5.4

Birmingham
2700 Highway 280
Birmingham, AL 35223
205-874-0000

Dr. Allemand is very kind and listens to your concerns. While he is patient and seems like he cares, he doesn't tailor your care to your specific needs. He wanted me to pursue IVF after 2 IUI cycles (only on follistim and HCG) and one bad semen analysis after all the other SA's have been within normal limits. It concerned me that he was pushing IVF without doing ANY baseline bloodwork on my husband.
Very busy clinic [ART Fertility of Birmingham], but efficient. The longest I ever have waited was about 30 minutes. The front desk is amazing and very welcoming. The lab staff are top notch, they never miss a stick and they get it over with quickly:) It takes ALOT to get a nurse on the phone and normally takes a while for them to return your calls, but they answer all my questions when I do speak with them. Ultrasound techs and NPs perform ultrasounds and are very considerate and are sure to tell you exactly what they see. Communication is poor between the patient, NPs and my MD.
How was your experience with Christopher Allemand at Alabama Fertility Specialists (formerly ART Fertility Program of Alabama)?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Christopher Allemand at Alabama Fertility Specialists (formerly ART Fertility Program of Alabama)?
Be an advocate for yourself! Do your research and prepare questions prior to your visit, and write them down as soon as you get your answers, that way you don't forget:)
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Christopher Allemand at Alabama Fertility Specialists (formerly ART Fertility Program of Alabama)?
During visits (baselines, follicle ultrasounds) you do not see your MD and see a NP, which is ok, but you do not see the same NP each time. I felt like my treatment plan was not personalized for my specific needs.
Describe the protocols Christopher Allemand used in your cycles at Alabama Fertility Specialists (formerly ART Fertility Program of Alabama) and their degree of success.
Letrozole and HCG cycles (3x, 1 IUI all with negative beta HCG) Letrozole, Follistim 75u (Resulted in me ovulating early) (x1) Follistim 150u, HCG and IUI (x1 negative beta HCG) Follistim 150u, HCG, IUI canceled due to low sperm count
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Alabama Fertility Specialists (formerly ART Fertility Program of Alabama).
I have never seen the seem nurse more than twice. Most of the nurses I encounter are nice and friendly, others seem to be "over it".
Describe your experience with Alabama Fertility Specialists (formerly ART Fertility Program of Alabama).
Very busy clinic, but efficient. The longest I ever have waited was about 30 minutes. The front desk is amazing and very welcoming. The lab staff are top notch, they never miss a stick and they get it over with quickly:) It takes ALOT to get a nurse on the phone and normally takes a while for them to return your calls, but they answer all my questions when I do speak with them. Ultrasound techs and NPs perform ultrasounds and are very considerate and are sure to tell you exactly what they see. Communication is poor between the patient, NPs and my MD.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Christopher Allemand at Alabama Fertility Specialists (formerly ART Fertility Program of Alabama).
IUI with semen prep $395 NP visit $45 MD visit $25 Letrozole $20 Follistim $200 HCG $130
Describe Christopher Allemand's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Alabama Fertility Specialists (formerly ART Fertility Program of Alabama).
What specific things went wrong at Alabama Fertility Specialists (formerly ART Fertility Program of Alabama)?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Alabama Fertility Specialists (formerly ART Fertility Program of Alabama).
I was told by a RN to not start progesterone after my last trigger shot and my MD assumed I was on it. When I told him I was told to not start it, he made it seem like it was no big deal, regardless of the fact that my progesterone tends to trend on the low end.
Birmingham (closed)

