Medical SchoolU. of Alabama
ResidencyU. of Alabama
FellowshipU. of Texas Southwestern
1775 East Skyline Drive
Tucson, AZ 85718
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Christine Mansfield to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Arizona Reproductive Institute to a friend?
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Christine Mansfield at Arizona Reproductive Institute?
Dr Mansfield is incredibly warm and welcoming. I believe she is very knowledgeable and uses research to guide her practice, rather than old or unproven theories. I feel confident in her treatment recommendations. As many of us are when facing problems with reproduction and infertility, I felt I was relatively well educated and well read when I first met Dr Mansfield. She showed me kindness and patience while I asked her numerous questions related to various things I had come across. She never made me feel silly for asking her about something (hello, pineapple core!). She refers to research when appropriate, tells you when she doesn't think something is useful but also doesn't find it harmful to try, and encourages you to not do things that she believes will be detrimental to your journey. When I specifically questioned Dr Mansfield about a line of treatment I felt sure I needed, she held true to her belief that our primary issue was one of egg quality. She didn't discount my feelings, but after more than a year of being under her care, it turns out she was absolutely correct about egg quality (and chromosomal errors) being a primary problem for us.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Christine Mansfield at Arizona Reproductive Institute?
Go see her! It will be worth it!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Christine Mansfield at Arizona Reproductive Institute?
Dr Mansfield is very compassionate and reassuring, while being completely honest in explaining what she believes our issues are and the hurdles we may be facing. She is straightforward and open to questions. She does an excellent job of remembering one's history. She never made me feel like she had somewhere else to be and was very patient with me when I hammered her on what I believed were immunologic components of our recurrent pregnancy loss.
Describe the protocols Christine Mansfield used in your cycles at Arizona Reproductive Institute and their degree of success.
Clomid 100 mg/Timed Intercourse (2 follicles, no pregnancy) Clomid 100 mg/IUI (4 follicles, no pregnancy) Clomid 100 mg/IUI (2 follicles, no pregnancy) Decision made to move to IVF to allow PGS testing: IVF #1- Antagonist (225-300 FSH daily), Lupron trigger (high risk for OHSS) We got 18 eggs, but only 6 were mature. Three embryos cleaved and all 3 made it to blastocyst and were biopsied for PGS testing. All 3 were abnormal. IVF #2- Lupron Down Reg (450 FSH daily)- protocol was changed due to abnormally high number of immature eggs on Antagonist cycle. We got 31 eggs, 19 mature, 18 embryos, 13 blastocysts. Nine of them were biopsied for PGS and 5 of them came back normal! All embryos are frozen, and we have not attempted a transfer yet.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Arizona Reproductive Institute. (Assigned nurse: Brooke)
The nursing staff members are all very kind and friendly. They always take the time to answer my questions and guide me through the process. They are reassuring and supportive when required and equally excited when something good happens.
Describe your experience with Arizona Reproductive Institute.
The clinic is beautiful, inviting, modern, and spacious. They are able to do HSG, SIS, and HSC procedures, along with egg retrievals and D&Cs in the office (they have an OR). Also, they run some of the lab work in house, so you can get results within a few hours. I was typically greeted by name and always with a smile. Many times, I barely sat down before they called me back. On the occasions when there was a wait, it was short. The lobby has bottled water and a coffee/tea maker you can help yourself to, along with a nice restroom and pretty views out the windows.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Christine Mansfield at Arizona Reproductive Institute.
Dr Mansfield's costs for care were on the lower end of the ranges I found for my area and significantly less than many clinics (such as those in Colorado, California, and on the East Coast).
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
She [Dr. Christine Mansfield] is the most caring and sincere doctor i have ever encountered. While our outcome of miscarriage was not what we were expecting, she showed us deep sympathy during this time...Dr. Mansfield truly loves what she does and doesn't give up. We have had a couple unexpected issues pop up along the way and she handles it with ease. She comes up with a new game plan and we continue on our way... IVF cycle 2- DHEA and CoQ10 for three months, started with testosterone priming for three weeks, then did a mini-lupron flare cycle with HGH. I had a much better response and had 7, 5 day old embryos frozen.
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Mansfield truly loves what she does and doesn't give up. We have had a couple unexpected issues pop up along the way and she handles it with ease. She comes up with a new game plan and we continue on our way. I am confident that one day soon we will have the family we have dreamt of and it will all be because of her.
Fertility treatment has so many ups and downs. Do not get discouraged if the first cycle doesn't work. Dr. Mansfield truly cares about each of her patients and will work hard to find solutions to anything that may pop up.
