6.6

Naperville, IL 60540
1900 E. Golf Rd
Schaumburg, IL 60173

2013, Successful
...Hand holding / bedside manner are not his [Dr. Miller] strong suits. I found that very frustrating through the process and almost left for another doctor, however we are now going back for our 2nd child since the results were good.
]Advanced IVF] deal[s] with a high volume of patients and I interacted with a lot of different nurses. The hardest part was their communication process. Most of it was through their voicemail system. I could not contact the nurses or doctor directly.
How was your experience with Charles Miller at The Advanced IVF Institute?
Here's the thing. While I found Dr. Miller to be reasonably arrogant and the communication process very frustrating, at the end of the day he got me pregnant on the first round. His statistics are good and I think he's a very highly qualified technician. However hand holding / bedside manner are not his strong suits. I found that very frustrating through the process and almost left for another doctor, however we are now going back for our 2nd child since the results were good.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Charles Miller at The Advanced IVF Institute?
Ask a lot of questions upfront and recognize that you aren't going to get a lot of hand holding, but that doesn't mean the result won't be positive.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Charles Miller at The Advanced IVF Institute?
They deal with a high volume of patients and I interacted with a lot of different nurses. The hardest part was their communication process. Most of it was through their voicemail system. I could not contact the nurses or doctor directly.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at The Advanced IVF Institute.
Some were very nice, but some showed little compassion (i.e. this was just their job). I dealt with a lot of different nurses and even though I think I was assigned a "primary" nurse, I am not sure I ever even met her in person. There was a lot of communication over the phone. There was no one nurse who stood out as particularly helpful, but they got the job done.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at The Advanced IVF Institute.
Originally I received a low ovarian reserve diagnosis at another clinic. Then when I saw Dr. Miller they re-ran the tests and discovered my AMH levels were normal. However I did not find that out until several months later when I was about to do the procedure. They never communicated the results of those tests.

2022, Unknown Success
Dr. Miller has done a through job completing a full work-up and confirming my diagnosis of PCOS. I like that Dr. Miller is always aware of the plan for both my husband and me, as well as his confidence and how direct he is with our plan of care...Dr. Miller is direct and confident in his approach, which I love! I enjoy that he has a plan in place, is through in his explanations, and is able to get to the point when speaking with both my husband and me. He is very kind and answers all questions, I never feel rushed.
I feel there are not any areas to improve regarding the [Advanced IVF Institute] clinic. Overall the clinic itself appears clean and welcoming. Those who greet you are always pleasant. I feel everyone works well together and communication is always great! I do not feel there is anything requiring improvement.
How was your experience with Charles Miller at The Advanced IVF Institute?
Go in with an open mind, Dr. Miller has been practicing for many years and may come up with a plan you may not have expected.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Advanced IVF Institute. (Assigned nurse: Lauren Adams)
All nursing/ancillary staff at Dr. Miller's clinics have been wonderful! Each of them is kind, patient, and always has a smile on their face. :) Lauren Adams, is an excellent nurse and a wonderful resource. She takes the time to explain answers to all my questions, I am very grateful to have her working with me.
Describe your experience with The Advanced IVF Institute.
I feel there are not any areas to improve regarding the clinic. Overall the clinic itself appears clean and welcoming. Those who greet you are always pleasant. I feel everyone works well together and communication is always great! I do not feel there is anything requiring improvement.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Charles Miller at The Advanced IVF Institute.
I am still continuing treatment, but all costs associated with my care thus-far have been as expected.
Describe Charles Miller's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at The Advanced IVF Institute.
I am currently preparing to being IVF.
Naperville

