9.9

114 Nationwide Dr
Lynchburg, VA 24502
434-654-8520

2018 - 2022, Successful
The [Virginia Fertility & IVF] office rarely has staff turn over which I think speaks highly of the clinic and doctors that work in that office. It's so nice to walk in and be recognized at your appointments...he office does an outstanding job of explaining every process, every financial expectation, and every appointment. I have never once been surprised by my what my next steps would in the process, or how much a visit/procedure or medication was going to cost me.
How was your experience with Christopher Williams at Virginia Fertility & IVF (FKA Reproductive Medicine & Surgery Center of VA)?
When we first started seeing Dr. Williams back in 2018 he took the time to thoroughly review my chart and sit down with my husband and I to explain why we were potentially having the issues conceiving. He explained every procedure and set along the way and we happy conceived our first child after only a couple of months of medication therapy. When we decided we wanted to expand our family last year 2021 we scheduled a follow up appointment with Dr. Williams to review what steps we needed to take this time around. He again sat down with us and explained our game plan. Unfortunately we have not been as successful this go around (currently completing our first round of IVF) but he has been very responses and compassionate the whole way through.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Christopher Williams at Virginia Fertility & IVF (FKA Reproductive Medicine & Surgery Center of VA)?
Nothing that I can think of, I think that Dr. Williams does such a great job with his care and communication with his patients, there is nothing unexpected with him.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Christopher Williams at Virginia Fertility & IVF (FKA Reproductive Medicine & Surgery Center of VA)?
Dr. Williams has been the most caring thoughtful physician through this hard time in our lives. We had previously seen a fertility specialist in our hometown for the issues we were experiencing with very negative results. There is a reason we will gladly travel 2 hours from home to see the doctors at Virginia Fertility and IVA rather than being seen closer to home.
Describe the protocols Christopher Williams used in your cycles at Virginia Fertility & IVF (FKA Reproductive Medicine & Surgery Center of VA) and their degree of success.
As previously mentioned in 2018 we did medication therapy with Letrozole for two months before we conceived our first child. He explained that coupled with metformin (which I was already taking at the recommendation of my OB/GYN) is a common first step treatment with PCOS and recurrent pregnancy loss. When we started seeing him last year 2021 we started the same treatment again, with the same mindset as before, however after 5 months of medication therapy we discussed the natural next steps of IUI. After 2 failed rounds of IUI he recommended we consider IVF so we began the injection therapy for the egg retrieval process which we completed on 3/27/2022. I'm currently in the down regulation phase of the IVF cycle currently taking birth control and waiting authorization status of the Lupron injections.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Virginia Fertility & IVF (FKA Reproductive Medicine & Surgery Center of VA). (Assigned nurse: Kari and Tara for my IVF cycle otherwise I just talk to the clinic nurse)
The office rarely has staff turn over which I think speaks highly of the clinic and doctors that work in that office. It's so nice to walk in and be recognized at your appointments no matter the length of time in between being seen.
Describe your experience with Virginia Fertility & IVF (FKA Reproductive Medicine & Surgery Center of VA).
None, I think the office does an outstanding job of explaining every process, every financial expectation, and every appointment. I have never once been surprised by my what my next steps would in the process, or how much a visit/procedure or medication was going to cost me.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Christopher Williams at Virginia Fertility & IVF (FKA Reproductive Medicine & Surgery Center of VA).
Yes, we were provided our benefits coverage when we first started going back in 2018. Then we decided to expand our family last year 2021, they took the time to contact me prior to my appointment to review by benefits at length with me again. Then before we started IVF therapy we again contacted by the financial counselor in their office and she provided a breakdown of coverages and out of pocket expenses.

2021 - 2022, Unsuccessful
Each visit I had with him he [Dr. Christopher Williams] spoke to me like a human being. He made sure to address my concerns of how we were still not conceiving even when doing everything correctly and as he instructed. He made sure to answer every question myself or my husband had an took the time to really explain the processes to us.
I don’t think regarding my care, that there are any weaknesses. It’s pricey... we struggle with that aspect. They [Virginia Fertility & IVF] do a good job of explaining costs up front, which is helpful...I have zero complaints about the nursing staff. I feel like through this process they truly show the empathy I need. They are prompt in rooming me. They respond quickly to any calls I make or portal messages I send.
Each visit I had with him he spoke to me like a human being. He made sure to address my concerns of how we were still not conceiving even when doing everything correctly and as he instructed. He made sure to answer every question myself or my husband had an took the time to really explain the processes to us.
Take notes. This is such a vigorous process that I found myself needing to write down EVERYTHING.
My first appointment was scheduled for 2pm. I drove over an hour and a half to the appt, to park in the parking lot, and receive a call telling me that I no-showed my 11am appt with their office with Dr. Smith.. I had a breakdown in the car and was sobbing because trying to have a baby means so much to me and my husband and going to this appt was a big deal... they tried telling me I missed my appt and would need to reschedule for two weeks from that date.... I called my husband who unfortunately had to work and couldn’t go with me to the appt and he called the office and explained how upset I was and that I had confirmed the time and date of this very important appt numerous times and we know that there’s no way I would no show this appt.... the office manager ended up calling me after they spoke to my husband and Dr. Williams had agreed to see me immediately. I walked into the office, still crying because of the prior chaos only to be greeted by Dr. Williams himself, he escorted me personally back to his office and apologized for the offices error and immediately we dove into my prior fertility diagnosis, medical history, and began my formal work up with him.
We have done NUMEROUS medicated cycles. Most cycles we have to induce a period with progesterone since I have PCOS and don’t have regular cycles, then I do a ten day course of Letrozole 7.5mg, a trigger injection, and typically 2-4 ultrasounds to monitor everything.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Virginia Fertility & IVF (FKA Reproductive Medicine & Surgery Center of VA).
I don’t think regarding my care, that there are any weaknesses. It’s pricey... we struggle with that aspect. They do a good job of explaining costs up front, which is helpful when my husband and I need to sit down and discuss how to financially afford another cycle.
Typically each medicated cycle my husband and I are able to acquire money for, it runs us at least $500.. the doctors have been suggestion we consider IUI or IVF. But a single IUI cycle will run us about $1400, and we can’t afford that.
Describe Christopher Williams's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Virginia Fertility & IVF (FKA Reproductive Medicine & Surgery Center of VA).
Charlottesville

