4.8

300 Medical Parkway
Chesapeake, VA 23320
757-405-7821

2021 - 2022, Unknown Success
[Dr. Perez] just looked over my chart and what I had to say and said "pk, IUI would be the next step, we will be contacting you." That was the only time I ever spoke with him...Because we were paying for these out of pocket (roughly $2k a round) we decided we could not continue to put money into a procedure that clearly was not working. After our 2nd failed IUI, [a different physician] suggested we go back to my OB and see if I can have the surgery to be tested for endometriosis.
Overall this [Procreate Fertility Center] clinic lacks prompt communication. They tell you to communicate via portal, but then they take days to respond and their responses are super short. Often times I would have to message back to get a response to something or remind them that I was waiting...Each round of IUI was $1800. The supplements I was asked to purchase and take was roughly $300 for a 2 month supply and the trigger shots were $60 a piece.
How was your experience with Christian Perez at Procreate Fertility Center of Virginia?
There isn't much I can say because I only spoke to him for 10 minutes during my initial consultation. I have never spoken to him since. he did not perform any of my in clinic visits or IUI's or ultrasounds, etc.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Christian Perez at Procreate Fertility Center of Virginia?
Ask as many questions as you want and don't be afraid to say you don't understand.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Christian Perez at Procreate Fertility Center of Virginia?
My initial consultation was via zoom and lasted maybe 10 minutes. He just looked over my chart and what I had to say and said "ok, IUI would be the next step, we will be contacting you." That was the only time I ever spoke with him. I have since only dealt with Kathryn in his office, and sometimes I have to beg to get a response back.
Describe the protocols Christian Perez used in your cycles at Procreate Fertility Center of Virginia and their degree of success.
At the time of my consultation with Dr. Perez, we had what was called "unexplained, secondary infertility." Every test had pointed us in that direction so he agreed with my OBGYN that the next step would be IUI. He said that based on everything it should result in a pregnancy because we had no other indicators as to why we hadn't been able to get pregnant over the last 6 years. Kat ended up being our Dr. (she was not an option to choose when doing this review) We never saw or spoke to Dr. Perez after the initial consult. Kat agreed with the course of IUI and we went through 2 rounds with her, both failed. Because we were paying for these out of pocket (roughly $2k a round) we decided we could not continue to put money into a procedure that clearly was not working. After our 2nd failed IUI, Kat suggested we go back to my OB and see if I can have the surgery to be tested for endometriosis. I had no symptoms or signs that led to this but she said it couldn't hurt to check so we can mark that off of our list. I had my consult with my OBGYN and she agreed that it couldn't hurt and we proceeded with the surgery. It was then that she found 4 small spots of endometriosis and ablated them. I am grateful to Kat for pushing me towards that and we meet again next week to discuss next steps.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Procreate Fertility Center of Virginia.
I never got that true warm and fuzzy feeling with this clinic. But we also don't have many clinics near me, so I don't really have many options. Each time I was in it was just like another number being checked off to move onto the next patient.
Describe your experience with Procreate Fertility Center of Virginia.
Overall this clinic lacks prompt communication. They tell you to communicate via portal, but then they take days to respond and their responses are super short. Often times I would have to message back to get a response to something or remind them that I was waiting. I am grateful to Kat for getting me to the point where are now, I just wish they all had a little better bedside manner and better communication. Anyone that steps foot into that clinic is going through one of the most lonely, isolating and frustrating times in their lives, they need all the compassion and support they can get. And not feel like they are bother when they have to follow back up with them on something that was to already be provided. New patients-stay on top of them with your results.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Christian Perez at Procreate Fertility Center of Virginia.
The initial consultation was $225, and after my first failed IUI, it was another $225 to consult again. They made sure to call me before my call to collect. Each round of IUI was $1800. The supplements I was asked to purchase and take was roughly $300 for a 2 month supply and the trigger shots were $60 a piece.
What specific things went wrong at Procreate Fertility Center of Virginia?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Procreate Fertility Center of Virginia.
It took me weeks to get them to send the cost breakdown for IVF. Several portal messages and calls (not returned). Additionally, when we had our 2nd IUI blood draw to see if ti was successful, they had me wait around all day and I had to call right before they closed just to get them to tell me that my IUI failed. On my first IUI, they loaded the results into portal (I did not understand them) and several hours later someone called me to tell me it failed. Just a very inconsiderate way of handling delivering bad news to a patient.
Chesapeake

