Medical SchoolU. of Tennessee
1725 Medical Center Parkway
Murfreesboro, TN 37129
345 23rd Ave. N
Nashville, TN 37203
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Christine Whitworth to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Nashville Fertility Center to a friend?
Dr. Whitworth is a very busy doctor but she still takes time to explain everything clearly. She has a good bedside manor, but is not an emotional doctor. She is straight business, to some that may make them feel like more of a number but that just is her personality...She is very smart and truly does care about the care she gives and the nurses in the office call her the "endometriosis queen"- and she is!
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
She is very informative and explains all options based on your diagnoses and will let you decide what you feel best for you and your body. She is all business and is not an emotional doctor. It took me a while to get use to this, as I am an emotional person. I did have to have surgery as well with Dr. Whitworth for endometriosis and I feel just took the best care and did the absolute best surgery. They do have a lot of patients, so until you see her a few times and get really established, it takes her a bit to put all the pieces of your history back together- that has been the only frustrating part to my husband and I. But, we have now been treated by her for over 1 year and this is not an issue now. Overall, we have been very happy with her and would recommend her to others.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
Patience, even though it is SO hard!!! Fertility is such a variable practice of medicine and has to be specifically tailored to each person and sometimes, the answers take a while to uncover and sometimes, there are no answers, which is the most frustrating part of infertility.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
Dr. Whitworth is a very busy doctor but she still takes time to explain everything clearly. She has a good bedside manor, but is not an emotional doctor. She is straight business, to some that may make them feel like more of a number but that just is her personality. It did take me a bit to get use to this quality, as I am more of an emotional person. She is very smart and truly does care about the care she gives and the nurses in the office call her the "endometriosis queen"- and she is!
Describe the protocols Christine Whitworth used in your cycles at Nashville Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I had a miscarriage the first month of trying in October of 2016. I switched OBGYN early 2017 and he sent me to Dr. Whitworth - in June of 2017 I had HSG done and my tubes were clear. In Sep we started Clomid- I developed a large cysts and the cycle failed. I then did 3 rounds of Femara. 2 of those rounds, I was able to do a trigger shot to release my egg/eggs. The other round, the follicle was too large and we were not able to do trigger shot. In Feb 2018, I started even more of an increase in pain with periods and had an ultrasound that showed possible endometriomas on both of my ovaries. I did 2 rounds of Lupron and then had surgery in June 2018 for endometriosis. I was diagnosed with stage 4 endo. Dr.Whitworth now wants us to try on our own for 3-4 months and then will will try medicated if I do not get pregnant before then. Dr. Whitworth gave us about a 35% of conceiving on our own. If we are not able to do so, we will start IVF next year.
I have been nothing but impressed with the nursing staff at the Murfreesboro office. They have all been amazing!
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
They are very very busy but they manage the patient load well. The clinic is small, but I believe that they are getting a new office in the near future. I have been impressed with the Murfreesboro office.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center.
We have been lucky, our insurance has picked up most of the ultrasounds as well as the surgery. We have had to come out of pocket for all medication, consultations and testing for my husband.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Other
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Other
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
Dr. Whitworth was very personable from the get go and we felt that she was both encouraging and realistic. My husband and I went in to our journey at NFC knowing that we had both female and male factor issues. Dr. Whitworth spent time with us answering all of our questions and presenting the facts in a realistic but positive manner. She referred us to an amazing doctor to perform my husband's sperm harvesting and followed up with his doctor and us to check on how it went. When my first HSG showed a possible unicornate uterus, Dr. Whitworth took the time to explain things to me and performed a follow up HSG to be sure of the diagnosis. After our first injectable cycle did not give us the results we had hoped for, Dr. Whitworth spent time with us going over our options and giving us the realistic facts of what would give us the best chance at success. We ended up deciding to use donor sperm with an IUI since my body was not responding well and was only producing a few follicles. Dr. Whitworth never hesitated to spend time answering my many questions and always made me feel like I mattered to her. I had full confidence in her ability and trusted her decisions and recommendations. We were successful on our third cycle with Dr. Whitworth and when we got our positive result, Dr. Whitworth celebrated with us.
I would encourage anyone that is going in to meet with Dr. Whitworth to come in with questions that they have and to also have an open mind to hear what Dr. Whitworth's suggestions and recommendations are for the best course of treatment.
