7.1

1284 Creekside Street
Naples, FL 34108
239-687-5600

Treated 2016 - 2018
I would have loved if she was more proactive and involved in patient care and treatment. ... When I. Actually met with Dr Alford I trusted her and liked her a lot. But my treatment mostly was done via the other staff. There was no real follow up from the Dr directly, a lot of it seemed delegated off and I felt like I should be dealing with the Dr. when dealing with the Dr she does seem knowledgeable and she was very nice.
Very difficult to just talk to someone on the phone. ... My other issue with this clinic [IVFMD S. FL Inst for Repro Med] was the fact that they truly acted like they had no care for me whatsoever when a year and a half of treatment resulted in nothing they didn’t even bother to call or follow up after my last treatment. I was so disappointed I had spent the equivalent of an IVF cycle and it was like they didn’t even care. ... [Nurses] Vicky, Katie and Danielle couldn’t have been more amazing. ...
How was your experience with Connie Alford at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
When I. Actually met with Dr Alford I trusted her and liked her a lot. But my treatment mostly was done via the other staff. There was no real follow up from the Dr directly, a lot of it seemed delegated off and I felt like I should be dealing with the Dr. when dealing with the Dr she does seem knowledgeable and she was very nice. I would have loved if she was more proactive and involved in patient care and treatment.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Connie Alford at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Push her to give you several options. Ask clearly how involved she will be with your treatment.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Connie Alford at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Very difficult to just talk to someone on the phone. I do t think they ever just answered the phone when I called. Usually I had to leave a message (or 2) to get a call back. Or calling the main number was hard to even reach my local office. When all my iui ‘s failed and the next step was ivf, I never even got a follow up call from the Dr or clinic. It was up to me completely to take it the next step. I wanted them to at least reach out to say , hey we’re sorry but let’s move on, when can we do your ivf consultation.
Describe the protocols Connie Alford used in your cycles at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I have a blocked tube but otherwise I’m healthy. My husband has no issues. So she started with just timed intercourses paired with ovidrel. She estimated I would be pregnant in 12 months because we knew some months I would ovulate from the blocked side as month 12 approached, I (not the Dr) pushed the conversation as to what is next. IUU was the next step and she said 3-4 was ok. Those all failed. We had met and discussed after the iui, if they didn’t work, we would need to do a consultation for ivf. After my last iui, I basically got the neg test and that’s the last I heard from them. When I called to schedule the ivf consultation they never returned my call. I called a 2nd time and did set an appointment (earliest was like 3 weeks later). I ultimately cancelled it because I no longer felt I wanted to do business with them. Which was a shame because I loved the nursing staff.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Vicky, Katie and Danielle couldn’t have been more amazing. Stephanie at the front desk was also very good, Jessica at the front desk was awful to deal with at every encounter. She never smiled, embarrassed my husband multiple times when dropping off his sample (by literally screaming his first and last name across a waiting room of people) while he was holding his baggie. Rolled her eyes if I had a specific appointment request for time due to work.
Describe your experience with IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
They are definitely volume-based and run this operation as Very much business oriented as opposed to client care oriented. The strength that they had was they were very convenient to my house which helped for early morning appointments and multiple appointments in one week .
Describe the costs associated with your care under Connie Alford at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Each timed cycle cost about $800. Each iui cycle was closer to $1200.
Describe Connie Alford's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
We never discussed this.
What specific things went wrong at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
My two main negative issues with this clinic was the front desk person the one that most patients deal with one coming and going for a nearly every single appointment . My other issue with this clinic was the fact that they truly acted like they had no care for me whatsoever when a year and a half of treatment resulted in nothing they didn’t even bother to call or follow up after my last treatment. I was so disappointed I had spent the equivalent of an IVF cycle and it was like they didn’t even care.

