Medical SchoolU. of Kansas
FellowshipU. of Kansas
10777 Nall Avenue
Overland Park, KS 66211
913-588-2229
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Courtney Marsh to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine to a friend?
Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Courtney Marsh at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
My husband and I had been warned by several people that Dr. Marsh is incredible and truly amazing at what she does. She is incredibly smart and experienced as well as high success rates. However, some are very offput by her personality. Personally, we felt that we would rather have a doctor be successful on the first try that had a rude or cold personality (which is far from the case, she is very caring and kind) as opposed to a doctor with amazing bedside manner who made us feel great but took multiple attempts which means more money and time . Luckily, we discussed this all in advance and were able to make the decision expecting her to be super rude or something just awful. Dr. Marsh to me is more of a straight shooter who cares deeply about her patients and puts her entire heart into what she does therefore takes it seriously. She has always had a smile on her face and been very kind but always serious and means business.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Courtney Marsh at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
dont expect a bubbly joking personality from her because that is just not who she is. instead you can expect her to be direct and honest and kind but with a very serious demeanor
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Courtney Marsh at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
I know that it is common and happens with almost all RE's, but I still struggle with the lack of interaction or ability to communicate with Dr. Marsh. Her entire staff is beyond amazing and very helpful throughout this entire process. One thing that could improve for me is that it feels like each time we have actually met with Dr. Marsh in person I feel very rushed and when I asked questions it felt as if I was an inconviennce and wasting her time. I know that she has tons of patients and is very busy, however I could see that potentially being an issue for someone wanting a more personalized or communicative RE. I was already aware of Dr. Marsh's "dry and sometimes cold" personality before choosing her as my doctor. Ultimately my husband and I felt that we would rather have the BEST doctor with highest success rates who lacked personality over a doctor who had a terrific bedside manner but lower success rates and potentially requiring more attempts for success.
Describe the protocols Courtney Marsh used in your cycles at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I have bi-lateral tubal obstruction with the presence of fluid in my left tube. Following a severe sexual assault at age 20, I had a reconstructive surgery at age 21 attempting to repair my tubes hoping to one day become a mom. Sadly, the surgery was unsuccessful and I am now 29 with IVF as my only option. I am currently in the process of trying to finance the procedure as its not covered by insurance. Dr. Marsh expects that I will produce an abundance of eggs in just on retrieval as I have an AMH of 15.92 and very rarely get periods. As long as we get enough embryos as expected, my left tube will then be removed due to the presence of hydrosalpinx. FET will then occur as soon as everything heals (as soon as a few weeks later)
always so kind and sweet! they are very helpful and always have smiles on their faces.
Describe your experience with Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
they were great about scheduling and got me in very quickly for my consult. However, once my initial appointment past, the waiting times get longer and longer. I appreciate them getting me in the door right away, but it is almost more stressful having to wait 3 or 5 weeks between appointments. Waiting over a month just to go over test results is the worst. I do love having the portal to communicate with the nursing staff and they have been great about responding very quickly no matter what which is awesome. I have a couple times felt a phone call would be more appropriate and easier than using the messages on the portal because sometimes what would only take a three minute phone call ends up taking a couple hours of messaging back and forth. However I do see the the long term benefit of being able to go back and re read messages and avoid any confusion which you can obviously not do on a call.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Courtney Marsh at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
i know the cost for IVF including ICSI and FET is $11,750 and they will not split it up. This doesnt include medications. I requested the bundle as they called it be broken down as my insurance will cover some of it like ultrasounds, blood work, etc but they are not willing to do that and refused.
Describe Courtney Marsh's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
due to my age she said she would be transferring just on embryo
What specific things went wrong at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
Overland Park

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Courtney Marsh at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.

