Nurse available by email
ResidencyU. of Michigan
FellowshipU. of Vermont
2828 Chicago Ave. S.
Minneapolis, MN 55407
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Colleen Casey to a friend?

4.2

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota to a friend?
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
She [Dr. Colleen Casey] has been nice, warm and welcoming and made us feel like it was their priority to get us pregnant. She was honest in answering the questions I had for her during our consult as well, which I appreciate completely.... I just wish we could hear back from her directly, so further questions could be answered in a phone call rather than waiting for a nurse to talk to her and then call back, or waiting for the next conference.
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
How was your experience with Colleen Casey at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
I just wish we could hear back from her directly, so further questions could be answered in a phone call rather than waiting for a nurse to talk to her and then call back, or waiting for the next conference. She has been nice, warm and welcoming and made us feel like it was their priority to get us pregnant. She was honest in answering the questions I had for her during our consult as well, which I appreciate completely.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Colleen Casey at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Be prepared to ask questions at your consult, and possibly not hear much from her until the conference scheduled or a procedure.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Colleen Casey at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
I understand their clinic is very busy with patients, and that nurses may be the ones calling us back with answers to our questions. We had our consult and other questions I have had have been answered by a message, the nurses checking with C.C. and then calling me back.
Describe the protocols Colleen Casey used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota and their degree of success.
We are just starting out, and my husband has male factor infertility so she explained possible treatment options depending on what the urologist comes up with...but most likely IVF will be our best bet. We also talked about possible further treatments if other things were found.
Every person we encountered was very nice, greeting with a smile. We always felt welcomed wherever we entered.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Very warm environment with calming colors and decor in the waiting room and patient rooms. Warm and welcoming staff, including the people at the front desk. Lab techs and ultrasound techs are also very nice and knowledgeable. Busy with patient activity and tests being done.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Colleen Casey at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
So far, what I know of what we will have to pay is the tests we have had done. IVF is very much in our future and I'm needing information on that yet, but we were waiting to see what the urologist says and we have a conference with C.C. at the end of October.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Minneapolis

We [with Dr. Colleen Casey] did Letrozole so I would produce more eggs and we did a trigger shot so we would know exactly when to do IUI and have it timed out great to give me the best chance. In having unexplained secondary infertility for more then 3 years now timing is so very crucial for me to get things right.... I think she was really great listening and showing compassion. She takes your thoughts and opinions and really cares. I felt like we were a team with the same goal and that made me feel positive. I feel good after I speak to her and she gives me hope.
I think she was really great listening and showing compassion. She takes your thoughts and opinions and really cares. I felt like we were a team with the same goal and that made me feel positive. I feel good after I speak to her and she gives me hope. I wish she would have been more active with the actual procedure (IUI) or explained who would do what as that was a little confusing. I feel like she cares about you as a person not just a patient looking to make money off of you.
Ask tons of questions and do research prior to your appointment so you know what to ask and definitely don’t feel shy asking about prices of different treatment routes.
She listened to me and asked me my thoughts on treatment routes and really cared about me as a person.
We did Letrozole so I would produce more eggs and we did a trigger shot so we would know exactly when to do IUI and have it timed out great to give me the best chance. In having unexplained secondary infertility for more then 3 years now timing is so very crucial for me to get things right.
The nursing staff was great and explained things so well. They answered any questions and seemed very confident in what they were doing and made you feel absolutely comfortable when I was very anxious and high stress. The reassurance I felt was fabulous!
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
The strengths are the doctors and nurses seem to really love what they do ❤️ It’s a positive vibe when you walk in and I live that. They could have more administrative staff helping with scheduling, paperwork, insurance questions as I felt like that was a bit rushed and a little chaotic. Also when calling they seemed rushed like they were experiencing too many calls and needed more staff.
The IUI was about 1,200 and the Letrozole was 10$ covered by my insurance. The trigger shot was 260$ and was not covered by insurance and was a big hassle to get delivered as it came from a special pharmacy.
Minneapolis

