Medical SchoolU. of Virginia
Winchester
1820 West Plaza Drive
Winchester, VA 22601
1-540-662-6092
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Christopher Williams to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Reproductive Medicine and Surgery Center of Virginia to a friend?
Dr. Williams is kind and informative. He is blunt, but in a compassionate way. He also makes you feel comfortable and wants you to ask questions. He's explained more to me than other doctors have. He explained risks that i might have due to being a cancer survivor, kindly explained each course of treatment, and was quick to share lab information....I informed him on my first visit that i was a cancer survivor and also chlomid resistant. He actually listened to me. He started with a check of my ovaries to make sure i had eggs and that there was no damage to my ovaries.
How was your experience with Christopher Williams at Reproductive Medicine and Surgery Center of Virginia?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Christopher Williams at Reproductive Medicine and Surgery Center of Virginia?
Do not be afraid to ask all of your questions. He is very knowledgeable and wants you to be informed.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Christopher Williams at Reproductive Medicine and Surgery Center of Virginia?
He takes the time to explain things in detail. I never feel nervous about asking questions.
Describe the protocols Christopher Williams used in your cycles at Reproductive Medicine and Surgery Center of Virginia and their degree of success.
I informed him on my first visit that i was a cancer survivor and also chlomid resistant. He actually listened to me. He started with a check of my ovaries to make sure i had eggs and that there was no damage to my ovaries. Something no other doctor has done in my 25 years of remission. He started me on 7.5 mg of letrozole on days 5-9 to start. The next cycle it was 7.5 again, plus trigger shot. The next cycle was 7.5 again, but I ovulated before the trigger shot. That cycle failed as well. On my current cycle he stated he is getting more aggressive. I will now do 7.5 on letrozole days 3-12, 5 mg of prednisone, and trigger shot.
The nursing staff are all kind, compassionate, and informative. They don't treat you like they're in a hurry, they take their time with you. They also want to make sure you fully understand the course of treatment. They're also supportive when you come back in after another failed cycle. The downside is that sometimes they're is a bit of a wait for a call back for various results or answers to questions, but that is understandable.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine and Surgery Center of Virginia.
The clinic is clean, the front desk staff are friendly and helpful. One of the best things to me is that they have a lab for SA and procedure rooms all on the same floor, which is convenient. They also have an online portal where you can do the majority of first day paperwork digitally instead of having to do it all during your first appointment .
Describe the costs associated with your care under Christopher Williams at Reproductive Medicine and Surgery Center of Virginia.
I have no fertility coverage through my insurance. For an ultrasound and bloodwork it is around $300 every time i go. Plus the cost of meds. On my income, that is pretty difficult to handle since I go sometimes twice a month for these things.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Medicine and Surgery Center of Virginia?
Charlottesville

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Christopher Williams at Reproductive Medicine and Surgery Center of Virginia.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Unexplained
Dr Williams always comes in the appointment and the very first thing I notice from him is how truly compassionate and sincere he is about the failures of the treatment so far. It's amazing how he doesn't even go into the "dr" mode immediately it's the mode of human to Human I care about how you are feeling. He's always been extremely up front of very educational on the treatment plan each time!... I walked out of the first appointment with a lot of hope and for the first time since having my second miscarriage I didn't feel as sad anymore.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Unexplained
Coming to the clinic for the very first time after suffering two miscarriages my husband and i were already in a defeated mode if you will. But very soon after seeing Dr. Williams the first time i remember just sitting in his office and going over what felt like every little detail, and as sad and upsetting it was it also felt very needed for what was going to be our best treatment plan. I can't explain it but i felt more upset and frustrated before coming to the clinic. I walked out of the first appointment with a lot of hope and for the first time since having my second miscarriage I didn't feel as sad anymore.
Listen to their plans. It seems like a lot of stuff that you have to do to even begin, but it's all worth it to figure out what you need from them!
Once all the pre- testings were over. We started out with oral medications to stimulate ovulation. The reasoning behind this was before we started the clinic I was not having a cycle on my own which means i wasn't ovulating. So it only made sense to start with letrezole. We had tried clomid at our previous obgyn and it didn't work. So we tried the letrezole and realized from an ultrasound it wasn't enough. So the next plan was to continue the oral mediation and then add a trigger injection and do IUI. We've did that three times now with no success yet. But from blood work done we do know the medication is working. So we are trying iui one more time.
Having to take all the medication and injections it's a lot of questions sometimes. I don't think I've ever waited more than an hour or two to hear back if I've left a message on their answering services. The are exceptional at keeping the communication open! They are all great! Feel like we've know them all for years and it's only been 9 months since we started.
The staff is so friendly! Appointments are always on time, I believe we've waited one appointment out of all of them, for more than 15 mins for the dr but it was a weekend also. Speaking of weekends, when we heard they do things weekends and after hours based on your treatment it seriously made us feel like wow they really will do anything to accommodate you. Be prepared to spend money. Our insurance doesn't cover the treatments so it's been very expensive but the staff and doctors have made it very easy to not focus on that part.
Oral medication-10 Trigger injection-200 Ultrasounds-100 IUI-600
Describe Christopher Williams's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Medicine and Surgery Center of Virginia.
Charlottesville

