Good

U. of British Columbia

Christo Zouves works at

1241 East Hilldale Blvd
Foster City, CA 94404

He [Dr. Christo Zouves] has been always been very kind and patient in answering our numerous questions (in person/mails) and in providing suggestions but never pushing anything which we were not comfortable with...made me feel comfortable and helped me understand each step of the way. He was very clear with facts and explained why each process was required and how it is done... which reassured me in continuing to try for a baby! I think the kind words and empathy along with clear under of the process made me feel like a human than just another number at the fertility clinic.
I would say it [Zouves Fertility Center] is more or less similar to the current cost anywhere...office does offer some discounts if insurance doesn’t cover certain blood work etc...I followed the instructions thoroughly and 26 embryos were retrieved out of which 6 good quality embryos have been frozen. ( this is the first time I have had 6 good quality embryos)...team is amazing, everyone from the front desk staff to the nursing staff. They always have answers and explains why each process is done and how. I have always felt comfortable being at the clinic. No unanswered calls or emails ever! I don’t think I have waited or worried waiting for a answer to my questions The instructions provided were very clear and they have always checked with me if I had followed
How was your experience with Christo Zouves at Zouves Fertility Center?
From my first appointment till date he has always addressed my husband and me by our names, and during our appointments I feel he is always prepared and knows at which phase we are at. Although he is a very busy doctor, he always makes time to say hello and never rushed to start with the consultation, I think that helped me to be more comfortable! I was amazed at how he clearly would identify certain aspects and explain things to us. Even if it was to follow certain diet, he would explain as to why and how it would help me. He has been always been very kind and patient in answering our numerous questions (in person/mails) and in providing suggestions but never pushing anything which we were not comfortable with.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Christo Zouves at Zouves Fertility Center?
I think as a patient one should be prepared to provide medical history, ask questions and have an open mind. (explain all the previous treatment/fertility issues they have faced)
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Christo Zouves at Zouves Fertility Center?
I have been undergoing fertility treatment for the last 6 years or so, it’s just since Oct 2019 that my husband and I have been to Dr. Zouves. I had almost given up my hopes of even trying for a baby, after I had an ectopic pregnancy and my fallopian tube ruptured in feb 2019. I am so glad I gathered my courage and met Dr Zouves and his team. Dr. Zouves made me feel comfortable and helped me understand each step of the way. He was very clear with facts and explained why each process was required and how it is done... which reassured me in continuing to try for a baby! I think the kind words and empathy along with clear under of the process made me feel like a human than just another number at the fertility clinic.
Describe the protocols Christo Zouves used in your cycles at Zouves Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I have so far completed one egg retrieval process at Dr Zouves clinic. There were several blood works and scans done to check my overall health and ovarian reserve. He checked how my ovaries functioned and produced follicles with out medication and then accordingly prescribed medications. I followed a gluten/ dairy free diet and took CoQ10, prenatals and few other supplements, along with the fertility injections. I followed the instructions thoroughly and 26 embryos were retrieved out of which 6 good quality embryos have been frozen. ( this is the first time I have had 6 good quality embryos)
Describe your experience with your nurse at Zouves Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Claudia )
Dr. Zouves’s team is amazing, everyone from the front desk staff to the nursing staff. They always have answers and explains why each process is done and how. I have always felt comfortable being at the clinic. No unanswered calls or emails ever! I don’t think I have waited or worried waiting for a answer to my questions The instructions provided were very clear and they have always checked with me if I had followed through. While at the clinic for the procedure I was at ease as it was explained to me what to expect and I was made very comfortable.
Describe your experience with Zouves Fertility Center.
In my experience the clinic functions as a team, everyone knows what they are doing. They seem to be well organized and systematic. On the days I have had my appointments I haven’t faced a situation where someone was confused with my file or for what appointment/ procedure I was there for. Also the finance and insurance personnel’s have been very helpful and have provided clear instructions each step of the way! Another aspect I liked was the effective communication process followed, for every call or email I have sent I have received a relevant response. Incase of any confusion where many people were involved, it was always resolved without bothering the patient. Since the clinic has the labs, consultation/ procedure rooms in one floor, I thought it was easy to get to and convenient for the patient and the person accompanying them! I am in the middle of the treatment process, and so far I have felt that I have made the right choice of choosing Dr. Zouves and team.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Christo Zouves at Zouves Fertility Center.
I would say it is more or less similar to the current cost anywhere. His office does offer some discounts if insurance doesn’t cover certain blood work etc
Describe Christo Zouves's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Zouves Fertility Center.
Dr usually recommends a single embryo transfer but he would let the parents decide. This recommendation also would depend on the age and ovarian function.

2017 - 2019, Successful
Zouves was really complete in his diagnosis. ... With Dr Zouves it felt like he tested for everything so I felt confident in my treatment. I like that he also recommends acupuncture for clients and for an array of supplements. I felt like he was very responsive as well. I needed to call about my medication after hours and instead of talking to a nurse, I spoke to him directly. ... For a first transfer, we used only 1 normal embryo.
Staff is highly professional. Clinic is warm and inviting. ... Zouves takes full payment for your treatment ahead of time and then your insurance may reimburse you. ... The nurse team primarily communicated via email in the morning and if I didn't respond by the afternoon, they usually gave me a call. They called me immediately after they received any kind of results. ... I had 2 different insurances who provided fertility benefits and Dr. Zouves was considered out of network for both.
How was your experience with Christo Zouves at Zouves Fertility Center?
Zouves was really complete in his diagnosis. When I would read magazines such as Glamor, there would be articles about women who didn't know PGS testing was an option, or didn't know the should be on blood thinners. With Dr Zouves it felt like he tested for everything so I felt confident in my treatment. I like that he also recommends acupuncture for clients and for an array of supplements. I felt like he was very responsive as well. I needed to call about my medication after hours and instead of talking to a nurse, I spoke to him directly.
Make sure you understand your fertility benefits with your employer ahead of time. Zouves takes full payment for your treatment ahead of time and then your insurance may reimburse you.
I don't remember. Sorry.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Zouves Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Anna)
The nurse team primarily communicated via email in the morning and if I didn't respond by the afternoon, they usually gave me a call. They called me immediately after they received any kind of results. They called to remind me of appointments. Everyone was so kind I was happy with the service. For the majority of the follow-up treatment after I was pregnant, I spoke to the nurses and not to Dr. Zouves.
Describe your experience with Zouves Fertility Center.
Staff is highly professional. Clinic is warm and inviting. There is plenty of parking and the location is right off the 92 freeway so it is convenient. The major weakness is that Zouves is out of network - I had 2 different insurances who provided fertility benefits and Dr. Zouves was considered out of network for both.
Expensive
For a first transfer, we used only 1 normal embryo. After the miscarriage we again used only one normal embryo. I had a friend who used Zouves and the first time she used one normal embryo and didn't get pregnant so the second time she used one normal and one mezoic and she become pregnant with the mezoic.
Foster City