She is the most caring and sincere doctor i have ever encountered. While our outcome of miscarriage was not what we were expecting, she showed us deep sympathy during this time. She hugged me and reassured me that we would figure this out.
IVF cycle 1- Lupron, Follistim, Menopur- standard doses; poor responder and poor egg quality. Only had 1 , 5 day old embryo make it to freeze. IVF cycle 2- DHEA and CoQ10 for three months, started with testosterone priming for three weeks, then did a mini-lupron flare cycle with HGH. I had a much better response and had 7, 5 day old embryos frozen. FET-Progesterone injections and estrace pills until lining was adequate, transferred two embryos and received our very first positive pregnancy results. Unfortunately i miscarried at 6 weeks. We are waiting for the fetal tissue results to come back to determine our next step.
Jen, Leah and Francis have all gone above and beyond helping us with anything we needed. They show compassion in ways i didn't even think was possible. They share in your victories and were crushed with our miscarriage. They truly care about their patients.
Describe your experience with Arizona Reproductive Institute.
Very quick response time for appointments or questions. Try their best to work with your schedule. No weaknesses, we are very pleased with them and so glad we found them.
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
She [Dr. Christine Mansfield] is an excellent communicator and is always friendly and answers every question with detail. My husband and I have been through three stimulation cycles with timed intercourse, one fresh cycle IVF, and have begun a frozen cycle IVF that is not yet completed...Anytime we encountered a road block in our treatments, she took the time to sit down with us and re-group and change course if needed...You can tell the first time you speak with Dr Mansfield that she is knowledgeable in her field and loves what she does. She is an excellent communicator and is always friendly and answers every question with detail.
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
You can tell the first time you speak with Dr Mansfield that she is knowledgeable in her field and loves what she does. She is an excellent communicator and is always friendly and answers every question with detail. My husband and I have been through three stimulation cycles with timed intercourse, one fresh cycle IVF, and have begun a frozen cycle IVF that is not yet completed. I can't imagine going through this process with another doctor. Anytime we encountered a road block in our treatments, she took the time to sit down with us and re-group and change course if needed. She gives us hope but also lets us know the chances and what could go wrong. My husband and I feel very comfortable with Dr Mansfield and her staff.
Don't hesitate to make an appointment to sit down and talk with her. She will likely order a few basic tests to give her a rundown of your reproductive health. You will get a better idea of what treatments you may need and you will have more peace of mind. Wondering about your infertility can give you so much stress, so it's better to find out why. Dr Mansfield will give you hope and cheer you on in your journey.
Dr. Mansfield and her staff have a very patient-centered approach. I have never felt like just a number in their office. The receptionists, nurses and doctor all know me by name and take the necessary time to explain procedures and answer questions. They make you feel comfortable and celebrate good news with you, but also feel your pain when you get bad news.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Arizona Reproductive Institute. (Assigned nurse: Leah Offerdahl)
Leah was the nurse we dealt with most often and she is amazing. She seems to know as much about infertility and treatments as much as Dr. Manfield does. She can answer most all of our questions and was very knowledgeable about our medication and costs as well.
Describe your experience with Arizona Reproductive Institute.
Its hard to describe any weaknesses that this clinic has. They are good at everything. They offer all of their testing, blood work, ultrasounds, and procedures in their office. I even had my egg retrieval and transfer in office. The staff is so kind and caring and work together so well.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Arizona Reproductive Institute.
Monitoring appointments for me usually begin by being brought back for blood work. While I am getting blood drawn, they usually are preparing the ultrasound room. They work as a well oiled machine and I am never in the office for more than 30 min.
The cost of our care was not covered by our insurance so we had to pay out of pocket for most medications and treatments.
Describe Christine Mansfield's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Arizona Reproductive Institute.
Dr Mansfield recommended transferring 2 embryos for us. She left it up to us to decide if we wanted to do 1 or 2. I don't think she would transfer more than two. My husband is 42 and I am 34, so we elected to do 2 embryos to up our chances of pregnancy.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Unexplained
Dr. Mansfield took the time to explain in great length to my husband and I our options and her opinions on which treatments were best for us. She was able to answer all of our questions. And she told us when she thought we should try other avenues. She was always concerned for my emotional well being, which showed she actually cares for you as a person not just a patient...Ask lots of questions. Dr. Mansfield is very knowledgeable and she will help you understand the process and what exactly is taking place.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Unexplained
Dr. Mansfield always knew my name and my husband's name. She cared about how I was feeling and how things were going.
