Available by cell phone
FellowshipWalter Reed
2160 Herbert Ct
Greenville, NC 27834
252-744-3850
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Clifford Hayslip to a friend?

9.7

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend ECU Women's Physicians to a friend?
As a single woman it was important for me to find a doctor who was not only willing to work with me, but do so in a non-judgmental manner and Dr. Hayslip has done so. ... he answered me back quickly and switched me to Femara. We didn't succeed on that cycle, but he has some ideas for when I'm ready to continue. This includes uping my dose of Femara and trying an abdominal ultrasound (an imaging place was able to find them that way a year ago).
Financial concerns - one clerk charged me one price for a procedure, another clerk charged me almost $100 more. Billing had to step in and fix it. Normally it would be a minor thing, but I have no insurance coverage for this and that money has added up. ... It's [ECU Women's Physicians] not fancy by any stretch of the imagination - if you're looking for plush and fancy, this is not the place for you. It's a regular doctor's office that is run by a university and teaching hospital. They don't do fancy. However, they are prompt and knowledgeable. I've had zero problems working with them.
How was your experience with Clifford Hayslip at ECU Women's Physicians?
Dr. Hayslip has been wonderful to work with. He's willing to listen to my concerns and address them. Even if I feel like I'm asking a silly question, he never makes me feel that way and always answers me with the utmost of professionalism and care. He's responsive to messages, he's willing to do what it takes to try and make me a mom. After my 3rd failed IUI, I emailed him and said I needed to take a break and he was kind in his response - and supportive. I'm not just someone he's working with - he knows who I am and is willing to work with me.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Clifford Hayslip at ECU Women's Physicians?
Take his advice, but don't be afraid to ask questions and see if there's other ways of doing things. Sometimes we forget to advocate for ourselves, but we need to do so even when we trust our physician. I absolutely trust Dr. Hayslip, and I know that any time I ask a question or feel like I'm bothering him, he'll make sure I know I'm not. He's willing to listen to what I have to say, to the questions I'm asking and he's not upset when I advocate for myself.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Clifford Hayslip at ECU Women's Physicians?
Dr. Hayslip has always treated me like a person when I've been with him. Whether it was our first meeting when we were discussing my options or every phone call or email after my disappointing negative tests, he never once rushed me or made me feel like I didn't matter. As a single woman it was important for me to find a doctor who was not only willing to work with me, but do so in a non-judgmental manner and Dr. Hayslip has done so.
Describe the protocols Clifford Hayslip used in your cycles at ECU Women's Physicians and their degree of success.
My ovaries like to hide and have been unable to be found on ultrasound (trans-vaginally or abdominaly), so we realized monitoring would be difficult. He tried Clomid to see if that would help and it didn't. He kept me on the Clomid for another cycle, which also turned out to not work. When I emailed him over Christmas with my concerns about the Clomid (it was making me nuts and my periods were so painful), he answered me back quickly and switched me to Femara. We didn't succeed on that cycle, but he has some ideas for when I'm ready to continue. This includes uping my dose of Femara and trying an abdominal ultrasound (an imaging place was able to find them that way a year ago).
Describe your experience with your nurse at ECU Women's Physicians. (Assigned nurse: Kay)
Kay has been awesome to deal with. She calls me back promptly and she knows exactly who I am and what my treatment is. She treats me like a person, which I appreciate.
Describe your experience with ECU Women's Physicians.
It's not fancy by any stretch of the imagination - if you're looking for plush and fancy, this is not the place for you. It's a regular doctor's office that is run by a university and teaching hospital. They don't do fancy. However, they are prompt and knowledgeable. I've had zero problems working with them.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Clifford Hayslip at ECU Women's Physicians.
It was $454 for IUI. That doesn't include sperm or medication - just the procedure.
What specific things went wrong at ECU Women's Physicians?
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Clifford Hayslip at ECU Women's Physicians.

