Available by cell phone
ResidencyU. of Cincinnati
FellowshipU. of Michigan
9160 Carothers Parkway
Franklin, TN 37067
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Christopher Montville to a friend?

9.8

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Tennessee Fertility Institute to a friend?
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Dr. Montville takes the time to call me personally regarding my results. I can ask him questions during our conversations and he never is pushy to either leave the room or get off the phone. He is honest, has a great bedside manner, and checks his ego at the door...He is honest, states the statistics of chancing of conceiving with my condition when comparing different treatment courses, and never pushes my husband and me to make a decision one way or the other.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with Christopher Montville at Tennessee Fertility Institute?
Dr. Montville offers a sense of hope for us. I have not felt like a number. He allows me time to ask questions to ensure I have a good understanding of results and tests, and explains things in an easy-to-understand way. He has offered me compassion and sympathy regarding our situation and my concerns regarding procedures I've had done, which is when his bedside manner has shown through. He is honest, states the statistics of chancing of conceiving with my condition when comparing different treatment courses, and never pushes my husband and me to make a decision one way or the other. He allows us the opportunity to listen to what he has to say, and then we can make the most comfortable decision for us. Thankful to have a compassionate and caring doctor during such a difficult time.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Christopher Montville at Tennessee Fertility Institute?
Advocate for yourself and ask whatever questions you need.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Christopher Montville at Tennessee Fertility Institute?
I felt like a human because Dr. Montville takes the time to call me personally regarding my results. I can ask him questions during our conversations and he never is pushy to either leave the room or get off the phone. He is honest, has a great bedside manner, and checks his ego at the door. He is there to provide the treatment that we choose, and does not push us in one direction or the other. Instead, he tells us the statistics and facts with honesty, and allows us to choose our course of treatment while offering us sympathy along the way.
The nursing staff that I've encountered have offered comfort and sympathy, always taking the time to listen to my concerns or fears.
Describe your experience with Tennessee Fertility Institute.
The staff has been great to work with. They have contacted me when any issues with insurance arise and have always been very friendly. They properly disclose potential costs of procedures and treatments. However, I have experienced a lack of communication once in regards to the front desk staff and the doctor. I reached out twice regarding an issue and the doctor reportedly never received the message, which was frustrating. Otherwise, they've been great.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Christopher Montville at Tennessee Fertility Institute.
Some procedures were more than we anticipated; however, we've never had to address our current infertility issues before, so that is based on our own personal ideas regarding how much treatments cost.
Describe Christopher Montville's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Tennessee Fertility Institute.
What specific things went wrong at Tennessee Fertility Institute?
Franklin

Consultation with him [Dr. Montville] was great, I had to go by myself due to my husband’s deployment which made me nervous. He immediately recognized the different circumstance we were in, along with the stress of trying to conceive. He made sure to write everything down and explained everything well. He also made sure to ask what we wanted from all this, how we felt about everything and any hesitations or restrictions we had.
During consultation he exceeded my expectations. I tried not to have my hopes up because sometimes the first doctor isn’t always a good fit, but thankfully he was. He did a great job reading me and understanding my situation and the way I needed the information presented. I don’t like sugar coating but I do want someone with a calming and caring approach. He met all of that. Very straightforward and great at explaining but also genuinely cared.
Go for the consultation and see if he is a good match. You won’t really know until you meet with him and his staff.
Consultation with him was great, I had to go by myself due to my husband’s deployment which made me nervous. He immediately recognized the different circumstance we were in, along with the stress of trying to conceive. He made sure to write everything down and explained everything well. He also made sure to ask what we wanted from all this, how we felt about everything and any hesitations or restrictions we had.
Describe the protocols Christopher Montville used in your cycles at Tennessee Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
We have not started any treatments or cycles yet but are planned for IUI next month with medication and trigger shot.
The nursing staff were all welcoming and so sweet. They were very organized and on top of everything. I even left forms with them that needed to be filled out (I expected this would take a while) when I followed up with them a few days later I found out they had already completed and submitted everything. I was very impressed and it was nice to know that I had people supporting me and on top of things, it alleviated a lot of my stress.
Describe your experience with Tennessee Fertility Institute.
The clinic was very clean and calming, not a lot of noise or craziness which was nice. I have no completed anything other than my blood work and consultation, so I only have those areas to speak on. I can only assume the remaining office areas and procedural rooms are the same.
In comparison to other facilities in the area that I researched and spoke with, all of our costs at TFI were clearly explained to us and within the normal pricing of the area clinics. Some costs were even less than other clinics. And honestly, I have been to another clinic in the area for a semen analysis for my husband- I would even be willing to pay higher prices to come here and be treated like a person and cared for rather than that other local facility.
Franklin

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Christopher Montville at Tennessee Fertility Institute.

