7.3

2 BATTERSON PARK ROAD
Farmington, CT 06032
(844 467 3483)

2015 - 2016, Unsuccessful
I felt like a number [with Dr. Benadiva] . Office visits while few and far between felt rushed. Instead of trying to tweak something he went right to IVF. After HSG no other tests to find out why were preformed...I felt he gave more care and consideration to the students with him, than to me and my husband. The patients!...After 2 failed IUI's I asked about either changing med or at least increasing the meds. Nothing was changed. Then he suggested IVF because my husband sperm analysis kept coming in with great numbers
Clinic [Center for Advanced Reproductive Services: UCONN Medical] itself is wonderful...Glori [nurse] is the best. She makes him a good doctor...First IUI he [Dr. Benadiva] went with Clomid because I'd used it with my OB and that resulted in a pregnancy(subsequent loss). After 2 failed IUI's I asked about either changing med or at least increasing the meds. Nothing was changed. Then he suggested IVF because my husband sperm analysis kept coming in with great numbers.
How was your experience with Claudio Benadiva at Center for Advanced Reproductive Services (UCONN Medical)?
I felt he gave more care and consideration to the students with him, than to me and my husband. The patients! I'm not shy, I know how students learn but when my legs are in stirrups I'd like to be spoken to, not spoken at.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Claudio Benadiva at Center for Advanced Reproductive Services (UCONN Medical)?
Ask him to slow down. Either when speaking or in treatments.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Claudio Benadiva at Center for Advanced Reproductive Services (UCONN Medical)?
I'm sure he's great and has done well with patients, but I felt like a number. Office visits while few and far between felt rushed. Instead of trying to tweak something he went right to IVF. After HSG no other tests to find out why were preformed.
Describe the protocols Claudio Benadiva used in your cycles at Center for Advanced Reproductive Services (UCONN Medical) and their degree of success.
First IUI he went with Clomid because I'd used it with my OB and that resulted in a pregnancy(subsequent loss). After 2 failed IUI's I asked about either changing med or at least increasing the meds. Nothing was changed. Then he suggested IVF because my husband sperm analysis kept coming in with great numbers. Made me feel like it's all my fault. Probably true, didn't need my doctor to insinuate that.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Advanced Reproductive Services (UCONN Medical). (Assigned nurse: Glorimar Diaz)
Glori is the best. She makes him a good doctor.
Describe your experience with Center for Advanced Reproductive Services (UCONN Medical).
Clinic itself is wonderful.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Claudio Benadiva at Center for Advanced Reproductive Services (UCONN Medical).
Paid specialist co-pay for appts. My insurance pharmacy wouldn't approve IVF meds. My insurance did cover clomid.
Describe Claudio Benadiva's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Advanced Reproductive Services (UCONN Medical).
He explained why he recommends single embryo transfers and I agree.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Advanced Reproductive Services (UCONN Medical)?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Center for Advanced Reproductive Services (UCONN Medical).
My IVF cycle was cancelled due to pharmacy not approving meds. That was ok. Not clinic fault. The fault lies with them on they never called to see about a different option. The pharmacy said no, and they never followed up with me. The end.

2016 - 2017, Unknown Success
Surrogacy With Other Docs
I rarely saw him [Dr. Claudio Benadiva] and most of my communication was with his nurse Kathy. He seems knowledgeable and was friendly. The doctors who did my retrieval’s were nice as well. The nurses made he difference though.... He was airing on the side of conscious with the levels for my meds since I have previously conceived and carried a child to term. Although I would have liked to try and higher dose to yield more eggs since our insurance was changing and IVf wasn’t goinf to be covered. I only ended up with two mosaic embryos that round. Second round was a little more aggressive and we did end up with two normal embryos.
[UConn Medical's] Strengths: large clinic, easy to get in and out of Weakness: cost for self pay, pressure usbto use an agency for surrogate despite our wanting to go independent due to cost and because we have found our own carrier (hopefully)... The nurse was fantastic. Always patience, answered questions and was present.... Cycle with meds and patial insurance was about 5k, embryos testing 1,500 (x2)
I rarely saw him and most of my communication was with his nurse Kathy. He seems knowledgeable and was friendly. The doctors who did my retrieval’s were nice as well. The nurses made he difference though.
Be patience.
They would call and explain things to me. The nurse was patience.
He was airing on the side of conscious with the levels for my meds since I have previously conceived and carried a child to term. Although I would have liked to try and higher dose to yield more eggs since our insurance was changing and IVf wasn’t goinf to be covered. I only ended up with two mosaic embryos that round. Second round was a little more aggressive and we did end up with two normal embryos. We are still waiting for a carrier to work out for transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Advanced Reproductive Services (UCONN Medical). (Assigned nurse: Kathy Varkal. )
The nurse was fantastic. Always patience, answered questions and was present.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Center for Advanced Reproductive Services (UCONN Medical).
It was quick for the most part.
Cycle with meds and patial insurance was about 5k, embryos testing 1,500 (x2)
No comments since we haven’t made it that far yet.
2013, Successful
I thought he [Dr. Benediva] was very professional. He was honest with us at all times. He made sure we understood the processes we were going through. Very good doctor!
I thought he [Dr. Benediva of Uconn] was very professional. He was honest with us at all times. He made sure we understood the processes we were going through. Very good doctor!
I thought he was very professional. He was honest with us at all times. He made sure we understood the processes we were going through. Very good doctor!

