Medical SchoolU. of Kansas
FellowshipU. of Utah
760 Wicks Lane
Billings, MT 59105
406-238-2475
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Colleen Milroy to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 100%9.9
9.8

9.8

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine and Fertility Care to a friend?
4 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Dr. Milroy was very straight forward and said that this cocktail of drug may help my egg quality but there wasn’t specific research to back it up. ... Dr. Milroy also is a big advocate for mental health and not “loosing yourself” in fertility treatments. She may make a recommendation for you to go to counseling. ... The same goes for the possibility she may ask you to loose weight. ... It felt very supported even though I was very sad about the outcome of the cycle.
4 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Colleen Milroy at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine and Fertility Care?
Dr. Milroy is very thorough and meticioulous about the treatment plan. She is a good communicator and let’s the patients know if she sees something that may cause a problem. She was very straight forward with explaining the plan of care and how our embryos developed. Dr. Milroy is up to date on infertility research and welcomes any and all questions.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Colleen Milroy at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine and Fertility Care?
My top advice to a new patient of Dr. Milroy’s would be to be open and ask as lots of questions. Talking to Dr. Milroy decreased my anxiety because I knew her answers were accurate and not just what the internet said. Dr. Milroy also is a big advocate for mental health and not “loosing yourself” in fertility treatments. She may make a recommendation for you to go to counseling. Don’t be offended by this suggestion, just know she wants you to be the healthiest you can be. The same goes for the possibility she may ask you to loose weight. I trust Dr. Milroy more than any other doctor I’ve ever had care from. She’s very genuine and knowledgeable. Her passion is helping couples get their miracle baby! You are in the best hands with her as your doctor. Good Luck!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Colleen Milroy at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine and Fertility Care?
I found out on Mother’s Day that my second round of IVF had also resulted in zero embryos for transfer. Dr. Milroy had personally called me and left me an encouraging voicemail. She told me that she was thinking of me and wanted me to know there was still hope. It felt very supported even though I was very sad about the outcome of the cycle.
Describe the protocols Colleen Milroy used in your cycles at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine and Fertility Care and their degree of success.
My first round of IVF was a standard protocol. Menopur and Follistim, with Generalix added in the last few days. My second round was Menopur, Follistim, and Lupron. I believe this was a stronger protocol. I also was asked to take DHEA 25mg three times a day, CoQ10 400mg twice a day, and Myoinositol 4gm every day for 90 days prior to my second IVF cycle to possibly improve my egg quality. Dr. Milroy was very straight forward and said that this cocktail of drug may help my egg quality but there wasn’t specific research to back it up.
The IVF nurses are extremely compassionate and knowledgeable. Zoe and Darci were my favorite. Darci actually went through fertility treatments herself to have a baby. I talked to the nurses openly and always felt my questions and conercerns were addressed 100%. The nurses are more than just nurses, they become your friends.
Describe your experience with Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine and Fertility Care.
Billings Clinic Fertility Clinic’s main strength is it’s size. It’s a relatively small clinic, which means you know every nurse and doctor. The IVF team itself is very compassionate and thorough. The IVF nurses order you meds two months in advance and do medication training early as well. They try to prevent any surprises. With it being a small clinic, you have to order in donor sperm or donor eggs as well, but the process is actually quite easy and I think you have better options because you don’t have to choose from their own database of donors. One weakness of the clinic, is it’s size as well. Because the fertility clinic is small, it only does 6 IVF cycles a year, every other month, beginning with January. Also, some of my medications came from a pharmacy in Oregon and was overnighted to me. This was a little stressful, but everything went very smoothly. One last word of advice, double check your needle size when you start administering IM shots like a trigger shot or progesterone. It wasn’t the fertility clinic’s fault, but the pharmacy kept giving me 18guage, 1 inch needless; I needed 22guage, 1.5 inch needles.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Colleen Milroy at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine and Fertility Care.
I think the IVF costs were pretty standard. The payments for an IVF cycle is due a few weeks before your initial ultrasound and blood work. There is a lady who gives out her direct line to duscuss the exact amounts and she can give you information if you need a loan. She seemed relatively easy to get a hold of.
Describe Colleen Milroy's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine and Fertility Care.
I’ve only had one, 1-5day embryo transfer. I didn’t want to take the risk of multiples, so never really asked to transfer more than one. I think Dr. Milroy would be open to transferring more than one embryo as long as the couple understood the risks associate with multiples.
Billings

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Colleen Milroy at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine and Fertility Care.