2017 - 2019
Endometriosis, Male Factor
Dr. Marsh was on our team and communicated that everytime we saw her. I appreciated her optimism, while keeping it realistic. She spoke the truth and was really pulling for us to get pregnant. She listened to our concerns when we had them and adjusted accordingly.... She wanted to get to know us as a couple instead of just a number.... Femara and Gonal RFF with Ovidrel trigger for IUI. Femara was used due to my history of endometriosis.
2017 - 2019
Endometriosis, Male Factor
Be your own advocate. Speak up when you need more information or have questions because it isn’t spoon fed to you.
Dr. Marsh listened to our concerns and answered our questions thoroughly. She wanted to get to know us as a couple instead of just a number.
When you submit a question or message via the portal the first available nurse responds. This is nice for timely responses but can be frustrating when the nurse doesn’t fully understand your protocol or doesn’t take the time to read over it correctly. Sometimes there were numerous spelling errors in our messages and that worried me since everything needed to be precise. It seemed like there were too many hands. I would have liked to have had a primary contact for all of my procedures. It would have been more personalized.
Financial services is great to work with. Prices are good since it is a huge hospital. The pharmacy they use is great. Clinic hours and availability are awesome for working parents! Clean and nice facility with new equipment. Dealing with the nursing staff was definitely my least favorite experience.
IUI was $600 plus meds and ultrasounds/bloodwork. IVF with ICSI was $14k plus meds.
Only eSET is used for my age range.

5 IUI, IVF
I feel like she [Dr. Marsh] is pretty good at explaining course of treatment and options. I do however feel like sometimes she generalizes and has a hard time thinking outside of the box. Dr marsh took over for a doctor that moved away in the beginning of my care at the clinic and my initial meeting with her was disastrous. Since that first meeting I think her bedside manner has improved tremendously and she’s become much more personable and relaxed with her patient interactions.
5 IUI, IVF
Understanding that the majority of people who end up seeking treatment from dr Marsh are not straight forward cases and I am NO exception, I feel like she’s pretty good at explaining course of treatment and options. I do however feel like sometimes she generalizes and has a hard time thinking outside of the box. Dr marsh took over for a doctor that moved away in the beginning of my care at the clinic and my initial meeting with her was disastrous. Since that first meeting I think her bedside manner has improved tremendously and she’s become much more personable and relaxed with her patient interactions.
Advocate. Advocate. Advocate for yourself! Speak up!
Dr. Marsh and her staff are compassionate and real. They have humor and understanding depending on the situation. I have felt like a number at times when calling the nurse line and asking questions relating to my specific situation and felt they were a little annoyed and were giving me “broad brush answers”.
Once in the office and even on the phone the nurses are very kind and compassionate.
Billing is my biggest issue. Receiving numerous bills for physician and hospital charges were cumbersome to navigate. The clinic has a kind and fun front desk staff. The financial coordinators explain costs up front and answer all questions frankly, which is a welcome so there's no surprise expenditures. When i had an issue with one staff member and expressed my experience to my nurse she was extremely concerned and understanding. I had a call later that afternoon from the office manager to discuss the situation.
13k for ivf cycle to clinic Approximately 1k per iui cycle
Overland Park

Dr. Marsh is a pro. She noticed my uterine lining was responding oddly to the medications prior to my FET, so she took me off meds and ordered a natural cycle with HCG trigger. It worked. We only had 1 genetically normal embryo, and she was very careful to ensure all conditions were absolutely optimal. She also took extra time with me after implantation when I had 10 weeks of bleeding due to a subchorionic hemorrhage. She never made me feel like a bother. I've sent my best friends to her and am currently starting my second IVF cycle in hopes of having a sibling for the 8 month old daughter Dr. Marsh already gave us.
Trust her.
Dr. Marsh is direct but has a compassionate demeanor. She cared about my emotional status throughout the process and even provided free guided meditation services with a nurse trained in this area. She took time to answer my questions without making me feel paranoid or like a bother.
IVF with ICSI and PGS testing (I'm over 40) Menopur, Follistim, Lupron, HCG trigger Natural cycle FET with HCG trigger and progesterone support (canceled medicated transfer because lining did not respond and I have a very regular 28-day cycle).
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Raquel)
The nursing staff are top notch and always take whatever time necessary to explain treatment plans and listen to other concerns. Also, the ultrasound technicians are excellent.
The clinic is organized. Busy, but this is attributable to their solid reputation. I never waited longer than 15 minutes, and I felt like each team member was pulling for us. Also, from speaking with friends who used other clinics, I'm confident KU has the best equipment and on-site facilities without the need to go elsewhere for procedures or scans.
I believe the IVF cycle cost approximately $12,500. Plus, we paid approximately $2,000 for my husband's sperm retrieval and ICSI. Medications were approximately $4,000. And, we did pgs testing. I cannot recall the cost for this.
Overland Park

