Available by cell phone
1725 Medical Center Parkway
Murfreesboro, TN 37129
345 23rd Ave. N
Nashville, TN 37203
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Christine Whitworth to a friend?

5.7

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Nashville Fertility Center to a friend?
Dr. Whitworth did take the time to discuss results of our failed cycle with me which I did appreciate. Questions I had that she was not able to answer she contacted the lab directly and sent me the answers. She was courteous and professional but I only met with her once throughout my 2-3 months receiving care from NFC.... I wish more thought would have gone into my particular cycle rather than getting the "cookie cutter first timer" regimen.
The nursing staff [Nashville Fertility Center] was fine. They kept open communication and for the most part were responsive. Following my retrieval I had a severe migraine and they made sure to follow up with me until complete resolution which I was appreciative of. Ellen, the US tech, was wonderful. There were other techs who were less friendly--downright cold as ice.... The clinic as a whole prefers single embryo transfer in patients 38 and younger I believe?
East Asian, Black or African-American
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
If you expect that one provider will take care of you and see you through your entire treatment, that will not occur. You will potentially be seen by all 4 providers and Dr. Eblen and Weitzman are great! There were a few hiccups with my voicemail not working but they seemed to correct most errors quickly. Do your research and have a list of questions early and don't be afraid to go through every single question!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
When trying to confirm insurance coverage of PGD testing she was clear that she did not want to rush the cycle without having an answer. She remained transparent throughout the process which as helpful. When my cycle completely failed, which we were not anticipating, she scheduled a phone conference and talked to me about some things she may do differently during a second round.
Describe the protocols Christine Whitworth used in your cycles at Nashville Fertility Center and their degree of success.
This is one issue I have, I wish more thought would have gone into my particular cycle rather than getting the "cookie cutter first timer" regimen. I received 225 of Gonal-F and this was increased to 300 when I was found to only have four follicles on day 3 of stims. I eventually caught up and went down to 225 + menopur + cetrotide. I triggered with lupron even though I was not planning a fresh transfer and there was minimal chance for OHSS. I would advocate triggering with HCG if you are not planning a fresh transfer.
The nursing staff was fine. They kept open communication and for the most part were responsive. Following my retrieval I had a severe migraine and they made sure to follow up with me until complete resolution which I was appreciative of. Ellen, the US tech, was wonderful. There were other techs who were less friendly--downright cold as ice.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
strength: Convenient last minute scheduling, Saturday clinics if necessary, pretty quick appointments weakness: issues with communication prior to being assigned an IVF nurse, cold support staff, lack of continuity of care (seeing different providers throughout)
Describe the costs associated with your care under Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center.
I had partial coverage with insurance and my out of pocket cost was ~8K for IVF and ~3K for medications.
Describe Christine Whitworth's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Nashville Fertility Center.
The clinic as a whole prefers single embryo transfer in patients 38 and younger I believe? Approaching 40 the number of embryos recommended for transfer increases. They prefer frozen to fresh transfer.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Nashville Fertility Center.
We did have an incident where a prescription was called in late to a pharmacy. This was resolved in 24-36 hrs.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center.

1 Egg Frozen
I had just turned 41 and was learning as I went that my odds were very low for viable embryos...I was very slow to stimulate with a lot of ovarian cyst complications to work around. If it wasn’t for Doctor Whitworth I would not have a viable egg now that we are so ready to transfer using a gestational carrier. Dr. Whitworth fought for me and gave my body time to do what it needed. She was a true Angel and God send to me and so was Martha! Martha, my IVF nurse walked hand and hand with me through the entire process. I didn’t always get the news I wanted but I did always get the news presented in a loving and kind way. The entire staff and all the doctors and IVF nurses at Nashville fertility are amazing! They are compassionate, caring and they are cheering for you and your future baby! I am so thankful to have had them all in my corner and I know my embryo is a miracle from God but they were the angles who helped get me one. I wish so bad I could carry my baby but I am so thankful to have found a beautiful gestational carrie
I felt very loved and welcomed and the entire staff, doctors and my amazing IVF nurse Martha became like family to me [at Nashville Fertility Center]...They are compassionate, caring and they are cheering for you and your future baby! I am so thankful to have had them all in my corner...I loved my IVF nurse Martha!!! She is was amazing and helped me so much! She was patient, compassionate, very educated and helped me so much with options and treatment and how to handle obstacles as they occurred.
1 Egg Frozen
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
I am so thankful for the opportunity to have been a patient of Doctor Whitworth! I felt very loved and welcomed and the entire staff, doctors and my amazing IVF nurse Martha became like family to me. fertility issues and treatments can be very emotional and I was older when I got to Nashville fertility. I had just turned 41 and was learning as I went that my odds were very low for viable embryos. But we all nicknamed my eggs the little eggs they could and I was very slow to stimulate with a lot of ovarian cyst complications to work around. If it wasn’t for Doctor Whitworth I would not have a viable egg now that we are so ready to transfer using a gestational carrier. Dr. Whitworth fought for me and gave my body time to do what it needed. She was a true Angel and God send to me and so was Martha! Martha, my IVF nurse walked hand and hand with me through the entire process. I didn’t always get the news I wanted but I did always get the news presented in a loving and kind way. The entire staff and all the doctors and IVF nurses at Nashville fertility are amazing! They are compassionate, caring and they are cheering for you and your future baby! I am so thankful to have had them all in my corner and I know my embryo is a miracle from God but they were the angles who helped get me one. I wish so bad I could carry my baby but I am so thankful to have found a beautiful gestational carrier and we pray for our little miracle embryo every day! Praying she is tough and can make it through all she has to make it through to be in our arms. I will forever be grateful to Dr. Whitworth and her expertise and guidance. She, personally stepped in several times when I had complications to help me get through the obstacles. As they say great leaders are able to address obstacles and adjust through to the victory and Dr. Whitworth did just that. She was able to get me to egg retrieval twice and that was after several stopped cycles. She is a truly a brilliant leader and rock star doctor!
To be patient and to express her desires and communicate your needs and fears. To rely on them to do everything they can to get you a healthy baby. To know it is going to be a very emotional journey with a lot of highs and lows but also one where you just have to keep your eye on the prize!!!!
I love Dr. Witworth and my IVF nurse Martha. I was an older patient trying to do a free-all because I have complications that make it better for me to use a gestational carrier
Dr, Whitworth was amazing because due to my auto-immune and pre -existing medical issues she had to work around a lot of my medications! She explained to me that we had 3 protocols we could try. The first one didn’t work as I didn’t stimulate at all like I needed too so we moved to the second option. This included daily injections of gonal -f and every other day HCG injection and certrotide and then double trigger shots
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Martha Goodyear was my IVF nurse )
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
I love the entire staff at Nashville fertility! They are warm and friendly and so helpful! We did encounter a fee payment issues with being a progeny insurance patient and that was the only negative thing we dealt with. They were always on time and very thorough and made me feel so welcome and they really did cheer me on the entire time.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Nashville Fertility Center.
The ultrasound techs were amazing and honestly you never had to wait long! They were kind and loving as I was having a hard time stimulating so these appointments were very important and I always felt like I was a top concern
I thankfully was able to have progeny insurance through my employer. Unfortunately none of my husbands labs or test or procedures were covered but we thankfully only had to spend 6-10k for this process which is the only way we could have done this. Unfortunately, there is nothing that covers gestational carrier and legal work so that will all be out of pocket expenses.
I unfortunately was only able to get one embryo after 2 rounds of egg retrieval. First round, they got 5 mature eggs from me and 5 fertilized and 3 grew to embryos and after genetic testing only one female was viable. We lost two other male ones. Then the second egg retrieval, they got 8 eggs , 6 fertilized and only 2 grew to embryos that we genetically tested and none came back viable so we lost two more male embryos that time. But I often thought if I got three viable embryos I would have really liked to have been able to try 2 embryos at a time. Because I am older and having to use a gestational carrier and it’s so expensive! We are not trying to figure out every way we can to pay and get our embryo here and transferred. Even exploring go fund me. So after all you have to pay to go through everything I think multiple egg transfer should be an option. I do understand that if you only have two embryo that the chances of survival are better for single embryo transfer at a time and I do understand why Dr. Whitworth only likes to do one at a time. However, I think in certain circumstances, multiple embryo transfer could be best

