6.8

617-421-1000
1250 Hancock Street
Quincy, MA 02169
617-774-0600

Dr. Obasiolu was patient and kind. He was direct and honest but treated us like humans and was sensitive and encouraging. He listened to our ideas and questions and reconfigured the plans to include our thoughts. He was funny and friendly.... checked sperm count and motility, check Fallopian tubes and uterus, IVF with Gonal F 450, HCG, and certitude, estrogen patch with progesterone suppositories, FET cycle with estrace and progesterone injections.
No concerns, it was fine. I like that there were multiple locations [Harvard Vanguard] and that the staff were all friendly and warm. They were all quick to get back to emails and calls and the insurance staff was very knowledgeable.... Katie was friendly and prepared. She was nice and had good follow up.... Dr. Obasiolu is kind and thoughtful. He is direct and spoke to me and my husband like we were humans.
How was your experience with Charles Obasiolu at Harvard Vanguard?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Charles Obasiolu at Harvard Vanguard?
Listen carefully and don’t be afraid to ask questions or make your concerns or ideas know. He will listen!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Charles Obasiolu at Harvard Vanguard?
Dr. Obasiolu is kind and thoughtful. He is direct and spoke to me and my husband like we were humans. He was cautiously optimistic but honest. He listened to us and incorporated our wishes into the treatment plan.
Describe the protocols Charles Obasiolu used in your cycles at Harvard Vanguard and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Harvard Vanguard. (Assigned nurse: Katie)
Katie was friendly and prepared. She was nice and had good follow up.
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
No concerns, it was fine. I like that there were multiple locations and that the staff were all friendly and warm. They were all quick to get back to emails and calls and the insurance staff was very knowledgeable.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Charles Obasiolu at Harvard Vanguard.
Insurance covered most. There were some costs for medication or co-pays. We paid for genetic testing out of pocket ($5,600).
Boston
He [Dr. Obasiolu] is a very straight forward person but has an incredible track record to get people pregnant. We do not have health insurance coverage for infertility, so he has been a huge help in diagnosing but for the lowest out of pocket costs...He diagnosed me as unexplained infertility and recommenced Letrozole for three months. We just finished the three months and have not been successful. During this COVID-19 crisis he is unable to do additional testing but we have mapped out a plan for as soon as his office opens.
They [Harvard Vanguard nurses] have been awesome to send medication and explain procedures. They have also been a huge help in providing out of pocket cost explanations...It’s location is a bit tough. I don’t have any other feedback on the clinic. I have only been a patient for 5 months. It does take a long time to get an appointment. They are very responsive over the phone and the online portal.
How was your experience with Charles Obasiolu at Harvard Vanguard?
He is a very straight forward person but has an incredible track record to get people pregnant. We do not have health insurance coverage for infertility, so he has been a huge help in diagnosing but for the lowest out of pocket costs.
Be patient.
He is very direct and to the point but also has a great way to explaining himself. He also has been offering phone appointments during the COVID-19 crisis
Describe your experience with your nurse at Harvard Vanguard. (Assigned nurse: Kelly )
They have been awesome to send medication and explain procedures. They have also been a huge help in providing out of pocket cost explanations.
2020, Unknown Success
Dr. Obasiolu is clear and direct. There were often many steps to prepare us for, and he always let us know what to expect next, pausing for questions (which we always had). He did a good job of navigating the complexities and disruptions of COVID-19 on the fertility practice...will provide details and offer objective advice when prompted, but the appointments move fast so come prepared--and take notes...makes a point of pausing to answer questions throughout the visits.
The [Harvard Vanguard] clinic at Kenmore is well-organized and the care team is warm and competent. They did a good job of navigating treatment during COVID-19, which required reorganizing how they operate multiple times...Dr. Obasiolu makes a point of pausing to answer questions throughout the visits...Dr. Obasiolu is clear and direct. There were often many steps to prepare us for, and he always let us know what to expect next, pausing for questions (which we always had). He did a good job of navigating the complexities and disruptions of COVID-19 on the fertility practice.