I did not feel like I was treated as an individual, because she [Dr. Marsh] never changed protocol or even suggested IVF or IUI all she wanted to do was keep doing TI even after 2 years. As we stayed with her longer, her communication between her and I and her staff and I declined....I had to advocate for myself the entire time I was there, having her as a doctor and the lack of communication and the failed treatments was defeating.
I was face to face with Dr Marsh on two occasions, the first when I had my consult and the second when I was there for what felt like the 100th sonogram. I never had any other form of personal contact from her. I walked away from Dr. Marsh feeling like all I had done was put money in her pocket and make a hole in my bank account and our hearts after month after month or failed attempts. I was so now to everything back then, I had no idea she was not doing everything possible and I did not know anything about IVF back then so I was clueless that IVF may be the answer to our years of unanswered prayers. I had to advocate for myself the entire time I was there, having her as a doctor and the lack of communication and the failed treatments was defeating. I wouldn't want anyone else to ever have to go through that. When you select a provider you do so in hopes they are going to side with you and help you attain a goal, a goal that you both put your heads together to try and achieve, this however did not happen.
If you want to use this provider, be your own advocate, do your own research and learn everything you can about infertility because Dr. Marsh is not the provider who is going to help guide you through this maze.
I did not feel like I was treated as an individual, because she never changed protocol or even suggested IVF or IUI all she wanted to do was keep doing TI even after 2 years. As we stayed with her longer, her communication between her and I and her staff and I declined.
On our first cycle we used clomid 50mg for 5 days and gonal f 75 units at night, my follices did not respond and after 46 days of shots we decided to start over without them inducing a period and switch to femara 5mg for 5 days and then started back on gonal f we raised it to 100 units at night and after 120 days on this cycle I called it just before New Years. Every cycle after that we used femara 5mg and gonal f between 100-175 iu and then HCG shot and did TI none of the cycles resulted in a positive pregnancy but after the first one all of the cycles did result in follicles and with the HCG shot I had a positive ovulation test.
Dr Marsh's nurse was very nice, I cannot remember her name offhand but she always answered my emails within a few hours and if I needed a PA or any med called in she would make sure that I had it even if she needed to figure it out on the weekends or after hours at the office. I saw this nurse more than I saw my provider and she was there for most of my follicle scans and for the negative results every cycle.
The clinic itself is not up to the standards of the parent facility. KU Med is widely known for its amazing providers, state of the art testing/treatments/equipment this clinic was nothing more than an average OB office. You may have an appointment scheduled for something but that is a soft appointment as there are likely to be 5-10 other people scheduled at the same time, especially on the weekends. This clinic used to be open even on the weekends, but as I did my last cycle there they changed to only being open 8-5 Monday through Friday, which, with this type of treatment makes things super complicated.
Usual costs of lab work, ultrasounds, and medications. My HMO covered most of my ultrasounds and lab work and I used compassionate care for the medications that were not covered.
Overland Park