Communication has been great and timely. They [Zouves Fertility] will communicate with you both by phone and by email which I appreciate. They are warm, kind, and caring, not to mention accommodating with scheduling. I do not have any weaknesses to report as all the staff and processes we have encountered thus far have been very positive. I told my husband that they have made me feel comfortable, in an otherwise uncomfortable/uncertain situation.
How was your experience with Christo Zouves at Zouves Fertility Center?
Dr. Zouves was very thorough in the information he provided to us, and was helpful in identifying time-frames and next steps. He has never been pushy, just informative and very clear that it is our choice in how and when to proceed. I particularly appreciate when doctors explain what they are doing and what that means, which is what we have experienced with Dr. Zouves thus far. IVF is overwhelming when you look at the big picture, but he has been so kind and patient in answering all of our questions and helping us to understand the process.
Do a consultation as soon as you are interested in pursuing IVF to allow yourself time to think about your timeline and figure out funding. He is very patient, and not once have they been pushy about our timeline.
Dr. Zouves took great interest in getting to know myself and my husband- what we do for work, how old our daughter is, etc. He was very kind, warm, and approachable during our phone and in person consultations. I left feeling heard, hopeful, and confident that we were in the right place.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Zouves Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Desiree)
Desiree was so incredibly kind and patient. She was very easy to speak with, and provided good communication. She had to do a blood draw at my first appointment and she was very thorough about what it was for, and what to expect. She even made sure to give me juice and a granola bar (compliant with my diet!) to make sure I was feeling ok for the draw. Just so kind.
Describe your experience with Zouves Fertility Center.
Communication has been great and timely. They will communicate with you both by phone and by email which I appreciate. They are warm, kind, and caring, not to mention accommodating with scheduling. I do not have any weaknesses to report as all the staff and processes we have encountered thus far have been very positive. I told my husband that they have made me feel comfortable, in an otherwise uncomfortable/uncertain situation. You don't feel alone, or like the odd man out.

2017 - 2018, 19 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Zouves saw me every visit and the last few times had my mom join the ultrasound. I actually live in LA and would travel to the Bay Area- so timing of my visits was crucial. Once I happened to be up there for work and he squeezed me in for a visit- very accommodating.... Day 1-2: Menopur (1 vial) and Gonal F (225) twice a day Day 3-10: Menopur (1vial) and Gonal F (150) twice a day for next 8.5 days Day 7-10: Add 1 Cetrotide in evenings Day 11: Menopur (1vial) and Gonal F (150) AM, HCG trigger in PM
I am such a baby when it comes to needles and drawing blood. They [the nurses] were so nice and comforting- held my hand and gave me juice and snacks. I even brought my shots to my appointments so they could administer for me. I never felt rushed EVER. Never felt like a number in a factory.... Ask the financial coordinator for financial relief!! They were so phenomenal to me and eased some of the financial burden.
How was your experience with Christo Zouves at Zouves Fertility Center?
Love love love Dr. Z and his entire staff. They were responsive, checked in on me, patient, caring and made me feel at ease. The nurses and I were on a first name basis and I am so thankful for my experience with Dr. Z and team.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Zouves Fertility Center.
I am such a baby when it comes to needles and drawing blood. They were so nice and comforting- held my hand and gave me juice and snacks. I even brought my shots to my appointments so they could administer for me. I never felt rushed EVER. Never felt like a number in a factory.
Describe your experience with Zouves Fertility Center.
Nothing I would change about my experience. They were thorough with the information, sensitive to my financial needs, gave me cryobanks and pharmacies that had great prices (I was able to get 50% off certain meds), and I had a successful retrieval. What more could I ask for.
operation (25% off), genetic counseling, FDA, Antagon deposit (25% off). Then 2% off total for paying with check in full= $7550

