Christine Hemphill

Gianna Center of the Gulf South (CLOSED)

Medical SchoolUniv of S. Carolina
ResidencyPitt County Memorial
FellowshipPope Paul VI Insitute
Covington
427 N Theard, Suite 200
Covington, Louisiana 70433
985.466.1919
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Christine Hemphill to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Gianna Center of the Gulf South (CLOSED) to a friend?
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Every appointment with her [Dr. Christine Hemphill] is beyond throrough. She is the perfect mix of encouraging and realistic. For my husband and me personally, the factor of her faith and the faith-based clinic is a huge plus. She was the first person to identify the serious irregularity of my hormones.... I just had my first diagnostic procedure with her last week and have a second one schedule 2 1/2 weeks from now to remove scar tissue and endometriosis, which she feels was the reason for my failed pregnancy.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with Christine Hemphill at Gianna Center of the Gulf South (CLOSED)?
Like I said before, she is extremely thorough will being encouraging yet realistic. She is the first doctor to identify the irregularity of my hormone levels which has been huge in moving forward with hope to carry a pregnancy to term. My husband and I truly cannot say enough about her and our only regret is that we did not begin our fertility journey under her care.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Christine Hemphill at Gianna Center of the Gulf South (CLOSED)?
Be open and on top of your charting as it will tell you so much about your body than you ever thought possible. Be prepared for realistic delivery of information but also for an encouraging, compassionate physician.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Christine Hemphill at Gianna Center of the Gulf South (CLOSED)?
Every appointment with her is beyond throrough. She is the perfect mix of encouraging and realistic. For my husband and me personally, the factor of her faith and the faith-based clinic is a huge plus. She was the first person to identify the serious irregularity of my hormones. I actually got pregnant once under her care but very early on we realized it would not be a viable pregnancy. I just had my first diagnostic procedure with her last week and have a second one schedule 2 1/2 weeks from now to remove scar tissue and endometriosis, which she feels was the reason for my failed pregnancy.
Describe the protocols Christine Hemphill used in your cycles at Gianna Center of the Gulf South (CLOSED) and their degree of success.
The center she practices under uses the "Creighton Model" charting system. The require three months of charting prior to your first visit with them. My chart was reviewed at my first visit and we were told based on that information that I likely had low progesterone. They ordered countless labs after that and also timed labs in my cycle which showed just that, along with extremely high levels of estrogen. I have been on timed supplementation of both progesterone and estrogen ever since. They also recommended an extensive ultrasound series to rule out a specific ovulatory disorder. Under the times hormone supplementation, I got pregnant for the first time ever, but we found out early on that it would not be a viable pregnancy. I recently had a laparoscopic procedure with her that uncovered stage 2 endometriosis and inflammation in one of my tubes which she strongly believes was the reason for my failed pregnancy. I will have another procedure in 2 1/2 weeks to removie the scar tissue, endometriosis and inflammation. I feel it is also important to note that she is NaPro trained which is a major plus for me.
Helpful, compassionate, encouraging.
Describe your experience with Gianna Center of the Gulf South (CLOSED).
I truly have nothing bad to say about the clinic for what I am personally looking for in a fertility clinic.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Christine Hemphill at Gianna Center of the Gulf South (CLOSED).
Visits alone are very minimal especially compared to other fertility clinics I have been to and heard about.
Christine Hemphill
Gianna Center of the Gulf South (CLOSED)
Covington