ART Fertility Program of Alabama

Nurse available by direct lineNot available by cell phone
Medical SchoolTexas A&M
ResidencyScott & White Mem Hosp
FellowshipSt. Mary's
Birmingham
2006 Brookwood Med. Ctr. Dr.
Birmingham, AL 35209
Northport
650 Energy Ctr Blvd
Northport, AL 35473
800-476-9790
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Christopher Allemand to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend ART Fertility Program of Alabama to a friend?
2 IUI, IVF
Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Dr.Allemand is easy to talk too and never rushes you through your appointment or questions.... When I first started seeing him it was after I had a miscarriage at 12 weeks. So, after speaking to him we took a slow approach as my husband and myself were hoping to avoid the “big stuff”. He put me on a sister drug of clomid and we tried a natural cycle for the first two times, it all kind of runs together.
2 IUI, IVF
Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with Christopher Allemand at ART Fertility Program of Alabama?
He’s been great and it’s been a relief to me. I was nervous about having a male doctor as all of my other doctors are female. But, he’s been very nice and easy to talk to and takes his time with us which we appreciate.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Christopher Allemand at ART Fertility Program of Alabama?
He’s does run a little behind but just be patient because he will give you the same care and opportunity as he’s given the other patients seeing him. We have Beverly felt rushed when speaking with him.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Christopher Allemand at ART Fertility Program of Alabama?
Dr.Allemand is easy to talk too and never rushes you through your appointment or questions. I was hesitant to have a male fertility doctor as all of my other doctors are female, but he’s very nice and my husband and I both really like him.
Describe the protocols Christopher Allemand used in your cycles at ART Fertility Program of Alabama and their degree of success.
When I first started seeing him it was after I had a miscarriage at 12 weeks. So, after speaking to him we took a slow approach as my husband and myself were hoping to avoid the “big stuff”. He put me on a sister drug of clomid and we tried a natural cycle for the first two times, it all kind of runs together. I’m pretty sure we did this twice. Then when it didn’t work we started with Follistem and still nothing. So, that brought us to IUI. I was on follistem and a clomid type drug with zero results. My husband and I took a much needed break and we picked up again. We did IUI for the second time with only follistem and it did not work. We tried for our third IUI with a higher dose of Follistem but my body reacted too well to the drugs that cycle so he had to cancel it. Now, after taking a break we are back and proceeding with IVF.
They are kind and put up with me asking a ton of questions. When I was in the office today one knew I was there and she came and knocked on the door and gave me a hug because she hadn’t seen me in a while. I thought that was so sweet! They are all very nice and thorough.
Describe your experience with ART Fertility Program of Alabama.
Strength - they always return your call. Always nice and pleasant. Weaknesses - the office is very outdated and the girls in the lab aren’t the best I’ve had. They are super nice but when they draw blood it hurts more often than not.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Christopher Allemand at ART Fertility Program of Alabama.
It’s a fertility clinic so it’s going to cost money and more than likely be expensive. Our insurance covers some stuff so our out of pocket isn’t high. But, with IVF it will be much higher.
Birmingham
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Both of us have infertility issues. Dr. Allemand wanted to start with me first since I was not ovulating. After we removed fibroid rumors found during HSG and stimulating me with a moderate dose of Clomid, he was able to make me ovulate 2 to 3 mature eggs each cycle. He recommended IUI due to male factor infertility to increase our possibility of pregnancy. He also did multiple things to increase my husbands sperm count.
Very thorough in descriptions of treatments and diagnostics. Always willing to readjust plan based on diagnostics. Completely honest with us even when we may not have liked the answer. Willing to think outside the box when presented with many what if situations.
Be prepared to be blown away by his level of professionalism and knowledge base.
As a fellow doctor, he was able to answer all questions that’s i had which have been more in depth than others would consider. He never minded when I asked to explain why.
Well educated. Thorough. Kind and compassionate.
Describe your experience with ART Fertility Program of Alabama.
Friendly and Knowledgeable staff. very Thorough. Easy to work with during scheduling conflicts. Helped to continue billin insurance when claims were not paid appropriately, rather than make it the patients problem. Extremely busy, be prepared to wait.
Office visits were covered under our insurance except for co-pay. hSG and SIS were billed as outpatient services. Significant deductible were owed to the hospital for surgery. IUiS were very affordable compared to previous fertility specialists.
