Strongly recommend: 100%9.6

1000 East First Street
Duluth, MN 55805
218-249-4700

2017 - 2019, Unknown Success
Dr. Mallof is incredibly in demand and busy, but prioritizes communication and consultation. Depending on ovulation and her schedule, another provider may perform your procedures and you'll likely hear more from Dr. Mallof's nurses during treatment than her. But during appointments, she gives you 100% and makes sure to satisfy all of your questions.....Dr. Mallof is incredibly knowledgeable and straightforward while still maintaining a warm and conscientious bedside manner. She always made time for questions I had and maintained really good follow-up on calls and messages placed to her.
Jen and Jill are assigned mostly to the fertility patients [at St. Luke's OB/GYN] and are so organized, efficient, and kind. During my IUI cycles, they'd be the ones to let me know what the ultrasound results were for my follicles after stimulation. They saw me in many moods during this - upbeat and excited, defeated and hopeless, etc. and always rolled with it and showed compassion..I've had billing questions answered from their coder, and the schedulers are really kind..Use the St. Luke's patient portal to send messages when needed, and know that you will get info back.
How was your experience with Claire Mallof at St. Luke's Obstetrics & Gynecology Associates?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Claire Mallof at St. Luke's Obstetrics & Gynecology Associates?
Do your research and be prepared to make the most of appointments. Use the St. Luke's patient portal to send messages when needed, and know that you will get info back.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Claire Mallof at St. Luke's Obstetrics & Gynecology Associates?
Describe the protocols Claire Mallof used in your cycles at St. Luke's Obstetrics & Gynecology Associates and their degree of success.
4 IUI cycles with Letrozole, ultrasounds to check for follicles, and trigger shots. Now moving onto an RE referral with Center for Reproductive Medicine in Minneapolis, which St. Luke's partners with.
Describe your experience with your nurse at St. Luke's Obstetrics & Gynecology Associates. (Assigned nurse: Jen & Jill)
Jen and Jill are assigned mostly to the fertility patients and are so organized, efficient, and kind. During my IUI cycles, they'd be the ones to let me know what the ultrasound results were for my follicles after stimulation. They saw me in many moods during this - upbeat and excited, defeated and hopeless, etc. and always rolled with it and showed compassion. I can't imagine speaking with infertility patients all day, and they do a beautiful job at it.
Describe your experience with St. Luke's Obstetrics & Gynecology Associates.
One of the hardest parts of St. Luke's OB/GYN is the waiting room - shared with pregnant ladies waiting for their check-ups. Ask if you can sit in the small back waiting area if this would bother you, too. The front desk staff are efficient, if not warm. I've had billing questions answered from their coder, and the schedulers are really kind.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Claire Mallof at St. Luke's Obstetrics & Gynecology Associates.
$500-600 per IUI cycle, depending on trigger shot and weekend hospital charges.
What specific things went wrong at St. Luke's Obstetrics & Gynecology Associates?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at St. Luke's Obstetrics & Gynecology Associates.
The St. Luke's hospital lab performed a semen analysis on my husband's sample, which should have been a wash & spin for IUI. They did not charge us for the subsequent wash and spin, and this speaks more to the lab worker than the OB/GYN clinic.
2017 - 2019, Unsuccessful
Dr. Mallof was very honest with us about what our chances for success were. Each cycle we came in with a clear expectation of what the plan was. She ran all the labs and procedures to try to determine the cause of my infertility...Ask questions, she has thoughtful and thorough answers...I did six IUI cycles using letrozole and a trigger shot. None resulted in pregnancy...was very kind to me. Every appointment with her I felt like she genuinely cared about me and had the same goals in mind. She actively listened to my concerns and gave complete answers. I recommend Dr. Mallof to other couples experiencing infertility.
I worked with the main fertility nurse Jen [at St. Luke's Obstetrics & Gynecology Associates]. She was very responsive to questions and was easy to work with. When Jen was out we had to work with another nurse and I did not have a great experience with her. She did not respond to one of my calls and did not call me back to schedule an ultrasound...with monitoring, sperm wash, medications, trigger shot, and IUI we spend about $1300 a cycle
Ask questions, she has thoughtful and thorough answers.
Dr. Mallof was very kind to me. Every appointment with her I felt like she genuinely cared about me and had the same goals in mind. She actively listened to my concerns and gave complete answers. I recommend Dr. Mallof to other couples experiencing infertility.
Describe your experience with your nurse at St. Luke's Obstetrics & Gynecology Associates. (Assigned nurse: Jen)
I worked with the main fertility nurse Jen. She was very responsive to questions and was easy to work with. When Jen was out we had to work with another nurse and I did not have a great experience with her. She did not respond to one of my calls and did not call me back to schedule an ultrasound.
Describe your experience with St. Luke's Obstetrics & Gynecology Associates.
It took months to get in for the first consult so scheduling at first was an issue. Once we had started the monitoring and IUIs there were not options for for scheduling appointments, I went when there was an opening.
My insurance covered nothing so with monitoring, sperm wash, medications, trigger shot, and IUI we spend about $1300 a cycle
Describe Claire Mallof's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at St. Luke's Obstetrics & Gynecology Associates.
Duluth

She [Dr. Mallof] makes medical terminogly easy to understand. She keeps your wants in mind with the treatments she suggests. She does best for you. Remembers all the details very well. I love her and have recommended her to two friends.... She is very caring and makes sure I understood everything happening. She told the truth and she was kind. Empathic.... When on clomid, call day 1 to schedule ultrasound day 12-14. Take clomid day 3-7 (every two months dose was doubled). Ovulation sticks starting on day 10. Ultrasound. If follicle, trigger shot. Intercourse exactly 36 hours after shot.
I wish we could do IVF at the clinic [St. Lukes's]. My doctor works with a clinic in the cities. One thing I did not know. Other than that I LOVE everything about the clinic and staff. All work with you and are considerate of your time and issues....super kind and patient with all my questions. Always gets back to me in a timely manner.... A follicle ultrasound is $337. A trigger shot is $200. Clomid was $10. Letrozole was $3. Dr appts around $150-$300.
She makes medical terminogly easy to understand. She keeps your wants in mind with the treatments she suggests. She does best for you. Remembers all the details very well. I love her and have recommended her to two friends.
Let her know your wants and thoughts. She truly takes them into consideration
When on clomid, call day 1 to schedule ultrasound day 12-14. Take clomid day 3-7 (every two months dose was doubled). Ovulation sticks starting on day 10. Ultrasound. If follicle, trigger shot. Intercourse exactly 36 hours after shot. Then again 24, 36,48,48 hours later.
Describe your experience with your nurse at St. Luke's Obstetrics & Gynecology Associates. (Assigned nurse: Jen )
She is super kind and patient with all my questions. Always gets back to me in a timely manner.
Describe your experience with St. Luke's Obstetrics & Gynecology Associates.
I wish we could do IVF at the clinic. My doctor works with a clinic in the cities. One thing I did not know. Other than that I LOVE everything about the clinic and staff. All work with you and are considerate of your time and issues.
My insurance covers nothing to do with infertility. A follicle ultrasound is $337. A trigger shot is $200. Clomid was $10. Letrozole was $3. Dr appts around $150-$300. A regular visit that would be covered by insurance is around $150 depending on where I am at on my deductible. Anything else besides infertility is priced decently.