Family Fertility Center

Doctor, Nurse available by direct lineAvailable by cell phone
Medical SchoolU. of Illinois
ResidencyU. of Illinois
FellowshipU. of Chicago
95 Highland Ave.
Bethlehem, PA 18017
610-868-8600
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Christina Lee to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Family Fertility Center to a friend?
She [Dr. Lee] has a good sense of humor but isn’t super “touchy feely”. She makes things light but I can’t see her giving you a big hug if you’re upset (never happened with me). She is extremely detail oriented. I love her attention to detail on scans, when combing through records, calculating dosages of meds etc. She explains what she is thinking as she goes so that you understand her thought process. She makes you feel very comfortable.
How was your experience with Christina Lee at Family Fertility Center?
I have been extremely happy so far. She was very thorough during our initial consult. She is my second fertility specialist so she took the time to review all the records from my previous doctor and treatments and discussed all options moving forward. She has a good sense of humor but isn’t super “touchy feely”. She makes things light but I can’t see her giving you a big hug if you’re upset (never happened with me). She is extremely detail oriented. I love her attention to detail on scans, when combing through records, calculating dosages of meds etc. She explains what she is thinking as she goes so that you understand her thought process. She makes you feel very comfortable. I had a bad experience in the past with an endometrial biopsy and when it came time for her to do one on me she took so much time on the US looking at the curve in my cervical canal and “mapping it out” before starting. She used a smaller catheter first as a trial and then used the biopsy catheter once she noticed I was ok with that. I trust her to do the right thing. My abolsute favorite thing about her is that I see her at every visit and she is 100% involved and invested in your care. There have been times she takes my blood pressure and draws my blood herself. She calls me herself with all of the results and any changes in the treatment plan. She cares so much about her patients and the end goal of a baby.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Christina Lee at Family Fertility Center?
Do not expect a hand holding doctor but know that you are getting a doctor that truly cares about you and your end goal of a baby.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Christina Lee at Family Fertility Center?
I felt like the care was very personal. Dr. Lee and her staff took the time to get to know me. Also, I feel the care has been very individualized. No “standard protocol”. All about what works for me specifically.
Describe the protocols Christina Lee used in your cycles at Family Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I am currently in an IVF cycle. I am using Follistim, Novarel and Ganirelix and I will be doing my trigger shot tonight for egg retrieval later this week. Before I started IVF she did an endometrial biopsy to look for any underlying inflammation that may make the lining unfavorable. So far, the protocol seems to be working. A few days ago she noted that the “lead group” of follicles was right on track and there were a few smaller ones. She decided to wait an extra day to trigger and let them try to catch up so we could get more eggs hopefully on retrieval day. She has explained that I may not do a fresh transfer after egg retrieval if my estrogen levels are too high and if my lining does not look favorable. If that is the case she will do a frozen transfer.
I honestly have not had too much experience with the nurses since Dr. Lee does most everything herself. They have all been nice and helpful and call me back in a timely manner.
Describe your experience with Family Fertility Center.
The clinic seems well organized and well run. I have never had any issues. All financial responsibilities were explained. The consent forms were easy to access and follow. I think the only issue I have is with hours. My old clinic had very early hours for blood work and even for just a “quick check” ultrasound. It is difficult to take time off work nearly every day during this IVF cycle to just go over for a blood draw in the middle of the day. Otherwise I have been happy.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Christina Lee at Family Fertility Center.
All consultations and appointments prior to the actual IVF cycle were billed appropriately to insurance. For treatment, you could either do IVF “a la carte” or in a package. Either single cycle-plus or multi cycle-plus. We chose multi cycle-plus which for one price of $27,000 gives you potential for 3 IVF cycles with 4 FETs. If you get pregnant on the first cycle, you get $14,000 back.
Describe Christina Lee's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Family Fertility Center.
Dr. Lee has told me that she and the patient make this decision. We had decided before the cycle started to only transfer one embryo. She did tell us that we could transfer more than one if we wanted but explained the risks associated with that. She provided statistics and data on this.
2012
Dr Lee was great. She cut through the bull and let my husband and I know what to expect and what to do. When things didn't work she took another course of action. She was there for me 24/7. She came in on weekends. Her staff was excellent. They always managed to get me in to see her.
2012
How was your experience with Christina Lee at Family Fertility Center?
Don't wait! Get in to see her right away and be open and honest about everything. Tell her how you feel and what you want.
She knew who I was. She knew my case. She was friendly and caring.
My husband and I had little time to conceive as he was losing his insurance. I started on the pill. Then did two months of IUI. When it didn't work I went back on BC for another month then we tried IUI once more and it worked!!
Dr. Lee has a very small office it is just her and a nurse. The nurse was very pleasurable and did an excellent job at drawing blood. She always made me feel at ease.
Describe your experience with Family Fertility Center.
The clinic is in an office building. It is on the smaller side bc Dr. Lee is the only doctor in the practice. It is very clean and well taken care of.
Almost all of the expenses were covered by my husbands insurance. What wasn't covered I was able to make payments on.
Bethlehem
Dr. Lee took her time to explain things in detail. She left the choice to pursue treatment up to me and my husband. She didn't try to sway our decision or push treatment on us. At every appointment she treatment us with compassion and was always willing to explain things in great detail. She also had a fantastic personality.... Our initial consultation lasted for more than 2 hours. She took the time to explain things to us and was very sensitive to our needs.
How was your experience with Christina Lee at Family Fertility Center?
Come to each appointment with a list of questions and concerns you want her to answer and address.
I am currently waiting to start an IVF cycle in July. I did not undergo any treatments with Dr. Lee.
The nursing staff was very friendly and always answered my calls within a few hours.
Describe your experience with Family Fertility Center.
The clinic is located in Bethlehem, PA.
My insurance covers appointment and diagnostic procedures. My insurance does not cover treatment, such as IUI or IVF.
2009 - 2013
Anovulation, Male Factor
She [Dr. Christina Lee] explained all the risks always made sure I understood everything and genuinely appeared to live what she does. I always felt like she cared bout me and I was just not another patient. She even gave me some meds to help increase our chances.... Caring,compassionate and felt like she was trying all she could to make my dream of a having more kids a reality
2009 - 2013
Anovulation, Male Factor
How was your experience with Christina Lee at Family Fertility Center?
She explained all the risks always made sure I understood everything and genuinely appeared to live what she does. I always felt like she cared bout me and I was just not another patient. She even gave me some meds to help increase our chances.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions
Describe your experience with Family Fertility Center.
Everyone friendly. Compassionate . Office is small but very personable receptionist always knew my name and even years later when we run into each other at grocery store we say hi. I had no weaknesses or negative experiences
Deductible was 2000
What specific things went wrong at Family Fertility Center?
Bethlehem
She [Dr Lee at Family Fertility Center] is amazing! She didn't want to accept what the other doctors told me and did what she knew would get me pregnant!...We did IVF with menopur and bravelle....Jennifer was the nurse at the time but she moved during my IVF.
How was your experience with Christina Lee at Family Fertility Center?
She is amazing! She didn't want to accept what the other doctors told me and did what she knew would get me pregnant!
Trust her completely
Unsure of it all. But we did IVF with menopur and bravelle.
Jennifer was the nurse at the time but she moved during my IVF