Don’t wait to go see him! I travel about two hours one way and I wish I had went to him first. He found and surgically treated my uterine septum almost instantaneously....within the first two months. My previous doctor never diagnosed my septum the entire treatment course ... He is very thorough in assessment and treatment. He makes sure that I am able to understand the plan of care and am comfortable. I have never felt rushed or like I’m a number. He answers my questions, no matter how many and makes sure we are in agreement
Dealing with a different practice makes me appreciate them [Repro MEd & Surg Center of VA] so much more. Once they have an assessment, they do not hesitate in moving forward with treatment, IF you are ready and agreeable. They are upfront with cost and seek your input of how to proceed ... Each one [nurse] “specializes” in an area. So the nurse that is present during diagnostics also draws all blood (she’s a great stick too).
I have never felt rushed during any appointment. He always makes sure all of my questions are answered and that we understand all the information. I wish I would have found him sooner!
During my initial consult, I had an ultrasound performed along with bloodwork. This happened is one appointment and in one location. I didn’t have to run around to accomplish all of these things. Before I left the first day, my next appointment was set up for an HSG. Afterwards, my MRI and surgery was scheduled all within two months. I love that there is weekend availability for transplantation and insemination!
The nurses have been so amazing! Each one “specializes” in an area. So the nurse that is present during diagnostics also draws all blood (she’s a great stick too).
They are simply amazing! Dealing with a different practice makes me appreciate them so much more. Once they have an assessment, they do not hesitate in moving forward with treatment, IF you are ready and agreeable. They are upfront with cost and seek your input of how to proceed
Copay and deductible after insurance
Charlottesville

The only part of the office [Repro Med & Surg Ctr of VA] that I occasionally do not like, is the cabinet of onsies in one of the rooms. ... The nurse are always comforting and know just what to say. Fertility issues, testing and treatment can be so overwhelming. I know I am an emotional wreck everytime i come into the office. Its the little things they do to take your mind off of everything that matters. They are super quick to call back when i have questions or concerns too.
Dr. Williams has always gone out of the way to describe what is going on. He comes up with a treatment plan and has been able to answere all of my questions even before We can ask them. He is also very understanding about my emotions.
Don't be afraid to ask question if you are confused. Dr. Williams encourages questions!
The receptionist are friendly and remeber you. The staff take the time to explain anything you have a question on.
Dr. Williams diagnosed my hydrosalpinx in the first visit. We scheduled a HSG test where we discoved that one tube was fully blocked and the other tube only had a pin prick of an opening. We scheduled A laparoscopic surgery where unfortunately my left tube had to be removed, my right to was reconstructed, although the fimbriae were damaged amf only at about 50% . Scar tissue was also removed from my ovaries, bowels and liver. After I was finished healing, I requested another HSG test to make sure that my right tube stayed open. They were happy to do this and got me in right away. Our first medicated cycle was with a 5mg dose of letrozole. I had one mature egg this cycle, and we did timed intercourse. My second medicated cycle had to be delayed because I grew some rather large ovarian cysts, which I am prone to. So we skipped a month. The following month we did 7.5mg letrozole a long with a trigger shot. This cycle I also only had 1 mature egg. The 3rd cycle we did 7.5mg of letrozole, a trigger shot and gonal-f injection. We had 2 mature eggs this cycle. Unfortunately none of these resulted in a pregnancy. Our plan is to go to a more aggressive treatment. I trust Dr. Williams and I truely believe that if anyone can help us extend our family, it is him and his associates at his office.
We normally come in for our appointments right around lunch, so the office always smells amazing. They are super eager to help us find a new lunch spot, which helps take my mind off of everything else. We live about an hour and half away from our office so we dont know any local restaurants. The nurse are always comforting and know just what to say. Fertility issues, testing and treatment can be so overwhelming. I know I am an emotional wreck everytime i come into the office. Its the little things they do to take your mind off of everything that matters. They are super quick to call back when i have questions or concerns too.
When you walk into the office waiting room its super inviting. Couches chairs and magazines. The first visit will be a consultation,which was much more thorough than my last doctor. There are pamphlets lining the wall near the check out of pretty much anything you need. DR. Williams has even published a book 'The fastest way to get pregnant naturally' which of course I bought. While it didn't help me due to my other issues, it was nice to read. It helped to to see his point of views before i actually saw him as my doctor. The only part of the office that I occasionally do not like, is the cabinet of onsies in one of the rooms. They are adorable and heartbreaking at the same time. Sometimes i see them as the finish line and sometimes, when I'm at a low point they taunt me...thats the negativity that comes out in me sometime, and i hope most people are able to stay positive durring their TTC journey.
No matter where you go, fertility treatment will be expensive. My ultrasound appointments were 1/2 the cost of my previous office. They also are 100% upfront about the cost. They have always broke it down step by step for me and made sure we were comfortable with the cost of the treatment before we started it.
Charlottesville

Dr. Williams is kind and informative. He is blunt, but in a compassionate way. He also makes you feel comfortable and wants you to ask questions. He's explained more to me than other doctors have. He explained risks that i might have due to being a cancer survivor, kindly explained each course of treatment, and was quick to share lab information....I informed him on my first visit that i was a cancer survivor and also chlomid resistant. He actually listened to me. He started with a check of my ovaries to make sure i had eggs and that there was no damage to my ovaries.
The clinic [RMSC] is clean, the front desk staff are friendly and helpful. One of the best things to me is that they have a lab for SA and procedure rooms all on the same floor, which is convenient. They also have an online portal where you can do the majority of first day paperwork digitally instead of having to do it all during your first appointment... The nursing staff are all kind, compassionate, and informative. They don't treat you like they're in a hurry, they take their time with you.
Do not be afraid to ask all of your questions. He is very knowledgeable and wants you to be informed.
He takes the time to explain things in detail. I never feel nervous about asking questions.
I informed him on my first visit that i was a cancer survivor and also chlomid resistant. He actually listened to me. He started with a check of my ovaries to make sure i had eggs and that there was no damage to my ovaries. Something no other doctor has done in my 25 years of remission. He started me on 7.5 mg of letrozole on days 5-9 to start. The next cycle it was 7.5 again, plus trigger shot. The next cycle was 7.5 again, but I ovulated before the trigger shot. That cycle failed as well. On my current cycle he stated he is getting more aggressive. I will now do 7.5 on letrozole days 3-12, 5 mg of prednisone, and trigger shot.
The nursing staff are all kind, compassionate, and informative. They don't treat you like they're in a hurry, they take their time with you. They also want to make sure you fully understand the course of treatment. They're also supportive when you come back in after another failed cycle. The downside is that sometimes they're is a bit of a wait for a call back for various results or answers to questions, but that is understandable.
The clinic is clean, the front desk staff are friendly and helpful. One of the best things to me is that they have a lab for SA and procedure rooms all on the same floor, which is convenient. They also have an online portal where you can do the majority of first day paperwork digitally instead of having to do it all during your first appointment .
I have no fertility coverage through my insurance. For an ultrasound and bloodwork it is around $300 every time i go. Plus the cost of meds. On my income, that is pretty difficult to handle since I go sometimes twice a month for these things.
What specific things went wrong at Virginia Fertility & IVF (FKA Reproductive Medicine & Surgery Center of VA)?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Virginia Fertility & IVF (FKA Reproductive Medicine & Surgery Center of VA).
One cycle i got a positive opk at home, but during an ultrasound a few days later, they told me i didn't ovulate and that it was a failed cycle. I believe this assumption was made because i ovulated late during my last cycle and then early this cycle. I believed i did ovulate and they did bloodwork. I got the results the next day confirming that i did ovulate.
Charlottesville