2015 - 2017, Unknown Success
Dr. Zouves' strengths: - Extremely personable- he was very easy to talk to, which made asking questions and having a dialogue about what problems and what the plan going forward was easier to navigate. Knowledgeable- his knowledge is so vast and his ability to explain it in a way that we can understand it is also a strength... His only weakness may be that he works too hard, I hope he takes some time for himself! (Just not during my cycle ;)
Billing is easy to understand and is straightforward. Injection training was also easy to understand and straightforward. They are very good about not inundating you with information that isn't pertinent at the moment. This place is a well oiled machine...While I wasn't assigned a specific nurse, we dealt with the nurse team as a whole and I've had better care with this team than I have when I've had individual nurses assigned to me at another clinic. They are knowledgeable, caring, kind, compassionate and prompt. They recognize us when they see us and call us by name. I look forward to our visits with them every time.
How was your experience with Christo Zouves at Zouves Fertility Center?
Dr. Zouves' strengths: - Extremely personable- he was very easy to talk to, which made asking questions and having a dialogue about what problems and what the plan going forward was easier to navigate. Knowledgeable- his knowledge is so vast and his ability to explain it in a way that we can understand it is also a strength. Passionate- you can tell he loves what he does, it's hard to explain but you can feel it the moment you meet him. Once we met, you could tell he was an expert in his field. Lastly: Dr. Zouves is hardworking. I've been seeing him for over a year and I never worry about someone else doing a procedure or a monitoring appointment. I actually will miss him and his staff if our current cycle fails with our last embryo as we'll no longer have a reason to visit with Dr. Zouves after this. It feels like a visit (with a really really smart, friend that happens to be a reproductive endocrinologist ) not a "doctor's apppointment" until the stirrups and the wand come out, then it feels pretty clinical. I truly have nothing but praise to sing of this doctor and we haven't had a successful pregnancy yet. His only weakness may be that he works too hard, I hope he takes some time for himself! (Just not during my cycle ;)
As a patient of Dr. Zouves, I would advise you to ask him anything and everything that's on your mind, no question is too small or too off limits or too off base.
Everyone from the front desk associates to Dr. Zouves were sincere and genuine with us. They called us by name, took interest in our lives. Dr. Zouves was always very kind and remembered unique stories from our past visits together. We travelled about 2 hours to get to his center and he always made us feel very welcome and answered all of our questions. I felt like a human here because he listened.
We were diagnosed with Male factor infertility (y chromosome micro deletion) and it was advised to go directly to IVF with ICSI. (Prior to Dr Zouves). Further testing was done with Dr. Zouves it was discovered I have the MTHFR gene and that I tested with a slightly elevated level of natural killer cells. I don't remember the protocol name I was on but for egg retrieval I started with lupron and stimmed with Menopur and Follistim for about 9/10 days and had 22 eggs retrieved. 17 were mature and 11 were fertilized via ICSI. By day 5, 6 had made it to blastocyst and frozen to be CCS tested. (Our first IVF cycle with a different clinic yielded 2 morulas on day 5 and the rest of the embryos arrested, we transferred those 2 and got a negative test). Of the 6 embryos that were CCS tested 5 of them were normal (4 girls 1 boy). We were ecstatic. In January of 2016 we did our first frozen embryo transfer of 1 embryo. We did a natural frozen embryo transfer. My beta was 67 at 11dp5dt. My second beta did not double and we had our first chemical pregnancy. Dr. Zouves did our follow up call and we talked about the factors that played into this cycle and how everything seemed to all line up. "'Normal" embryo, great uterine environment, and he chalked it up to bad luck. Our second frozen embryo transfer took place in august of 2016. Another natural frozen transfer of a normal embryo. Another chemical pregnancy. We did another frozen transfer in December of 2016. This time we changed things up and did a medicated cycle with birth control, patches, PIO shots, baby aspirin and lovenox. Prior to this transfer, we were informed that the original embryo they thawed for this transfer didn't survive so they had to thaw another, leaving 1 embryo left if this did not work. We got pregnant, but it resulted in another chemical pregnancy. So that's 4 normal embryos down (3 transfers) if you're keeping score. We triedo lovenox this last time around even though it's not confirmed I have a clotting issue, just MTHFR. We are left with our last frozen embryo to transfer.
Describe your experience with Zouves Fertility Center.
The clinic itself is welcoming! They have all the bells and whistles to make each visit less stressful. You can tell this staff works as a team and they respect each other as partners all with the same goal. The actual physical location is close to the freeways and hotels and the airport if you're traveling in. There are also several acupuncturists with great ratings within 20 minutes of this clinic that have a relationship with Dr. Zouves and speak highly of him. Billing is easy to understand and is straightforward. Injection training was also easy to understand and straightforward. They are very good about not inundating you with information that isn't pertinent at the moment. This place is a well oiled machine.
I don't remember (or I might have blocked out) but in 2015 when we did our stim cycle plus CCS testing and all of our work ups I think we clocked in at just over $30,000 out the door with all meds monitoring procedures etc.
Dr. Zouves strongly suggested I transfer 1 embryo since they were tested and because of my frame. I was completely on board with his suggestion.
2010 - 2017, Successful
He's the only doctor, so he's familiar with all the details...I was very happy with my treatment by Dr. Zouves. I was able to have productive discussions with him about potential approaches, and he worked with us through a lot of ups and downs. He believes in reproductive immunology, which was a key factor in choosing his clinic initially. He's adjusted his approach over the years we've worked with him - incorporating new science, and responding to patients' feedback (including mind).
Nursing staff [at Zouves Fertility Center] is great, and many have been at the clinic for a long time. Particularly loved Jennifer and the procedure room staff...Dr. Zouves is the only doctor, but he works 365 days a year and doesn't bunch patients into standard cycles. He's been very flexible in working with my calendar over the years and adjusting cycles to be most convenient to me. It was really important to me that he's a believer in reproductive immunology and treats those issues.
How was your experience with Christo Zouves at Zouves Fertility Center?
He'll listen to what you want, and wait until you're ready for a next step if you in fact need a next step.
He's the only doctor, so he's familiar with all the details. I got to really know the nurses well.
2 cycles used Lupron flare agonist protocol, with Humor + Intralipids to treat my immunological issues. (One cycle resulted in a miscarriage due to chromosomal abnormalities, one cycle resulted in no embryos to transfer.) Then two antagonist protocols. One resulted in a miscarriage due to chromosomal abnormalities, one cycle resulted in no pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Zouves Fertility Center.
Nursing staff is great, and many have been at the clinic for a long time. Particularly loved Jennifer and the procedure room staff.
Describe your experience with Zouves Fertility Center.
It's a great clinic. Dr. Zouves is the only doctor, but he works 365 days a year and doesn't bunch patients into standard cycles. He's been very flexible in working with my calendar over the years and adjusting cycles to be most convenient to me. It was really important to me that he's a believer in reproductive immunology and treats those issues.
My insurance had largely run out by the time I saw Dr. Zouves. 50% of our first cycle was covered, but none of the medication cost. We did 4 IVF cycles trying to use my eggs, then 3 donor retrieval cycles, 7 transfers of donor eggs, and then 3 transfers of donor eggs to a gestational surrogate. We've paid over $200k to Dr. Zouves over the years.
He's now a firm believer in eSET as he strongly encourages PGS. (This was not the case when I first started working with him.)
Foster City
I really liked that Dr. Zouves was the only doctor in the practice so he did my consult, ultrasounds, retrieval, and transfer. It was pretty amazing how accessible he is given that he is the only doctor....r. Zouves discovered a large uterine fibroid and really advocated for my HMO (what was not covering the treatments) to remove it. He wrote a letter to them and they quickly agreed to remove it. He had a clear plan for me which involved: an egg retrieval (well monitored due to my pcos) where I would freeze all embryos.
The nurses [at Zouves Fertility Center] were also very accessible and I got one on one demonstrations for taking my meds and to discuss my cycle. That said, I did feel like things were a bit rushed at times...very individualized care, compassionate and knowledgable staff, open to alternative treatments (like acupuncture) and they are open 365 days a year. Negatives: More expensive than some other options in the area. (But I did get a 25% "low-income" discount)
How was your experience with Christo Zouves at Zouves Fertility Center?
He was very ernest, empathetic, and understanding. I'm a single mom by choice and I never felt judged or stigmatized. He has a very calm and reassuring way about him and I always felt like he was listening to me and considering my concerns and questions. He truly seemed to care about my success. It's really obvious that he is passionate about his work.
To listen to all of his advice. I was told to go gluten and dairy free which seemed extreme but I never felt better after adjusting my lifestyle.
I really liked that Dr. Zouves was the only doctor in the practice so he did my consult, ultrasounds, retrieval, and transfer. It was pretty amazing how accessible he is given that he is the only doctor. The nurses were also very accessible and I got one on one demonstrations for taking my meds and to discuss my cycle. That said, I did feel like things were a bit rushed at times
Dr. Zouves discovered a large uterine fibroid and really advocated for my HMO (what was not covering the treatments) to remove it. He wrote a letter to them and they quickly agreed to remove it. He had a clear plan for me which involved: an egg retrieval (well monitored due to my pcos) where I would freeze all embryos. Due to the number of embryos i was likely to get he was pretty insistent I do PGS testing and I'm very glad I did because only 1 of the 8 blastocysts created was viable and I could have gone through numerous transfers with no success. He also recommended ICSI and i decided to do it (although I was using donor sperm) to improve my chances but i'm not sure how necessary it was. After the retrieval, I had my fibroid removed and let my uterus heal based on the surgeon's instructions. We did the transfer 4 months later. I transferred my one "good" embryo and it resulted in a viable pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Zouves Fertility Center.
It was obvious the nurses were super busy and working hard so it felt slightly like a cattle call when I was getting my blood drawn or other treatments. That said, they were super sweet, compassionate and seemed truly happy for me when I got pregnant.
Describe your experience with Zouves Fertility Center.
Positives: very individualized care, compassionate and knowledgable staff, open to alternative treatments (like acupuncture) and they are open 365 days a year. Negatives: More expensive than some other options in the area. (But I did get a 25% "low-income" discount), the nurses seemed very busy and rushed-but i suppose that is to be expected.
In and around $26,000
He was very insistent that single was the way to go unless there was a medical reason to transfer more than one. I was concerned about multiples so even if I had more than one good embryo I would have only transferred one.
Foster City