Endometriosis, PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
She [Dr. Whitworth] has been encouraging to us throughout our treatment even when it hasn't been successful. She has a caring staff and when there have been issues with appointments or staff she has made a strong effort to make things right and quickly...I had a smooth IVF stimulation experience...She gave me a list of supplements to take ahead of time as well as my husband...She was very thorough in explaining why she would only transfer one embryo at a time which I appreciated.
For as large of a clinic it [Nashville Fertility Center] is run well. There can be long wait times but for the most part it runs smoothly. Strengths- clean, good parking, kind employees Weaknesses- can have long wait times, followup appointments are sometimes far out...I also have had to call the billing department and other areas with questions and everyone has been very kind and prompt...Everyone at the office has always been very friendly. It is just a large practice with a lot of patients.
Endometriosis, PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
Dr Whitworth explains things very well at appointments. She is very kind but if you are looking for a doctor that is bubbly she may not be the one for you. She has a very calm personality. She has been encouraging to us throughout our treatment even when it hasn't been successful. She has a caring staff and when there have been issues with appointments or staff she has made a strong effort to make things right and quickly.
I have had a good experience with her and think she does care for her patients.
I had a smooth IVF stimulation experience. My estrogen levels did get very high before retrieval but I used a Lupron trigger and had a freeze all cycle and everything ended up going well with the retrieval. I used gonal f, cetrotide, hcg & lupron. She gave me a list of supplements to take ahead of time as well as my husband.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Andie)
Andie has been my IVF NP and I cannot say enough good things about her. Since your IVF nurse is who you communicate with the most having a great one is essential. My first nurse left and I was given Andie after and she has been the best. She is so compassionate, kind and truly goes the extra mile for you. She looks you in the eye and never makes you feel rushed. She answers emails or phone calls promptly. She sits with you at your appointments and goes over everything thoroughly for as long as you need. We could use more people in healthcare like Andie! I also have had to call the billing department and other areas with questions and everyone has been very kind and prompt.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
For as large of a clinic it is run well. There can be long wait times but for the most part it runs smoothly. Strengths- clean, good parking, kind employees Weaknesses- can have long wait times, followup appointments are sometimes far out As with all healthcare, be your own advocate. Be on top of your appointments and don't hesitate to ask questions to your doctor or even the billing department.
25,000+ , IUI, IVF, FETs, additional testing
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Nashville Fertility Center.
I had a followup phone appointment scheduled for a specific time. Somehow the scheduler overlooked it and Dr Whitworth was not made aware of our appointment. Needless to say once we talked to her she was very apologetic and even sent a follow-up email on how they were going to make sure it never happened again to another patient. She definitely tried to make things right which we appreciated.

Anovulation, PCOS, Other
Dr. Whitworth is very candid and straightforward, and I like that. She is very knowledgable and shows compassion when appropriate, however she does not coddle you. ... Dr. Whitworth started me off with Clomid to induce ovulation due to my PCOS diagnosis, and upped my dosage when I stopped responding. ... We started with timed intercourse, but when that did not work, we started doing IUI.
The staff [Nashville Fertility Center] is absolutely wonderful, however the ladies up front can sometimes seem off-put by your presence. The ladies at the front desk are not the most compassionate, but the are not cold or rigid, either. ... Dr. Whitworth explained that they are regulated by the FDA and only allowed to do single embryo transfer for women under a certain age, which I fall into. ... They [nursing staff] are prompt and efficient with responding to calls.
European, Latino
Anovulation, PCOS, Other
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
Dr. Whitworth is very candid and straightforward, and I like that. She is very knowledgable and shows compassion when appropriate, however she does not coddle you. She answers every question I ever have, and goes into as much detail as I want to know.
Expect to meet with her staff frequently; her nurses and staff handle most every treatment. They are wonderful, but do not expect to meet with Dr. Whitworth at every appointment.
Dr. Whitworth is pretty neutral. She's not cold, but not overly warm. I genuinely like her bedside manner, but I do prefer doctors who get to the point.
Dr. Whitworth started me off with Clomid to induce ovulation due to my PCOS diagnosis, and upped my dosage when I stopped responding. When I stopped responding to the higher dosage, she switched me to Letrozole. After a while, I began taking Ovidrel injections to ensure ovulation. We started with timed intercourse, but when that did not work, we started doing IUI. The first cycle was not monitored other than at home with an OPK tests. The next 3 cycles were monitored on CD 17 at first to check for mature follicles, as my cycles are longer than 28 days. After being on the Letrozole for a few months, my cycle length shortened and I was to come in on CD 13. If there were mature follicles, we would inject Ovidrel at the office, then schedule IUI for the next day. I would take an HPT 2 weeks after the date of injection and call with results. No beta tests were ordered. After the 3rd monitored IUI with a negative test, we had a consultation again in which she ordered further bloodwork to determine if there was an underlying issue other than PCOS. Bloodwork came back stating that I am positive for antisperm antibodies, which then Dr. Whitworth recommends IVF with ICSI.
The nursing staff is wonderful and very compassionate and knowledgable. They are prompt and efficient with responding to calls.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
The staff is absolutely wonderful, however the ladies up front can sometimes seem off-put by your presence. The ladies at the front desk are not the most compassionate, but the are not cold or rigid, either.
IUI was roughly $550. Ultrasounds vary from $150-$350. Testing is between $50-$500
+ Read more- Read less

Second was diagnosis of hydrosalpinx. We had one tube removed. ... I will continue to see her until we get a positive result. My husband and I love Dr. Whitworth. ... Her bedside manner as well as appointment manner is truly remarkable. ... She has always spendt what I feel as adequate time with my husband and myself and responds to phone calls and emails in a timely manner. ...
The clinic [Nashville Fertility Center] is centrally located, secure, and respects patient privacy. It is always clean and well kept. My husband wasn’t sure what to expect for his SA but was pleasantly surprised with the quality of aids as well as the room itself. He felt a little strange going through that process but came out with a rather pleasant outlook. ... The nurses have always been very friendly and helpful. They are quick to return phone calls and emails.
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
I will continue to see her until we get a positive result. My husband and I love Dr. Whitworth. She is truly an amazing practitioner. Her bedside manner as well as appointment manner is truly remarkable. Once we started down our journey we realized that Dr. Whitworth was also the doctor that another family member used in their journey. Their experiences mimicked ours. We will always recommend her.
With all the tests that are included/needed; most of the time it’s a lot of trial and error, these processes take time so don’t forget to sit back and take a breath. If you’re really having a hard time with it join the support group that the clinic offers.
Dr. Whitworths manner is very professional and she is willing to stay and answer all of my questions. She has always spendt what I feel as adequate time with my husband and myself and responds to phone calls and emails in a timely manner. She came to my bedside and relieved nerves before we went into surgery to remove my blocked tube. It made me feel so much more comfortable knowing what we were up against (possibly losing both tubes). I have recommended her to anyone possible.
First was an HSG to determine if tubes were open, resulting in one tube open. Second was diagnosis of hydrosalpinx. We had one tube removed. Third we tried a round of clomid 100 mg cycle days 3-7. Next was three more cycles of clomid 100 mg cycle days 3-7 with an Ovidrel trigger shot after a cycle day 12-14 ovarian scan. Next will be femara and possible iui.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
The clinic is centrally located, secure, and respects patient privacy. It is always clean and well kept. My husband wasn’t sure what to expect for his SA but was pleasantly surprised with the quality of aids as well as the room itself. He felt a little strange going through that process but came out with a rather pleasant outlook.
My insurance covers nothing so we are out of pocket or “cash” pricing, the iui cost will be around $700 to $1000 depending on what kind of was we want. My ovidrel shot was around $100 and came from SMP pharmacy in Miami. I work at a hospital in the inpatient pharmacy and we have a retail pharmacy downstairs so I can get my Clomid and Femara at cost.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Whitworth has a sweet, understanding personality yet she is to the point. She knows my fear of certain procedures ... and yet she takes her time to make sure I’m comfortable before proceeding. She constantly asks how I am doing and if I’m ok. She takes her time and doesn’t rush. ... After failed cycles, she wouldn’t push us to do anything and let us decide what step was best for us.
I was able to get my monitoring visits at times available to my schedule. ... Our IVF cycle (not including medicines) was around $18,000 which included PGS testing, retrieval, and one FET. ... A strength that NFC has is they have lots of staff members with exceptional knowledge from billing, insurance, nurses to doctors. One weakness is that the office is very busy but at the same time they do their best to accommodate each patient and their needs.
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
Dr. Whitworth has a sweet, understanding personality yet she is to the point. She knows my fear of certain procedures (stitch before FET) and yet she takes her time to make sure I’m comfortable before proceeding. She constantly asks how I am doing and if I’m ok. She takes her time and doesn’t rush.
Be honest and upfront with Dr. Whitworth because she will be understanding of your needs no matter what they are.
She took the time to go over the details in our initial consultation. She went over our options - clomid, IUIs, IVF and diagnostic testing. After failed cycles, she wouldn’t push us to do anything and let us decide what step was best for us.
After initial work up, Dr. Whitworth tried a cycle of clomid and a cycle of letrozole both ended up with negative pregnancy tests. She wanted to start out slow to try and figure out my body/responses. She ordered an HSG to check my tubes trying to see if there was any problems. She then tried 3 cycles of IUIs with clomid also resulting in negative pregnancy tests. We then decided to do IVF since more IUIs wouldn’t be as successful. I responded great to the stimulation/medicines (Follistim, Ganirelix, Menopur and Lupron) and retrieval was easier than expected. She was able to do our last FET and stitch/dilation needed for FET.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kim)
Our nurse Kim was/is such a blessing to us. I am the type where I have lots of questions because I want to know more details, next steps, what to expect, etc. Every question I asked, she had an answer and eased my mind. She is very knowledgeable, caring, and understanding. I never felt rushed with her at any point. I am able to communicate with her easily and her response is fast. She truly cares about her patients.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
I was able to get my monitoring visits at times available to my schedule.

Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
Dr. Whitworth was very nice during our original consultation. She stated that most couples conceive within 3 medicated cycles. Sadly that was not the case for us. At times she would seem compassionate but other times I felt like she had forgotten about me or was irritated that treatments weren't working.... First we did several rounds of clomid and trigger shot but my lining was too thin. Then several of femara and trigger shot with no luck. A few times my ultrasound got scheduled too late and I developed cysts so I had to be put on progesterone bc pills and be out until they went away. I had one positive pregnanxy cycle but hcg was very low. I was put immediately on progesterone but numbers kept lowering. I did a total of 5-6 cycles of iui with femara and trigger shot.
Some nurses [at Nashville Fertility Center-Nashville] were nice, some treated you like a number. When i had my chemical pregnancy they called and said good news! Your hcg is almost gone, which I wasn't expecting. They were not careful with their words at all.... Way too many people served there. Never received calls back in a timely manner. Always had to call myself.
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
Be sure to ask questions.
Some nurses were nice, some treated you like a number. When i had my chemical pregnancy they called and said good news! Your hcg is almost gone, which I wasn't expecting. They were not careful with their words at all.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
Strengths for NFC: close location to my home, nice building, access, and parking Weaknesses for NFC: too many patients, poor communication, you feel like you have no hope and they certainly don't give any to you
Ultrasounds were a little over $100 apiece, hcg shot was about $100 as well. Iui was $500.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Nashville Fertility Center.
I've mentioned most already. They never called back and I always had to call them for results. They weren't concerned when I was very newly pregnant ( ended in chemical) and I was having severe back pain.
+ Read more- Read less

