9.9

Lynchburg
114 Nationwide Dr
Lynchburg, VA 24502
434-654-8520

Treatment is ongoing [with Dr. Christopher Williams], but we've started with clomid with ultrasound monitoring and HCG trigger...He is warm but clear. He remembers personal details about me that make me feel like he sees his patients as people not just a chart...thorough and compassionate. I always feel comfortable with him and that he knows what he's doing! Appointments are to the point and fairly quick, but I never felt rushed. He takes time to answer questions and make sure we understood what was going on.
[Nurses at Reproductive Medicine and Surgery Center of Virginia are] Very quick and efficient. Always followed up...I was able to get an appointment quickly. They did the hsg in house. Getting blood taken or ultrasounds is always very quick. Clean, nice offices. Easy location in pantops with parking. Only thing I don't like is the music in the waiting room...Treatment is ongoing, but we've started with clomid with ultrasound monitoring and HCG trigger.
How was your experience with Christopher Williams at Virginia Fertility & IVF (FKA Reproductive Medicine & Surgery Center of VA)?
Dr Williams is clear, thorough and compassionate. I always feel comfortable with him and that he knows what he's doing! Appointments are to the point and fairly quick, but I never felt rushed. He takes time to answer questions and make sure we understood what was going on.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Christopher Williams at Virginia Fertility & IVF (FKA Reproductive Medicine & Surgery Center of VA)?
Come with questions
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Christopher Williams at Virginia Fertility & IVF (FKA Reproductive Medicine & Surgery Center of VA)?
Describe the protocols Christopher Williams used in your cycles at Virginia Fertility & IVF (FKA Reproductive Medicine & Surgery Center of VA) and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Virginia Fertility & IVF (FKA Reproductive Medicine & Surgery Center of VA).
Very quick and efficient. Always followed up.
Describe your experience with Virginia Fertility & IVF (FKA Reproductive Medicine & Surgery Center of VA).
Describe the costs associated with your care under Christopher Williams at Virginia Fertility & IVF (FKA Reproductive Medicine & Surgery Center of VA).
Hsg was around $700 before insurance. Iui is $445 plus medication, etc.
Charlottesville
He is very kind a caring. He fully explains everything you need to know about the procedure and likelihood of conceiving. The only negative is it he is very popular and is often very busy and hard to schedule appointments with. Dr. Williams is one of the best doctors I've worked with and I greatly trust his opinion...I started with 50 mg of Clomid then hundred milligrams then 150 mg. Next we are the trigger shot. And up my Clomid to 200 mg.
Our clinic [Repro Med Surgery Ctr of VA] is good they work well at scheduling appointments and following up with patients. They work hard to make sure that their staff available to help at all times of the day and all days of the week... Monica is the best nurse ever. She is kind caring and compassionate... Call ahead Early to schedule an appointment.... Dr. Williams is one of the best doctors I've worked with and I greatly trust his opinion
Call ahead Early to schedule an appointment.
He is a kind, caring man. He always listens and is very supportive
Monica is the best nurse ever. She is kind caring and compassionate
Our clinic is good they work well at scheduling appointments and following up with patients. They work hard to make sure that their staff available to help at all times of the day and all days of the week

2013, Successful
Sensitive, kind, soothing, humorous if the situation called for it.
Be honest with how you're feeling and don't hesitate for a moment to ask a question if you think it's important.
Dr. Williams and the entire team at RMSCVA knew me by name and face and treated me like I was the only patient that mattered. I was never rushed through appointments and never made to feel like my thoughts, opinions or ideas were stupid. When there were issues or questions regarding my treatment plan, Dr. Williams called me personally and spend 30 minutes on the phone discussing my options calmly and patiently. I cannot say enough positive things about my experience.
If I cried, they cried with me. If I laughed, they laughed with me. When it was time to be discharged to my regular OB they hugged me like they were saying goodbye to a family member.