Dr. Marsh expected me to have a good attitude... after going through the hell we went through at our first clinic I do NOT have a good attitude. I am NOT going to be optimistic or happy for them to poke and prod on me again for a bunch of money and another emotional catastrophe. Dr. Marsh is an excellent doctor, and had I not been through the first cycle at another clinic, I'd probably have glowing reviews... all in all though, definitely recommend, she cannot help my attitude, just made me feel worse when she would ask " is there something wrong?" YES!! There is something wrong... we are here and are hoping we don't get our hearts broken again! EVERYTHING IS WRONG!!!
Get to know her better on your first visit.
KU med specifically made us feel more like they were on our team than our previous clinic. There was no demand for money prior to being seen and our phone calls and emails were always answered in a timely manner, not with a snippy response to use a antiquated "patient portal" and to quit calling the clinic.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jen Hope and Raquel Chavez)
Jen Hope -- Totally saved the whole situation. Made sure we completely understood everything and worked with us on when we had to make the 4hr drive to the clinic for our ultrasounds. Raquel Chavez- Not in the office much, didn't answer my questions to the extent we needed prior to a procedure for me before our FET. Now we have a new person, Turri.. I have only dealt with her once.
Strengths - Male Factor Infertility - working with Dr. Nangia in the Urology department along with the Dr. Marsh gave us the hope of having a biological child that our clinic in Tulsa told us we would never have. If it had not been for Dr. Nangia we would have never done a 2nd IVF cycle. Weakness - complete communication-- Didn't have a full bladder when I went for an appt, no one told me this needed to be done. Sent consent for FET in 3x before they finally stopped asking for it. Didn't answer all my email questions, phone system is always out of date or no one will answer. At the time of IVF, we were supposed to be at the clinic at 6 AM. The door was locked and no one would answer the phone, until the nurse came down looking for us 15 minutes later. Lots of details that would have made it a little less stressful for us.
The costs were less than what we experienced at the Tulsa Fertility Clinic by several thousand dollars and included more in the cost.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
Dr. Marsh was always willing to answer questions for me. She changed my treatment plan throughout different cycles as things changed. She would call me to discuss a change she wanted to make or if something didn't go as planned. I felt as if she was not in a hurry and wanted to make sure all my questions were answered. She would even meet with me sometimes to give me the next step information instead of the nurses from time to time. I really enjoyed being her patient and it was hard to leave. However, I was thrilled things worked out.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
Advocate for yourself and ask any questions you want.
Dr. Marsh was always involved in my treatments. The nurses would ask her questions and either the nurse would call back or Dr. Marsh herself. I felt like she really wanted to help me and always answered all my questions and listened to any information I had read about. I felt like she was in my corner and I was definitely treated individually.
I had to jump straight into IVF with PGD. There was a lot of prep work before I was able to start my treatments. There were things that had to be done with my husband and my blood samples at an outside lab first. Once all that was complete, I started preparing for an egg retrieval. I took follistim and menopur until directed to stop. My dosage did change and increased over time as I was monitored. I then took the HCG injection to release the eggs and after the retrieval the embryos grew until day 5. The embroyologist took biopsied to send to our outside lab and the embryos were frozen. Once the results came back telling us which embryos were healthy, we started the prep for a transfer. I began using estrogen patches. Those didn't seem to work for me to build up my lining so they added in vaginal estrace three times a day. My lining didn't get thick enough so we cancelled the cycle. The next cycle I didn't use patches but used the three estrace pills a day and then we added in follistim injections. My lining got better, but we found that there was a certain point where it was as thick as it would get. We cancelled that cycle and decided to do another egg retrieval because my lining seemed to respond better with those meds. We did another retrieval and transferred one of my frozen embryos. I became pregnant but developed OHSS and then lost the baby. I had a D&C and got an infection. Once everything was clean and ready, I prepared again for a transfer. We used estrace vaginally, follistim injections and then progesterone. This pregnancy took and I am currently 34 weeks pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jen Kooser)
My primary nurse was amazing. She was so friendly, bubbly and compassionate. She responded to my calls and emails very quickly and was wonderful to work with. Some of the other nurses I saw were wonderful as well. You begin to get to know them and they were always checking on me and seeing how things were going.
I loved this clinic. The staff when you check in were always friendly and helpful. The ladies in the lab were wonderful. The nurses are great and would answer any questions they could. They sometimes have to break bad news and I felt very safe there. Overall I was extremely pleased with the whole staff.
I believe my first full cycle was $13,000 and then my second cycle was $9,000. My final transfer was $2,500.
Dr. Marsh felt it would be best because of my age to transfer one embryo. We agreed with that choice.
Overland Park