He [Dr Christo Zouves] was very well informed and readily shared all information relevant to our situation/case. He has a nice sense of humor and good beside manner. Somehow we felt we could trust him from the beginning and that trust was not misplaced at any time....I had relatively aggressive stimulation of my ovaries because of low ovarian reserve, and we got 8 eggs in two retrieval cycles. They all fertilized through ICSI, and only 1 made it to day 5 (and I'm now 24 weeks pregnant with a single baby). He has all his patients go on a gluten and dairy free diet, and while I can't say conclusively that it was the reason for our success, there is no way it will hurt and if nothing else, made me conscious of what I ate, which I needed anyways. I was also taking a bunch of supplements, mostly various antioxidants, to help our chances of success. Honestly, if he recommends something, he will explain it in detail and give you a very good reason why he thinks something is important. But in the end, of course, the decision is up to you.
They [staff at Zouves Fertility Center] always had time to answer my questions, were always friendly, always remembered my name and husband's name, were happy for us when we had success and sympathetic when not. We were more than just a number....It is conveniently located, but even if it's a long ways away for you, worth the trip. The environment is a bit swanky but calming. They don't take insurance but will provide you with a bill to submit to your insurance. They are pretty transparent about the costs in advance and have you meet with a financial coordinator before starting treatment. All in all, a great experience!
How was your experience with Christo Zouves at Zouves Fertility Center?
He was very well informed and readily shared all information relevant to our situation/case. He has a nice sense of humor and good beside manner. Somehow we felt we could trust him from the beginning and that trust was not misplaced at any time.
When he states that IVF and other fertility treatments are like a marathon - he's right. You need to be able to give your body and your heart to the whole process and trust that he is making the right medical decisions. Don't give up!
They always had time to answer my questions, were always friendly, always remembered my name and husband's name, were happy for us when we had success and sympathetic when not. We were more than just a number.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Zouves Fertility Center.
They were all really nice people and great clinicians. I miss them now that I'm no longer under their care.
Describe your experience with Zouves Fertility Center.
I think our 2 cycles of retrieval, various infusions and treatments, lab costs, procedure costs, genetic testing and all were around $50,000

2016, Unknown Success
I saw Dr Zouves during every visit unless it was just for a blood draw. My fist visit with him he gave me an orientation of my uterus and explained things that made me better understand my anatomy and how everything works together. I thought I was intimately familiar with my body before that, but apparently not. No doctor had ever done that for me before. He is compassionate and really got to know my husband and I...
The atmosphere of the [Zouves Fertility Center] clinic and procedure rooms is very calming and welcoming, not sterile feeling. Because everything is co-located (lab, clinic, procedure room, finance) you can do everything in one place which reduces stress and likelihood of complications with embryos and records...Every appointment I had was according to my schedule. No cattle call, no wait. I had multiple weekend appointments so that I didn't need to miss any work...
How was your experience with Christo Zouves at Zouves Fertility Center?
Follow all the guidelines they set. Follow the diet, the stress control advice, etc. Dr Zouves provides lots of material for education and it's important to follow his holistic approach.
Dr Zouves and his staff are focused solely on treating inferility. Because they don't have to share their time with pregnant women, delivering babies and dealing with anything other than infertility, they can be more empathetic to an infertile couple's situation. I saw a doctor previous to Zouves who was an OB-GYN, but specialized in infertility. That doctor actually cancelled one of my in-cycle appointments because he had a baby to deliver. I was devastated at the time when I realized this cancellation meant that I would have to wait yet another month to hit my cycle at the right time before proceeding with IUI or IVF. Dr Zouves has his clinic, front desk, laboratory and procedure rooms all co-located. His hours of operation are very flexible, making it conducive to your schedule rather than a standard business. This made the coordination very simple with regard to my schedule and reduced the stress. I also was not having to run all over the Bay Area, where traffic is miserable, trying to make appointments and risk records not being consolidated between offices. With all of his services in one place, Dr Zpuves and team can be 100% aligned with your case and treatment plan. Results also come in sooner when they have it all in one place. So far we have no explanation for why we haven't had a successful pregnancy. We completed egg retrieval and have done our first embryo transfer. We are now in the 10 day wait period to know results. The nurses who we have been working with the last 5 months all came in to check on me before we went in for our embryo transfer. They hugged, showed excitement and offered warm words for us to be hopeful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Zouves Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer and Anna)
They always called, emailed and followed up immediately if I reached out.
Describe your experience with Zouves Fertility Center.
The atmosphere of the clinic and procedure rooms is very calming and welcoming, not sterile feeling. Because everything is co-located (lab, clinic, procedure room, finance) you can do everything in one place which reduces stress and likelihood of complications with embryos and records.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Zouves Fertility Center.
Hormone medications were around $9000 for one cycle of egg retrieval My company insurance covers 100%
Foster City