Male Factor, Other
Dr. Montville cares. The first thing he said to me when we met was “Tell me your story”. I was so emotional after so many years of “unexplained” infertility and no answers, I cried but I was relieved instantly because I knew I mattered now. ... He called me on a Saturday to address a concern I had so I wouldn’t worry all weekend. He is super kind and very caring. ...
Male Factor, Other
How was your experience with Christopher Montville at Nashville Fertility Center?
He doesn’t talk to you like you’re stupid. He knows by the time you are seeing him that you have learned at least the basics. Compared to another RE who wanted to start by explaining my anatomy. He called me on a Saturday to address a concern I had so I wouldn’t worry all weekend. He is super kind and very caring. He was worth the wait to get into his practice and if you have to spend a lot of money because your insurance doesn’t cover fertility, you might as well pay him!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Christopher Montville at Nashville Fertility Center?
Be confident in going to him because he will ease your anxieties and give you new hope.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Christopher Montville at Nashville Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols Christopher Montville used in your cycles at Nashville Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I haven’t started yet. We discovered male factor issues but he also thoroughly tested my thyroid and although it was normal, he discovered a link between the T4 and “unexplained infertility”. As soon as I started the tiny dose of levothyroxin all of my pre-menstrual spotting vanished. Happy day! We are preparing for an IUI.
Amazing. The lab techs were great, although I think they have moved the lab out of the location. And the embryologist, Jennifer, is very kind and funny. She is so patient and spoke with me on the phone AND called my husband to go over all the same information again. Bless her!
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
The clinic is clean, fancy, and small but in a cozy, familiar way. It is Very private. You don’t have babies all around you. No weaknesses that I am aware of; I did about have a heart attack on the first visit from my emotional state when the nurse handed me the folder with the most gorgeous folder of a newborn. Took my breath away. I really wasn’t prepared for that but I took it as a good sign. :)
Describe the costs associated with your care under Christopher Montville at Nashville Fertility Center.
The consult is only $50 with no insurance OR free as a second opinion with records from previous RE. Many blood tests he ran were able to be filed to my insurance but with no fertility coverage, I typically have to save for tests and visits. I never want to owe him money. I always like to be paid up. So far I think the pricing has been very fair.
Nashville

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Christopher Montville at Nashville Fertility Center.

Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
He sat down with us and explained every plan and every result. He made us feel like people and he understood the pain and struggles we were feeling while going through our journey. We really appreciate that he truly listened to us....For my egg retrieval, Dr. Montville put me on Manopur, gonal-f, cetrotide, novarel, and progesterone injections. They resulted in 4 eggs total retrieved and 3 total embryos. We transferred 1 embryo after a few days, which resulted in a positive pregnant test
Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Just like I said in a previous section, Dr. Montville is such an amazing, warm, understanding, kind, and compassionate doctor! He was the very first of the 3 fertility specialist I’ve seen who truly made us feel like human!
Make your appointment now!
I have seen a total of 3 fertility doctors and he was by far the best one who was truly emphatic with our situation. He sat down with us and explained every plan and every result. He made us feel like people and he understood the pain and struggles we were feeling while going through our journey. We really appreciate that he truly listened to us. He definitely has such a warm presence every time we went to visit him at the clinic. This is why I love going to Dr. Montville! Can’t wait to visit him again this year and hopefully get the result we’ve always dreamed of!
For my egg retrieval, Dr. Montville put me on Manopur, gonal-f, cetrotide, novarel, and progesterone injections. They resulted in 4 eggs total retrieved and 3 total embryos. We transferred 1 embryo after a few days, which resulted in a positive pregnant test (blood & hpt), but resulted as a chemical pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Tennessee Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Jane)
The nursing staff at this clinic was amazing! They were so good at what they do and they really showed compassion! We love them!
Describe your experience with Tennessee Fertility Institute.
Strength: they definitely know what they’re doing. Small, but a very clean and organized facility! I always saw my doctor which is how a fertility clinic should be run! Weaknesses: since the patient population is growing, sometimes the wait time was a little long.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Tennessee Fertility Institute.
Aside from the occasional longer wait time before an appointment, the clinic runs like an well oiled machine. Everyone knows exactly what they’re supposed to do.
My insurance doesn’t cover fertility treatments so I had to pay $12,550 up front for my egg retrieval and transfer cycle not including medications. Medications cost was around $700.00.
We were glad and understood the reason why Dr. Montville suggested we do a single transfer. He based it on my overall health and wellness, which we really appreciated.
Franklin