We started with follustrom treatments for the first 3 IUIs [with Dr. Colleen Casey]. After all three came back failed we met with her (after waiting 2 months to get in to meet with her) and she kind of asked what we wanted to do next. Our insurance covers some of the IUIs and I told her I wanted to try something else because what we were doing wasn't working. For this upcoming cycle I'll be starting on menipur instead.
She seems very nice but I'm not fully convinced that we have explored all of the testing options. I would like to see her dive into our case more rather than just label us as "unexplained." Being that we have only met with her twice I would love communication even via email all the way. To know more of our numbers/stats/and potential to mix up treatment a bit.
Stick up for yourself. Ask her all the potential treatment options and fight to have them done even if she's not certain about them.
Because of her schedule we were not able to do a consultation with her after the 3 failed IUIs which resulted in taking a break from treatment until after we could meet with her. Other than before starting treatment and meeting with her after the 3 we had no direct communication from her.
We started with follustrom treatments for the first 3 IUIs. After all three came back failed we met with her (after waiting 2 months to get in to meet with her) and she kind of asked what we wanted to do next. Our insurance covers some of the IUIs and I told her I wanted to try something else because what we were doing wasn't working. For this upcoming cycle I'll be starting on menipur instead.
It would be nice to see the same one. They have all been nice. But with each appointment and each IUI I have had someone different. The only staff that has stayed the same is for blood draw and ultrasound tech. The nurses have sometimes seemed confused as to what medications are being used for the current cycle.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Easy parking, front desk staff are nice (but don't remember to tell you if you should empty your bladder, have it full, etc.) Sometimes staff seems a little too professional/it would be nice to get a smile or two in this tough world.
Minneapolis

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Colleen Casey at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.

1 IVF, Donor Eggs
When I actually met with Dr. Casey, she was very personable. She was encouraging, although I wish she would have been more blunt and provided more realistic expectations. At times, I feel like she is encouraging so I will continue to spend money, even though it's probaby not likely to work. Also, from what I have learned, my treatment plan is the same as every one else - so not very personable.
1 IVF, Donor Eggs
I chose Dr. Casey because she was relateable - having children close to my age, being female. When I first met with Dr. Casey she was very encouraging and explained everything very well. However, I wish she would have encouraged donar eggs sooner, as my AMH level was very low.
Consider all of your options (donar eggs, adoption, etc.) in the beginning because the process rarely works the first time and can be very lengthy. Also, the treatment is mentally and financially exhausting. I don't think the mental side effects were fully explained to me.
With my own eggs, I was on bc to get my cycle in line with theirs. Then I was on Lupron for 10 days, then started Menopur in the a.m. and Follistem in the evening. During this time I had ultrasounds and bloodwork every other day. Took HCG prior to retrieval. Then, started endometrin twice a day and did day 5 transfer with fresh embryo. After transfer, started Vivelle patches and continue Endometrin. Unsuccessful. Switched to donar eggs with fresh transfer. Birth control to coordinate my cycle with donor. Lupron for 10 days. Then reduce Lupron (but continue) and start Estrace 3 times/day. After a couple of weeks, start Endometrin 3 times/day and Doxyclycline 2 times/day. Transferred only 1 embryo (per doctors very strong recommendation). Resulted in pregnancy, and then miscarriage after 4 weeks. Currently doing frozen embryo transfer with donor eggs. Started birth control to coordinate with clinic schedule. Lupron 20 U for 10 days. Drop to 5 U Lupron for 10 days and start Estrace (with Lupron) for approximately 21 days. Will also do Endometrin approximately 5 days prior to transfer and after.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota. (Assigned nurse: DeNae M)
The nurses, ultrasound techs, and lab techs have been great! Very compassionate and willing to answer questions. Some at the front desk are friendlier than others. No one was rude or unhelpful - just some were less personable.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
The nurses, ultrasound techs, and lab techs are great. They are very sensitive, caring, and compassionate. I feel that overall, the clinic is very busy, so it can be difficult to get a preferred appointment time, and the process seems to take a while just to be fit in to start each process.
It was approximately $21,000 for IVF cycle with my own eggs, approximately $25,000 for cycle with donor eggs, and approximately $5,000 for frozen transfer. Medication was an additional $1,000-$4,000 per cycle.
Describe Colleen Casey's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
In talking with nurse and doctor Casey, I was encouraged to transfer 2 for higher success rate, understanding risk of multiples. Day of transfer, Dr. Kuneck was only willing to transfer 1 embryo because of high quality embryo. It was not successful, so I wish I would have done 2. Now doing FET with plan to transfer 2 embryos.
Minneapolis