Dr.Williams does everything in his power to make your dream a reality. If you have a set back he is right there with you and helps you every step of the way and ensures you that we still have many options and things ahead and that we will indeed get there.... I have PCOS, therefore my FSH (follicle stimulating horomone) is not strong enough to make my eggs grow to the size they need to be without help from medications therefore we tried clomid no luck, femara no luck, went to Gonal F up to the highest does and overstimulated so then we knew where our dosage was.
Listen and follow everything Dr.Williams says. He has done this so long and helped so many people he surely knows everything to help you get to where you need to be.
Dr.Williams is so great and he is there to make your dreams a reality. He looks into every situation and works with you in all things that you are trying to do. An amazing doctor for sure!
I have PCOS, therefore my FSH (follicle stimulating horomone) is not strong enough to make my eggs grow to the size they need to be without help from medications therefore we tried clomid no luck, femara no luck, went to Gonal F up to the highest does and overstimulated so then we knew where our dosage was. Treated again ovulated but a negative pregnancy test.
AMAZING! They are the best and anytime I called and was worried or didnt understand or had questions they were always there even if they had to call you back. They are so compassionate and loving! They really make you feel like you are part of a family not a doctors office.
The clinic is FANTASTIC! They are so well rounded and the people are so great. Make sure to stay on top of your insurance and if they cover and what you may owe so you arent surprised with major bills. Other than that please see this clinic and let them help on your journey!
Most insurance like mine do not cover any fertility items. Therefore everything was out of pocket. Medications alone are so expensive. We are just currently finishing Gonal injections with normal ovulation and intercourse. Last year alone we have put about $6000 into these treatments and we are not even to IUI or IVF yet. So please be prepared for the cost and process of cost.
Charlottesville

When we sat in his office to cover what the IVF process is going to look like he was patient. We didn’t feel like we were being rushed in and out of his office. He took the time to help us understand the questions we asked and we appreciated his blunt yet explainable manner.... My husband and I are still considering doing multiple and did bring this up with Dr Williams. He explained his preference with doing a single transfer and why he prefers single from the risk of doing two.
I explained this mostly in the previous question however we really did appreciate having him as a doctor. He explained everything to us every step of the way and again did not get frustrated but he understood when we had questions and helped us understand. I honestly don’t feel that we’ve had any negative experiences with him.
He’s very knowledgeable and detailed when helping you understand your fertility process.
We originally had another doctor at clinic but have had Dr Williams the last several times. We are on our first IVF process so I don’t have too much feedback here since we’ve just begun.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine and Surgery Center of Virginia. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie)
Everyone in the office is wonderful. From the front desk to billing to nurses to IVF nurses. Stephanie has such an uplifting personality and great bedside manner.
Their on call is very responsive. Their waiting room is very relaxing. I was in to my appointments on time 98% of the time. Their packets for IVF are detailed in explaining pricing and packages. We travel over an hour to get to this office and for anyone looking for the right clinic, this really was a great fit for us. We did go to another clinic in northern VA prior to coming here but felt as if we were a number and the distance was also a factor so we chose Charlottesville and have not regretted it.
So far we’ve seen the cost to be comparable to others in Virginia. Virginia does not carry IVF health insurance so we will be paying the full bill. Charlottesville has given us their lending company that they have researched and we will be using.
My husband and I are still considering doing multiple and did bring this up with Dr Williams. He explained his preference with doing a single transfer and why he prefers single from the risk of doing two. While we understand his explanation of risk, all of those things are possibilities when someone gets naturally pregnant with twins. Dr Williams is of course leaving the decision up to us and was still very positive with us.

Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
He was very well educated and talked to us on a level we could understand. Dr. Williams didn’t rush through the appointment, but rather took time to even discuss other factors of our lifestyles that might help us to work on.... I had an ultrasound during the initial visit to check me so he could have a better understanding of my needs. He also had my husband do a semen analysis to check to see if he was also a factor in our inability to conceive after my previous provider had done numerous IUI’s on us.
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Definitely choose this doctor, even though we haven’t successfully conceived yet, I fully trust he is doing the best to help us through this process.
He was very kind, and professional. I had never seen a doctor while on my monthly cycle and was very nervous, but they treated me better than any provider I have seen.
I had an ultrasound during the initial visit to check me so he could have a better understanding of my needs. He also had my husband do a semen analysis to check to see if he was also a factor in our inability to conceive after my previous provider had done numerous IUI’s on us. Come to find out Dr. Williams discovered my husband not only had low sperm count but also low testosterone. They were able to refer him to see a urologist who is now treating my husband in hopes to raise those numbers, before we proceed to another IUI attempt.
Very kind and considerate of the fact that we had traveled a distance to come to the appointment. They were great with our blood draws as well.
Great practice, only downfall is our insurance doesn’t provide treatment coverage so we are required to pay up front in full at each visit. However I understand this is not their fault but I wish they offered financing options or payment plans.
About $300 for initial visit.

Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
He [Dr. Williams] used layman terms and he makes sure to ask if I’m okay and how I feel about my treatment. He also allows me to ask about different options I have and provides me with very detailed information...He is very informative but always shows compassion and is very understanding of our frustration with infertility. He maintains dignity and walks me through every step when I am having a procedure or scan done...We went through two IUI cycles and with the second cycle I was injected two days before the IUI took place. Before coming to doctor Williams I had a hysteroscopy done to make sure I did not have endometriosis or fibroids or any big cysts. Every visit I have a transvaginal scan done to measure each ovary and see how many possible follicles I have. I am suppose to go every 5th day of my cycle to make sure I can begin taking my letrozole.
Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
Dr. Williams is a well known in the region and has been recognized with numerous awards which lets you know he’s great at what he does. He is very informative but always shows compassion and is very understanding of our frustration with infertility. He maintains dignity and walks me through every step when I am having a procedure or scan done.
Come with a lot of questions and stay off of the internet because sometimes the internet can discourage and it’s no need because Doctor Williams will answer every question entirely to assure you feel comfortable with every procedure or injection.
He used layman terms and he makes sure to ask if I’m okay and how I feel about my treatment. He also allows me to ask about different options I have and provides me with very detailed information. Him and his staff are always so nice and they treat you like you’re family and they are rooting for you every time you have a procedure or injection!
The nursing staff were very welcoming and they showed a lot of compassionate and when we had a failed cycle of IUI or letrezole alone, they were just as down as we were which makes you feel like you are not alone. The nurses can always be reached if an emergency occurs or you need an appointment first thing the next morning. They are also great with emailing and returning phone calls.
The clinic has great parking and even a fitness area in the main lobby. They have their own lab so as soon as your spouse drops off the semen for the analysis it only take 45 minutes for that to be prepared for the IUI . There is a great view off a balcony which I would go to sit when I had a bad visit or was worried about what would happen next.
A single fresh IVF cycle is 8600 IVF freeze all cycle is 13,000 Frozen embryo cycle is 3,000 And they also offer a IVF refund program that involves getting money back for a failed cycle No medications are included in these prices but they do include the anesthesia and so forth for the procedure
They have a very detailed page on all of the services they offer along with prices which include the embryo transfer, freezing of embryos, IUI, IVF and so forth.
Charlottesville

