Medical SchoolBuenos Aires
FellowshipU. Penn / Cornell
2 BATTERSON PARK ROAD
Farmington, CT 06032
(844 467 3483)
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Claudio Benadiva to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Center for Advanced Reproductive Services (UCONN Medical) to a friend?
IVF, Donor Eggs
I really had a great experience with Dr benadiva. He was very kind and understanding and caring. He answered my questions he let us know what the best options were and didn't lie to us. He treated us good and I was very happy with my results. I really appreciated him taking my records from other dr's and how I didn't have to repeat alot of my testing that made me happy....He also explained what was going on with me and what the best options would be. He was honest and really listened and took his time with us and didn't rush us.
IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Claudio Benadiva at Center for Advanced Reproductive Services (UCONN Medical)?
I really had a great experience with Dr benadiva. He was very kind and understanding and caring. He answered my questions he let us know what the best options were and didn't lie to us. He treated us good and I was very happy with my results. I really appreciated him taking my records from other dr's and how I didn't have to repeat alot of my testing that made me happy. I liked where the location was and just all the friendly people and staff. He took his time with us and didn't make us feel like we were rushed. When my first embryo didn't take he felt bad and made me feel confident on the 2nd embryo I had frozen. He didn't do my first transfer and he did my second and I felt so confident and positive and he felt very good about that embryo and it worked and I am pregnant. Thank you
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Claudio Benadiva at Center for Advanced Reproductive Services (UCONN Medical)?
That he is smart and knows what he is doing and to trust in him.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Claudio Benadiva at Center for Advanced Reproductive Services (UCONN Medical)?
He was extremely caring and so kind and made me feel like I will be pregnant and what I needed to do to get there. He also explained what was going on with me and what the best options would be. He was honest and really listened and took his time with us and didn't rush us. From all the dr's I saw he actually was wiling to help me get pregnant and I am so grateful for that. He knew the meds I needed and what worked for me.
Describe the protocols Claudio Benadiva used in your cycles at Center for Advanced Reproductive Services (UCONN Medical) and their degree of success.
When I did my first embryo Transfer I started with lupron injection and then I added baby aspirin and estrogen patches and then progesterone injection. My second one I just did estrogen patches, and then progesterone injection and still on the patches and progesterone until I'm about 12 weeks.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Advanced Reproductive Services (UCONN Medical). (Assigned nurse: Kathy Varkal )
Kathy was extremely kind and caring and always answered all my questions. I know sometimes I seemed worried and had so many questions or concerns and she always was there for me and I was so grateful. Everytime I saw her in the office she always took her time with me and helped me with figuring out how to pick my egg donor and always gave me great advice and was always happy to see me. She made me feel that I was in good hands with Dr b and the while staff. Everyone was amazing and so caring
Describe your experience with Center for Advanced Reproductive Services (UCONN Medical).
All the staff was very nice and caring. I really appreciated how everyone always said hi or good morning. Even when I did the blood work they were very nice and caring and we're pretty quick getting everyone in and out so we could get to work on time. I appreciate how they open the doors at 630 even though they didn't start the blood work until 7. Atleast we didn't have to wait out in the cold or bad weather. I like this location alot. I had a better experience here compared to Yale. Thank you
Describe Claudio Benadiva's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Advanced Reproductive Services (UCONN Medical).
I only had 1 embryo ready at my first transfer.
3 IUI, 1 Egg Freezing, IVF
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Benadiva always took the time to answer my questions. Not just 1 or 2...I mean 35-45. I've come to his office on multiple occasions with a book full of questions. And he's gone through each and every one with me...He's a quiet man with a singular focus--to help you have a baby. He's going to explain his steps, his procedures, his expectations, and his concerns. He's going to explain what you can realistically expect. But he's not going to be your shoulder to cry on. That doesn't mean that he's not compassionate. It's simply that his goal isn't to comfort you temporarily...
European, South Asian, Black or African-American
3 IUI, 1 Egg Freezing, IVF
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
He's a quiet man with a singular focus--to help you have a baby. He's going to explain his steps, his procedures, his expectations, and his concerns. He's going to explain what you can realistically expect. But he's not going to be your shoulder to cry on. That doesn't mean that he's not compassionate. It's simply that his goal isn't to comfort you temporarily. It's to help you realize your dream of becoming a patient. So, if there are setbacks, don't expect him to dwell on them. He's going to keep pushing forward as long as you are still willing to.
