Kaiser Permanente NorCal

Doctor available by emailNurse available by direct lineNot available by cell phone
Medical SchoolSUNY
ResidencyDuke
FellowshipU. of North Carolina
Fremont
39141 Civic Center Driv
Fremont, CA 94538
2238 Geary Blvd
San Francisco, CA 94115
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Clemens Grosskinsky to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Kaiser Permanente NorCal to a friend?
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Dr. Grosskinsky is a good doctor. He's getting close to retirement so I don't think he has the same passion and drive that he used to, but he's still aggressive and obviously wants the best for his patients. I do feel like I had to be my own advocate at times and wish he had been a little more thorough in my treatment.... I have done IUI's with donor sperm. Dr. Grosskinsky did not think a natural cycle would be beneficial but I did one back in 2015 that didn't work. We then did clomid and I produced a lot of follicles and that cycle worked.
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with Clemens Grosskinsky at Kaiser Permanente NorCal?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Clemens Grosskinsky at Kaiser Permanente NorCal?
Be your own advocate! Do your own research and suggest new things to try.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Clemens Grosskinsky at Kaiser Permanente NorCal?
Dr. Grosskinsky has very good bedside manner and he definitely remembers details about me, my fertility history, and my family which makes me feel like a human. However, there are times when I think he could be a little more thorough in my treatment.
Describe the protocols Clemens Grosskinsky used in your cycles at Kaiser Permanente NorCal and their degree of success.
I have done IUI's with donor sperm. Dr. Grosskinsky did not think a natural cycle would be beneficial but I did one back in 2015 that didn't work. We then did clomid and I produced a lot of follicles and that cycle worked. I have a 2 1/2 year old daughter. We're trying for number 2 and I've done 6 failed IUI's. We've tried natural, clomid, combo cycle (clomid + injectables), and injectables. We've added in ganirelix to help with the timing, and all negative. Most of my IUI's have been 36 hours post trigger shot, so I'm thinking about trying a back-to-back IUI next to help with timing.
The nursing staff is excellent. They're on top of their stuff and get back to voicemails very quickly. They're helpful and informative!
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente NorCal.
I go to the Kaiser infertility clinic in San Ramon. It's a smaller office and there are only 3 doctor's. I think the doctor's are overworked, which is one of the clinic's weaknesses. I think things could be run more efficiently if there were a couple more doctor's. I also hate that you are either an IUI patient or IVF patient. You can convert an IUI cycle to IVF should there be too many follicles, and only one doctor does IVF. This clinic has a lot of strength's too though. The nurses keep the place organized and I feel like they really care. I believe they have a good success rate too.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Clemens Grosskinsky at Kaiser Permanente NorCal.
I have insurance through Kaiser where I only pay a $10 deductive for IUI's, ultrasound's, etc. Bloodwork is free. I only pay $25 for injectables, and $10 for trigger shot or oral drugs. My insurance is great until I move onto IVF, and then everything is out of pocket, including medications. IVF will be about 14k with only a fresh transfer, and another 4k for medications.
Describe Clemens Grosskinsky's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kaiser Permanente NorCal.
I have not done IVF yet but I know Kaiser is very against multiples.
San Ramon
Dr. Grosskinsky was amazing. He always had a personal conversation before getting down to the actually appointment and always remembered what we talked about in the appointment before. I loved him as a doctor and always felt comfortable.... He was very straight forward and honest about our issues and chances of IUI working. While at the same time truly caring about us as people. He really cared about us and never rushed us in and out or pushed anything or procedures on us. He listened and made a plans based on our needs. A great doctor.
How was your experience with Clemens Grosskinsky at Kaiser Permanente NorCal?
That he is a good doctor. He is caring and he is honest. He is a funny person and likes to tell jokes to him ease the situation.
I only had IUI done by Dr. G and for the first treatment he had me on clomid and the second time he adjusted to Fermara because with clomid my uterual lining was a little thin.
The staff are amazing. Always welcoming, caring, kind and responsive. They cared about us and our needs and were always willingly to listen.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente NorCal.
The only weakness this clinic has is that it is a drive from my house, and that they don’t perform the IVF procedure at their location. The are kind, welcoming staff and truly care about their patients and do not rush or make you feel like a number.
Our insurance covered 50% of the IUI procedure. The ultra sounds out of pocket was around $100, the IUi itself I think was around $200 and the medication for each IUI was around $100 after insurance.
San Ramon
Our Dr. [Dr. Clemens Grossinsky] Was thorough with all of our options and very personable even gave us some tips to save money. I felt like he cared and answered all of my questions. I think I have found you have to ask a lot of questions because it comes so natural to them dealing with it every day... We started with 50mg of Clomid and timed intercourse. It was our decision as to where we wanted to start and based on expense we chose this first. The 50mg of Clomid didn’t Produce any eggs so we moved right to 100mg and I have 2 follicles ready. We did timed intercourse with trigger shot. We were unsuccessful and when I went back in I had a 4cm cyst so I am Sitting this month out.
How was your experience with Clemens Grosskinsky at Kaiser Permanente NorCal?
Our Dr. Was thorough with all of our options and very personable even gave us some tips to save money. I felt like he cared and answered all of my questions. I think I have found you have to ask a lot of questions because it comes so natural to them dealing with it every day
Ask a lot of questions to ensure you fully understand everything that is being explained to you.
He was thorough in his exploration of everything and trued to relate
Friendly patient thorough
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente NorCal.
The clinic is friendly. You will only see Dr. G if that is the day he is working otherwise it’s another Dr or nurse practitioner and the 2 that I saw were fantastic. I was able to be billed for everything and that was nice for financial purposes
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
He [Dr. Grosskinsky] is blunt and to the point. Lacks compassion but not on purpose. He is old school md practicing old medicine. He is raw and unfiltered. He is up front and no sugar coating. But sometimes truth hurt....He means well...Lack of compassion....Too small, not enough doctors. I feel they [Kaiser Permanente NorCal] have too many patients on there case load. Difficult to get in when you need. It would be nice to have more options of doctors. But its nice love the nurses. I love maria
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with Clemens Grosskinsky at Kaiser Permanente NorCal?
He is blunt and to the point. Lacks compassion but not on purpose. He is old school md practicing old medicine. He is raw and unfiltered. He is up front and no sugar coating. But sometimes truth hurt.
He means well
Lack of compassion.
I do not recall
Love love love the nursing staff
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente NorCal.
Too small, not enough doctors. I feel they have too many patients on there case load. Difficult to get in when you need. It would be nice to have more options of doctors. But its nice love the nurses. I love maria
Covered under medical insurance
What specific things went wrong at Kaiser Permanente NorCal?
San Francisco
He [Clemens Grossinsky] is a little bit eclectic but helps keep things positive and light. I’m performing the IUI he was not the most gentle and my wife experienced a little more discomfort than with the other doctors. I would certainly trust him with further treatments....During treatment he was always very kind, personal and helped us maintain hope for our goal....
How was your experience with Clemens Grosskinsky at Kaiser Permanente NorCal?
He is a little bit eclectic but helps keep things positive and light. I’m performing the IUI he was not the most gentle and my wife experienced a little more discomfort than with the other doctors. I would certainly trust him with further treatments.
Have a sense of humor
Standard
Quality Kaiser staff
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente NorCal.
Being Kaiser they have requirements that other clinics may not. Like requiring trying without treatment for a year before they will consider you a candidate for treatment. If you have good insurance, the cost is low considering the number of appointments you end up going to and all the medications.