[Dr. Christopher Williams has a] Great bedside manner. He always makes sure that you understand the treatment that he recommends and that you feel comfortable with his recommendations. Very respectful. You can tell that he obviously cares about you as a person and wants a positive outcome on for every cycle and does everything that he can to keep you positive. Always lets you know that he is there if you have any questions or concerns at any time. I highly recommend Dr. Williams!
Luckily I haven’t found any weaknesses about the office [Reproductive Medicine and Surgery Center of Virginia]...The front desk is always polite and good about getting your appointment scheduled promptly if needed. Very clean office. Wait times are not bad at all. Nurses are good about returning your call if you leave a message with a question or concern. Doctors focus on you 100% when you are in the office...Everyone is very helpful and nice. Great bedside manner and there for you with anything that they can help you with! They are there for you as the patient and spouse!
From the first visit with Dr. Williams I always have felt comfortable. He makes sure to address all questions and concerns and explain them to make sure that my Husband and I understood. Every time we are there for a visit he focused 100% on us when we were in the office. He’s very caring and cares deeply about his patients and wants what’s best. Even when treatments don’t go as planned he’s there and ready to go forward with the next necessary steps. He does a great job at keeping you positive even when it feels like everything is falling through and makes sure you have the right recourses because he knows it’s not any easy process. Even though we cannot see him every visit he’s always there if I call with any questions or concerns. I would 100% without a doubt recommended him to anyone that is going through infertility. I’m so thankful to have Dr. Williams.
Trust him. Don’t be afraid to ask any questions or address any concerns. Let him know exactly what/how you are feeling. Be honest and up front with him and he will do whatever he can to help.
Our very first visit in the beginning of 2018 I went it knowing something just wasn’t right. My husband and I wanted to start a family soon, but I wanted to get my cycles “back to normal “ before we started trying. Initially we were trying to get my pain under control and regulate my cycles and try and figure out the cause of my irregular cycles and terrible pain. Did lots of bloodwork and had lost of questions. After blood work and diagnosis of PCOS we discussed treatment options. My husband and I then decided that since this was my bodies “normal” we would go ahead and try starting a family. We got put on Clomid (50 mg, I think) and tried timer intercourse with ovulation tests and monitoring ultrasounds. After many failed attempts, Dr. Williams discussed getting a Laparoscopy to remove Endometriosis (that by my symptoms he was pretty confident I had). So we went forward with the procedure February 2019. After the procedure and removing the endometriosis, we decided to try with Letrozole (because the Clomid gave me really bad headaches) and ovulation test again. We were All hoping that since we remove the endometriosis it would give me better chances. After months of that not working either, doctors recommended to start IUI’s. I then got out on injections (Gonal F and trigger shot) with the IUI to hopefully allow me to produce more eggs and give us better chances. Unfortunately they failed as well, so now after discussion and prayer we are on to IVF.
Luckily I haven’t found any weaknesses about the office. The front desk is always polite and good about getting your appointment scheduled promptly if needed. Very clean office. Wait times are not bad at all. Nurses are good about returning your call if you leave a message with a question or concern. Doctors focus on you 100% when you are in the office.
Co-Pay with my insurance prior to IUI $50. I may have gotten billed after appointing for what insurance did not cover, but nothing crazy. Meds from pharmacy before IUI NO more than $20 IUI treatment around $470 IUI injections around $400 from a discounted pharmacy, the nurses orders the meds Currently working with IVF now about $16,000 all together.
We are currently starting the IVF process.
Charlottesville

When we sat in his office to cover what the IVF process is going to look like he was patient. We didn’t feel like we were being rushed in and out of his office. He took the time to help us understand the questions we asked and we appreciated his blunt yet explainable manner.... My husband and I are still considering doing multiple and did bring this up with Dr Williams. He explained his preference with doing a single transfer and why he prefers single from the risk of doing two.
Everyone in the office [Reproductive Med and Surg Ctr of VA] is wonderful. From the front desk to billing to nurses to IVF nurses.... Their on call is very responsive. Their waiting room is very relaxing. I was in to my appointments on time 98% of the time. Their packets for IVF are detailed in explaining pricing and packages. We travel over an hour to get to this office and for anyone looking for the right clinic, this really was a great fit for us.
I explained this mostly in the previous question however we really did appreciate having him as a doctor. He explained everything to us every step of the way and again did not get frustrated but he understood when we had questions and helped us understand. I honestly don’t feel that we’ve had any negative experiences with him.
He’s very knowledgeable and detailed when helping you understand your fertility process.
We originally had another doctor at clinic but have had Dr Williams the last several times. We are on our first IVF process so I don’t have too much feedback here since we’ve just begun.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Virginia Fertility & IVF (FKA Reproductive Medicine & Surgery Center of VA). (Assigned nurse: Stephanie)
Everyone in the office is wonderful. From the front desk to billing to nurses to IVF nurses. Stephanie has such an uplifting personality and great bedside manner.
Their on call is very responsive. Their waiting room is very relaxing. I was in to my appointments on time 98% of the time. Their packets for IVF are detailed in explaining pricing and packages. We travel over an hour to get to this office and for anyone looking for the right clinic, this really was a great fit for us. We did go to another clinic in northern VA prior to coming here but felt as if we were a number and the distance was also a factor so we chose Charlottesville and have not regretted it.
So far we’ve seen the cost to be comparable to others in Virginia. Virginia does not carry IVF health insurance so we will be paying the full bill. Charlottesville has given us their lending company that they have researched and we will be using.
My husband and I are still considering doing multiple and did bring this up with Dr Williams. He explained his preference with doing a single transfer and why he prefers single from the risk of doing two. While we understand his explanation of risk, all of those things are possibilities when someone gets naturally pregnant with twins. Dr Williams is of course leaving the decision up to us and was still very positive with us.
Charlottesville

