Medical SchoolSantander
FellowshipU. of Pennsylvania
300 Medical Parkway
Chesapeake, VA 23320
757-405-7821
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Christian Perez to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Procreate Fertility Center of Virginia to a friend?
IVF, Donor Sperm
Dr. Perez has an acccent so initially I was nervous that there would be things I wouldn’t understand about the process due to misunderstandings due to language, however, after our consultation with him those worries were put to bed because he makes sure you are understanding the process step by step.... He laid out our options and explained everything to us about IUI, IVF, and Reciprocal IVF. We selected reciprocal IVF using my wife’s eggs and my uterus and we are planning on doing the November cycle.
IVF, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Christian Perez at Procreate Fertility Center of Virginia?
Dr. Perez has an acccent so initially I was nervous that there would be things I wouldn’t understand about the process due to misunderstandings due to language, however, after our consultation with him those worries were put to bed because he makes sure you are understanding the process step by step. He also utilizes pictures (both on the computer and hand drawn) to make sure everyone is on the same page. I really appreciate the patience he has as my wife and I had a million questions about the procedure. He laid out our options and explained everything to us about IUI, IVF, and Reciprocal IVF. We selected reciprocal IVF using my wife’s eggs and my uterus and we are planning on doing the November cycle.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Christian Perez at Procreate Fertility Center of Virginia?
If you have questions, don’t hesitate to ask. He will answer them no matter how “silly” you think they may be. He also likes to jump right in the testing process. We went to the consultation and the very same day I had my ultrasound and blood work.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Christian Perez at Procreate Fertility Center of Virginia?
Every time my wife and I go to the office they treat us as if we are their family. We started this process in August to go through all our testing and every time we have been to the office since then they remember details about us that we wouldn’t have expected them to remember. Dr. Perez is very patient and understanding in making sure you completely understand the process. And Katherine Duey (a Nurse Practicianer at Procreate) remembers even the tiniest of details from previous conversations. They truly do seem invested in our progress like they are our own little cheering squad!
Describe the protocols Christian Perez used in your cycles at Procreate Fertility Center of Virginia and their degree of success.
We have completed the testing phase of the process and we are about to enter the protocol phase. We are currently waiting on my wife to start her period so she can begin the birth control. Once we report her period to the office, they will give us the rest of the information about when we need to do what. As far as vitamins so far, they have me taking Ovasitol (2x a day), 4000 mg of vitamin D, prenatal vitamin, and birth control. My wife is taking Ovasitol (once a day), CoQ10 ( I don’t remember the mg).
Describe your experience with your nurse at Procreate Fertility Center of Virginia. (Assigned nurse: Katherine Duey)
Katherine is simply amazing. She remembers just about every conversation we have ever had and is very helpful with even the “silly” questions with great compassion. She is very good at putting you at ease even in the most uncomfortable situations (definitely taking about the ultrasound wand while looking at a polyp—which sounds terrifying, but isn’t).
Describe your experience with Procreate Fertility Center of Virginia.
Communication is great with the clinic. We primarily utilize the patient care portal to communicate between appointments and for the most part someone responds within 24 hours, even on the weekends. Communication is great too when it comes to billing. My insurance doesn’t cover very much on the testing due to me not meeting my deductible yet and they always make sure to call before the appointment so we don’t have any issues at the appointment with payment. It takes a little bit of the stress out. As far as weaknesses, I’m not sure if it was my inability to listen/remember, but I didn’t know that they were going to call in the RX for the birth control the day of our last appointment. I thought I had to call the day of my period and they would call it in that day. It would have saved a little stress and worry if I had clarified this prior to leaving the office that day. However I think this is my weakness as much as theirs. If you don’t fully know something, make sure you clarify to be sure.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Christian Perez at Procreate Fertility Center of Virginia.
Our initial consultation with Dr. Perez was free due to winning a drawing from a pride festival in our area. For my wife’s testing, it was $50/appointment due to her insurance covering the fertility testing minus the “specialist” copay. My insurance covered very little due to me not meeting my deductible so my fees were as follows: Ultrasound: $140 HSG: $329.29 Sono: $352.69 I’m not sure about how much the blood work costs due to lab corp citing the reasoning for the blood work incorrectly so my insurance declined it. I am currently in the process of trying to get this resolved
Describe Christian Perez's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Procreate Fertility Center of Virginia.