He [Dr. Zouves] explained everything so throughly and he only focuses on you when you see him. His nurses keep notes for him in each appointment so he's not the kind of doctor that is typing while meeting with you. His attention is only on you. Overall, we felt so confident under his care. He leaves no stone unturned and tests for anything and everything to make sure you get that wonderful positive pregnancy test. The tests and his orders seem like a lot, but just be a good patient, listen well, follow all his diirections and you will be happy!...
The front desk staff [at Zouves Fertility Center] is so nice, greet you by name, are sweet on the phone. A HUGE strength of ZFC is that they are open 7 days a week, 365. No joke. If your transfer falls on Sunday, it will be on Sunday. If it lands on thanksgiving, then that's the big day! They are open weekends, which is a gift when you work full time...
How was your experience with Christo Zouves at Zouves Fertility Center?
He is an incredibly talented, gifted doctor. He knows his stuff well. Just with the initial phone consultation, he spent close to 45 minutes with us going over our health/infertility history, our failed IUIs at Kaiser, and so much more. He has a very soothing and kind voice. As soon as I heard him on the phone, I got goosebumps and I felt at ease knowing that I had a true, true expert looking at my medical file and that we were getting our best shot cycling with him. After two REs at Kaiser Santa Clara told us that we had unexplained infertility and after 11 failed IUIs, Dr. Zouves identified our problem over the phone in 45 minutes. We finally, finally got an answer. That, in itself, sold us to cycle with him. Once we met him, he was everything we expected. He explained everything so throughly and he only focuses on you when you see him. His nurses keep notes for him in each appointment so he's not the kind of doctor that is typing while meeting with you. His attention is only on you. Overall, we felt so confident under his care. He leaves no stone unturned and tests for anything and everything to make sure you get that wonderful positive pregnancy test. The tests and his orders seem like a lot, but just be a good patient, listen well, follow all his diirections and you will be happy!
Run, don't walk to his clinic. Just get an appointment for a phone consultation with him and see what he says. It's worth it. He's an amazing, one many show! Cycling with hi is a bit more money, but it's so worth it. The care is wonderful and you get results....real results.
Dr. Zouves is a very kind doctor. He always remembers your name, he is friendly, warm and fuzzy, and has a good sense of humor. He has an incredible bedside manner. He reviews your history very varefully and makes a plan just for you and your husband.
I have polycycstic ovaries so I produced 18 eggs at the retrieval. I used Follitism, Gonirelix, and Menopur to stimulate. He said I responded very well to a light stimulation, my plan was not aggressive because I have a high reserve and I was under 40.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Zouves Fertility Center.
Amazing! Never skip a beat! They are sweet, kind, compassionate, super organized. I worked with many of them over the four/five months it took, but my favorite was Angela.
Describe your experience with Zouves Fertility Center.
Nothing was weak, everything was superior. The front desk staff is so nice, greet you by name, are sweet on the phone. A HUGE strength of ZFC is that they are open 7 days a week, 365. No joke. If your transfer falls on Sunday, it will be on Sunday. If it lands on thanksgiving, then that's the big day! They are open weekends, which is a gift when you work full time.
ZFC monitors only during certain parts of the day (I think in the a.m.), but they are open 7 days a week, so that made life easier. I was lucky and many of my monitoring days ended up in Saturdays which was very helpful.
Our cycle was $16,000 without medications. $4,000 for medication/shots. I had to do some immunology treatments due to my lab results and that was a few thousand extra. But you have a 70% chance of a live birth with every normal embryo they identify. That's worth the big bucks!! I also paid for weekly acupuncture, which Dr. Zouves requires you to invest in, to get the body primed and ready.

2014 - 2015, 11 Eggs Frozen
I never [felt] silly or dumb asking any questions and when I had concerns about the treatment or a work conflict, he was always there to help and try to adjust. He is candid in a gentle manner.
How was your experience with Christo Zouves at Zouves Fertility Center?
He is knowledgable, soothing and kind. He is educational and during the check-ups, he shared everything that was happening on the monitor and told me what everything we were looking at meant and what the likely results were going to be. I never silly or dumb asking any questions and when I had concerns about the treatment or a work conflict, he was always there to help and try to adjust. He is candid in a gentle manner.
I investigated treatments at other places and this one felt right because it was always going to be one-on-one and it was. My advice would be go for it, it's not as stressful, scary or time-consuming as you think.
I only met with one doctor and person. Everyone was available when I had a question or concern. I was able to reach anyone anytime I needed. Rather than being in a group, everything was individual, from lessons on how to inject to share the entire process. I could email or call the doctor and he would respond immediately. I felt like they heard me and my concerns and questions. They were gentle and kind.
The first one was micro dose lupron with bravelle and menopur. The second was bravely and menopur with a shot of something else the last three times. I might do one more retrieval and he said we would go with the second protocol. It was shorter and stronger and I got more eggs in the final count as they all matured immediately after the retrieval. The first round I got 7 and 5 matured.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Zouves Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Melinda)
They were always there when I needed them whether it was scheduled or I called with a one-off question. They were clear and kind. They sat with me as long as I needed to teach me about how to inject. Every time I called with a question, they asked the doctor and immediately got back to me.
$9,000 + $4,000-something for medication

2014, Unsuccessful
I was pretty amazed that Dr. Zouves handled all the care pretty much on his own. He had a large and great nursing staff, but every major thing that happened - from ultrasounds to consults to the egg retrieval, he did himself.... When we followed up with him - instead of just selling us to do donor eggs or try again with a different protocol, he was honest. He said that he felt there was an 80+% chance of the same outcome if we did it again with my own eggs, no matter what the protocol.
The only thing I did NOT like about the clinic [Zouves Fertility Center] was the location. It's sort of in the middle of a weird feeling suburban street, off a busy road, and in an office park. It was a sterile feeling location to consider creating your next human. And my husband said that his experience of doing the sperm donation was not great - he was in a sort of sterile room with nothing else around and just sort of expected to get it done... (given the needles and surgery and childbirth part of my job, I didn't feel too sorry for him). Everything else was great. The art was good. The tea in reception was a nice touch.
How was your experience with Christo Zouves at Zouves Fertility Center?
This is a strange review, I'm sure, because we had a horrific failure in our IVF experience. But I would recommend Dr. Zouves any time. I was 41 and had 1 child, but had had 4 miscarriages at that point. I felt that Dr. Z's approach was thorough and kind and expert. We retrieved 26 eggs - 20 were mature. This should have been a home run, just based on the law of averages. Of those, 15 were embryos by Day 3. We elected to do the testing, so waited until Day 5. On Day 5, only 5 embryos were left. We tested them and immediately froze them. (Dr. Z himself updated us on every single step of this.) Unfortunately, when the testing came back, EVERY single embryo was a mess - multiple chromosomal problems. When we followed up with him - instead of just selling us to do donor eggs or try again with a different protocol, he was honest. He said that he felt there was an 80+% chance of the same outcome if we did it again with my own eggs, no matter what the protocol. He ALSO answered my question: "is it possible these eggs were all so bad because they were artificially ripened?" with "Of course - we fully expect that Mother Nature does it better - we just have never been able to test an egg that is 100% managed by Mother Nature." I REALLY trusted his honesty, and we elected not to do another round. (In a happy ending, I got pregnant naturally within 6 months, did NOT have a miscarriage, and we now have the 2nd child we wanted.) So even though I didn't walk away from Zouves with a baby in my arms, I really do feel like he did all the right things by us - including telling us not to continue slamming our heads into the wall.
Get as many of the pre-tests done under your own health insurance, and in advance as you can. There is a several month process just of checking all the boxes they want to have checked before you start the IVF with them. It can be stressful - the many labs, the mammogram, the waiting, the getting the calendar all correct... the more you have done before you even start, the better you will feel.
I was pretty amazed that Dr. Zouves handled all the care pretty much on his own. He had a large and great nursing staff, but every major thing that happened - from ultrasounds to consults to the egg retrieval, he did himself. He was direct and specific, but also warm and caring.
We did an antagonist protocol (I had a lot of follicles). I took birth control pills for a few weeks, and then 4 days later we did an ultrasound and an estradiol check. When that looked good, we started FSH/HMG injections the next day. We used Menopur (75iu) and Follistim (900 iu#3). The Menopur was a vial that we had to fill ourselves. The Follistim was easy - it was a clickable pen. The nurses at Zouves walked us through how to do that very specifically. I had to inject these twice a day for 4 days, then an ultrasound, then 5-6 more days (with some additional ultrasounds in there to see where I was). I used one dose of Ganirelix acetate (250ug) and a Lupron (2mg) trigger that I took the day (or maybe 2 days?) before retrieval. I also had to take doxycycline for a bit in the lead up to retrieval. My husband had to take Cipro for some reason before his sperm donation. 26 eggs retrieved. 20 were mature. 16 turned into embryos. 15 were still embryos on day 3. 5 were embryos on Day 5, and they were tested and frozen. ALL were shown to be very chromosomally abnormal when the test results came back.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Zouves Fertility Center.
Everyone was wonderful. From the beginning to the aftermath (when we had to get a refund of the money we had paid toward implantation), everyone was kind and thorough and expert.
Describe your experience with Zouves Fertility Center.
The only thing I did NOT like about the clinic was the location. It's sort of in the middle of a weird feeling suburban street, off a busy road, and in an office park. It was a sterile feeling location to consider creating your next human. And my husband said that his experience of doing the sperm donation was not great - he was in a sort of sterile room with nothing else around and just sort of expected to get it done... (given the needles and surgery and childbirth part of my job, I didn't feel too sorry for him). Everything else was great. The art was good. The tea in reception was a nice touch.
$23,945 all-in, including implantation, but not including all the testing you should have done beforehand.
I had a problem with recurrent miscarriage and was 41 years old. We assumed I had an egg problem. It made very little sense to me to just toss a bunch of potentially problematic embryos into my uterus and hope for the best (that was pretty much what we'd already been doing naturally - getting pregnant with bad embryos that miscarried). We specifically did the IVF so that we COULD do the testing and put only 1 embryo that was known to be healthy into me.