6 IUI, 3 IVF, Egg Freezing (cancer)
Cancer, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor
Dr. Whitworth oversaw several IUIs for my husband and I. The clinic nurse, a different one every time, performed the IUIs. They did not write information down about what size speculum to use, so be sure to ask them to makes notes in case you have to repeat the experience. We tried Femara and the IUI...did not make me feel important or that she cared about our case. I feel like she focused on my numbers and did not see me as a person with feelings and concerns. We waited for two or three hours to see her on our first appointment at her clinic and no one came out to tell us that there was any reason (we had waited three months for this appointment). It was a very frustrating first visit to this clinic.
This clinic [Nashville Fertility Center] needs to work on their professionalism and care coordination...Strengths: you can get monitored early in the morning in the case that you need to get to work. There is valet parking outside. The clinic is easy to find. Weaknesses: The ultrasound experience was painful and harsh. The office lost my file on one occasion. The billing department was inconsistent.
6 IUI, 3 IVF, Egg Freezing (cancer)
Cancer, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
This doctor was very busy and not present during our visit in such a way I do not think that she thought that our case was very important. I translated that to mean that she didn't think that our chance of success was very high. Her delivery of information was harsh to my husband. She never made eye contact with my husband in the first meeting, which made him feel very unimportant.
Have you thought of trying other clinics or other doctors?
Dr. Whitworth did not make me feel important or that she cared about our case. I feel like she focused on my numbers and did not see me as a person with feelings and concerns. We waited for two or three hours to see her on our first appointment at her clinic and no one came out to tell us that there was any reason (we had waited three months for this appointment). It was a very frustrating first visit to this clinic.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Andrea)
Failed to return calls, lost results, were not compassionate to me in the clinic with our interactions.
6-7,000
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Nashville Fertility Center.
This clinic needs to work on their professionalism and care coordination.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
I have always felt like she [Dr. Christine Whitworth] was my partner in trying to reach this goal of having a child. Every step of the way she's supported me, listened and taken into consideration my situation, sometimes lack of funds and emotional well-being as we continue to move forward.... First did unmedicated IUI. Next we did a round of IVF with Gonal F and my resulting 2 embryos were chromosomally abnormal. I then did an FSH IUI with Follistem + Novarel + Ovidrel. First try with 1st donor was a BFN. Second try with 2nd donor was a BFP but baby's heartbeat was gone at 7w2d (likely chromosome issue again like IVF results) because it was awful trying to complete miscarriage (embryo was happy to hang around).
They [Nashville Fertility Center] generally run on time but there are times of extended waits for a scheduled appointment. That being said, when I needed to go in for last minute blood work or an u/s that was unscheduled they ALWAYS worked me in and honored my request to come in. Biggest weakness I'd have to say is having to leave messages for the nurses and them calling back later. It often ends up in a game of phone tag and you don't get to talk it through.
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
Infertility is a world of taking chances and hoping to hit the lucky combination. It is t fair to look to a doctor to have all of the answers, they can only give you the options. We've explored many options from IUI to IVF to FSH IUI. Sometimes it looks like it will work and it doesn't. Sometimes it feels like nothing is different but then you see a line getting darker on a pregnancy. Sometimes a heartbeat is there one week and gone the next. None of this hangs on Dr. Whitworth's shoulders or assessments, not does it fall on my body. Getting and staying pregnant is a shooting star and we're all just hoping to take a ride on one. Dr. Whitworth has always championed me and my options in this journey and I will see this through with her by my side.
Expect the unexpected and don't have expectations or a timeline. Specifically, she will advocate for you so advocate for yourself and she will support you.
I have always felt like she was my partner in trying to reach this goal of having a child. Every step of the way she's supported me, listened and taken into consideration my situation, sometimes lack of funds and emotional well-being as we continue to move forward.
First did unmedicated IUI. Next we did a round of IVF with Gonal F and my resulting 2 embryos were chromosomally abnormal. I then did an FSH IUI with Follistem + Novarel + Ovidrel. First try with 1st donor was a BFN. Second try with 2nd donor was a BFP but baby's heartbeat was gone at 7w2d (likely chromosome issue again like IVF results) because it was awful trying to complete miscarriage (embryo was happy to hang around). Thought IVF would be best way to guarantee multiple embryos but proved that my diminished egg count is also matched with poor egg quality.
Everyone is very helpful, compassionate, supportive and capable.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
They generally run on time but there are times of extended waits for a scheduled appointment. That being said, when I needed to go in for last minute blood work or an u/s that was unscheduled they ALWAYS worked me in and honored my request to come in. Biggest weakness I'd have to say is having to leave messages for the nurses and them calling back later. It often ends up in a game of phone tag and you don't get to talk it through.
$$$$$. 16,000 for retrieval, 7,000 for transfer (that never happened, I think 90% was refunded). $500 per IUI procedure, approx $3,000 per FSH IUI all in with meds + donor sperm. $500 for initial visit. $500 for genetic testing.
No applicable.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Whitworth is a very busy doctor but she still takes time to explain everything clearly. She has a good bedside manor, but is not an emotional doctor. She is straight business, to some that may make them feel like more of a number but that just is her personality...She is very smart and truly does care about the care she gives and the nurses in the office call her the "endometriosis queen"- and she is!
I have been nothing but impressed with the nursing staff at the Murfreesboro office [of Nashville Fertility Center]. They have all been amazing!...They [nurses] are very very busy but they manage the patient load well. The clinic is small, but I believe that they are getting a new office in the near future...Dr. Whitworth is a very busy doctor but she still takes time to explain everything clearly. She has a good bedside manor, but is not an emotional doctor.
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
She is very informative and explains all options based on your diagnoses and will let you decide what you feel best for you and your body. She is all business and is not an emotional doctor. It took me a while to get use to this, as I am an emotional person. I did have to have surgery as well with Dr. Whitworth for endometriosis and I feel just took the best care and did the absolute best surgery. They do have a lot of patients, so until you see her a few times and get really established, it takes her a bit to put all the pieces of your history back together- that has been the only frustrating part to my husband and I. But, we have now been treated by her for over 1 year and this is not an issue now. Overall, we have been very happy with her and would recommend her to others.
Patience, even though it is SO hard!!! Fertility is such a variable practice of medicine and has to be specifically tailored to each person and sometimes, the answers take a while to uncover and sometimes, there are no answers, which is the most frustrating part of infertility.
Dr. Whitworth is a very busy doctor but she still takes time to explain everything clearly. She has a good bedside manor, but is not an emotional doctor. She is straight business, to some that may make them feel like more of a number but that just is her personality. It did take me a bit to get use to this quality, as I am more of an emotional person. She is very smart and truly does care about the care she gives and the nurses in the office call her the "endometriosis queen"- and she is!
I had a miscarriage the first month of trying in October of 2016. I switched OBGYN early 2017 and he sent me to Dr. Whitworth - in June of 2017 I had HSG done and my tubes were clear. In Sep we started Clomid- I developed a large cysts and the cycle failed. I then did 3 rounds of Femara. 2 of those rounds, I was able to do a trigger shot to release my egg/eggs. The other round, the follicle was too large and we were not able to do trigger shot. In Feb 2018, I started even more of an increase in pain with periods and had an ultrasound that showed possible endometriomas on both of my ovaries. I did 2 rounds of Lupron and then had surgery in June 2018 for endometriosis. I was diagnosed with stage 4 endo. Dr.Whitworth now wants us to try on our own for 3-4 months and then will will try medicated if I do not get pregnant before then. Dr. Whitworth gave us about a 35% of conceiving on our own. If we are not able to do so, we will start IVF next year.
I have been nothing but impressed with the nursing staff at the Murfreesboro office. They have all been amazing!
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
They are very very busy but they manage the patient load well. The clinic is small, but I believe that they are getting a new office in the near future. I have been impressed with the Murfreesboro office.
We have been lucky, our insurance has picked up most of the ultrasounds as well as the surgery. We have had to come out of pocket for all medication, consultations and testing for my husband.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Other
Ellen [nurse at Nashville Fertility Center] is amazing! She was always very organized, prompt at getting back to me through email or phone calls and very caring and compassionate...The costs were in line with other fertility clinics in the area...I was very pleased with the safety protocols in place with the staff double checking everything every step along the way for every visit I had. I always felt cared about and like my success mattered to everyone involved in my treatment.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Other
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
Dr. Whitworth was very personable from the get go and we felt that she was both encouraging and realistic. My husband and I went in to our journey at NFC knowing that we had both female and male factor issues. Dr. Whitworth spent time with us answering all of our questions and presenting the facts in a realistic but positive manner. She referred us to an amazing doctor to perform my husband's sperm harvesting and followed up with his doctor and us to check on how it went. When my first HSG showed a possible unicornate uterus, Dr. Whitworth took the time to explain things to me and performed a follow up HSG to be sure of the diagnosis. After our first injectable cycle did not give us the results we had hoped for, Dr. Whitworth spent time with us going over our options and giving us the realistic facts of what would give us the best chance at success. We ended up deciding to use donor sperm with an IUI since my body was not responding well and was only producing a few follicles. Dr. Whitworth never hesitated to spend time answering my many questions and always made me feel like I mattered to her. I had full confidence in her ability and trusted her decisions and recommendations. We were successful on our third cycle with Dr. Whitworth and when we got our positive result, Dr. Whitworth celebrated with us.
I would encourage anyone that is going in to meet with Dr. Whitworth to come in with questions that they have and to also have an open mind to hear what Dr. Whitworth's suggestions and recommendations are for the best course of treatment.
Dr. Whitworth consistently took the time to meet with us and listen to our concerns. She always answered all of my questions and never made me feel as if I was wasting her time or that my questions were not important. She celebrated our success with us when I did have a positive outcome but she also made a personal phone call to me on multiple occasions when things were not going as planned.
First cycle - Planning on IVF with ICSI - Used Gonal F (225 am and pm), Menopur (75 am and pm) and Lupron (20 am and pm) - monitoring did not show significant follicles (only 2 measurable with one below trigger size) - options were to cancel, continue with retrieval or switch to IUI with donor sperm - switched to IUI with donor sperm and cycle was not successful Second cycle - Plan on IUI with donor sperm - Femara 5mg days 3-7 - one follicle but on right side where I do not have a fallopian tube Third cycle - Plan on IUI with donor sperm - Gonal F (150 am and pm) - 3 measurable follicles all on the left- IUI - positive beta resulting in a full term birth of one baby
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Ellen)
Ellen is amazing! She was always very organized, prompt at getting back to me through email or phone calls and very caring and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
The costs were in line with other fertility clinics in the area.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Whitworth is very easy to talk to. We would often have tons of questions and she would answer everyone, without making us feel like we were taking up too much time. We had one visit with her that lasted 3 hours, but that was by our choice because of all of the questions we had.... My husband had low sperm count and no motility. She suggested HCG shots, but due to the cost we first tried clomid. He did well with this and 3 months later had above normal numbers!
The nursing staff at the Murfreesboro office [Nashville Fertility Center] is amazing. Both my husband and I love them. We are those patients that constantly have questions since all our meds are new to us. Every time we call we get a call back from the nurse within a day.... Usually when consulting with the doctor about next steps, it’s done in their office, not the patient room, which is nice. They can do most testing in office. I’ve had transvaginal ultrasounds there, and they do sperm analyses there also.
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
Dr. Whitworth is very easy to talk to. We would often have tons of questions and she would answer everyone, without making us feel like we were taking up too much time. We had one visit with her that lasted 3 hours, but that was by our choice because of all of the questions we had. She answered everyone. She explained everything g very well also to where we could understand. She was able to explain details about my husbands sperm and testosterone issues in a way we could understand.
We were listened to and made to feel like we were important and that our problems mattered to them. Dr. Whitworth would address every concern we had and seemed to really care.
My husband had low sperm count and no motility. She suggested HCG shots, but due to the cost we first tried clomid. He did well with this and 3 months later had above normal numbers! He still had some white blood cells so Dr. Whitworth prescribes antibiotics for that. I was diagnosed with PCOS and put on Metformin. I was put on one cycle of clomid, but this thinned my lining. I came in for an US to confirm that, and was then switched to Letrozole for 3 months. I ovulated each cycle. Before starting the Letrozole I had an HSG test also.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center.
The nursing staff at the Murfreesboro office is amazing. Both my husband and I love them. We are those patients that constantly have questions since all our meds are new to us. Every time we call we get a call back from the nurse within a day. She is always pleasant to talk to and remembers our specific information.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
We have only been to the Murfreesboro office, not their main Nashville office. It is clean and inviting. The rooms are nice. Usually when consulting with the doctor about next steps, it’s done in their office, not the patient room, which is nice. They can do most testing in office. I’ve had transvaginal ultrasounds there, and they do sperm analyses there also. That part is great for male factor infertility because of the convenience. It only takes an hour for them to get the results back, so it’s discussed same day. Blood work is also done there. There’s a small waiting room so if you’re not comfortable sitting with a bunch of people that’s something to think about.
With our BCBS insurance we had to pay our specialty copay of $45 for our visit. If both my husband and I were being seen that would be the fee for each of us. Our insurance is not in network with their lab, so sperm analysis cost us $130. My first transvaginal ultrasound cost us $60. But the next 2 I had were covered by our insurance and we paid nothing.