She [Dr. Colleen Milroy] sympathized with that, even though she never had to go through any of this. She made this horrible, draining process so much better. Even when my eggs didn’t make it to the end (all arrested on day 6) she made me feel as if it was not my fault (even though every woman going through this knows that is EXACTLY how you feel; that it’s your fault.) She gave me a box of tissues and told me I did everything perfectly, even when I felt like I didn’t. She said she was proud of me, even when I was absolutely defeated and a wits end with myself and my failing body.
Dr. Milroy was amazing. Through the entire process she made me feel “safe”. If that makes sense. Being 25 and going through this process, pretty much knowing that you have no chance of having a good outcome. But having Dr. Milroy tell me how good my eggs were responding to the meds and how great I was doing with the shots and being so informed on what I was doing, it made life so much easier. Our life was absolutely shattered when we found out I had premature ovarian failure. All I’ve ever wanted is to be a mom. I babysat all through high school/college because I love kids. Dr. Milroy understood that. She sympathized with that, even though she never had to go through any of this. She made this horrible, draining process so much better. Even when my eggs didn’t make it to the end (all arrested on day 6) she made me feel as if it was not my fault (even though every woman going through this knows that is EXACTLY how you feel; that it’s your fault.) She gave me a box of tissues and told me I did everything perfectly, even when I felt like I didn’t. She said she was proud of me, even when I was absolutely defeated and a wits end with myself and my failing body. She made me feel that I could try again, even if it wasn’t with my own eggs. She gave me all of the information without making me feel like an idiot. I knew what happened to my eggs, but she informed me anyways, in the easiest, least painful way possible. I would recommend her to anyone and everyone I could. Even though this process was something I wouldn’t wish on my worst enemy, I am glad I enjoyed the people who took care of me, including Dr. Milroy.
She is a warm, caring individual, but she will tell you the information you need to hear. She told me my odds were low, but that she had faith in me because of my age. Even though I failed, she didn’t make me feel like a failure. You will enjoy her, she is amazing at what she does!
She made me feel informed and she made it as pleasant as possible for someone being 25 with pretty much no egg reserve.
Dr. Milroy saw my situation and decided we needed to go all in. She got me into the cycle that was starting next and we were in within a month. I took 6 shots a day. 3 in the morning and 3 at night. The shots were Lupron, Follistim, and Menopur. We checked in every other day with the clinic. Everything was looking amazing. My right ovary was growing like crazy, although my left ovary was not. We ended up having to do shots an extra day just to get a little extra growth on my left ovary, even though it didn’t do anything. We then went in for retrieval and got 3 eggs! We were so excited! We didn’t even think we would get one! However, my egg quality was absolutely terrible, so none of them made it. But I personally feel Dr. Milroy did everything she could for me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine and Fertility Care. (Assigned nurse: Zoey Hallman, Julia Lennick)
I absolutely LOVED our nurses. We had Zoey and Julia (and also Darcy, but I only talked to her on the phone but she was amazing too.) Zoey and Julia took amazing care of us. I wish I could talk to them daily, that’s how close I felt with them. The gave me their personal numbers so I could text or call them with questions, I would email them CONSTANTLY. I was probably so annoying with so many questions and concerns and if I took a shot a few minutes late if I was going to be okay, etc. They were just so amazing. They both deserve awards for being such amazing nurses. Dr. Milroy, Zoey and Julia kept both my husband and I sane. And I love them so much.
Honestly, for being the only IVF clinic for hundreds of miles, they do an amazing job. They are informed on all new technology, the embryologist flew in from NY, and he was AMAZING. He was so nice. I just thoroughly enjoyed the entire clinic. Even the nurses in the “surgery center” were great!
We paid $9,000 for the egg retrieval and about $4500 for the medications.
I personally never made it to transfer, so I cannot comment on this.