IVF 1- Antagonist Protocol, we kept having to increase my doses to the maximum amount in order to get the follicles growing. 4 eggs were retrieved, 3 were mature, 2 fertilized, and 2 transferred on Day 3. No pregnancy. IVF 2- Microdose Flare Protocol, still maximum dosage of drugs to get follicles growing. Only 2 eggs retrieved, 1 fertilized, and 1 transferred on Day 3. Positive pregnancy, however ended with miscarriage. IVF 3- Microdose Flare Protocol with Testosterone injections prior. This saw the best and most follicles growing out of all my cycles and I had the best estrogen numbers. But only 2 eggs retrieved, both were mature and fertilized via ICSI, only 1 divided properly for Day 3 transfer. No pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Arizona Reproductive Institute. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Sturgeon)
Jennifer took the time to show me everything I needed to know regarding giving myself injections. She also made sure I was emotionally prepared and that I had all the resources I needed when things weren't going as planned or as we had hoped. She worked with me when I was getting medications from several different pharmacies to save on my costs.
Describe your experience with Arizona Reproductive Institute.
The staff here is super friendly and you can tell they love what they do. My appointments during IVF were on time and very quick so I could get back to work. They have a phlebotomist on site who is super gentle and polite.
My IVF cycles ranged from $4500 to $6000, not including medications. Some tests (HSG) that were preformed prior to the first IVF costs approximately $500-$600. Some further lab work not covered by insurance cost about $350.
Tucson
Since I might ovulate over the weekend, she [Dr. Mansfield] has someone on call once I got a positive ovulation test kit. Once I got a positive I called "on call" number and a NP was able to schedule my IUI for a Monday...Dr. Mansfield is very professional and knowledgeable. She was also open to any questions. She was very good at giving us many options and directions I which to go. We visited Dr. Mansfield for a second opinion and immediately felt at ease and we noticed the difference from previous doctor. Although, we were diagnosed unexplained, she was very good at giving us many options to try first before IVF. Finally, she is extremely friendly and very outgoing. Going through a difficult situation like infertility, posivite energy is needed. She has it.
Have a list of questions. She will be patient in answering every single one.
Dr. Mansfield and her staff were always friendly. They seemed to be always present. There were times were the Doctor would talk really fast but would gladly repeat when asked.
Once we decided to do IUI we paid in advanced. Before the IUI I took clomid (I believe) starting second day of menstrual cycle. I also ordered a trigger shot in case I needed it before ovulation. After the 8th day they monitored by ovulation. Since I might ovulate over the weekend, she has someone on call once I got a positive ovulation test kit. Once I got a positive I called "on call" number and a NP was able to schedule my IUI for a Monday. After IUI they scheduled a free pregnancy test. The trigger shot was never used because she monitored hormone level through blood work.
Always friendly and very kind.
Describe your experience with Arizona Reproductive Institute.
I liked that in every visit the wait time was no longer than 10 minutes. The amenities are great (e.g. Water, coffee etc). Staff is friendly and well organized. The clinic also has great lab equipments and personal. For example, with previous doctor I had to go to a separate location to get HSG testing. They also get your blood tests done on site, they don't have to send it out to las and wait for results. A weakness would be, perhaps not having another doctor on site in case Dr. Mansfield gets called to an emergency. On one of the check ups an NP had to check my ovulation process and it was not the same as getting the care from her.
Our IUI procedure costed 1,000, not including medication. With my insurance a visit is $30. Since we went to see Dr. Mansfield for a second opinion, the consult was free.
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
...The questions that I felt were stupid were explained in a kind manner by Dr Mansfield. She really became a friend during this hard process...She was amazing. I was always happy and she made me feel that infertility was no my fault...
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Be ready to get attached to her. Then when you get pregnant you leave he office to regular OB and miss her.
Dr. Mansfield talked to me in a way that no other provider has talked to me. The questions that I felt were stupid were explained in a kind manner by Dr Mansfield. She really became a friend during this hard process.
I have stage four endo. She first did a laparoscopy and removed my left tube. We both knew I would need ivf. We approached stiming in a aggressive manner because my endo was so bad and my egg reserve was dimished because of it. I don't recall the medications. It was a lot of pokes but all very worth it.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Arizona Reproductive Institute. (Assigned nurse: Frances and Brooke )
Frances was so amazing. Very kind and did a good job at her profession. Brooke was ok. Not very personable. After my first failed cycle I felt that Brooke stopped caring. For example I wanted to see dr Mansfield for a follow up appointment and was scheduled like two weeks from the fail which made me sad considering I had been seeing her everyday. The new nurse Jennifer I believe her name was, was very kind. She made me feel at ease during my second transfer.
Describe your experience with Arizona Reproductive Institute.