You will not get a lot of opportunities to visit with Dr Miller. ... He is straight forward. He is not the person to get your emotional needs met, but he is focused on your goal - having a baby. ... I have not finished my treatments with Dr Miller. ...I have faith that we will be successful with finishing our treatments. I believe Dr Miller is very smart and knows his work. I trust his opinion and recommendations.
Strengths [of The Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Inst]: Early appointment times and usually on time. US techs are great. Clean facility. Everyone is kind. Weaknesses: Always have to leave a message - it is difficult to speak to someone when you work full time. ... . So far, I have seen more consistent communication with the IVF team and fairly happy with them. ... You will work with different staff members depending on your treatment. I have had to advocate for myself quite a bit. There has been quite a few moments of big miscommunications or lost information or delayed care because of disorganization - which is very frustrating. However, I believe this happens in a lot of health care facilities
How was your experience with Charles Miller at The Advanced IVF Institute?
I have not finished my treatments with Dr Miller. We have been delayed due to COVID 19. I have faith that we will be successful with finishing our treatments. I believe Dr Miller is very smart and knows his work. I trust his opinion and recommendations.
You will not get a lot of opportunities to visit with Dr Miller. Come prepared with questions. He is straight forward. He is not the person to get your emotional needs met, but he is focused on your goal - having a baby.
Dr Miller is straight forward during his consultations. He does not sugarcoat, which I appreciate. I never felt pushed to make a specific decision - he laid out our options.
Describe your experience with The Advanced IVF Institute.
Strengths: Early appointment times and usually on time. US techs are great. Clean facility. Everyone is kind. Weaknesses: Always have to leave a message - it is difficult to speak to someone when you work full time.
Mostly has been covered by insurance
Describe the specific things that went wrong at The Advanced IVF Institute.
Just have to be an advocate for yourself. So far, I have seen more consistent communication with the IVF team and fairly happy with them.
Naperville