The entire time I was a patient at Procreate, I only saw Dr. Perez three times. Besides that, I was handed off to Kat, the NP. I felt very pushed off and it took me nearly having a ruptured ectopic pregnancy in order for him to be at one of my ultrasounds. I spent a year at this clinic, and got a giant run around about my care...I was only given gonal-f after femara did not work...often times I was forgotten about on serious matters regarding emergency surgery, or procedures being ran through insurance approval.
The nursing staff [at Procreate Fertility Center of Virginia] was amazing. For every downfall of this clinic, the nursing staff is what makes this place brighter...Pre-auths forgotten to be submitted. Insurance billed for "endometriosis" however, was informed I do not have endo? Still do not have that answer. Broken analysis machine on IUI day could not tell sperm results. Changed PGT/ICSI policy from optional to mandatory (even without markers) without informing IVF clients of change resulting in stop of IVF services, and search for new clinic.
Be prepared for any clinic changes to not be provided to you, and that they will assume you will cover all additional costs, even if it was not discussed with you, or you were told conflicting information. And that you will have to advocate for yourself as insurance pre-authorizations are often late or never filed.
The staff can be warm and inviting when you are in their office. However, often times I was forgotten about on serious matters regarding emergency surgery, or procedures being ran through insurance approval.
I was only given gonal-f after femara did not work.
The nursing staff was amazing. For every downfall of this clinic, the nursing staff is what makes this place brighter.
Describe your experience with Procreate Fertility Center of Virginia.
This clinic is amazing at making you feel at home. Until you have problems. I was brushed off and received a quick "sorry" after no one pre-authorized my IUI on two separate occasions. Had issues with clinic and submitting auths for medications as well. "Clinic Policy" also changed less than 30 days prior to IVF start date, and clients were not informed of this change that would have resulted in an additional 6k out of pocket.
Insurance paid for most care.

2021, Successful
Throughout my treatment I only saw Dr. Perez two times, initial consult and a random follicle check ultrasound. He was blunt with his information, which is okay....There was never a plan put in place, it was just do this and then we’ll discuss, but the discussion was never had...Saw a different provider each visit and no one ever knew the plan...The providers were content to continue trying the same medications/strategies we’d tried in the past with no success.
Clinic [Procreate Fertility Center of Virginia] was never on time. Rarely answered phone. Messed up medications (didn’t call in, told me to inject at the wrong time). Saw a different provider each visit and no one ever knew the plan...The providers were content to continue trying the same medications/strategies we’d tried in the past with no success...extremely limited appointments, poor communication, have to call several times before anyone picks up the phone, takes forever to bill insurance...
There was never a plan put in place, it was just do this and then we’ll discuss, but the discussion was never had. Throughout my treatment I only saw Dr. Perez two times, initial consult and a random follicle check ultrasound. He was blunt with his information, which is okay.
Demand to see the same provider each visit, plan to be there a while, as they’re rarely on time.
Clinic was never on time. Rarely answered phone. Messed up medications (didn’t call in, told me to inject at the wrong time). Saw a different provider each visit and no one ever knew the plan.
We did a medicated cycle with injections for IUI. It was successful, though I had to significantly advocate for myself. The providers were content to continue trying the same medications/strategies we’d tried in the past with no success.
Nurses put in medications and more than once “forgot” to send a medication in to the pharmacy. Nurse provided the time for me to trigger. Upon further questioning, it was the wrong time (60 not 36 hours prior to IUI). The nurse doubled down and told me I ruined my cycle because I didn’t trigger when she told me to. When I was able to talk to the NP, the NP stated that the nurse was wrong and I was correct to not trigger.
Describe your experience with Procreate Fertility Center of Virginia.
The clinic Rarely runs on time, extremely limited appointments, poor communication, have to call several times before anyone picks up the phone, takes forever to bill insurance. It was clean inside.