2013 - 2015, Successful
[Dr. Christopher Williams] was a wonderful doctor, and took his time, and very professional, and a "normal" person, and made us feel like we were important, and not like a number! He was very helpful, in answering any question or concerns that we may have had. I had blocked tubes, and he performed surgery, and was unable to unblock them. When he told me he was very professional about it, and compassioned and caring and explained it to my husband and I in a way that we could understand, and told us about other options that we had. I went back for my follow up, and again he was very professional, and kind, and explained to us about IVF, and how it worked, and it was A LOT to take it, but he explained it to us very well, and was very informative about the IVF, and used words that we understood. Two unsuccessful fresh cycle, and one frozen transfer later we now have a beautiful 3-year-old daughter Maddie Grace! My husband and I cannot say enough of good things about Dr. William! He truly is a wonderful “normal” person, and treated us like a person and not a number! Blessed and Thankful for him and the team that he has!
Stephanie [nurse at RMSC of Virginia] was AMAZING she was ALWAYS VERY helpful, for when i did not understand at what i exactly needed to do, or the 10 thousand emails i would send her about random thing, and always from prompt about getting back with me. She was truly a very compassionate and caring person who i felt like really did care. such a caring soul!...has it together, and are all very knowledgeable group. I think sometimes they have a communication problem between them, but that is normal. That they should not give up and this group will do anything and everything to try and help you and your family.
r. Christopher Williams was a wonderful doctor, and took his time, and very professional, and a "normal" person, and made us feel like we were important, and not like a number! He was very helpful, in answering any question or concerns that we may have had. I had blocked tubes, and he performed surgery, and was unable to unblock them. When he told me he was very professional about it, and compassioned and caring and explained it to my husband and I in a way that we could understand, and told us about other options that we had. I went back for my follow up, and again he was very professional, and kind, and explained to us about IVF, and how it worked, and it was A LOT to take it, but he explained it to us very well, and was very informative about the IVF, and used words that we understood. Two unsuccessful fresh cycle, and one frozen transfer later we now have a beautiful 3-year-old daughter Maddie Grace! My husband and I cannot say enough of good things about Dr. William! He truly is a wonderful “normal” person, and treated us like a person and not a number! Blessed and Thankful for him and the team that he has!
Try not to get peoples hopes up, it hard enough not being about to have child, and then you are giving hope, and does not happen right away. That was one of the hardest things was for it not to work the first time. Fabulous group of people!
it has been so long ago i do not recall all. they did 2 fresh cycles and a frozen transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Virginia Fertility & IVF (FKA Reproductive Medicine & Surgery Center of VA). (Assigned nurse: Stephaine Barrix)
Stephanie was AMAZING she was ALWAYS VERY helpful, for when i did not understand at what i exactly needed to do, or the 10 thousand emails i would send her about random thing, and always from prompt about getting back with me. She was truly a very compassionate and caring person who i felt like really did care. such a caring soul! Thankful for everything that she did for us.
they clinic has it together, and are all very knowledgeable group. I think sometimes they have a communication problem between them, but that is normal. That they should not give up and this group will do anything and everything to try and help you and your family.
i would say that we had easily put at least $20,000 in to.
Describe Christopher Williams's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Virginia Fertility & IVF (FKA Reproductive Medicine & Surgery Center of VA).
if i recall he recommended 2 at a time with both fresh cycles then with the frozen we only wanted to do one!
Charlottesville

He [Dr. Christopher Williams] listens to any concerns you have and returns phone calls promptly on the weekends...As a patient he has been wonderful. He takes time to explain and questions you have. He is very understanding and compassionate when we faced a chemical pregnancy. If there were any issues on the weekend he was able to be reached...Make sure to ask plenty of questions-he will take the time to answer them...We only had one to transfer each time.
The strengths [at Reproductive Medicine and Surgery Center of Virginia] are definitely the doctors. They are all amazing. The procedure staff and nurses were all so sweet and caring. They take very good care of you. The weakness would be communication. When you call during ivf you could never get the ivf nurses on the phone. You would have to leave a message and it took hours for a call back...We qualified for a shared cost program with icsi for 23900 for 6 cycles and unlimited frozen. Every time anesthesia there was additional charges.
Make sure to ask plenty of questions-he will take the time to answer them.
Dr. Williams is very compassionate and understanding. He listens to any concerns you have and returns phone calls promptly on the weekends.
We used gonal f 450 every night with a trigger shot of hcg.
The nursing staff for the procedure rooms were absolutely amazing. Unfortunately the ivf nurses that you deal with on the phone were hard to reach at times. If you had questions for the doctor they would answer instead of asking him his opinion.
The strengths are definitely the doctors. They are all amazing. The procedure staff and nurses were all so sweet and caring. They take very good care of you. The weakness would be communication. When you call during ivf you could never get the ivf nurses on the phone. You would have to leave a message and it took hours for a call back.
We only had one to transfer each time.
Charlottesville

