Available by cell phone
FellowshipU. of Kansas
10777 Nall Avenue
Overland Park, KS 66211
913-588-2229
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Courtney Marsh to a friend?
7.3

4.7

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine to a friend?
2017 - 2019
Dr. Marsh is compassionate and I feel she is smart. However, I don’t feel supported enough by her. I have only met her twice, but she is making all of my healthcare decisions regarding next steps in my fertility journey. I would think her weaknesses would include not communicating to her patient enough or getting to know someone and their situation. This should be apparent to any physician to get to know their patient.
I cannot stress this enough. I would make sure you stay on top of scheduling, treatments, medications, and follow-up appointments. [at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine]. ... My husband went in for a sperm freeze for a future IUI cycle. The sperm was analyzed and thrown away. It was not frozen because the appointment was not correct, the order wasn’t placed, and the technician that roomed him did not ask what he was there for that day. The clinic called us to let us know. He went back to the clinic the same day to provide another one. ... Communication is a huge weakness for this clinic and it’s important to be your own advocate. I would say a strength is knowing the cycles, the treatments and understanding the diagnosis. However, compassion and communication are huge downfalls.
2017 - 2019
How was your experience with Courtney Marsh at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Courtney Marsh at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
I would definitely make sure that you are in charge of your healthcare and you are staying on top of what you need to do to become pregnant. I would write every question you have down and don’t feel like you are being rushed out of the room.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Courtney Marsh at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
My experience with Dr. Marsh did not feel as though I was human, but not quite a number. In the matter of almost 2 years that I have been established with this RE, I have only seen this physician twice. During this time, I asked for a return appointment to discuss my next steps. After that appointment, I have yet to see my physician again. I continue to message my clinic regarding my treatments and the next step I want to take. The messages I receive in the portal do not make me feel that they have any idea how many cycles, IUIs, or miscarriages I have had. I feel when I message my doctor’s office I should receive a response with thought, understanding, and poise. I would not say this happens every time I interact with this office. However, I believe it is 85% of the time that I feel the nurses have not read my background and understood the treatments I have gone through prior to messaging me in regard to my care. In that regard, I do feel I am just a number to them. During my person to person interactions, I feel they are compassionate to an extent. If I was not a nurse and didn’t understand the importance of being in charge of your healthcare, then I would think my healthcare would fall through the cracks at this facility.
Describe the protocols Courtney Marsh used in your cycles at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I was never told what the name of any of my protocols that she put me on. I was told that we would start out with Progesterone (for induction of my cycle) and Letrozole. I believe my first cycle was 2.5mg tablets and taking 2 a day from days 3-7. Then, I would do OPKS to assess ovulation. My husband and I would have intercourse once there was a positive OPK for 3 days straight. My 2nd cycle I was increased to 7.5mg for days 3-7. This dose increase I had to ask the office for. I did get pregnant on my 2nd cycle of this strategy and it resulted in miscarriage. I had a D&C. Then, I did 3 cycles of Progesterone, Letrozole, and Ovidrel (trigger shot). These 3 cycles ended in negative pregnancy tests. These 6 cycles I was never given a rationale as to why this strategy is being used over another. I was outlined the basics of Progesterone induces the cycle, Letrozole helps you ovulate, and the trigger shot gives you a 99% ovulation chance. At this point, I requested that I see Dr. Marsh to talk about my next step. I was told that my only chance of getting pregnant would be IVF. At this appointment, IUI was never discussed with me if I didn’t bring it up myself. Dr. Marsh said this could be an option, but would not be successful and we should go straight to IVF. We took a couple months off from treatment and I started hormones again. I was told that we would be doing Progesterone for induction of cycle, Letrozole and trigger shots. I did not have a rationale as to why we could not try any different medications. I had one cycle with Progesterone induction. I did not do hormones this cycle due to not having a heavy flow. So, the next month I did IUI. I did Letrozole 7.5mg days 3-7, Ovidrel for trigger shot, and follicular ultrasounds to track my follicles for the day of IUI. This resulted in a negative pregnancy test. I am currently in the middle of my cycle as I type this. I was told directions by Dr. Marsh to do Letrozole 7.5mg days 3-7, no trigger shot, and OPKS this cycle. I will await another pregnancy test later this month.
As a nurse, I feel it is important to show compassion. I did not feel that from this group of nurses, except one. Hilary is a great nurse at that facility! The only way to communicate with the nursing staff is through a portal. If you call the clinic, they advise you for any questions or concerns to message them on the portal. I continue to ask questions because I want to be in charge of my healthcare. I feel most of the time I continue to get answers that are not organized or I feel they do not know my care at all. I find myself frustrated and stressed when I receive a message back that I feel is not organized. If there is a portal that you use specifically for communication with your patients, then you should be able to pull up the old messages in regards to what the patient has said previously. This portal goes to all the nurses in the clinic and I usually get a different nurse messaging me back every time. I was never assigned a nurse coordinator to specifically know my treatment plan. This causes disorganization when I messaged the facility. My husband went in for a sperm analysis and freeze prior to a trip. I had been in communication with the nursing staff about my husband only being able to get that specific day off for an appointment. This appointment resulted in error and the sperm was not frozen. This was not acceptable and it was scheduled wrong. I have felt compassion from some of the nurses, but I have only seen one person to person. She was lovely. I have a hard time trusting people that are in charge of my care when the only time I can speak with them is through a portal.
Describe your experience with Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
I cannot stress this enough. I would make sure you stay on top of scheduling, treatments, medications, and follow-up appointments. Communication is a huge weakness for this clinic and it’s important to be your own advocate. I would say a strength is knowing the cycles, the treatments and understanding the diagnosis. However, compassion and communication are huge downfalls.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Courtney Marsh at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
My insurance covered the diagnostic and lab tests. I did have to go to a different facility for a test that was out of network for my insurance and ended up having to pay for that. My IUI was not covered by insurance.
What specific things went wrong at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
My husband went in for a sperm freeze for a future IUI cycle. The sperm was analyzed and thrown away. It was not frozen because the appointment was not correct, the order wasn’t placed, and the technician that roomed him did not ask what he was there for that day. The clinic called us to let us know. He went back to the clinic the same day to provide another one. This sample would only be frozen for a future IVF cycle and not IUI. We did not have the money for IVF at the time and we wanted to IUI after him coming back from a trip to a Zika exposed place. Once he went into the clinic, I received another phone call that he could come back to give another sample 48 hours later to freeze for IUI. We did not have to pay for two freezing storages for both samples.
Overland Park