Don't be put off by his reserved manner. Know that he's already working on a plan.
We skipped Clomid as I had tried that with my OBGYN. He tried Letrozole first but I didn't respond. Then, 3 IUI+injectibles. Then ICSI + PGS + eSET. Postive pregnancy test after my first frozen embryo transfer He started with the less invasive techniques first. Because of my PCOS, he recommended ICSI to help with fertilization and PGS to make sure we transferred the best embryo. He recommended eSET as he's had tremendous success with PGS and didn't want to risk multiples.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Advanced Reproductive Services (UCONN Medical). (Assigned nurse: Glorimar Diaz)
Glorimar was a great nurse. Very knowledgeable and organized. Also explained procedures in very clear detail.
Mornings at the Center can be crowded, but it's a good reminded that you're not the only one going through this. Everyone there is clearly very interested in helping you have a child. I never felt that one of the staff wasn't genuinely concerned with my situation, even those who weren't directly involved in my treatment.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Center for Advanced Reproductive Services (UCONN Medical).
I have a pretty flexible work schedule, so the monitoring appointments weren't too bad for me. Most were on a first come-first serve basis, but some were scheduled for specific times. Just depended on what needed to be monitored.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Claudio Benadiva at Center for Advanced Reproductive Services (UCONN Medical).
It was expensive. Not because of the Center per se, but because of my insurance. They covered 50% of my IVF procedure, but I had to pay for PGS myself. I also had to pay for some of my meds myself because I reached my lifetime cap on fertility meds.
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
European, South Asian, Black or African-American
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
Don't be put off by his reserved nature. He's already working on a plan.
Dr. Benadiva took the time to answer my questions. And I don't mean 1 or 2 questions...I mean 40. We sat in his office and went through every question I had--on multiple occasions. I really liked that his answers were straightforward, too. He never tried to sugarcoat things for me. He saw that I had a problem and he made it his business to fix it.
We skipped Clomid as I had tried with my OBGYN. I started on Letrozole but didn't respond. We moved on to injectibles + IUI. After three failed IUIs, we moved on to ICSI+PGS+eSET. BFP after my first transfer. The rationale was to try the less invasive techniques first. I have PCOS, and have had 3 miscarriages. Dr. B felt that there was a problem with my egg quality, so he recommended ICSI to help with fertilization and PGS to ensure that we transferred the best embryo. He's had tremendous success with PGS so he recommended eSET to avoid multiples/pregnancy complication.
Glorimar was a great nurse. Very knowledgeable and organized. Returned my calls in a timely fashion and provided very clear instructions.
Both a strength and a weakness--This place is almost always packed. I know they've implemented new strategies to reduce the morning congestion, which do seem to be working. Everyone working here is really nice and clearly dedicated to helping you have a child. I never once felt like someone I interacted with didn't care about what I was going through.
I have a very flexible work situation, so the monitoring appointments weren't really an issue for me. Most were on a first come-first serve basis. Some were by appointment. It just depended on what needed to be monitored.
Expensive--but not because of Dr. Benadiva. It's just the nature of fertility treatments. My insurance stopped covering some of my meds so I had to order them online from overseas.
2010 - 2012
[Dr. Claudio Benadiva was] Very attentive, compassionate, thorough. Honestly, I almost felt like he tried to not get our hopes up and was very realistic. At each internal ultrasound, he would say things like, "they aren't growing as fast as we would like", or "we many only have a couple viable, so we may need to do another cycle." On day of retrieval he got 12 eggs and 10 fertilized!
2010 - 2012
Dr. B knows what he is doing! Our first meeting with him, we didn't get the warm and fuzzies, but he was honest!
Very attentive, took extra time with me. When I saw another doctor in the same practice for one visit, i was very upset by the way I was handled. Talked to Dr. B nurse and she got Dr. B right away and he told me to ask to see him every time.
I can't remember the names of the drugs we used, but I do remember that after receiving a positive pregnancy test, he had me stay on progesterone for 16 weeks as a precaution.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Advanced Reproductive Services (UCONN Medical). (Assigned nurse: Debbie Raboin)
Nurse Debbie was amazing! As well as all the other staff we came in contact with. They were in constant contact and returned calls on the same business day.
High volume practice. I was at first very overwhelmed by the number of people I would see in the waiting room, but they got you in and out. However, it felt very lonely in the waiting room. We all knew we were there for the same reason, but no one talked or looked up from their magazine. Wish more opportunity was provided to network with others while going through the process.