Dr. Whitworth consistently took the time to meet with us and listen to our concerns. She always answered all of my questions and never made me feel as if I was wasting her time or that my questions were not important. She celebrated our success with us when I did have a positive outcome but she also made a personal phone call to me on multiple occasions when things were not going as planned.
First cycle - Planning on IVF with ICSI - Used Gonal F (225 am and pm), Menopur (75 am and pm) and Lupron (20 am and pm) - monitoring did not show significant follicles (only 2 measurable with one below trigger size) - options were to cancel, continue with retrieval or switch to IUI with donor sperm - switched to IUI with donor sperm and cycle was not successful Second cycle - Plan on IUI with donor sperm - Femara 5mg days 3-7 - one follicle but on right side where I do not have a fallopian tube Third cycle - Plan on IUI with donor sperm - Gonal F (150 am and pm) - 3 measurable follicles all on the left- IUI - positive beta resulting in a full term birth of one baby
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Ellen)
Ellen is amazing! She was always very organized, prompt at getting back to me through email or phone calls and very caring and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
I was very pleased with the safety protocols in place with the staff double checking everything every step along the way for every visit I had. I always felt cared about and like my success mattered to everyone involved in my treatment.
The costs were in line with other fertility clinics in the area.
Nashville
Dr. Whitworth is very easy to talk to. We would often have tons of questions and she would answer everyone, without making us feel like we were taking up too much time. We had one visit with her that lasted 3 hours, but that was by our choice because of all of the questions we had.... My husband had low sperm count and no motility. She suggested HCG shots, but due to the cost we first tried clomid. He did well with this and 3 months later had above normal numbers!
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
Dr. Whitworth is very easy to talk to. We would often have tons of questions and she would answer everyone, without making us feel like we were taking up too much time. We had one visit with her that lasted 3 hours, but that was by our choice because of all of the questions we had. She answered everyone. She explained everything g very well also to where we could understand. She was able to explain details about my husbands sperm and testosterone issues in a way we could understand.
We were listened to and made to feel like we were important and that our problems mattered to them. Dr. Whitworth would address every concern we had and seemed to really care.
My husband had low sperm count and no motility. She suggested HCG shots, but due to the cost we first tried clomid. He did well with this and 3 months later had above normal numbers! He still had some white blood cells so Dr. Whitworth prescribes antibiotics for that. I was diagnosed with PCOS and put on Metformin. I was put on one cycle of clomid, but this thinned my lining. I came in for an US to confirm that, and was then switched to Letrozole for 3 months. I ovulated each cycle. Before starting the Letrozole I had an HSG test also.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center.
The nursing staff at the Murfreesboro office is amazing. Both my husband and I love them. We are those patients that constantly have questions since all our meds are new to us. Every time we call we get a call back from the nurse within a day. She is always pleasant to talk to and remembers our specific information.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
We have only been to the Murfreesboro office, not their main Nashville office. It is clean and inviting. The rooms are nice. Usually when consulting with the doctor about next steps, it’s done in their office, not the patient room, which is nice. They can do most testing in office. I’ve had transvaginal ultrasounds there, and they do sperm analyses there also. That part is great for male factor infertility because of the convenience. It only takes an hour for them to get the results back, so it’s discussed same day. Blood work is also done there. There’s a small waiting room so if you’re not comfortable sitting with a bunch of people that’s something to think about.
With our BCBS insurance we had to pay our specialty copay of $45 for our visit. If both my husband and I were being seen that would be the fee for each of us. Our insurance is not in network with their lab, so sperm analysis cost us $130. My first transvaginal ultrasound cost us $60. But the next 2 I had were covered by our insurance and we paid nothing.
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS
Dr. Whitworth took time with us each visit and listened to our concerns and questions. Even if we had to wait to see her, we didn't mind because she gave us her time. When our frozen cycle did not work she was very understanding and didn't push any new treatment on us - gave us options and agreed that we just needed time to decide what was next....We never felt pressured to go one direction or another - she was very honest with success rates, etc.
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
As I stated above - we appreciated her time and concern. We know there is a process and trial and error when it comes to fertility treatment. It takes time and there isn't always a clear answer or treatment and she explained things well to us. We never felt pressured to go one direction or another - she was very honest with success rates, etc.