2021 - 2022, Successful
[Dr. Benadiva] was clearly competent and was really helpful in directing my care, but in the 8 months I was being treated at the clinic, I met him twice. If you want a hands on doctor, he’s not it. I did feel like he was working behind the scenes in my overall treatment plan and I know whatever happened had been run by him...The visits were also pretty quick with him which for me was fine, but just something to know...
[our UCONN nurse] was always willing to answer any questions I had and I always got a return phone call when I left a message...Since I was doing iui, my lesbian status didn’t really routinely come up. But at the clinic my partner was always welcomed and we were treated as any other couple, which was nice...Overall they were fine. The atmosphere was warm, and I rarely ever felt like just a number (only on weekends when the usually staff wasn’t there). The front desk staff was professional and treated me with kindness, and the check-in process was efficient.
He was clearly competent and was really helpful in directing my care, but in the 8 months I was being treated at the clinic, I met him twice. If you want a hands on doctor, he’s not it. I did feel like he was working behind the scenes in my overall treatment plan and I know whatever happened had been run by him.
Don’t expect him to spend lots of time with you during each visit he sees you. He is friendly, but also very efficient.
Each time I see him, it was clear he knew my case and medical history, but he wasn’t super warm. The visits were also pretty quick with him which for me was fine, but just something to know.
The first three cycles of iui were done with the use of Letrozole and me charting my own hormones through the use of at home fertility monitoring. When the hormones were right, I went in the next morning for insemination. After the third cycle with no luck, Dr. Benidiva did a dye procedure and learned that one of my tubes was blocked. Fine, but I wish I had known that earlier so we could better time my cycles. The cycle after the dye procedure was a bust, I ovulated on the side that was blocked. The next month we tried a fourth time and this time we also did daily blood work and ultrasounds to more precisely time my ovulation…and it worked!!
How competent was Claudio Benadiva at LGBTQ care?
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Advanced Reproductive Services (UCONN Medical). (Assigned nurse: Leah S)
Leah was the best!! She was always willing to answer any questions I had and I always got a return phone call when I left a message. She was kind and compassionate when things didn’t go as planned and she celebrated with us when they did! I can’t say enough good things about her! I also appreciated that if she was ever off work for a day, someone was covering her phone and I never felt I was left hanging out to dry.
How competent was Center for Advanced Reproductive Services (UCONN Medical) at LGBTQ care?
They were. It didn’t ever catch anyone off guard (that I saw) that I was in a lesbian relationship, my partner was always warmly welcomed, and even when I visited singly no one ever forgot that I was a lesbian (or they didn’t ask me about my husband).
Describe your experience using 3rd party reproduction (donor eggs, donor sperm, or gestational carrier) at Center for Advanced Reproductive Services (UCONN Medical).
Mostly fine, although they do truly leave it up to the patient to call and let them know a shipment of donor sperm is on the way. If you don’t, you’ll get a frustrated voicemail from the donor sperm coordinator about how you’ve inconvenienced her. They let you know up front it is potent responsibility, you just can never forget. The process of buying the sperm and sending it was seamless, and there was never a time I worried it wouldn’t arrive or be handled appropriately.