Dr. Hayslip what's very knowledgeable. I felt extremely confident in his hands. He looked out for my best interests and I fully trusted him.... Be prepared to hear the honest truth. Because he's not going to sugarcoat anything to make you feel better. He's going to tell you the truth so that you know what you're facing and the cost that are involved. He doesn't want you to go through unnecessary steps costing you money if it's not going to result in a pregnancy.
Since Dr. Hayslip is the only ER there you may wait a little while for your initial consultation. As strengths, the clinic [ECU Women's Physicians] is comfortable and personable. I always felt welcome there and rarely had to wait longer than a few minutes to be seen. The clinic is very team oriented and they all seem to enjoy their jobs....I honestly did not see any weaknesses with the nursing staff. They were very kind and compassionate.
How was your experience with Clifford Hayslip at ECU Women's Physicians?
Dr. Hayslip what's very knowledgeable. I felt extremely confident in his hands. He looked out for my best interests and I fully trusted him. He told me the honest truth about my condition. I would recommend him 100 percent!
Dr. Hayslip and his staff were kind. I was treated with dignity and respect.
I was giving Clomid to stimulate my follicles. I then had an ultrasound. I also had blood work done to determine my FSH. The doctor saw very few follicles and my FSH was extremely low which led the doctor to the conclusion I had premature ovarian failure.
I honestly did not see any weaknesses with the nursing staff. They were very kind and compassionate. A few of them had experienced issues with conceiving as well. And I think that's what made them so caring.
Describe your experience with ECU Women's Physicians.
Since Dr. Hayslip is the only ER there you may wait a little while for your initial consultation. As strengths, the clinic is comfortable and personable. I always felt welcome there and rarely had to wait longer than a few minutes to be seen. The clinic is very team oriented and they all seem to enjoy their jobs.
ECU is probably one of the more expensive fertility clinics in North Carolina. But it was the closest to where I live. And fortunately for me all of my diagnostic testing was covered under my insurance. So I only had to pay my co-pays which were I believe $80 each visit.
Describe Clifford Hayslip's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at ECU Women's Physicians.
If I remember correctly my doctor suggested a multiple embryo transfer to increase the chances of success.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS
Dr. Hayslip always took the time needed to explain everything and made it easy to understand. He didn’t tell me what I wanted to hear, he told me what I needed to hear. That to me makes all the difference.... Dr. Hayslip was aggressive in treatment from day one and we loved that. He was very open and honest about all courses of treatment. The only course of treatment that I questioned was the ovarian drilling surgery but I’m so glad that I did it because it helped in resulting in us having our miracle baby.
Oh my gosh I could NOT have gone through this process without Nurse Kay. She was absolutely amazing. She is the most compassionate human being I’ve ever encountered on this earth. When we miscarried, she was right there hugging me and consoling me.... Some of the front desk staff [ECU] are not as friendly as you’d like. They were never flat out rude, but sometimes just did not get the warm and fuzzy from them. Luckily, you spend very little time with them.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS
How was your experience with Clifford Hayslip at ECU Women's Physicians?
Dr. Hayslip was absolutely amazing. He took the time to help us understand all courses of treatment and did not once make us feel like we or our dreams of having a family didn’t matter. He never once told me what I wanted to hear, he always told me what I needed to hear. This, to me, is a sign of a great doctor. I didn’t want the fluff I’d heard from previous specialists. I wanted to know what I needed to do to have a baby. Dr. Hayslip did just that.
Don’t expect to hear fluff or sugar coating. Go in and expect to hear the truth and follow his advice.
Dr. Hayslip was aggressive in treatment from day one and we loved that. He was very open and honest about all courses of treatment. The only course of treatment that I questioned was the ovarian drilling surgery but I’m so glad that I did it because it helped in resulting in us having our miracle baby. I did have to push a little to start injections but Dr. hayslip was nervous to because of my PCOS and hyperstimulation of my ovaries. But, we sat down, went over pros and cons and ultimately he agreed to start injections. Wouldn’t you know the very first cycle of injections brought us our rainbow baby.
Oh my gosh I could NOT have gone through this process without Nurse Kay. She was absolutely amazing. She is the most compassionate human being I’ve ever encountered on this earth. When we miscarried, she was right there hugging me and consoling me. Every clinic needs a Nurse Kay!
