Doctor available by email
FellowshipU. of North Carolina
2300 Camino Ramon
San Ramon, CA 94583
925-244-7400
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Clemens Grosskinsky to a friend?

7.1

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Kaiser Permanente NorCal to a friend?
He’s very blunt, has no bedside manner, and doesn’t seem to care if treatment works or not. He found out that I had complained about him and confronted me about it, chewing me out for doing so. ... I cannot stress enough how much I would not recommend Dr. Grosskinsky. He’s threatens me in a way that I can’t put my finger on ... He makes me feel powerless and less than human.
How was your experience with Clemens Grosskinsky at Kaiser Permanente NorCal?
Dr. Grosskinsky is a fear monger omg doctor. He told my partner and I that if I didn’t follow his exact instructions I could end up “in a body bag” and my children would end up “on the short bus”. He would blame me if treatment didn’t work. He’s very blunt, has no bedside manner, and doesn’t seem to care if treatment works or not. He found out that I had complained about him and confronted me about it, chewing me out for doing so.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Clemens Grosskinsky at Kaiser Permanente NorCal?
If you must see him, ask if you can record him or have your partner in the room. He made me feel very threatened and having a recording or partner with you makes the appointment more bearable.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Clemens Grosskinsky at Kaiser Permanente NorCal?
Sometimes I would ask questions, break down and cry from stress, or need further explanation on things I didn’t understand and he would blow me off, not answer my questions, or blame me for why treatment didn’t work. I felt like a number, and he was rushing off to the next patient.
Describe the protocols Clemens Grosskinsky used in your cycles at Kaiser Permanente NorCal and their degree of success.
Dr. Grosskinsky started me on 3 vials of menapur injections for 3 days. This overstimulated my ovaries. He then gave me 1 vial of menapur for 3 days followed by 4 days of final f. This also overstimulated my ovaries. He never tried 2 vials of any medication. He also refused to see me and do ultrasounds to check on my follicles at times despite my pleading that something was wrong.
There were a few nurses who were very caring and the rest seemed entertained by Dr. Grosskinsky’s terrible behavior. Many times I would see the nurses who were assigned to be in the room with Dr. Grosskinsky and I laughing at his remarks on failed treatment.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente NorCal.
We get seen by the doctor fairly quickly and the clinic is clean. However, the staff and Dr. Grosskinsky are cruel and unkind. I cannot stress enough how much I would not recommend Dr. Grosskinsky. He’s threatens me in a way that I can’t put my finger on it but other people have witnessed and understood what he’s doing. He makes me feel powerless and less than human.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Clemens Grosskinsky at Kaiser Permanente NorCal.
I’m with kaiser so my co pay was $5 for almost everything.
Describe Clemens Grosskinsky's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kaiser Permanente NorCal.
I never told Dr. Grosskinsky that I wanted twins or triplets or more. He still felt that he should tell me if I ever did decide I wanted multiples that they would “end up on the short bus or die.”
Fremont

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Clemens Grosskinsky at Kaiser Permanente NorCal.

3 IUI, IVF
I started with the least aggressive approach ... I realized that Dr. Grosskinsky may not have been informing me when I was not facing optimal circumstances for IUI but I am not certain about that. ... Dr. Grosskinsky has a great personality and sense of humor. He knows how to lighten the mood during awkward situations without discounting the emotional nature of fertility treatment. ... He showed that he cared about my overall well-being and remembered personal details that we had discussed in past visits.
3 IUI, IVF
How was your experience with Clemens Grosskinsky at Kaiser Permanente NorCal?
Dr. Grosskinsky has a great personality and sense of humor. He knows how to lighten the mood during awkward situations without discounting the emotional nature of fertility treatment. He showed genuine concern for my well-being when I presented him with a medical concern that had nothing to do with my fertility treatment. After seeing another fertility doctor I realized that Dr. Grosskinsky may not have been informing me when I was not facing optimal circumstances for IUI but I am not certain about that. Overall, I felt like his personality was a great fit for helping a stress-case like me deal with the realities of fertility treatment.
Ask questions, make sure you understand everything about your process and the recommendations being given to you.
Dr. Grosskinsky is personable and has a great sense of humor. He showed that he cared about my overall well-being and remembered personal details that we had discussed in past visits.
I started with the least aggressive approach; femara pills, trigger shot and intercourse. The second time; femara pills, trigger shot and IUI. The third try; a combination of femara pills and menopur shots, trigger shot and IUI. The forth and final try; 3 vials of menopur, trigger shot and IUI. After that we decided it was time for IVF and started seeing a different doctor.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente NorCal.
Kaiser is such a big operation that sometimes there are communication issues between all the different departments. The upside to that is have a care "team," who all bring something different to the experience.
The medications cost the most, about $600 when doing all menopur shots. The IUI cost about $400 each. IVF through Kaiser will cost about $25,000.
Fremont

