4.8

Chesapeake, VA 23320
757-405-7821

2021 - 2022, Unknown Success
1 Egg Freezing With Other Docs
We have officially had one consult with Dr. Perez but I frequently see him while I am at the clinic for appointments. He is very friendly and appears to recognize me and say hello, even if I am not scheduled to meet with him...As with any clinic, be prepared with questions and ideas on how you want to proceed. So far, Dr. Perez has been very open to discussing possible treatment plans and different options.
At Procreate, we have felt validated and heard...They have an informative nursing staff that is very responsive via the patient portal. The front office staff is professional and usually quick to respond. The billing department was more challenging to get ahold of but otherwise the staff and clinic, as a whole, are professional and informative.
How was your experience with Christian Perez at Procreate Fertility Center of Virginia?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Christian Perez at Procreate Fertility Center of Virginia?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Christian Perez at Procreate Fertility Center of Virginia?
At Procreate, we have felt validated and heard. We’ve experienced a miscarriage (naturally conceived pregnancy) and poor retrieval results at this clinic, since starting with them in the fall of 2021. Both experiences were extremely upsetting but were met by compassion and a sense of understanding. We were given practical next steps and a plan for moving forward.
Describe the protocols Christian Perez used in your cycles at Procreate Fertility Center of Virginia and their degree of success.
I used a Lupron-flair protocol for my last retrieval. He also had me use Omnitrope. I have had 5 egg retrievals (only one under his care) and I had mature follicles and was triggering by day 8, which is the earliest I have ever triggered. However, out of the 3 large follicles, they only retrieved one.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Procreate Fertility Center of Virginia. (Assigned nurse: Katherine Duey)
Kat is an incredible human. She is quick to respond, and if she is unavailable the rest of the team is there with a response. Kat shows compassion and acknowledges the struggles associated with infertility. She presents you with practical next steps and is willing to listen and validate your thoughts, feelings and ideas. I have dealt with several nurses within the infertility world, and I would say confidently that Kat is of the best.
Describe your experience with Procreate Fertility Center of Virginia.
Procreate is much quicker to respond than the other two clinics I have worked with in the Hampton Roads area. They have an informative nursing staff that is very responsive via the patient portal. The front office staff is professional and usually quick to respond. The billing department was more challenging to get ahold of but otherwise the staff and clinic, as a whole, are professional and informative.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Christian Perez at Procreate Fertility Center of Virginia.
We paid a little over $19,00 to Procreate. This includes 1 egg retrieval and 2 transfers. Anesthesia for the egg retrieval was not included and it cost $500. We also had to pay for meds, which was around $5,000.
Describe Christian Perez's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Procreate Fertility Center of Virginia.
We haven’t reached this step yet with this clinic but given my age and low number of eggs retrieved, it will likely be recommended that I only do a single embryo transfer.

2017 - 2019, Unsuccessful
Dr. Perez offered an [Eset] opinion on the first transfer but he did not push us either way...takes his time when explaining everything to you...he made sure that me and my husband both understood everything and answered all of our questions...I would say that if you are sensitive than be prepared because he does not sugar coat anything...he was not shy to repeatedly bring up my age and my weight. I left in tears a few times. We had to postpone a transfer because I started my period out of the blue and he was very matter of fact about it- there was no comforting. With that said both me and my husband never felt as though we did not know what to expect or what was going on. He remembered conversations and concerns from previous appointments.
The office [Procreate Fertility Center of VIrginia] shares a space with another doctor's office so the lobby can appear busier than it really is. With that said I would say about half of my appointments were never on time. The up front staff is nice and when ever I have called for anything they have always gotten back to me quickly...11 eggs were retrieved and on the second go when I was not taken the metformin only 5 eggs were retrieved. I am not sure if that was the only cause. The first transfer was 2 embryos and neither took. The second transfer was only 1 embryo and embryo glue was used this time and that one did not take either.
I would say that if you are sensitive than be prepared because he does not sugar coat anything. My first few appointments with him he was not shy to repeatedly bring up my age and my weight. I left in tears a few times. We had to postpone a transfer because I started my period out of the blue and he was very matter of fact about it- there was no comforting. With that said both me and my husband never felt as though we did not know what to expect or what was going on. He remembered conversations and concerns from previous appointments.
To be prepared to hear the straight truth. He is going to tell you exactly how it is the good, the bad and the ugly.
Dr. Perez takes his time when explaining everything to you. I never felt like he was in a hurry, he made sure that me and my husband both understood everything and answered all of our questions.
For the egg retrieval I am not sure of everything that was used but I remember that the first retrieval I used 500mg of Metformin and had no issues and the second retrieval that was changed to 1000mg of Metformin and I developed an allergy- I had hives and itched all the time. I went to my primary care doctor twice before the Metformin was found to be the cause- I had a meeting with Dr. Perez about stopping it and I was a little disappointed at how not a concern it was to just stop it even though it had been explained to me that it was important for egg quality. While on the 500 mg 11 eggs were retrieved and on the second go when I was not taken the metformin only 5 eggs were retrieved. I am not sure if that was the only cause. The first transfer was 2 embryos and neither took. The second transfer was only 1 embryo and embryo glue was used this time and that one did not take either.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Procreate Fertility Center of Virginia. (Assigned nurse: Kathryn Duey)
Kat was great- she was always very encouraging. She was very organized and went over my meds on every visit to make sure that we were right on track. She would comfort me and give me great pep talks when I wasn't sure that I could go on.
Describe your experience with Procreate Fertility Center of Virginia.
The office shares a space with another doctor's office so the lobby can appear busier than it really is. With that said I would say about half of my appointments were never on time. The up front staff is nice and when ever I have called for anything they have always gotten back to me quickly.
I believe we paid around 14,000.00 a cycle not including mediciation
Dr. Perez offered an opinion on the first transfer but he did not push us either way. The second time there was only one so there was no discussion.
Chesapeake