I didn't get to see Dr. Casey much throughout our fresh cycle. All of the ultrasounds scans, med modifications, and communication is done through the nursing staff. In addition, Dr. Casey was not the physician who performed the egg retrieval or the transfer of our embryos.... Dr. Casey is very knowledgeable and passionate about helping couples become parents. When our fresh transfer resulted in a negative pregnancy, she personally called me to discuss the results, what potentially happened, and what our next steps forward would look like.
Dr. Casey is very knowledgeable and passionate about helping couples become parents. When our fresh transfer resulted in a negative pregnancy, she personally called me to discuss the results, what potentially happened, and what our next steps forward would look like. She was positive and reassuring that we would some day be parents.
Ask ALOT of questions and be sure you really understand the plan - the only dumb question is the one not asked!!
I didn't get to see Dr. Casey much throughout our fresh cycle. All of the ultrasounds scans, med modifications, and communication is done through the nursing staff. In addition, Dr. Casey was not the physician who performed the egg retrieval or the transfer of our embryos. That was disappointing.
We had an antagonist protocol for our first egg retrieval cycle. I was on the lowest dose of stimulation meds. My meds included: 75 units of Menopur & 150 iu of Follistim. I stimulated extremely quickly and already had 5 mature eggs at my first ultrasound (stim day 5). I hadn't started the antagonist (Ganirelix) until immediately after that first ultrasound. However, I was a little worried that I stimulated so quickly - would they be good quality eggs? would my lining be ready to accept a transfer? ... At my ultrasound the next day, I had 8 mature eggs so they decided to have me trigger that night. I triggered with 10,000iu of HCG. I was also a little concerned that there wasn't any lining checks or measurements throughout the process of this fresh cycle. Overall, the process was pretty seamless. I was lucky and didn't have many side effects or discomfort during stimulation or after retrieval.
The nursing staff handles most, if not all, the communication between patient and doctor. It is nice to be able to talk with the nurse after each appointment to discuss current plan and any changes that may need to be made by the doctor. One weakness about the nursing staff at CRM, is that they often times don't call back the same day to answer important questions or respond to time sensitive information (i.e. got my period - when should I start birth control pills, etc.).
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
They take confidentiality seriously - but that also gives off a cold and secluded vibe. This could also be due to the nature that is infertility - a silent battle for each couple. The scheduling/office staff is always friendly and returns phone calls promptly.
Baseline Ultrasound ($263 ea.) - 1 Follow-Up Ultrasounds ($216 ea.) - 2 Office Visits ($89 ea.) - ? Labs ($181 ea.) - 3 Egg Retrieval - $3791 Embryo Transfer - $1669 Embryo Culture - $1810 Identification - $680 Anesthesia - $374 ICSI - $1200 Cryopreservation of Embryos - $1200 Ultrasounds (retrieval and transfer) - $635 Lab prep for transfer - $450 Medications - $2850.84
The doctor who did our transfer didn't put up much of a fight or invite any sort of discussion around the topic. We only had 1 blastocyst at day 5 (transfer day) and a less mature morula (day 4 cell). He also said that we likely wouldn't have any that made it to freeze. So... we decided to transfer 2 because that increased our chance of getting at least one by 10%. He didn't give us any explanation about why he only recommended an eSET and just said, "it's up to you". This was disappointing - especially now on the other side of transfer still not pregnant. In addition, I have done an incredible (spent HOURS on google) amount of researching on the best route and why - something that should be presented as pro's and con's at time of transfer.

Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
Colleen Casey spoke to us about our individual case. She was encouraging and understood the multiple considerations one needs to consider with IVF....Colleen Casey answered all of our questions thoroughly and never made us feel dumb for asking. She was receptive and offered alternative options. The clinic operates such that you have minimal contact with your actual doctor so we only spoke with her a total of 4 times, including once on the phone. She did seem a bit annoyed when we called with an after hours question about embryo transfer. We felt we needed time to consider all of our options but she mentioned that they were going to call the next day. I was a bit taken back by this.
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
In general Dr Casey is encouraging but if you see her realize that other doctors at the clinic are more clinical and aren't always exactly familiar with your situation.
We had infertility due to my husband having anejaculation due to cancer treatment. I am 38 but with a health 4.8 AMH and they counted 22 follicles pre treatment. We were prescribed Menopur, follistim and ganirelex. I only stimmed for 6 days, they retrieved 9 eggs, only 5 mature, 3 blasts on day 6, all tested abnormal with PGS. Trying again this time with Lupron, Menopur and Follistim. Dr Casey is hoping to slow down stim process a touch in order to have more mature eggs to work with.
Communication with the nursing staff is almost impossible. They never answer and if you don't answer it's impossible to get information. I'm a teacher and I learned pretty quickly I needed to step out of my class and run down the hallway for privacy if I ever wanted any information. They were kind during the in patient procedures.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
It's nice to know that they are constantly collaborating. It's a convenient location for all of the procedures and it's nice that everything is done in one facility. It's unfortunate that the monitoring hours are so limited though they were able to generally get me in when I needed to see someone.
Dr Casey was wonderful in recommending PGS when we said that we were really uncomfortable risking a Twin pregnancy. With PGS we can do single transfer and be pretty confident that we are implanting a healthy embryo.
2013 - 2015
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS
Dr. Casey is great. She listened to my concerns, and didn't dismiss my specific treatment requests- if they weren't in my best interest she would explain why, and then offer options. When I explained to her that I wanted aggressive treatment, she gave me a sound plan for hopefully achieving a healthy pregnancy. The perfect combination of "to the point" and people skills....Don't be afraid to ask for a specific treatment, or for her opinion on a course of action. She is very receptive.
2013 - 2015
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS
Dr Casey was great at treating me like a person because I never felt like she didn't remember who I was, or my case details. She remembered particular details, called me personally with results, and tailored my treatment plan to ME, not just a medical suggestion that fit my diagnosis.
I started on femara, at my request. Three cycles with Femara and TI yielded no results, so I was moved up to IUI +trigger. At this time Dr. Casey was on leave and a colleague of hers was monitoring her cases. This doctor refused to bump me to injection med with IUI+trigger, which I feel wasted cycles. I did 2 femara +IUI cycles with no result. On her return, Dr. Casey apologized for the mismanagement of my cycles while she was out, and immediately started me on an inject+trigger+IUI regimen. After my 1st failed inject/trigger/IUI cycle, my AMH was tested and was found to be .6, extremely low. We tried much higher doses of Gonal-f for my 2nd and 3rd injection IUIs, the 3rd IUI with these higher doses resulted in pregnancy and a live singleton birth.
I LOVE the nurses at CRM! They were always very compassionate, supportive and responsive. They did a majority of my treatments (U/S, inject teaching, plan communication, IUIs) and always made me feel confident and at ease. I trusted them completely.
A majority of my treatment was covered by a $10k insurance benefit. I believe the initial consultation was $450. CRM is extremely good at providing costs for services.
Minneapolis

