6.8

907 N. Elm Street
Hinsdale, IL 60521
630-889-7900

2020, Unsuccessful
I didn't have the chance to meet the nurses that emailed or called about test / lab results [from Fertility Centers of Illinois]. They only communicated with me via the portal and phone calls. Usually, I was contacted by a nurse by late afternoon for certain results and then instructions provided if necessary. Other nurses / techs handled doing the ultrasounds and blood draws and were kind in person. There are not enough nursing staff to handle the number of patients under FCI care. Several nurses moved on during t
How was your experience with Christopher Sipe at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Dr Sipe can be considered a nice, caring, friendly, knowledgeable fertility doctor. Many patients believe he's amazing and dedicated to helping them become pregnant. However, this doctor didn't show that same dedication, compassion, hope, and heart for wanting to help me become pregnant. It's hard to ever meet or have an appt with Dr Sipe unless you have surgery or a procedure scheduled, especially during the Covid years. Dr Sipe acted like it was an inconvenience to have a phone call. He doesn't accept email either from patients even though the company newsletter encouraged emailing your doctor. I did have a couple Zoom video calls that included nice conversations with the doctor, but I do not feel this platform is the same kind of connection as an in-person or phone call consult. I didn't feel as much compassion was given towards myself and my file in the same way as other content patients. Dr Sipe chose to not listen to comments about issues with how the office staff communicated and handled paperwork with some of the patients, which I believe he should have stepped up to assist his staff to manage. One positive mention is that I felt cared for and safe having surgery done by Dr Sipe. The nurse anesthetist Dan did a great job administering anesthesia also. One great day of care can't replace or make up for the many days of various communication and paperwork issues that occurred with some of his staff on my file. Dr Sipe should have some respect of his patients' honest truths, as several of my file's issues and the treatment of some staff towards me were presented to Dr Sipe and dismissed.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Christopher Sipe at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
My advice for prospective patients of Dr Sipe is to only have a consult if you have a healthy body in general. Write down all your questions in advance of your consult because he’s very hard to reach, as you’ll mostly be having communication with his nurses and office staff. During the consult, make sure to find out exactly the type of other doctor appointments and prerequisites required (ex: a primary care physical, mammogram, or missing shots) from the doctor in order for him to allow you to do the fertility treatments and when appts need to be completed. Write this info down. Otherwise, his staff do not provide a worksheet of medical prereqs needed and this will take precious months of your time. Advise the doctor the qualities you need as far as dedication and caring toward your goals, and not the goals that influence the office pregnancy stats. Encourage this doctor to not play the wait-and-see game when it comes to deciding on IUI or IVF protocols / plans. Be prepared to do extra outside office work for his staff on your own time, especially if you're having records transfered there because the office staff misplaces records and signed docs often.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Christopher Sipe at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Several issues with FCI keep continuing thru the years which make a patient feel like a number. Before Covid the waiting rooms did look like a baby making factory, as others have noted, because they were packed. With the Covid 2020 year, each patient does not see that many other patients due to social distancing while waiting for appts. There are not enough staff to handle the number of patients under FCI care. Several nurses moved on during the Covid 2020 year to work at other medical places, thus making some current nurses and techs overwhelmed. It's hard to ever meet with your doctor or be allowed a phone call with them, unless you have surgery or a procedure. This means there isn't enough personal connection if phone calls and emails are not allowed with the doctors. Zoom video calls do not feel like the same kind of connection as an in-person or phone call consult. Patients who went to FCI a few years ago and came back for a second sibling cycle in 2020 stated in online groups they were upset that the personal connection was lost due to having to connect thru the portal and not via regular emails or phone calls. There is also an outsourced third party billing team that can't handle mailing bills to all the patients' addresses. Some patients get called a liar when staff call just days before surgery or a procedure demanding payment even though bills were not received. They need to stop using their third party outsourced billing team because it's causing problems that FCI prefers to not address. One positive mention of FCI is that I felt cared for and attended to by the doctor and O.R. staff on surgery day; plus the O.R. clinic appeared to run smoothly. Sadly, there are many other days of the year where I felt some of their staff didn't show compassion and kindness towards me. One great day of care can't replace the other hundred plus days with poor communication, blame to the patient, and needing to take care of paperwork issues that should fall under their staff responsibilities.