Dr. Perez has an acccent so initially I was nervous that there would be things I wouldn’t understand about the process due to misunderstandings due to language, however, after our consultation with him those worries were put to bed because he makes sure you are understanding the process step by step.... He laid out our options and explained everything to us about IUI, IVF, and Reciprocal IVF. We selected reciprocal IVF using my wife’s eggs and my uterus and we are planning on doing the November cycle.
Communication is great with the clinic [Procreate Fertility Center of VA]. We primarily utilize the patient care portal to communicate between appointments and for the most part someone responds within 24 hours, even on the weekends. Communication is great too when it comes to billing. My insurance doesn’t cover very much on the testing due to me not meeting my deductible yet and they always make sure to call before the appointment so we don’t have any issues at the appointment with payment.
Dr. Perez has an acccent so initially I was nervous that there would be things I wouldn’t understand about the process due to misunderstandings due to language, however, after our consultation with him those worries were put to bed because he makes sure you are understanding the process step by step. He also utilizes pictures (both on the computer and hand drawn) to make sure everyone is on the same page. I really appreciate the patience he has as my wife and I had a million questions about the procedure. He laid out our options and explained everything to us about IUI, IVF, and Reciprocal IVF. We selected reciprocal IVF using my wife’s eggs and my uterus and we are planning on doing the November cycle.
If you have questions, don’t hesitate to ask. He will answer them no matter how “silly” you think they may be. He also likes to jump right in the testing process. We went to the consultation and the very same day I had my ultrasound and blood work.
Every time my wife and I go to the office they treat us as if we are their family. We started this process in August to go through all our testing and every time we have been to the office since then they remember details about us that we wouldn’t have expected them to remember. Dr. Perez is very patient and understanding in making sure you completely understand the process. And Katherine Duey (a Nurse Practicianer at Procreate) remembers even the tiniest of details from previous conversations. They truly do seem invested in our progress like they are our own little cheering squad!
We have completed the testing phase of the process and we are about to enter the protocol phase. We are currently waiting on my wife to start her period so she can begin the birth control. Once we report her period to the office, they will give us the rest of the information about when we need to do what. As far as vitamins so far, they have me taking Ovasitol (2x a day), 4000 mg of vitamin D, prenatal vitamin, and birth control. My wife is taking Ovasitol (once a day), CoQ10 ( I don’t remember the mg).
Katherine is simply amazing. She remembers just about every conversation we have ever had and is very helpful with even the “silly” questions with great compassion. She is very good at putting you at ease even in the most uncomfortable situations (definitely taking about the ultrasound wand while looking at a polyp—which sounds terrifying, but isn’t).
Describe your experience with Procreate Fertility Center of Virginia.
Communication is great with the clinic. We primarily utilize the patient care portal to communicate between appointments and for the most part someone responds within 24 hours, even on the weekends. Communication is great too when it comes to billing. My insurance doesn’t cover very much on the testing due to me not meeting my deductible yet and they always make sure to call before the appointment so we don’t have any issues at the appointment with payment. It takes a little bit of the stress out. As far as weaknesses, I’m not sure if it was my inability to listen/remember, but I didn’t know that they were going to call in the RX for the birth control the day of our last appointment. I thought I had to call the day of my period and they would call it in that day. It would have saved a little stress and worry if I had clarified this prior to leaving the office that day. However I think this is my weakness as much as theirs. If you don’t fully know something, make sure you clarify to be sure.
Our initial consultation with Dr. Perez was free due to winning a drawing from a pride festival in our area. For my wife’s testing, it was $50/appointment due to her insurance covering the fertility testing minus the “specialist” copay. My insurance covered very little due to me not meeting my deductible so my fees were as follows: Ultrasound: $140 HSG: $329.29 Sono: $352.69 I’m not sure about how much the blood work costs due to lab corp citing the reasoning for the blood work incorrectly so my insurance declined it. I am currently in the process of trying to get this resolved
From the conversations we have had with Dr. Perez, he as left it up to us as to how many embryos we will transfer. It is our plan to transfer 2 embreyos, which is basically what we told him at our consultation.