2006 - 2011, Successful
Dr. Zouves and his staff were warm, friendly and easy to reach with any questions or concerns. Dr. Zouves was super informative and walked us through every step. In the beginning, I was scared about doing the injections and Dr. Zouves told me exactly what I needed to hear to get me through this hurdle.... He has a gentle spirit and can be straight forward that I felt was helpful to ease my concerns. He is so dedicated to his work, he takes virtually no time off. He came highly recommended to my by two individual sources, one my OB and the other an LGBT family that had great success with him after having bad experiences with other clinics and doctors.
The clinic [Zouves Fertility Center] did everything in house so you didn't have to travel to multiple locations to have procedures done.... I did the treatment for "natural killer cells" which was unusually and expensive but felt it was necessary and worked.... Do everything he recommends, even if it seems unusual. Do the acupuncture and herbs, it really improved my results... He offered a plan for two cycles for a reduced cost if you were under 38 or 39, don't remember exactly. It helped cut down our costs significantly as we ended up doing 3 rounds to get our twins.
How was your experience with Christo Zouves at Zouves Fertility Center?
I basically said all what need to be said during the question about being treated like a human. He has a gentle spirit and can be straight forward that I felt was helpful to ease my concerns. He is so dedicated to his work, he takes virtually no time off. He came highly recommended to my by two individual sources, one my OB and the other an LGBT family that had great success with him after having bad experiences with other clinics and doctors.
I did the treatment for "natural killer cells" which was unusually and expensive but felt it was necessary and worked. My treatment was over 10 years ago and I really don't remember anything else about my protocol.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Zouves Fertility Center.
The nurses were always available an easy to reach by phone or email. They were kind and smart, I loved them all!
Describe your experience with Zouves Fertility Center.
The clinic did everything in house so you didn't have to travel to multiple locations to have procedures done.
None...he gives you all the options and it is your choice.
2007 - 2010, Successful
Dr. Zouves is extremely personal in his caregiving. He took the time to listen to our history / story, and developed a thoughtful plan in short order. He was always quick to return emails and calls. He has gone out of his way to help us, even after our twins were born...Dr. Zouves is a genius. He figured out more about us in his initial 45 minute consultation than our previous doctor had in the year she had been treating us. He marries cutting edge technology with Asian influenced, holistic treatments. Our first shot (pun intended!) with him resulted in full term, boy/girl, twins - now seven. We say "thank you Christo Zouves" regularly, when one of our children does or says something clever, funny etc. In short, of all the people we have ever met or known, Dr. Zouves may very well be the person who has had the most positive impact on our family. Without him, our family would not exist....
How was your experience with Christo Zouves at Zouves Fertility Center?
Run, don't walk, toward this doctor and his practice.
We used a slightly more aggressive IVF protocol (as this was not our first cycle or doctor). IGG. ICSI. PGS (which at the time was less comprehensive than it is today).
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Zouves Fertility Center.
Generally, excellent. we did have one incident during which one of his nurses called and gave me my husband's genetic test results, which would have meant I was positive for a deadly Jewish genetic disease (I am not Jewish). I was carrying our twins already, and driving, during our phone call! She seemed totally unphased by the conversation. This was an exception vs. the general care we received from his team, which was awesome.
What specific things went wrong at Zouves Fertility Center?
2003 - 2010, Successful
I can't praise Dr Z enough. He was kind, compassionate, very knowledgeable. He was just as eager to help us have a baby as we were to have one and he knew how to make it happen. He took time with us and never made us feel rushed. He answered all our questions and concerns. I would definitely recommend Dr Zouves!...Him and his staff were very caring. They took time to inform me and educate me each step of the way. Dr Z was candid, but not harsh. He really wanted me to be successful and did not just want my money...
I felt like they [Zouves Fertility Center - Foster City] handled my situation very well. Dr Z did one cycle with my eggs and it was not at all successful. Based on that and my medical history, he was straightforward with me and recommended we go to donor eggs. He was willing to do more cycles with my eggs and gave me that option, but knowing how expensive this process is, he didn't want to set me up for failure again. I really appreciated his honesty. The office handled the coordination with my egg donor and me flawlessly and I took comfort knowing we were in very good hands. I feel like mine is a success story and I am one of the lucky ones. I credit Dr Z and his staff for that...
How was your experience with Christo Zouves at Zouves Fertility Center?
Be prepared for straight talk (he doesn't sugarcoat it) but he is kind in his delivery.
It's been a little too long. I don't remember and I imagine it's changed quite a bit since that time anyway.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Zouves Fertility Center.
The nursing staff was great! They were very kind and not judgmental. They kept me informed each step of the way and were great at explaining things like how to give myself injections. When I was awaiting beta results, they called me in a timely manner knowing that I was anxious to get the results. Likewise if I had questions I could call and they would get back to me quickly. They treated me like they would want to be treated if they were going through the same process.
Describe your experience with Zouves Fertility Center.
I felt like they handled my situation very well. Dr Z did one cycle with my eggs and it was not at all successful. Based on that and my medical history, he was straightforward with me and recommended we go to donor eggs. He was willing to do more cycles with my eggs and gave me that option, but knowing how expensive this process is, he didn't want to set me up for failure again. I really appreciated his honesty. The office handled the coordination with my egg donor and me flawlessly and I took comfort knowing we were in very good hands. I feel like mine is a success story and I am one of the lucky ones. I credit Dr Z and his staff for that.
I don't recall specifically, but I think my own egg cycle was $10000 and my donor cycle was $20000 (not including the cost of the egg donor.)