Describe your experience with ECU Women's Physicians.
Some of the front desk staff are not as friendly as you’d like. They were never flat out rude, but sometimes just did not get the warm and fuzzy from them. Luckily, you spend very little time with them.
We ended up only paying about $600 total for over 3 years of treatments with this clinic. Our insurances covered everything else.
+ Read more- Read less

We felt like after our chart was read that there was nothing that could be done but “just keep trying “ or IVF.... Hayslip seemed very knowledgeable about the process and we had heard great things about him but we expected him to want to run his own test and make his own diagnosis instead he read our chart and went off the other dr findings.... He prescribed clomid for two months and really didn’t get much out of the visits.
Strengths- easy to get appointment Weakness- seem to not really care if I became pregnant Chromosomal abnormalities are difficult to get a grasp of in Terms of fertility. The clinic [ECU Women's Physicians] has its own blood work center in house which was convenient... I had some blood work done and never received a call about the results... Copay 20$ chlomid 30 x 3 Refer to unc fertility appointments 80 x 2
How was your experience with Clifford Hayslip at ECU Women's Physicians?
We felt like after our chart was read that there was nothing that could be done but “just keep trying “ or IVF. We were already frustrated because 6 months prior we had a failed IVF attempt that was a horrible experience. Hayslip seemed very knowledgeable about the process and we had heard great things about him but we expected him to want to run his own test and make his own diagnosis instead he read our chart and went off the other dr findings. And that may be normal between drs but at the time we were extremely down and frustrated. He prescribed clomid for two months and really didn’t get much out of the visits. He then suggested UNC Fertility to y’all with them about IVF. We felt that he really didn’t think he could help us so we felt pushed away.
Keep in contact to keep moving forward
Cause he just sent us to ivf and no other test were performed.
We used clomid for 3 cycles, and were told to call when cycle started.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ECU Women's Physicians. (Assigned nurse: Mrs Abrams )
Very educated
Describe your experience with ECU Women's Physicians.
Strengths- easy to get appointment Weakness- seem to not really care if I became pregnant Chromosomal abnormalities are difficult to get a grasp of in Terms of fertility. The clinic has its own blood work center in house which was convenient
Copay 20$ chlomid 30 x 3 Refer to unc fertility appointments 80 x 2
Drs wanted to get multiple embryo transfer due to chromosome disorder
What specific things went wrong at ECU Women's Physicians?

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Unexplained
My experience with Dr. Hayslip is he is a very kind doctor, I had a great experience with him and the whole staff. He explains everything to you and answers any questions that you may have. He is never rushing or pushing and we'll take the time to make you feel like a patient and not just a number.... He is always willing to have a consultation with you when you don't understand something he sits down and talk to you with compassion and feels hopeful about each and every cycle
Strengths of the clinic [ECU Women's Physicians] are that they are very personable and treat you like a human being, the weaknesses are that they sometimes get very busy and check-in takes a while. I love the fact that I always see the same doctor at every visit and I'm not pushed around to a different doctor every time I go so my doctor is familiar with me and my history...The nurse was very prompt and returning my phone calls whenever I called to leave a message... I remember the IUI costing $600
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Unexplained
How was your experience with Clifford Hayslip at ECU Women's Physicians?
Do not be afraid to discuss any and everything with him and never be afraid to ask questions
The treatments were to First have an hsg to see if I had any blockage in my tubes before we started any type of fertility treatments
Describe your experience with your nurse at ECU Women's Physicians. (Assigned nurse: Lisa)
Describe your experience with ECU Women's Physicians.
Strengths of the clinic are that they are very personable and treat you like a human being, the weaknesses are that they sometimes get very busy and check-in takes a while. I love the fact that I always see the same doctor at every visit and I'm not pushed around to a different doctor every time I go so my doctor is familiar with me and my history
I remember the IUI costing $600
2012 - 2014
2 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Anovulation, Unexplained
This team, will become one of your greatest assets in your fertility journey!...These women saw me at my very worst, and were still there for support.
