IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine

Nurse available by emailNurse available by direct lineAvailable by cell phone
Medical SchoolU. of Florida
ResidencyU. of Florida
FellowshipNational Inst of Health
1284 Creekside Street
Naples, FL 34108
239-687-5600
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Connie Alford to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine to a friend?
Dr. Alford is a very intelligent woman and she knows exactly what she is doing. Which eases the stress that comes with this situation. She has an educated and caring answer for any and all questions. We did have a hard time socially with her as my wife and I are very outgoing and social. She knows her stuff and cares but there isn’t much time for jokes and chit chat, which is understandable. Her heart is in the right place and that means the world to us.
How was your experience with Connie Alford at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Connie Alford at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine?
Be ready financially. Most insurances do not cover her services and it is costly. Be ready for fees that you didn’t expect. Such as lab work and a few procedures. Be sure to ask as we were surprised a few times .
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Connie Alford at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine?
I am always greeted with a smile and a warm personable hello. All of the nurses we have encountered have never rushed us and were always eager to ease our anxieties.
Describe the protocols Connie Alford used in your cycles at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
To date we have had our consult, my wife started with an SIS, this is a saline ultrasound used to look at the uterus and cervix. Now we are starting with the meds and have weekly blood tests and ultrasounds to check hormone levels and monitor the uterine lining. We will be doing the IVF transfer in the next coming weeks.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jodi)
My wife and myself receive phone calls from our nurse letting us know exactly what is going on. Jodi is always willing to work with us and help us when we come to any toad blocks. All of the nurses at the office are pleasant, caring and genuinely exited for their patients.
Describe your experience with IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine.
IVFMD of Naples has an extremely caring staff. Their want and need to help with our infertility needs is very focused and supportive. Their weakness are not communicating about some hidden costs and explaining all that is covered in their packages.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Connie Alford at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic offers packages that relate to your specific needs. They are costly and not everything is included.
Describe Connie Alford's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Alford suggested that if we had strong embryos to only do a single transfer but if they are weak to do a multiple embryo transfer.
2 IUI, IVF
I thought seeing Dr. Alford was a good experience as a patient and I have referred her to a couple other friends as well. In general, other than the major procedures, I didn't see her as much, but I saw the nurses almost every other day during treatments/blood work. I think that Dr. Alford was very professional throughout the process and explained things to me in a way that I was able to understand...Dr. Alford thought that only one embryo had taken and then it ended up that both embryos had taken and I was pregnant with twins. Dr. Alford realized it on our second or third ultrasound.
2 IUI, IVF
Don't expect things to happen over night ... going through fertility treatments is a crazy roller coaster of emotions and a BIG waiting game. When we first saw Dr. Alford, we had already accepted the fact that we would need to do IVF and wanted to start the process right away. Of course, you still have to go through lots of testing, and waiting for your cycle, and other things that impact timing of everything so it is important to be patient. I know, much easier said than done!
The whole office staff was very welcoming and made me feel good every time I had to go in for an appointment.
I loved all 3 of the nurses! They became like my family over the months of my visits, especially when I had to see them almost every day. They were very compassionate towards me throughout the whole process and always answered my questions. I truly loved having them as my nurses throughout this process.
Stephanie, the receptionist, was always very friendly and welcoming. She was always able to answer any scheduling or payment questions and always willing to help in any way. She was a smiling, friendly face to see anytime you entered the clinic!
Our one IVF fresh cycle cost close to $12,000 before medications. I believe we paid almost $3,000 total in medications.
At first, Dr. Alford highly recommended only transferring one embryo. However, my husband and I were set on transferring two. When it came down to it, we ended up only having 2 embryos to transfer, none to freeze, and she agreed that we should transfer both. I am currently pregnant with twins and my husband and I are thrilled!
What specific things went wrong at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine?
Naples
When we had our first consultation, we were scared.... She [Dr. Connie Alford] was honest about the testing we needed to have done. Even though it was unlikely to uncover a problem, it did uncover a problem - a fixable one. Dr. Alford truly cared about solving the mystery of our infertility. She was very present - in other words, if I had questions/concerns, she was there to answer them in a clear, concise, and honest way. There was no beating around the bush or false hope. In fact, she set our expectations low. She told us to hope for 3 viable embryos. We got 7.
When we had our first consultation, we were scared. My husband felt like there was a little bit of a sales pitch going on. However, in hindsight, he has completely re-evaluated and now understands exactly why Dr. Alford told us everything she told us. She was honest about the testing we needed to have done. Even though it was unlikely to uncover a problem, it did uncover a problem - a fixable one. Dr. Alford truly cared about solving the mystery of our infertility. She was very present - in other words, if I had questions/concerns, she was there to answer them in a clear, concise, and honest way. There was no beating around the bush or false hope. In fact, she set our expectations low. She told us to hope for 3 viable embryos. We got 7. Even when we got a positive pregnancy test, we were cautioned about getting through the first trimester. Dr. Alford was usually there when I had weekend appointments. She was excited and happy when we got pregnant. I think she really cared about us as people, not just patients.
