Cherise Felix

ResidencyUniversity of Tennessee College of Medicine
Smyrna
300 Stonecrest Pkwy
Smyrna, Tennessee 37167
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Cherise Felix to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Providence OBGYN to a friend?
2010 - 2017
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Dr. Felix was the first doctor to listen to me and take my concerns seriously. While she is an OBGYN, she completed her residency in a fertility clinic and so she is capable of doing everything except IVF. When she has a question, she reaches out to fertility specialists with whom she has a strong relationship, and she gets additional advice from them. She was also able to connect me with that specialist for a phone consult, which was very helpful. If there is something she can't treat, she is honest and I trust her judgement.
2010 - 2017
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
How was your experience with Cherise Felix at Providence OBGYN?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Cherise Felix at Providence OBGYN?
Listen to her. Trust her. She wants you to succeed because obviously it means she gets to deliver your precious baby. She won't give you advice that is faulty. Trust her instincts. She has never been wrong with me.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Cherise Felix at Providence OBGYN?
Dr. Felix takes time to know her patients on an intimate level. She treats you like a friend - she hugs you when she sees you - she pulls up a chair and takes time to have personal conversation before getting down to business. I greatly appreciate this about her because she makes you feel like family, and not just another number on her chart.
Describe the protocols Cherise Felix used in your cycles at Providence OBGYN and their degree of success.
Dr. Felix helped me get pregnant with my daughter in 2009 via Clomid, Metformin, and Novarel. Over the last five years, we've tried a similar strategy, followed by Femara and later on to Follistim as she noticed my response was declining to each. We finally got a decent handle on the Follistim when I ended up needing a break because I was exhausted mentally, physically, and financially from the treatments. She respected my decisions and has made herself available if I end up ready to try again.
Dr. Felix hires the best nurses. They were always helpful with scheduling ultrasounds, calling in prescriptions on time, etc. Anyone who falls short doesn't last because she does have high expectations for her staff. They have cried with me, hugged me, and been a huge support over the years.
Describe your experience with Providence OBGYN.
This isn't a typical fertility clinic, so IVF isn't an option here, but all oral meds, injectables, and IUI are on the table. For patients who are looking to hopefully get pregnant and keep the same doctor for delivery, this office is a great option!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Cherise Felix at Providence OBGYN.
IUI is $400. Medications vary, but there is a pharmacy on the first floor of the hospital that this office is in. My doctor fully supported me ordering Follistim overseas as well.
Describe Cherise Felix's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Providence OBGYN.
Dr. Felix is an OBGYN so she is unable to do IVF. She can do IUI though, and will be happy to refer patients who are ready for a fertility clinic past IUI.
What specific things went wrong at Providence OBGYN?
Cherise Felix