2015, Successful
Investor
He [Dr Christo Zouves] is obsessed with his patients. He emails back quickly, does every ultrasound, and is incredibly generous with his time and thoughts...He was the best doctor that I saw as he cared about overall health, was very scientific and balanced eastern ideas too. I didn't get any chromosomally normal embryos with him, but I'd still suggest him to anyone.
How was your experience with Christo Zouves at Zouves Fertility Center?
He will comment on what you're eating and overall health, so think about that too. And, he has a particular perspective on immunology, which didn't end up being true for me (I am now pregnant and didn't do immuno-treatment, even though he would have had me do it).
He is obsessed with his patients. He emails back quickly, does every ultrasound, and is incredibly generous with his time and thoughts.
I did 3 egg retrievals and receive 3-5 eggs each time. I was on 420/day of FSH (high dose) and menopur. At the end, I used gonarelix. I think it's called antagonist. In between the 1st and 2nd between the 2nd and 3rd retrieval, I went on the pill and estrace. That was a bit risky b/c I have a blood-clotting genetic marker, and I didn't get more eggs, but the eggs grew a little more together, so he preferred it. I received 9 mature eggs, 8 fertilized via ICSI, 8 blasts grew out to day 3, but only 1 grew to day 5 and that 1 was not chromosomally normal
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Zouves Fertility Center.
They were well-coordinated and responded to email quickly. And, many had been there a long-time, which I saw as a good sign too.
I think it was about $40k, not including medications
2012 - 2015, Successful
Dr. Zouves was the only doctor I always saw at the clinic [Zouves Fertility Center] and he always knew me and my husband personally....Dr. Zouves was the best RE I worked with because of his care, compassion, and individual attention. Going through the donor egg process, I needed the extra level of hand holding and he provided that and more. Be aware of his philosophy of the gluten-free, dairy-free diet and the intralipid infusions. It is not mandatory to do treatment there but strongly recommended.
he personal attention you feel from Dr. Zouves along with his staff [at Zouves Fertility Center] is the added touch along with the top notch expertise you need through the emotional roller coaster of IVF...The nurses and staff were the same and you felt individual care and concern in every aspect of treatment and contact you had with them...The entire staff was welcoming, caring and full of compassion, not only when we received a positive result, but also during the negative results.
How was your experience with Christo Zouves at Zouves Fertility Center?
Dr. Zouves was the best RE I worked with because of his care, compassion, and individual attention. Going through the donor egg process, I needed the extra level of hand holding and he provided that and more. The one area that I am not 100% sure of is his approach to a gluten-free/dairy-free diet which not all doctors agree with. But I was willing to do anything recommended if it gave me positive results. It did work on 1 out of the 3 cycles I did through his clinic so not sure how much that is tied to the diet vs. statistics.
Dr. Zouves was the only doctor I always saw at the clinic and he always knew me and my husband personally. The nurses and staff were the same and you felt individual care and concern in every aspect of treatment and contact you had with them.
I can't remember.
Describe your experience with Zouves Fertility Center.
The personal attention you feel from Dr. Zouves along with his staff is the added touch along with the top notch expertise you need through the emotional roller coaster of IVF.

2011 - 2012, Successful
The one "thing" about him [Dr. Zouves] is that it's kind of his way or the highway. There are some things he'll let you have input on, but if he doesn't think you should do something you are free to go elsewhere to get it done.
I'm not 100% sure I buy the whole immunological infertility thing, but that's what you get there [at Zouves Fertility Center], so read up about it and see if you're OK with it. It adds a fair amount of cost...
How was your experience with Christo Zouves at Zouves Fertility Center?
I thought he was great. He kept going with us even through lots of failures, and he was very supportive through our hiring a gestational carrier, helping with many of the functions an agency might otherwise have done.
I'm not 100% sure I buy the whole immunological infertility thing, but that's what you get there, so read up about it and see if you're OK with it. It adds a fair amount of cost since he'll have you taking infusions of intralipid and a variety of other treatments that have some basis in science but are not really a full consensus.
He had a nice manner - a very clear way of speaking, never seemed rushed, had clear talking points he wanted to make and always made them (after 10 cycles I could parrot along with him). The one "thing" about him is that it's kind of his way or the highway. There are some things he'll let you have input on, but if he doesn't think you should do something you are free to go elsewhere to get it done. I respected that because he gets great results & also his results are a big part of his selling point, so if he thinks a decision is going to lower your chance of conceiving it's his right to not go there... but there were a few occasions where I thought he could have been a bit more flexible.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Zouves Fertility Center.
I unfortunately don't remember their names, but the vast majority were lovely.

2003 - 2010, Successful
We had the utmost respect and confidence for and with Dr. Zouves. He is intelligent, progressive and compassionate. We travelled all the way across the country to be treated by him and his staff four times. We have two children and each child took two tries... I had immunological issues, specifically, elevated Natural Killer Cells and Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. Along with the typical protocols and usual stimulant drugs, I was treated with Enbrel injections, LIT (Lymphocyte Immune Therapy with my husband as donor) and IVIG (Intravenous Immunoglobulin) and Heparin/ASA - (for initial part of first pregnancy.)
I have not been to his new clinic, but I am sure it is even better than the first. The first clinic was well organized and run. The entire team was professional and caring. The surgical center was in the same building, and the Anesthesiologists (Dr. Zouves' own employees separate from the surgical center) were great! The embriologists were top notch!
How was your experience with Christo Zouves at Zouves Fertility Center?
Listen to his advice and treatment plan. As far as we are concerned, he is the best in his field! Put your trust in him.
Dr. Zouves is a compassionate, thorough physician with whom we put all our trust. He was open, honest and caring.
As my children are 12 and 15 now, I honestly do not remember the exact protocols. I had immunological issues, specifically, elevated Natural Killer Cells and Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. Along with the typical protocols and usual stimulant drugs, I was treated with Enbrel injections, LIT (Lymphocyte Immune Therapy with my husband as donor) and IVIG (Intravenous Immunoglobulin) and Heparin/ASA - (for initial part of first pregnancy.)
Describe your experience with your nurse at Zouves Fertility Center.
The nursing staff was excellent, well qualified and trained as well as kind and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Zouves Fertility Center.
They offered several plan options with varying costs. Do not remember specifics.

