Medical SchoolU. of Kansas
FellowshipU. of Utah
760 Wicks Lane
Billings, MT 59105
406-238-2475
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Colleen Milroy to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 100%9.9
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine and Fertility Care to a friend?
She [Dr. Colleen Milroy] sympathized with that, even though she never had to go through any of this. She made this horrible, draining process so much better. Even when my eggs didn’t make it to the end (all arrested on day 6) she made me feel as if it was not my fault (even though every woman going through this knows that is EXACTLY how you feel; that it’s your fault.) She gave me a box of tissues and told me I did everything perfectly, even when I felt like I didn’t. She said she was proud of me, even when I was absolutely defeated and a wits end with myself and my failing body.
How was your experience with Colleen Milroy at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine and Fertility Care?
Dr. Milroy was amazing. Through the entire process she made me feel “safe”. If that makes sense. Being 25 and going through this process, pretty much knowing that you have no chance of having a good outcome. But having Dr. Milroy tell me how good my eggs were responding to the meds and how great I was doing with the shots and being so informed on what I was doing, it made life so much easier. Our life was absolutely shattered when we found out I had premature ovarian failure. All I’ve ever wanted is to be a mom. I babysat all through high school/college because I love kids. Dr. Milroy understood that. She sympathized with that, even though she never had to go through any of this. She made this horrible, draining process so much better. Even when my eggs didn’t make it to the end (all arrested on day 6) she made me feel as if it was not my fault (even though every woman going through this knows that is EXACTLY how you feel; that it’s your fault.) She gave me a box of tissues and told me I did everything perfectly, even when I felt like I didn’t. She said she was proud of me, even when I was absolutely defeated and a wits end with myself and my failing body. She made me feel that I could try again, even if it wasn’t with my own eggs. She gave me all of the information without making me feel like an idiot. I knew what happened to my eggs, but she informed me anyways, in the easiest, least painful way possible. I would recommend her to anyone and everyone I could. Even though this process was something I wouldn’t wish on my worst enemy, I am glad I enjoyed the people who took care of me, including Dr. Milroy.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Colleen Milroy at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine and Fertility Care?
She is a warm, caring individual, but she will tell you the information you need to hear. She told me my odds were low, but that she had faith in me because of my age. Even though I failed, she didn’t make me feel like a failure. You will enjoy her, she is amazing at what she does!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Colleen Milroy at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine and Fertility Care?
She made me feel informed and she made it as pleasant as possible for someone being 25 with pretty much no egg reserve.
Describe the protocols Colleen Milroy used in your cycles at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine and Fertility Care and their degree of success.
Dr. Milroy saw my situation and decided we needed to go all in. She got me into the cycle that was starting next and we were in within a month. I took 6 shots a day. 3 in the morning and 3 at night. The shots were Lupron, Follistim, and Menopur. We checked in every other day with the clinic. Everything was looking amazing. My right ovary was growing like crazy, although my left ovary was not. We ended up having to do shots an extra day just to get a little extra growth on my left ovary, even though it didn’t do anything. We then went in for retrieval and got 3 eggs! We were so excited! We didn’t even think we would get one! However, my egg quality was absolutely terrible, so none of them made it. But I personally feel Dr. Milroy did everything she could for me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine and Fertility Care. (Assigned nurse: Zoey Hallman, Julia Lennick)
I absolutely LOVED our nurses. We had Zoey and Julia (and also Darcy, but I only talked to her on the phone but she was amazing too.) Zoey and Julia took amazing care of us. I wish I could talk to them daily, that’s how close I felt with them. The gave me their personal numbers so I could text or call them with questions, I would email them CONSTANTLY. I was probably so annoying with so many questions and concerns and if I took a shot a few minutes late if I was going to be okay, etc. They were just so amazing. They both deserve awards for being such amazing nurses. Dr. Milroy, Zoey and Julia kept both my husband and I sane. And I love them so much.
Describe your experience with Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine and Fertility Care.
Honestly, for being the only IVF clinic for hundreds of miles, they do an amazing job. They are informed on all new technology, the embryologist flew in from NY, and he was AMAZING. He was so nice. I just thoroughly enjoyed the entire clinic. Even the nurses in the “surgery center” were great!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Colleen Milroy at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine and Fertility Care.
We paid $9,000 for the egg retrieval and about $4500 for the medications.
Describe Colleen Milroy's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine and Fertility Care.
I personally never made it to transfer, so I cannot comment on this.
Male Factor, Other
DR Milroy was very professional and compassionate, she never seemed to rush during her appointments and did take the time to explain the process before we got started...I think overall we achieved what we intended with Dr Milroy,..but I do feel like things could have been prevented / a better outcome had she and the coordinator made adjustments appropriately/timely in order to prevent my cycles being cancelled twice.