She [Dr Colleen Casey] was friendly, but basically asked me how I wanted to proceed instead of giving her recommendation. She seemed confident I could conceive without intervention, even after 3 failed medicated cycles. I didn't feel that she had enough time to dedicate to really learning my situation and the treatment plan suffered as a result.
She was friendly, but basically asked me how I wanted to proceed instead of giving her recommendation. She seemed confident I could conceive without intervention, even after 3 failed medicated cycles. I didn't feel that she had enough time to dedicate to really learning my situation and the treatment plan suffered as a result.
Demand time and specifics. Ask what the plan will be if you don't respond as predicted. Push for diagnostic testing.
I only saw Dr. Casey twice during my 3 cycles of treatment. I had a different nurse every time and I didn't feel that my treatments were personalized. It was get me in and out as quickly as possible to get as many patients seen as possible.
I did two cycles of clomid and timed intercourse and one cycle of femara and timed intercourse. I didn't respond well to the clomid (only one follicle while taking the max dose), but did respond well to femara. I had indicated to her and the nurses that I ovulate late, but they still had me come in as if I was going to ovulate on CD14. This caused me to have to pay for additional ultrasounds which got to be very expensive. None of these cycles resulted in a positive pregnancy test.
Very matter-of-fact and didn't take the time to explain anything to me. When I questioned anything, I felt brushed off and not taken seriously.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Strengths are their availability to see many patients due to their staff. Additionally, they did work out a payment plan with me when treatment expenses exceeded the quote. It's styled to feel more "homey" if that's your thing. Weaknesses include the attitudes of the nursing staff. Additionally, when I had to come in over the weekend for monitoring, one of the other doctors was complaining about how it was his weekend to work and he didn't want to be there. It felt like the clinic was out to make money, not treat infertility.
Each cycle was extended due to my late ovulation which added at least two ultrasounds at ~350/scan. Due to this, we spent almost $5k on three cycles which was well above the estimated costs.

2013 - 2014
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
Dr. Casey listened well, was very compassionate and driven to help us succeed...Often times though, I would need to raise my concerns to her with data on why I thought treatment should be modified and then she would agree, and change treatment. I am thankful I advocated for myself as much as I did but wish that she would have been more proactive...However, towards the end of our time with her, the clinic was growing in patient volume and her interactions were getting less. When faced with a D&C, I appreciated her sharing her own experience with us to make our nerves less. She was compassionate and thorough and put our needs as a priority.
2013 - 2014
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
Dr. Casey listened well, was very compassionate and driven to help us succeed. Often times though, I would need to raise my concerns to her with data on why I thought treatment should be modified and then she would agree, and change treatment. I am thankful I advocated for myself as much as I did but wish that she would have been more proactive. If I hadn't known as much about fertility as I did, I don't think certain protocols would have been used. I did appreciate her willingness to take a call and felt that she was interactive in our IUI and IVF protocols. However, towards the end of our time with her, the clinic was growing in patient volume and her interactions were getting less. When faced with a D&C, I appreciated her sharing her own experience with us to make our nerves less. She was compassionate and thorough and put our needs as a priority.
Bring questions and know she will be willing to answer them all and make sure you understand them.
She didn't rush us at any time, was available via phone, and seemed to listen to all our thoughts with sincerity.
All 4 of our IVF cycles with her (2 fresh, 2 frozen) had me questioning some of my blood levels and protocols used. I was worried I was over suppressed and concerned with my hormones levels. Most of the time, she was not concerned, but after visiting other doctors, my concerns were validated. I wish I knew as much then as I knew now. The protocols seemed very basic and standard (mainly pre-printed in their guide book) and I would have like to see her individualize the protocols more. When I did express concern about estradoil levels for example, sharing that oils worked better for me than patches or pills, she was willing and happy to make those protocol changes, but again, that is something only learned through experience.
Timely response time, always had my chart in front of them, would share number results, was compassionate, thorough and intentional. A solid team!
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Very clean, upper class, good communication. Not a clinic where anyone would know your name - you are just a number here.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
I liked that they have women who are pregnant come in the afternoon, so you are never faced with a baby bump while in the waiting room. They always ran on time, had a good amount of appointments to choose from and I never had a problem!
Competitive within the Twin Cities area