How was your experience with Charles Obasiolu at Harvard Vanguard?
Speak up and ask all of your questions. Dr. Obasiolu will provide details and offer objective advice when prompted, but the appointments move fast so come prepared--and take notes.
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
The clinic at Kenmore is well-organized and the care team is warm and competent. They did a good job of navigating treatment during COVID-19, which required reorganizing how they operate multiple times.
2017 - 2019, Unknown Success
Don't expect him [Dr. Obasiolu] to be mushy or coddling. He is very factual but he is positive and honest with his patients...Based on my age he encouraged multiple embryo transfer and the fact that out of all embryos only 1 has made it to freeze...While Dr. Obasiolo may seem "stiff" I have found him to be personable and encouraging during this process. He even called me a few days after my last failed cycle to give me pep talk and make sure I was ok. At our last visit to prep for our next cycle he was willing to try to new treatments and really seemed to care about us as a couple.
[Harvard Vanguard has] Convenient location and hours and their affiliation with Boston IVF and the utilization of their embryo lab and surgical site. The only weakness is that they will not consider experimental therapies such as human growth hormone for egg quality...They [nurses] are extremely reliable, responsive and caring. I was never left guessing about my test results, insurance auth process, etc. Excellent nurses.
How was your experience with Charles Obasiolu at Harvard Vanguard?
I feel that Dr. Obasiolu is knowledgeable and has switched our protocols based on our results after each treatment. He is kind and caring. I have run into Dr. Obasiolu at the clinic when I was not scheduled to see him and he remembers both mine and my husbands name and takes time to chat with us to check in and see how we are doing. I work in healthcare so I do know that this tends to be the exception and not always the norm with physicians.
Don't expect him to be mushy or coddling. He is very factual but he is positive and honest with his patients.
Cycle1 was estrogen priming and then gonal-f and menopure. Cycles 2-3 coenzyme q-10, gonal-f and menopure Cycle 4 coenzyme q-10, lurpon and gonal-f, assisted hatching and embryo glue For the above cycles a day 3 transfer (except cycle 1 due to freeze all with no viable embryos) with estrodial patches and crinone after transfer Cycle 5 (pending) coenzyme q-10, lupron, gonal-f, meonpure with baby aspirin after retrieval, assisted hatching, embryo glue, pio and estrodial patches.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Harvard Vanguard.
They are extremely reliable, responsive and caring. I was never left guessing about my test results, insurance auth process, etc. Excellent nurses.
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
All covered by insurance. Have only had to pay copays for medications (average $300 per cycle) and $500 for embryo glue per cycle (to date only used for one cycle)
Describe Charles Obasiolu's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Harvard Vanguard.
Boston

Dr. Obasiolu explained everything to me during our first visit. He helped me to understand what IVF was and the entire process. He walked me through every step and always said I could come and see him when I needed to. He made me feel very comfortable as his patient and I never left his office unsure of anything. ... He explained everything to me and I was able to receive the best care and treatment.
My clinic [Harvard Vanguuard]was very professional and understood all my needs as a patient. They worked with me on getting the proper treatment and care. They were always there to give me advice and support when I needed it the most. ... The nursing staff was helpful and kind through out my treatment. ... Dr. Obasiolu and his staff were so helpful and caring to me during my entire process.
How was your experience with Charles Obasiolu at Harvard Vanguard?
Dr. Obasiolu explained everything to me during our first visit. He helped me to understand what IVF was and the entire process. He walked me through every step and always said I could come and see him when I needed to. He made me feel very comfortable as his patient and I never left his office unsure of anything. He made sure he answered all my questions and that the other nurses took care of all my needs.
I would just say to explain everything to him and make sure you ask questions.
Dr. Obasiolu and his staff were so helpful and caring to me during my entire process. He explained everything to me and I was able to receive the best care and treatment. Having him as my fertility specialist has changed my life in so many ways.
The treatment strategies were just to follow his instructions and follow the instructions when administering the medications he prescribed to me during my treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Harvard Vanguard. (Assigned nurse: Nicole )
The nursing staff was helpful and kind through out my treatment.