Male Factor, Other
How was your experience with Colleen Milroy at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
DR Milroy was very sweet and compassionate towards our situation. She had high hopes for us having success and a fast process. Unfortunately that wasn't the case and I think that threw her off a bit, given my age and no fertility issues (that have been diagnosed by labs or other sources) since we have male factor infertility we were expecting such set backs with me not responding to the stimulation meds. I think overall we achieved what we intended with Dr Milroy, which was a successful cycle and pregnancy which lead to having our daughter but I do feel like things could have been prevented / a better outcome had she and the coordinator made adjustments appropriately/timely in order to prevent my cycles being cancelled twice. I think being more aggressive with the meds once the issue had arose and not being timid about it would have possibly prevented this from happening. Once the first cycle was cancelled I feel like there could have been more drastic change in protocol for the next but rather it was only very minor and again timid throughout which lead to a second cancelled cycle.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Colleen Milroy at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
My advice for anyone going through treatment is, be your own advocate! Stand up for yourself make sure you and your Dr are on the same page with your treatment. Ultimately it is you putting all your hopes, dreams, tears, time, and money into this. Make sure everyone is working just as hard and fighting for it as you are.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Colleen Milroy at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
DR Milroy was very professional and compassionate, she never seemed to rush during her appointments and did take the time to explain the process before we got started. The staff were also very friendly and always seemed invested in us personally each visit, inquiring about how we were doing and all.
Describe the protocols Colleen Milroy used in your cycles at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
1st cycle- Agonist protocol with Menopur, follitstim and gannirilex. CANCELLED day 9 to poor response to stims. 2nd cycle- Agonist protocol again. Same medication, bumped doses by a quarter and still poor response, bumped a quarter again. CANCELLED CYCLE day 8/9 3rd cycle - CHANGED PROTOCOL Micro flare protocol. Menopur, follostim and micro dose Lupron. Stimmed for 14 days. 11eggs retrieved 10 mature 6 fertilized 1 5 day embryo and freeze FET with 5 day frozen embryo SUCCESSFUL transfer, pregnancy and birth of a baby girl.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jen K )
Jen and the whole nursing staff were great! Jen was very compassionate and seemed so invested in our journey. She made us feel loved and cared for during the course of our treatments. Even through the set backs she was able to show she cared and sympathized for us. She was thorough in her teaching and explaining the process to us and elimating our fears. She celebrated our success as if she was as happy as we were and just overall was outstanding and met our expectations for a our nurse coordinator.
Describe your experience with Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
KU med is a very professional and clean clinic. It is ran well and with very friendly staff. Any questions you had were answered and never made you feel silly for anything. The only thing I can say is that getting a hold of the clinic over the phone can sometimes be a hassle. Once you are in the process tho, you are given an email to your nurse and can hear back and get responses pretty quickly. I would reccoment this clinic if you are in the area, for sure.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Colleen Milroy at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
$9,850 which included monitoring, egg retrieval (anesthesia included), icsi , and transfer. Medication was separate
Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine
Overland Park
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Unexplained
[Dr. Colleen Milroy] Explained everything very detailed and specific to our situation. Spent ample time and answered questions as they arose. Explained all circumstances even risks associated. Follow up and course of treatment always explained. Felt she truly cared and was ingested in good outcome.... 1st cycle lower doses of meds which ended up changing for second round after failed IVF. After IUI she made quick decision to move onto IVF making it easier to do trusting her with next steps. She knew my limits as a patient and adjusted after first round explaining rationalle..was truthful when things didn't go as planned but always had a plan to move forward.
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Unexplained
Don't be hesitant to ask questions, she allows you to be in charge of your own decisions but educates you along the way.
Great follow up, kind, empathetic, truthful
Describe your experience with your nurse at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine and Fertility Care. (Assigned nurse: Zoey, Julia )
Feel I know them better than Dr. Always available, empathetic, knowledgeable and on top of things
Willing to come in on weekends, clean, comfortable, easy check in, all staff nice and helpful Wish it wasnt 2 hour drive but willing to make travel work, ease and flexible scheduling payments easily made and delivered, questions always answered
IUI app 2000 packaged price Ivf #1 9000 retrieval, 3500 fresh transfer, 3600 meds Ivf 2 8100 retrieval (10%) discount 2nd round 3500 frozen embryo transfer 600 IRA biopsy 3800 meds
She only does single and feels there are too many risks associated with multiples
Billings
On our first meeting she [Dr. Milroy] and her staff were so warm and personable. She sat down and drew out (by hand) exactly what we were going to do TOGETHER! She made us feel so comfortable and filled us full of knowledge we have been starving for the last 7 years.... She is absolutely amazing! She loves her job and her patients and it shows! She is very aware on how financially draining infertility can be and she was upfront that they are always looking for ways to help us cut down on the cost.
She is absolutely amazing! She loves her job and her patients and it shows! She is very aware on how financially draining infertility can be and she was upfront that they are always looking for ways to help us cut down on the cost. She has made everything so far go wonderful and we are hopeful she will help us get pregnant!
Don’t plan on waiting hours, they are the most prompt office I have ever been too! She will also spend as much time as you need!
On our first meeting she and her staff were so warm and personable. She sat down and drew out (by hand) exactly what we were going to do TOGETHER! She made us feel so comfortable and filled us full of knowledge we have been starving for the last 7 years.
They only have 2 nurses- so they get to know you well! They are always there to call and answer your questions. No question is too small or dumb. They are happy to be there and listen.
Billings Clinic is great, I just wished they helped more with infertility financing or some sort of payment plan. As a couple who wants a family, but has a hard time paying for multiple IVF treatments you would hope that they would be able to help you or point you in a direction that can help. We were just told to look on the internet or google it. They are always very clean and professional. They have very up to date equipment.
Approximately $16,000 for workup, egg retrieval and embryo makeup. $2,00-$5,000 for medications, $1,000 for initial visit, blood work and ultra sound/mach transfer.
Dr. Milroy is leans more on the side of eSET- it all depends on what grades your embryos get, but she would rather you have 1 healthy baby and come back in a year to get pregnant with another healthy baby.