I feel that [Dr. ] Miller listens and takes into consideration everything I ask. He has very good bed manners. I feel very welcomed and important. He never rushes me out of the office...I feel that he keeps up with all newest findings by going to conferences...I had done two Stim cycles with different doctor and Miller suggested not to suppress me with Lupron and instead to do ganirelix and hgh cycle. My egg quality is poor and he thinks it has a lot of to do with my age as well. I agreed with Miller to try different protocol.
Nurses are great and I feel like front desk [at The Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute-Naperville] was very helpful setting up all appointments, they bent backwards to get my husband in for his testing. It is a little hard sometimes to reach them, but if I leave a voicemail I do get phone call following day. There are two locations which are very convenient for me...I interacted with my nurse Maggie most, she was very nice and helpful filling out all paperwork and explaining all steps. I have never felt pressure to do something I didn’t feel comfortable.
How was your experience with Charles Miller at The Advanced IVF Institute?
Miller is very knowledgeable, great bed manners, listened to me very carefully and made notes every time, everything stayed in my file. I never feel rushed. De Miller is very compassionate, I feel that he keeps up with all newest findings by going to conferences. In one of the representations I went to his partner described him as a best ivf doctor in Illinois.
Trust Miller, he knows what he is doing,
I feel that Miller listens and takes into consideration everything I ask. He has very good bed manners. I feel very welcomed and important. He never rushes me out of the office
Describe the protocols Charles Miller used in your cycles at The Advanced IVF Institute and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Advanced IVF Institute. (Assigned nurse: Monika and Maggie)
Describe your experience with The Advanced IVF Institute.
Nurses are great and I feel like front desk was very helpful setting up all appointments, they bent backwards to get my husband in for his testing. It is a little hard sometimes to reach them, but if I leave a voicemail I do get phone call following day. There are two locations which are very convenient for me.
I am still under this doctors care and I pay as I go
Miller suggested to transfer three non PhD tested embryos. I agree with him
2015 - 2017, Unknown Success
I have nothing but wonderful things to say about Dr. Miller. From our first consult until now, he's been nothing but warm and compassionate with us. I trust what he tells me. His team is also exceptional. I feel like I'm in great hands!...Dr. Miller preformed by tubal reversal surgery last year. Following the surgery, I was given my options based upon how aggressive I wanted my treatment to be. He explained each option fully. I completed 3 clomid cycles with monitoring. All of those ended with a negative pregnancy test. I did two IUI cycles after that which were unsuccessful. While awaiting for IVF to begin, my husband and I got pregnant spontaneously but that ended in miscarriage. Dr Miller performed my D and C. I am now awaiting an IVF with ICSI and PGS testing cycle.
TRUST HIM!!
All of the staff knew me by name. I felt welcomed when entering the clinic and throughout my visits.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at The Advanced IVF Institute.
Sometimes the communication was a tad lacking but it didn't bother me. I'm happy to be in a clinic with great results!
Describe your experience with The Advanced IVF Institute.
Strengths- Dr. Miller, front desk staff, phlebotomist Fanny, most nurses.
I have been able to use insurance for most of my procedures and appointments/
I have not gotten to that point yet.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at The Advanced IVF Institute.
The only one thing was a prescption was not called in quickly. I needed to call and follow up the next day.
2015, Successful
Dr. Miller was very thourough and I actually felt like he read my chart in detail. He was very straight forward about what to expect and told me the path in which we were to proceed. He gave me the now situation and the what if situations...we were to try hormonal injections for 2 months with timed intercourse and then after that hormonal injections with IUI. And then if that didn't work we would talk about other options like IVF...
There were 2 locations Schaumburg and Naperville. Naperville was the only office that did the procedures and sometimes the only office that could get me in for appointments. I wish going into it I would of known because I live in Schaumburg,..very caring staff [at Adv IVF]. receptionist even remembered me...The nurse who always called my results was very smart and organized but I feel that there were times she lacked a little compassion. The phlebotomist was extremely friendly and made me less nervous. There were some ultrasound techs that were amazing and then there was one that seemed to get annoyed with my numerous questions.
How was your experience with Charles Miller at The Advanced IVF Institute?
very caring staff. receptionist even remembered me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Advanced IVF Institute. (Assigned nurse: sarah)
The receptionist was the first person I always saw or talked to and was so caring and nice. She always remembered me. The nurse who always called my results was very smart and organized but I feel that there were times she lacked a little compassion. The phlebotomist was extremely friendly and made me less nervous. There were some ultrasound techs that were amazing and then there was one that seemed to get annoyed with my numerous questions.
Describe your experience with The Advanced IVF Institute.
There were 2 locations Schaumburg and Naperville. Naperville was the only office that did the procedures and sometimes the only office that could get me in for appointments. I wish going into it I would of known because I live in Schaumburg, but Naperville is far and it was personally hard for me having to leave work and go there. It was worth it because they were excellent but it was just far for me.
minimal. because my insurance coverage
2012 - 2013, Successful
Egg Freezing With Other Docs
2 Embryo Freezing With Other Docs
While we worked with the nurses on a day to day basis, and not Dr. Miller, I had complete confidence that these nurses were on top of their game and knew what they were doing. Are they busy? Yes. But if I needed anything or had questions, they were answered. Everyone is very friendly, most of the staff I knew by name as did they me. They were very friendly, while maintaining professionalism.
How was your experience with Charles Miller at The Advanced IVF Institute?
Dr. Charles Miller is the best of the best. He studied my history and new the facts in detail for our first consultation. He devised a plan, and made sure that we understood the plan and that we were comfortable with the plan. He gave us options. He told us what could and couldn't happen. He voluntarily showed us his statistics and success rates, which no other doctor has...and we have seen three IVF docs now. Dr. Miller is confident, and he should be. We had a successful pregnancy with our first IVF implantation of one embryo. We were cash patients while we were with Dr. Miller. Which takes this entire process to a whole other level of stress. Working with him was worth every penny. Dr. Miller was recommended to us by different people from all different parts of our lives and we continue to recommend him to whoever asks for help with getting pregnant.
Be patient. The office is busy, and sometimes you will have to wait. It's worth it.
Charles Miller

Dr. Miller is a genius and one of the best in his field. If you have endo I would recommend him over anyone else in Illinois. He is compassionate and brilliant and I trust him completely. ... So far it’s been great, he performed surgery on me ... I feel so much better. I will be starting stimulation for egg retrieval soon and I have faith in Dr. Miller to help me achieve a healthy pregnancy.
Large clinic [Advanced Gynecologic Surg Inst], lots of patients, message responses instead of phone calls and there’s only a one way message system, nurses can message you but you can’t message back. ... Poor communication and having to check in frequently and remind nurses of prescriptions or med changes. ... Weakness- nursing staff is very busy and overwhelmed and things can get lost in the shuffle so you really have to keep up with everything yourself and stay on top of the nurses. ... Alina has been great so far but I do not always communicate with just her, I hear from other nurses most of the time.
How was your experience with Charles Miller at The Advanced IVF Institute?
So far it’s been great, he performed surgery on me and referred me to Dr. Park for rectal endo and they both removed it and I feel so much better. I will be starting stimulation for egg retrieval soon and I have faith in Dr. Miller to help me achieve a healthy pregnancy.
Advocate for yourself, request to switch nurses if you aren’t happy with yours.
Large clinic, lots of patients, message responses instead of phone calls and there’s only a one way message system, nurses can message you but you can’t message back.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Advanced IVF Institute. (Assigned nurse: Alina )
Describe your experience with The Advanced IVF Institute.
Dr. Miller is a genius and one of the best in his field. If you have endo I would recommend him over anyone else in Illinois. He is compassionate and brilliant and I trust him completely. Weakness- nursing staff is very busy and overwhelmed and things can get lost in the shuffle so you really have to keep up with everything yourself and stay on top of the nurses.
So far, $15,000
He said he will only do single embryo transfers on me
Naperville