2010 - 2015, Successful
How was your experience with Christo Zouves at Zouves Fertility Center?
I had a phenomenal experience with Dr. Zouves. His bedside manner is very calming, and even though we are a difficult patient population, he never seems to get irritated or hurried. Everything is very well explained. The nurses are excellent and it's amazing how "on top" of things they are.. They call when they're supposed to call, the calendars are correct, all the paperwork is clear, and you can get a hold of someone pretty quickly. His results are excellent.. I have a few friends who failed at other clinics before deciding to get treatment with him, and they were successful with Dr. Zouves. I went to him for both children and I'm very satisfied.
Trust the process. Nobody can guarantee that you will have a biological child, but you're giving yourself a great shot by putting your care in his hands.
I definitely felt he knew me as an individual, even though he cares for so many patients! When going back for my second child, he made reference to my first by name.. I sent birth announcements to his clinic for both.. I felt like they knew me well.
Availability, clarity.
2015, Successful
He [Dr. Zouves] must work 24/7. He truly wants the best outcome for you. That being said, he has been doing this a long time, and you definitely have to surrender to the idea that he knows best. There wasn't much of a chance as a patient to change his proscribed plan.
The nursing staff [at Zouves Fertility Center] was always extremely friendly and professional. They all seemed genuinely happy for my positive pregnancy result. They were very personable and easy to get a hold of. They made me feel comfortable at each visit.
How was your experience with Christo Zouves at Zouves Fertility Center?
Zouves is extremely trustworthy, professional and available to answer any questions. He must work 24/7. He truly wants the best outcome for you. That being said, he has been doing this a long time, and you definitely have to surrender to the idea that he knows best. There wasn't much of a chance as a patient to change his proscribed plan. He goes beyond the typical fertility doctors in terms of prescribing gluten and dairy free diet restrictions and immunological treatments in addition to the regular injections, etc. This added to the overall timeline, and felt like overkill, at times, but in the end with a positive result it's hard to complain.
Prepare to relinquish some control over your fertility treatment. If you know this ahead of time, it can be somewhat of a relief to let Zouves and his staff take over the process.
I was always greeted by name. The nursing staff was always extremely friendly and professional. They all seemed genuinely happy for my positive pregnancy result.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Zouves Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Multiple nurses at different stages)
Foster City

He's a one man show, and you always get the feeling that he cares about you. You don't get a revolving door of Drs... Next steps were always made very clear. They [the nurses] always called in a timely fashion to give me test results, etc. Very organized. Always responded to emails as well.
How was your experience with Christo Zouves at Zouves Fertility Center?
Dr. Zouves was caring and kind and showed lots of empathy always. He didn't candy coat our situation, or give us false hopes. He told us what we needed to hear at the time in order to achieve success, which was using an egg donor. He tested me far more thoroughly than any other previous doctor, and had me on a protocol for a genetic mutation (MTHFR) which other doctors don't even test for. He did all my procedures, and was there always, unlike previous doctors at other clinics.
Dr. Zouves may not necessarily have the stats of some of the larger clinics, as he takes on more challenging cases. What you are getting at ZFC is a personal touch from a very seasoned doctor with a fantastic staff, support, and a state of the art facility.
Dr. Zouves sees all his patients himself. He's a one man show, and you always get the feeling that he cares about you. You don't get a revolving door of Drs, whoever is there when you have your appointment like at other larger clinics.
We used an egg donor, so I wasn't stimulated, but was on lovenox and heparin due to MTHFR genetic mutation. Whatever he did worked. I have two eight year old twins to show for it.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Zouves Fertility Center.
Next steps were always made very clear. They always called in a timely fashion to give me test results, etc. Very organized. Always responded to emails as well.
2003 - 2010, Successful
Dr. Zouves biggest asset is his kindness. He always seemed to be genuinely happy to see us and he was sad at our failed attempts and happy with our successes. He was very honest when he thought it was time to try donor eggs...Dr Zouves took the time to get to know us. He cheered us on during our adoption process (In between IVFs 2 and 3). He was very honest with us regarding our chances and made the right recommendations.
The staff was excellent. They were always ready for you on time. Answered all questions and were committed to keeping your spirits up...there was a discount plan that covered 3 attempts, everything except the meds. Meds could be purchased through the clinic, at a pharmacy or out of the country...the clinic was very convenient. modern. had separate areas for patients and donors. clean and very cheerful.
How was your experience with Christo Zouves at Pacific Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Christo Zouves at Pacific Fertility Center?
Trust him. He wants you to succeed and take home a baby.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Christo Zouves at Pacific Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols Christo Zouves used in your cycles at Pacific Fertility Center and their degree of success.
cannot remember the protocols but after 2 failures we back off on the drugs to try and get a better quality egg/embryo and even though there were fewer eggs, one of them took :)
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: don't remember her name)
the staff was excellent. They were always ready for you on time. Answered all questions and were committed to keeping your spirits up.
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Christo Zouves at Pacific Fertility Center.
Pacific Fertility Center
San Francisco

Dr. Zouves is a perfectionist. Even though I did not get pregnant I can confidently say that he did everything that he could and I couldn’t have found a better doctor than him to go through the procedure with. ... Trust him coz he knows what he is doing. ... Dr.Zouves was very responsive to all our queries and concerns throughout the process. ... I understand it is a game of probability but I felt that he did everything that he possibly could to make this a positive experience for me.
I would definitely recommend Dr.Zouves and the clinic [Zouves Fertility Center] for anyone going through the IVF procedure. I met a couple of other doctors before I decided on Dr.Zouves. Despite being more expensive than the rest, I totally loved that he truly customized the protocol for me and he inspired hope and trust throughout the process. ... [Nursing Staff] Pleasant to interact with
How was your experience with Christo Zouves at Zouves Fertility Center?
Trust him coz he knows what he is doing.
Pleasant to interact with
Describe your experience with Zouves Fertility Center.
I would definitely recommend Dr.Zouves and the clinic for anyone going through the IVF procedure. I met a couple of other doctors before I decided on Dr.Zouves. Despite being more expensive than the rest, I totally loved that he truly customized the protocol for me and he inspired hope and trust throughout the process. I understand it is a game of probability but I felt that he did everything that he possibly could to make this a positive experience for me.
Foster City

Dr. Zouves is an incredible man and doctor. So dedicated to his patients, and made me and my husband feel incredibly supported during an extremely difficult time. I would without hesitation recommend him and his clinic to my family and friends.... Dr. Zouves is a step ahead of all other drs.... We love the staff especially the nurses. Everyone was so warm and professional.... They are wonderful. The only downfall is the expense, but to us, a baby was priceless.
Dr. Zouves [at Zouves Fertility Center] is an incredible man and doctor. So dedicated to his patients, and made me and my husband feel incredibly supported during an extremely difficult time. I would without hesitation recommend him and his clinic to my family and friends.... Dr. Zouves is a step ahead of all other drs.... We love the staff especially the nurses. Everyone was so warm and professional.... They are wonderful. The only downfall is the expense, but to us, a baby was priceless.
How was your experience with Christo Zouves at Zouves Fertility Center?
As mentioned before, Dr. Zouves is warm, knowledgeable and thorough. After starting at a different clinic, and talking to multiple doctors at multiple clinics, it was clear that Dr. Zouves is a step ahead of all other drs.
He's expensive, but worth it.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Zouves Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Lauren)
We love the staff especially the nurses. Everyone was so warm and professional.
high - all in we ended up spending ~35k
I am only 30 and dealing with PGD and MFI, so eSET was appropriate.