Describe the protocols Christopher Sipe used in your cycles at Fertility Centers of Illinois and their degree of success.
I had the hysteroscopy surgery in summer to remove uterus polyps. Then we moved towards an IUI due to low egg reserve. It wasn't until the winter months when my body was ready for the IUI due to a few setbacks, so the initial protocol was changed. The IUI protocol changed into doing Follistim injections for several nights plus oral Letrizole for five days instead of doing Estrogen priming first. This plan didn't work and the cycle was canceled, so now I am focused on Estrogen priming first.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Abby, Ashlie, and Christina)
I didn't have the chance to meet the nurses that emailed or called about test / lab results. They only communicated with me via the portal and phone calls. Usually, I was contacted by a nurse by late afternoon for certain results and then instructions provided if necessary. Other nurses / techs handled doing the ultrasounds and blood draws and were kind in person. There are not enough nursing staff to handle the number of patients under FCI care. Several nurses moved on during the Covid 2020 year to work at other medical places and the remaining nurses seem overwhelmed. There are also communication and kindness issues with some nurses plus staff delaying responses and providing some unkind, dishonest comments they made to the doctor on myself and other patients. Patients should be allowed to voice an opinion to staff without being blamed for providing the truth on issues and then have unpleasant attitudes directed at them. As other patients have mentioned, I too can confirm that patients need to micromanage staff as paperwork is constantly getting misplaced. The nurses and office staff choose to place blame on many patients several times, and even claimed my signed docs went missing when I emailed them to a nurse who requested them. The nursing staff and director also can't keep up with scripts and do not focus on details when contacting the Walgreens pharmacists, which then results in meds not getting shipped during a cycle.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
Some strengths include many knowledgeable doctors to choose from, several locations, fairly easy to schedule monitoring appts, and the O.R. ran smoothly the day of my surgery. Zoom video calls are the norm for consults since Covid. Emails are frowned upon and communication is mostly done thru the portal. Though, nurses do sometimes call for certain ultrasound and lab results. Weaknesses include waiting several weeks or months for a doctor consult, doctors not accepting email from patients, documentation issues, billing issues, and staff causing unnecessary issues by not providing detailed info when calling Walgreens Alliance which leads to meds not shipping to patients’ homes in time for their cycle. Documentation issues and misplaced paperwork happen with many patients. There are transferred records and other signed document forms that get misplaced even when they are emailed and/or sent on disk. There were times I didn't feel as much caring given towards myself and my file in the same way other patients described their caring, involved doctor who worked diligently to help them get pregnant. Not all patients receive equal care, kindness, and compassion from staff. The in-house billing team is slow with insurance approvals and answering cost questions when they should be known. Therefore, I would encourage new patients to seek out all possible treatment, labs, analysis, and ultrasound cost options upfront. Patients should be provided the self-pay costs upfront without having to request or beg for this info, no matter if they have diagnostic and/or fertility insurance coverage.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Christopher Sipe at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
I had to pay approx. $2400 total to FCI over the course of the year for blood labs and ultrasounds, using insurance. I paid Labcorp, which bills separately for genetics testing, the cost of $331 for the blood draw done at FCI. Then I paid $1700 to FCI plus $546 anesthesia costs to Lakeshore Anesthesia for my hysteroscopy, with my PPO plan. Since I met my deductible by the time of the IUI cycle, I didn’t have to pay for the Follistim injectable meds. However, if I had attempted the IUI four months earlier Walgreens Alliance were going to charge $2600 for the first two Follistim vials shipped and then remainder vials shipping would be free since the deductible would have then been met. My cycle was canceled halfway thru, but my insurance would have paid for IUI costs since I met the deductible.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
Plenty of issues, of which many were preventable, occurred at FCI. ***Staff misplaced the records transferred into FCI several times; Poor communication between nurses / director when they were looking for signed docs another nurse received in her files, yet I was blamed; Staff blaming patients for billing and/or paperwork issues when it's clearly related to office run issues; Billing / Finance team didn't provide self pay costs upfront; 3rd party billing team didn’t mail bills for months yet it somehow was my fault; Office didn't provide a written list of prerequisite other medical appts along with timeline; Staff didn’t want to contact Walgreens pharmacy for vaccine proof; Fertility med script issues with Walgreens Alliance being able to handle scripts and shipping on time due to FCI med staff not paying attention to details thus resulting in delayed shipping; doctors / staff don't show compassion and helpfulness to all patients equally Patients should be able to voice honest opinions and truths without being silenced and disrespected. Patients do speak to one another online and know these mentioned issues.