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
My clinic was very professional and understood all my needs as a patient. They worked with me on getting the proper treatment and care. They were always there to give me advice and support when I needed it the most.
My insurance covered most of my cost except for genetic testing.
We talked about my embryos and he made the best selections.

2013 - 2018, Successful
Dr. Obasiolu will let you know honestly how well a treatment plan may or may not work. We really appreciated his candor, but some people may find this difficult. When we had a change in our insurance plan and my husband's hormone therapy was slow to work, he discussed other ways we could start a family, such as donor sperm with IUI. I appreciated having other options to consider, but he was respectful of our final decision to continue my husband's hormone therapy. We are grateful that as a result we will have a biological child.
The nursing staff [at Harvard Vanguard] overall went above and beyond listening to my concerns. If they couldn't answer a question right away, they let me know when I could expect an answer...The clinic itself has very advanced ultrasound machines. The waiting rooms and offices at Kenmore were on the small side, but clean. Getting to Kenmore can be a challenge due traffic via car or public transit, so add atleast 20 minutes to your commute time just to be safe.
How was your experience with Charles Obasiolu at Harvard Vanguard?
Dr. Obasiolu was very upfront that we would need IVF with ICSI to have a chance at becoming pregnant. He took the time to explain the procedure as well as a timeline for the medications I would need to take during the cycle. Dr. O was supportive of us when we had setbacks. We also appreciated that he referred my husband to a urologist that specializes in Male factor infertility. Sometimes the communication between him and that office was slow and required a couple of follow up phone calls, but that's the only negative for me. Both Dr. O and my husband's urologist came up with a plan for my husband's MFI. Dr. O warned us that this treatment plan may not work for my husband, but over a year later, his sperm count became high enough that we could finally start our cycle in 2018. I received a very detailed protocol for the IVF/ICSI cycle that with the help of Boston IVF has resulted in my pregnancy.
Dr. Obasiolu was always concerned about me and my husband's well being as well as the diagnostic care for treating our infertility.
My husband was on Androgel prior to starting treatment. He was taken off that and started HCG. He was on that for 8 months when our insurance finally allowed him to add Menopur and Gonal F to increase his pituitary function. His urologist also recommended anastrozole to decrease estrogen production. He was on this combination of meds for about 18 months. Throughout this time, he had SA's done and his last one was high enough that we could schedule IVF/ICSI at Boston IVF. My husband didn't have to schedule a microtese surgery bc his hormone therapy was that successful. In July 2018, Dr. Obasioli gave me a very detailed protocol. I was put on estradiol to make sure my estrogen levels were low enough to start stims. I injected Menopur and Gonal F to stimulate the follicles. I also had to take cetrotide to prevent early ovulation. The dosages for Menopur and Gonal F were increased every couple of days until I was instructed to take my HCG trigger shot. After the egg retrieval at Boston IVF, I had to take progesterone cream to thicken the uterine lining in preparation for the embryo transfer. Our treatment plan resulted in 2 embryos. One was a 3 day IVF transfer and the other is being preserved. We are thrilled to expect our first child in April 2019.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Harvard Vanguard. (Assigned nurse: Susan at Harvard Vanguard Quincy)
The nursing staff overall went above and beyond listening to my concerns. If they couldn't answer a question right away, they let me know when I could expect an answer.
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
The office visits I think were about $185 each and billed afterwards. Copays for ultrasounds were $35. The copays for the meds were pricey at $150 each.
Dr. Obasiolu recommended that we only transfer one embryo bc we are healthy and under the age of 35. He was concerned that a multiple transfer could result in twins or more.
What specific things went wrong at Harvard Vanguard?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Harvard Vanguard.
At the beginning of my cycle, I was worried I hadn't heard back from someone about my ultrasound before the office closes. They were very understanding and I received next steps promptly.
Boston
He [Dr. Charles Obasiolu] was very upfront and realistic...showed compassion when things did not work on the first trial and was supportive throughout the process...he was direct with delivering expectations and the facts of IVF treatment...He adjusted my treatment accordingly for the following trial, which turned out to be successful...