Endometriosis, Unexplained
She [Dr. Casey] drew out pictures to help us understand and answered all questions. Other than endometriosis and low donor sperm counts, I have no known problems or reasons. I am in a same sex relationship. ... She was validating and used appropriate humor. ... She wasn’t rushed and she provided recommendations for holistic services. She has been warm even when she sees me in passing. ... She was very calm when I was anxious and she answered all my questions without judgement.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
She drew out pictures to help us understand and answered all questions. She was validating and used appropriate humor. She was warm and relaxed. She wasn’t rushed and she provided recommendations for holistic services. She has been warm even when she sees me in passing.
Know that it is okay to ask lots of questions and be vulnerable.
She was very calm when I was anxious and she answered all my questions without judgement. She has a very relaxed attitude.
She used Chlomid and trigger for three and then chlomid, follistem and ovidrel for two (and the upcoming one) because I only got one egg twist and two eggs once with chlomid and wasn’t responding optimally. Other than endometriosis and low donor sperm counts, I have no known problems or reasons. I am in a same sex relationship.
They were very warm and had various suggestions. Not peeing prior to help with the tilt of my cervix was the most helpful, after numerous painful iui’s due to problems getting the catheter in at another clinic.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Scheduling works smoothly, the office is clean and comfortable. I get slightly annoyed with having to go to the andrology lab after scheduling the insemination to get set up with them for spermicide thaw call time because the are separate, and the having to call the the morning of.
I don’t know.
Haven’t done this yet.
Minneapolis

She is a fantastic listener. She is kind yet honest and straight forward. Every time we met with her, she took time to sit down and be sure our questions were answered. We never felt rushed. I have, and will continue to, recommend her to anyone I know... For IUI we started with letrozole 7.5mg. I responded quite quickly and with many follicles. The next cycle we adjusted my dose to 5mg and got a more regulated response. We then moved to follistim (can't remember dose) and had good response to that as well. When we moved to IVF we used an antagonist protocol. We started with follistim and menopur. On day 4, we added ganirelix. I was about to stim for 10 days and had 21 follicles retrieved!
Make sure you ask questions. She is so helpful, so just advocate for yourself and she will support you.
She knew our story. She knew who we were as people and what we have gone through on our journey to parenthood. She was very interested in our opinions in our treatment
Nurses were always kind and understanding. I received calls back when I called in for questions. They were always interested in our success
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
The clinic is very easy to work with and it is very easy to schedule appointments. Everyone is kind and receptive. The receptionists are kind and helpful. The phlebotomists are very talented. The ultrasound techs are very nice and personable
I believe IVF with ICSI and storage of frozen embryos was about 15-18000
She is so willing to listen to your concerns. The clinic obviously prefers single embryo transfers but if you are willing to have a discussion showing why you want to transfer two and show that there has been a lot of thought into this decision, they are quite understanding
Colleen Casey

She [Dr. Casey] is very personable, knows my history, and really works to see what the best option is to do next ... have only seen her two times. Once for my consult, and then 3 IUI cycles later when she performed an HSG test. She was not the one to perform IUIs, and the nurses go back to her with what they had decided to do treatment wise. ... I have PCOS and don't ovulate on my own, so we started with provera to induce a period.
I have only seen her two times. Once for my consult, and then 3 IUI cycles later when she performed an HSG test. She was not the one to perform IUIs, and the nurses go back to her with what they had decided to do treatment wise.
Just know that you will not deal with her directly most of the time, and it will really be all of the nurses that you get to know the best
She is very personable, knows my history, and really works to see what the best option is to do next
I have PCOS and don't ovulate on my own, so we started with provera to induce a period. When i got my period, i called for a baseline ultrasound. take femara 2.5 mg to grow follicles. everything went well, and we did the trigger shot of ovidril and IUI 2 days later. the next 2 cycles the follies were not growing so we upped the femur dose to 5mg, and then 7.5mg to get the follies to grow. this followed with 2 more failed IUIs. the next cycle i had a residual cyst, so the cycle was cancelled.
I love the nursing staff. they have been fantastic, explain everything to me, and get back to me in a quick manner
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
i really like the clinic. clean, friendly, and free parking. the hours can be difficult since they close early.the clinic is easy to get to and there is plenty of parking. I wish that I saw my doctor more, and not just the nursing staff. the clinic is good at calling back soon after leaving messages.

Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Dr. Casey is warm, personable, and confident...We appreciated Dr. Casey's thoroughness is answering questions and explaining procedures, as well as her confidence that she could get us pregnant. We did feel that we were "steering the ship," so to speak, and would have appreciated a little more direction on her part. She was happy to do what we wanted to do and wasn't very directive, when we would have appreciated direction.
European, Latino, Native American
Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Be prepared to have a good idea of what you want to do!
Dr. Casey is warm, personable, and confident.
I was 38 at the time of retrieval with no history of pregnancy. I have unexplained infertility, with an AMH of 1.7 and normal hormone levels. I was put on an antagonist protocol with a Lupron trigger. We retrieved 10 mature eggs, 9 fertilized with no assistance, 7 embryos all graded excellent. We did a 5 day fresh transfer and I currently have a 4 month old son from that transfer.
Competent, kind, and organized. I did not have a consistent team though, and that would have been nice.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
They are excellent at the technological aspects of what they do, which is ultimately what leads to success or not. They are lacking in regards to consistency of care - we rarely saw the same nurses and had a different doctor for transfer and retrieval.
I believe we paid $12,500 total for retrieval, lab work, monitoring, transfer, and freezing of additional embryos. Medications were a separate cost.
Dr. Casey originally recommended transferring two embryos due to my age, but her recommendation changed when she assessed the quality of my embryos on transfer day. She highly recommended we only transfer one. We did and it was successful.
Minneapolis

Dr. Casey was very professional. She explained everything in detail, and drew diagrams for us. She answered all of our questions and expressed understanding of our situation. The only reason I scored her a 9 instead of 10 is because I would have preferred someone a little bit warmer, but she was an excellent doctor, and we have a beautiful child, so we have no complaints! ... Colleen Casey expressed understanding of our situation.
Write down your questions and bring them with you to your appointments.
Colleen Casey expressed understanding of our situation.
I did three rounds of Femara, and pregnancy tests were negative. We decided to do IVF, and did a fresh transfer. It was successful! We plan to do a frozen transfer soon.
The nurses were all very professional, seemed experienced, and were informative. I felt like some of them could have been warmer occasionally, but I was also tremendously emotionally fragile at the time. They answered all my questions.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
CRM is an excellent clinic with outstanding doctors and nurses. Also, I recall a certain phlebotomist who was a gentle wizard which was a relief since I had to get my blood taken so many times. The office is clean, and the receptionists are friendly. I would recommend CRM to anyone.
I believe the IVF bills totaled around 15K, but that includes meds.
Dr. Casey advised us to do a single embryo transfer considering my age at the time and our situation, and explained the risks of doing multiple embryo transfer. I am very glad we took her advice.
Minneapolis

Dr Casey calls me directly with test results and to discuss the plan moving forward. She asks us how we’re feeling about the plan and let’s us decide for ourselves what will be best for us. Dr Casey is optimistic in a reassuring way and is also compassionate when things don’t go as planned....Dr Casey will call me directly with more important lab results and other information. She came in early one morning to meet with us about our plan and she is always available to answer questions.
Dr Casey is not as touchy freely as some doctors and is more direct and to the point
You see a different nurse each time, so some of them I got along with better than others. However, the nurses are all friendly and willing to take the time to answer questions
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
The clinic is clean and welcoming. It is organized and able to be flexible with appointments. The clinic staff are friendly and also easy to get ahold of when needed. The phlebotomist is very nice and does the best job with the blood draws.
Monitoring appointments were so easy and quick. Your scheduled at a certain time and almost always the clinic is running on time or sometimes a little ahead of schedule. I was usually in and out within 30 minutes
Dr Casey provided us with the information needed and then fully allowed us to decide how many embryos to transfer