Don't be alarmed by the plethora of tests she wants to run, or the list of things that could be wrong with you. Dr. Alford knows what she is doing and I promise it will make sense when all is said and done. If she is recommending that you do IVF, it isn't to make money. It is because it is the best decision for you medically. TRUST HER.
Dr. Alford and her staff were the most caring individuals I have ever met in a doctor's office. They knew me, knew our history, etc. They took great care of us, emotionally and physically. When I cried, they hugged me. When we got the positive pregnancy test, they were as excited as we were. When we went crazy, they calmed us down. When we lost hope, they gave us hope without ever getting our expectations too high. Honestly, they were so amazing that I cried when I finally graduated because I knew it meant I would not see them again until it is time for baby #2.
When we went to Dr. Alford, we had no reason to suspect anything would be wrong with me. I was a perfectly healthy 30 year old, non-smoker, non-drug user, no prior miscarriages, appropriate weight, etc. Turns out I had a VERY low AMH (low ovarian reserve). My husband also had some male-factor infertility but he was overall not the concern. Thus, we were advised to try IUI 2-3 times. HOWEVER, we were advised that with such a low AMH, if the IUI works, it might be our only child because i might have no eggs left by the time we can have a 2nd. My first cycle of IUI, I took clomid (150 was the dosage, whether mg or however it is measured). I had 3 eggs mature (2 in one ovary, 1 in the other). Negative pregnancy test (HCG indicative of no fertilization). We did the exact same thing for round 2, except this time I had 4 eggs. I cannot recall if there were 2 and 2 or 3 and 1 (in each ovary). Again, negative test. By the way, my periods each time were horrifically bloody and painful. Fair warning. Additionally, each cycle of IUI was coupled with blood tests and ultrasounds to monitor and measure the follicle growth. We did NOT use an OPK. The method used by Dr. Alford is way more accurate. We used a TRIGGER SHOT each time. I do not know the name of the drug.We also did a "double" each time, which means we did insemination at 24 hours and again at 36 hours. After that, we decided that it was not worth it to try a 3rd time. So we decided to try IVF (which, by the way, was the hardest decision we've ever made). For IVF, we started with birth control for about 2 weeks. Then kind of a "fake" period, followed by injections. We started with 2 daily injections: "5 menopur" which was 2 vials of powder, and gonal-F. I think the Gonal F was 225 IU, but i am not sure. After bloodwork and ultrasounds every 48 hours for about 5-6 days, we added a 3rd injection: Cetrotide. These were individual, disposable needles so i do not know the dosage. We continued these 3 injections every night until I think day 8 or 9. Then we increased the dosage of the Menopur and Gonal-F. I think we did 3 menopur and increased the gonal-F to about 300 (not positive), and did that for 1 or 2 nights. Then we did the trigger shot. I do not know the name of the trigger, but it was a different trigger than the IUI, and a much bigger needle (plus, it went in my upper butt muscle - it doesn't hurt NEARLY as bad as they say!!!). By day 7 or 8 i was going in every day for ultrasounds and blood. When we did the IVF retrieval, 36 hours after the trigger, I took a valium 5mg, then they gave me something that made me feel awesome (maybe hydrocodone?), and anesthesia. I fell asleep with pants on and woke up with no pants on and a bloated stomach. NOT FUN! But we got 12 eggs. 11 fertilized. 7 made it. We had hoped for 2-3. Once we did the transfer, i began vaginal progesterone (1 mg or g, not sure - 2x per day) and estraidol (not sure of spelling). The progesterone was a gel, estradol was a pill. It was gross and i had to wear pads. Because the pregnancy was successful, I continued these two drugs through 12 weeks of pregnancy. I am currently 14.5 weeks pregnant with a healthy baby.
The best on the planet. I wish I could link to my google review because I just wrote a book about them. The nurses were very knowledgeable, first of all. They were gentle, caring, compassionate, kind, etc. I had a bad fear of needles when I started going in. They held my hand, hugged me, and truly got me over my fear! something a professional psychologist could not even do! The nurses were there to comfort me when IUI failed, and were as excited as I was when the IVF resulted in a positive pregnancy test. They always took my calls, answered my questions, and responded to my emails. They kept us well-informed of what they were doing, why they were doing it, what it all meant, what was going on, and what was next. I seriously cannot say enough good about the entire staff.