Dr. Williams always remembers who I am and what I am struggling with. Even if that means reading a paper before I come in, it makes a difference. He also meets us at our level. I am a nurse and he talks to me like a medical professional including current evidence based research on infertility. But he also breaks it down so my non-medical professional husband can understand.... We had diagnostic testing first. Then exploratory lap for endo. Found mild case of endo and adjusted the game plan.
Dr. Williams is incredibly knowledgeable about this field. He makes you feel at ease at such a difficult time in life. He doesn’t rush you out of the office if you have questions. I trust his judgement and truly believe that he wants us to make a successful pregnancy as much as we do.
Book him now.
We had diagnostic testing first. Then exploratory lap for endo. Found mild case of endo and adjusted the game plan. Husband also has low morphology. He was seen by urologist and nothing was wrong. Can’t figure out what is causing the low Morph except possible environmental exposure during a deployment. We tried one round of clomid with my body responding fine but no baby. Then 5 more rounds of IUI with no luck. They would have stopped after 4 but I needed to prove six attempts before insurance would pay for ivf. Egg retrieval went well with no complications. However the transfer was disappointing. We did FET due to choosing PGS. My body didn’t respond to the hormones and my uterine lining didn’t grow. I didn’t feel I was fully educated that this was a possibility and came a large disappointment. We went ahead with a transfer with some education on reduction of success due to thin lining. We met with dr Williams again after the failed cycle. He was very kind and shared of disappointment. However he did not dwell on it and shared the plan for next cycle and sounded very hopeful for us, which we desperately needed at that time. We are trying long term Lupron to suppress my endo (even tho it’s a mild case) and attempting another transfer after the first of the year. Fingers crossed as our insurance coverage won’t cover much more after the next transfer.
As a fellow nurse, I can assure you that these ladies are top notch. The office is so busy and they keep things running and sane. They are very skilled at blood draws and are so compassionate. They have given me hugs and tissues more than once. I trust them all with so many aspects of my healthcare.
Strengths: always answer and return calls. Weakness: not everyone who answers is sympathetic to women facing infertility. In terms of finances and overall stress. The insurance coordinator is usually rude. We have two different insurances and the one never seems to get billed. It’s difficult to get clear answers on exactly what I’m paying for with each visit.
As mentioned before, we could never get a straight answer on what we paying for specifically. We have spent almost 17 grand out of pocket including PGS and one transfer. We also have insurance that will cover 15 grand in infertility coverage one time. Tricare covers sporadic things and the office is never able to tell us what they are covering.
Given our age, dr Williams has always encourage single transfer.
Charlottesville

Dr. Williams is warm and friendly, listened to our concerns and came up with a plan we were comfortable. He told us there was no reason to jump into the most expensive and invasive option, but would have allowed it if we wanted to go that route right away. He really cares about his patients.... We are unexplained and 35 years old. Dr. Williams has had us do 3 cycles of TI with letrozole 5mg and 1 IUI with letrozole 5mg but we have not yet been successful. I responded well to the medication, but as with unexplained, we have no idea why it didn't work.
Hurry and make your appointment!
Dr. Williams and his staff are top notch. They are all very warm and caring, and I really believe that their goal is the same as mine...to take home a live baby at the end of all this! I haven't been successful yet, but am confident in Dr. Williams.
We are unexplained and 35 years old. Dr. Williams has had us do 3 cycles of TI with letrozole 5mg and 1 IUI with letrozole 5mg but we have not yet been successful. I responded well to the medication, but as with unexplained, we have no idea why it didn't work. We started out with the cheapest, least invasive option. Lots of other clinics want to put you right to IUI or IVF, but medications do work for a lot of people-Dr. Williams isnt out to just spend your money, like some bigger clinics are!
Very friendly and helpful, I call a lot and ask a ton of questions and the staff is always so prompt at returning calls.
This clinic is great. Clean, easy to find, ample parking. I drive several hours to get to this location when there are several other clinics in my area...that should tell you something about Reproductive Medicine and Surgery Center! :)
Costs are substantially less than the well known fertility clinics in my area. Specifically about a fifth of the price for IUI and half the cost for IVF than another clinic I went to in the DC metro area, where I also went for a consultation and was not impressed with how I was treated at all.
No opinion on this at this time.

Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
Dr Williams greets me in waiting room to come to room himself always smiles shakes hands. Very informative.... Very straight forward, have multiple options and reasons, bought in specialist for my husbands needs so he wouldn’t have to go to creepy hospital.... When Dr Williams couldn’t see me he highly recommended others from office. Didn’t beat around the bush and let us attempt other procedures that wouldn’t Benefit. Great friendly attitude. I looks forward to each visit
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
Always greets at waiting room, hand shakes, lives my husbands sense of humor, brought babysitting children a few times and dr Williams shared a moment with them. Very straight forward, have multiple options and reasons, bought in specialist for my husbands needs so he wouldn’t have to go to creepy hospital. Always smiles and walks to the door. When Dr Williams couldn’t see me he highly recommended others from office. Didn’t beat around the bush and let us attempt other procedures that wouldn’t Benefit. Great friendly attitude. I looks forward to each visit
Go in with an open mind and listen fully as he explains
Reception always friendly and helpful in person and on the phone, nurses as well, greet me by name each time. Dr Williams greets me in waiting room to come to room himself always smiles shakes hands. Very informative.
Repeat HSG, explained that it wouldn’t be painful as before with other dr, same result blocked tube, prescribed 50 mg clomid for 5 days, 25 mg clomid for my husband with low sperm count. Attempted 1 IUI with HCG trigger. Ovulation, 1.9 million sperm Negative test. Dr Williams decided then with the low count of my husband that IVF would be worth a try
Nursing staff always present, reassurance during procedures. Prompt call back after leaving messages, very informative.
All strengths, one hour from home a big plus, easy to locate. Every staff member very friendly and helpful. All reproductive needs can be met in the same building, urologist for the male partner, lab, sensual collection rooms.
For the year at this point, $2800. That includes labs. Meds ultrasounds, IUI, and HSG. All dr visits
Haven’t gotten to that point yet
Charlottesville

He [Dr. Williams] spoke to me in a manner that I could easily understand. He did not speak over my head. He was also approachable and seemed willing to answer my questions. He came down and let us in the building which shocked me when the weekend system failed. I would have expected him to send the nurse. That really impressed me....We went with conservative measures since everything test wise is good
He spoke to me in a manner that I could easily understand. He did not speak over my head. He was also approachable and seemed willing to answer my questions. He came down and let us in the building which shocked me when the weekend system failed. I would have expected him to send the nurse. That really impressed me.
Do your research but trust in what he says, it's served me well.
The staff and doctors are all friendly. They take the time to make sure I understand what the plan is and why.
We did a few cycles of timed intercourse with clomid, no pregnancies. We tried IUI's with clomid, femara, and gonal F (not the same cycle) with no pregnancies as well. We took breaks in between cycles due to our jobs. We went with conservative measures since everything test wise is good. I have good reserves for someone my age.
The entire staff there is great. I interact with Stephanie a great deal since she is the IVF nurse coordinator. She's very friendly and quick to answer any questions I ask. The other nurses are also easy to talk to and treat me like a human. It is very important not to feel like a number. They can even joke a little with me which is important.
The clinic works with me to get my appointments scheduled so that I can minimize my time off. They have weekend hours as well for when ovulation occurs then. That's nice. It's also conveniently located so the trip, which is almost two hours, is rarely wasted on just a doctor visit. That makes the entire situation a tad less stressful. They are prompt and accurate in their billing as well, two critical things.
It varied based on what was done. Our insurance doesn't cover IVF/Infertility. The offices do work with me and bill what insurance covers and I out of pocket the rest.
We are still early in this process. From what I have gathered, he uses clinical evidence and the patients history to decide what is best.

