Not available by email
FellowshipU. of Chicago
95 Highland Ave.
Bethlehem, PA 18017
610-868-8600
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Christina Lee to a friend?
9.7

9.7

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Family Fertility Center to a friend?
3 IVF, Donor Sperm
Dr lee is very hands on she does everything at the clinic with minimal staff. I feel like she is rushed sometimes because of this but she is very knowledgeable and in control of every aspect of the process. I feel like I did everything that was asked and went ahead with all options from the beginning and still had undesirable results with two chemical pregnancies with pgs normal embryos.... She much prefers single as the risk is much greater for multiple pregnancies.
3 IVF, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Christina Lee at Family Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Christina Lee at Family Fertility Center?
Check your insurance provider to make sure that family fertility will work with them for testing and other procedures that may be covered.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Christina Lee at Family Fertility Center?
It’s a single doctor clinic so not like a factory
Describe the protocols Christina Lee used in your cycles at Family Fertility Center and their degree of success.
All three retrieval cycles I was put on 250 follistim and 10 hcg and triggered my first retrieval with Hcg and ? The last time I did not do a double trigger bc of risk of ohss. For both FET I was on estrogen patches for about 7days then pio for 6 days before.
There is only one nurse at the clinic. My first cycle one was on, second cycle no was working and by my third cycle a new nurse was hired during.
Describe your experience with Family Fertility Center.
Clinic is sufficient- I have not seen the lab but it is all in one place. The landlord controls the heat in the entire building so it’s often chilly especially after surgical procedures. I feel as though a new patient might want to know it’s not a super warm and fuzzy cheerleader type of practice as some of the other clinics I have talked to. It’s more of a blunt staff.. maybe not as compassionate as other clinics.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Christina Lee at Family Fertility Center.
Multi cycle treatment plan was $27k Medications per cycle were about $5k each cycle. Anastesia for egg retrieval’s was $550 per retrieval. A testing cycle for era is $3500 plus Era $600 Genetic testing for embryos plus biopsy totaled over two retrieval’s $15k. Prior bloodwork and ultrasound $5k
Describe Christina Lee's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Family Fertility Center.
She much prefers single as the risk is much greater for multiple pregnancies.
Bethlehem

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Christina Lee at Family Fertility Center.

Dr. Lee did an ultrasound after our consultation and confirmed PCOS. She reviewed the semen analysis results. -I had bloodwork done offsite with a glucose test (people with PCOS are predisposed to diabetes)...always went above and beyond to answer any and all questions my husband and I had. If I ever called with questions, Dr. Lee or Erica called me back that day to answer my questions...I’m pretty sure Dr. Lee works 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week. She was there with me on days it was snowing, days near the holidays, until 6:00 PM some days...she seems to be always available to her patients and their unpredictable cycles.
How was your experience with Christina Lee at Family Fertility Center?
Dr. Lee has a very matter of fact and somehow calming demeanor. Dr. Lee has a sense of humor and made me feel at ease. She gave me confidence in our situation, but also didn’t get my hopes up. She was realistic and also optimistic. Dr. Lee always explained the course of treatment in detail. She spoke in lay terms, but also spoke to me as an educated individual and taught me quite a bit. I have full confidence in her skills as a doctor. I wish I could stay with her for the remainder of my pregnancy! I'm hoping we don't need help for our 2nd pregnancy, but if we do, I'll definitely go back to Dr. Lee.
She will lay down the facts and can sometimes come off as being blunt, but I found it somewhat refreshing to “hear it like it is.” It was surreal to be sitting there in the first place—I never thought I’d need fertility help!!—but she helped to tell me the facts. She immediately had a plan and it felt good to have someone else taking “control of the wheel”—so to speak.
Dr. Lee, nurse Erica, and the staff at Family Fertility Center are all very friendly, caring and knowledgeable. Dr. Lee always went above and beyond to answer any and all questions my husband and I had. If I ever called with questions, Dr. Lee or Erica called me back that day to answer my questions. They all seemed genuinely excited when I found out I was pregnant! :) I’m pretty sure Dr. Lee works 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week. She was there with me on days it was snowing, days near the holidays, until 6:00 PM some days...she seems to be always available to her patients and their unpredictable cycles.
-First we had a consultation and went over both of our medical histories. At that point, my husband had already had a semen analysis and I had been diagnosed with PCOS. I had already done 2 rounds of clomid without success. My progesterone numbers were not showing I was ovulating even with the clomid. That was all done through my OBGYN. -Dr. Lee did an ultrasound after our consultation and confirmed PCOS. She reviewed the semen analysis results. -I had bloodwork done offsite with a glucose test (people with PCOS are predisposed to diabetes). -I had an HSG (I think that was the acronym...) done with Dr. Lee to check my Fallopian tubes. That was more painful than I thought it would be...results came back normal. -I got my period normally (unlike me for having PCOS...) and called them (day 1 of my cycle). They scheduled me for an ultrasound in a few days. -She monitored my cycle and confirmed I shed my lining during my period. I took Letrozole pills on days 5-9 of my cycle. Letrozole is usually meant for women to prevent breast cancer, but it is known in the fertility field to stimulate ovulation better than clomid. -I was told to have intercourse every other day after Letrozole. After that, I had an ultrasound and it confirmed the Letrozole worked—I had 3 follicles ready to be released, but they hadn’t released yet. -They unfortunately didn’t release on their own (due to a lack of Lutenizing hormone), so I needed a trigger shot to make me ovulate. That was the first thing not covered by my insurance—roughly $187 out of pocket. -We were told to have intercourse 36 hrs after the trigger shot. We also did it extra times at about 48 hrs after, 60 hrs, 72 hrs...just to be sure! -2 weeks later, I took a pregnancy test and it was positive!!! -I went in the next day for bloodwork. Then I went every few days for a week or so for bloodwork to ensure my numbers were going up. I went for an ultrasound at 7 weeks, 9 weeks...and then she released me to my OBGYN!!!! I’m 12 weeks tomorrow :) (with one baby!! With the number of follicles, it could have been multiples)
Erica was superb. She was kind and compassionate. She took the time to answer any and all questions. She responded to my voicemail questions in the same day. She was always very reassuring and optimistic in such an emotional time!
Describe your experience with Family Fertility Center.
The staff at the front desk was very nice, professional, knowledgeable and helpful. It is a smaller clinic and is discreet, which was important to me. It was easy to find. The facility was clean and parking was easy.
Once my deductible was met, I paid a specialist visit for appointments ($35-40)and ultrasounds and a smaller fee when it was bloodwork only (~$22). Letrozole was covered by my insurance (less than $10), but the trigger shot was not (about $187).
Bethlehem