Be clear with her on how much you want to do and your wishes - she goes at your pace. Have your list of questions ready - she will answer them. You will have to wait for your appointment - but be patient - they see a lot of people and everyone deserves good care. We saw so many impatient patients that were so rude to the staff and nurses and it was frustrating because they are doing their best. :)
We did 4 IUIs - no pregnancy results. Then she did surgery to see about endemotriosis - which there was. Following surgery - we had 4 more IUIs - but after the 2nd or 3rd one she suggested we consider moving to IVF. It was our choice to do the other IUIs. We did IVF in 2014 - fresh cycle - day 5 transfer with 1 embryo - resulted in successful pregnancy of our son. In 2017 - we started the process for a frozen cycle of our remaining embryo - it was not successful (we didn't do any PGS on the embryo). We are in the process of a fresh/frozen IVF cycle with PGS this time due to my age (35)
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Martha)
Martha was amazing - she gave us full attention and always answered my questions when I had them - even if they seemed silly.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
Great staff - you do have to wait typically for your appointment to see the doctor, but again we just understand it is what it is. Everything is clean. Everyone is kind and knowledgable and understanding of your situation.
Endometriosis, Male Factor
Dr. Whitworth was always very thorough with her explanations to us, and very honest about how to adjust her plan of care/our treatment. After two IUIs, she point blank told us that additional IUIs would not likely be successful and that it was time to move on in our journey...For IVF, I stimmed using Follistim and used Ovidrel to make sure I didn't ovulate. I stimmed rather quickly (began stims 2/6 and had egg retrieval 2/15). 21 eggs were retrieved, but only 3 made it to 5 day status. No one was sure why the statistics were not in our favor in regards to this.
Endometriosis, Male Factor
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
Ask her hard questions and be ready for the honest (sometimes brutal) truth.
Dr. Whitworth sat down with us (free of charge) after our fresh transfer resulted in a chemical pregnancy and I truly felt her compassion for our situation. Similarly, when we had our positive pregnancy result and we "graduated" from our fertility center to our OB, she was excited and so supportive of us. We even went back to visit after our baby was born and she asked questions specific to my pregnancy/labor/delivery, as well as to the health of my baby.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Martha Goodyear)
Martha was amazing, and I missed her when we were transferred to the OB at 9 weeks of pregnancy. She was compassionate, informed, and an excellent communicator. She promptly answered all of my calls and emails, and when she didn't know an answer to one of my questions she would always follow up with my physician for me and then get back to me. I won't ever forget her having me come in after hours when I had a positive beta but I was bleeding. She stayed late to teach my husband how to do PIO injections, since we had previously been using progesterone inserts.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
The clinic was great. Everyone I met, from schedulers to nurse anesthesia providers, were so kind, knowledgeable, and helpful. The only weaknesses I can think of was simply passing along my file. After we decided to do IVF, I was expecting a call from the IVF nurse within a week. This didn't happen, and it was only after I called the clinic and followed up with them that my patient file was placed with the IVF nurse.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Nashville Fertility Center.
There were a lot of appointment times available, so it was easy to work around my schedule. It was run very professionally, and was a well-oiled machine. Patti was often my ultrasound tech and she was always so upbeat and kind.
About $10,000 for IVF, $5,000 for stim medications, $1,500 for ICSI, and $5,500 for FET.
Describe Christine Whitworth's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Nashville Fertility Center.
Dr. Whitworth felt strongly that for our first transfer we only transfer one embryo (rated 5AA). For our second transfer my husband and I felt strongly about transferring two, and Dr. Whitworth was on board. She provided us with education regarding risks.
2013 - 2014
Dr Whitworth was alwaya very straight forward, which I appreciated, but she always took a vested interest in our situation. I was never just another patient. She took the time to get to know my husband and I, and our circumstances....We started with Dr Whitworth and after initial testing (resulting in unexplained fertility) she determined we could do IUI. So we started with 3 cycles of that. I was using ovulation tests but that was it. No success after 3 cycles so we moved onto IVF.
2013 - 2014
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
Dr Whitworth came highly recommended so I was excited when I was able to become her patient. After our first appointment I was able to see why. She is a great listener, and communicator. She lays out all of the risks and rewards, and takes the time to discuss and review them together to come up with a plan. Her compassion for her patients ia evident in how hard she works to help them succeed.
Be honest with her about any and all circumstances and concerns - she will listen.