We went with this clinic [Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] because we had a successful IUI previously to conceive our daughter. However, IVF is a whole other ballgame. Dr. Marsh did VERY little testing, only a saline sonogram to check my uterus. She did not complete new bloodwork or do any other sonograms to check for other potential issues. On the day of fresh transfer she was completely unable and or unwilling to answer questions about our embryos when we discovered there was only one that made it to blastocyst.
We went with this clinic because we had a successful IUI previously to conceive our daughter. However, IVF is a whole other ballgame. Dr. Marsh did VERY little testing, only a saline sonogram to check my uterus. She did not complete new bloodwork or do any other sonograms to check for other potential issues. On the day of fresh transfer she was completely unable and or unwilling to answer questions about our embryos when we discovered there was only one that made it to blastocyst. That transfer resulted in a chemical pregnancy. For our frozen transfer she only required two monitoring checks and told us our blastocyst looked "good." (Later we would find out from a VERY well respected dr that the same blastocyst had quite a few dead cells. I was likely to not result in pregnancy.) Overall I do not feel that Dr. Marsh was honest with us about chances for that pregnancy.
I would STRONGLY recommend NOT using this doctor or clinic.
I voiced some serious concerns over treatment at one point and the nurse was not able to answer the questions. Dr. Marsh did call me back and took some time to explain her reasons for the treatment. Nurses for the most part were patient and kind.
I started with BC to line up my cycle with when the clinic would do retrievals. I then began injections of follistim, menopur, and ganirilex. After 10 days I took a trigger shot of Novarel and then had the egg retrieval. That evening I was on Medrol, Doxycycline, Estrogen, and Progesterone. Transfer was completed 5 days later. This cycle was a chemical pregnancy. For the FET I was on Estradiol for 20 days before starting Endometrim for 5 days and then the transfer. I also had estradiol patches to increase lining. This transfer was negative.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jen and Rachelle)
The nursing staff was wonderful (although this is important, I STRONGLY recommend not choosing a clinic based on the kindness of nurses. You want someone who gets you pregnant!)
This clinic has undergone MAJOR changes during 2015. Three doctors left as well as the head of their lab. To my knowledge Marsh is the only doctor who is actually board certified. I have used this clinic in some aspect since 2012 and have witnessed it slowly fall apart.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
Monitoring appointments were only done in the morning between 7-9 am. It was different every time I went whether you would wait for 5 minutes or 50.
A cycle of IVF was just under $10k without medication. A frozen cycle was a little over $4k without medication. All testing was a separate charge.
Overland Park

When I actually did see dr. Marsh, she was in very briefly and didn't acknowledge my concerns about cost, which Is a huge factor for us.she disregarded those questions aaaand asked like it didn't matter. I also have Cystic Fibrosis, which causes extra cervical mucus. She did not think that was a concern and did not address it. I feel this was a factor as all my nurses that performed my iuis mentioned it everytime that day. But my treatment was not altered.
Be prepared to do your own research and understand all your options before you make any decisions.
Very hard to get ahold of nurses to make sure I got my correct meds I needed on time
I was prescribed clomid and a shot to release the eggs. I was also prescribed levothyroxine and told to take folic acid. Told to call on day 1 of cycle, and start mess, then ultrasound, then iui.
Very nice when you walked in, but not very helpful asking when calling to ask questions.
Hard to get in for a first visit, and they are hard to get ahold of. I would call multiple times a day and it would go straight to voicemail. Everyone was helpful once I was in the office. They were no help at all when I asked about financial options, and just told me I had to pay the full amount. No payment plan option or anything.
$600 per iui, with a few hundred dollars for meds. $125 per ultrasound, which I did 1-2 per cycle.
Overland Park

[Dr. Marsh] started with Femara since I have PCOS and using Clomid would be more dangerous. When I failed to respond, injectables were added to the protocol with a trigger shot. This hybrid protocol was used for all 3 cycles with increasing dosages of Gonal-F until I responded in a quick manner...Dr. Marsh is clearly an industry expert and engaged with the research community, which makes me feel confident that she is giving me the latest information possible. She is very willing to answer any questions I may have. She does not however offer over the top emotional support, which some women value.
Be prepared to ask a lot of questions.
The staff was always kind and caring in treatment. They made sure to make me feel comfortable with the medications and procedures every step of the way.
We started with Femara since I have PCOS and using Clomid would be more dangerous. When I failed to respond, injectables were added to the protocol with a trigger shot. This hybrid protocol was used for all 3 cycles with increasing dosages of Gonal-F until I responded in a quick manner.
Well coordinated and timely. They always provide same day call backs and show great care in their work. Special thanks to the sonographers who always show the most kindness.
The clinic as a whole functions as a well oiled machine with everyone in the office very knowledgeable about each patient. It is conveniently located right off the highway and usually runs on time getting you in and out really quickly.
My insurance has infertility coverage even covering IVF. I pay roughly $500 per hybrid cycle with a max out of pocket being $5000 a year.
Overland Park