We have tried several different types of protocols along our infertility journey. Dr. Williams diagnosed me with PCOS & Hashimotos disease. I was given Metformin and Synthroid for these issues, which have both helped. I have taken Progesterone MANY times to reset my crazy cycles. No stranger to Clomid either. Most recently we have done a trigger shot with timed intercourse... deeply cares for each of his patients and provides individualized treatment.
The nurses at RMSCVA are top notch. They have been with my husband and I through the best times; finding out I was pregnant. To the worst; finding out I was going to have a miscarriage. They are so sweet and so kind...RMSCVA is a small clinic in Charlottesville. I imagine they serve many many patients however. I don’t have anything negative to stay about the clinic. It is so well run & so patient centered. The receptionist are sweet & always greet me with a smile.
I have been seeing Dr. Williams at Reproductive Medicine and surgery for 9+ months. He has preformed all of my procedures related to infertility; including HSG, many many many MANY ultrasounds and a D & C when I had my miscarriage last year. There isn’t a better reproductive endocrinologist. When I was diagnosed with a blighted ovum in December; he delicately explained what was happening to my husband and I. He even revealed that he & his wife had gone through the same thing twice. He was sincere and respectful to my choice of having a D & C, where other doctors would have pushed me to take medicine or let it happen naturally. He is cheerful each time I see him, and always makes sure I understand everything about the current treatment plan. Infertility SUCKS! But we are so glad to have Dr. Williams on board with us.
Trust him! He knows what he is doing.
Dr. Williams deeply cares for each of his patients and provides individualized treatment.
Oh where to begin. The nurses at RMSCVA are top notch. They have been with my husband and I through the best times; finding out I was pregnant. To the worst; finding out I was going to have a miscarriage. They are so sweet and so kind.
Oh boy. The ugly side of infertility. My husband and I have a high deductible insurance plan. Therefore, hardly any of my treatments or medications were covered. The cost now for ultrasounds, medications, monthly visits and D & C procedure is about $4,000 currently.
Charlottesville

Dr Williams always comes in the appointment and the very first thing I notice from him is how truly compassionate and sincere he is about the failures of the treatment so far. It's amazing how he doesn't even go into the "dr" mode immediately it's the mode of human to Human I care about how you are feeling. He's always been extremely up front of very educational on the treatment plan each time!... I walked out of the first appointment with a lot of hope and for the first time since having my second miscarriage I didn't feel as sad anymore.
The staff [RMSC] is so friendly! Appointments are always on time, I believe we've waited one appointment out of all of them, for more than 15 mins for the dr but it was a weekend also. Speaking of weekends, when we heard they do things weekends and after hours based on your treatment it seriously made us feel like wow they really will do anything to accommodate you.... I don't think I've ever waited more than an hour or two to hear back if I've left a message on their answering services. The are exceptional at keeping the communication open!
Coming to the clinic for the very first time after suffering two miscarriages my husband and i were already in a defeated mode if you will. But very soon after seeing Dr. Williams the first time i remember just sitting in his office and going over what felt like every little detail, and as sad and upsetting it was it also felt very needed for what was going to be our best treatment plan. I can't explain it but i felt more upset and frustrated before coming to the clinic. I walked out of the first appointment with a lot of hope and for the first time since having my second miscarriage I didn't feel as sad anymore.
Listen to their plans. It seems like a lot of stuff that you have to do to even begin, but it's all worth it to figure out what you need from them!
Once all the pre- testings were over. We started out with oral medications to stimulate ovulation. The reasoning behind this was before we started the clinic I was not having a cycle on my own which means i wasn't ovulating. So it only made sense to start with letrezole. We had tried clomid at our previous obgyn and it didn't work. So we tried the letrezole and realized from an ultrasound it wasn't enough. So the next plan was to continue the oral mediation and then add a trigger injection and do IUI. We've did that three times now with no success yet. But from blood work done we do know the medication is working. So we are trying iui one more time.
Having to take all the medication and injections it's a lot of questions sometimes. I don't think I've ever waited more than an hour or two to hear back if I've left a message on their answering services. The are exceptional at keeping the communication open! They are all great! Feel like we've know them all for years and it's only been 9 months since we started.
The staff is so friendly! Appointments are always on time, I believe we've waited one appointment out of all of them, for more than 15 mins for the dr but it was a weekend also. Speaking of weekends, when we heard they do things weekends and after hours based on your treatment it seriously made us feel like wow they really will do anything to accommodate you. Be prepared to spend money. Our insurance doesn't cover the treatments so it's been very expensive but the staff and doctors have made it very easy to not focus on that part.
Oral medication-10 Trigger injection-200 Ultrasounds-100 IUI-600
Charlottesville
He was very well educated and talked to us on a level we could understand. Dr. Williams didn’t rush through the appointment, but rather took time to even discuss other factors of our lifestyles that might help us to work on.... I had an ultrasound during the initial visit to check me so he could have a better understanding of my needs. He also had my husband do a semen analysis to check to see if he was also a factor in our inability to conceive after my previous provider had done numerous IUI’s on us.
Great practice [Reproductive Medicine and Surgery Ctr of VA], only downfall is our insurance doesn’t provide treatment coverage so we are required to pay up front in full at each visit. However I understand this is not their fault but I wish they offered financing options or payment plans.... [Nursing staff was] Very kind and considerate of the fact that we had traveled a distance to come to the appointment. They were great with our blood draws as well....About $300 for initial visit.
Definitely choose this doctor, even though we haven’t successfully conceived yet, I fully trust he is doing the best to help us through this process.
He was very kind, and professional. I had never seen a doctor while on my monthly cycle and was very nervous, but they treated me better than any provider I have seen.
I had an ultrasound during the initial visit to check me so he could have a better understanding of my needs. He also had my husband do a semen analysis to check to see if he was also a factor in our inability to conceive after my previous provider had done numerous IUI’s on us. Come to find out Dr. Williams discovered my husband not only had low sperm count but also low testosterone. They were able to refer him to see a urologist who is now treating my husband in hopes to raise those numbers, before we proceed to another IUI attempt.
Great practice, only downfall is our insurance doesn’t provide treatment coverage so we are required to pay up front in full at each visit. However I understand this is not their fault but I wish they offered financing options or payment plans.
About $300 for initial visit.
2017 - 2019, Unknown Success
Dr. Williams was straight forward with information and process and open to hearing my concerns and getting answers for my pain and infertility...Working with him over the past few years has been great, glad I was referred by my OBGYN. Once meeting with him the concerns I had were addressed and sought to get answers...we discussed laporoscopy to find out the cause of the pain which revealed stage 1 endometriosis. From here we developed a plan to start round of clomid on days 5-9 now that the endometriosis had been cleared. I went through 5 cycles of clomid and husband in medication to improve his sperm and still no pregnancy. Then in July 2019 we did our first IUI with another medicated cycle again resulting in no pregnancy. Due to mounting frustration with infertility and paying off bills accumulated from these visits as it's not covered my our insurance we decided to take a break. Hoping to resume things in November.
The clinic [Reproductive Medicine and Surgery Center of Virginia] is usually good about accommodating our work schedule as we live an hour and a half away from this clinic. They are professional and help in any way they can. The billing department is very resourceful and often made attempts to stay on our insurance to cover things if possible...The nursing staff here are excellent. Their care for patients is great and they engage you in the process and comfort. Clinic Errors
Working with him over the past few years has been great, glad I was referred by my OBGYN. Once meeting with him the concerns I had were addressed and sought to get answers. Currently we are taking a break from treatment but looking forward to coming back and working on a plan with Dr. Williams specifically. In past visits and procedures we worked with other doctors whose manner has been different from Dr. Williams.
Go into any situation regarding infertility with an open mind and your questions. Don't shy away from wanting to know and express your concerns and needs. Dr. Williams is excellent in hearing your concerns and working with you to address them.
I was initially referred to Dr. Williams in 2017 after repeated visits with my OBGYN with concerns of pains, not getting pregnant, having cysts, and lastly performing an SIS and later HSG which showed a blockage on my left fallopian tube. At this point I was referred to Dr. Williams. Dr. Williams then meet with me for a consult and did his own blood work, HSG, pelvic exam and listened to my concern for continuous pelvic pain. He also ran a sperm sample on my husband and later referred him to a specialist, urologist Dr. Smith. From here we discussed laporoscopy to find out the cause of the pain which revealed stage 1 endometriosis. From here we developed a plan to start round of clomid on days 5-9 now that the endometriosis had been cleared. I went through 5 cycles of clomid and husband in medication to improve his sperm and still no pregnancy. Then in July 2019 we did our first IUI with another medicated cycle again resulting in no pregnancy. Due to mounting frustration with infertility and paying off bills accumulated from these visits as it's not covered my our insurance we decided to take a break. Hoping to resume things in November.
The clinic is usually good about accommodating our work schedule as we live an hour and a half away from this clinic. They are professional and help in any way they can. The billing department is very resourceful and often made attempts to stay on our insurance to cover things if possible
The cost was usually the most concerning for us as our insurance considered this clinic out of the network as well as our insurance plan does not cover infertility treatment.
There was one incident in which I scheduled an appointment over the phone weeks ahead, had to schedule to be off work. In the day off the appointment we drive down and check in but they say we are not in the schedule. I noted to them to conversation and with whom I made the appointment. However, they were quick to resolve it and we were able to still be seen that day just not at our time but an hour later.
Charlottesville
He [Dr. Williams] used layman terms and he makes sure to ask if I’m okay and how I feel about my treatment. He also allows me to ask about different options I have and provides me with very detailed information...He is very informative but always shows compassion and is very understanding of our frustration with infertility. He maintains dignity and walks me through every step when I am having a procedure or scan done...We went through two IUI cycles and with the second cycle I was injected two days before the IUI took place. Before coming to doctor Williams I had a hysteroscopy done to make sure I did not have endometriosis or fibroids or any big cysts. Every visit I have a transvaginal scan done to measure each ovary and see how many possible follicles I have. I am suppose to go every 5th day of my cycle to make sure I can begin taking my letrozole.
A single fresh IVF cycle [at Reproductive Medicine and Surgery Center of Virginia] is 8600...IVF freeze all cycle is 13,000...Frozen embryo cycle is 3,000...And they also offer a IVF refund program that involves getting money back for a failed cycle...No medications are included in these prices but they do include the anesthesia and so forth for the procedure...The clinic has great parking and even a fitness area in the main lobby. They have their own lab so as soon as your spouse drops off the semen for the analysis it only take 45 minutes for that to be prepared for the IUI . There is a great view off a balcony which I would go to sit when I had a bad visit or was worried about what would happen next.
Dr. Williams is a well known in the region and has been recognized with numerous awards which lets you know he’s great at what he does. He is very informative but always shows compassion and is very understanding of our frustration with infertility. He maintains dignity and walks me through every step when I am having a procedure or scan done.
Come with a lot of questions and stay off of the internet because sometimes the internet can discourage and it’s no need because Doctor Williams will answer every question entirely to assure you feel comfortable with every procedure or injection.
He used layman terms and he makes sure to ask if I’m okay and how I feel about my treatment. He also allows me to ask about different options I have and provides me with very detailed information. Him and his staff are always so nice and they treat you like you’re family and they are rooting for you every time you have a procedure or injection!
The nursing staff were very welcoming and they showed a lot of compassionate and when we had a failed cycle of IUI or letrezole alone, they were just as down as we were which makes you feel like you are not alone. The nurses can always be reached if an emergency occurs or you need an appointment first thing the next morning. They are also great with emailing and returning phone calls.
A single fresh IVF cycle is 8600 IVF freeze all cycle is 13,000 Frozen embryo cycle is 3,000 And they also offer a IVF refund program that involves getting money back for a failed cycle No medications are included in these prices but they do include the anesthesia and so forth for the procedure
They have a very detailed page on all of the services they offer along with prices which include the embryo transfer, freezing of embryos, IUI, IVF and so forth.
Charlottesville