2017 - 2019, Unknown Success
He is a very intelligent and seemingly caring physician, however I want to be able to communicate with my physician. The system they have in place is everything runs through the nurses. ... I cannot be an advocate for my treatment plan if I never have the opportunity to speak to the physician. ... If you like the hands-off approach Dr. Sipe may be for you, but if you like to be informed and have transparent and collaborative communication about your care plan you may want to chose a different clinic/physician.
The clinic team [FCI] is very good, very friendly and caring - but I feel like I get more interaction from the phlebotomist and ultrasound technician than from the people who are managing my care plan. ...You are assigned a nurse as soon as you begin. In the first six months I had three different nurses. ... Making appointments was easy I felt they had plenty of availability. ... The only person I could complain to was the receptionist because there is no charge nurse or nurse manager on site, but complaining to her resulted in a phone call from my nurse.
How was your experience with Christopher Sipe at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
He is a very intelligent and seemingly caring physician, however I want to be able to communicate with my physician. The system they have in place is everything runs through the nurses. I made an appointment to see the physician because my husband and I had questions and the appointment was cancelled by the office because "Dr. Sipe is not sure why you have an appointment at this stage of the program." I was not allowed to keep the appointment or go in and speak to him. I had to direct our questions to the nurse. If I have questions I should be able to contact my physician. I cannot be an advocate for my treatment plan if I never have the opportunity to speak to the physician.
Meet with several physicians before you make a choice and ask them how much personal interaction they have with patients. If you like the hands-off approach Dr. Sipe may be for you, but if you like to be informed and have transparent and collaborative communication about your care plan you may want to chose a different clinic/physician.
The only times I got a chance to speak to the doctor were the "consultations". Every bit of the care is managed with the nurse and I've had my nurse switched three times. The nurse I am dealing with now has poor communication skills and does not return phone calls or emails. Ever since we had to move to the donor egg process I felt left in the dark and ignored by my physician and nurse. The clinic team is very good, very friendly and caring - but I feel like I get more interaction from the phlebotomist and ultrasound technician than from the people who are managing my care plan.
I had to have a pre-IVF surgeries for an adhesion of the uterus. Then I underwent 3 different protocols for egg retrieval. Based on my age my physician recommended genetic testing between retrieval and implantation. The first Protocol was a Lupron protocol . The second protocol was the Schoyer 2. The third was a modified Lupon Protocol beacuse even though I produced more eggs the second time the quality was not as good. It was only in my first cycle that I had eggs get to blast and be sent for genetic testing. At that point we moved to using donor eggs. In this process we had to see the psychiatrist and deal with a lot of the anxiety and depression of the process. Once we chose our donor we began moving forward on payment as donor eggs add another level of financial stress to a couple. It took us about 2 months and now I am in the middle of the treatment plan for implanting donor eggs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Patricia)
You are assigned a nurse as soon as you begin. In the first six months I had three different nurses. The first nurse I had was great but suddenly another nurse was calling me about my care. It was never explained why, when, or how the change of care was initiated. I ended up with the nurse I have now. We have complained about her lack of response. During our time of getting things arranged for a egg donor i had a lot of questions and in a 3 week span I emailed her 9 times, left her voice messages 4 times, and never got a response until I called to complain. The only person I could complain to was the receptionist because there is no charge nurse or nurse manager on site, but complaining to her resulted in a phone call from my nurse. It makes the patient feel like they are no longer important. I understand people being out of the office or buy with other patients, but in 3 weeks there should be someone managing my care who could reach out to and explain the dissonance.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
The staff at the clinic is great. I love the phlebotomist and the ultra sound tech. They are caring, empathetic, and aware of what you as a patient are going through. I had a situation where I was two days short on meds and my shipment was late and the phlebotomist who is also a nurse worked with me to find me meds for those 2 days so I would be able to go ahead with the retrieval.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
Making appointments was easy I felt they had plenty of availability.