Victoria is amazing. As well as the financial counselor. They all work as a team. And dr jui I think his name is was very friendly. Weakness I would say is to do a bit more of a follow up on failed cycles. That is when the patient needs support the most.
I don't really remember. Luckily my insurance at that time covered just about everything.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
...None of this had been diagnosed with the previous Doctor. Due to these results they were able to dictate my plan of care much more accurately. I was placed on a much higher dose of medication for my IVF cycle then I was for my first and I had a much better outcome. I am currently pregnant and I owe it all to Dr. Mansfield, and her team!
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
Prior to seeing Dr. Mansfield I had 2 failed IUI's and 1 failed IVF with another doctor. After seeing Doctor Mansfield and hearing all of her recommendations for testing prior to treatment, everything seemed to come together. My thyroid levels were off, my egg reserve was low and I was a carrier for a genetic condition that could both cause my diminished ovarian reserve and affect my children. None of this had been diagnosed with the previous Doctor. Due to these results they were able to dictate my plan of care much more accurately. I was placed on a much higher dose of medication for my IVF cycle then I was for my first and I had a much better outcome. I am currently pregnant and I owe it all to Dr. Mansfield, and her team!
You will not regret seeing her!
Dr. Mansfield was very compassionate to our situation and recommended all the appropriate testing needed to accurately decide what the next step was for us.
IVF Microdose Flare protocol 300units Gonal F once daily 150units Menopur once daily 10unit Microdose Lupron twice daily Needed to be on a higher dose due to low AMH and low antral follicle count. Produced 5 eggs, had 3 Mature, 3 fertilized and 2 progressed to day 5 Blastocyst.
The staff is very knowledgable and compassionate. I always felt like they genuinely cared about me and my outcome.
Describe your experience with Arizona Reproductive Institute.
The clinic is very welcoming! It has a clean and relaxing feel to it. They are thoughtful and do not display pictures of children all over their clinic like others do.
They are always willing to work around my schedule and were very flexible.
I do not have coverage for fertility treatments, so I paid out of pocket for my treatments. They are reasonably priced and come in way below most clinic across the country.
Tucson
She [Dr. Christine Mansfield] has a really friendly demeanor and she sincerely seems pleased to see me every time I enter the office...great energy about her...She does her best to do every procedure in the IUI process-- even the ultrasounds. It's rare when she isn't able to be there, and I appreciate the level of care I feel she provides...She makes me feel positive even when I am not a generally positive person. She makes me feel like there is hope for me in my situation.
Dr. Mansfield has a great energy about her. She makes me feel positive even when I am not a generally positive person. She makes me feel like there is hope for me in my situation. She does her best to do every procedure in the IUI process-- even the ultrasounds. It's rare when she isn't able to be there, and I appreciate the level of care I feel she provides.
Trust her and her knowledge. She wants the best for her patients and she knows what to do for you.
She has a really friendly demeanor and she sincerely seems pleased to see me every time I enter the office. Even if she's passing through the halls to get to another patient she takes the time to speak to me.
We did 5 days of 100mg Clomid, follicle checks, followed by a trigger shot at the right time, then IUIs. We are on our second one, first was a failure. Results for the second one are still undetermined. Both cycles were the same treatment.
I think all the nurses are very sweet and they are very upbeat and looking out for you. They all seem very knowledgeable, and if they have problems, they can rely on each other and Dr. Mansfield for help.
Describe your experience with Arizona Reproductive Institute.
The clinic is very nice and welcoming. They have free coffee and candy as well as free wifi. The waiting room is very large and neat. The parking lot is really only compact car friendly, so people who drive large vehicles be aware you might have difficulty fitting into a slot.
Each IUI cycle is $1050 plus the costs of medications, which vary. HSG was $400ish.
We didn't do any of that.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
I felt like talking with Dr. Mansfield was like talking with a friend. She provided me with comfort and information that I needed to know. When bad news came, she started our appointments with a hug and genuine caring. She educated us on options and the likely course of treatments. Her expectations were conveyed clearly without being overly optimistic which we appreciated.... Microdose lupron flare. Two egg retrievals, 14 mature eggs cycle one, 12 fertlized, 6 blasts, PGS tested all abnormal. Second cycle, 10 eggs, 9 mature, 4 blasts, PGS tested all abnormal.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
She wont sugar coat things, but she will comfort you when the it is needed.
The staff always new my name when I came in without me telling them. They made me feel like a friend. I was never left in a room waiting, I was always assisted promptly. During procedures I was the only patient around, I felt like I had the full attention of the staff.
The nurses are great, but the office is not run very well all the time. Often there is some miscommunication, disorganization. You often need to remind them of things and stay on top of your own care.