Male Factor, Other
Dr. Allemond took a lot of time with my husband and I....He reviewed our records, discussed his opinions, and we all made a plan together. He understood our concerns for not wanting to move forward so abruptly with ivf. We will soon be working on our third IUI with Dr. Allemond but he has changed our meds each cycle to help assure he is doing all he can before fully discussing the possibility of ivf...Dr. Allemand is a great listener and answers all your questions.
Male Factor, Other
Dr. Allemand was second opinion for my husband and I. My husband is two years status post a vas reversal. We had another doctor before who never changed our meds or our plan. My husband and I became pregnant with our first doctor and IUI. However we miscarried at eight weeks. We went through two additional IUIs and the doctor stated we needed to move to ivf. We felt pressured and did not have a clear understanding as to why that should be our path if an IUI was successful once already. We then saw Dr. Allemand. He reviewed our records, discussed his opinions, and we all made a plan together. He understood our concerns for not wanting to move forward so abruptly with ivf. We will soon be working on our third IUI with Dr. Allemond but he has changed our meds each cycle to help assure he is doing all he can before fully discussing the possibility of ivf.
Go into your consult appointment with an open mind. Do some research and have your list of questions. Dr. Allemand is a great listener and answers all your questions.
Dr. Allemond took a lot of time with my husband and I. He was our second opinion doctor and we fell in love with him. He took time to review our past records and discuss his thoughts about the future plans. He went over in detail what to expect and percentages.
Month number one: letrozole 2.5 my for five days, trigger injection, IUI. Month two: 5mg leteozole for five days, trigger, IUI. Month three (current cycle): 5 mg letrozole for five days, gonal f 75 iu for three days, trigger injection, and IUI.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ART Fertility Program of Alabama.
The nurse practitioner is great. She is always so positive. She not only remembers your name but also your family information and most all quirky details you may have shared with her. (Huntsville location)
Describe your experience with ART Fertility Program of Alabama.
Strengths: quick and efficient appointments, always on time, on site labs, clean, friendly and caring staff (ALL three of them). Weaknesses: Huntsville office is a bit small and has a little dated decore
Regular specialist co-pays anytime I see the MD or nurse practitioner, co-pays for injectables through prime therapeutics, and about $350 for each IUI
Describe Christopher Allemand's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at ART Fertility Program of Alabama.
Not applicable to me at this time
Huntsville
I've enjoyed working with Dr. Allemand thus far. He is a good communicator and thoroughly addresses my concerns and answers my questions. He is obviously very knowledgeable and passionate about his patients. I have not identified any concerns about his care.... He is logical and works in a stepwise fashion, wanting to avoid any unnecessary treatment. This philosophy aligns with my goals, but may not align with every patient's goals.
Dr. Allemand had reviewed my information prior to my visit, was very responsive to my questions, and comes up with a personalized plan. He may not be as warm/outgoing as some other doctors, he was personable and related to me well.
letrozole only letrozole + Follistim combo cycle for more flexibility with dosing and to assist with thickening of my endometrium Follistim only due to timing and to facilitate thickening of endometrium
Describe your experience with your nurse at ART Fertility Program of Alabama. (Assigned nurse: Tracey Mendelsohn)
I have generally enjoyed working with Tracey and the ART team in Montgomery. They are caring and compassionate and provide patient-centered care. My only critique about Tracey is that sometimes there ends up being small detail-related issues about scheduling or follow-up.
Describe your experience with ART Fertility Program of Alabama.
Strengths: small and reasonably efficient; you're usually able to get in and out efficiently for normal monitoring appointments, staff is generally nice and personable Weaknesses: none that come to mind
My copays for general visits are ~$60 for the clinic, which includes ultrasound and labs.
What specific things went wrong at ART Fertility Program of Alabama?
Montgomery
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Plan to be an active part of your fertility journey [with Dr. Christopher Allemand]...he started on letrozole to try to get me to ovulate. We had to increase the dose twice to get my body to ovulate. Once we got that problem solved and didn't get pregnant he decided to do a seen analysis on my husband. So that he covered all bases. Then we found out his sperm count was low, so we decided to do IUI woth donor sperm samples. We did that 2x with no explanation as to why it didn't work. According to my lab values and ultrasounds, it should have worked. So at this point my husband and i decided to take a break. When we start back we will do an IUI with donor sperm adding hormone shots to the routine.
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Dr. Allemand had a great bedside manner. Talking to him was very easy. He individualized our plan according to our results. He also let us choose the path we wanted to take and did not pressure us to jump to IVF.