He [Dr. Christopher Williams] did my mid cycle scan and adjusted my medication timing because I ovulated too early last cycle...Very personable and warm in his encounters...was very helpful in explaining the process of iui and the risks/chances for multiples. He was very pleasant and approachable. Bedside manner is very important in this specialty. I would recommend Dr. Williams to anyone going to this clinic...he will explain everything to his best ability.
The clinic [Reproductive Medicine and Surgery Center of VA] is clean and organized. The staff is very accommodating. You don’t feel like a number, they know you and your case. I feel like they could be a little more emotionally sensitive and encouraging when you report a failed cycle. Some of the charges are high and inconsistent with different ultrasounds and for such a short visit...Brittany [nurse] was great and so encouraging and upbeat. The nursing staff is always so nice on the phone.
Dr. Williams was very helpful in explaining the process of iui and the risks/chances for multiples. He was very pleasant and approachable. Bedside manner is very important in this specialty. I would recommend Dr. Williams to anyone going to this clinic.
If you have any questions or hesitations at all just ask. he will explain everything to his best ability.
Very personable and warm in his encounters
He did my mid cycle scan and adjusted my medication timing because I ovulated too early last cycle.
Brittany was great and so encouraging and upbeat. The nursing staff is always so nice on the phone.
The clinic is clean and organized. The staff is very accommodating. You don’t feel like a number, they know you and your case. I feel like they could be a little more emotionally sensitive and encouraging when you report a failed cycle. Some of the charges are high and inconsistent with different ultrasounds and for such a short visit.
Ultrasounds are very pricey. Iui was around $355.
I am not sure.
Charlottesville

Treatment is ongoing [with Dr. Christopher Williams], but we've started with clomid with ultrasound monitoring and HCG trigger...He is warm but clear. He remembers personal details about me that make me feel like he sees his patients as people not just a chart...thorough and compassionate. I always feel comfortable with him and that he knows what he's doing! Appointments are to the point and fairly quick, but I never felt rushed. He takes time to answer questions and make sure we understood what was going on.
[Nurses at Reproductive Medicine and Surgery Center of Virginia are] Very quick and efficient. Always followed up...I was able to get an appointment quickly. They did the hsg in house. Getting blood taken or ultrasounds is always very quick. Clean, nice offices. Easy location in pantops with parking. Only thing I don't like is the music in the waiting room...Treatment is ongoing, but we've started with clomid with ultrasound monitoring and HCG trigger.
Dr Williams is clear, thorough and compassionate. I always feel comfortable with him and that he knows what he's doing! Appointments are to the point and fairly quick, but I never felt rushed. He takes time to answer questions and make sure we understood what was going on.
Come with questions
Very quick and efficient. Always followed up.
Hsg was around $700 before insurance. Iui is $445 plus medication, etc.
Charlottesville