Describe your experience with Arizona Reproductive Institute.
Disorganized, financial aspects are very disorganized, and they dont always give accurate and consistent information. I had to remind the staff that I was going to be doing a specific protocol or adding a new med. I had to call and ask for labs to be drawn.
Medications $12,000. Testing $1000. Procedures and office $28,000
Did not make it to transfer.
Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Mansfield is warm and understanding. She demonstrates extreme knowledge and isn't afraid to do what it takes to reach our goal. She is the perfect combination of blunt information in a compassionate and caring manor... My first cycle, I had no embryos make it to transfer. After my meeting she said we are not going to be conservative and we are going to throw everything she has at me to achieve my goal...Dr Mansfield, the nurses and all staff truly care about me.
Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
To not be afraid to ask questions and call them later with questions. Don't worry about being annoying. They are supper supportive and understand that this is a crazy process that brings up lots of questions along the way.
Dr Mansfield, the nurses and all staff truly care about me. The celebrated my good news and cry with me with the sad news. They are truly family.
My first cycle was a surprising fail. I didn't respond well to the drugs despite being 26, supper health, and normal test results. My first cycle, I had no embryos make it to transfer. After my meeting she said we are not going to be conservative and we are going to throw everything she has at me to achieve my goal. I primed with testosterone for 4 weeks then did a flair cycle with HGH. It resulted is 12 eggs and 4 5 day embryos. We transferred 2 and got pregnant with one! Sadly I miscarries at 9 weeks. We tested the fetal tissue and found out it was a chromosome problem. I am getting ready to start another stem cycle with the same plan. This time though we will be testing all the embryos for chromosome abnormalities and doing a frozen transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Arizona Reproductive Institute. (Assigned nurse: Leah )
Leah is amazing. I looked forward to seeing her every appointment. She cared so much for me and made me feel so comforted is such a crazy time. She was very organized and I completely trusted her.
Describe your experience with Arizona Reproductive Institute.
The clinic is beautiful, clean, and comfortable. I really have no weakness to list. All the exam rooms and surgery rooms are very clean, modern, and as comfortable as possible.
Out side the medication the care cost was about 6500 from start to finish of an IVF cycle (up through embryo transfer and all appointments after)
It was recommended to use that we do 2 embryos due to lower quality and size; 2 BB and 3 BB
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Dr. Mansfield listened to all of our questions and concerns. She patiently described in detail every test and procedure. She remained positive but also gave us the realistic data that we needed to hear. Dr. Mansfield is friendly, caring, and capable....Dr. Mansfield advised against trying IUI with injectables, as my ovarian reserve is very high, I have many follicles on my ovaries because of PCOS and she thought that the injectables would overstimulate my ovaries.
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Save up money first so you don't have to stop getting treatments before your desired outcome.
Dr. Mansfield and her staff are incredibly warm, caring, friendly, and knowledgeable.
We began with a progesterone induced period and then Clomid (2 tablets) to stimulate my ovaries as I had not been cycling on my own for 2 years. Two eggs developed and we did an IUI procedure after an HCG trigger shot. This resulted in a negative pregnancy test. We tried Clomid again but my ovaries did not respond this time. We switched to Femara, and again, my ovaries did not respond, so we were unable to attempt an IUI. Dr. Mansfield advised against trying IUI with injectables, as my ovarian reserve is very high, I have many follicles on my ovaries because of PCOS and she thought that the injectables would overstimulate my ovaries. She feels that IVF is our only option.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Arizona Reproductive Institute. (Assigned nurse: Frances Lazo)
The entire staff at Dr. Mansfield's office is caring, compassionate, and knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with Arizona Reproductive Institute.
Clinic is beautiful and clean, which is important. I like that I could have my blood drawn right in the office. New patients will feel comfortable and well taken care of.
My initial testing was covered by my insurance. The IUI was $900 plus meds.
Tucson
I never received more than 15 minutes face time with the doctor [Dr Christine Mansfield]. She never returned a single call or email from me, and was running 45 minutes behind for every appointment. When requesting my file to see another doctor, notes and dates were all wrong....You almost have to already know the process to see her. She skips over all of the details. Study up big time!
She is very optimistic, but never really answers questions. She just tells you what you are going to do next like a cheerleader. She would say to get dressed and she would see me in a minute, but never come back. I would be left with questions and no answers from her staff.
I never received more than 15 minutes face time with the doctor. She never returned a single call or email from me, and was running 45 minutes behind for every appointment. When requesting my file to see another doctor, notes and dates were all wrong.