Our insurance plan covered a great deal, but there were out of pocket costs associated with specific procedures and most of the medications. The donor egg portion is extremely expensive and not covered by any insurance.
Hinsdale
2015 - 2018, Unsuccessful
He is kind, compassionate, personable, jovial. He was always available by phone or in person for discussions and would thoroughly explain processes and risks. I suppose I get frustrated that often the "reason" for my failures is only sited as "bad luck." I would prefer a scientific reason....when I had setbacks, Dr. Sipe himself would call to discuss things with me and check on my emotional health....He always advocated for single transfers, but when I had an option for 2 embryos to be transferred at one time, he went along with my wishes (after we went over all risks).
The clinic [FCI] staff is excellent. I feel a strong bond with Lynn, the receptionist, who is always invested in my success. However, there have been unnecessary delays in testing, communication, etc on the staff's part over the years..Failed to communicate with Genetic test facility, causing 3 month delay in treatment. Unable to get PGD results for over a month bc MD was on vacation and no one else relayed my results. Lost/misplaced embryos that were supposed to be in their lab but were sent to genetics lab instead... if I weren't a completely organized, educated, and on-top-of-it person, I would've slipped through the cracks.
How was your experience with Christopher Sipe at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Be prepared to be on top of all information so you don't get delays when he is out of town and no one else knows what is going on. Be prepared to hound him and the office about tests and timelines.
There were definitely times where there was little or no communication and, if I weren't a completely organized, educated, and on-top-of-it person, I would've slipped through the cracks. However, when I had setbacks, Dr. Sipe himself would call to discuss things with me and check on my emotional health.
We tried agonist and antagonist protocols. Lupron, Menopur, Gonal-F, ganirelix/cetrutide, estrace, estrogen patches, and progesterone in oil. The last 5 retrievals were using the Schoyer protocol. Then FET after PGS and PGD because I am a carrier of Fragile X. There have been no measurable indications that either my husband or myself are "infertile," yet I still cannot get pregnant.
I have had several nurse coordinators over the 3 years I have been going through IVF. Patricia is my latest nurse and by far the best. She really treats me like an individual and is both thorough and compassionate. She has kept me sane (as much as possible) during the more devastating portions of this process.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
The clinic staff is excellent. I feel a strong bond with Lynn, the receptionist, who is always invested in my success. However, there have been unnecessary delays in testing, communication, etc on the staff's part over the years. I had to be on top of all information so there weren't delays when MD is out of town and no one else knows what is going on.
I don't remember specifics. Things went through insurance.
Describe Christopher Sipe's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
Oakbrook Terrace (closed)

he [Dr. Christopher Sipe] wouldn’t change medication protocols to tailor to individual needs under any circumstances (I had thin lining & he wanted to keep me on clomid bc that was the med he used exclusively), and he once joked about the shape of my uterus...He failed to do an HSG on me, even after I requested, and after the IUI failed he wanted for me to repeat again with more expensive medication. I went to a second doctor to get another opionion, that doctor quickly discovered I had blocked tubes with HSG and also noted my blood work that I did with Dr. Sipe showed I have PCOS (so Dr. Sipe actually missed both diagnosis).
[Fertility Centers of Illinois] moves you like a number. Tons of people in waiting room, many nurses who don’t know who you are, hard to get calls back. Very impersonable. Obviously my botched diagnosis was the biggest issue, but I learned that I was better off at a smaller clinic who would take a vested interest in my case...Dr. Sipe didn’t perform HSG, and proceeded with IUI. When I went to get a second opionion, my new clinic found I had both blocked tubes & PCOS.