Endometriosis, Unexplained
Overall we were please with Dr. whitworth. She seemed to be intelligent and forward thinking. She just seemed too busy to really focus on us as individual patients...We went back to clomid after being on a different medication. I loved that she looked back at my chart to see that that was a better fit. That ended up working but we lost our child in miscarriage. Other than that we just kept having surgery after surgery to treat my endometriosis. It didn’t at the time seem to make any difference.
Once we were there [Nashville Fertility Center] for an appointment to talk with the doctor about IVF. They have had it on the books for a month. This is after being a patient for 2 years. We got there and they forgot to pass our folder on so we sat for 30 min then my husband when to check and they realized and so it took another 20 min. Then, when we went back, the doctor [Dr. Whitworth] said “How can I help you today?”...There are times when I would like to speak to someone quickly and there is no one ever answering calls. Maybe they could have a nurse who’s job is to answer silly calls from hormonal stressed out patients.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
Overall we were please with Dr. whitworth. She seemed to be intelligent and forward thinking. She just seemed too busy to really focus on us as individual patients. She is a reflection of her clinic. I believe the clinic needs some major improvements.
With any doctor, you must be your biggest advocate.
NFC was just too busy. Long wait times and quick care never made me feel good about the quality of care we were receiving.
I had a few nurses who helped me during my time with NFC however, Ellen stood out and made me feel cared for and in good hands. Her positivity got me through the many rough patches.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
We didn’t get the results we were looking for so it’s hard to find strengths. I would say the nurses were the best part. My nurse really cared for me. Unfortunately, I have a handful of weaknesses. First, after attending NFC for 4 years the ladies at the front desk still said,”can I get your name” every time I came. Second, the wait time was always so long and the waiting room is really uncomfortable. Once I was meeting with my doctor and they left in the middle of my appointment to do another ultrasound. It’s just proof, you are too busy. Lastly, after two failed IVF transfers and no embryos remaining. I never once heard from anyone at NFC checking in on my husband or I to see how we were or if they could help. We received the voicemail that it didn’t work and that was it. $40,000 later and nothing. Lastly, the IVF voicemail. There are times when I would like to speak to someone quickly and there is no one ever answering calls. Maybe they could have a nurse who’s job is to answer silly calls from hormonal stressed out patients.
Around $40,000 IVF, meds, and Surgeries
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Nashville Fertility Center.
Once we were there for an appointment to talk with the doctor about IVF. They have had it on the books for a month. This is after being a patient for 2 years. We got there and they forgot to pass our folder on so we sat for 30 min then my husband when to check and they realized and so it took another 20 min. Then, when we went back, the doctor said “How can I help you today?” Read your file!
+ Read more- Read less

Seeking fertility treatment was a very emotionally charged time for my husband and I and Dr Whitworth did a wonderful job of making us both feel very comfortable at our first consultation. She was very thorough and clinical with the initial consultation and all related testing....We have our third and final IUI scheduled for next month. If unsuccessful, we will again meet with Dr Whitworth to discuss further treatment options.
The clinic [Nashville Fertility Center] is always clean and the rooms are always prepared for the patient upon arrival. For the most part, we have been taken back for all of our appointments on time. We had one occurrence where staff was running behind and we waited about 1 hour before meeting with the doctor. The staff members who complete your check out after your appointment are wonderful!
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
Dr Whitworth and her nursing staff have done a great job at making my husband and I feel like people and not numbers. They are all super friendly and welcoming and genuinely interested in how your treatment is progressing.
My husband and I have been diagnosed with unexplained infertility. We initially completed 2 cycles of timed intercourse with femara (unsure of exact dosage), ultrasound monitoring, and ovidrel injections. Both cycles resulted in a negative pregnancy test. We then completed 1 IUI cycle with femara (unsure of exact dosage), ultrasound monitoring, and ovidrel injections. This cycle resulted in a negative pregnancy test. We completed a second IUI cycle with clomid (50 mg), ultrasound monitoring, and ovidrel injection. This cycle resulted in a negative pregnancy test. I switched from femara to clomid secondary to side effects (namely severe headaches). With all of my femara cycles, I only had 1-2 follicles to be ovulated for each cycle. With clomid, I had 3-5 follicles to be ovulated. We have our third and final IUI scheduled for next month. If unsuccessful, we will again meet with Dr Whitworth to discuss further treatment options.
All of the nursing staff have been super friendly and able to answer all of my questions! They quickly respond to any questions left via voicemail with a prompt call back.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
Nashville Fertility Clinic has many strengths. The clinic is always clean and the rooms are always prepared for the patient upon arrival. For the most part, we have been taken back for all of our appointments on time. We had one occurrence where staff was running behind and we waited about 1 hour before meeting with the doctor. The staff members who complete your check out after your appointment are wonderful! On weekends and holidays when the check out staff members are not working you complete your checkout with the receptionist/check in staff. They are not as knowledgeable in regard to billing and I have had to check on my billing at later appointments to make sure it is correct.
Our insurance provider, United Healthcare, has covered portions of all of our treatment components with the exception of ovidrel shots. Ovidrel shots were around $90 per shot (not covered by our insurance as previously stated). Femara was around $4 per prescription (with insurance). Clomid was around $13 per prescription (with insurance). We paid around $231 following each ultrasound + office visit to discuss ultrasound results. We paid around $564 following each IUI. Our timed intercourse cycles with femara, ultrasound monitoring, and ovidrel injections were roughly $325 per cycle. Our IUI cycle with femara, ultrasound monitoring, and ovidrel injection was roughly $889. Our IUI cycle with clomid, ultrasound monitoring, and ovidrel injection was roughly $898.
+ Read more- Read less
Dr. Whitworth was very kind and approachable. I actually switched to her after being referred to another doctor who seemed rather cold and harsh. On top of how compassionate she was, she is also skilled! She performed my tubal removal surgery and my egg retrieval. She was very helpful and always in a cheerful mood. She seemed to go above and beyond to take care of me holistically. She is a saint! I cannot express how thankful I am for her.
I enjoyed my entire experience at NFC. Very clean facility. Friendly staff. One thing I can think of as a weakness is the first time I was waiting on pregnancy test results. I took the test at 8 or 9 am and had to call back at office closing time to retrieve the results. As a fertility patient, the last thing we want to do is wait an entire day for those results. That was the ONLY time I had to wait an entire day.
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
I would tell the patient to be very open about her needs. Dr. Whitworth was very helpful with all aspects of my care, physically, mentally, and emotionally.
Visits with Dr. Whitworth and NFC were always very exciting. I was always happy and never felt rushed. I don’t think there was a time I felt like a number. Dr. Whitworth was very warm and approachable.
For my first fresh transfer, I only had one embry to transfer which is what she would’ve recommended anyways for the risk of multiples was a factor. That transfer was unsuccessful. For my first frozen transfer a year later we transferred two frozen day 6 embryos. Transferring 2 embryos this time were ideal since we wanted to be a little more aggressive because of my first failed transfer. I now have a 10 month old because of the frozen transfer! I don’t remember specifics but I do remember a lot less medication and stress with my frozen transfer!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center.
The nursing staff was very organized and informative. They were very responsive to emails and phone calls. Overall great team!
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
I remember it being during a certain time but there was nothing hectic about it. It was easy.
$10,000 for fresh IVF cycle. $7000 total medication for fresh cycle. Around $5-6000 for frozen cycle.
Dr. Whitworth was very informative about both eSet vs multiple embryo transfer.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Nashville Fertility Center.
Only once out of the 3 years I was seen by NFC did they fail to call me with a lab result on time.

Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS
Dr. Whitworth took time with us each visit and listened to our concerns and questions. Even if we had to wait to see her, we didn't mind because she gave us her time. When our frozen cycle did not work she was very understanding and didn't push any new treatment on us - gave us options and agreed that we just needed time to decide what was next....We never felt pressured to go one direction or another - she was very honest with success rates, etc.
Great staff [at Nashville Fert Center]- you do have to wait typically for your appointment to see the doctor, but again we just understand it is what it is. Everything is clean. Everyone is kind and knowledgable and understanding of your situation...Martha was amazing - she gave us full attention and always answered my questions when I had them - even if they seemed silly....You will have to wait for your appointment .. they see a lot of people and everyone deserves good care.
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
As I stated above - we appreciated her time and concern. We know there is a process and trial and error when it comes to fertility treatment. It takes time and there isn't always a clear answer or treatment and she explained things well to us. We never felt pressured to go one direction or another - she was very honest with success rates, etc.
Be clear with her on how much you want to do and your wishes - she goes at your pace. Have your list of questions ready - she will answer them. You will have to wait for your appointment - but be patient - they see a lot of people and everyone deserves good care. We saw so many impatient patients that were so rude to the staff and nurses and it was frustrating because they are doing their best. :)
We did 4 IUIs - no pregnancy results. Then she did surgery to see about endemotriosis - which there was. Following surgery - we had 4 more IUIs - but after the 2nd or 3rd one she suggested we consider moving to IVF. It was our choice to do the other IUIs. We did IVF in 2014 - fresh cycle - day 5 transfer with 1 embryo - resulted in successful pregnancy of our son. In 2017 - we started the process for a frozen cycle of our remaining embryo - it was not successful (we didn't do any PGS on the embryo). We are in the process of a fresh/frozen IVF cycle with PGS this time due to my age (35)
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Martha)
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
Great staff - you do have to wait typically for your appointment to see the doctor, but again we just understand it is what it is. Everything is clean. Everyone is kind and knowledgable and understanding of your situation.