I thought Dr. Marsh was wonderful. I had to have surgery, and she made me feel confident that this would fix our infertility. When that didn’t work for us, she honestly explained each of our options and explained why IVF was our best choice. She was compassionate, but still honest and gave us the facts. We appreciated that.... Dr. Marsh did tell us she will only transfer one embryo for your first transfer. It was not up for debate.
Dr. Marsh will not sugar coat your infertility. She sticks with honesty, and it could be hard to hear. She is not blunt, but she is honest.
The nurses engaged me in conversation, and I could tell they really cared about my needs. Dr. Marsh was very kind, and personally called me with my results for our egg retrieval.
I do not remember the exact protocols of our cycle.
I loved the nursing staff. They made me feel so comfortable, taught me how to give myself my injections, and answered any questions! The nurses were amazing!
Strengths: Kind, compassionate, high success rate, and competitive pricing Weaknesses: Sometimes they were under staffed during my morning appointments in the lab part. I’d sometimes wait over 30 minutes to get my blood drawn.
I was excited at every appointment! It wa so excited to see progress. The monitoring appointments were quick, and I was seen right away.
My IVF cycle was 14,000 dollars.
Overland Park

She [Dr Marsh] was the third doctor I had worked with, and I felt her level of care and attention was appropriate given my history of treatments. I'm polycystic but also have a thin lining issue. She thought outside the box with my protocol and I feel that is why I was finally able to achieve a pregnancy. At the point in my FET cycle when most Drs would have cancelled me for lining, Dr Marsh allowed my body to go a little longer on the meds to see if my lining would thicken, just at a slower pace than most patients. It worked!
She was the third doctor I had worked with, and I felt her level of care and attention was appropriate given my history of treatments. I'm polycystic but also have a thin lining issue. She thought outside the box with my protocol and I feel that is why I was finally able to achieve a pregnancy. At the point in my FET cycle when most Drs would have cancelled me for lining, Dr Marsh allowed my body to go a little longer on the meds to see if my lining would thicken, just at a slower pace than most patients. It worked!
Dr Marsh had a great bedside manner. No complaints.
She allowed my body to develop a lining at its own (slow!) pace and adjusted my meds along the way.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jen)
The nursing staff is so amazing that I actually MISSED them when my care transferred to a regular OB for prenatal care. I can't say enough positive things about nurse, Jen!
The clinic is busy, but the staff is friendly and well organized. My only complaint is that wait times could be long for a blood work/sono appointment depending on the day and time. (Monday and Friday mornings especially) They offer appointments as early as 7:00/7:30 for working gals like myself, and on certain days of the week 6:30!
I believe we paid about $12,000 for our IVF cycle with ICSI, and then another $5000 to a third party for PGS.

4 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Dr Courtney Marsh is the nicest Dr. She listens, she is compassionate. Now that being said. I think she isnt aggressive enough with her harder cases. She likes to follow the book and treat every case like a text book case, which infertility is definitely not text book.... Im DOR. Ive always been on the highest amount of meds for the longest they can push me. Usually 12-14 days. Ive always did 5 day transfers. With progesterone until 14dpt. With donor eggs the only thing we did differently was tried to endo scratch. Those results were never sent off to be tested.
4 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Not sure.
All of the ultrasound techs are very compassionate which is good because you see them alot. I only had a primary IVF nurse because I only ever did IVF. She was nice but easily aggravated. The blood lab ladies were always very nice.
I think the Kansas City area as a whole lacks enough Reproductive Endocrinologists. With as many couples seeking treatment as there are. This clinic as well as every other one in the area, they're just busy. And you are on there time.
All ultra sound nurses are great
I believe it was 10-12 thousand. Not counting medication.
Never had the choice. Usually only had one to transfer.
Overland Park