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Courtney Marsh at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.

PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Marsh is friendly and very knowledgeable. However, I felt like my care plan is not fully satisfying my needs, and that might be that I am not pregnant yet or I am not grasping the plan. We have been trying for 2 years next month, 8 failed medicated cycles, and yet when I ask questions I feel like I get the bare minimum answers. "try again next month, don't give up", "everything looks fine", but no additional labs or test are done to investigate why this is not working. I am might be jaded when it comes to this but I feel like I have to go above and beyond to advocate for myself.
The nursing staff is great at KU. You will see them more than Dr. Marsh, they are compassionate, quick to respond, and friendly. I have notice some turnover which is a little concerning, but all of the nurses that I have come into contact have been very pleasant!...IUI - $600...There are often a long waiting period when doing an IUI, I wish that they would call when the specimen has been completed. They typically tell you when to show up after your partner's appointment and I have waited close to 2 hours (after my scheduled time) before the specimen was ready. The clinic has a friendly front desk. The front desk staff can be a little frazzled sometimes, but I just patiently work with them. The billing is such a pain, if you have any insurance that covers fertility treatment it can be a pain to get accurate invoices, I finally got a bill corrected from January. Also, they require you pay upfront for IUI services, which is no problem but then they bill you for it after as well, which again is a pain. When I called to get this corrected, they expected me to know that it wasn't a bill, that my payment had not posted in their systems...
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Take her demeanor with a grain of salt, she can come off as being curt, but again I have very pleasant conversations with her, when I actually do speak to her.
All communication is done via email and makes it difficult to have a personal touch. I have only visited with Dr. Marsh twice, the rest have been via email and her nursing staff (which is wonderful). I had to beg the front desk to speak in person with a Nurse when I was really struggling with the fertility drugs. I did get to be seen, but it made me feel like I had to go above and beyond to advocate for myself and not be 'another email'.
We started with an HSG that showed a partial blocked right tube and a pre diagnosis of PCOS. Then was prescribed Letrozole 5mg starting CD 3 - CD 7 and did follicle ultrasounds on CD 10. Follicles did not respond and she upped the Letrozole to 7 mg, again follicle ultrasound on CD 10. The right follicles were the only side responding and not very well. Letrozole said the same, but added GONAL-F 50 mg injections on CD 7 - CD 10. The left side started to respond but my dominate follicles were on the right. We did this treatment for 6 months, and decided to take a break last May. In August 2019 we started again and in addition to the Letrozole and GONAL-F, Clomid (do not have the dosage but it was 3 tablets a night CD 3 - 7) was added. We had a great response with the Clomid and was able to do our first IUI in August, it failed. We did the same cycle plan in October, the Clomid and Letrozole responded better and I did not have to do the injections of the GONAL-F. We tried another IUI end of September and I am currently in the TWW to know if it was successful.
IUI - $600, Ultrasounds - Unknown Insurance covered, HSG - - Unknown Insurance covered, GONAL- F - $350, Clomid - $30 with insurance, Letrozole - $4
Describe Courtney Marsh's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.

