Chad Friedman (retired)

Columbus
535 Reach Blvd
Columbus, OH 43215

1 patient review filtered by:

Dr. Friedman was a very nice person. He seemed very invested in what he was doing, but he was on his way out (retiring) when we saw him. I felt like he skipped a lot of tests. The first day we saw him he ordered a blood test to check my thyroid (because I pushed for it) and did a transvaginal ultrasound. I had already had my FSH and LH checked at my PCP's office. From those 2 tests he ordered he suggested we start IUI. After 4 unsuccessful rounds of IUI and a lot of my own research, I feel like there is a lot of testing that should have been done before jumping right to IUI.
The clinic [Ohio Reproductive Medicine] is conviently located next to the lab that takes the sperm samples, as well as a lab for blood draw. It was nice not having to drive to multiple locations for the different appointments. The doctors all seemed to communicate well with each other and the nursing staff. If you are looking for a clinic with great emotional support, though, this isn't the one for you. The doctor's are all very matter of fact. Also, I felt that they didn't always provide me with all the information about my tests and results. I am the type of person that wants to know all the details, so that was hard for me.
How was your experience with Chad Friedman (retired) at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Chad Friedman (retired) at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
Do your own research and ask lots of questions.
Describe the protocols Chad Friedman (retired) used in your cycles at Ohio Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
For my first 2 rounds of IUI I was on femara/letrozole and went into the office around CD 12 for a trasvaginal ultrasound. That evening I would be given an HCG shot to trigger ovulation and then go in 36 hours later for the insemination. The third round of IUI Dr. Friedman wanted to do the same course of treatment, even after the first 2 failed. I pushed for more aggressive treatment. That is when he prescribed femara/letrozole as before, but also added a few doses of follistim injectables. I then went in a little earlier for a transvaginal ultrasound, had the HCG injection and the IUI. For our 4th round of IUI we used all follistim injectables. I had 2 transvaginal ultrasounds and then the HCG injection and IUI. Round 4 was also unsuccessful. It was suggested we move to IVF. It has now been almost 4 months since our last round of IUI and we have done a lot of our own research. We are looking into getting a second opinion and more testing before moving to IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Ohio Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Cindy)
The nursing staff was often not very friendly. They seemed good at their jobs, but lacked the compassion I feel is needed in the field of infertility. I felt uncomfortable if I started to get emotional in their office because they just did not provide that emotional support.
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is conviently located next to the lab that takes the sperm samples, as well as a lab for blood draw. It was nice not having to drive to multiple locations for the different appointments. The doctors all seemed to communicate well with each other and the nursing staff. If you are looking for a clinic with great emotional support, though, this isn't the one for you. The doctor's are all very matter of fact. Also, I felt that they didn't always provide me with all the information about my tests and results. I am the type of person that wants to know all the details, so that was hard for me.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Chad Friedman (retired) at Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
It cost about $800-1,000 per IUI cycle, depending on which meds we were using.
What specific things went wrong at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
The nurse would only call us after testing if their was an issue with the result, even when asked to call either way. For me, I like the peace of mind I get from hearing that everything is okay, not just assuming it is since I never heard from them. I also like to make a note of the results, good or bad.
Chad Friedman (retired)