How was your experience with Christopher Sipe at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
He failed to do an HSG on me, even after I requested, and after the IUI failed he wanted for me to repeat again with more expensive medication. I went to a second doctor to get another opionion, that doctor quickly discovered I had blocked tubes with HSG and also noted my blood work that I did with Dr. Sipe showed I have PCOS (so Dr. Sipe actually missed both diagnosis). He wouldn’t change medication protocols that thinned my lining. Negligent doctor that set me back previous time & money.
Get another RE fast!!! Second opionion if you have concerns
His office moved you through like cattle, he wouldn’t change medication protocols to tailor to individual needs under any circumstances (I had thin lining & he wanted to keep me on clomid bc that was the med he used exclusively), and he once joked about the shape of my uterus
He used the same cookie cutter recipe for every patient and didn’t consider their specific case
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
Every time I reached out I got a different nurse, it was hard to reach via phone. My IUI was performed by a tech I have never met.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
This is place that moves you like a number. Tons of people in waiting room, many nurses who don’t know who you are, hard to get calls back. Very impersonable. Obviously my botched diagnosis was the biggest issue, but I learned that I was better off at a smaller clinic who would take a vested interest in my case.
2k of lab testing prior, 2.5k IUI, the next IUI cycle would’ve been 6k with injectibles
Chicago/River North

He [Dr. Christopher Sipe] is a smart doctor. He relies heavily on results, studies, and research. We appreciate all of those things but also wanted compassion and personalization. I also didn't enjoy the 'poor responder" placed on me much of the time. We also felt that we had to do a lot of homework as supplemental treatments weren't really discussed. I didn't like feeling like we had to remember everything to ask or it wouldn't be offered.
I found the nursing staff [at FCI River North] to be very frustrating with sharing conflicting/competing information, the lack of compassion, and lack of information shared about procedures. I felt that I had to turn into a nurse myself to make sure I was aware of what all was happening to my body and I found that to be unacceptable. The whole experience added so much more stress to an already stressful situation.
How was your experience with Christopher Sipe at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
He is a smart doctor. He relies heavily on results, studies, and research. We appreciate all of those things but also wanted compassion and personalization. I also didn't enjoy the 'poor responder" placed on me much of the time. We also felt that we had to do a lot of homework as supplemental treatments weren't really discussed. I didn't like feeling like we had to remember everything to ask or it wouldn't be offered.
Don't expect to be coddled and do your own homework.
A little too blunt for our taste. It often felt like information shared was in the form of "ripping the bandaid off" and with dry humor. We always wanted the honest answers but would have preferred more compassion surrounding this topic.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Antoinette Higgins )
We primarily worked with Anto Higgins and she was the shining light in our experience with Dr.Sipe and River North FCI. The only thing I felt bad about was that Anto would take any of the negative feedback/ frustrations that we shared personally. I found the nursing staff to be very frustrating with sharing conflicting/competing information, the lack of compassion, and lack of information shared about procedures. I felt that I had to turn into a nurse myself to make sure I was aware of what all was happening to my body and I found that to be unacceptable. The whole experience added so much more stress to an already stressful situation.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
It feels like a cattle call, but you typically aren't waiting too long. I've had many issues with calling and not being able to leave a voicemail or have one returned in a timely manner with trying to book appointments.

Embryo Freezing
While I appreciated that he [Dr. Sipe] would try to simply diagnosis and treatment for us (non-scientific folk), it came across as though he wasn’t as driven to get results - felt more like he was trying to be our friend. When after the second transfer (all from 1 Retrieval) we still weren’t pregnant, we changed treatment protocol for our 2nd Retrieval...He was always very personable and empathetic - he often tried to lighten the mood by making jokes.
There were always long waits on a Monday or holiday...mornings were certainly the busiest. They [FCI - Chi] definitely seem to over schedule themselves a lot! The billing team was always friendly, I felt like they were all rooting for us too! Not so much can be said for general reception. They would forget to record that you arrived (despite filling out a form) which meant you racked up lovely parking bills.