He [Dr. Christopher Montville] was kind and thorough and treated us as individuals and not like just another statistic. He went out of his way to make sure we knew we were important to them there as people, first and foremost. He takes the time to make sure we are comfortable, and is caring in his approach. I have had several friends who agree they had a great experience with him and his staff at Tennessee Fertility.
He was kind and thorough and treated us as individuals and not like just another statistic. He went out of his way to make sure we knew we were important to them there as people, first and foremost. He takes the time to make sure we are comfortable, and is caring in his approach. I have had several friends who agree they had a great experience with him and his staff at Tennessee Fertility.
He will take great care of you and will treat you and your unique situation, and you will not feel like a statistic.
He went out of his way to make my first experience special. He called me by my name several times throughout the visit, and once more, to say goodbye as I left his office. I could tell he wanted my husband and I to feel important, and not just a number. This was at the Tennessee Fertility Clinic. He left Nashville Fertility because of this issue with patients (treating like numbers).
Hey likes to use Letrozole for egg stimulation during IUI. He said it did not matter to wait 24 or 36 hours after ovulation induction. He waits a full two weeks to take pregnancy test. Because of our age and that I have a high ovarian reserve, he highly recommends IVF. We will be starting this treatment in the Winter.
Friendly, approachable, efficient.
Describe your experience with Tennessee Fertility Institute.
Tennessee Fertility Institute is great. It is smaller and allows for more personal service. Nashville Fertility Institute is so Large and you see a different nurse every time. Tennessee you see the same doctor and nurse every time. Tennessee could benefit from one more procedural room for IUI.. seemed they only have one.
Franklin

Dr Montville was always honest with us. He is very easy to talk to and doesn’t mind answering the same questions repeatedly. I saw him every appointment and he always smiled and made us feel at ease. Going to see Dr Montville was the best choice we ever made and we are going to continue to see him...always took an interest in us as people and in our lives. He never rushed when talking with us and he was genuinely disappointed when our cycle failed. He is always available to us for questions and concerns.
Be fully open and honest with him about your expectations and ask questions so that he can give you the best course of action!
Dr. Montville always took an interest in us as people and in our lives. He never rushed when talking with us and he was genuinely disappointed when our cycle failed. He is always available to us for questions and concerns.
2 IVF cycles with menupur, gonal f and ganirellix.
I love all of the nurses. They all knew us by name and most of them had been through IVF themselves and were open about it. That really helped put me at ease during my first retrieval. My nurses still check in with me. The nurses made all of the visits and testing enjoyable and they were disappointed and heartbroken with us.
Describe your experience with Tennessee Fertility Institute.
You are never a number. Everyone starting with the receptionist to the doctor is really there for you. The clinic is easy to get to and is a nice environment. The clinic is set up for everything you will need and you never have to go to another facility for anything
$13,000 freeze all cycle $1650 PGS $550 anesthesiologist We did 2 cycles. The second cycle was $9100 for freeze all plus the $550 anesthesia. We were not able to do a transfer the second time so we are able to get a partial refund however we are waiting until we decide if we want to do another round.
We only had one good embryo to transfer so this was not an issue.
Franklin

Dr. Montville takes his time with each of my appointments to make sure he has answered all of my questions. He is very thorough and I don't ever feel rushed...performs all of the procedures himself including the ultrasounds. He does tend to run a bit behind schedule quite often (like 15-20 mins behind schedule) but we are ok with that since we never feel rushed when it is our turn. We are happy thus far with our care and hope we will find success with Dr. Montville!
Overall, my husband and I are very satisfied with Dr. Montville. We originally started with a different RE but were not pleased with the care we were receiving so we sought out a second opinion from Dr. Montville. We have been with him ever since! He is very thorough and performs all of the procedures himself including the ultrasounds. He does tend to run a bit behind schedule quite often (like 15-20 mins behind schedule) but we are ok with that since we never feel rushed when it is our turn. We are happy thus far with our care and hope we will find success with Dr. Montville!
We have only completed one IUI thus far with him and will be completing more in the future. We started with Letrozole since we had tried clomid at the previous RE office. We used a trigger shot for ovulation and then followed the IUI with progesterone for 2 weeks. Unfortunately this cycle did not result in a pregnancy but as far as the treatment goes, the protocol was clear and easy to follow.
I seem to see the same nurse at each visit which is great because she is very friendly and always on top of calling in my prescriptions!
Describe your experience with Tennessee Fertility Institute.
Strengths: getting to see the doctor at each visit and the facility is welcoming Weaknesses: Often the provider is running about 15-20 mins behind but he does not rush you when it is your turn; Sometimes it is hard to reach the nurses by phone. Typically communicating by their portal is better
Franklin