Clomid and a trigger shot, very basic. However after one unsuccessful round she was pushing us straight to IVF. She never told me I had a narrow cervix and needed help with dialation for sperm to get in, or even discussed IUI
Describe your experience with your nurse at Arizona Reproductive Institute. (Assigned nurse: Florence)
She was always running around overwhelmed. They must be under staffed. They never knew who I was. Many times prescriptions were forgotten to be sent.
Describe your experience with Arizona Reproductive Institute.
The only good thing about the clinic is Victoria up front. Everyone is like a robot- an unhappy robot. Appointment times are never on time, and as soon as you see the doctor you are immediately rushed into a room to talk $. They push IVF from the second you walk in. They are a machine churning out pregnancies for money. You are not important. They want to get you in and out- so they just over push IVF.
$300/ visist to her, $175/ ultrasound, $7500 IVF, $900 IUI
IVF, Donor Eggs
Dr. Mansfield is warm and personable. Give me a hug when she saw me and treated me with a great deal of compassion. I very much would encourage those who are in need to seek out her services. She doesn't just have the technical capacities of a fertility doctor, she has the kindness of an understanding person to go along with it...Egg donation was my only route and she explained it thoroughly.
IVF, Donor Eggs
The staff is great, but they are often busy and can't get to the phone or return calls. It is best to email.
Dr. Mansfield is warm and understanding. She saw that I was nervous about treatment and worked to ease my fear.
Egg donation was my only route and she explained it thoroughly. While I haven't undergone the procedure yet. I fully intend on using this clinic when it is financially feasible.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Arizona Reproductive Institute.
Great staff but again, very busy and sometimes not responsive to phone calls.
Describe your experience with Arizona Reproductive Institute.
Great clinic, great doctor, great staff. They need some help in making sure phone communication is just a touch better. Otherwise, I feel they provide a really excellent experience for those who are seeking to start a family. They are kind and caring.
Egg donation /transfer was about $17000
Other, Unexplained
Dr. Mansfield is very knowledgeable. She explains things very well and breaks it down to make sure you understand everything. She is positive and hopeful but does not sugar coat things. She is very genuine and you can tell she is vested in you as a patient.... I saw Dr. Mansfield at every single visit. She was always so warm and kind and so his entire staff.... antagonist protocol. 150 of Gonal F and Menopur. Cetrotide and triggered with hcg.
Other, Unexplained
Write all of your questions down and she will answer them.
I believe it was the antagonist protocol. 150 of Gonal F and Menopur. Cetrotide and triggered with hcg. 12 eggs retrieved, 9 mature, 7 fertilized, 5 made it to blasts. FET per my choice. Transferred 2 embryos and currently 6.1wks pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Arizona Reproductive Institute. (Assigned nurse: Leah Offerdahl and Dyan Olsen)
Leah and Dyan are amazing! They are so kind and compassionate. Communication is excellent. They had no issues communicating outside of normal business hours. They were very helpful with sorting out issues with pharmacies and outside labs. I definitely felt they were vested in my cycle.
Describe your experience with Arizona Reproductive Institute.
It’s clean. The environment is warm and inviting. It doesn’t feel like a clinical setting. The clinic is great with communication. Whenever I called someone always answered the phone. The staff is helpful and friendly.
We are very fortunate to have insurance that covers some of the treatment.
Dr. Mansfield went over all the pros/cons and risks of transferring two embryos. Ultimately she was on born with transferring two which is what we really wanted.
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Christine [Mansfield] is always warm and caring, encouraging, a good listener, and enthusiastic about her job.... Don't be overwhelmed by her chipper enthusiasm, and speak up with any questions.... Christine always seemed glad to see me, was very caring and sweet, but also very candid and didn't beat around the bush. The only slightly confusing party of her communication was that, after an examination, she would say "we'll meet you right across the hall" but then I wouldn't actually see her again that visit.
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Christine always seemed glad to see me, was very caring and sweet, but also very candid and didn't beat around the bush. The only slightly confusing party of her communication was that, after an examination, she would say "we'll meet you right across the hall" but then I wouldn't actually see her again that visit. I learned that that just meant "you're all done." :)
Don't be overwhelmed by her chipper enthusiasm, and speak up with any questions. And don't be surprised when she isn't "across the hall" waiting for you like it sounded like she would be.
Christine is always warm and caring, encouraging, a good listener, and enthusiastic about her job.
Describe your experience with Arizona Reproductive Institute.
Everyone here is very kind and friendly. The front desk staff are sometimes a little too friendly and casual, expecting you to know whether you're supposed to sit and wait or sign in or go right back for your bloodwork. I had to ask a few times, "What do I do now?" But other than that, everyone was great, the nursing staff and Dr. Mansfield were amazing, and I'd definitely recommend this clinic.