He [Dr. Christopher Williams] listens to any concerns you have and returns phone calls promptly on the weekends...As a patient he has been wonderful. He takes time to explain and questions you have. He is very understanding and compassionate when we faced a chemical pregnancy. If there were any issues on the weekend he was able to be reached...Make sure to ask plenty of questions-he will take the time to answer them...We only had one to transfer each time.
The strengths [at Reproductive Medicine and Surgery Center of Virginia] are definitely the doctors. They are all amazing. The procedure staff and nurses were all so sweet and caring. They take very good care of you. The weakness would be communication. When you call during ivf you could never get the ivf nurses on the phone. You would have to leave a message and it took hours for a call back...We qualified for a shared cost program with icsi for 23900 for 6 cycles and unlimited frozen. Every time anesthesia there was additional charges.
Make sure to ask plenty of questions-he will take the time to answer them.
Dr. Williams is very compassionate and understanding. He listens to any concerns you have and returns phone calls promptly on the weekends.
We used gonal f 450 every night with a trigger shot of hcg.
The nursing staff for the procedure rooms were absolutely amazing. Unfortunately the ivf nurses that you deal with on the phone were hard to reach at times. If you had questions for the doctor they would answer instead of asking him his opinion.
The strengths are definitely the doctors. They are all amazing. The procedure staff and nurses were all so sweet and caring. They take very good care of you. The weakness would be communication. When you call during ivf you could never get the ivf nurses on the phone. You would have to leave a message and it took hours for a call back.
We only had one to transfer each time.
Charlottesville

Dr.Williams does everything in his power to make your dream a reality. If you have a set back he is right there with you and helps you every step of the way and ensures you that we still have many options and things ahead and that we will indeed get there.... I have PCOS, therefore my FSH (follicle stimulating horomone) is not strong enough to make my eggs grow to the size they need to be without help from medications therefore we tried clomid no luck, femara no luck, went to Gonal F up to the highest does and overstimulated so then we knew where our dosage was.
The clinic [RMSC] is FANTASTIC! They are so well rounded and the people are so great. Make sure to stay on top of your insurance and if they cover and what you may owe so you arent surprised with major bills. Other than that please see this clinic and let them help on your journey!... They are the best and anytime I called and was worried or didnt understand or had questions they were always there even if they had to call you back. They are so compassionate and loving! They really make you feel like you are part of a family not a doctors office.
Listen and follow everything Dr.Williams says. He has done this so long and helped so many people he surely knows everything to help you get to where you need to be.
Dr.Williams is so great and he is there to make your dreams a reality. He looks into every situation and works with you in all things that you are trying to do. An amazing doctor for sure!
I have PCOS, therefore my FSH (follicle stimulating horomone) is not strong enough to make my eggs grow to the size they need to be without help from medications therefore we tried clomid no luck, femara no luck, went to Gonal F up to the highest does and overstimulated so then we knew where our dosage was. Treated again ovulated but a negative pregnancy test.
AMAZING! They are the best and anytime I called and was worried or didnt understand or had questions they were always there even if they had to call you back. They are so compassionate and loving! They really make you feel like you are part of a family not a doctors office.
The clinic is FANTASTIC! They are so well rounded and the people are so great. Make sure to stay on top of your insurance and if they cover and what you may owe so you arent surprised with major bills. Other than that please see this clinic and let them help on your journey!
Most insurance like mine do not cover any fertility items. Therefore everything was out of pocket. Medications alone are so expensive. We are just currently finishing Gonal injections with normal ovulation and intercourse. Last year alone we have put about $6000 into these treatments and we are not even to IUI or IVF yet. So please be prepared for the cost and process of cost.
Charlottesville

[Dr. Christopher Williams] would always read up on my file before meeting. He took time to personally call me and discuss our plan...is helpful and supportive of my plan. He always makes me feel comfortable and makes sure I understand the next step in the process. He takes time to answer all my questions and calm my anxieties...Ask questions! Dr. Williams is very knowledgeable and there to help!...you may see several doctors, especially during mid cycle monitoring.
At RMSCVA you may see several doctors, especially during mid cycle monitoring. Some doctors are more thorough than others, which is frustrating. However, the staff has always been super helpful. If I have a question, I can call and the nurses always call back quickly...[Dr. Christopher Williams] would always read up on my file before meeting. He took time to personally call me and discuss our plan...is helpful and supportive of my plan. He always makes me feel comfortabl
Dr. Williams is helpful and supportive of my plan. He always makes me feel comfortable and makes sure I understand the next step in the process. He takes time to answer all my questions and calm my anxieties.
Ask questions! Dr. Williams is very knowledgeable and there to help!
Dr. Williams would always read up on my file before meeting. He took time to personally call me and discuss our plan.

2016 - 2018, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Williams] spoke to me in a manner that I could easily understand. He did not speak over my head. He was also approachable and seemed willing to answer my questions. He came down and let us in the building which shocked me when the weekend system failed. I would have expected him to send the nurse. That really impressed me....We went with conservative measures since everything test wise is good
The staff and doctors [at Repro Med Surgery Ctr of VA] are all friendly. They take the time to make sure I understand what the plan is and why...The entire staff there is great. I interact with Stephanie a great deal since she is the IVF nurse coordinator. She's very friendly and quick to answer any questions I ask...They are prompt and accurate in their billing as well, two critical things... The other nurses are also easy to talk to and treat me like a human. It is very important not to feel like a number. They can even joke a little with me which is important.
He spoke to me in a manner that I could easily understand. He did not speak over my head. He was also approachable and seemed willing to answer my questions. He came down and let us in the building which shocked me when the weekend system failed. I would have expected him to send the nurse. That really impressed me.
Do your research but trust in what he says, it's served me well.
The staff and doctors are all friendly. They take the time to make sure I understand what the plan is and why.
We did a few cycles of timed intercourse with clomid, no pregnancies. We tried IUI's with clomid, femara, and gonal F (not the same cycle) with no pregnancies as well. We took breaks in between cycles due to our jobs. We went with conservative measures since everything test wise is good. I have good reserves for someone my age.
The entire staff there is great. I interact with Stephanie a great deal since she is the IVF nurse coordinator. She's very friendly and quick to answer any questions I ask. The other nurses are also easy to talk to and treat me like a human. It is very important not to feel like a number. They can even joke a little with me which is important.
The clinic works with me to get my appointments scheduled so that I can minimize my time off. They have weekend hours as well for when ovulation occurs then. That's nice. It's also conveniently located so the trip, which is almost two hours, is rarely wasted on just a doctor visit. That makes the entire situation a tad less stressful. They are prompt and accurate in their billing as well, two critical things.
It varied based on what was done. Our insurance doesn't cover IVF/Infertility. The offices do work with me and bill what insurance covers and I out of pocket the rest.
We are still early in this process. From what I have gathered, he uses clinical evidence and the patients history to decide what is best.
Charlottesville