She [Dr. Lee] has a good sense of humor but isn’t super “touchy feely”. She makes things light but I can’t see her giving you a big hug if you’re upset (never happened with me). She is extremely detail oriented. I love her attention to detail on scans, when combing through records, calculating dosages of meds etc. She explains what she is thinking as she goes so that you understand her thought process. She makes you feel very comfortable.
How was your experience with Christina Lee at Family Fertility Center?
I have been extremely happy so far. She was very thorough during our initial consult. She is my second fertility specialist so she took the time to review all the records from my previous doctor and treatments and discussed all options moving forward. She has a good sense of humor but isn’t super “touchy feely”. She makes things light but I can’t see her giving you a big hug if you’re upset (never happened with me). She is extremely detail oriented. I love her attention to detail on scans, when combing through records, calculating dosages of meds etc. She explains what she is thinking as she goes so that you understand her thought process. She makes you feel very comfortable. I had a bad experience in the past with an endometrial biopsy and when it came time for her to do one on me she took so much time on the US looking at the curve in my cervical canal and “mapping it out” before starting. She used a smaller catheter first as a trial and then used the biopsy catheter once she noticed I was ok with that. I trust her to do the right thing. My abolsute favorite thing about her is that I see her at every visit and she is 100% involved and invested in your care. There have been times she takes my blood pressure and draws my blood herself. She calls me herself with all of the results and any changes in the treatment plan. She cares so much about her patients and the end goal of a baby.
Do not expect a hand holding doctor but know that you are getting a doctor that truly cares about you and your end goal of a baby.
I felt like the care was very personal. Dr. Lee and her staff took the time to get to know me. Also, I feel the care has been very individualized. No “standard protocol”. All about what works for me specifically.
I am currently in an IVF cycle. I am using Follistim, Novarel and Ganirelix and I will be doing my trigger shot tonight for egg retrieval later this week. Before I started IVF she did an endometrial biopsy to look for any underlying inflammation that may make the lining unfavorable. So far, the protocol seems to be working. A few days ago she noted that the “lead group” of follicles was right on track and there were a few smaller ones. She decided to wait an extra day to trigger and let them try to catch up so we could get more eggs hopefully on retrieval day. She has explained that I may not do a fresh transfer after egg retrieval if my estrogen levels are too high and if my lining does not look favorable. If that is the case she will do a frozen transfer.
I honestly have not had too much experience with the nurses since Dr. Lee does most everything herself. They have all been nice and helpful and call me back in a timely manner.
Describe your experience with Family Fertility Center.
The clinic seems well organized and well run. I have never had any issues. All financial responsibilities were explained. The consent forms were easy to access and follow. I think the only issue I have is with hours. My old clinic had very early hours for blood work and even for just a “quick check” ultrasound. It is difficult to take time off work nearly every day during this IVF cycle to just go over for a blood draw in the middle of the day. Otherwise I have been happy.
All consultations and appointments prior to the actual IVF cycle were billed appropriately to insurance. For treatment, you could either do IVF “a la carte” or in a package. Either single cycle-plus or multi cycle-plus. We chose multi cycle-plus which for one price of $27,000 gives you potential for 3 IVF cycles with 4 FETs. If you get pregnant on the first cycle, you get $14,000 back.
Dr. Lee has told me that she and the patient make this decision. We had decided before the cycle started to only transfer one embryo. She did tell us that we could transfer more than one if we wanted but explained the risks associated with that. She provided statistics and data on this.
Bethlehem