Dr. Montville has the best bedside manner of any doctor I have worked with to date. He gets to know his patients and treats the person, not just the condition. He explains everything very thoroughly and with kindness. I never feel rushed when I'm in an appointment with him....I have Crohn's disease, so our first step has been making sure there is no tubal damage or damage to my organs resulting from the surgeries I have had. Our goal together is to make sure I am in optimum health and shape to do IVF.
It is very clear he cares deeply about his patients and not just his success numbers. He is thorough and kind, and very patient with all my questions and he LISTENS. I would recommend him to anyone without a doubt.
Come in with lots of questions and take notes - he will explain things as much or as little as you require.
I have Crohn's disease, so our first step has been making sure there is no tubal damage or damage to my organs resulting from the surgeries I have had. Our goal together is to make sure I am in optimum health and shape to do IVF. He has been a big advocate of me checking in with my Gastroenterologist for this. From here our goal is to ready my system for IVF and set up our schedule for that procedure.
The nursing staff at Tennessee Fertility Institute are always kinds and upbeat. They too make me feel like a human and not a number. They show compassion and understanding.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
Tennessee Fertility Institute is an excellent facility and I would recommend it to anyone. I like that its a smaller clinic so they are able to spend a lot more one on one time with patients. It's clean, bright and friendly and the staff is very caring.
While we haven't actually begun IVF, the costs were explained to us. The clinic and doctor fees amount to $13,000 and the medication is estimated at $4,000-$7,000 for your first round of IVF.
Describe Christopher Montville's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Nashville Fertility Center.
Dr. Montville prefers eSET, as do I. He explained that with my history of autoimmune disease, and the fact that I will already be a high risk pregnancy because of it, it is much safer for me to carry one child at a time. I agree whole-heartedly with this approach and appreciate that my health and well-being is a priority over statistics.

Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
Dr. Monteville is a very efficient doctor, and I felt like he understood my perspective in being concerned about our fertility choices and options. As I said, I did feel at our first appointment IVF was being pushed, but also realize that his goal is to help my husband and I conceive ASAP, and maybe not in the most financially satisfying way. I am pleased with the path our treatment has taken thus far; I wish the results were different (which is not fully in his control).
Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
Go in to your fertility appointment being prepared to hear the gamut of possibilities. I had had plenty of tests done at my local hospital before being referred to Dr. Monteville, and he did not make either of us redo any of the tests. He was very clear with both my husband and I about our low chances, but he was gentle in his manner. Be educated so you can ask informed questions about treatment and possibilities.
With Dr. Monteville, he was very sympathetic about our struggles to conceive and he was willing to listen to us regarding the treatment plan he had laid out. I did feel in our first consultation that IVF was being pushed and our IUI hopes minimized, which made me feel like the clinic was out for the money. However, with two failed IUIs, I understand Dr. Monteville was being realistic with us and our chances, which I do appreciate.
My husband has MFI (low count and motility) and I have PCOS. Dr. Monteville prescribed Clomiphene for my husband to increase his counts, and he has a semen analysis due at the end of this month to see the results. For my PCOS, Dr. Monteville prescribed .5 mg letrozole, which helped me ovulate 1-2 eggs on our two monitored IUI cycles.
I had a team of nurses that rotated in my care, and all of them were polite, friendly, and compassionate. I especially appreciated when I had to call about started CD 1, that the nurse who took my call expressed genuine sadness that our first IUI had not worked, which made me feel like I wasn't alone in this journey.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
Nashville Fertility is located in a busy area of Nashville, but the clinic itself is very nice and the waiting area was very stylish. They are very efficient, but have the right level of personal touches. I appreciate also the "no children in the waiting room" policy, as I am sensitive to this. One day I was there it wasn't enforced, which was more annoying than triggering for me. My husband also appreciates the free wifi. Overall, I approach my fertility treatments by educating myself. I'm not sure how a person who hasn't studied on these methods or tracked her cycle in a variety of ways would see Nashville Fertility, as they do not have to explain very much to me. I appreciate their recognizing my self-education (not to the point of being annoying or self-righteous), and treating me like a peer.
I have spent roughly 2484 under Dr. Monteville's care. 4 dollars for each round of letrozole (covered by insurance), 200 for two HCG trigger shots, and 1400 for monitoring ultrasounds. I have spent 800 on two failed IUI procedures.
No experience with this yet
What specific things went wrong at Nashville Fertility Center?

