Tennessee Fertility Institute

FellowshipU. of Michigan
Franklin
9160 Carothers Parkway
Franklin, TN 37067
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Christopher Montville to a friend?
Dr. Montville has the best bedside manner of any doctor I have worked with to date. He gets to know his patients and treats the person, not just the condition. He explains everything very thoroughly and with kindness. I never feel rushed when I'm in an appointment with him....I have Crohn's disease, so our first step has been making sure there is no tubal damage or damage to my organs resulting from the surgeries I have had. Our goal together is to make sure I am in optimum health and shape to do IVF.
How was your experience with Christopher Montville at Nashville Fertility Center?
It is very clear he cares deeply about his patients and not just his success numbers. He is thorough and kind, and very patient with all my questions and he LISTENS. I would recommend him to anyone without a doubt.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Christopher Montville at Nashville Fertility Center?
Come in with lots of questions and take notes - he will explain things as much or as little as you require.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Christopher Montville at Nashville Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols Christopher Montville used in your cycles at Nashville Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I have Crohn's disease, so our first step has been making sure there is no tubal damage or damage to my organs resulting from the surgeries I have had. Our goal together is to make sure I am in optimum health and shape to do IVF. He has been a big advocate of me checking in with my Gastroenterologist for this. From here our goal is to ready my system for IVF and set up our schedule for that procedure.
The nursing staff at Tennessee Fertility Institute are always kinds and upbeat. They too make me feel like a human and not a number. They show compassion and understanding.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
Tennessee Fertility Institute is an excellent facility and I would recommend it to anyone. I like that its a smaller clinic so they are able to spend a lot more one on one time with patients. It's clean, bright and friendly and the staff is very caring.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Christopher Montville at Nashville Fertility Center.
While we haven't actually begun IVF, the costs were explained to us. The clinic and doctor fees amount to $13,000 and the medication is estimated at $4,000-$7,000 for your first round of IVF.
Describe Christopher Montville's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Nashville Fertility Center.
Dr. Montville prefers eSET, as do I. He explained that with my history of autoimmune disease, and the fact that I will already be a high risk pregnancy because of it, it is much safer for me to carry one child at a time. I agree whole-heartedly with this approach and appreciate that my health and well-being is a priority over statistics.
Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
Dr. Monteville is a very efficient doctor, and I felt like he understood my perspective in being concerned about our fertility choices and options. As I said, I did feel at our first appointment IVF was being pushed, but also realize that his goal is to help my husband and I conceive ASAP, and maybe not in the most financially satisfying way. I am pleased with the path our treatment has taken thus far; I wish the results were different (which is not fully in his control).
Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
Go in to your fertility appointment being prepared to hear the gamut of possibilities. I had had plenty of tests done at my local hospital before being referred to Dr. Monteville, and he did not make either of us redo any of the tests. He was very clear with both my husband and I about our low chances, but he was gentle in his manner. Be educated so you can ask informed questions about treatment and possibilities.
With Dr. Monteville, he was very sympathetic about our struggles to conceive and he was willing to listen to us regarding the treatment plan he had laid out. I did feel in our first consultation that IVF was being pushed and our IUI hopes minimized, which made me feel like the clinic was out for the money. However, with two failed IUIs, I understand Dr. Monteville was being realistic with us and our chances, which I do appreciate.
My husband has MFI (low count and motility) and I have PCOS. Dr. Monteville prescribed Clomiphene for my husband to increase his counts, and he has a semen analysis due at the end of this month to see the results. For my PCOS, Dr. Monteville prescribed .5 mg letrozole, which helped me ovulate 1-2 eggs on our two monitored IUI cycles.
I had a team of nurses that rotated in my care, and all of them were polite, friendly, and compassionate. I especially appreciated when I had to call about started CD 1, that the nurse who took my call expressed genuine sadness that our first IUI had not worked, which made me feel like I wasn't alone in this journey.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
Nashville Fertility is located in a busy area of Nashville, but the clinic itself is very nice and the waiting area was very stylish. They are very efficient, but have the right level of personal touches. I appreciate also the "no children in the waiting room" policy, as I am sensitive to this. One day I was there it wasn't enforced, which was more annoying than triggering for me. My husband also appreciates the free wifi. Overall, I approach my fertility treatments by educating myself. I'm not sure how a person who hasn't studied on these methods or tracked her cycle in a variety of ways would see Nashville Fertility, as they do not have to explain very much to me. I appreciate their recognizing my self-education (not to the point of being annoying or self-righteous), and treating me like a peer.
I have spent roughly 2484 under Dr. Monteville's care. 4 dollars for each round of letrozole (covered by insurance), 200 for two HCG trigger shots, and 1400 for monitoring ultrasounds. I have spent 800 on two failed IUI procedures.
No experience with this yet
What specific things went wrong at Nashville Fertility Center?
1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
Dr. Montville is a wonderful human being, but I have no faith in Nashville Fertility Clinic at all. Once I had received a second opinion, that MD believed I was on the wrong protocol, medication type, and dosage while at Nashville Fertility. I spent several thousand dollars on medications, only to have a cancelled cycle.
Do your research on clinic data and success rates. Often times, the lab and protocols are much more important than the skill of the physician.
Dr. Montville took the time to explain the process of egg freezing for fertility preservation to me. He is very knowledgeable and kind. Unfortunately, I had poor response to stimulation meds and was unable to move forward with egg retrieval with Dr. Montville. When he realized the cycle was not going to work out, he personally called me on the phone to explain the details and walked me through the options. He spent at least 20 minutes on the phone with me that day. Even though I did not get the results I wanted, I did feel like he did the best that he could and was a compassionate doctor.
I was on a protocol that used OCPs for priming/suppression and then Lupron. I stimulated with Menopur and Bravelle. After day 7 of stims, I had 0 follicles greater than 10mm. Dr. Montville determined that because I had been on OCPs for so long, I was over suppressed. He wanted me to stay off OCPs for a few months and try again. I did that, but sought out a second opinion in a different state.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Martha)
My primary nurse was very accessible. She was very responsive to emails or calls during the process.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
The MD that I saw, the staff, and nurses were great. However, I have little faith in the technology, lab, and protocols utilized at this clinic. I believe their intentions are good, but they lack the experience and technology that some high-volume centers have.
Egg freezing was 10K, medications were about 7K