3 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Williams is a very kind doctor. He checks in after hours to see how things are going or to make sure you understand exactly what is going on....The first time I was with dr. Bateman. We did clomid days 5-9 and IUI. I ovulated but no pregnancy. Then we opted to do a laparoscopy because I had questionable fallopian tubes.... Dr. Williams is very compassionate and explains everything in a way that's easy to understand. He truly cares about his patients.
3 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Williams worked very hard to try to get us pregnant. Unfortunately it did not work out for us. He did go above and beyond to try to make it happen. Dr. Williams is very compassionate and explains everything in a way that's easy to understand. He truly cares about his patients.
You won't get to see him every time which is unfortunate because he is the best.
The first time I was with dr. Bateman. We did clomid days 5-9 and IUI. I ovulated but no pregnancy. Then we opted to do a laparoscopy because I had questionable fallopian tubes. I had one tube removed due to ectopic pregnancy which was conceived naturally. The next time we did letrozole and monitoring. I only produced one egg and it was on the side with no tube so we canceled. The next time we did gonal f and letrozole and I produced no follicles. We did ivf with the lupron flare protocol. I had only one egg. It didn't fertilize right away so the did rescue ICSI, but the embryo stopped growing on day 5. We did not transfer. The next time we did 150 iu of gonal f for several days along with cetrotide and letrozole. I had 2 follicles but only one egg retrieved. It fertilized and we transferred on day 3. It did not stick. Now we are changing clinics and doing donor egg.
Stephanie is amazing. She is great. Ashley is also really sweet. The other nurses are great too, but these are the ones I met with most.
We had to meet with all 3 different doctors and that resulted in a lot of confusion for us. They all had different opinions on our outcome and different recommendations on what we should try. This led to a lot of unnecessary strain and stress. We did tell them our complaints and they attempted to straighten things out but it was still terrible to get such different opinions.
They initially told us the iui would be $300 but it was closer to $500. Apparently they don't tell you all the hidden costs involved. We spent $15,000 on a two ivf cycle package plus about $4500 in medications.
No comments...only one egg retrieved each time.
Charlottesville

Dr. Williams was kind, authentic, and strategic. He was creative in problem solving around any setback and was a relentless advocate for me as a patient. He would regularly contact me himself (rather than a nurse) when I had questions or concerns, and clearly demonstrated himself to be fully invested in our family...He is thoughtful and relentless...After 4 unsuccessful cycles with HCG triggers, we attempted IVF unsuccessfully. We then moved to injectables with IUI and we’re successful after several attempts.
Let him be creative. There are often many ways to treat a condition and/or navigate a challenge. He is thoughtful and relentless- just watch him do his thing, and trust as much as you can.
He regularly asked us about what was going on in our lives, remembered small details, etc. He once showed me that he has ever single photo sent to him of every baby he helped parents to conceive. I will never forget that.
After 6 months of clomid with my OB I was immediately switched to letrozol and told to do IUI do to the male factor infertility that was diagnosed at our first appointment. I also had a few other tests. After 4 unsuccessful cycles with HCG triggers, we attempted IVF unsuccessfully. We then moved to injectables with IUI and we’re successful after several attempts.
We were treated like family. They were gentle, compassionate, and kind. They read the room- we’re willing to joke and be chatty when it was right, and could also be just a calm presence when it wasn’t. They were invested and always advocates for us.
This place is a well oiled machine. Somehow they are able to be timely and efficient while still treating everyone thoughtfully and as an individual. Their communication is top-notch and they really work with your financial needs. Beautiful offices, kind people, effective treatments.
They are very up front about costs and will work within what is manageable for you. I had some insurance coverage, so I don’t remember my specific costs.
Dr. Williams regularly said “our goal is to get you ONE healthy baby.” He is cautious about multiples in terms of embryo transfers and even IUI cycles with multiple follicles, which I appreciated.
Charlottesville

After having all of my lab work, Dr Williams performed an HSG, and ordered a semen analysis for my husband. It was determined my tubes we’re open and my husband’s sperm was found to be completely normal. I was diagnosed by Dr. Williams as having PCOS and he recommended IVF as the next step for us...He is very kind, patient and gentle. He is extremely knowledgeable and explains everything clearly in understandable terms.
He is very patient, understanding, and listens to his patient’s concerns. He explains everything in detail and spends an appropriate amount of time to every patient. He doesn’t give you a sense of false hope. He is provides his patients realistic expectations.
Trust him because he is a great doctor who is extremely knowledgeable.
All of the nurses have been extremely caring, compassionate. And helpful to me at all of my visits.
They are extremely patient. All of the doctors seem to work well together. The nursing staff is extremely caring and kind. The Administrative staff were helpful and walked us through every step of the process. You do have to indicate which office you wish to be seen in otherwise they will automatically schedule you in their Charlottesville office.
Most of the laboratory work ordered was covered by insurance. Out of pocket was around $230. I also paid about $750 out of pocket for the HSG. And then $35 co-pay for each visit.
I prefer to do multiple embryo transfer if we have numerous viable embryos.