How was your experience with Christopher Sipe at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
While I appreciated that he would try to simply diagnosis and treatment for us (non-scientific folk), it came across as though he wasn’t as driven to get results - felt more like he was trying to be our friend. When after the second transfer (all from 1 Retrieval) we still weren’t pregnant, we changed treatment protocol for our 2nd Retrieval...we got less eggs but NO embryos. He recommended just going back to the initial protocol for our 3rd Retrieval (we decided to get a 2nd opinion instead). He also didn’t fully disclose efficacy risks of freezing/thawing to genetic test/freezing to wait for Transfer/thawing for Transfer...we wasted 2 embryos that were perfectly fine
If you want friendly, he’s your Dr!
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
There were always long waits on a Monday or holiday...mornings were certainly the busiest. They definitely seem to over schedule themselves a lot! The billing team was always friendly, I felt like they were all rooting for us too! Not so much can be said for general reception. They would forget to record that you arrived (despite filling out a form) which meant you racked up lovely parking bills.
Cattle call, with a line around the corner
It varied greatly as my insurance went from not being covered to pseudo covered
2014 - 2016, Unsuccessful
Dr. Sipe was friendly, but didn't explain things in detailed terms. Hr tip toed around questions. Really rush face to face interviews. I felt like a number and not a patient. I wish he would have done all tests before hand than waiting to test after failed cycle.... Never really took time and explained things really fast. Never give me straight answers.... The nurses were not compassionate. They never will returned calls back or give results on time. I think the nurses needed training on how to treat patients.
The clinic [FCI] was clean but was always to pack and busy where you would wait 1hr for ultrasound or lab draw.... The nurses were not compassionate. They never will returned calls back or give results on time. I think the nurses needed training on how to treat patients.... The nurses will not scheduled or tell me what tests I needed. Also would forget to give me a call about my test results....
How was your experience with Christopher Sipe at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Ask questions and do medical research before going.
I really don't remember, but a lot of injectables with progesterone. Babys aspirin taking daily until pregnancy test. Clomid given first retrieval and second retrieval lupron and follistism.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
The clinic was clean but was always to pack and busy where you would wait 1hr for ultrasound or lab draw.
I had insurance but out of pocket total $4,000 for labs and deductibles.
Yes, Dr. Sipe suggested to transfer 2 to increase my changes.

2013, Successful
He [Dr. Christopher Sipe] is very friendly & honest. I think his biggest fault is the system he works in which is big & not personal. He explained the big picture, but left the nurses to explain the details. He was always willing to help out - especially in the donor egg process...He was personable. explained things fully to me. responded to my questions. was available by email...It's just really hit or miss with nurses at FCI. Some are amazing & others are just going through a protocol that they have to follow
How was your experience with Christopher Sipe at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
He is very friendly & honest. I think his biggest fault is the system he works in which is big & not personal. He explained the big picture, but left the nurses to explain the details. He was always willing to help out - especially in the donor egg process
Make sure to ask all your questions ask for the email for him directly
i don't remember exactly but we started with low dose and then proceeded up
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Agnes)
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
they see a lot of patients they have early morning hours before work they see so many patients - sometimes you feel like a hamster on a wheel impersonal nurses especially at chicago site
2014 - 2016, Unsuccessful
I just felt he [Dr. Sipe] didnt not have time for one on one to go into details. He was kind and polite but not enough patient care...Ask questions and take notes. Dont be afriad to tell him to repeat it his answers...
They [Fertility Centers of Illinois - Chicago] do not have up to date equipment and they are slow...[Nurse] Antoinette was very kind...
How was your experience with Christopher Sipe at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
It was professional and pleasant.
I just felt he didnt not have time for one on one to go into details. He was kind and polite but not enough patient care.
I really don't remember but a lot of lupron and progesterone
Antoinette was very kind
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
They do not have up to date equipment and they are slow
$32000 with insurance
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
So.much, can't remember it all.
Chicago/River North

Never once did Dr Sipe call us personally to deliver any results or news as our new clinic has. Never once did he do any of our IUI’s himself. There is no personalized care...we received one quote from Dr Sipe and a much higher estimate and invoice from billing. It feels unclear on purpose...He said we could try IUI or injectables or go straight to IVF. Based on my age...He gave us a completely wrong estimate. Billing sent me an estimate that was triple what he quoted for IUI and IVF.