Nurses of [Harvard Vanguard] are responsive and answered my millions of questions with hormones...good with scheduling and tried to accommodate my work schedule...Got me in quickly with concerns during pregnancy...Dr. O referred me to a wonderful Dr. for my high risk pregnancy- due to age and multiples...Sometimes needed overnight hormones due to change in treatment
How was your experience with Charles Obasiolu at Harvard Vanguard?
Dr.O was direct with delivering expectations and the facts of IVF treatment. He showed compassion when the 1st trial failed. He adjusted my treatment accordingly for the following trial, which turned out to be successful. Overall he was a great physician and I would highly recommend him to anyone.
He delivers the facts, which may be scary, but you need to know the reality of what you are about to go through. He is more then extremely capable at his profession. He is also analytical which is what makes him great. Do not interpret this as lack of compassion
He was very upfront and realistic with the facts. He showed compassion when things did not work on the first trial and was supportive throughout the process. Dr. O referred me to a wonderful Dr. for my high risk pregnancy- due to age and multiples
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Harvard Vanguard.
Responsive and answered my millions of questions with hormones
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
Good with scheduling and tried to accommodate my work schedule Got me in quickly with concerns during pregnancy Long wait to get initial appointment Sometimes needed overnight hormones due to change in treatment- dowsing one ultrasound results

2010 - 2013, Unknown Success
Dr Obasiolu was with me for three years of treatments. He cared deeply for me, and I always felt like a person with him. Over those three years, he performed multiple treatments, including a D&E for a miscarriage, a polyp removal and the other surgeries. I felt that he was truly behind me and he always respected my choices even if they differed from his r commendations...He is matter of fact, and his warmth may not shine through, but it is there! Ask questions, listen, trust.
Love. These nurses [at Harvard Vanguard] were so supportive during three years of treatments. I was sad to move on from the team when I finally did get pregnant! Caring, compaaasionate, personable...Dr Obasiolu, in his matter of fact but warm way, cheered me on throughout the process. I always felt that he cared deeply for me and was committed to a positive outcome. also, his confidence that I would get pregnant was a helpful motivator. He was with me for three years and multiple procedures, and even three years later when I visited him with my daughter he remembered many details about my case.
I can't remember!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Harvard Vanguard.
Love. These nurses were so supportive during three years of treatments. I was sad to move on from the team when I finally did get pregnant! Caring, compaaasionate, personable.
0. Amazing health insurance and infertility coverage
Though the recommendations were for 2 to be transferred, I was always listened to and never challenged when we elected to do a single embryo transfer.
Boston
[Dr. Obasiolu] was willing to be aggressive with treatment (I need TONS of drugs to have anything happen), and he was sensitive to my goals (I wanted a big family). My favorite thing about him was his insistence (before he knew it was our desire too) to only transfer one embryo
Chris [Boston IVF nurse] really cared about me. When I had a major setback the first time I took injectables (I didn't do it correctly and thus got no eggs - it was TOTALLY my fault), she was so sweet and comforting.
How was your experience with Charles Obasiolu at Boston IVF?
He was professional and aggressive, and I got a baby out of it all, so I'm sure that colors my opinion. But I liked that he was honest and straightforward (no sugar-coating).
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Charles Obasiolu at Boston IVF?
No specific advice.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Charles Obasiolu at Boston IVF?
He is DEFINITELY not warm and fuzzy, but he knew his stuff, was willing to be aggressive with treatment (I need TONS of drugs to have anything happen), and he was sensitive to my goals (I wanted a big family). My favorite thing about him was his insistence (before he knew it was our desire too) to only transfer one embryo (given my overall health and relatively young age - 27).
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Chris (she's no longer there))
I LOVE Chris. She is by far my most favorite nurse/doctor I've ever interacted with. She was so caring and compassionate. She really cared about me. When I had a major setback the first time I took injectables (I didn't do it correctly and thus got no eggs - it was TOTALLY my fault), she was so sweet and comforting.
Boston IVF