She [Dr. Marsh] does seem like a very good doctor but just is not personable and did not give much time to talk over treatment plan. She did not say anything about my husband’s side of the infertility and the cause was never stated.... She wasn’t very personable and seemed to just be going through the motions.... I would recommend they be prepared with a specific list of questions because the time with her is short.
She does seem like a very good doctor but just is not personable and did not give much time to talk over treatment plan. She did not say anything about my husband’s side of the infertility and the cause was never stated.
She wasn’t very personable and seemed to just be going through the motions.
I really like all of the nurses we encountered. They answered any questions we had and were all very friendly. They responded to calls and emails very quickly.
The clinic is nice and clean. It it difficult to get through on the phones sometimes even during business hours. It seemed like there were certain a times they office assistants would actually answer the phone. The clinic worked well with scheduling times that worked for us.
IVF was $9,500 plus the cost of meds which was quoted at $3,000-$5,000. Each semen analysis was $220. Infectious disease labs were $700 and basic labs were $220.
She only does eSET she says.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Marsh was kind, empathetic and professional....However, after 3 cycles converted to IUIs and 1 retrieval that failed to make a blast, we felt that the entire practice and lab was too new and thought we could get better results at a more established clinic....One thing is make sure you get the office to agree to in-person consultations after a failed procedure. My husband and I had a hard time getting a time and a location to meet with Dr. Marsh after our failed retrieval.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Marsh was very professional and kind. However, after 3 cycles converted to IUIs and 1 retrieval that failed to make a blast, we felt that the entire practice and lab was too new and thought we could get better results at a more established clinic.
Dr. Marsh was kind, empathetic and professional.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Turri Hall)
Turri was the main nurse and IVF coordinator. She was professional and all business. I sometimes needed her to re-explain or walk through Items again because she would fly through the instructions. It would have been nice to have been shown a little more compassion. The other nurses we interacted with for shots and during retrieval were warmer.
Overall, they felt like a very young clinic and even though another doctor had been there for a while, they appeared to be changing methodologies. Once we discovered SART reports, my husband and I felt they didn’t have the successes to continue with them.
Overland Park

I am young and had no known reason for infertility. Dr. Marsh wasted no time figuring out what the reason(s) we couldn't conceive and acted fast to put a plan together. They accommodated my husbands schedule when he needed to go in for testing as well. When his results came back they reached out on many outlets to get us the information, and then waited no time sending us the referral he now needs as well.
There are multiple resources to reach out to the staff. They also accommodate male infertility, making the process much smoother than others I have heard of.
The front desk staff always remembers me by name, and get me back promptly. They are great about answering questions and will find the answer if they don't know it. Even the lab staff is wonderful and try to make the process as painless as possible. I have only had to wait once and they didn't make me feel rushed through my appointment like I have experienced other places.
Overland Park

[Dr. Courtney Marsh was] Very professional and courteous. She set realistic expectations, and we were pleasantly surprised to have early success. She spoke to us in a clear manner and was reassuring when we had concerns...I tried IUI a few times, I think just because my insurance required it. And we did injected medicine for 2 months...had excellent bedside manner.
Have realistic expectations, but don't give up hope. It was a check to my ego to go through this process, but it was worth it in the end!
Excellent care, things were explained in full. Physician and staff had excellent bedside manner.
I tried IUI a few times, I think just because my insurance required it. And we did injected medicine for 2 months. I just followed the directions they gave me
Excellent location, good access with parking, and very nice building. Front desk is very nice, and I always received follow-up phone calls. I guess I would have liked a cappucciono provided to drink while I waited, and the interaction from the finance team could have been more clear.
It was about $13k in total
One embryo was recommended
Overland Park
She [Dr. Marsh] took the time to get to know me and my husband. She has excellent bedside manner...She is always listening and has an answer for any worry or question. I know she is there for me and I feel her support. She is like a cheerleader in wanting to have her patients be successful. She treats me like a friend rather than a patient...Femura- 1 round to try to get me to ovulate, unsuccessful treatment was changed. Gonal f injections with trigger shots-2 rounds, unsuccessful, treatment was changed Currently going through ivf
Write down questions ahead of time for the appointments
She took the time to get to know me and my husband. She has excellent bedside manner.
Quick in responding phone calls and emails. Call to follow up on days when they aren't working. Ensures the patients understand the treatment plan
It is a clean clinic. It is easy to find. Staff are always friendly and smiling.
Single is more successful and less of a risk for mom and baby
Overland Park
We only met her [Dr. Courtney Marsh] one time at our first visit even though we had about 20 visits. She was too busy and it cost over $100 just to talk with her on the phone to explain anything to us about our treatment options. Nothing was personalized just take this pill or shot then come in every 3 days and nothing worked...I raised concerns that were never addressed...We did Clomid, Fermera pills that never helped. She kept trying to make them work, but it wasted so much time and money to have to keep coming in to check. Then we moved to the Gonl-F shots and trigger shots.
Courtney Mash didn't care or take the time to ever inform us about our cycle plan or why she thought it would be best to do what she suggested. I raised concerns that were never addressed. I also was going to be gone for work for 3 days and I let them know a few times then when they scheduled me on one of those days I was like I am out of town I have told you that a number of times, but they never listened. A total lack of communication or a plan to feel like spending thousands of dollars helped at all. A total waste of our money, time and stress.
I would highly suggest to go somewhere else! If you want to actually meet with your doctor without waiting and spending hundreds of dollars more then she is not the one for you. I have done better research and will go somewhere else that gets the best reviews and you actually get to meet with your doctor at no extra charge! What an amazing thought to actually meet with you doctor and not just comminuted with the nurses via the portal!
We only met her one time at our first visit even though we had about 20 visits. She was too busy and it cost over $100 just to talk with her on the phone to explain anything to us about our treatment options. Nothing was personalized just take this pill or shot then come in every 3 days and nothing worked.
It just depended on who we saw that day. There was always a lack of communication at the appointments on what they were needing to be checking again. Then I would log onto the portal and nothing was there or anything. It was lazy and not caring.
Don't go honestly. I wish I was told this before we did. 1.) Lack of a true plan or understanding of why we were doing things 2.) Felt like a number and that they just wanted our money 3.) Didn't care about us or try to make a caring connection
Over the top! It was so expensive and a waste for us. Crazy how you can spend so much for no results. If I did that at work I wouldn't get paid or I would be fired.
She never spoke with us or suggested anything.

