7.2

300 Old Country Rd
Mineola, NY 11501
516-470-2229

2020 - 2021, Consult
Dr. Mullin spends time with every patient and truly puts a lot of time and effort into making individualized plans of care for each of her patients...spent the time to closely evaluate and adjust medications for IVF to carefully stimulate with PCOS to get the best possible number of healthy embryos and avoid severe hyperstimulation...I never felt rushed and always knew that she was taking the time to look at my results to make the best possible plan for my care....
Mary Jane, the nurse practitioner [at Northwell Health], goes above and beyond as well to answer all questions and lay out the entire plan so that you know what is coming. All of the nursing staff is so amazing...The clinic feels so personal as it is a small office and you truly get to know and love the staff! As all offices are busy because they must see all of their patients in a small morning window, they work very hard to get everyone in and out as quickly as possible
How was your experience with Christine Mullin at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
Dr. Mullin always spends the time to discuss your plan of care and answer any and all questions thoroughly. I never felt rushed and always knew that she was taking the time to look at my results to make the best possible plan for my care. You can always tell how much Dr Mullin truly cares about you as a patient and that is invested in seeing you have a great outcome!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Christine Mullin at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
I highly recommend choosing Dr Mullin and the Mineola office
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Christine Mullin at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
Dr. Mullin spends time with every patient and truly puts a lot of time and effort into making individualized plans of care for each of her patients. I felt like I was on an assembly line at another clinic and with Dr Mullin you know she is always looking at you as an individual when making the decisions for treatment
Describe the protocols Christine Mullin used in your cycles at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish) and their degree of success.
Dr Mullin and MaryJane always spent the time to closely evaluate and adjust medications for IVF to carefully stimulate with PCOS to get the best possible number of healthy embryos and avoid severe hyperstimulation
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish). (Assigned nurse: Erin, Kathy )
Erin and Kathy were always so amazing with taking the time to give detailed instructions so I always knew what to do and when to return. They both show so much compassion for patients going through this process and always answer all of my questions. Mary Jane, the nurse practitioner, goes above and beyond as well to answer all questions and lay out the entire plan so that you know what is coming. All of the nursing staff is so amazing and you will not find such care anywhere else!
Describe your experience with Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
2018 - 2021, Successful
Dr Mullin explained things clearly, had amazing bedside manner and was always present for my treatment. She was more than a doctor, she was someone who truly cared about me having a family. She is a true professional who I recommend to anyone needing help with building their family...Dr Mullin’s office was caring, compassionate and took as much/little time as needed...After one failed embryo transfer I begged Dr Mullin to transfer two embryos next, I was 30 with unexplained infertility. Dr Mullin explained that she wouldn’t put me in a high risk situation (twins) that I didn’t need to be in, and that I’d thank her one day. She was right, I now have three beautiful children, all single transfers.
They [Northwell Health] are an extremely busy practice, but this is something I look for when selecting doctors. This may turn off some, but I want to see the doctor that so many are trusting their fertility with. They always make time for all their patients, no matter how busy they are...Trust Dr Mullin and her office. Although Dr Mullin is very busy, her eyes are everywhere and her team is excellent...I now have three beautiful children
They are an extremely busy practice, but this is something I look for when selecting doctors. This may turn off some, but I want to see the doctor that so many are trusting their fertility with. They always make time for all their patients, no matter how busy they are.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Christine Mullin at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
My insurance covered 80%, I paid 20%. Dr Mullin’s team understood my insurance and all the details, I had no issues.
Describe Christine Mullin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
Mineola
[Dr. Christine Mullin] is very knowledgeable, friendly and compassionate. She gave me hope that I could make my dream of becoming a mother true. She explained every detail of the procedures I would have to go through and I left her office believing it was possible...took the time to explained the reason of my infertility
Office staff [at Northwell Health are] very friendly and knowledgeable about insurance coverage and patient responsibility...Beautiful, clean office located in a medical building. Accessible by bus and train with plenty of parking spaces...consult visit $525 Water sonogram $560 Biopsy $ 665 Office visit $ 125
Dr. Mullin is very knowledgeable, friendly and compassionate. She gave me hope that I could make my dream of becoming a mother true. She explained every detail of the procedures I would have to go through and I left her office believing it was possible.
Do not loose hope.
Dr. Christine Mullin took the time to explained the reason of my infertility, what to expect and how could she will be able to help me.
Metformin to regulate hormones.
Beautiful, clean office located in a medical building. Accessible by bus and train with plenty of parking spaces. Office staff very friendly and knowledgeable about insurance coverage and patient responsibility.
consult visit $525 Water sonogram $560 Biopsy $ 665 Office visit $ 125