Dr Whitworth was alwaya very straight forward, which I appreciated, but she always took a vested interest in our situation. I was never just another patient. She took the time to get to know my husband and I, and our circumstances. During our cycle, we had a unique situation come up, and she took it personally as hard as we did.
We started with Dr Whitworth and after initial testing (resulting in unexplained fertility) she determined we could do IUI. So we started with 3 cycles of that. I was using ovulation tests but that was it. No success after 3 cycles so we moved onto IVF. We used birth control to control when my cycle would start and lupron to suppress ovulation. To stimulate production, I used an FSH. Because of my body’s hormone levels, we knew I was at risk for OHS, so my hormone levels were constantly watched and my medication adjusted as needed. When it came time for retrieval, my hormone levels were VERY high, but that was the only way to get me to produce enough eggs. After retrieval, and as we waited to see how many embryos would form, I did develop OHS. After testing, we ended up with 4 healthy embryos, and decided with Dr Whitworth to freeze them in order to help my body recover, instead of doing a fresh transfer. After about a month, we resumed the transfer cycle. Due to my age and other circumstances, Dr Whitworth recommended we transfer 2 instead of 1. We agreed it gave us the best chance at a baby. We also started Progesterone in Oil shots at this point (or slightly earlier). After our two week wait, we got a positive pregnancy test! BUT before we could have our ultrasound, I had some spotting. Because of previous issues I had before coming to Nashville Fertility, Dr Whitworth brought me in for an early ultrasound. It was then that we discovered that one of the embryos had implanted in my fallopian tube, while the other was in my uterus. Resulting in a heterotopic pregnancy. Amazingly, Dr Whitworth was able to preform surgery to remove the ectopic pregnancy and my tube, while leaving the other embryo in my uterus in tact. We continued the Progesterone shots until 12 weeks. At 8 weeks I was transferred to my regular OB. I went into labor on my due date and delivered my precious baby boy!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jordan Vaughan)
Jordan and the entire nursing staff was very caring. The approach they took made a very overwhelming situation easy to handle. They reviewed the whole cycle at the start, but once we began, each step was laid out VERY clearly with specific instructions. And we only had to think about the next step, which made it much more manageable.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
The staff is great, and the location is ideal. They take great care with your privacy which is important. Everyone is very welcoming, and will become part of your family. As excited as I was to be off to my regular doctor once I was 8-weeks pregnant, I was sad to leave NFC.
We were VERY lucky in that my husband insurance covered up to $15,000 of the procedure costs. All in, the cost of our cycle was a little over $20,000 plus some more for medications. We paid approx $5,000 - $7,500 ourselves.
Nashville
I was on testosterone shots when I started seeing her [Dr. Whitworth]. Her first immediate plan was for me to stop those as they caused a very low sperm count and zero motility. She recommended HCG shots, but due to cost we tried clomid instead. She had me come in 3 months later to test again and the results were great. Dr. Whitworth gave me the results right away...went into a lot of detail through all my visits and it didn’t feel like she was rushing me out the door.
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
Dr. Whitworth was very knowledgeable. She was great at breaking stuff down for me and explaining the technical things in a way I could understand. Specifically how testosterone works in the body. One weakness would be that sometimes I wasn’t clear on future plans or future visits.
Write all your questions down so you remember everything.
Dr. Whitworth went into a lot of detail through all my visits and it didn’t feel like she was rushing me out the door.
I was on testosterone shots when I started seeing her. Her first immediate plan was for me to stop those as they caused a very low sperm count and zero motility. She recommended HCG shots, but due to cost we tried clomid instead. She had me come in 3 months later to test again and the results were great. Dr. Whitworth gave me the results right away.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Amber )
The nurse we always had was always smiling and always in a good mood.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
A strength of the office was that everyone was on the same page, from the front desk to the doctor. They communicated well. The office was nice and clean. The room they have in there used for samples was nice.
I had to pay my specialist $45 copay. Blood work and SA were expensive because our insurance didn’t cover their lab. About $80 for blood work and $140 for SA.
Murfreesboro
Dr. Whitworth is kind, and I very much appreciated her bedside manner. However I felt like I wasn't made aware of the impact PCOS symptoms were having on my success probability. I wish I saw her more instead of other technicians, nurses, etc...Ask questions. Discuss with her -- when you can get time with her -- what the ideal results of your before-IUI ultrasound look like so you don't end up going with the flow and perhaps pouring effort/$$$ into unlikely attempts.