2012 - 2015
We were dealing with MFI and chose to use donor sperm. She [Dr. Colleen Casey] tested my AMH and based on that and a clear HSG, recommended three natural IUI cycles followed by Clomid if we weren't successful. We were successful and conceived on the first IUI both times and now have two wonderful daughters...Colleen Casey is attentive, knowledgeable, thoughtful, and listened to and considered all my concerns. She was very patient and understanding with us.
2012 - 2015
Colleen Casey is an extremely bright, well-researched, thoughtful and attentive physician. I am 100% grateful to have had her care. Even when we encountered our own personal setbacks, she was patient and understanding, and recommended consistently helpful courses of treatment.
Trust her but also don't be afraid to ask hard questions and propose alternatives - she will listen.
We were dealing with MFI and chose to use donor sperm. She tested my AMH and based on that and a clear HSG, recommended three natural IUI cycles followed by Clomid if we weren't successful. We were successful and conceived on the first IUI both times and now have two wonderful daughters.
Nearly everyone was compassionate, professional and organized. Rarely did I encounter a grumpy face. It made all the treatment that much better.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
It's a little overwhelming with all the options and insurance coverage etc but I think that is true of any clinic. Take good notes, do your research and ask questions.
My insurance covered 90% of the procedure fees

2011
I would see her [Dr. Colleen Casey] again in a heartbeat. I am a single mom by choice, and she was supportive of my journey...Dr Casey reassured me that the test results from a previous clinic were not ones that she was concerned about. She was realistically confident about my chances to successfully get pregnant...During my consultation with Dr. Casey, I felt reassured and confident that trying IUI again was worthwhile. She explained the process thoroughly.
2011
I came to Dr Casey after I was told by a different clinic that I had "old eggs" and that conceiving would be very difficult. During my consultation with Dr. Casey, I felt reassured and confident that trying IUI again was worthwhile. She explained the process thoroughly.
Make an appointment with her--she may not have as much experience as others in the clinic, but I would see her again in a heartbeat. I am a single mom by choice, and she was supportive of my journey.
I did one IUI cycle with Clomid. She recommended doing only one, well timed insemination. I got pregnant during this first cycle with her.
The nurses were very calm and reassuring. The nurse who helped with the insemination helped me to relax.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
As a single mom by choice, I felt supported and not judged.
I had to pay for the sperm. Everything else was covered by my insurance.

IUI, 1 IVF
Dr. Casey was always very kind and made us feel comfortable. Because of the size of the clinic, we rarely saw her and contact was minimal and primainly done through nurses. Having a different doctor perform each procedure was also hard as we had to put our trust into a new person each step of the way. I think it would have been a different if we were able to work with Dr. Casey more frequently.
IUI, 1 IVF
Dr. Casey is a caring doctor with a lot of expertise. Because of the size of the clinic, just be prepared to work with other doctors throughout your journey.
Very large clinic Minimal contact with doctor Very rarely were changes made to standard protocol
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Large clinic...long waits for appointments at times, and getting booked for an IVF cycle. Communication was good. Procedures and protocols were clear. Nurses were good about returning phone calls
Fresh ivf - about 15,000 Frozen transfer- about 5,000

Endometriosis, PCOS
I have really enjoyed working with Dr. Casey thus far. We are just in the midst of our treatments, post transfer, but do not know the results yet. I appreciate her specific attention to patients, and she seems to remember me when I see her - though it [Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota] is a VERY busy clinic. Though, for retrievals and transfers, you see the doctor on for the week. I had Dr. Casey for my retrieval, but my transfer was with a different Doctor. I do wish that I would have had the consistency of the same physician throughout the process, but I understand the need to do it this way with scheduling.
Endometriosis, PCOS
Be prepared with good questions
I have really enjoyed working with Dr. Casey thus far. We are just in the midst of our treatments, post transfer, but do not know the results yet. I appreciate her specific attention to patients, and she seems to remember me when I see her - though it is a VERY busy clinic. Though, for retrievals and transfers, you see the doctor on for the week. I had Dr. Casey for my retrieval, but my transfer was with a different Doctor. I do wish that I would have had the consistency of the same physician throughout the process, but I understand the need to do it this way with scheduling.
They're fairly good. Not terribly warm.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Very prompt with return phone xalls