Knows his [Dr. Charles Miller] stuff and will let you know he knows his stuff. Brilliant doctor I trust but extremely busy. This means you get little to no time with him must make the most of any appointment that you have the opportunity to see him. ... I had uterine fibroids surgery with him and this was successful. I am now currently going through our first of cycle and hoping for the best.
I am currently happy with my overall experience. Ask the right questions when not clear. You may need to take charge of your treatment and stay on top of them. It can get frustrating atimes. But stay the course and stay focussed. ... [Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Inst is] Cluster of an office you need to be able to navigate your way around.
How was your experience with Charles Miller at The Advanced IVF Institute?
Knows his stuff and will let you know he knows his stuff. Brilliant doctor I trust but extremely busy. This means you get little to no time with him must make the most of any appointment that you have the opportunity to see him.
Do you research and be ready with your questions ahead of time.
You need to be on top of things and follow-up it does get overwhelming quick
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at The Advanced IVF Institute.
Cluster of an office you need to be able to navigate your way around.
Describe your experience with The Advanced IVF Institute.
Surgery with insurance was high.
Will only transfer 1 if pgs tested but open to transfer more if you don't test based on age
Schaumburg

Dr. Miller was so knowledgeable and guided us with his compassion. His cutting-edge research gave us the best chance to conceive. The specialized plan was so on target with our specific needs. We were so lucky to have him as our doctor.... Dr. Miller was so personable, he took that time to get to know my husband and myself. He was confident that he could help us conceive and made a specialized plan for us.
I especially liked the option of going to the closer practice to my house for weekly appointments [at The Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute]. The procedures needed to be done in Naperville, but all of the other appointments I had at the closer appt to my house.... Dr. Miller was so knowledgeable and guided us with his compassion. His cutting-edge research gave us the best chance to conceive. The specialized plan was so on target with our specific needs. We were so lucky to have him as our doctor.
How was your experience with Charles Miller at The Advanced IVF Institute?
Believe in the process and in Dr. Miller.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Advanced IVF Institute. (Assigned nurse: JoRene and Alex)
They were always supportive and made me feel comfortable.
Describe your experience with The Advanced IVF Institute.
I especially liked the option of going to the closer practice to my house for weekly appointments. The procedures needed to be done in Naperville, but all of the other appointments I had at the closer appt to my house.
My insurance covered 90%
He explained all of our options and let us decide.
2013 - 2016, Successful
Dr. MILLER WAS DEFINITELY DIRECT AND STRAIGHT TO THE POINT BUT HE CARES ABOUT ME AND MY OUTCOME I WAS MORE THAN A NUMBER....He may not be super warm and fuzzy but he will get you the results you want. Remember he does care. He truly cares for you as a patient and cares about your outcome...Dr. Miller did everything he could to help me obtain my dream of being a mom. It was a grueling process but he was always up front with me.
The clinic [The Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute] was great! Clean and comfortable. I loved the girls at the front desk. They knew me by my first name. The ultrasound techs were always so super nice to me too. I just loved everyone there....I loved [nurse] Patti. Surprisingly I really miss her. She was so kind to me during my process...Dr. Miller did everything he could to help me obtain my dream of being a mom. It was a grueling process but he was always up front with me.
How was your experience with Charles Miller at The Advanced IVF Institute?
Dr. Miller did everything he could to help me obtain my dream of being a mom. It was a grueling process but he was always up front with me. He was always very kind to me and showed compassion for what I was going through. I will forever be grateful to him for helping me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Advanced IVF Institute. (Assigned nurse: Patti)
I loved Patti. Surprisingly I really miss her. She was so kind to me during my process.
Describe your experience with The Advanced IVF Institute.
The clinic was great! Clean and comfortable. I loved the girls at the front desk. They knew me by my first name. The ultrasound techs were always so super nice to me too. I just loved everyone there.