7800 for the procedure (with discount based on income), and about 4200 for the medications.
Tucson
Dr. Mansfield was generally friendly and seemed competent. I did however feel a little blindsided...I also got bad news during the test (tubal blockage), and really wanted her to stay and explain what that meant. To me, it felt like she rushed out without realizing how upsetting and confusing the news was to me...it seems like the her recommendation (removing one or possible 2 tubes) was more aggressive than necessary...There were a couple of miscommunications
European, Ashkenazi Jewish, Latino
Dr. Mansfield was generally friendly and seemed competent. I did however feel a little blindsided by one of my tests (the HCG). I didn't know that it was going to be so painful, and afterwards, I didn't know that it was not a cause for concern that I was bleeding. I also got bad news during the test (tubal blockage), and really wanted her to stay and explain what that meant. To me, it felt like she rushed out without realizing how upsetting and confusing the news was to me. I also got a second opinion that was a very different diagnosis and prescribed treatment. Given that I have since gotten pregnant with minimal intervention, it seems like the her recommendation (removing one or possible 2 tubes) was more aggressive than necessary.
Get a second opinion.
Everyone was kind and remembered who I was.
Describe your experience with Arizona Reproductive Institute.
One thing that was a little bit concerning was a lack of coordination between different parts of the organization My husband had to give blood twice for the same test, which was never run. It was also a little hard to reach someone when I called with a question. That said, during my visits, people were professional and warm.
I did not end up need any treatments that weren't covered by insurance.
4 IUI, 3 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
She [Dr. Mansfield] truly valued our opinions and walked us through each year and procedure. She talks with you, not at you.... Even if we hadn't gotten pregnant, I would still recommend her, hands down. She was very involved in all of our treatments. She modified each protocol based on how things went and was always available for our questions. She never gave up on us.... Things may not work out the way you thought they would, but she will always be there to support and guide you.
4 IUI, 3 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Figure out what you really want, long term. Things may not work out the way you thought they would, but she will always be there to support and guide you.
She truly valued our opinions and walked us through each year and procedure. She talks with you, not at you.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Arizona Reproductive Institute. (Assigned nurse: Leah Offerdal and Jennifer Sturgeon )
They were fantastic! Always available for any questions or concerns I had. Very knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with Arizona Reproductive Institute.
This clinic was amazing. I'm so glad we came here for a second opinion. We were very disheartened by our last fertility doctor and everyone at this clinic was amazing. They really turned things around for us.
I don't remember off of the top of my head, but she was very up front with the pricing. The packages were all inclusive (vs. By procedure). There were discounts for subsequent procedures.
Given my history, she recommended two at a time.
Tucson
Dr Mansfield is amazing. She has a great personality and makes you feel so welcome. She tells you how it is and answers anything you need to know. She has a lot of care for her patients. The very first visit with her she talked to my husband and I and got all the details. She knew timing was a concern and we found out I was in the perfect timing of the month to start test immediately.... Everyone knew your name and treated you with care and respect
Latino, Other
Dr Mansfield is amazing. She has a great personality and makes you feel so welcome. She tells you how it is and answers anything you need to know. She has a lot of care for her patients. The very first visit with her she talked to my husband and I and got all the details. She knew timing was a concern and we found out I was in the perfect timing of the month to start test immediately. Any other doctor could of just did our consult and sent us on our way but not her. Dr Mansfield is amazing.
She is amazing.
Everyone knew your name and treated you with care and respect
The nursing staff are amazing. The all know you name and are willing to anyevery question you have. They are patient and take the time to teach you what you need to know. The will put any fears you have to rest. And the fact that a few of them are successful patients of Dr Mansfield is amazing
Describe your experience with Arizona Reproductive Institute.
Everyone here is nice. They take the time to know who you are. By the second visit I didn’t even have to tell them my name the just knew who I was. When you call them our email them the response is quick. Sometimes you have been rrach them the first time and don’t have to leave s message.
1 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
Anovulation, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
She [Dr. Christine Mansfield] is a very thorough and truly has the patient and their situation in mind. She also tries to be very available for her patients. Occasionally, she is not able to spend a great amount of time during routine scans and will sometimes have to keep the visit short...Make sure you have all your questions prior to your appointment written down. She will take the time to discuss each one...They are also very flexible with your schedule and many times will work around your schedule for appointments
1 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
Anovulation, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
She is a very thorough and truly has the patient and their situation in mind. She also tries to be very available for her patients. Occasionally, she is not able to spend a great amount of time during routine scans and will sometimes have to keep the visit short
Everyone at the clinic knows you by first name basis. They are also very flexible with your schedule and many times will work around your schedule for appointments
Most of the nursing staff has gone through some form of treatment. They truly understand what a patient is going through is all aspects, financially, emotionally, physically. They also get to know you as a human being and not just a number
Describe your experience with Arizona Reproductive Institute.
