6.1

Christina E. Boots works at

259 E. Erie St
Chicago, IL 60611
312-695-7269

Doctor [Boots] is very understanding of my particular situation. With a lot of money at stake for treatment a bit more clarity or face to face time would be appreciated. I felt heard but I would like a more detailed explanation of why, when things don’t work ... She was open to discussing pros and cons about this [eSET approach]. ... 2 IUI with Clomid, Ovidrel - negative 1 IUI Letrozole, Ovidrel (I asked for Letrozole change)
Strength- works like clockwork. Patient portal is good. Staff [Northwestern Medicine] is friendly. Experienced group of Doctors who consult with each other and work as a team Weakness- monitoring feels like a cattle call. Have to ask questions to get detailed answers. Doctor doesn’t call with negative results, unless you make the effort to talk or ask for appointment or call back. ...My nurse is fantastic. Very compassionate, organized and understanding. She did all the communication as direct correspondence with Doctor is not the norm here. She forwarded questions to appropriate departments
How was your experience with Christina E. Boots at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
Doctor is very understanding of my particular situation. With a lot of money at stake for treatment a bit more clarity or face to face time would be appreciated. I felt heard but I would like a more detailed explanation of why, when things don’t work
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Christina E. Boots at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
Do your research and ask a lot of questions
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Christina E. Boots at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
The Doctor is very personable. I did a lot of research before the appointment. I felt like I had to ask a lot of questions myself, if not the information provided would have been just to the point of the treatment.
Describe the protocols Christina E. Boots used in your cycles at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
2 IUI with Clomid, Ovidrel - negative 1 IUI Letrozole, Ovidrel (I asked for Letrozole change) Negative 1 IVF converted to IUI because of response Antagonist- negative 1 IVF long lupron protocol negative but better result
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
Describe your experience with Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
Strength- works like clockwork. Patient portal is good. Staff is friendly. Experienced group of Doctors who consult with each other and work as a team Weakness- monitoring feels like a cattle call. Have to ask questions to get detailed answers. Doctor doesn’t call with negative results, unless you make the effort to talk or ask for appointment or call back.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
It was busy during monitoring but organized. Check in and then First come first served basis. Mostly in and out in half an hour
Describe the costs associated with your care under Christina E. Boots at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
Over $5000 so far, some coverage
Describe Christina E. Boots's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
She was open to discussing pros and cons about this.
Chicago

I only met the dr [Dr. Christina Boots] once or twice witch is normal but I never felt like she was hands on with my care. She also did not call after to discuss my results I had to be proactive with the appointment. It’s hard to rate the dr when we had little contact and poor results...You have to be proactive in your own care. Do not expect hand holding...Agnostic protocol. Gonal F ansmenopure.
Strength [at Northwestern Medicine]- early appointments with ultrasound techs. Called back in groups so the process goes faster. Weakness- Quality of care. No individual care by nurses who you primarily interact with. Rude staff...one of the worst “customer service” experience. You do not have an assigned nurse so different nurse call you every day. No one you work with directly follows your care
I only met the dr once or twice witch is normal but I never felt like she was hands on with my care. She also did not call after to discuss my results I had to be proactive with the appointment. It’s hard to rate the dr when we had little contact and poor results.
You have to be proactive in your own care. Do not expect hand holding.
Northwestern has one of the worst “customer service” experience. You do not have an assigned nurse so different nurse call you every day. No one you work with directly follows your care
Agnostic protocol. Gonal F ansmenopure.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
The worst part of Northwestern is the nurses. No continuity of care, a different nurse will call every day and she won’t know your background so it’s constantly starting over. Post op care nurse was so rude I couldn’t wait to leave post retrieval.
Describe your experience with Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
Strength- early appointments with ultrasound techs. Called back in groups so the process goes faster. Weakness- Quality of care. No individual care by nurses who you primarily interact with. Rude staff.
Cattle call. They won’t give you results until they call late in the day. Other clinics will tell you while you are on the table.
Insurance paid for most appointments.
We did not transfer the embryo. We froze it for future use.

2019 - 2021, Unsuccessful
My husband and I were advised to complete genetic testing of our embryos and paid for the service. Genetic testing never occurred. After the fact, Dr. Boots indicated my embryos were too fragile; however, this was never told to myself or my husband until the mistake was made. Since it did not occur, we were required to re-open an emotional wound and try for the embryo transfer which ultimately was unsuccessful....
Cattle call, had to get there [Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine] super early, wait in line...Make sure everything is written down and you have a copy...we were advised and paid for our embryos to be tested and this did not occur. All would have been avoided if protocol had been followed. Nowhere in my records does indicate my embryos were not to be genetically tested...I did not receive payment until I found out my embryos were not genetically tested and seeked reimbursement
Make sure she writes everything down for you and you have a copy. Do not trust her word.
Describe your experience with Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
Make sure everything is written down and you have a copy. They do not stick to their word. As mentioned, we were advised and paid for our embryos to be tested and this did not occur. All would have been avoided if protocol had been followed. Nowhere in my records does indicate my embryos were not to be genetically tested, Northwestern chose to blame it on COVID and being behind on reimbursing me on payments made. I did not receive payment until I found out my embryos were not genetically tested and seeked reimbursement. If you try a different fertility, you will immediately see where NW falls short. Save your stress and visit a clinic which cares about its patients.
Cattle call, had to get there super early, wait in line. COVID hit and they started scheduling appointments which made it easier. Would not be allowed to get lab work at the clinic if I was getting blood draw only which was ridiculous.
IVF - $10K out of pocket plus drugs, FET - $5K out of pocket plus drugs, bloodwork and monitoring. Genetic testing was between $2-3K which never happened. Billing there is a nightmare.
What specific things went wrong at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
My embryos were suppose to be genetically tested and they were not. My husband and I had to go through the process of a FET because of this error. The emotional toll and additional financial burden was not a concern to Northwestern.