It was almost all covered by my insurance so I can't be sure. I know one cycle of medication cost $8,000 and I paid $70 in copays.
It was explained to us and they showed us the microscope pictures that all embroys were of excellent quality. They let my husband and I decide if we wanted to transfer 1 or 2. Two being the best chance to get pregnant but knowing the risk that we could have twins. We had twins!
Farmington
Dr. Benadiva was very informative and let my.husband and I know each step he wanted to take in our treatment plan. He and his staff were always able to answer all of questions and concerns at all times...We started with test on my husband and then tested me. We started started with making sure my tubes were open and then he started with the least invasive procedure IUI. We did this for about 3 cycles with the injections at home.
He is very well educated and knows his stuff.
He was very down to the point and kept us well informed about each step of the process.
We started with test on my husband and then tested me. We started started with making sure my tubes were open and then he started with the least invasive procedure IUI. We did this for about 3 cycles with the injections at home. 3rd time was the charm.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Advanced Reproductive Services (UCONN Medical). (Assigned nurse: GLORY)
Glory was always on point and very informative. She always called back and answered all my questions without hesitation. Also another person have met a few times but i forget her name today (6/23/16) she was wearing blue scrubs with chanel earings really made me feel great. Once I was done with my ultrasound she came back in and gave me the biggest hug and congratulated me. Since my first ultrasound was ify. You could tell she was so excitied for my.husband and I and that she really cared about what was going on. Thank you so much for that.
Ot was very clean and always had different events going on like support groups, yoga, heath and wellness nights. Theybalso always had coffee that was a major.plus for my husband.
My insurance covered
Farmington
He [Dr. Claudio Benadiva] was 100% concerned with my age and the time frame I had. He also spoke very realistically regarding my chances of success. I completely respected this candid conversation. No promises, just words of advice and explicit directions to follow regarding the procedures.
He was 100% concerned with my age and the time frame I had. He also spoke very realistically regarding my chances of success. I completely respected this candid conversation. No promises, just words of advice and explicit directions to follow regarding the procedures.
To do exactly what he says and don't waist time. If it's something you want, follow the plan.
The staff always greeted me as though they remembered me, (even if they didn't) and I was always treated with complete respect.
I first saw Dr. B in the summer of 2016. I ended up getting pregnant on my own soon after the appointment and miscarriage a couple months later. Due to depression from this, I didn't call Dr. B again until Jan. 2017. He understood, BUT explained to me that I had NO time to waist seeing I was 43 at the time. He instantly prescribed me Clomid for when I started ovulating and told me to schedule an IUI as soon as the time came which was in Feb 2017.
Amazing, kind, informative.
I feel as though they all treated me as though I as the only one there trying to get pregnant. Meaning I felt important each visit.
I have a big insurance deductible so I paid at least 2500k out of pocket.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Advanced Reproductive Services (UCONN Medical)?
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
I felt like a number [with Dr. Benadiva] . Office visits while few and far between felt rushed. Instead of trying to tweak something he went right to IVF. After HSG no other tests to find out why were preformed...I felt he gave more care and consideration to the students with him, than to me and my husband. The patients!...After 2 failed IUI's I asked about either changing med or at least increasing the meds. Nothing was changed. Then he suggested IVF because my husband sperm analysis kept coming in with great numbers
Other, Prefer not to answer
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
I felt he gave more care and consideration to the students with him, than to me and my husband. The patients! I'm not shy, I know how students learn but when my legs are in stirrups I'd like to be spoken to, not spoken at.
Ask him to slow down. Either when speaking or in treatments.
I'm sure he's great and has done well with patients, but I felt like a number. Office visits while few and far between felt rushed. Instead of trying to tweak something he went right to IVF. After HSG no other tests to find out why were preformed.
First IUI he went with Clomid because I'd used it with my OB and that resulted in a pregnancy(subsequent loss). After 2 failed IUI's I asked about either changing med or at least increasing the meds. Nothing was changed. Then he suggested IVF because my husband sperm analysis kept coming in with great numbers. Made me feel like it's all my fault. Probably true, didn't need my doctor to insinuate that.
Glori is the best. She makes him a good doctor.
Clinic itself is wonderful.
Paid specialist co-pay for appts. My insurance pharmacy wouldn't approve IVF meds. My insurance did cover clomid.