[Dr. Christopher Allemand] was not compassionate about our failed ivf. I felt more like a number & they only wanted our money. No other options where giving about next steps etc when we received the call that none of our eggs made it...I was put on a basic ivf protocol...I did speak with him regarding transferring two embryos he did not like the idea We didn't get that far into our IVF since sadly none of our embryos made it to transfer...
The nursing staff [at ART Fertility Program of Alabama] was okay.If I had questions I had to call a number and leave a voicemail and wait for them to call back at the end of the day...I had blood work go missing and had to redo the same blood work more then twice...I had to go in for monitoring appointments when they scheduled them...Strengths- None, Unfortunately I do not have a comment for any strengths. Weaknesses- Show more compassion,Make your patients feel like a human not a number, Better communication, Be more organized.
Dr.Allemand was not compassionate about our failed ivf. I felt more like a number & they only wanted our money. No other options where giving about next steps etc when we received the call that none of our eggs made it. There was no rhyme or reason Infertility is so sensitive and people that work in the field should show huge compassion twords the ppl they are "helping" I felt no compassion from Dr. Allemand When in passing threw the drs office he would just nod his head as if he was saying hello and wouldn't stop and speak to even ask how things where going.
Do your research on the clinic. Be your own advocate! Everyone is different and has different expectations for things This is not the clinic for me I wouldn't consider being a patient here again
When working with this Dr office they knew we where traveling 4 hours to the office and back home each time we came. We wouldn't be told that we needed to come back the following day until we got back home. It took forever for me to get a hold of anyone if I ever had any questions. I also wasn't taught how to give my shots.
I was put on a basic ivf protocol When I received my meds I did not no how to administrate them After speaking to other infertile women that have went threw the ivf process they stated that their drs office did a class with them on home to prepare the shots etc None of that was done for us I felt like we where on our own threw everything.
The nursing staff was okay.If I had questions I had to call a number and leave a voicemail and wait for them to call back at the end of the day. Not very convenient when you are spending thousands of dollars you should be able to get top of the line care and be able to speak to someone whenever they are needed.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Alabama Fertility Specialists (formerly ART Fertility Program of Alabama).
I had to go in for monitoring appointments when they scheduled them.
I had blood work go missing and had to redo the same blood work more then twice. I was not told multiple times that I would need to come back to the clinic the following day they where aware that we lived four hours away so all in all it was a 8hr round trip ( Huge inconvenience )

2015, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. Christopher Allemand] was very compassionate and always responded to our questions/needs in a timely manner. Sometimes we felt that we did not fully understand what was expected of us or what we could be doing to improve our success. I also found out that my Vitamin D was very low during that time and maybe should not have continued with the cycle.... I took birth control for a month then was on stimulation medications (gonal-f and menopur) for about 2 weeks. We triggered with HCG. Following transfer I was put on crinone.
It was a very large clinic [ART Fertility Program of Alabama] and we often were seen by multiple nurses and at their satellite clinic as well. I felt like it was a well oil machine, and we were not any different than their other patients.... The clinic was very organized and operations seemed very smooth. However, this made me feel like another number and not like a unique patient with unique needs. This was our first cycle and it seemed we should have known more.
He was very compassionate and always responded to our questions/needs in a timely manner. Sometimes we felt that we did not fully understand what was expected of us or what we could be doing to improve our success. I also found out that my Vitamin D was very low during that time and maybe should not have continued with the cycle.
Ask questions and be your own advocate.
It was a very large clinic and we often were seen by multiple nurses and at their satellite clinic as well. I felt like it was a well oil machine, and we were not any different than their other patients.
The nursing staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. However, we were seen at the main office and satellite office, so we saw various nurses.
The procedure itself cost around $12,000- medications and monitoring appointments not included.
We were able to decide between 1 or 2. However, we only had 1 poor quality embryo to transfer.
Birmingham (closed)

He [Dr. Christopher Allemand] was great and listened to me well. He was open to my feedback and adjusted the treatment plan according to what I wanted. I will say I only saw him for the initial consultation and for procedures, but otherwise saw nurse practitioners (who were also wonderful). No complaints...He spent time talking to me, recognized me outside of the clinic and said hello, and was generally friendly.
[ART Fertility Program of Alabama is] Really great and organized. They seem like they really care about their patients. They are friendly, they work with you, and they are very compassionate. You mostly see nurse practitioners instead of doctors during your visits, but they are so knowledgeable and caring and do a great job. Very pleased with the care I get at ART
He was great and listened to me well. He was open to my feedback and adjusted the treatment plan according to what I wanted. I will say I only saw him for the initial consultation and for procedures, but otherwise saw nurse practitioners (who were also wonderful). No complaints.
You are in good hands
So wonderful and caring
We have probably paid around 1,000 for medications, ultrasound, procedures, and office visits.