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
When I saw Dr. Whitworth, I felt like she treated me as a human. However the practice/fertility center overall often made me feel like a number.
One unmedicated IUI attempt first, with no before-IUI ultrasound (ask for one!), then Clomid for 2 IUIs. After Clomid thinned uterine lining too much, attempted Femara instead but no response to the drug. Back to Clomid for fourth IUI, but at a lower dose.
In one particularly hard visit, a nurse told me to smile or I wouldn't get pregnant. That about sent me over the edge.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
Have definitely felt like a number. Not very friendly toward working professionals as far as appointment times. Had a bad experience with a rough ultrasound technician. Wait times can be long. LGBT-friendly.
For an IUI with frozen sperm, the thaw and procedure together cost around $450, plus $$ for lab work, sperm, ultrasounds, meds, etc.
Nashville
Dr. Whitworth was upfront with me about my poor chance of success with IUI. So she offered another alternative, donor embryo, which was only a $1k more and has a much greater chance of success. She diagnosed me with a damaged tube and surgically removed it because it could reduce the success of the embryo transfer. After surgery she personally called me to check on me.
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
Ask her to explain what other options you have for conceiving.
She is personable, takes her time with me, always asks how I am. I feel like she cares about me & getting a good outcome.
I am still on the donor waiting list.
They were always very kind and went out of their way to help me.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
They require fertility counseling by a specific counselor and her charges are a racket. As far as costs for surgeries, procedures, etc they are very upfront. All the staff but one have been extremely courteous. Once you’re a patient, it’s fairly easy to get an appointment. The nurses always call you back the same day.
All my appointments have just cost my copay. Blood draws have cost $15. My cost of my surgery to remove a damaged tube was around $100 (Whitworth’s fee only). The donor embryo transfer fee is $8k
Dr. Whitworth did not talk to me about the option to transfer multiple embryos
Nashville
Dr. Whitworth is very straightforward. Her bedside manner is not touchy-feely, but she does her job well and is honest, and thorough.... I used Clomid for my second IUI, at mid dose, with progesterone after. This was on the advice of her NP, not because I needed it, but because I was issuing expensive donor sperm, and they wanted to increase my chance of pregnancy so I could save on costs (sperm being $900 each try).
European, Latino
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
Dr. Whitworth is very straightforward. Her bedside manner is not touchy-feely, but she does her job well and is honest, and thorough. All that said luckily I got pregnant on my second IUI and only used Clomid once. So I don’t have experience with more in-depth IVF protocols with her.
Dr. Whitworth is very straightforward. She has more of a clinical bedside manner rather than touchy/feely but tells you like it is. She’s open and easy to work with.
The nursing staff was great. Friendly and open. A nurse did my IUI’s and did a great job. Always available for phone calls.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
I liked the clinic. The front desk staff are friendly and effective. The only complain I had is that their fincancial coordinator was kind of curt. The clinic also looks very new, and definitely has been updated recently.
I don’t remember how much each IUI cost. But I found costs to be mid line.
2010 - 2012
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Dr. Whitworth has a pretty good bedside manner, so I felt less like a number to her...could be compassionate and understanding, but she constantly contradicted herself on why things weren't working for us. When I would "call her out on it" she would just kind of stammer and mumble. After each failure (IUI or IVF) she would want to run more tests. It was incredibly frustrating because we were 100% out of pocket, and I felt like the testing should have been done on the front end.
2010 - 2012
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
Dr. Whitworth could be compassionate and understanding, but she constantly contradicted herself on why things weren't working for us. When I would "call her out on it" she would just kind of stammer and mumble. After each failure (IUI or IVF) she would want to run more tests. It was incredibly frustrating because we were 100% out of pocket, and I felt like the testing should have been done on the front end.
Keep track of questions/answers and ask what other testing can be completed on the front end.
1. 2 weeks bcp, 150 Follistim morning and evening - added Ganirelix - 2 fertilized eggs 2. Lupron, Follistim, Menopur - 3 fertilized eggs
She was amazing.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
Pros - the nursing staff and ultra sound techs are amazing. I had a few meetings/dealings with Dr. Abby Eblem who I would refer people to. Cons - communication breakdowns between drs/nurses/staff that can be frustrating.