2008 - 2017
He [Dr. Williams] was very thoughtful and caring. He responds quickly by email and by phone. He took over an hour to speak to my husband and I by phone so that we would not have to return to the clinic for another appointment. He seems to genuinely care about us and wants what is best, but is open and honest about our chances...He made this process so much easier for us by being available whenever we had questions. He never seemed rushed to move on to another appointment and always made us feel like we had his undivided attention.
2008 - 2017
Be open and communicate all of your questions/fears, etc. He will be open and honest with you.
He was very thoughtful and caring. He responds quickly by email and by phone. He took over an hour to speak to my husband and I by phone so that we would not have to return to the clinic for another appointment. He seems to genuinely care about us and wants what is best, but is open and honest about our chances.
I am in the process of getting ready for an IVF treatment now, but we will be doing a frozen embryo transfer. In the past he helped with IUI treatments both with Clomid and injections.
So far our treatment plan has been done through email/phone communication and our nurse has been very quick to respond thoughtfully to all questions and try to accommodate our needs.
Everyone is extremely friendly, helpful and quick to answer questions. They are like family! You know you've made some friends when you call the receptionist and they know your backstory and your name without even asking it. I feel safe and comforted by this clinic.
Our current cycle will be $12,000 with ICSI included. However that does not include medications or my husband's TESE procedure or genetic testing.
We have not gotten to this part of treatment yet.

1 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
You may have to tell him you want the hard truth. Dr. Williams doesn’t like to jump to IVF which is great but for my condition that seemed to be the only route and Dr. Bateman is actually the one who told us this...First a surgery was done to remove my chocolate cysts then we tried naturally for a few months but my endometriosis returned aggressively so we tried IUI then moved onto IVF. My endo causes my ovaries to “kiss” therefore it would make it almost impossible to conceive naturally. We opted to do an egg retrieval to freeze eggs and do a fresh transfer.
1 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Dr.Williams was straight forward with us but always optimistic. He made sure we understood the process we went through. He not only addressed our infertility issues but worked to subside the pain brought on by my endometriosis. I always felt comfortable with Dr. Williams
Dr.Williams always tried to help us keep a positive outlook and when my retrieval resulted in an infection which landed me in UVA he made sure I had the best care.
I love the nursing staff at Martha Jefferson.
Very comfortable small office with excellent staff. We did experience a very long wait past our appointment time however we received a call that the appointment would be at no cost because of this wait which we appreciated very much.
Over 10,000
The doctors seem to encourage single transfers due to the possibility of twins or other multiples and feels like pressure to only do one egg. We chose to do 2 for our fresh transfer which still resulted in 0 babies. I feel like the doctors need to understand 2 babies would be better than never having one...at least for some people.

2009 - 2013
3 IUI, 3 IVF, Egg Freezing, Surrogacy
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Uterine Fibroids, Immunological, Unexplained
2009 - 2013
3 IUI, 3 IVF, Egg Freezing, Surrogacy
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Uterine Fibroids, Immunological, Unexplained
I had no negative experiences at all with Dr. Williams. He was knowledgeable, kind, caring and competent. He went above and beyond with helping me decide things. Most doctors would have given you the facts and then said it's up to you, but he talked the whole situation through with me on more than a medical level. He also joined me in our state's capitol to help fight negative IVF legislation, so I was thrilled to see him outside of the clinic. He was extremely compassionate towards our situation and when we miscarried.
Nothing, really. You are in good hands.
I loved Dr. Williams. I saw him for many years, so we developed a relationship along the way. My husband and I felt that he truly cared for us. He went above and beyond when I was desperate and wanted to try crazy things. We went above and beyond helping talk me through decisions. He even showed up at our state capitol building to speak out against personhood. It was great to have him there fighting with me outside of the clinic. I always felt that he treated me as an individual and was very sympathetic through our many losses.
He tailored it to me each time. I was always successful in producing many eggs, and subsequently many high quality embryos.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine and Surgery Center of Virginia. (Assigned nurse: Bonnie)
Overall, they did a good job, but there were a few snafus from time to time that don't seem like a big deal now, but were very upsetting to me at the time.
Charlottesville