He [Dr. Grosskinsky] was always asking how we were doing before he get to the next step of our treatment. He suggested what he thought was best but would still let me choose in the end what I wanted to do. I ... His communication was great. He worked with us on what was most cost effective for us. Some times it treatments and medication prices were overwhelming. He let us know I could get medications to get to my next appt then we could do an ultrasound to see how my body was doing.
How was your experience with Clemens Grosskinsky at Kaiser Permanente NorCal?
His communication was great. He worked with us on what was most cost effective for us. Some times it treatments and medication prices were overwhelming. He let us know I could get medications to get to my next appt then we could do an ultrasound to see how my body was doing. If we needed more meds we would go over it then and not to stress about it.
To go with him his has great bedside manners and is very easy to talk to about treatments
He was always asking how we were doing before he get to the next step of our treatment. He suggested what he thought was best but would still let me choose in the end what I wanted to do. If it was within reason.
We started with low dose Femara because of my history of migraines. We went in for IUI 1 and my body responded fairly well to Femara. IUI 1 failed. Over the course of our next 4 IUIs we added injections. The last IUI was only injectables. All IUIs did fail. We asked for another opinion from a urologist on my husbands sperm count. We were denied by several kaiser doctors. We decided to look outside of kaiser for another doctor whom we will be seeing next month. I did not have any major side effects from medication. I was a little sick and my body was sore. But that was about it.
Some of the nurses were great. Other were cold and shouldn’t be working in an infertility clinic. Some appt after IUI they would rush back in because they forgot paperwork or something in the room
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente NorCal.
I do feel like with kaiser thy do not want to find out the root of your infertility. They run some test to make sure you don’t have blockages and normal Bloodwork. That’s about it my husband has low motility. And they don’t care to find out the cause of it and also what his actual sperm count is.
Our insurance only overs 50% of IUI and some medications. When we went to our consult. They kept pushing IVF even though we let them know that our insurance wouldn’t cover any of IVF. The doctor almost insisted that we did that without any further testing. I didn’t like that because we were still told IUI was still a good option for us.

Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Dr. Grosskinsky is a good doctor. He's getting close to retirement so I don't think he has the same passion and drive that he used to, but he's still aggressive and obviously wants the best for his patients. I do feel like I had to be my own advocate at times and wish he had been a little more thorough in my treatment.... I have done IUI's with donor sperm. Dr. Grosskinsky did not think a natural cycle would be beneficial but I did one back in 2015 that didn't work. We then did clomid and I produced a lot of follicles and that cycle worked.
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with Clemens Grosskinsky at Kaiser Permanente NorCal?
Be your own advocate! Do your own research and suggest new things to try.
Dr. Grosskinsky has very good bedside manner and he definitely remembers details about me, my fertility history, and my family which makes me feel like a human. However, there are times when I think he could be a little more thorough in my treatment.
I have done IUI's with donor sperm. Dr. Grosskinsky did not think a natural cycle would be beneficial but I did one back in 2015 that didn't work. We then did clomid and I produced a lot of follicles and that cycle worked. I have a 2 1/2 year old daughter. We're trying for number 2 and I've done 6 failed IUI's. We've tried natural, clomid, combo cycle (clomid + injectables), and injectables. We've added in ganirelix to help with the timing, and all negative. Most of my IUI's have been 36 hours post trigger shot, so I'm thinking about trying a back-to-back IUI next to help with timing.
The nursing staff is excellent. They're on top of their stuff and get back to voicemails very quickly. They're helpful and informative!
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente NorCal.
I go to the Kaiser infertility clinic in San Ramon. It's a smaller office and there are only 3 doctor's. I think the doctor's are overworked, which is one of the clinic's weaknesses. I think things could be run more efficiently if there were a couple more doctor's. I also hate that you are either an IUI patient or IVF patient. You can convert an IUI cycle to IVF should there be too many follicles, and only one doctor does IVF. This clinic has a lot of strength's too though. The nurses keep the place organized and I feel like they really care. I believe they have a good success rate too.
I have insurance through Kaiser where I only pay a $10 deductive for IUI's, ultrasound's, etc. Bloodwork is free. I only pay $25 for injectables, and $10 for trigger shot or oral drugs. My insurance is great until I move onto IVF, and then everything is out of pocket, including medications. IVF will be about 14k with only a fresh transfer, and another 4k for medications.
I have not done IVF yet but I know Kaiser is very against multiples.
San Ramon