2015, Successful
Dr. Miller was great! We did have to schedule a second meeting after the consultation because he skimmed through our medical records and missed that we already had done a TESE and had frozen sperm to use. ... he retested everything, including thyroid function and glucose, checked for receptivity of my uterus and checked to ensure my tubes were not leaking.
They [Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Inst] take almost all insurances, the clinic is clean and inviting. The procedure team and embryologists are worth the negatives!! Weakness would be disorganized nursing staff and very long wait times. ... When we were there the nursing staff was sub-par at best. I believe they have changed staff since then. ... His [Dr. Miller] nursing staff made you feel like cattle
Expect LONG wait times
His nursing staff made you feel like cattle
After repeated implantation failure at another clinic he retested everything, including thyroid function and glucose, checked for receptivity of my uterus and checked to ensure my tubes were not leaking. Results were a successful pregnancy after adding in thyroid medicine and increased Progesterone.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Advanced IVF Institute.
Describe your experience with The Advanced IVF Institute.
They take almost all insurances, the clinic is clean and inviting. The procedure team and embryologists are worth the negatives!! Weakness would be disorganized nursing staff and very long wait times.

2012 - 2014, Successful
Dr. Miller is extremely knowledgeable and always had a plan of action. He never gave up on us and explored every option when we had setbacks. I felt very confident in having him as our doctor. I also thought he was very warm and caring towards us. He gave us hugs whenever we saw him and told us often that he wanted this very badly for us. I felt he was very invested in helping us to have a child.
How was your experience with Charles Miller at The Advanced IVF Institute?
Put your trust in Dr. Miller and follow his course of treatment. He knows what he is doing. If you are unsure about something though, just ask. Dr. Miller and his staff are very willing to answer any and all questions.
I was very pleased with the care and support I received from the staff, including Dr. Miller. They were warm and genuinely cared about how I felt. They provided encouragement throughout the entire journey.
2014, Unsuccessful
Loved Dr Miller Very down to earth Wonderful personality...Never got to treatment. Found a cervical polyp during workouts for Ivf. Then found out his clinic wouldn't take sperm from the Sperm bank we picked so we left
No electronic record system, no email. Had to leave voicemails and nurses called back end of day/next day. One department in the office didn't know what anyone else was doing...Never got to treatment. Found a cervical polyp during workouts for Ivf. Then found out his clinic wouldn't take sperm from the Sperm bank we picked so we left
How was your experience with Charles Miller at The Advanced IVF Institute?
Husband with no sperm. Dr Miller entered room and said "no sperm huh? Well that sucks" Husband was so relived to have him just admit it sucked!
Ask about what sperm banks they work with
Loved Dr Miller Very down to earth Wonderful personality
Clean, organized, no EMR
Naperville

They [doctors at The Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute] are experts in endometriosis, and considering 10% of women are affected by it it's important for a RE to know how to diagnose it before it starts the infertility treatment. The nurses were a bit disorganized, but they make up for it when I ran out of meds by borrowing me some...he [Dr. Charles Miller] used the antagonist protocol, but even after removing my endometriosis it still didn't produce any results...He is very knowledgeable but also very blunt. He is not very compassionate but I wanted a doctor that knows what he is doing, I had my husband to hold my hand. You also have to wait a while to see him, I think the most we waited an hour and a half...Be patient for his consultations and don't expect him to hold your hand.
How was your experience with Charles Miller at The Advanced IVF Institute?
Be patient for his consultations and don't expect him to hold your hand.
he used the antagonist protocol, but even after removing my endometriosis it still didn't produce any results.
Describe your experience with The Advanced IVF Institute.
They are experts in endometriosis, and considering 10% of women are affected by it it's important for a RE to know how to diagnose it before it starts the infertility treatment. The nurses were a bit disorganized, but they make up for it when I ran out of meds by borrowing me some.
Covered by insurance