2017 - 2019, Successful
She [Dr. Mullin] entertained all of my questions, never rushed me (like actually, spend so much time with me on multiple occasions, I was shocked), personally did my ultrasounds most of the time and always came in to do my retrievals and transfers (even when it wasn't her day on call), and personally called me back when I called in with a question, and was really there for me every step of the way. Because of her, I felt well taken care of during such a sad, unknown time.
Some [nurses at Northwell Health] know more than others, and you learn who to turn to throughout your time there...Also, as an aside, the phlebotomist, Jessica, is the freaking best...The Northwell Mineola office is peaceful. The Manhasset office can be a zoo. I thankfully only had to go there on weekends for monitoring and for procedures (however, specifically for procedures, the nurses at Manhasset are incredible).
I was a rare case. Got pregnant with my first-ever FET but then miscarried, despite the embryo being PGS normal. Dr. Mullin fought with me to try and figure out the best course of action after that and ultimately, after many biopsies and tests, she found what potentially was the issue. I don't know if many other doctors would have gone to the lengths she did.
Be your own advocate. Doctors have A LOT of patients - not their fault, just the nature of medicine these days. But it's up to you to bring your thoughts and opinions to the table. Dr. Mullin never shunned anything I had to say and worked with me every step of the way.
Dr. Mullin really took the time to get to know my husband and I. She entertained all of my questions, never rushed me (like actually, spend so much time with me on multiple occasions, I was shocked), personally did my ultrasounds most of the time and always came in to do my retrievals and transfers (even when it wasn't her day on call), and personally called me back when I called in with a question, and was really there for me every step of the way. Because of her, I felt well taken care of during such a sad, unknown time.
Diagnosed "lean PCOS." Tried 4 IUIs (with Clomid), all BFN. Moved on to IVF. First retrieval was pretty (BCP + low dose meds given PCOS). Yielded a large # of eggs, but there were signs of poor egg quality. Transferred 1 of my 2 PGS normal embryos, BFP, miscarried at 6 weeks. Waited a few months to do another retrieval, during which she put me on Metformin and I started taking Acai pills. Prior to starting the injections, she also changed the protocol slightly and added estrogen priming. 2nd retrieval MUCH better and ended up with 5 healthy embryos. After a failed second FET, we decided to do the ReceptivaDX biopsy, as she suspected silent endometriosis. Biopsy confirmed extremely high levels of inflammation. Protocol was Depot Lupron for 2 months. Went straight into my third FET, which resulted in my current pregnancy.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
Some know more than others, and you learn who to turn to throughout your time there. At the end of the day, though, Dr. Mullin was always reachable, and every time I called in with a question, the nurse(s) would either put me on hold to ask Dr. Mullin directly, or Dr. Mullin called me back herself later that day. Also, as an aside, the phlebotomist, Jessica, is the freaking best.
What specific things went wrong at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
Mineola