Male Factor, Other
DR Milroy was very professional and compassionate, she never seemed to rush during her appointments and did take the time to explain the process before we got started...I think overall we achieved what we intended with Dr Milroy,..but I do feel like things could have been prevented / a better outcome had she and the coordinator made adjustments appropriately/timely in order to prevent my cycles being cancelled twice.
Male Factor, Other
How was your experience with Colleen Milroy at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
DR Milroy was very sweet and compassionate towards our situation. She had high hopes for us having success and a fast process. Unfortunately that wasn't the case and I think that threw her off a bit, given my age and no fertility issues (that have been diagnosed by labs or other sources) since we have male factor infertility we were expecting such set backs with me not responding to the stimulation meds. I think overall we achieved what we intended with Dr Milroy, which was a successful cycle and pregnancy which lead to having our daughter but I do feel like things could have been prevented / a better outcome had she and the coordinator made adjustments appropriately/timely in order to prevent my cycles being cancelled twice. I think being more aggressive with the meds once the issue had arose and not being timid about it would have possibly prevented this from happening. Once the first cycle was cancelled I feel like there could have been more drastic change in protocol for the next but rather it was only very minor and again timid throughout which lead to a second cancelled cycle.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Colleen Milroy at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
My advice for anyone going through treatment is, be your own advocate! Stand up for yourself make sure you and your Dr are on the same page with your treatment. Ultimately it is you putting all your hopes, dreams, tears, time, and money into this. Make sure everyone is working just as hard and fighting for it as you are.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Colleen Milroy at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
DR Milroy was very professional and compassionate, she never seemed to rush during her appointments and did take the time to explain the process before we got started. The staff were also very friendly and always seemed invested in us personally each visit, inquiring about how we were doing and all.
Describe the protocols Colleen Milroy used in your cycles at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
1st cycle- Agonist protocol with Menopur, follitstim and gannirilex. CANCELLED day 9 to poor response to stims. 2nd cycle- Agonist protocol again. Same medication, bumped doses by a quarter and still poor response, bumped a quarter again. CANCELLED CYCLE day 8/9 3rd cycle - CHANGED PROTOCOL Micro flare protocol. Menopur, follostim and micro dose Lupron. Stimmed for 14 days. 11eggs retrieved 10 mature 6 fertilized 1 5 day embryo and freeze FET with 5 day frozen embryo SUCCESSFUL transfer, pregnancy and birth of a baby girl.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jen K )
Jen and the whole nursing staff were great! Jen was very compassionate and seemed so invested in our journey. She made us feel loved and cared for during the course of our treatments. Even through the set backs she was able to show she cared and sympathized for us. She was thorough in her teaching and explaining the process to us and elimating our fears. She celebrated our success as if she was as happy as we were and just overall was outstanding and met our expectations for a our nurse coordinator.
Describe your experience with Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
KU med is a very professional and clean clinic. It is ran well and with very friendly staff. Any questions you had were answered and never made you feel silly for anything. The only thing I can say is that getting a hold of the clinic over the phone can sometimes be a hassle. Once you are in the process tho, you are given an email to your nurse and can hear back and get responses pretty quickly. I would reccoment this clinic if you are in the area, for sure.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Colleen Milroy at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
$9,850 which included monitoring, egg retrieval (anesthesia included), icsi , and transfer. Medication was separate
Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine
Overland Park

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Colleen Milroy at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.

Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Unexplained
[Dr. Colleen Milroy] Explained everything very detailed and specific to our situation. Spent ample time and answered questions as they arose. Explained all circumstances even risks associated. Follow up and course of treatment always explained. Felt she truly cared and was ingested in good outcome.... 1st cycle lower doses of meds which ended up changing for second round after failed IVF. After IUI she made quick decision to move onto IVF making it easier to do trusting her with next steps. She knew my limits as a patient and adjusted after first round explaining rationalle..was truthful when things didn't go as planned but always had a plan to move forward.
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Unexplained
Don't be hesitant to ask questions, she allows you to be in charge of your own decisions but educates you along the way.
Great follow up, kind, empathetic, truthful
Describe your experience with your nurse at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine and Fertility Care. (Assigned nurse: Zoey, Julia )
Feel I know them better than Dr. Always available, empathetic, knowledgeable and on top of things
Willing to come in on weekends, clean, comfortable, easy check in, all staff nice and helpful Wish it wasnt 2 hour drive but willing to make travel work, ease and flexible scheduling payments easily made and delivered, questions always answered
IUI app 2000 packaged price Ivf #1 9000 retrieval, 3500 fresh transfer, 3600 meds Ivf 2 8100 retrieval (10%) discount 2nd round 3500 frozen embryo transfer 600 IRA biopsy 3800 meds
She only does single and feels there are too many risks associated with multiples
Billings

On our first meeting she [Dr. Milroy] and her staff were so warm and personable. She sat down and drew out (by hand) exactly what we were going to do TOGETHER! She made us feel so comfortable and filled us full of knowledge we have been starving for the last 7 years.... She is absolutely amazing! She loves her job and her patients and it shows! She is very aware on how financially draining infertility can be and she was upfront that they are always looking for ways to help us cut down on the cost.
She is absolutely amazing! She loves her job and her patients and it shows! She is very aware on how financially draining infertility can be and she was upfront that they are always looking for ways to help us cut down on the cost. She has made everything so far go wonderful and we are hopeful she will help us get pregnant!
Don’t plan on waiting hours, they are the most prompt office I have ever been too! She will also spend as much time as you need!
On our first meeting she and her staff were so warm and personable. She sat down and drew out (by hand) exactly what we were going to do TOGETHER! She made us feel so comfortable and filled us full of knowledge we have been starving for the last 7 years.
They only have 2 nurses- so they get to know you well! They are always there to call and answer your questions. No question is too small or dumb. They are happy to be there and listen.
Billings Clinic is great, I just wished they helped more with infertility financing or some sort of payment plan. As a couple who wants a family, but has a hard time paying for multiple IVF treatments you would hope that they would be able to help you or point you in a direction that can help. We were just told to look on the internet or google it. They are always very clean and professional. They have very up to date equipment.
Approximately $16,000 for workup, egg retrieval and embryo makeup. $2,00-$5,000 for medications, $1,000 for initial visit, blood work and ultra sound/mach transfer.
Dr. Milroy is leans more on the side of eSET- it all depends on what grades your embryos get, but she would rather you have 1 healthy baby and come back in a year to get pregnant with another healthy baby.

PCOS, Other
I loved seeing Dr. Milroy. She was great at explaining the details and being straightforward and honest with the procedures. She allowed me to have a say in my course of treatment. I was taking supplements that I preferred over the traditional medication and she was okay with that since my bloodwork was good. She listened to me and helped makes sure I really understood everything.... To start we did femara to help egg development and then I would get an ultrasound on day 12.
PCOS, Other
Don’t hesitate she’s great.
Dr. Milroy was very personable and kind. She was straightforward but listened to my concerns and allowed me to have say in my treatment plan.
To start we did femara to help egg development and then I would get an ultrasound on day 12. If my eggs were large enough I would give myself a trigger shot and then do timed intercourse. I also would take progesterone pills starting a few days after intercourse to help prevent miscarriage.
They were wonderful.
The clinic was well organized, clean, comfortable, and everyone was very friendly. They always responded quickly to my questions and concerns and worked around my schedule and make the whole process very smooth.