatment should be welcomed.
We used Clomid for ovulation with an HCG trigger shot. My husband is on a prescription med to reduce estrogen in his body and he also does three injections of HCG a week for sperm count. We have had one IUI so far and it failed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Ohio Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Gina )
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
The front desk staff is also confused about whether you need billed or not and they also told me the wrong price once. The techs that take you to your room are so unfriendly. They need to smile!! It's not like you want to be there either....
My Clomid is 8 dollars with insurance, trigger shot is $126 with insurance, first follicle scan was $345, second follicle scan was $284, IUI was $373, and we pay $126 a month for my husbands injections.
What specific things went wrong at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing (cancer), Surrogacy
Dr Friedman was clearly experienced and successful with his practice. He was confident in his direction and made us (husband, surrogate, surrogate husband and myself) comfortable with the process. Some people may be uncomfortable with his at-times bluntness, but it worked for us! Don't expect a ton of hand-holding and "there, there's". But if you want a capable, trustworthy doctor who can get the job done, he's your guy. We really liked him a lot.
IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing (cancer), Surrogacy
How was your experience with Chad Friedman at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
Thoroughly explained process and procedures. Was direct and candid but caring.
Don't recall the dosage and mine was different from my surrogate - a lot of moving parts and people. Whatever he did worked! We had a successful surrogate pregnancy with just one cycle and transferring one embryo.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
Everyone was great at communicating! Our nurse always promptly returned calls and fully explained what came next, timing, and expectations.
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
Big! This is a successful practice that knows what it is doing and runs like a well-oiled machine. Clean, friendly. We had multiple conversations with billing/insurance coverage. The in-house finance person is generous with her time and never made time for us whenever we had questions.
Can't remember specifics - we were fortunate to have generous insurance coverage, but our out-of pocket was somewhere around the $8k-10k range.
Columbus
He [Dr. Friedman] was very caring, he had excellent bedside manner, and was delicate with the delivery of the information we were requesting and needing to hear...He provided a therapeutic touch with his communication that made me feel respected and comfortable, that he truly cared about the outcome of our fertility journey. He was very detailed and always explained things in full, we never left there wandering what step would be next
How was your experience with Chad Friedman at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
He retired- so I hope you can find another physician as good as him
He was very caring, he had excellent bedside manner, and was delicate with the delivery of the information we were requesting and needing to hear
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
Egg retrieval- general anesthesia is not included in the costs, this was a seperate and extra charge of $1500 I believe. I opted out- it was the most painful thing I have ever endured, ask for general anesthesia- it will be worth it
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
It was well efficient