Dr Williams greets me in waiting room to come to room himself always smiles shakes hands. Very informative.... Very straight forward, have multiple options and reasons, bought in specialist for my husbands needs so he wouldn’t have to go to creepy hospital.... When Dr Williams couldn’t see me he highly recommended others from office. Didn’t beat around the bush and let us attempt other procedures that wouldn’t Benefit. Great friendly attitude. I looks forward to each visit
Nursing staff [Repro Med & Surg Ctr] always present, reassurance during procedures. Prompt call back after leaving messages, very informative.... All strengths, one hour from home a big plus, easy to locate. Every staff member very friendly and helpful. All reproductive needs can be met in the same building, urologist for the male partner, lab, sensual collection rooms.... [Cost Of Treatment] For the year at this point, $2800. That includes labs. Meds ultrasounds, IUI, and HSG. All dr visits
Always greets at waiting room, hand shakes, lives my husbands sense of humor, brought babysitting children a few times and dr Williams shared a moment with them. Very straight forward, have multiple options and reasons, bought in specialist for my husbands needs so he wouldn’t have to go to creepy hospital. Always smiles and walks to the door. When Dr Williams couldn’t see me he highly recommended others from office. Didn’t beat around the bush and let us attempt other procedures that wouldn’t Benefit. Great friendly attitude. I looks forward to each visit
Go in with an open mind and listen fully as he explains
Reception always friendly and helpful in person and on the phone, nurses as well, greet me by name each time. Dr Williams greets me in waiting room to come to room himself always smiles shakes hands. Very informative.
Repeat HSG, explained that it wouldn’t be painful as before with other dr, same result blocked tube, prescribed 50 mg clomid for 5 days, 25 mg clomid for my husband with low sperm count. Attempted 1 IUI with HCG trigger. Ovulation, 1.9 million sperm Negative test. Dr Williams decided then with the low count of my husband that IVF would be worth a try
Nursing staff always present, reassurance during procedures. Prompt call back after leaving messages, very informative.
Haven’t gotten to that point yet
Charlottesville

Dr. Williams is warm and friendly, listened to our concerns and came up with a plan we were comfortable. He told us there was no reason to jump into the most expensive and invasive option, but would have allowed it if we wanted to go that route right away. He really cares about his patients.... We are unexplained and 35 years old. Dr. Williams has had us do 3 cycles of TI with letrozole 5mg and 1 IUI with letrozole 5mg but we have not yet been successful. I responded well to the medication, but as with unexplained, we have no idea why it didn't work.
This clinic is great. Clean, easy to find, ample parking. I drive several hours to get to this location when there are several other clinics in my area...that should tell you something about Reproductive Medicine and Surgery Center! :)... Costs are substantially less than the well known fertility clinics in my area. Specifically about a fifth of the price for IUI and half the cost for IVF than another clinic I went to in the DC metro area, where I also went for a consultation and was not impressed with how I was treated at all.
Hurry and make your appointment!
Dr. Williams and his staff are top notch. They are all very warm and caring, and I really believe that their goal is the same as mine...to take home a live baby at the end of all this! I haven't been successful yet, but am confident in Dr. Williams.
We are unexplained and 35 years old. Dr. Williams has had us do 3 cycles of TI with letrozole 5mg and 1 IUI with letrozole 5mg but we have not yet been successful. I responded well to the medication, but as with unexplained, we have no idea why it didn't work. We started out with the cheapest, least invasive option. Lots of other clinics want to put you right to IUI or IVF, but medications do work for a lot of people-Dr. Williams isnt out to just spend your money, like some bigger clinics are!
Very friendly and helpful, I call a lot and ask a ton of questions and the staff is always so prompt at returning calls.
No opinion on this at this time.

2016 - 2018, Unknown Success
Dr. Williams always remembers who I am and what I am struggling with. Even if that means reading a paper before I come in, it makes a difference. He also meets us at our level. I am a nurse and he talks to me like a medical professional including current evidence based research on infertility. But he also breaks it down so my non-medical professional husband can understand.... We had diagnostic testing first. Then exploratory lap for endo. Found mild case of endo and adjusted the game plan.
Strengths: [Reproductive Med and Surgery Ctr of VA] always answer and return calls. Weakness: not everyone who answers is sympathetic to women facing infertility. In terms of finances and overall stress. The insurance coordinator is usually rude. We have two different insurances and the one never seems to get billed. It’s difficult to get clear answers on exactly what I’m paying for with each visit.... Tricare covers sporadic things and the office is never able to tell us what they are covering.
Dr. Williams is incredibly knowledgeable about this field. He makes you feel at ease at such a difficult time in life. He doesn’t rush you out of the office if you have questions. I trust his judgement and truly believe that he wants us to make a successful pregnancy as much as we do.
Book him now.
We had diagnostic testing first. Then exploratory lap for endo. Found mild case of endo and adjusted the game plan. Husband also has low morphology. He was seen by urologist and nothing was wrong. Can’t figure out what is causing the low Morph except possible environmental exposure during a deployment. We tried one round of clomid with my body responding fine but no baby. Then 5 more rounds of IUI with no luck. They would have stopped after 4 but I needed to prove six attempts before insurance would pay for ivf. Egg retrieval went well with no complications. However the transfer was disappointing. We did FET due to choosing PGS. My body didn’t respond to the hormones and my uterine lining didn’t grow. I didn’t feel I was fully educated that this was a possibility and came a large disappointment. We went ahead with a transfer with some education on reduction of success due to thin lining. We met with dr Williams again after the failed cycle. He was very kind and shared of disappointment. However he did not dwell on it and shared the plan for next cycle and sounded very hopeful for us, which we desperately needed at that time. We are trying long term Lupron to suppress my endo (even tho it’s a mild case) and attempting another transfer after the first of the year. Fingers crossed as our insurance coverage won’t cover much more after the next transfer.
As a fellow nurse, I can assure you that these ladies are top notch. The office is so busy and they keep things running and sane. They are very skilled at blood draws and are so compassionate. They have given me hugs and tissues more than once. I trust them all with so many aspects of my healthcare.
Strengths: always answer and return calls. Weakness: not everyone who answers is sympathetic to women facing infertility. In terms of finances and overall stress. The insurance coordinator is usually rude. We have two different insurances and the one never seems to get billed. It’s difficult to get clear answers on exactly what I’m paying for with each visit.
As mentioned before, we could never get a straight answer on what we paying for specifically. We have spent almost 17 grand out of pocket including PGS and one transfer. We also have insurance that will cover 15 grand in infertility coverage one time. Tricare covers sporadic things and the office is never able to tell us what they are covering.
Given our age, dr Williams has always encourage single transfer.
I only had once instance where I was expecting a call back to move forward with next steps in the transfer hormone process. I have know way of knowing if it affected my cycle but I started the next steps a day later than I was told to due to not receiving that call.
Charlottesville

