Nurse available by email
406-238-2475
925 Highland Boulevard
Bozeman, MT 59715
406-587-9202
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Christene McDonnell to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 100%9.3

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care to a friend?
2019 - 2020
PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Other
the plan [with Dr. Christene McDonnell] is for a medicated IUI with a baseline ultrasound, Letrozole on CD 3-7, then another ultrasound around CD 10 or 11 followed by a trigger shot when ready (Ovidrel) and IUI immediately following...has a way of maintaining open communication and always being open to explaining things more than once if needed...is very pleasant to be around and is obviously very knowledgeable. However, we found that sometimes her explanation of treatment plans was lacking certain details. More than once we had to call back for further explanation, especially when plans changed.
I've dealt with a few nurses during my visits [at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care] and they've all been pleasant...One of my follow-up blood tests was completely lost. They did not even realize it until I called asking about my test results and they were unaware I had even come in to have my blood drawn...I'm grateful to have this facility and the doctors in our small community. Pro - they have a private nurse line and typically get back to you within the same day with answers to your questions. Not really any cons at this tim
2019 - 2020
PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Other
How was your experience with Christene McDonnell at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care?
Christine is very pleasant to be around and is obviously very knowledgeable. However, we found that sometimes her explanation of treatment plans was lacking certain details. More than once we had to call back for further explanation, especially when plans changed.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Christene McDonnell at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care?
Come prepared with questions and make sure to take lots of notes! You'll be overwhelmed with information and it's important to make note of everything.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Christene McDonnell at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care?
Christine has a way of maintaining open communication and always being open to explaining things more than once if needed.
Describe the protocols Christene McDonnell used in your cycles at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care and their degree of success.
We have not been through a full cycle of treatment yet, but the plan is for a medicated IUI with a baseline ultrasound, Letrozole on CD 3-7, then another ultrasound around CD 10 or 11 followed by a trigger shot when ready (Ovidrel) and IUI immediately following.
I've dealt with a few nurses during my visits and they've all been pleasant.
Describe your experience with Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care.
I'm grateful to have this facility and the doctors in our small community. Pro - they have a private nurse line and typically get back to you within the same day with answers to your questions. Not really any cons at this time.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Christene McDonnell at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care.
I've only had many appointments and blood tests and haven't reached a full cycle of treatment yet. Keep in mind that costs differ depending on insurance and coverage. I'm on a high deductible plan that covers all infertility diagnostic testing and visits (so, all out of pocket costs towards my deductible), but any artificial procedures will not be covered. Doctor visits tend to be around $169/ea (before insurance) after your initial consult ($248 for 1st visit). Blood tests ranged quite a bit so I can't say for sure. HSG was $1140 (after insurance) through BDH and a separate $183 charge through Billings Clinic. I've been told each follicle scan will be around $176/ea, the IUI procedure will be $284 and sperm prep is $175, and meds will be separate. There are other costs but those are the basics.
Describe Christene McDonnell's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care.
What specific things went wrong at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Christene McDonnell at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care.

Ask a lot of questions, she [Dr. Christene McDonnell] is always happy to answer...Since we were dealing with male factor infertility and pcos, she suggested we start with IUI. IUI uses techniques that are beneficial to assisting our case. After the first cycle was not successful, she adjusted my medication. Unfortunately, IUI was not the answer to our infertility treatment...very vivacious, compassionate and caring. She always seemed excited to see me, although, each time, she would say "I hope we don't see you again". Meaning that hopefully the treatment would work.
The nursing staff [at Billings Clinic] was always prompt in responding to my calls and questions. I usually received a call within the same day. The front desk staff was friendly as well as the in-house phlebotomists. The doctors were always great in answering my questions, no matter how many I had!...Julia was helpful and compassionate. Personality-wise, I did not connect with her as well as I did with another nurse, but Julia was always very friendly and happy to help with anything!
Christine was super friendly and explained things very thoroughly. Even though our IUI treatment was not successful, she was always positive and upbeat which helped me with my disappointment. Christine is supportive and compassionate with her patients.
You will love her! Ask a lot of questions, she is always happy to answer.
Christine is very vivacious, compassionate and caring. She always seemed excited to see me, although, each time, she would say "I hope we don't see you again". Meaning that hopefully the treatment would work.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care. (Assigned nurse: Julia)
The nursing staff was always prompt in responding to my calls and questions. I usually received a call within the same day. The front desk staff was friendly as well as the in-house phlebotomists. The doctors were always great in answering my questions, no matter how many I had!
The costs were a little confusing at first, but made more sense as we went along. It might have been helpful to see a price list of each type of treatment, or offer some kind of inclusive package.
Did not apply during Christine McDonnell's treatment