2012 - 2014
2 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Anovulation, Unexplained
How was your experience with Clifford Hayslip at ECU Women's Physicians?
Dr. Hayslip, is a very blunt, old man. He tells you what you need to hear, although it may not be what you want to hear, but in a way that I can respect. There is no fluff in his statements, but he is full of compassion. His only goal, with you as a patient, is for you to find success. I love Dr. Hayslip! This man has definitely found his calling in life.
Expect to be overwhelmed with the amount of respect and compassion one team can give you. Dr. Hayslip and his staff, treat you as an equal. They speak to you in terms you can understand, but they also don't talk down to you. This team, will become one of your greatest assets in your fertility journey!
The two additional nurses in Dr. Hayslip's office became more than just a caregiver. These women saw me at my very worst, and were still there for support. They have become part of my family, they cried when I did, were excited when I was, visited us after the birth of my son. They even attended my child's first birthday party!
Describe your experience with your nurse at ECU Women's Physicians. (Assigned nurse: Lisa Tripp)
These women, work around the clock to make sure that you are taken care of. No matter what day of the week, or what time of the day, these women are available, even if it is just to vent about the struggles.

Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
He is compassionate and knowledgeable. I felt very comfortable being his patient. They were also respectful of my time and I did not feel like it was wasted sitting in the waiting room. Dr. Hayslip was able to adust treatment needed and I had a voice in treatments....He took as much time as needed to answer all my questions....Dr. Hayslip recommended least invasive treatment first. We started with Clomid and ultrasound monitoring then moved to shots with IUI.
They [ECU Women's Physicians- Greenville] were kind and efficient with time....$30 copay with each visit and $50 for ovadrill shot. Other costs associated with folistem....Dr. Hayslip recommended least invasive treatment first. We started with Clomid and ultrasound monitoring then moved to shots with IUI.... They were also respectful of my time and I did not feel like it was wasted sitting in the waiting room. Dr. Hayslip was able to adust treatment needed and I had a voice in treatments.
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Clifford Hayslip at ECU Women's Physicians?
Ask questions if you don't understand
He took as much time as needed to answer all my questions.
They were kind and efficient with time.
Describe your experience with ECU Women's Physicians.
Clean and efficient with time
+ Read more- Read less
[Dr. Hayslip's] strength was that he was understanding, informative and sympathetic. He was one the best doctors I have encountered with my whole entire life and without Hayslil I wouldn’t have the 10% chance to get preganant. Before I had slim to none. He had no weakeness, amazing doctor...did my sugery but he made sure the clinic I came from was on top of their game and was monitoring me closely. He wanted to the best for me because I am young and it’s hard for me to go through all of this fertility issues at this age.
The nursing [at ECU Women's Physicians] staff kept a steady pace of getting patients in and out...The nurses were always so kind to me and were always greeting me with a smile. They made talks with me and made me feel at ease every time I came into their clinic. I wouldn’t want to change anything about this nursing staff...[Dr. Hayslip's] strength was that he was understanding, informative and sympathetic.
East Asian, South Asian, Other
How was your experience with Clifford Hayslip at ECU Women's Physicians?
His strength was that he was understanding, informative and sympathetic. He was one the best doctors I have encountered with my whole entire life and without Hayslil I wouldn’t have the 10% chance to get preganant. Before I had slim to none. He had no weakeness, amazing doctor.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. I know patients can be intimidated by doctors but being inform with everything going on in your treatment will make you feel more at ease.
Dr Hayslip was very throughly with everything that happened and kept me informed with my sugery and everything that’s as going on. He was sympathetic and genuine. Amazing doctor.
Dr. Hayslip did my sugery but he made sure the clinic I came from was on top of their game and was monitoring me closely. He wanted to the best for me because I am young and it’s hard for me to go through all of this fertility issues at this age.
The nursing staff kept a steady pace of getting patients in and out.
Describe your experience with ECU Women's Physicians.
Since my husband is active duty Tricare Prime covered for my medical.
I don’t have the funds for IVF right now but I hope in the near future we will. Husband is always training and deploying and we have always wanted a big family.