Our nurse [at Fertility Centers of Illinois] was gruff and rude...IVF and infertility is an extremely expensive, stressful and emotionally draining process. This clinic does nothing to make this process easier or more compassionate. If anything they make it 1,000% harder and 1,000% more confusing. Never once did Dr Sipe call us personally to deliver any results or news as our new clinic has. Never once did he do any of our IUI’s himself. There is no personalized care here. Their online portal is a way for them to avoid you. Email is not the correct means of communication in this particular industry. Sometimes you need a live person. This clinic
How was your experience with Christopher Sipe at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Our experience here was awful. While Dr Sipe is personable and nice, he unexpectedly went on medical leave in the middle of our treatment. We were not assigned another doctor in the practice to fill in for questions. Our nurse was gruff and rude about this. Nurse Agnes and the woman at the front desk (Linda?) are unhelpful, rude and short. I dreaded working with Agnes or having to ask her any sort of question. She is impatient and cold. And with IVF you will have many many questions especially first timers. IVF and infertility is an extremely expensive, stressful and emotionally draining process. This clinic does nothing to make this process easier or more compassionate. If anything they make it 1,000% harder and 1,000% more confusing. Never once did Dr Sipe call us personally to deliver any results or news as our new clinic has. Never once did he do any of our IUI’s himself. There is no personalized care here. Their online portal is a way for them to avoid you. Email is not the correct means of communication in this particular industry. Sometimes you need a live person. This clinic makes you feel more vulnerable and makes you feel like you are just dollar signs to them. I lost all trust in them and trust is essential in this industry. Their billing is not clear and we received one quote from Dr Sipe and a much higher estimate and invoice from billing. It feels unclear on purpose. When you want your medical records released they are basically held hostage unless you push and stay on top of them and pay exorbitant fees or they say they have 30 days to release them. We were caught up on all bills from them and they still set up road blocks to not give me access to my information. Unacceptable and borderline unethical. I gladly paid the fees to get as far as possible from this practice as quickly as possible. This type of experience is not one that will help you get pregnant. Adding more stress will only make your timeline longer. Also, look up their SART data. www.sartonline.com. It’s great compared to other practices in Chicago. I absolutely do not recommend FCI. If you want TLC, knowledgeable and compassionate nurses go to Advanced Fertility Centers of Chicago and see Dr Irani. He was a godsend. FCI was a terrible experience for us and I thank god we stopped working with them and found AFCC.
Don’t go to FCI.
He said we could try IUI or injectables or go straight to IVF. Based on my age.
I dreaded working with Agnes. She was downright cruel. She’s in the wrong profession. Our experience here was awful. While Dr Sipe is personable and nice, he unexpectedly went on medical leave in the middle of our treatment. We were not assigned another doctor in the practice to fill in for questions. Our nurse was gruff and rude about this. Nurse Agnes and the woman at the front desk (Linda?) are unhelpful, rude and short. I dreaded working with Agnes or having to ask her any sort of question. She is impatient and cold. And with IVF you will have many many questions especially first timers. IVF and infertility is an extremely expensive, stressful and emotionally draining process. This clinic does nothing to make this process easier or more compassionate. If anything they make it 1,000% harder and 1,000% more confusing. This clinic makes you feel more vulnerable and makes you feel like you are just dollar signs to them. I lost all trust in them and trust is essential in this industry. Their billing is not clear and we received one quote from Dr Sipe and a much higher estimate and invoice from billing. It feels unclear on purpose. When you want your medical records released they are basically held hostage unless you push and stay on top of them and pay exorbitant fees or they say they have 30 days to release them. We were caught up on all bills from them and they still set up road blocks to not give me access to my information. Unacceptable and borderline unethical. I gladly paid the fees to get as far as possible from this practice as quickly as possible. This type of experience is not one that will help you get pregnant. Adding more stress will only make your timeline longer. Also, look up their SART data. www.sartonline.com. It’s great compared to other practices in Chicago. I absolutely do not recommend FCI. If you want TLC, knowledgeable and compassionate nurses go to Advanced Fertility Centers of Chicago and see Dr Irani. He was a godsend. FCI was a terrible experience for us and I thank god we stopped working with them and found AFCC.
Oakbrook Terrace (closed)