1 IUI, Surrogacy
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
i feel like dr marsh is doing what she needs to and hopefully will result in a pregnacy, i feel like if i didnt have a good chance getting pregnant then she would just refer me on to ivf...ive only seen her once and that was consultation day, i normally go threw the nurses for everything, i do like that dr marsh and nurses get back with me in a timely manner tho and lets me decide if i will move on to iui or jsut meds and timed.
1 IUI, Surrogacy
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
dont give up and if you have questions ask and dont hesitate to email and get answers
she gets back with me in a timely manner and always anwsers my questions when i have them
i have a blocked tube, low eggs and now low male count , we are currently doing femara, US and trigger shots husband was referred to a urologist so aiting to do another iui until his appt, so jsut doing meds and timed for now
they have been a huge help in everything, i talk to them alot and i get my questions answers in a timely manner
i enjoy everything about this clinic, the staff is very helpful and very compassionate. i can always get in when i need to and i feel like they all know their jobs and what they need to do which is very comforting
not too much, very reasonable...i just wish my insurance paid for ivf bc i would most likely just do that instead since iui is only 10/20% chance
Overland Park
I felt like a human cause I know she [Dr. Courtney Marsh] has dealt with with this and she knows my pain and struggle. We have been trying for 8 years...she makes u feel welcome and comfortable. When going thru the fertility treatments I was scared but mrs marsh always knew what to say to calm me down. She has always been upfront and honest to me and my husband to let us know the circumstances on our chances of conceiving.
Courtney marsh is a great and honest doctor. I know she understands it's hard she makes u feel welcome and comfortable. When going thru the fertility treatments I was scared but mrs marsh always knew what to say to calm me down. She has always been upfront and honest to me and my husband to let us know the circumstances on our chances of conceiving.
Hang in there. I know it's hard but everything will be fine.
I felt like a human cause I know she has dealt with with this and she knows my pain and struggle. We have been trying for 8 years
The nursing staff was so polite asked me all type of questions made sure I was comfortable before they did anything
Strengths I would have yo say is there very up front an honest appt times are right on point.. I would have to say weaknesses they could probably explain things a little more where there more understandable would like to see doctor marsh more often than I see the nurses
For a iui is 600 doctor visit 300 shot 100 and ivf 25,000
Overland Park

Dr Marsh was very helpful and took the time to listen to our history of everything we have been through to try to have a child. She was honest with us about our chances and what she thought was in our best interest.... Courtney Marsh took the time to sit down with us and discuss our options and what our chances were of conceiving... [Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine has a] Very relaxed environment and everyone was so helpful. Did not have to wait too long for an appointment and Dr Marsh had already went over our history and was ready to help us with our next step with infertility
Very caring and compassionate.
We used injectables and then did an IUI
I remember the IUI was around $500-$600