Good

Mineola
300 Old Country Rd
Mineola, NY 11501
516-470-2229

I haven't had much time spent with Dr. Mullin herself. Her visits are short and not a lot of information is provided. Her bedside manner makes me feel as though i'm a number...I never feel as though i'm getting the full story from her, and that's when I actually see her. Only when I had a bad experience, did she show compassion and see me a few visits in a row. I'm confident she's good at what she does and will get me pregnant - i'm just not 100% on board with how she does it.
The clinic [Northwell Health- Mineola] is amazing, the staff is warm, friendly, and organized. It took 1 visit for Robin at the front desk to remember my name. I'm greeted every time I walk in and questions are answered as needed. Whenever I call with questions I get an answer right away or am called back shortly after. There are NEVER issues with appointments, they always make room for me. Jessica the phlebotomist is amazing, she never leaves me with bruises and takes my blood in no time. Regina, the sonogram tech is so warm - I've cried to her behind the closed door many times, and she always makes me feel so comfortable. This team is a gem!
How was your experience with Christine Mullin at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Christine Mullin at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
Ask many questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Christine Mullin at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
The nursing staff is excellent, specifically the NP Mary Jane and RN Joan. They take their time when speaking with you, always ask questions, and make you feel as though you matter. They have been my contacts from day one, i feel more comfortable with them then I do with the Dr.
Describe your experience with Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
The clinic is amazing, the staff is warm, friendly, and organized. It took 1 visit for Robin at the front desk to remember my name. I'm greeted every time I walk in and questions are answered as needed. Whenever I call with questions I get an answer right away or am called back shortly after. There are NEVER issues with appointments, they always make room for me. Jessica the phlebotomist is amazing, she never leaves me with bruises and takes my blood in no time. Regina, the sonogram tech is so warm - I've cried to her behind the closed door many times, and she always makes me feel so comfortable. This team is a gem!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Christine Mullin at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
$50 copay, $3500 for IVF cycle
What specific things went wrong at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
I wasn't given the correct information on side effects and ended up in the hospital
Christine Mullin
Mineola
2012 - 2015, Successful
When first meeting with Dr. Mullin I felt totally comfortable. She diagnosed my PCOS right away and explained everything to me... After talking with other people who have a similar diagnosis as me, I wish that I had pushed to try Metformin or even injectables for an IUI before spending so much on IVF...Dr. Mullin is part of a big network of doctors at NSLIJ but she also has her own office in Garden City. When you are at Dr. Mullin's office you feel like a person but at the hospital I felt like a number.
Dr. Mullin is part of a big network of doctors at NSLIJ but she also has her own office in Garden City. When you are at Dr. Mullin's office you feel like a person but at the hospital I felt like a number....Monitoring appointments were done very early in the morning. You signed in and went to the back to have blood drawn, then waited to be called to see a doctor. Wait could be anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour depending on which doctor was on call that day.
When first meeting with Dr. Mullin I felt totally comfortable. She diagnosed my PCOS right away and explained everything to me. We did one cycle of Clomid which I didn't respond to and then one cycle of Letrazole which I didn't respond to. She then suggested IVF since we had no coverage for infertility she said she didn't want to waste our money with oral medications since she felt we would do best with IVF. I trusted her and moved along, which did get me pregnant. After talking with other people who have a similar diagnosis as me, I wish that I had pushed to try Metformin or even injectables for an IUI before spending so much on IVF.
Ask a lot of questions and follow your gut.
Describe the protocols Christine Mullin used in your cycles at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish) and their degree of success.
For my IVF cycle I was on Follistim and Lupron. I don't remember the specifics though.
The nursing staff was very nice. Again, in Dr. Mullin's office they were friendlier because there were less of them. At the hospital, you see a different nurse at every appointment.
The practice is very by the book which happened to work for me but they don't flex a lot as far I was concerned. If something didn't work once, they didn't try again. They are also a little rude if you decide to see an OBGYN or neonatologist outside of their network.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
We did not have infertility coverage so everything was paid for out of pocket. We opted to enroll in the Attain program through NSLIJ which was about $15,000 and covered 2 fresh cycles and 2 frozen cycles until you had your 'take home baby.'
Christine Mullin