Nurse available by email
ResidencyMetro Health Medical
FellowshipMayo
200 First Street SW
Rochester, MN 55905
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Chandra Shenoy to a friend?
Neutral: 60%Don't recommend: 40%5.4

4.4

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Mayo Clinic to a friend?
Make sure you ask questions, otherwise she [Dr. Shenoy] doesnt really say much...I went from using lupron, and trigger injections for 6 cycles, straight to IVF...we had to convert to a freeze all cycle due to hyperstimulation...She didnt really argue against my request to transfer two embryos after the first 2 single transfers had failed...in the beginning of starting everything that she seemed very robotic, like she had the same speech for everybody. But then towards the end of my time that I spent at that clinic It seemed that the more negative results I got, the more sympathetic and personable she became.
How was your experience with Chandra Shenoy at Mayo Clinic?
She was good with explaining and answering any questions that i had. But every time something failed, it was always the same answer. "we dont really know what happens, or why they dont implant". And maybe that is truly the case, but I wish she would have tried harder to come up with a different plan every time and try something new.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Chandra Shenoy at Mayo Clinic?
Make sure you ask questions, otherwise she doesnt really say much.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Chandra Shenoy at Mayo Clinic?
There were times in the beginning of starting everything that she seemed very robotic, like she had the same speech for everybody. But then towards the end of my time that I spent at that clinic It seemed that the more negative results I got, the more sympathetic and personable she became.
Describe the protocols Chandra Shenoy used in your cycles at Mayo Clinic and their degree of success.
I went from using lupron, and trigger injections for 6 cycles, straight to IVF. I used menopur, ganirelix, gonal-f, lupron...probably other but i dont remember them all. we had to convert to a freeze all cycle due to hyperstimulation. I kept bleeding right after starting progesterone in oil and we would have to cancel the cycle. They then decided to have me do the estrace vaginally instead of orally, and that stopped the bleeding prior to the transfer.
The nursing staff were all wonderful. They were very supportive and compassionate. It felt nice leaving and feeling like they truly genuinely wanted everything to work out for you.
Describe your experience with Mayo Clinic.
The clinic works as a team approach to everything. so although i had Dr. Shenoy for a majority of my procedures, i had a mix of all of them at some point. This is good and bad in my opinion. it was great because they can all get together and put their brains together to try to help you get pregnant, but i also feel like none of them are truly invested in me. My biggest complaint is that i feel like a doll on a factory assembly line. It seems like they do the same treatment for every single person and are not open to alternate options and protocols. every idea i had read about other fertility clinics doing in the surrounding area was shot down because they said that there isn't any true evidence that "said idea" actually works.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Chandra Shenoy at Mayo Clinic.
the cost for my stimulation and egg retrieval was $12,000 for the procedure, and monitoring. and i paid about $6000 out of pocket for my medications. Each frozen embryo transfer costed $4000, and ultrasounds were anywhere from $600-$1000. Medications for FET were much cheaper. Lupron was about $80 per vial, and Progesterone in oil was $10. Estrace was so minimal in cost i dont even remember caring about the cost.
Describe Chandra Shenoy's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Mayo Clinic.
What specific things went wrong at Mayo Clinic?
Rochester

Dr. Shenoy switched me from Clomid to Letrozole, because she told me that according to research, she thought I would have a better success rate on Letrozole. She also discussed more "aggressive" treatment options, such as hcg injections with monitoring and IUIs, but helped me decide at that point in time I was okay with just trying the oral medication. She also explained future options and at what point she would recommend IVF.
How was your experience with Chandra Shenoy at Mayo Clinic?
Dr. Shenoy seemed very attentive during her time with me. She listened to everything I had to say, did a great job explaining her reasons for her recommended treatment, and answered all of my questions. She was also very quick to respond to questions I had after the appointment via Mayo's patient messaging system.
Dr. Shenoy listened to all of my concerns and answered all of my questions. Feeling listened too has not always been the case in this journey.
Describe your experience with Mayo Clinic.
Mayo Clinic is obviously a great institution and one of the best hospitals in the world. At times, I have felt that they are so confident in their abilities and treatments as a whole that individual concerns and exceptions get overlooked.
What specific things went wrong at Mayo Clinic?
Rochester

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Chandra Shenoy at Mayo Clinic.

Very helpful and made sure I knew what was going on was able to answer any questions that I had. Posted updates to my procedures on my online portal. Chandra [ Shenoy] did my egg retrieval and first transfer..unfortunately it was unsuccessful... I was only able to transfer 1 embryo my first time....being as I only had 2 embryos left after that..I was given the option to transfer 1 or 2
How was your experience with Chandra Shenoy at Mayo Clinic?
Very helpful and made sure I knew what was going on was able to answer any questions that I had. Posted updates to my procedures on my online portal. Chandra did my egg retrieval and first transfer..unfortunately it was unsuccessful
Very friendly
The whole team reached out to me and was able to answer my questions when I had them through the portal
Excellent team and were very responsive to all my questions that I sent on the online portal!!
Describe your experience with Mayo Clinic.
Mayo clinic is a great place and they are very helpful. The only thing I didn't like compared to some other places is the cost of the IVF procedure...if the cost was a lot lower I would continue to go to then. However I've heard of other great places that are significantly cheaper and am goin to be goin that route. Other then cost I never had an issue with Mayo Clinic
The amount I had to pay for the IVf procedure was 9100..there was a 3500 monitoring fee that went through my insurance and remaining was billed later