Plan to be an active part of your fertility journey
I felt like he individualized our plan of action and didn't just try the same plan on each person
I had already tried Clomid with my primary OB/GYN. So he started on letrozole to try to get me to ovulate. We had to increase the dose twice to get my body to ovulate. Once we got that problem solved and didn't get pregnant he decided to do a seen analysis on my husband. So that he covered all bases. Then we found out his sperm count was low, so we decided to do IUI woth donor sperm samples. We did that 2x with no explanation as to why it didn't work. According to my lab values and ultrasounds, it should have worked. So at this point my husband and i decided to take a break. When we start back we will do an IUI with donor sperm adding hormone shots to the routine.
Very friendly, answered all questions, made sure they didn't expect me to not have questions even though I am a nurse myself
Describe your experience with ART Fertility Program of Alabama.
Strengths: Usually got called back within a reasonable amount of time, very friendly staff, answered all questions, worked appointments into my schedule the best they could. Nurses knowledgeable. No weaknesses
Donor Semen sample $1000 IUI $350 Appts $35 Lab/us $80+
We did not do this
What specific things went wrong at ART Fertility Program of Alabama?
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor
He [Dr. Allemand] was very caring and willing to spend time with me and my husband. He makes us feel as though we have options.... He is willing to answer any questions we might have. I love that he gives us more than one option. He always lets us know what to expect next. He only wanted us to try IUI twice before reevaluating and deciding on our next steps. He gave us the option on whether or not to move on to injectables. He sees us himself at least every other month.
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor
Don’t be afraid to ask questions!
He was very caring and willing to spend time with me and my husband. He makes us feel as though we have options.
The nursing staff is very accommodating. If you want info- you have to ask! I think sometimes they assume if we’re there we know what to expect. That isn’t always the case. Overall, they’re great.
Describe your experience with ART Fertility Program of Alabama.
They are always helpful getting you in on the day you need to come. They understand if you don’t need to take off work, etc. Sometimes you have to wait a while- especially on an IUI day. If I ever wait over 30-40 minutes, I usually go up to the counter and ask how much longer and they take me back within minutes. Try to go as early in the day as you can!
Birmingham
He [Dr. Christopher Allemand] was very compassionate and always responded to our questions/needs in a timely manner. Sometimes we felt that we did not fully understand what was expected of us or what we could be doing to improve our success. I also found out that my Vitamin D was very low during that time and maybe should not have continued with the cycle.... I took birth control for a month then was on stimulation medications (gonal-f and menopur) for about 2 weeks. We triggered with HCG. Following transfer I was put on crinone.
He was very compassionate and always responded to our questions/needs in a timely manner. Sometimes we felt that we did not fully understand what was expected of us or what we could be doing to improve our success. I also found out that my Vitamin D was very low during that time and maybe should not have continued with the cycle.
Ask questions and be your own advocate.
It was a very large clinic and we often were seen by multiple nurses and at their satellite clinic as well. I felt like it was a well oil machine, and we were not any different than their other patients.
The nursing staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. However, we were seen at the main office and satellite office, so we saw various nurses.
Describe your experience with ART Fertility Program of Alabama.
The clinic was very organized and operations seemed very smooth. However, this made me feel like another number and not like a unique patient with unique needs. This was our first cycle and it seemed we should have known more.
The procedure itself cost around $12,000- medications and monitoring appointments not included.
We were able to decide between 1 or 2. However, we only had 1 poor quality embryo to transfer.
2012 - 2016
Endometriosis, PCOS, Unexplained
He [Dr. Christopher Allemand] is very detailed in his speaking. Takes time to answer questions. He was open to listening about what we thought we wanted. He took our concerns seriously. During surgery to remove endo there was a complication (scraped ovary). He said it wasn’t a big deal and moved on but I wish more details would have been given.... Iui- a cycle of clomid, global f, leterozole, progesterone, trigger shot. No resulted pregnancies
2012 - 2016
Endometriosis, PCOS, Unexplained
He is very detailed in his speaking. Takes time to answer questions. He was open to listening about what we thought we wanted. He took our concerns seriously. During surgery to remove endo there was a complication (scraped ovary). He said it wasn’t a big deal and moved on but I wish more details would have been given.
Don’t be hesitant to ask questions
He took time to get to know our history and spoke to us by name each visit
Very well mannered, patient, genuinely cared
Describe your experience with ART Fertility Program of Alabama.
Scheduled appointments are sometimes late but it’s just due to the nature of the office. Both offices we went to, Birmingham and Montgomery are very clean and well maintained. My husband said the male collectionrooms were always clean and well stocked
All infertility is expensive. I would say they are right on board with all other clinics