The whole clinic itself is very welcoming. The actual office is very clean, easy to find, etc. The staff is great start-finish. Stephanie at the front makes a great first impression on behalf of the entire office. She is the insurance guru and saved me A LOT of money. There were a few times when appointments ran late, but for the most part we were seen on time and without a hassle. I could honestly cry happy tears knowing that we were taken care of so well. Vicki and Jennifer are two of the most skilled nurses I have ever met. Katie was new when I was finishing up, so I did not get to know her as well, but she was so pleasant every time I saw her, and seems like she is just as well-equipped as Vicki and Jen. The staff in the back (the embryologist and other folks you don't really see as much) were also very warm and encouraging. Everyone always had a smile on their face, and jumped to help whenever we needed it. Leaving was very bitter-sweet.
2013
7 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
I had nothing against her [Dr. Alford] being young but when we had setbacks she didn't really know what to do. It wasn't until we left and went on the national level to A Class level doctors we really understood how little she knew. After I prematurely ovulated, but didn't, she should have offered to extract the eggs anyways. She didn't tell us until it was too late. Instead she pushed us into another expensive cycle which ended in similar results-again from her inexperience. IVF seems pretty straight forward until it's not. Then you want your time, money, and hope in a doctor who knows what she's doing...
2013
7 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
I had nothing against her being young but when we had setbacks she didn't really know what to do. It wasn't until we left and went on the national level to A Class level doctors we really understood how little she knew. After I prematurely ovulated, but didn't, she should have offered to extract the eggs anyways. She didn't tell us until it was too late. Instead she pushed us into another expensive cycle which ended in similar results-again from her inexperience. IVF seems pretty straight forward until it's not. Then you want your time, money, and hope in a doctor who knows what she's doing. It's not her.
Time is not something you can get back. If you have no choice, allow them to do your monitoring but go to a nationally top doctor at SDFC in San Diego, CCRM in Denver, or ORM in Oregon. IVFMD only looks good in numbers because of sheer volume not successes. Do your homework but don't go here. Trust me.
She was uneducated and her inexperience showed once our case went from normal to complicated. She just kept pushing us to move on and do another round of IVF.
They use a very straightforward protocol which seems nice at first but they just push you into another and another cycle, not changing the protocol enough to make a difference. If nothing else, you owe it to yourself to at least do a phone consult with national A Class docs to see what they would do. IVF is not all created equal. Doctors make a huge difference! It wasn't until we went to SDFC , our fifth doctor that we had succcess!
I'm having anxiety just remembering my experience with their staff! When I would catch a mistake or a mixup on one of the voicemails they left me, they said I must have been wrong because they are not. They are nice unless you probe or ask questions they may not like. Just another example of their immaturity.
They are a true waste of money but even more precious, our years and time.
We had to pay upfront all at once. In the documents we signed I specify remember reading that we waived our right to legal action. Honestly that should have been our first red flag.
Naples
She [Dr. Alford] is very busy but we always get just what we need at every visit...seems to know exactly what she is doing. She doesn’t mind our tedious questions and always has an answer for us...Be ready to move at a slower pace than you think. This is not exactly a bad thing but it is nice to know ahead of time. Dr. Alford is wonderful but don’t expect too many warm and fuzzies! She means well and cares but is not overally warm and fuzzy.
Dr. Alford seems to know exactly what she is doing. She doesn’t mind our tedious questions and always has an answer for us. She is very busy but we always get just what we need at every visit. It seems that everyone in our town has gone to her! Every time we mention her, someone will say they know someone who has been to her and has had a great experience. This gives us great confidence in her and her staff.
The nurses and office staff are always quick to answer my questions. They are thoughtful and understanding during this delicate time.
Right now we are only taking the preliminary medications before ivf that will happen in March.
Our nurse has been the best in this whole process. She answers my questions promptly ( and I have a lot of questions!) She is caring and compassionate and it feels great to have her as a support!
The beginning stages are quite confusing but just keep asking questions. I learned that they are used to it and welcome the concerns. The process took longer than expected to even start with the actual ivf medications and preliminary medications. They are highly knowledgeable and organized. This helps greatly with having confidence in the whole team.
About 10,000.
She suggest single but will do multiple if you would like it.
Naples
The staff and Dr. Alford always made you feel important and up to date on all information...She was always very thorough and extreamly knowledgeable. I did have two negative pregnancy tests and she called me directly after both to extend her condolences. We went back after our first negative test to do a second cycle. Dr. Alford felt she wanted to change things up this time around based on how my body stemmed from the first retrieval and transfer. Thanks to her and her staff we conceived on our second attempt. In April of 2016, I gave birth to a beautiful and healthy baby girl. She has made our family complete. I can't thank Dr. Alford and IVMD for making our dream to become parents come true! I would highly recommend this doctor and staff to anyone. She has the best bedside manner and ultimately cares about each and every patient.