Endometriosis, Male Factor
Dr. Whitworth was always very thorough with her explanations to us, and very honest about how to adjust her plan of care/our treatment. After two IUIs, she point blank told us that additional IUIs would not likely be successful and that it was time to move on in our journey...For IVF, I stimmed using Follistim and used Ovidrel to make sure I didn't ovulate. I stimmed rather quickly (began stims 2/6 and had egg retrieval 2/15). 21 eggs were retrieved, but only 3 made it to 5 day status. No one was sure why the statistics were not in our favor in regards to this.
Martha [nurse at Nashville Fertility Center] was amazing, and I missed her when we were transferred to the OB at 9 weeks of pregnancy....I won't ever forget her having me come in after hours when I had a positive beta but I was bleeding. She stayed late to teach my husband how to do PIO injections, since we had previously been using progesterone inserts... She was compassionate, informed, and an excellent communicator. She promptly answered all of my calls and emails, and when she didn't know an answer to one of my questions she would always follow up with my physician for me and then get back to me.
Endometriosis, Male Factor
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
Ask her hard questions and be ready for the honest (sometimes brutal) truth.
Dr. Whitworth sat down with us (free of charge) after our fresh transfer resulted in a chemical pregnancy and I truly felt her compassion for our situation. Similarly, when we had our positive pregnancy result and we "graduated" from our fertility center to our OB, she was excited and so supportive of us. We even went back to visit after our baby was born and she asked questions specific to my pregnancy/labor/delivery, as well as to the health of my baby.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Martha Goodyear)
Martha was amazing, and I missed her when we were transferred to the OB at 9 weeks of pregnancy. She was compassionate, informed, and an excellent communicator. She promptly answered all of my calls and emails, and when she didn't know an answer to one of my questions she would always follow up with my physician for me and then get back to me. I won't ever forget her having me come in after hours when I had a positive beta but I was bleeding. She stayed late to teach my husband how to do PIO injections, since we had previously been using progesterone inserts.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
The clinic was great. Everyone I met, from schedulers to nurse anesthesia providers, were so kind, knowledgeable, and helpful. The only weaknesses I can think of was simply passing along my file. After we decided to do IVF, I was expecting a call from the IVF nurse within a week. This didn't happen, and it was only after I called the clinic and followed up with them that my patient file was placed with the IVF nurse.
There were a lot of appointment times available, so it was easy to work around my schedule. It was run very professionally, and was a well-oiled machine. Patti was often my ultrasound tech and she was always so upbeat and kind.
About $10,000 for IVF, $5,000 for stim medications, $1,500 for ICSI, and $5,500 for FET.
Dr. Whitworth felt strongly that for our first transfer we only transfer one embryo (rated 5AA). For our second transfer my husband and I felt strongly about transferring two, and Dr. Whitworth was on board. She provided us with education regarding risks.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Whitworth is kind, and I very much appreciated her bedside manner. However I felt like I wasn't made aware of the impact PCOS symptoms were having on my success probability. I wish I saw her more instead of other technicians, nurses, etc...Ask questions. Discuss with her -- when you can get time with her -- what the ideal results of your before-IUI ultrasound look like so you don't end up going with the flow and perhaps pouring effort/$$$ into unlikely attempts.
Bad experience with a rough ultrasound technician [at Nashville Fertility Center]. Told by a nurse to smile or I wouldn't get pregnant. Loose approach to diagnoses, not frequent enough dealings with actual doctor. Long long wait times....Have definitely felt like a number. Not very friendly toward working professionals as far as appointment times. Had a bad experience with a rough ultrasound technician. Wait times can be long. LGBT-friendly.
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
When I saw Dr. Whitworth, I felt like she treated me as a human. However the practice/fertility center overall often made me feel like a number.
One unmedicated IUI attempt first, with no before-IUI ultrasound (ask for one!), then Clomid for 2 IUIs. After Clomid thinned uterine lining too much, attempted Femara instead but no response to the drug. Back to Clomid for fourth IUI, but at a lower dose.
In one particularly hard visit, a nurse told me to smile or I wouldn't get pregnant. That about sent me over the edge.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
For an IUI with frozen sperm, the thaw and procedure together cost around $450, plus $$ for lab work, sperm, ultrasounds, meds, etc.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Nashville Fertility Center.
Bad experience with a rough ultrasound technician. Told by a nurse to smile or I wouldn't get pregnant. Loose approach to diagnoses, not frequent enough dealings with actual doctor. Long long wait times.

2013 - 2014
Dr Whitworth was alwaya very straight forward, which I appreciated, but she always took a vested interest in our situation. I was never just another patient. She took the time to get to know my husband and I, and our circumstances....We started with Dr Whitworth and after initial testing (resulting in unexplained fertility) she determined we could do IUI. So we started with 3 cycles of that. I was using ovulation tests but that was it. No success after 3 cycles so we moved onto IVF.
The staff is great, and the location is ideal. They take great care with your privacy which is important. Everyone is very welcoming, and will become part of your family....Jordan and the entire nursing staff was very caring. The approach they took made a very overwhelming situation easy to handle. They reviewed the whole cycle at the start, but once we began, each step was laid out VERY clearly with specific instructions. And we only had to think about the next step, which made it much more manageable.
2013 - 2014
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
Dr Whitworth came highly recommended so I was excited when I was able to become her patient. After our first appointment I was able to see why. She is a great listener, and communicator. She lays out all of the risks and rewards, and takes the time to discuss and review them together to come up with a plan. Her compassion for her patients ia evident in how hard she works to help them succeed.
Be honest with her about any and all circumstances and concerns - she will listen.
Dr Whitworth was alwaya very straight forward, which I appreciated, but she always took a vested interest in our situation. I was never just another patient. She took the time to get to know my husband and I, and our circumstances. During our cycle, we had a unique situation come up, and she took it personally as hard as we did.
We started with Dr Whitworth and after initial testing (resulting in unexplained fertility) she determined we could do IUI. So we started with 3 cycles of that. I was using ovulation tests but that was it. No success after 3 cycles so we moved onto IVF. We used birth control to control when my cycle would start and lupron to suppress ovulation. To stimulate production, I used an FSH. Because of my body’s hormone levels, we knew I was at risk for OHS, so my hormone levels were constantly watched and my medication adjusted as needed. When it came time for retrieval, my hormone levels were VERY high, but that was the only way to get me to produce enough eggs. After retrieval, and as we waited to see how many embryos would form, I did develop OHS. After testing, we ended up with 4 healthy embryos, and decided with Dr Whitworth to freeze them in order to help my body recover, instead of doing a fresh transfer. After about a month, we resumed the transfer cycle. Due to my age and other circumstances, Dr Whitworth recommended we transfer 2 instead of 1. We agreed it gave us the best chance at a baby. We also started Progesterone in Oil shots at this point (or slightly earlier). After our two week wait, we got a positive pregnancy test! BUT before we could have our ultrasound, I had some spotting. Because of previous issues I had before coming to Nashville Fertility, Dr Whitworth brought me in for an early ultrasound. It was then that we discovered that one of the embryos had implanted in my fallopian tube, while the other was in my uterus. Resulting in a heterotopic pregnancy. Amazingly, Dr Whitworth was able to preform surgery to remove the ectopic pregnancy and my tube, while leaving the other embryo in my uterus in tact. We continued the Progesterone shots until 12 weeks. At 8 weeks I was transferred to my regular OB. I went into labor on my due date and delivered my precious baby boy!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jordan Vaughan)
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
The staff is great, and the location is ideal. They take great care with your privacy which is important. Everyone is very welcoming, and will become part of your family. As excited as I was to be off to my regular doctor once I was 8-weeks pregnant, I was sad to leave NFC.
We were VERY lucky in that my husband insurance covered up to $15,000 of the procedure costs. All in, the cost of our cycle was a little over $20,000 plus some more for medications. We paid approx $5,000 - $7,500 ourselves.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Whitworth was upfront with me about my poor chance of success with IUI. So she offered another alternative, donor embryo, which was only a $1k more and has a much greater chance of success. She diagnosed me with a damaged tube and surgically removed it because it could reduce the success of the embryo transfer. After surgery she personally called me to check on me.
They [Nashville Fertility Center] require fertility counseling by a specific counselor and her charges are a racket. As far as costs for surgeries, procedures, etc they are very upfront. All the staff but one have been extremely courteous. Once you’re a patient, it’s fairly easy to get an appointment. The nurses always call you back the same day.... They were always very kind and went out of their way to help me.
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
Ask her to explain what other options you have for conceiving.
She is personable, takes her time with me, always asks how I am. I feel like she cares about me & getting a good outcome.
I am still on the donor waiting list.
They were always very kind and went out of their way to help me.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
They require fertility counseling by a specific counselor and her charges are a racket. As far as costs for surgeries, procedures, etc they are very upfront. All the staff but one have been extremely courteous. Once you’re a patient, it’s fairly easy to get an appointment. The nurses always call you back the same day.
All my appointments have just cost my copay. Blood draws have cost $15. My cost of my surgery to remove a damaged tube was around $100 (Whitworth’s fee only). The donor embryo transfer fee is $8k
Dr. Whitworth did not talk to me about the option to transfer multiple embryos
+ Read more- Read less