100% out of pocket for all
Since I was doing fresh, she suggested putting them all back (there were 2 the first cycle, and 3 the 2nd)
Nashville
She [Dr. Whitworth] wanted to go through a series of tests, to assess my current situation. This included various tests for my husband. Discovered issues with fibroids.... Not a lot of interaction Expected more involvement. Talked more to her staff and other doctors whom she referred me to for fibroid removal. A lot of times I felt unsure of the next steps and plan towards conception. Just felt that more communication was needed.
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
Get an established plan of action right from beginning
Not of interaction
She wanted to go through a series of tests, to assess my current situation. This included various tests for my husband. Discovered issues with fibroids.
Very professional but not as much communication as I expected
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
Nothing in particular stands out. I like the convenience of the 2 locations. Phone staff can be negative at times, but overall pretty decent clinic but I just think that they lack in communication. Also more flexibility in schedule is needec.
2012 - 2013
IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Dr. Whitworth was very straightforward. She told me that some treatments would not work for me and seemed genuinely interested in my situation. She is not the warmest doctor and doesn’t sugarcoat information.... Dr. Whitworth took time to research my particular issue. I felt she tailored our treatment to meet our needs.
2012 - 2013
IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
Be prepared with any questions or concerns before your appointment. Dr. Whitworth will take as much time as you need to be sure you understand everything.
Very efficient and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
They treated me as a person. They were compassionate and helpful, and they did everything possible to get things covered by insurance. The mood in the clinic , especially the waiting area, can sometimes be a little awkward and uncomfortable.
Approximately $20,000 over 1.5 years of testing and treatment.
I had two transfers. The first time (unsuccessful) she would only transfer one embryo to reduce risk of multiples. The second transfer(succesful) she transferred 3 and I had twins. She chose to transfer more because the embryo quality wasn’t high and she knew it was my last chance.
2012
She [Christine Whitworth] genuinely cared about how we were doing and made sure we were fully informed...During this difficult time she was sensitive to our troubles, but also didn't sugarcoat anything. That was greatly appreciated as false hope has no place in fertility treatments. If we decide to continue treatment in the future we will go to her!
2012
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
We found out midway through diagnosis that my husband and I are both carriers for CF. This brought the process to a grinding halt. Dr. Whitworth sent us to a genetic counselor to help us make the most informed decision possible. During this difficult time she was sensitive to our troubles, but also didn't sugarcoat anything. That was greatly appreciated as false hope has no place in fertility treatments. If we decide to continue treatment in the future we will go to her!
She genuinely cared about how we were doing and made sure we were fully informed.
We tried low cost options like clomid and IUI before discovering we were carriers for CF. At that point we discontinued treatment.
Sometimes seemed a little rushed but otherwise great!
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
I encountered nothing but positive things with this clinic.
Insurance covered nothing, but they work with you to find the cheapest way to do things.
Nashville
She [Dr. Christine Whitworth] was fully aware of my endometriosis and took the time to speak to my previous doctors to understand my condition and how fast it progressed. She doesn't make any promises, but you can tell how much she truly cares.... She was fantastic. Very knowledgeable and caring. She is the sole reason I have my beautiful son today.
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
She was fully aware of my endometriosis and took the time to speak to my previous doctors to understand my condition and how fast it progressed. She doesn't make any promises, but you can tell how much she truly cares.
Have faith in her.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
They got backed up a lot and the wait could be very long.
She knew I couldn't carry twins and told me she wouldn't feel comfortable doing it.
Nashville
[Dr. Christine Whitworth was] Impersonal but came w good recommendations. Did not seem to know much about our personal problem resulting in us seeking fertility treatment. Treatment plan seem d cookie cutter. Other partners seemed more engaged.... Impersonal Not much emotion behind encounter.... Good Clinic Professional staff May not get warm and fuzzy feeling
Good Clinic Professional staff May not get warm and fuzzy feeling
Impersonal Not much emotion behind encounter
Responsive Again, little emotion or compassion behind treatment
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
Clean Organized Timely Kind staff for phlebotomy and most ultrasonography One ultrasound tech was Kurt and rude. I was particularly worried about something and instead of answering me she responded that my IVF nurse would talk to me. I found her off putting and was thrilled I only had to see her once.