Dr. Alford would put information into terms you could understand, including drawing visuals during consultations and appointments. She was always very thorough and extreamly knowledgeable. I did have two negative pregnancy tests and she called me directly after both to extend her condolences. We went back after our first negative test to do a second cycle. Dr. Alford felt she wanted to change things up this time around based on how my body stemmed from the first retrieval and transfer. Thanks to her and her staff we conceived on our second attempt. In April of 2016, I gave birth to a beautiful and healthy baby girl. She has made our family complete. I can't thank Dr. Alford and IVMD for making our dream to become parents come true! I would highly recommend this doctor and staff to anyone. She has the best bedside manner and ultimately cares about each and every patient.
Go in with an open mind and know that nothing is guarenteed.
The staff and Dr. Alford always made you feel important and up to date on all information. Everyone was caring and supportive.
Amazing nursing staff! Also, Stephanie who runs the front office is one of a kind!
They are caring, kind, and compassionate. I don't have anything negative to say about anyone within the clinic because everyone is outstanding. Everyone is helpful and always willing to answer questions over and over again.
2 IUI, 1 Egg Freezing, IVF
Dr.Alford understands what it is you are going through as she has been through it herself. Her hopes are to safely give you the best chances to get pregnant. She will not do anything to compromise your health or the embryo. Her beliefs are very conservative but she is willing to try new regimens when textbook approaches fail. I always felt as if I could trust her judgment implicitly and was able to communicate to her my concerns as they arose.
2 IUI, 1 Egg Freezing, IVF
Ask as many questions as you have. Do not be afraid to ask why she feels a certain way or what she would do if in your shoes.
I felt they genuinely cared for me and made the best most ethical decisions at all times
-IUI worth clomid -hysterscopy -fresh cycle retrieval to freeze embryos - FET
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer, Katie, and Vickie)
The rising staff is phenomenal! They walk you through every step of the way and explain everything in great detail. They were always readily available to hear any questions or concerns.
The clinic is wonderful!!
Insurance covered a good portion. My guess is I spent roughly $5,000 over a year but that is inclusive of all medications for cycles.
2014 - 2018
Dr. Alford is very professional and knowledgeable. I felt confortable discussing with her all my concerns. She gave great explanation of the situation, treatment plan and advise about any question. We love doctor Alford. She helped us to concieve our first baby and we returned back when ready for the second one. Now we are successfully expecting our second child thanks to her and her stuff... Very professional with personal approach.
2014 - 2018
She is the best doctor to choose for any infertility concerns. Very professional with personal approach.
Great personal experience. Doctor Alford and all the stuff were very friendly and personal.
Professional, knowledgeable, caring doctor and all stuff. Very accommodating when scheduling appointments. Nice and clean offices. And the best results - 2 successful pregnancies thanks to this clinic.
The clinic accepted my insurance, so the cost were bearable.
2013 - 2016
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
I truly can't say enough wonderful things about her [Dr. Alford]. She was a breath of fresh air, especially since we were coming from a different doctor who wasn't so wonderful. We have two amazing beautiful children thanks to her, her staff, her knowledge and positivity. We're so blessed because of her....Her bedside manner is incredible. She's caring, kind and upfront. I always felt like she really cared about our success!...I feel like we made wonderful friends!
2013 - 2016
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
I truly can't say enough wonderful things about her. She was a breath of fresh air, especially since we were coming from a different doctor who wasn't so wonderful. We have two amazing beautiful children thanks to her, her staff, her knowledge and positivity. We're so blessed because of her.
Always stay positive. It's a trying process, but positivity goes a long way.
The nursing staff were wonderful as well. Very personable and friendly, which was so comforting for us. I feel like we made wonderful friends!
Naples
There was a lot that was not explained [by Dr. Alford]. There were treatments available that were not explained before egg retrieval such as nutritional supplements and accupuncture. There was a lot not explained before hand...There was not enough explanation for each part of the process. She did not really evaluate my husband and myself until after the procedure failed...
Hope for the best but be extremely proactive.
There was a lot that was not explained. There were treatments available that were not explained before egg retrieval such as nutritional supplements and accupuncture. There was a lot not explained before hand.
Not sure, but we had IVF with ICSI and expected to retrieve 13 eggs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer)
Office staff needed to be more organized and were extremely difficult to get in touch with. Nursing staff was wonderful and Jennifer was amazing.
The clinic's office staff was atrocious. They were extremely disorganized and did not respond to emails or voicemails.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Immunological
Dr. Alford always took the time to explain everything to me, would call on nights/weekends to check up post procedure and answer any questions I may have...[IVFMD] office is getting busy so make appointments ahead of time if your schedule is tight.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Immunological
Very kind and compassionate
Office is getting busy so make appointments ahead of time if your schedule is tight
antagonist protocol, all went very well