5.2

Mayo

Chandra Shenoy works at

200 First Street SW
Rochester, MN 55905

Dr. Shenoy switched me from Clomid to Letrozole, because she told me that according to research, she thought I would have a better success rate on Letrozole. She also discussed more "aggressive" treatment options, such as hcg injections with monitoring and IUIs, but helped me decide at that point in time I was okay with just trying the oral medication. She also explained future options and at what point she would recommend IVF.
Mayo Clinic is obviously a great institution and one of the best hospitals in the world. At times, I have felt that they are so confident in their abilities and treatments as a whole that individual concerns and exceptions get overlooked.... One time my prescription was called in under my husband's name. To be fair, they were treating us as a couple in Reproductive Endocrinology, so both of our records were open when the prescription was made. They did correct the problem as soon as it was discovered.
How was your experience with Chandra Shenoy at Mayo Clinic?
Dr. Shenoy seemed very attentive during her time with me. She listened to everything I had to say, did a great job explaining her reasons for her recommended treatment, and answered all of my questions. She was also very quick to respond to questions I had after the appointment via Mayo's patient messaging system.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Chandra Shenoy at Mayo Clinic?
Dr. Shenoy listened to all of my concerns and answered all of my questions. Feeling listened too has not always been the case in this journey.
Describe the protocols Chandra Shenoy used in your cycles at Mayo Clinic and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with Mayo Clinic.
What specific things went wrong at Mayo Clinic?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Mayo Clinic.
Rochester

Very helpful and made sure I knew what was going on was able to answer any questions that I had. Posted updates to my procedures on my online portal. Chandra [ Shenoy] did my egg retrieval and first transfer..unfortunately it was unsuccessful... I was only able to transfer 1 embryo my first time....being as I only had 2 embryos left after that..I was given the option to transfer 1 or 2
Mayo clinic is a great place and they are very helpful. The only thing I didn't like compared to some other places is the cost of the IVF procedure... The amount I had to pay for the IVf procedure was 9100..there was a 3500 monitoring fee that went through my insurance and remaining was billed later... Excellent team and were very responsive to all my questions that I sent on the online portal!!
How was your experience with Chandra Shenoy at Mayo Clinic?
Very helpful and made sure I knew what was going on was able to answer any questions that I had. Posted updates to my procedures on my online portal. Chandra did my egg retrieval and first transfer..unfortunately it was unsuccessful
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Chandra Shenoy at Mayo Clinic?
Very friendly
The whole team reached out to me and was able to answer my questions when I had them through the portal
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Mayo Clinic.
Describe your experience with Mayo Clinic.
Mayo clinic is a great place and they are very helpful. The only thing I didn't like compared to some other places is the cost of the IVF procedure...if the cost was a lot lower I would continue to go to then. However I've heard of other great places that are significantly cheaper and am goin to be goin that route. Other then cost I never had an issue with Mayo Clinic
Describe the costs associated with your care under Chandra Shenoy at Mayo Clinic.
Describe Chandra Shenoy's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Mayo Clinic.