I was on testosterone shots when I started seeing her [Dr. Whitworth]. Her first immediate plan was for me to stop those as they caused a very low sperm count and zero motility. She recommended HCG shots, but due to cost we tried clomid instead. She had me come in 3 months later to test again and the results were great. Dr. Whitworth gave me the results right away...went into a lot of detail through all my visits and it didn’t feel like she was rushing me out the door.
The nurse [at Nashville Fertility Center] we always had was always smiling and always in a good mood...A strength of the office was that everyone was on the same page, from the front desk to the doctor. They communicated well. The office was nice and clean. The room they have in there used for samples was nice.....About $80 for blood work and $140 for SA...Dr. Whitworth was very knowledgeable. She was great at breaking stuff down for me and explaining the technical things in a way I could understand. Specifically how testosterone works in the body. One weakness would be that sometimes I wasn’t clear on future plans or future visits.
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
Write all your questions down so you remember everything.
Dr. Whitworth went into a lot of detail through all my visits and it didn’t feel like she was rushing me out the door.
I was on testosterone shots when I started seeing her. Her first immediate plan was for me to stop those as they caused a very low sperm count and zero motility. She recommended HCG shots, but due to cost we tried clomid instead. She had me come in 3 months later to test again and the results were great. Dr. Whitworth gave me the results right away.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Amber )
The nurse we always had was always smiling and always in a good mood.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
I had to pay my specialist $45 copay. Blood work and SA were expensive because our insurance didn’t cover their lab. About $80 for blood work and $140 for SA.
2010 - 2012
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Dr. Whitworth has a pretty good bedside manner, so I felt less like a number to her...could be compassionate and understanding, but she constantly contradicted herself on why things weren't working for us. When I would "call her out on it" she would just kind of stammer and mumble. After each failure (IUI or IVF) she would want to run more tests. It was incredibly frustrating because we were 100% out of pocket, and I felt like the testing should have been done on the front end.
I ended up paying for an IUI because I hadn't been told to be monitored [at Nashville Fertility Center]. I was only told to do OPKs and call when positive, which was too late...Pros - the nursing staff and ultra sound techs are amazing. I had a few meetings/dealings with Dr. Abby Eblem who I would refer people to. Cons - communication breakdowns between drs/nurses/staff that can be frustrating...1. 2 weeks bcp, 150 Follistim morning and evening - added Ganirelix - 2 fertilized eggs 2. Lupron, Follistim, Menopur - 3 fertilized eggs
2010 - 2012
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
Dr. Whitworth could be compassionate and understanding, but she constantly contradicted herself on why things weren't working for us. When I would "call her out on it" she would just kind of stammer and mumble. After each failure (IUI or IVF) she would want to run more tests. It was incredibly frustrating because we were 100% out of pocket, and I felt like the testing should have been done on the front end.
Keep track of questions/answers and ask what other testing can be completed on the front end.
She was amazing.
100% out of pocket for all
Since I was doing fresh, she suggested putting them all back (there were 2 the first cycle, and 3 the 2nd)
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Nashville Fertility Center.
I ended up paying for an IUI because I hadn't been told to be monitored. I was only told to do OPKs and call when positive, which was too late. As I look back, I should have demanded a refund, but I was so naive to everything and wanted to be a "good" patient.

PCOS, Unexplained
She [Dr. Christine Whitworth] is extremely knowledgeable and been practicing for many years. She gave us the major details we needed to know when looking at our options. After our first egg retrieval failed and we lost all of our embryos, she had a private consult with my husband and I to discuss what our next steps would be. Our 2nd retrieval produced 3 perfectly healthy embryos we are now waiting to do a frozen embryo transfer with.
There were significant costs to do IVF [at Nashville Fertility Center]. We paid a huge chunk of money up front but still continued to receive bills which has been really confusing. Our insurance says there are issues with the dr’s office billing...The staff has been really nice and helpful for the most part...We first tried timed intercourse, and then moved to Clomid/Letrozole and IUI, then to injectables and IUI then to IVF.
PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
She is extremely knowledgeable and been practicing for many years. She gave us the major details we needed to know when looking at our options. After our first egg retrieval failed and we lost all of our embryos, she had a private consult with my husband and I to discuss what our next steps would be. Our 2nd retrieval produced 3 perfectly healthy embryos we are now waiting to do a frozen embryo transfer with.
To ask as many questions as possible and don’t take things at face value if you’re confused or don’t fully understand something.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Shannon Smith)
Shannon has been incredible to work with! We are so grateful for her help and support throughout all of this.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
The billing department is extremely confusing. We never understand what it is we’re paying for after giving a huge sum of money to do IVF. The staff has been really nice and helpful for the most part.
There were significant costs to do IVF. We paid a huge chunk of money up front but still continued to receive bills which has been really confusing. Our insurance says there are issues with the dr’s office billing.
They prefer single embryo transfers until the age of 35+
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
Dr. Whitworth is a very smart and compassionate doctor. After a big set back, she has completely given me a personalized treatment for my next cycle. The majority of the time, I didn’t get to see her, unless I made an appointment with her or I happened to come in to clinic the day she was working.... [Eset Approach] Single embryo transfer is backed up by research
Strength: schedule flexibility, usually short wait, straight to the point Weakness: clinic [Nashville Fertility Center] is too big, too many patients per nurse. Multiple entities. They will charge you to inject you even if the patient brings the medication, syringes and needle.... [nurse] Andy is really the best. Super organized, personalized, compassionate, and just a really good nurse!
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
Like any other doctor, you have to be your best advocate.
Initially like a number, later like a patient. It also depends on which clinic, Nashville is bigger so more like a number than in Murfreesboro
Le trozo le only, le trozo le and Gonal-f, Gonal-f only with a total of 8 iui that resulted in 2 chemical pregnancies. Mini ivf cycle FSH 125, hcg mini dose, resulted 13 eggs, 1 PGS tested and 1 abnormal one.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Andy)
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
Strength: schedule flexibility, usually short wait, straight to the point Weakness: clinic is too big, too many patients per nurse. Multiple entities. They will charge you to inject you even if the patient brings the medication, syringes and needle.
$27000
Single embryo transfer is backed up by research

3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
She [Dr. Christine Whitworth] was very honest yet caring. I had OHSS, and she had no issue coming to the ER, having me admitted and following up every day I was in the hospital.... She was very informative, the info was given straight forward. When we weren’t sure if my pregnancy was ectopic , she didn’t beat around the bush. She told me the facts and what to look for , held my hand and cried with me.
[Nashville Fertility Center-Nashville has] A friendly waiting area, it also seemed very cold to me, same with the waiting areas in the back office ( blood work / ultrasound) waiting areas. I was a huge fan of the classes we had to take, very informative, however maybe smaller class sizes.... My nurses were great, very caring, they seemed to care about me as a person and not just what was happening within the clinic. We laughed and cried together.
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
She won’t sugar coat any of it. Be heady for the facts.
She was very honest yet caring. I had OHSS, and she had no issue coming to the ER, having me admitted and following up every day I was in the hospital.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
I always describe this as buying a very expensive and nice SUV
I was wanting to try to transfer multiple, but I only had 2 at the time. She suggested I transfer 1, in case my body wasn’t ready and we could adjust the treatment if need be for a 2nd try.
+ Read more- Read less

We really only had one visit with her [Dr. Whitworth] and it went fine. She gave us a treatment plan and answered our questions. There was one time time she was supposed to look over my chart to get a plan for the next cycle but didn’t. I’m not sure what happened, if she forgot or the nurse [Nashville Fertility Center] forgot. ... She did send a good amount of time with us for the first visit. After this, it was contacting through her nurse.
I think in general I felt like I was treated pretty well. ... I think my husband was disappointed with the SA set up (just a bathroom) and felt a little weird the first time he went. IUI was very easy. They [Nashville Fertility Center] were pretty punctual with ultrasounds and IUI. I think we did wait a bit for our consult. ... They [nurses] were very good about returning phone calls. ... Appointment about $500, ultrasound $250, iui I think around $800
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
We really only had one visit with her and it went fine. She gave us a treatment plan and answered our questions. There was one time time she was supposed to look over my chart to get a plan for the next cycle but didn’t. I’m not sure what happened, if she forgot or the nurse forgot.
You might to be somewhat assertive to get what you think is best and remind them to review your chart if needed.
I think in general I felt like I was treated pretty well. She did send a good amount of time with us for the first visit. After this, it was contacting through her nurse.
First clomid and TI then I wanted to try IUI but we switched to femara and I ovulated prior to my mid cycle ultrasound. Next we tried a unmedicayed IUI.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center.
They were very good about returning phone calls.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
Clinic was nice. I think my husband was disappointed with the SA set up (just a bathroom) and felt a little weird the first time he went. IUI was very easy. They were pretty punctual with ultrasounds and IUI. I think we did wait a bit for our consult.
Appointment about $500, ultrasound $250, iui I think around $800