From the conversations we have had with Dr. Perez, he as left it up to us as to how many embryos we will transfer. It is our plan to transfer 2 embreyos, which is basically what we told him at our consultation.
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
He [Dr Perez] took a holistic approach from the beginning - concentrating on the root of my issues. We have been working towards conception, but also focusing on my health and management of my PCOS and other issues. Because of this, I finally started ovulating on my own (after 11 years of trying to conceive). We got pregnant naturally between treatments, but it's because we worked on healing me. I'm so much healthier to carry this baby, and I have him to thank. He was candid about my health and that I needed to make life changes. He taught me how to work with my body. He diagnosed my issues, has treated them with medication and surgery. He cares and he works for you. But he asks you to do your part too. He also was always there for me when I was anxious or had a disappointing cycle. He never lost hope and his positive energy kept us moving forward.
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Christian Perez at New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine?
My experience with Dr Perez has been incredible. He took a holistic approach from the beginning - concentrating on the root of my issues. We have been working towards conception, but also focusing on my health and management of my PCOS and other issues. Because of this, I finally started ovulating on my own (after 11 years of trying to conceive). We got pregnant naturally between treatments, but it's because we worked on healing me. I'm so much healthier to carry this baby, and I have him to thank. He was candid about my health and that I needed to make life changes. He taught me how to work with my body. He diagnosed my issues, has treated them with medication and surgery. He cares and he works for you. But he asks you to do your part too. He also was always there for me when I was anxious or had a disappointing cycle. He never lost hope and his positive energy kept us moving forward.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Christian Perez at New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Be open-minded and heed his advice. He cares about more than pregnancy; the physical and mental health of his patients are very important to him. Ask questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Christian Perez at New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine?
From surgery to IVF and everything in between, Dr Perez kept in constant contact with me. The time and care he has shown goes so far beyond what any physician has ever offered me. If I had a question or concern, he made it a priority. Plus he's warm, kind and capable.
Describe the protocols Christian Perez used in your cycles at New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
PCOS, high AMH IVF Freeze All - antagonist Day 1-4: 200 Follistim + 1 vial Menopur Day 5-6: 200 Follistim + 1 vial Menopur + Ganirelix Day 7: 125 Follistim + 1 vial Menopur + Ganirelix Day 8: 100 Follistim + 1 vial Menopur + Ganirelix Day 9: no stim meds + Ganirelix Day 10: Two Lupron triggers 12 hrs apart Freeze all and Lupron triggers due to risk of OHSS. E2 levels extremely high. No OHSS! 19 retrieved, 11 fertilized with ICSI, 8 blasts at day 5/6 high enough quality to freeze Transfer 1- 2 embryos, one took, m/c at 6 weeks Transfer 2 - 2 embryos, negative Now pregnant naturally
The nursing staff during procedures is great. They are caring and compassionate. I felt a little lost during my cycles though. I wasn't always given enough information. And one very important instruction from the physician was not relayed to me post op, very frustrating. I had some complications. Overall they were good.
Describe your experience with New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine.
It's a great clinic. I enjoyed working with both physicians. The reception staff, nurses etc have all been warm and helpful. The facility is beautiful, and they work hard to stay up to date with the latest technology. My only real issues were with communication and financial disclosure. I knew it would be a complicated process, and expensive, but I wasn't given accurate or timely information all the time. Overall, though, Dr Perez and staff make up for any negatives by treating me like I matter to them. I never felt like a number. I'm healthy, happy and pregnant. :)
Describe the costs associated with your care under Christian Perez at New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Prior to Dr Perez: (2) Monitored Femara Cycles with IUI: 1995 each IVF Freeze All with Dr Perez: Approx $13K - included all ultrasounds, retrieval, anesthesia, ICSI, extended culture, vitrification of 8 embryos, 1 year storage IVF meds were approx $3600 (discounted) paid to pharmacy Frozen Embryo Transfer: Approx $3500 each cycle, included ultrasounds, thawing, assisted hatching and transfer Cryo cycle meds were approx $600 each cycle Other procedures were billable to insurance and the prices varied.