The only part of the office [Repro Med & Surg Ctr of VA] that I occasionally do not like, is the cabinet of onsies in one of the rooms. ... The nurse are always comforting and know just what to say. Fertility issues, testing and treatment can be so overwhelming. I know I am an emotional wreck everytime i come into the office. Its the little things they do to take your mind off of everything that matters. They are super quick to call back when i have questions or concerns too.
Dr. Williams has always gone out of the way to describe what is going on. He comes up with a treatment plan and has been able to answere all of my questions even before We can ask them. He is also very understanding about my emotions.
Don't be afraid to ask question if you are confused. Dr. Williams encourages questions!
The receptionist are friendly and remeber you. The staff take the time to explain anything you have a question on.
Dr. Williams diagnosed my hydrosalpinx in the first visit. We scheduled a HSG test where we discoved that one tube was fully blocked and the other tube only had a pin prick of an opening. We scheduled A laparoscopic surgery where unfortunately my left tube had to be removed, my right to was reconstructed, although the fimbriae were damaged amf only at about 50% . Scar tissue was also removed from my ovaries, bowels and liver. After I was finished healing, I requested another HSG test to make sure that my right tube stayed open. They were happy to do this and got me in right away. Our first medicated cycle was with a 5mg dose of letrozole. I had one mature egg this cycle, and we did timed intercourse. My second medicated cycle had to be delayed because I grew some rather large ovarian cysts, which I am prone to. So we skipped a month. The following month we did 7.5mg letrozole a long with a trigger shot. This cycle I also only had 1 mature egg. The 3rd cycle we did 7.5mg of letrozole, a trigger shot and gonal-f injection. We had 2 mature eggs this cycle. Unfortunately none of these resulted in a pregnancy. Our plan is to go to a more aggressive treatment. I trust Dr. Williams and I truely believe that if anyone can help us extend our family, it is him and his associates at his office.
We normally come in for our appointments right around lunch, so the office always smells amazing. They are super eager to help us find a new lunch spot, which helps take my mind off of everything else. We live about an hour and half away from our office so we dont know any local restaurants. The nurse are always comforting and know just what to say. Fertility issues, testing and treatment can be so overwhelming. I know I am an emotional wreck everytime i come into the office. Its the little things they do to take your mind off of everything that matters. They are super quick to call back when i have questions or concerns too.
When you walk into the office waiting room its super inviting. Couches chairs and magazines. The first visit will be a consultation,which was much more thorough than my last doctor. There are pamphlets lining the wall near the check out of pretty much anything you need. DR. Williams has even published a book 'The fastest way to get pregnant naturally' which of course I bought. While it didn't help me due to my other issues, it was nice to read. It helped to to see his point of views before i actually saw him as my doctor. The only part of the office that I occasionally do not like, is the cabinet of onsies in one of the rooms. They are adorable and heartbreaking at the same time. Sometimes i see them as the finish line and sometimes, when I'm at a low point they taunt me...thats the negativity that comes out in me sometime, and i hope most people are able to stay positive durring their TTC journey.
No matter where you go, fertility treatment will be expensive. My ultrasound appointments were 1/2 the cost of my previous office. They also are 100% upfront about the cost. They have always broke it down step by step for me and made sure we were comfortable with the cost of the treatment before we started it.
Charlottesville