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Dr. Whitworth was very warm and easy to talk to during our visits.... My ovarian reserve was low and the doctor suspected less than optimal egg quality. She prescribed clomid with the hope that if I ovulated multiple eggs there would be a better chance of getting a healthy egg. Even though my husband had no sperm issues, we also did IUI to increase the chance of fertilization.... Overall, my visits to Dr. Whitworth at the Nashville Fertility Clinic were very pleasant.
Overall, my visits to Dr. Whitworth at the Nashville Fertility Clinic were very pleasant. The office was very nice, all the nurses and other staff were friendly, and Dr. Whitworth was very knowledgeable and compassionate.... The clinic itself was nice with a large waiting area. The clinic was located conveniently in the downtown area and was easily accessible with ample parking.... After getting pregnant and transferring to my regular OB/GYN,
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
Continue to have hope even after a few negative pregnancy test results. It took us nearly 2 years to get pregnant.
Dr. Whitworth was very warm and easy to talk to during our visits.
They were very friendly.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
Overall the my visits to the clinic were pleasant. The clinic itself was nice with a large waiting area. The clinic was located conveniently in the downtown area and was easily accessible with ample parking.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Nashville Fertility Center.
After getting pregnant and transferring to my regular OB/GYN, it took much longer than expected for Nashville Fertility Clinic to send my information to my regular OB/GYN.
+ Read more- Read less
Dr. Whitworth is very straightforward. Her bedside manner is not touchy-feely, but she does her job well and is honest, and thorough.... I used Clomid for my second IUI, at mid dose, with progesterone after. This was on the advice of her NP, not because I needed it, but because I was issuing expensive donor sperm, and they wanted to increase my chance of pregnancy so I could save on costs (sperm being $900 each try).
I liked the clinic [Nashville Fertility Center]. The front desk staff are friendly and effective. The only complain I had is that their fincancial coordinator was kind of curt. The clinic also looks very new, and definitely has been updated recently.... The nursing staff was great. Friendly and open. A nurse did my IUI’s and did a great job. Always available for phone calls.... I found costs to be mid line.
European, Latino
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
Dr. Whitworth is very straightforward. Her bedside manner is not touchy-feely, but she does her job well and is honest, and thorough. All that said luckily I got pregnant on my second IUI and only used Clomid once. So I don’t have experience with more in-depth IVF protocols with her.
Dr. Whitworth is very straightforward. She has more of a clinical bedside manner rather than touchy/feely but tells you like it is. She’s open and easy to work with.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
I liked the clinic. The front desk staff are friendly and effective. The only complain I had is that their fincancial coordinator was kind of curt. The clinic also looks very new, and definitely has been updated recently.
I don’t remember how much each IUI cost. But I found costs to be mid line.

2012 - 2013
IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Dr. Whitworth was very straightforward. She told me that some treatments would not work for me and seemed genuinely interested in my situation. She is not the warmest doctor and doesn’t sugarcoat information.... Dr. Whitworth took time to research my particular issue. I felt she tailored our treatment to meet our needs.
They [Nashville Fertility Center] treated me as a person. They were compassionate and helpful, and they did everything possible to get things covered by insurance. The mood in the clinic , especially the waiting area, can sometimes be a little awkward and uncomfortable.... I had two transfers. The first time (unsuccessful) she would only transfer one embryo to reduce risk of multiples. The second transfer(succesful) she transferred 3 and I had twins. She chose to transfer more because the embryo quality wasn’t high and she knew it was my last chance.
2012 - 2013
IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
Be prepared with any questions or concerns before your appointment. Dr. Whitworth will take as much time as you need to be sure you understand everything.
Very efficient and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
They treated me as a person. They were compassionate and helpful, and they did everything possible to get things covered by insurance. The mood in the clinic , especially the waiting area, can sometimes be a little awkward and uncomfortable.
Approximately $20,000 over 1.5 years of testing and treatment.
+ Read more- Read less
She [Dr. Whitworth] wanted to go through a series of tests, to assess my current situation. This included various tests for my husband. Discovered issues with fibroids.... Not a lot of interaction Expected more involvement. Talked more to her staff and other doctors whom she referred me to for fibroid removal. A lot of times I felt unsure of the next steps and plan towards conception. Just felt that more communication was needed.
I like the convenience of the 2 locations [Nashville Fertility Center]. Phone staff can be negative at times, but overall pretty decent clinic but I just think that they lack in communication. Also more flexibility in schedule is needec.... [Nursing Staff] Very professional but not as much communication as I expected... Talked more to her staff and other doctors whom she [Dr. Whitworth] referred me to for fibroid removal.
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
Get an established plan of action right from beginning
Not of interaction
She wanted to go through a series of tests, to assess my current situation. This included various tests for my husband. Discovered issues with fibroids.
Very professional but not as much communication as I expected
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
Nothing in particular stands out. I like the convenience of the 2 locations. Phone staff can be negative at times, but overall pretty decent clinic but I just think that they lack in communication. Also more flexibility in schedule is needec.

2012
She [Christine Whitworth] genuinely cared about how we were doing and made sure we were fully informed...During this difficult time she was sensitive to our troubles, but also didn't sugarcoat anything. That was greatly appreciated as false hope has no place in fertility treatments. If we decide to continue treatment in the future we will go to her!
We tried low cost options like clomid and IUI before discovering we were carriers for CF. At that point we discontinued treatment...She [Christine Whitworth] genuinely cared about how we were doing and made sure we were fully informed...I encountered nothing but positive things with this clinic [Nashville Fertility Center]...[The nurses] sometimes seemed a little rushed but otherwise great!...We tried low cost options like clomid and IUI before discovering we were carriers for CF. At that point we discontinued treatment.
2012
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
We found out midway through diagnosis that my husband and I are both carriers for CF. This brought the process to a grinding halt. Dr. Whitworth sent us to a genetic counselor to help us make the most informed decision possible. During this difficult time she was sensitive to our troubles, but also didn't sugarcoat anything. That was greatly appreciated as false hope has no place in fertility treatments. If we decide to continue treatment in the future we will go to her!
She genuinely cared about how we were doing and made sure we were fully informed.
Sometimes seemed a little rushed but otherwise great!
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
I encountered nothing but positive things with this clinic.
Insurance covered nothing, but they work with you to find the cheapest way to do things.
+ Read more- Read less
They got backed up a lot and the wait could be very long [at Nashville Fertility Center].... Had one appointment made on the wrong day.... She [Dr. Christine Whitworth] was fully aware of my endometriosis and took the time to speak to my previous doctors to understand my condition and how fast it progressed. She doesn't make any promises, but you can tell how much she truly cares.... She was fantastic. Very knowledgeable and caring. She is the sole reason I have my beautiful son today.
How was your experience with Christine Whitworth at Nashville Fertility Center?
She was fully aware of my endometriosis and took the time to speak to my previous doctors to understand my condition and how fast it progressed. She doesn't make any promises, but you can tell how much she truly cares.
Have faith in her.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
They got backed up a lot and the wait could be very long.
She knew I couldn't carry twins and told me she wouldn't feel comfortable doing it.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Nashville Fertility Center.
Had one appointment made on the wrong day.
+ Read more- Read less

[Dr. Christine Whitworth was] Impersonal but came w good recommendations. Did not seem to know much about our personal problem resulting in us seeking fertility treatment. Treatment plan seem d cookie cutter. Other partners seemed more engaged.... Impersonal Not much emotion behind encounter.... Good Clinic Professional staff May not get warm and fuzzy feeling
[Nashville Fertility Center was] Clean Organized Timely Kind staff for phlebotomy and most ultrasonography One ultrasound tech was Kurt and rude. I was particularly worried about something and instead of answering me she responded that my IVF nurse would talk to me. I found her off putting and was thrilled I only had to see her once.... Good Clinic Professional staff May not get warm and fuzzy feeling
Good Clinic Professional staff May not get warm and fuzzy feeling
Impersonal Not much emotion behind encounter
Responsive Again, little emotion or compassion behind treatment