Treated 2013
I had nothing against her [Dr. Alford] being young but when we had setbacks she didn't really know what to do. It wasn't until we left and went on the national level to A Class level doctors we really understood how little she knew. After I prematurely ovulated, but didn't, she should have offered to extract the eggs anyways. She didn't tell us until it was too late. Instead she pushed us into another expensive cycle which ended in similar results-again from her inexperience. IVF seems pretty straight forward until it's not. Then you want your time, money, and hope in a doctor who knows what she's doing...
The office nurses [at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine - Naples] called in wrong doses for me to take on my voicemail. Because I wrote things down I knew it was wrong. When I called back in they said it was my mistake not theirs. The nurses were so incredibly rude and didn't like to be questioned. If they were sure of what they were doing they would be open to questions...
I had nothing against her being young but when we had setbacks she didn't really know what to do. It wasn't until we left and went on the national level to A Class level doctors we really understood how little she knew. After I prematurely ovulated, but didn't, she should have offered to extract the eggs anyways. She didn't tell us until it was too late. Instead she pushed us into another expensive cycle which ended in similar results-again from her inexperience. IVF seems pretty straight forward until it's not. Then you want your time, money, and hope in a doctor who knows what she's doing. It's not her.
Time is not something you can get back. If you have no choice, allow them to do your monitoring but go to a nationally top doctor at SDFC in San Diego, CCRM in Denver, or ORM in Oregon. IVFMD only looks good in numbers because of sheer volume not successes. Do your homework but don't go here. Trust me.
She was uneducated and her inexperience showed once our case went from normal to complicated. She just kept pushing us to move on and do another round of IVF.
They use a very straightforward protocol which seems nice at first but they just push you into another and another cycle, not changing the protocol enough to make a difference. If nothing else, you owe it to yourself to at least do a phone consult with national A Class docs to see what they would do. IVF is not all created equal. Doctors make a huge difference! It wasn't until we went to SDFC , our fifth doctor that we had succcess!
I'm having anxiety just remembering my experience with their staff! When I would catch a mistake or a mixup on one of the voicemails they left me, they said I must have been wrong because they are not. They are nice unless you probe or ask questions they may not like. Just another example of their immaturity.
They are a true waste of money but even more precious, our years and time.
We had to pay upfront all at once. In the documents we signed I specify remember reading that we waived our right to legal action. Honestly that should have been our first red flag.
Dr. Alford determined I had ovulated early. But I hadn't. In OVF world it is protocol to still do an egg retrieval to view the health of the eggs. I had to find out through a friend. When I asked her about it she said she made the determination not to offer it to me. She apologized quickly and then rushed us into another cycle. Another $25,000 for us would've been saved by her following protocol. Just an oops on her end. We were so trusting and she took advantage of that. The office nurses called in wrong doses for me to take on my voicemail. Because I wrote things down I knew it was wrong. When I called back in they said it was my mistake not theirs. The nurses were so incredibly rude and didn't like to be questioned. If they were sure of what they were doing they would be open to questions.
Treated 2015
There was a lot that was not explained [by Dr. Alford]. There were treatments available that were not explained before egg retrieval such as nutritional supplements and accupuncture. There was a lot not explained before hand...There was not enough explanation for each part of the process. She did not really evaluate my husband and myself until after the procedure failed...
Office staff [at IVFMD-S FL Inst - Naples] needed to be more organized and were extremely difficult to get in touch with. Nursing staff was wonderful and Jennifer was amazing...The clinic's office staff was atrocious. They were extremely disorganized and did not respond to emails or voicemails...
Hope for the best but be extremely proactive.
There was a lot that was not explained. There were treatments available that were not explained before egg retrieval such as nutritional supplements and accupuncture. There was a lot not explained before hand.
Not sure, but we had IVF with ICSI and expected to retrieve 13 eggs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer)
Office staff needed to be more organized and were extremely difficult to get in touch with. Nursing staff was wonderful and Jennifer was amazing.
Lack of communication.
Treated 2013 - 2019
I never saw the doctor [Dr. Alford] except at the beginning. Notes were written on my account that were inaccurate. They just kept upping my meds. She never spoke to me about my treatment plan and there was constant confusion. They never charged the correct amount. ... She told me to only try two IUI's after that move into IVF because IUI'S would become ineffective. Since I was on so many meds during the IUI. I took time off before the IVF
[At IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine] No communication, billing was always incorrect. The desk staff was always busy and did not have time for questions. There strengths were the lady who took my vitals was always so polite and kind. They did not answer questions in person or through email. ... Was told 400 for an IUI. cost over 2000 will all the medical tests. Those were not included in initial price
I never saw the doctor except at the beginning. Notes were written on my account that were inaccurate. They just kept upping my meds. She never spoke to me about my treatment plan and there was constant confusion. They never charged the correct amount.
Don't expect to see her
I never saw her on my visits. There were constantly different nurses. Just kept upping my meds.
She told me to only try two IUI's after that move into IVF because IUI'S would become ineffective. Since I was on so many meds during the IUI. I took time off before the IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Danielle and Katie)
Katie was excellent. You can tell she is compassionate about her patients and job.
Extra tests were ordered and didn't need to be done. Once my insurance got denied they billed me all at once. Very disorganized