She [Dr. Christina Lee] is a amazing doctor she knows her stuff. She asks many questions to know your life style and try to help you fix that and see of anything changes before trying to do ivf. She isn't pushy. She is blunt about your diagnosis but I wouldn't have it any other way. She spends lots of time with patients but weakness makes her fall behind alot
How was your experience with Christina Lee at Family Fertility Center?
She is a amazing doctor she knows her stuff. She asks many questions to know your life style and try to help you fix that and see of anything changes before trying to do ivf. She isn't pushy. She is blunt about your diagnosis but I wouldn't have it any other way. She spends lots of time with patients but weakness makes her fall behind alot
I like her as a doctor and I think she is a great one to choose if you can afford it
She was very nice asked about are home life, she was very happy to see us joked around
I just did regular testing I never got to do ivf at all because our insurance doesn't cover it.
Trying to get ahold of them is terrible. Snd when you leave message no reply. :(
Describe your experience with Family Fertility Center.
Doctor amazing staff not as much. Prices are high . If I could afford it I like christina let alot but I wish she had better staff and wish they answered phones and worked with your schedule more. It's hard when your driving about a hour to get there and you work a full time job and they dont work well around your schedule
Never made this far

2012
Dr Lee was great. She cut through the bull and let my husband and I know what to expect and what to do. When things didn't work she took another course of action. She was there for me 24/7. She came in on weekends. Her staff was excellent. They always managed to get me in to see her.
2012
How was your experience with Christina Lee at Family Fertility Center?
Don't wait! Get in to see her right away and be open and honest about everything. Tell her how you feel and what you want.
She knew who I was. She knew my case. She was friendly and caring.
My husband and I had little time to conceive as he was losing his insurance. I started on the pill. Then did two months of IUI. When it didn't work I went back on BC for another month then we tried IUI once more and it worked!!
Dr. Lee has a very small office it is just her and a nurse. The nurse was very pleasurable and did an excellent job at drawing blood. She always made me feel at ease.
Describe your experience with Family Fertility Center.
The clinic is in an office building. It is on the smaller side bc Dr. Lee is the only doctor in the practice. It is very clean and well taken care of.
Almost all of the expenses were covered by my husbands insurance. What wasn't covered I was able to make payments on.
Bethlehem

Dr. Lee took her time to explain things in detail. She left the choice to pursue treatment up to me and my husband. She didn't try to sway our decision or push treatment on us. At every appointment she treatment us with compassion and was always willing to explain things in great detail. She also had a fantastic personality.... Our initial consultation lasted for more than 2 hours. She took the time to explain things to us and was very sensitive to our needs.
How was your experience with Christina Lee at Family Fertility Center?
Come to each appointment with a list of questions and concerns you want her to answer and address.
I am currently waiting to start an IVF cycle in July. I did not undergo any treatments with Dr. Lee.
The nursing staff was very friendly and always answered my calls within a few hours.
Describe your experience with Family Fertility Center.
The clinic is located in Bethlehem, PA.
My insurance covers appointment and diagnostic procedures. My insurance does not cover treatment, such as IUI or IVF.

2009 - 2013
Anovulation, Male Factor
She [Dr. Christina Lee] explained all the risks always made sure I understood everything and genuinely appeared to live what she does. I always felt like she cared bout me and I was just not another patient. She even gave me some meds to help increase our chances.... Caring,compassionate and felt like she was trying all she could to make my dream of a having more kids a reality
2009 - 2013
Anovulation, Male Factor
How was your experience with Christina Lee at Family Fertility Center?
She explained all the risks always made sure I understood everything and genuinely appeared to live what she does. I always felt like she cared bout me and I was just not another patient. She even gave me some meds to help increase our chances.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions
Describe your experience with Family Fertility Center.
Everyone friendly. Compassionate . Office is small but very personable receptionist always knew my name and even years later when we run into each other at grocery store we say hi. I had no weaknesses or negative experiences
Deductible was 2000
What specific things went wrong at Family Fertility Center?
Bethlehem

She [Dr Lee at Family Fertility Center] is amazing! She didn't want to accept what the other doctors told me and did what she knew would get me pregnant!...We did IVF with menopur and bravelle....Jennifer was the nurse at the time but she moved during my IVF.
How was your experience with Christina Lee at Family Fertility Center?
She is amazing! She didn't want to accept what the other doctors told me and did what she knew would get me pregnant!
Trust her completely
Unsure of it all. But we did IVF with menopur and bravelle.
Jennifer was the nurse at the time but she moved during my IVF