The clinic is very clean, and well orgnanized. One suggestion would be to make sure you ask the nurse or MA what room you will be in for consultation. Sometimes they forget to tell you after you are done in the exam room where to go.
IVF with PGS is 5500 and each additional embryo after 8 is $350. FET $1500 Medications range from 3-4000
Her approach is definitely individually based. However, if the environment, grading, and quality are good she would recommend single due to risks associated with multiple gestation pregnancies
Tucson
Dr. Mansfield was very good at providing my husband and I information regarding our treatment. She made us feel comfortable throughout the treatment. She was always willing to answer our questions and guide us through the process...We just loved Dr. Mansfield, she was very positive and informative. We were very blessed to work with her...
After using clomid without being monitored at my OBGYN, Dr. Mansfield felt that we should try clomid monitored with an IUI and after 2 rounds, we have been blessed with a little one.
The nursing staff always showed compassion while we were completing treatment. The nursing staff always returned phone calls with answers to my questions quickly and they shared in our excitement when we had success. During my pregnancy Frances would call to check up on my family and my pregnancy.
Describe your experience with Arizona Reproductive Institute.
I loved how when I called I always was able to talk to someone easily. I was always greeted with a smile and everyone I meet was friendly.
I paid one cost for the entire cycle of my IUI, this was helpful because I knew nothing was going to pop up and cost more.
Tucson
She [Dr. Mansfield] explained my options so that myself and my husband could understand. She allowed us to ask any and all questions, and didn’t make us feel silly for asking. She made sure to look over all test results and showed us everything, ultrasounds, blood work, etc... She took the time to read my history, medical records and charts before meeting with me. It showed that she truly cares!... She will answer everything as she has gone through the process herself.
She explained my options so that myself and my husband could understand. She allowed us to ask any and all questions, and didn’t make us feel silly for asking. She made sure to look over all test results and showed us everything, ultrasounds, blood work, etc
Ask her anything. She will answer everything as she has gone through the process herself.
So thoughtful and attentive. I almost passed out when having blood taken and they made sure I got water and was ok before I even left the room.
Describe your experience with Arizona Reproductive Institute.
It sometimes takes them a while to answer the phone or return messages. The IVF schedulers are so great, always available to answer questions via email or phone. No matter how silly you think the question is.
2 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr Mansfield was willing to listen to my concerns and adjust my treatment plan based on my well researched requests. She is very thorough and willing to listen to new ideas. I felt very taken care of... Only did FETs - they do a bcp/ short lupron/ estrogen pill FET which I altered a couple of times- no bcp, 2nd time no lupron... Dr Mansfield is so kind and yet treated me like an educated adult. I felt very comfortable with her
2 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Ask lots of questions - she can give you the reasoning behind her decisions
Describe your experience with your nurse at Arizona Reproductive Institute. (Assigned nurse: Jen)
Jen was a great and quick email contact -my primary method of communication. She also did a good job of making sure all of my intensive paperwork got where it was supposed to go.
Describe your experience with Arizona Reproductive Institute.
Only did FETs - but felt very comfortable there. It’s a small clinic and you will get a lot of personal attention. The only drawback to that is that they aren’t open on weekend so this limits some treatment options I feel.
FET without monitoring was $1800 Not sure of any other costs...
I did two double ETs - but have multiple pregnancy losses and implantation failure. She is flexible.
Tucson
Dr. Mansfield has excellent bedside manner however I felt sh[e] was always in a hurry to get yo the next patient... I [didn't] feel an urgency to help us with our inability to get pregnant.
I ddint feel an urgency to help us with our inability to get pregnant. After 2 failed iui she wanted to talk about ivf. That's a big jump. I am not in full understanding why we aren't getting pregnant and what I can do or take for myself for better results.
You need to call and follow up to get all the information you need. The office is way too busy and sometimes you have to take matters into your own hands.
Dr. Mansfield has excellent bedside manner however I felt shr was always in a hurry to get yo the next patient. Our first IUI she left the room and said she would meet us outside, we came.out and waited and a staff member let us know she was already with a new patient and we could leave. It would have been nice to have a conclusion to our appointment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Arizona Reproductive Institute. (Assigned nurse: Frances)
I had to call many time to get results. They weren't often called in on a timely manner.