He explained why he recommends single embryo transfers and I agree.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
Dr. Benadiva is wonderful! He is responsible for 4 successful IVF cycles in my family alone. I have had one failed IVF cycle, but look forward to our second with Dr. Benadica as he has put together a revised plan that looks to be promising!...Dr. Benadiva is very thorough in his explanations and takes the time to make sure you understand the IVF process... Doctors and nurses [at UCONN] are helpful and make sure you understand all procedures and next steps before you leave.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
None!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Advanced Reproductive Services (UCONN Medical). (Assigned nurse: Deb)
Deb is a wonderful asset to the team and really makes the patient feel comfortable and always available.
Wonderful, helpful clinic. Everything runs smoothly and you never feel like just another patient! Doctors and nurses are helpful and make sure you understand all procedures and next steps before you leave. Lab runs very efficiently as well!
Monitoring and labs had flexible windows and run very smoothly
Farmington
[Dr. Claudio Benadiva is] Straightforward - Detailed - Strategic My experience as great given that I was not certain I would able to have children with my husband due to his issues. Given his advanced age, Dr. Benadiva worked through solutions that helped us get pregnant twice, for which we will always be grateful.
- Straightforward - Detailed - Strategic My experience as great given that I was not certain I would able to have children with my husband due to his issues. Given his advanced age, Dr. Benadiva worked through solutions that helped us get pregnant twice, for which we will always be grateful.
Listen
Caring
Organized and detailed. Clearly all staff knew what they were doing and made it easy to go to one place for all needs. Given that fertility treatments can be time consuming its great to only have to go to one location which is efficiently run to get individuals out and onto their day in a timely manner as many of us work.
Efficient well oiled machine.
Largely covered by insurance. Out of pocket for 2nd fresh cycle was ~$11K given we did not meet income requirements for reduced costs. FET was ~$5K using HD plan.
2013 - 2017
I really appreciated Dr. Benadiva's bedside manner. I never felt uncared for but he was always matter of fact...I very much appreciate upfront and honesty. This was not the time I wanted any false hopes or my doctor to tell me what I wanted to hear...He shoots right from the hip. If you need coddling throughout the process, Dr. Benadiva isn't the doctor for you, but I 100% appreciated that about him.
2013 - 2017
I very much appreciate upfront and honesty. This was not the time I wanted any false hopes or my doctor to tell me what I wanted to hear. I really appreciated Dr. Benadiva's bedside manner. I never felt uncared for but he was always matter of fact.
He shoots right from the hip. If you need coddling throughout the process, Dr. Benadiva isn't the doctor for you, but I 100% appreciated that about him. I went in and wanted to get pregnant. I wasn't trying to make a friend. I wanted to be told exactly what I needed to do and I'd do it.
I never felt like a number. He or any member of his team were there to answer any questions I had.
Started with Levothyroxine and my dose was adjusted several times. I was on 150 Menopur, 300 Gonal F, Ganerelix and 1 ML PIO injections. I am currently 8 weeks 3 days with twins.
Everyone was fantastic.
Insurance covered our ivf
Due to my age, transferring two embryo's was suggested. I went into this knowing I wanted to transfer two as this maybbe our only shot.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Other
Dr. Benadiva showed up (on his day off, a Sunday) to personally conduct my egg retrieval. He was so caring and helpful throughout the process. It was as if our challenge was his as well... He was always there for me, with personal phone calls even over the weekend to update me on my embryos. He knew from the beginning that I was unlikely to conceive but he tried his hardest and was my greatest cheerleader.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Other
Dr. Benadiva cares so much. He was always there for me, with personal phone calls even over the weekend to update me on my embryos. He knew from the beginning that I was unlikely to conceive but he tried his hardest and was my greatest cheerleader.
Ask your questions again and again and again and don't worry, Dr. Benadiva is incredibly patient. He will explain everything as many times - and in as many ways - as you need it.
no memory of this.....sorry
The nurses were efficient, caring, and always willing to explain how to give injections.
Small waiting room in a somewhat confusing building. But once you're in, the rooms are clean and well-lit and the clinicians make it all worthwhile.
2013
I thought he [Dr. Benediva] was very professional. He was honest with us at all times. He made sure we understood the processes we were going through. Very good doctor!
2013
How was your experience with Claudio Benadiva at UCONN Health?
I thought he was very professional. He was honest with us at all times. He made sure we understood the processes we were going through. Very good doctor!
UCONN Health