Dr.Williams does everything in his power to make your dream a reality. If you have a set back he is right there with you and helps you every step of the way and ensures you that we still have many options and things ahead and that we will indeed get there.... I have PCOS, therefore my FSH (follicle stimulating horomone) is not strong enough to make my eggs grow to the size they need to be without help from medications therefore we tried clomid no luck, femara no luck, went to Gonal F up to the highest does and overstimulated so then we knew where our dosage was.
The clinic [RMSC] is FANTASTIC! They are so well rounded and the people are so great. Make sure to stay on top of your insurance and if they cover and what you may owe so you arent surprised with major bills. Other than that please see this clinic and let them help on your journey!... They are the best and anytime I called and was worried or didnt understand or had questions they were always there even if they had to call you back. They are so compassionate and loving! They really make you feel like you are part of a family not a doctors office.
Listen and follow everything Dr.Williams says. He has done this so long and helped so many people he surely knows everything to help you get to where you need to be.
Dr.Williams is so great and he is there to make your dreams a reality. He looks into every situation and works with you in all things that you are trying to do. An amazing doctor for sure!
I have PCOS, therefore my FSH (follicle stimulating horomone) is not strong enough to make my eggs grow to the size they need to be without help from medications therefore we tried clomid no luck, femara no luck, went to Gonal F up to the highest does and overstimulated so then we knew where our dosage was. Treated again ovulated but a negative pregnancy test.
AMAZING! They are the best and anytime I called and was worried or didnt understand or had questions they were always there even if they had to call you back. They are so compassionate and loving! They really make you feel like you are part of a family not a doctors office.
The clinic is FANTASTIC! They are so well rounded and the people are so great. Make sure to stay on top of your insurance and if they cover and what you may owe so you arent surprised with major bills. Other than that please see this clinic and let them help on your journey!
Most insurance like mine do not cover any fertility items. Therefore everything was out of pocket. Medications alone are so expensive. We are just currently finishing Gonal injections with normal ovulation and intercourse. Last year alone we have put about $6000 into these treatments and we are not even to IUI or IVF yet. So please be prepared for the cost and process of cost.

2015 - 2016, Unsuccessful
You may have to tell him you want the hard truth. Dr. Williams doesn’t like to jump to IVF which is great but for my condition that seemed to be the only route and Dr. Bateman is actually the one who told us this...First a surgery was done to remove my chocolate cysts then we tried naturally for a few months but my endometriosis returned aggressively so we tried IUI then moved onto IVF. My endo causes my ovaries to “kiss” therefore it would make it almost impossible to conceive naturally. We opted to do an egg retrieval to freeze eggs and do a fresh transfer.
I love the nursing staff at Martha Jefferson [Reproductive Medicine and Surgery Center of Virginia]...The doctors seem to encourage single transfers due to the possibility of twins or other multiples and feels like pressure to only do one egg. We chose to do 2 for our fresh transfer which still resulted in 0 babies...Very comfortable small office with excellent staff. We did experience a very long wait past our appointment time however we received a call that the appointment would be at no cost because of this wait which we appreciated very much.
Dr.Williams was straight forward with us but always optimistic. He made sure we understood the process we went through. He not only addressed our infertility issues but worked to subside the pain brought on by my endometriosis. I always felt comfortable with Dr. Williams
Dr.Williams always tried to help us keep a positive outlook and when my retrieval resulted in an infection which landed me in UVA he made sure I had the best care.
I love the nursing staff at Martha Jefferson.
Over 10,000
The doctors seem to encourage single transfers due to the possibility of twins or other multiples and feels like pressure to only do one egg. We chose to do 2 for our fresh transfer which still resulted in 0 babies. I feel like the doctors need to understand 2 babies would be better than never having one...at least for some people.
Charlottesville

[Dr. Christopher Williams] would always read up on my file before meeting. He took time to personally call me and discuss our plan...is helpful and supportive of my plan. He always makes me feel comfortable and makes sure I understand the next step in the process. He takes time to answer all my questions and calm my anxieties...Ask questions! Dr. Williams is very knowledgeable and there to help!...you may see several doctors, especially during mid cycle monitoring.
At RMSCVA you may see several doctors, especially during mid cycle monitoring. Some doctors are more thorough than others, which is frustrating. However, the staff has always been super helpful. If I have a question, I can call and the nurses always call back quickly...[Dr. Christopher Williams] would always read up on my file before meeting. He took time to personally call me and discuss our plan...is helpful and supportive of my plan. He always makes me feel comfortabl
Dr. Williams is helpful and supportive of my plan. He always makes me feel comfortable and makes sure I understand the next step in the process. He takes time to answer all my questions and calm my anxieties.
Ask questions! Dr. Williams is very knowledgeable and there to help!
Dr. Williams would always read up on my file before meeting. He took time to personally call me and discuss our plan.