What specific things went wrong at New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Endometriosis, PCOS
I have PCOS. Once the egg retrieval [with Dr. Perez] was completed I over stimulated and they took excellent care of me with fluids and monitoring. Came back 2 weeks later only had 2 eggs that were able to be transferred out of 39 I think. Transfer was completed in the office and waited 2 weeks for a pregnancy test which was positive. Then about week later I had a miscarriage. Dr Perez took more blood to determine the reason and suggests that the egg just were not growing and suggested another try unfortunately we were not able to do it a second time due to funds.
Endometriosis, PCOS
Unfortunately my process was unsuccessful and this had no effect on Dr Perez. He was very thorough and explained everything that was happening at the time. The staff was awesome and took the time to be compassionate and described medication procedures were you can understand.
Go into this with good questions and maybe a notepad he will fill you with some much info at the beginning to explain why you are having trouble conceiving and what can be done to help.
He was very interested in me as a person.
Prior to egg retrieval I was required to take injections to enlarge my eggs. There was also a surgery that was preformed I am unsure what is was called but I remember them explaining it to me as if they were going to shock my ovaries to hopefully start working since I have PCOS. Once the egg retrieval was completed I over stimulated and they took excellent care of me with fluids and monitoring. Came back 2 weeks later only had 2 eggs that were able to be transferred out of 39 I think. Transfer was completed in the office and waited 2 weeks for a pregnancy test which was positive. Then about week later I had a miscarriage. Dr Perez took more blood to determine the reason and suggests that the egg just were not growing and suggested another try unfortunately we were not able to do it a second time due to funds.
The nurses were very dedicated to there work and made you feel important and that the cared.
Describe your experience with New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The time of the appointments for my schedule was really hard I had to miss a lot of work during this process. Financial team did what they could to inform you of the cost it would take for the treatment.
My medications with insurance coverage was around $2000 Total with everything and surgeries about $15000 plus
Describe Christian Perez's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Dr Perez gave me the option of transfer one or two eggs
Virginia Beach
Dr Perez does not explain things unless you ask. It seems like he assumes you already know. Unlike his assistant nurse practitioner Kat, who is warm and asks you if you understand and have any questions. He has a tendency to do the ultrasound, tell u what will happen next, shake your hand, and he is out of the room before you can blink.
Dr Perez is very knowledgeable and confident in what he is doing. He may not be the most personal or open to conversation, but very dependable. He will explain things if you ask, but is not one to reasure or give you false hope.
Look past his slow to warm up personality. He knows what he is doing and does it very well. I always trusted his judgment. He will always have you and your future in his best interest.
Dr Perez does not expain things unless you ask. It seems like he assumes you already know. Unlike his assistant nurse practitioner Kat, who is warm and asks you if you understand and have any questions. He has a tendency to do the ultrasound, tell u what will happen next, shake your hand, and he is out of the room before you can blink.
I am a lgbt individual who has lack of sperm and pollycyctic ovaries. I was put on meds to help with the pco and assisted with chlomid one cycle and femera the next. This helped with timing for the IUI and to get my eggs to release a mature egg that would hold. We had to not try the second month after a neg pregnancy, due to my eggs not going back to normal after my cycle. I am now pregnant after my 2nd IUI (3rd month)and getting blood work every 2 days to check my estrogen and thighroide levels.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Nurse Practitioner Kat)
Answered all of my questions and was ver compationate and warm. Had her staff explain all meds and always asked if I had questions or concerns.
Describe your experience with New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Front desk is very welcoming and inviting. Most of the waiting is in the room, for the doc to do your ultrasound. They have many clients so you may not have a very long time with the doc. Make sure you ask them in the room while you have their ear. Dont be afraid to ask what the next step is and why you are taking certain medications. Also dont be afraid to ask the sweet ladies that do your blood work what they are testing for. Every case is unique so they will taylor their care to you.
Approx 2,000 a cycle
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
He thoroughly explains all angles every time. In addition, he isn’t taking failure as an option. He is always willing to work with us and help us get the cycle done. Dr. Perez is genuinely rooting for us and has helped diagnose many issues in my fertility journey.... First cycle - menopur, gonal F, estrogen and trigger shot. Take COQ10, metformin (for PCOS), thyroid medication, baby aspirin and prenatal vitamins. Invocell capsule used and 8 embryos went into arrest and did not make it to “day5 embryos.” Second cycle - same regimine. Freeze all delayed FET transfer. 3 embryos and 2 FETs.