After having all of my lab work, Dr Williams performed an HSG, and ordered a semen analysis for my husband. It was determined my tubes we’re open and my husband’s sperm was found to be completely normal. I was diagnosed by Dr. Williams as having PCOS and he recommended IVF as the next step for us...He is very kind, patient and gentle. He is extremely knowledgeable and explains everything clearly in understandable terms.
They [Reproductive Medicine and Surgery Center of Virginia] are extremely patient. All of the doctors seem to work well together. The nursing staff is extremely caring and kind. The Administrative staff were helpful and walked us through every step of the process. You do have to indicate which office you wish to be seen in otherwise they will automatically schedule you in their Charlottesville office.
He is very patient, understanding, and listens to his patient’s concerns. He explains everything in detail and spends an appropriate amount of time to every patient. He doesn’t give you a sense of false hope. He is provides his patients realistic expectations.
Trust him because he is a great doctor who is extremely knowledgeable.
All of the nurses have been extremely caring, compassionate. And helpful to me at all of my visits.
They are extremely patient. All of the doctors seem to work well together. The nursing staff is extremely caring and kind. The Administrative staff were helpful and walked us through every step of the process. You do have to indicate which office you wish to be seen in otherwise they will automatically schedule you in their Charlottesville office.
Most of the laboratory work ordered was covered by insurance. Out of pocket was around $230. I also paid about $750 out of pocket for the HSG. And then $35 co-pay for each visit.
I prefer to do multiple embryo transfer if we have numerous viable embryos.
When my chart was not in Winchester ,due to a mix up with the clerical staff. my nurse stopped and picked it up personally. I also have had difficulty getting my prescriptions refilled.
Charlottesville

Dr. Williams did everything he believed was the safest and most effective routes during my treatment. ... He provides a trusting atmosphere, with compassion, but still getting to the point without providing false hope. ... He initially provided the most cost effective route, but once he felt that IUI's would not work, he suggested IVF if I was willing. Dr. Williams never jumped the gun, but still kept the same timely goals in mind with me and my husband. ...
The clinic [Repro Med Surgery Ctr of VA] provides the best emotionally stable atmosphere for patients who come in with little to no hope. When I walked in there, I left feeling more hopeful about the entire situation. They were great to work with and there were very few weaknesses I found. The only thing I could suggest is the front desk staff answering phone calls could communicate more with the nursing staff on some things, to provide parallel information.
Dr. Chris Williams is the best doctor I have ever seen. He knows his stuff and is a well rounded professional. He provides a trusting atmosphere, with compassion, but still getting to the point without providing false hope. I absolutely love Dr. Williams and would recommend him for anyone and everyone who struggles with infertility. He provides a hope simply because of the trust I have in his knowledge and professionalism.
That he is great and to fully trust his decisions. Be open and honest with him, because that's what he does with you.
Dr. Williams is hands down, one of the best, if not the best, doctor I have ever worked with. He was simply amazing. To the point, but such an amazing bedside manner. He is great at his job and I would highly recommend him with anyone. I felt safe and well taken care of under his care. I trust his decisions and will fully rely on him for my future pregnancy planning.
Dr. Williams did everything he believed was the safest and most effective routes during my treatment. He initially provided the most cost effective route, but once he felt that IUI's would not work, he suggested IVF if I was willing. Dr. Williams never jumped the gun, but still kept the same timely goals in mind with me and my husband.
Although Dr. Williams is amazing, the nursing staff is also amazing as well. They are also what provided such an amazing experience during such a difficult time.
The clinic provides the best emotionally stable atmosphere for patients who come in with little to no hope. When I walked in there, I left feeling more hopeful about the entire situation. They were great to work with and there were very few weaknesses I found. The only thing I could suggest is the front desk staff answering phone calls could communicate more with the nursing staff on some things, to provide parallel information.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Virginia Fertility & IVF (FKA Reproductive Medicine & Surgery Center of VA).
I had little to no issues with monitoring appointments. They would also provide alternatives to come to local places for monitoring near my hometown, so that I would not have to drive all the way to Charlottesville.
IVF is expensive anywhere you go, but I felt as though this clinic has the best options financially. I would highly recommend others to go through Reproductive Medicine of Virginia.
Dr. Williams suggested to transfer only one embryo because he felt as though it was the safest. I trusted his decision, as he provided statistics to support his theory and suggestion.
Charlottesville

He [Dr. Williams] was very warm and took the time to answer all of questions. He also explained treatments and next further steps. He came highly recommended from a friend and they also regarded him very highly. We had multiple visits and are still undergoing treatment.... After trying for over a year we went to Dr. Williams with unexplained infertility. We did 4 months of 5 mg letrozol. One was an IUI. Nothing has worked so far and are still going back for more treatment.
They [Reproductive Med and Surg Ctr of VA] are open 363 days a year for cycling patients. Huge perk being open all the time. Located in Charlottesville - kind of far from us but we make it work to the best of our ability. We like it enough to drive two hours one way per visit so that should speak volumes.... They [nursing staff] are nice and competent and were really patient with my wife who is a big ninny when it comes to getting her blood drawn.
He was very warm and took the time to answer all of questions. He also explained treatments and next further steps. He came highly recommended from a friend and they also regarded him very highly. We had multiple visits and are still undergoing treatment.
Make an appointment - hes a good doctor.
He was nice.
They are nice and competent and were really patient with my wife who is a big ninny when it comes to getting her blood drawn.
They are open 363 days a year for cycling patients. Huge perk being open all the time. Located in Charlottesville - kind of far from us but we make it work to the best of our ability. We like it enough to drive two hours one way per visit so that should speak volumes.
IUI is $500. Much cheaper than the clinics in NoVA... we are probably 5X more expensive.
He didn't talk to us about it.
Charlottesville
He is very kind a caring. He fully explains everything you need to know about the procedure and likelihood of conceiving. The only negative is it he is very popular and is often very busy and hard to schedule appointments with. Dr. Williams is one of the best doctors I've worked with and I greatly trust his opinion...I started with 50 mg of Clomid then hundred milligrams then 150 mg. Next we are the trigger shot. And up my Clomid to 200 mg.
Our clinic [Repro Med Surgery Ctr of VA] is good they work well at scheduling appointments and following up with patients. They work hard to make sure that their staff available to help at all times of the day and all days of the week... Monica is the best nurse ever. She is kind caring and compassionate... Call ahead Early to schedule an appointment.... Dr. Williams is one of the best doctors I've worked with and I greatly trust his opinion
Call ahead Early to schedule an appointment.
He is a kind, caring man. He always listens and is very supportive
Monica is the best nurse ever. She is kind caring and compassionate
Our clinic is good they work well at scheduling appointments and following up with patients. They work hard to make sure that their staff available to help at all times of the day and all days of the week