He [Dr. Williams] was very warm and took the time to answer all of questions. He also explained treatments and next further steps. He came highly recommended from a friend and they also regarded him very highly. We had multiple visits and are still undergoing treatment.... After trying for over a year we went to Dr. Williams with unexplained infertility. We did 4 months of 5 mg letrozol. One was an IUI. Nothing has worked so far and are still going back for more treatment.
He was very warm and took the time to answer all of questions. He also explained treatments and next further steps. He came highly recommended from a friend and they also regarded him very highly. We had multiple visits and are still undergoing treatment.
Make an appointment - hes a good doctor.
He was nice.
They are nice and competent and were really patient with my wife who is a big ninny when it comes to getting her blood drawn.
They are open 363 days a year for cycling patients. Huge perk being open all the time. Located in Charlottesville - kind of far from us but we make it work to the best of our ability. We like it enough to drive two hours one way per visit so that should speak volumes.
IUI is $500. Much cheaper than the clinics in NoVA... we are probably 5X more expensive.
He didn't talk to us about it.
Charlottesville

Dr. Williams always speaks plainly, gently and used his own experiences to show empathy. I feel like our best interest is what he wants as well....Kind, compassionate, good listener. I have no complaints. I had 3 very intrusive fibroids removed and Dr. Williams did the surgery. He was very clear with expectations for after surgery as well as possible complications....intent to call him in a couple months to update him and discuss medication use.
I feel I have done that with previous answers. Kind, compassionate, good listener. I have no complaints. I had 3 very intrusive fibroids removed and Dr. Williams did the surgery. He was very clear with expectations for after surgery as well as possible complications.
No advice. He's wonderful.
Had a lot of blood tests to rule out genetic issues,etc. After ultrasounds showing fibroids and the pain they presented it was decided to have them removed in the hopes of making conception faster and keeping a pregnancy. With the intent to call him in a couple months to update him and discuss medication use.
Everyone was very kind, courteous and professional.
I have no complaints. They are wonderful and respectful of feelings and personal information. I like that I see the same Dr. every time. I have anxiety with Dr.'s and being able to have the same one each time helps me cope a lot better.
Can't remember
Charlottesville

He is very kind a caring. He fully explains everything you need to know about the procedure and likelihood of conceiving. The only negative is it he is very popular and is often very busy and hard to schedule appointments with. Dr. Williams is one of the best doctors I've worked with and I greatly trust his opinion...I started with 50 mg of Clomid then hundred milligrams then 150 mg. Next we are the trigger shot. And up my Clomid to 200 mg.
Call ahead Early to schedule an appointment.
He is a kind, caring man. He always listens and is very supportive
Monica is the best nurse ever. She is kind caring and compassionate
Our clinic is good they work well at scheduling appointments and following up with patients. They work hard to make sure that their staff available to help at all times of the day and all days of the week

2013
2013
Sensitive, kind, soothing, humorous if the situation called for it.
Be honest with how you're feeling and don't hesitate for a moment to ask a question if you think it's important.
Dr. Williams and the entire team at RMSCVA knew me by name and face and treated me like I was the only patient that mattered. I was never rushed through appointments and never made to feel like my thoughts, opinions or ideas were stupid. When there were issues or questions regarding my treatment plan, Dr. Williams called me personally and spend 30 minutes on the phone discussing my options calmly and patiently. I cannot say enough positive things about my experience.
If I cried, they cried with me. If I laughed, they laughed with me. When it was time to be discharged to my regular OB they hugged me like they were saying goodbye to a family member.
Charlottesville

[Dr. Christopher Williams] would always read up on my file before meeting. He took time to personally call me and discuss our plan...is helpful and supportive of my plan. He always makes me feel comfortable and makes sure I understand the next step in the process. He takes time to answer all my questions and calm my anxieties...Ask questions! Dr. Williams is very knowledgeable and there to help!...you may see several doctors, especially during mid cycle monitoring.
Dr. Williams is helpful and supportive of my plan. He always makes me feel comfortable and makes sure I understand the next step in the process. He takes time to answer all my questions and calm my anxieties.
Ask questions! Dr. Williams is very knowledgeable and there to help!
Dr. Williams would always read up on my file before meeting. He took time to personally call me and discuss our plan.
At RMSCVA you may see several doctors, especially during mid cycle monitoring. Some doctors are more thorough than others, which is frustrating. However, the staff has always been super helpful. If I have a question, I can call and the nurses always call back quickly.