Dr. Mullin spent a lot of time with me and always answered all of my questions...She explained everything in detail and gave me realistic expectations. She always made me feel hopeful. I appreciate that her approach is not aggressive and she is a doctor who likes to try the least invasive procedures first and works her way up to more Invasive treatment like ivf...tell her your concerns and ask her for her honest opinion because she’ll give it to you.
I only had an interaction with one nurse {at Northwell Health] and I found her to be the least friendly of the office. She was blunt and to the point and didn’t seem to show as much companion as other staff...For my medication I spent around $175 and my IUI was $350...Small clinic with one doctor even though she is part of a large practice. This allows you to feel like a person as opposed to a number. Everyone knows your name and the staff remembers you. Everyone is very friendly and I felt comfortable there.
I found Dr. Mullin to be warm and companionate but also very to the point which I appreciated it. She explained everything in detail and gave me realistic expectations. She always made me feel hopeful. I appreciate that her approach is not aggressive and she is a doctor who likes to try the least invasive procedures first and works her way up to more Invasive treatment like ivf.
To be honest with her and ask as many questions as you have. Tell her your concerns and ask her for her honest opinion because she’ll give it to you.
Dr. Mullin spent a lot of time with me and always answered all of my questions. I felt like I was a person and not a number. Her staff would greet me by name and always remembered who I was.
She did monitoring with blood and ultrasound, prescribed letrozole and a trigger shot of hcg in preparation of IUI.
I only had an interaction with one nurse and I found her to be the least friendly of the office. She was blunt and to the point and didn’t seem to show as much companion as other staff.
My insurance only covers office visits and consultations, not procedures. For my medication I spent around $175 and my IUI was $350.
Mineola

Always see a doctor for monitoring [at North Shore Long Island Jewish], though sometimes not your primary doctor. Patients in satellite offices need to go to Manhassat for at least some monitoring appointments and all procedures - Manhassat is definitely busier than Mineola, but still moves fairly quickly. Had a couple of issues with billing, but they were easily resolved. Robyn, who handles insurance logistics for the Mineola office, is excellent and helped me through a really confusing insurance policy.
I met with Dr. Mullin after leaving a different clinic (from which I had serious concerns about their level of care). She was matter of fact about my potential options for treatment, but listened to me about my concerns and wishes and responded appropriately and with empathy. Sje was involved with my care - which took place over the holidays - and never made me feel like a number or "just another" patient. She encouraged me to keep going with my retrieval when I considered cancelling it due to an unusual course of events during my stims phase. I went through with my retrieval only because of how much I trusted Dr. Mullin. The retrieval resulted in 9 embryos (8 PGS normal), and one current pregnancy. I would recommend Dr. Mullin to anyone in the area undergoing treatment for infertility.
Don't be afraid to say what you want out of treatment. Dr. Mullin will listen and let you know if it's possible - she won't just push her standard treatment without explanation or consideration to your wants/concerns.
I always saw a doctor for my monitoring appointments, and often that doctor was Dr. Mullin. She was super involved in my care, and always made me feel like I was her only patient (even though that obviously wasn't the case).
Antagonist protocol; ICSI; PGS; FET with embryo glue. 21 eggs, 19 mature, 17 fertilized, 9 day 5/6 embryos, 8 PGS-normal.
The nursing staff was overall great, though I thought Mary Jane was the stronger, better organized of the two (she was wonderful).
Always see a doctor for monitoring, though sometimes not your primary doctor. Patients in satellite offices need to go to Manhassat for at least some monitoring appointments and all procedures - Manhassat is definitely busier than Mineola, but still moves fairly quickly. Had a couple of issues with billing, but they were easily resolved. Robyn, who handles insurance logistics for the Mineola office, is excellent and helped me through a really confusing insurance policy.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
Monitoring at Manhassat was generally during any window of time, definitely busier. Monitoring in Mineola was for a set time and a breeze.
Insurance covered all procedures except PGS and embryo glue. Total out of pocket was ~$5500, excluding deductibles and coinsurance. I believe i was quoted ~17k (plus medication costs) out of pocket if I didn't have insurance. They gave me the price information very early on in the process.
I strongly wanted to avoid the possibility of multiples, Dr. Mullin agreed with an eSet.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
Had to make two requests for my file to be sent to my ob - but could have been my ob offices' error, unclear! Either way not a big issue.