Dr. Grosskinsky was amazing. He always had a personal conversation before getting down to the actually appointment and always remembered what we talked about in the appointment before. I loved him as a doctor and always felt comfortable.... He was very straight forward and honest about our issues and chances of IUI working. While at the same time truly caring about us as people. He really cared about us and never rushed us in and out or pushed anything or procedures on us. He listened and made a plans based on our needs. A great doctor.
How was your experience with Clemens Grosskinsky at Kaiser Permanente NorCal?
That he is a good doctor. He is caring and he is honest. He is a funny person and likes to tell jokes to him ease the situation.
I only had IUI done by Dr. G and for the first treatment he had me on clomid and the second time he adjusted to Fermara because with clomid my uterual lining was a little thin.
The staff are amazing. Always welcoming, caring, kind and responsive. They cared about us and our needs and were always willingly to listen.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente NorCal.
The only weakness this clinic has is that it is a drive from my house, and that they don’t perform the IVF procedure at their location. The are kind, welcoming staff and truly care about their patients and do not rush or make you feel like a number.
Our insurance covered 50% of the IUI procedure. The ultra sounds out of pocket was around $100, the IUi itself I think was around $200 and the medication for each IUI was around $100 after insurance.
San Ramon

Our Dr. [Dr. Clemens Grossinsky] Was thorough with all of our options and very personable even gave us some tips to save money. I felt like he cared and answered all of my questions. I think I have found you have to ask a lot of questions because it comes so natural to them dealing with it every day... We started with 50mg of Clomid and timed intercourse. It was our decision as to where we wanted to start and based on expense we chose this first. The 50mg of Clomid didn’t Produce any eggs so we moved right to 100mg and I have 2 follicles ready. We did timed intercourse with trigger shot. We were unsuccessful and when I went back in I had a 4cm cyst so I am Sitting this month out.
How was your experience with Clemens Grosskinsky at Kaiser Permanente NorCal?
Our Dr. Was thorough with all of our options and very personable even gave us some tips to save money. I felt like he cared and answered all of my questions. I think I have found you have to ask a lot of questions because it comes so natural to them dealing with it every day
Ask a lot of questions to ensure you fully understand everything that is being explained to you.
He was thorough in his exploration of everything and trued to relate
Friendly patient thorough
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente NorCal.
The clinic is friendly. You will only see Dr. G if that is the day he is working otherwise it’s another Dr or nurse practitioner and the 2 that I saw were fantastic. I was able to be billed for everything and that was nice for financial purposes
San Francisco

Dr. G [Grosskinsky] is hard to work with. Sometime he would be super helpful and insightful. Other times he would be harsh in his explanations and bedside manner. He shared his opinions and that last straw we decided not to work with him any longer. ... They [Kaiser] missed an ectopic pregnancy that they thought was a miscarriage and I ended up having to have the tube removed.
How was your experience with Clemens Grosskinsky at Kaiser Permanente NorCal?
Dr. G is hard to work with. Sometime he would be super helpful and insightful. Other times he would be harsh in his explanations and bedside manner. He shared his opinions and that last straw we decided not to work with him any longer.
Have a hard shell and ask a lot of question. Be prepared for harsh answers.
At kaiser they didn’t make me feel like a patient. I felt rushed in and out of the office.
They worked with me for making the schedule I wanted. We started with clinic and after a failed iui resulting in a missed ectopic we went on the injectables.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente NorCal.
They are very busy and you don’t see the same dr all the way through. It gets frustrating and doesn’t feel consistent. After over three years of doing treatment there some dr. Still didn’t recognize me
We had 50% coverage so in the beginning our first few treatments were around $500 for clomid and iui. We then did injections and iui which became more costly at $3000. They seemed reasonable at the time.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
He [Dr. Grosskinsky] is blunt and to the point. Lacks compassion but not on purpose. He is old school md practicing old medicine. He is raw and unfiltered. He is up front and no sugar coating. But sometimes truth hurt....He means well...Lack of compassion....Too small, not enough doctors. I feel they [Kaiser Permanente NorCal] have too many patients on there case load. Difficult to get in when you need. It would be nice to have more options of doctors. But its nice love the nurses. I love maria
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with Clemens Grosskinsky at Kaiser Permanente NorCal?
He is blunt and to the point. Lacks compassion but not on purpose. He is old school md practicing old medicine. He is raw and unfiltered. He is up front and no sugar coating. But sometimes truth hurt.
He means well
Lack of compassion.
I do not recall
Love love love the nursing staff
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente NorCal.
Too small, not enough doctors. I feel they have too many patients on there case load. Difficult to get in when you need. It would be nice to have more options of doctors. But its nice love the nurses. I love maria
Covered under medical insurance
San Francisco

He [Clemens Grossinsky] is a little bit eclectic but helps keep things positive and light. I’m performing the IUI he was not the most gentle and my wife experienced a little more discomfort than with the other doctors. I would certainly trust him with further treatments....During treatment he was always very kind, personal and helped us maintain hope for our goal....
How was your experience with Clemens Grosskinsky at Kaiser Permanente NorCal?
He is a little bit eclectic but helps keep things positive and light. I’m performing the IUI he was not the most gentle and my wife experienced a little more discomfort than with the other doctors. I would certainly trust him with further treatments.
Have a sense of humor
Standard
Quality Kaiser staff
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente NorCal.
Being Kaiser they have requirements that other clinics may not. Like requiring trying without treatment for a year before they will consider you a candidate for treatment. If you have good insurance, the cost is low considering the number of appointments you end up going to and all the medications.