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Ask questions and don’t leave until you understand fully. Ask to take home the pictures he draws.
They have invested in my personal life & check up via text messages/emails. I believe they geneuinely are routing for me.
I LOVE the nursing staff; however, at times it feels like they do not have enough nursing staff to support the large amount of patients. Also, the nurse that draws blood is not pleasant.
Describe your experience with Procreate Fertility Center of Virginia.
Their Strengths are their genuine advise and demeanor, their personalbility, they are always helpful when I am confused of have a million questions and understanding of what the patients are going through and the stress they are dealing with. Weaknesses - I wish I had my baby by now. I hate being told I am “an easy case,” but going into our 3rd cycle.
Invocell - appeoximately $10k Ivf - approximately $14k
What specific things went wrong at Procreate Fertility Center of Virginia?
IVF, Donor Sperm
Dr. Perez is very knowledgeable and great at transferring that knowledge in a way that is easy to follow and understand. He is incredibly patient and genuine. He showed many pictures and made drawings and diagrams to explain the procedures to us. He provides his email address and phone number so we can reach out if we have questions. He is very positive and optimistic, and has made the process very enjoyable....
IVF, Donor Sperm
Bring a notebook and take notes. You will get a lot of information to digest.
At Procreate, they know their patients. They remember our names on sight and many details that we share with them. It’s a very comfortable, personal experience.
We are awaiting our exact protocol for retrieval and transfer in November.
Kat is phenomenal. She is kind, patient and personable. She puts special emphasis on comfort during tests and procedures. She is a available for questions and is easy to reach. The full staff of nurses are wonderful.
Describe your experience with Procreate Fertility Center of Virginia.
Occasionally, when information is passed to the office staff to communicate, it gets a bit confused or hard to understand. However, they’re very responsive and great at quickly providing clarification. The office is clean and welcoming.
RIVF is just over $12,000 including transfer.
What specific things went wrong at Procreate Fertility Center of Virginia?
2012 - 2015
IVF, Donor Eggs
Uterine Fibroids, Other
Dr. Perez is a very personable doctor...I would recommend his office [New Hope Center] and him as a doctor. I felt that I had the best results when I used acupuncture (not at Dr. Perez' office) all along with my treatment....I thought the cost of IVF was given beforehand, but total costs were not really outlined. It was more expensive than I was prepared for when you added in labs, surgical fees and other necessary costs, but worth it. Maybe no one would do it if they knew ahead of time exactly how much it would all cost.
2012 - 2015
IVF, Donor Eggs
Uterine Fibroids, Other
Excellent doctor. I am very happy to have three beautiful children as a result of his care.
If fertility services were needed I would recommend his office and him as a doctor. I felt that I had the best results when I used acupuncture (not at Dr. Perez' office) all along with my treatment.
Dr. Perez is a very personable doctor.
I used donor egg IVF 5 different times and don' t remember any details other than that. I really just did whatever they recommended, ICSI and extended culture. Because of my age, I never tried with my own eggs. Fresh cycles were more successful than frozen.
They were great. One nurse failed to tell me a necessary medication to take before a procedure and miscommunicated to me about an expensive test, that I chose to get based upon misinformation. All other experiences, many more than two, were positive.
I don't remember.
What specific things went wrong at New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine?
IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Endometriosis, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Immunological, Other, Unexplained
Dr. Perez gave me his cell phone to communicate with him after hours if needed. He called on weekends when I had emergencies to check on me. He let me watch everything he was doing and showed me while telling me what was going on... Dr. Perez remembers everything about me and my husband. He is so warm and seems to genuinely care... His new clinic Procreate is very friendly. It is a smaller space but he is trying to expand. His NP is amazing and all of his staff is helpful
IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Endometriosis, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Immunological, Other, Unexplained
He has an accent that you need to get used to but he is there for you and will make your experience as easy as possible.
They were all friendly and helpful
Describe your experience with Procreate Fertility Center of Virginia.
When he was at the Bew Hope Center the staff was good but had some errors. His new clinic Procreate is very friendly. It is a smaller space but he is trying to expand. His NP is amazing and all of his staff is helpful