1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
Dr. Montville is a wonderful human being, but I have no faith in Nashville Fertility Clinic at all. Once I had received a second opinion, that MD believed I was on the wrong protocol, medication type, and dosage while at Nashville Fertility. I spent several thousand dollars on medications, only to have a cancelled cycle.
Do your research on clinic data and success rates. Often times, the lab and protocols are much more important than the skill of the physician.
Dr. Montville took the time to explain the process of egg freezing for fertility preservation to me. He is very knowledgeable and kind. Unfortunately, I had poor response to stimulation meds and was unable to move forward with egg retrieval with Dr. Montville. When he realized the cycle was not going to work out, he personally called me on the phone to explain the details and walked me through the options. He spent at least 20 minutes on the phone with me that day. Even though I did not get the results I wanted, I did feel like he did the best that he could and was a compassionate doctor.
I was on a protocol that used OCPs for priming/suppression and then Lupron. I stimulated with Menopur and Bravelle. After day 7 of stims, I had 0 follicles greater than 10mm. Dr. Montville determined that because I had been on OCPs for so long, I was over suppressed. He wanted me to stay off OCPs for a few months and try again. I did that, but sought out a second opinion in a different state.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Martha)
My primary nurse was very accessible. She was very responsive to emails or calls during the process.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
The MD that I saw, the staff, and nurses were great. However, I have little faith in the technology, lab, and protocols utilized at this clinic. I believe their intentions are good, but they lack the experience and technology that some high-volume centers have.
Egg freezing was 10K, medications were about 7K
not discussed with this MD
Nashville

be prepared to implement treatment right away rather than spending a considerable amount of time thinking through what you want to do. Dr. Montville and his staff are very ready to start treatment immediately, and if you're not sure you're ready to move forward, you could feel somewhat rushed to make a decision...I have not been educated about this approach [Eset Approach].
Dr. Montville is newer to this practice, and I prefer him over the doctor who I saw previously (Dr. Donna Session). I didn't feel that Dr. Session had adequate listening skills, and she didn't educate me on the procedures or conditions as much as I would have liked. Dr. Montville's interactions with us have been much more thorough and tailored to what we want to know and do.
I would advise them to be prepared to implement treatment right away rather than spending a considerable amount of time thinking through what you want to do. Dr. Montville and his staff are very ready to start treatment immediately, and if you're not sure you're ready to move forward, you could feel somewhat rushed to make a decision.
Dr. Montville's eye contact, tone of voice, and listening skills are very personable. I am thankful for his patience in thoroughly explaining conditions and procedures as well. He listens to my concerns, my husband's concerns, and gives detailed, insightful answers.
I used letrozole with timed intercourse for 2-3 cycles with no pregnancies resulting from it. I then went on several months of norethindrone to keep my endometriosis symptoms suppressed while we figured out next steps. I then took letrozole, used an HSG trigger shot, and had an IUI with my husband's sperm. This did not result in a positive pregnancy.
The nursing staff are very positive, knowledgeable, and helpful.
Describe your experience with Tennessee Fertility Institute.
I am overall satisfied with this clinic. I do find it frustrating that they're only open Monday-Thursday. It would be very helpful if they were open on Fridays. I appreciate their prompt responses on the patient portal online communication platform. They are understanding and will often work around scheduling conflicts and the inevitable unpredictability of fertility concerns.
The IUI was $1200, and the medications were about $70-$140 depending on the dosage.
I have not been educated about this approach.
Franklin

He [Dr. Christopher Montville] was very welcoming and broken down all the information so myself and husband could understand it...started by welcoming us to a coffee with the Dr meeting so we had the opportunity to meet other families going through this and figure out where to start. We are at the early stages of our fertility issues and other drs we have met with just seemed to push off our questions. Mr. Montville sat with us and went over all of our testing until we understood what was going on- he even drew picture and would write down notes for us to take with us.
Dr. Montville- started by welcoming us to a coffee with the Dr meeting so we had the opportunity to meet other families going through this and figure out where to start. We are at the early stages of our fertility issues and other drs we have met with just seemed to push off our questions. Mr. Montville sat with us and went over all of our testing until we understood what was going on- he even drew picture and would write down notes for us to take with us.
Ask all the questions you have and understand that your not alone. Making the first step always feels the hardest.
He was very welcoming and broken down all the information so myself and husband could understand it.
So far we have only done testing no treatments yet.
They where very sweet and helped my through some very painful testing. They did a great job of talking to me during it and keeping me calm.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
The clinic is very clean and i have never see any issues. Lots of parking which in the Nashville area is not always the case. Staff is very welcoming, and looks like a new space. I have never had any issues.