Anovulation, PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
She [Dr. Courtney Marsh] agreed to ovarian drilling if I gave her three cycles. She consulted another physician to do the ovarian drilling and never spoke with me about it. I found out from the other physician. I got approval for the drilling surgery and now she has changed her mind on doing the drilling and never told me why. Now she says she wants me to do IVF with her instead but I have a living child conceived naturally. She just doesn’t speak to me and doesn’t work with me...When she makes an agreement with a patient, it would be nice to know exactly why that agreement can’t be upheld? I feel cheated out of my care and I feel like I wasted my time and added more heartache.
Ultrasounds and lab all in the clinic [Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine]. That was great! I didn’t have to go anywhere. Very little wait time. Just no surprises. They cannot work you in if you have an emergency. I tried to get in early once for an ultrasound and couldn’t...Everyone I worked with was really organized and fast. I truly enjoyed the staff...My insurance covered the costs unless Doctor Marsh wanted any special testing.
Anovulation, PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
She is a knowledgeable physician. She is a wonderful and respectful woman. Her patients need to see her and they need an explanation from her. Especially when she is frequently changing their care plan. When she makes an agreement with a patient, it would be nice to know exactly why that agreement can’t be upheld? I feel cheated out of my care and I feel like I wasted my time and added more heartache.
You won’t see her. Write down everything you want to ask her. And keep it with you often because she might call you when you’re in the car.
She left me pregnant with a blighted ovum for 3 weeks before doing a D and C and never told me why. I made an appointment with her in the first place this year because I wanted ovarian drilling. My only living child is the result of ovarian drilling. She agreed to ovarian drilling if I gave her three cycles. She consulted another physician to do the ovarian drilling and never spoke with me about it. I found out from the other physician. I got approval for the drilling surgery and now she has changed her mind on doing the drilling and never told me why. Now she says she wants me to do IVF with her instead but I have a living child conceived naturally. She just doesn’t speak to me and doesn’t work with me.
For my cycles we used letrozal 2.5 mg 3 pills once per day on cycle days 5-9. Then I did Gonal-f 50 units on cycle days 10 and 11 in the evening. Then I had ultrasound monitoring and when ready an HCG trigger shot and timed intercourse.
Ultrasounds and lab all in the clinic. That was great! I didn’t have to go anywhere. Very little wait time. Just no surprises. They cannot work you in if you have an emergency. I tried to get in early once for an ultrasound and couldn’t. We waited a good while but that’s my fault. The original appointment time didn’t work but they can’t really work you in earlier.
My insurance covered the costs unless Doctor Marsh wanted any special testing.
I have not had a chance to progress further and do embryo transfers.
Doctor Marsh referred me to another provider for Ovary surgery and the clinic never told me. I received a call from the other physician to tell me I needed the paperwork.
Overland Park

All five rounds [with Dr. Courtney Marsh] were three days of letrozole, then at about cycle day 6 I would start gonal f injections along with regular ultrasounds...All of this was instructed through the portal. Each round the amount of gonal f would be increased. All resulted in negative pregnancy tests...I was never told that I had low ovarian reserve after testing...only actually spoke to her twice. Once for my consultation, before any treatment, and then in the last month when I decided that we were not a good fit. Primarily I spoke to nurses only through the portal. I never actually got any results face to face or over the phone.
Primarily I spoke to nurses [at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] only through the portal. I never actually got any results face to face or over the phone...The nursing staff was really the only interaction I had. The regular scans would be with them. It felt a little bit like an assembly line as we would all be waiting and just called back, taken care of and sent on our way. I got all my results through the portal and a brief follow up message on the portal with instructions from the nurses. Any questions would be sent back through the portal and responded to fairly quickly by the nurses in the portal. Clinic Errors
I only met with Dr. Marsh twice. Once before starting any treatment and then ten months later. I did not hear the words “Diminished ovarian reserve” until the second meeting after five rounds of treatment. I asked if IVF would be an option and was told there would be the same chance of success with what was being done at the time. Multiple other doctors have said they would have gone to IVF immediately instead of spending so much time doing other treatment. I believe if I have been told I had diminished ovarian reserve at the beginning, I probably would have researched Dr. Marsh’s success rates earlier. If I had a friend that was under 35, I might recommend them going to Dr. Marsh, but anyone struggling to get pregnant I would recommend elsewhere.
If you just need a little help getting pregnant and you appreciate a relatively hands off approach, she will be great.
I worked with Dr. Marsh for ten months and only actually spoke to her twice. Once for my consultation, before any treatment, and then in the last month when I decided that we were not a good fit. Primarily I spoke to nurses only through the portal. I never actually got any results face to face or over the phone.
All five rounds were three days of letrozole, then at about cycle day 6 I would start gonal f injections along with regular ultrasounds. After a few days I would be told to do the ovidril shot with intercourse three days after. All of this was instructed through the portal. Each round the amount of gonal f would be increased. All resulted in negative pregnancy tests. I tended to have ovarian cysts after a round of treatment which would add another month where nothing could be done.
The clinic seems quite qualified for working with women who do not have any struggles with getting pregnant. They don’t seem to have many tools available if you are struggling to get pregnant naturally.
My insurance covered most of the procedures and medication, but not the blood lab draws that were done regularly.
Dr. Marsh was not willing to try any kind of transfer.
I was never told that I had low ovarian reserve after testing. I was told that I was good to go and to start the procedure they had described.

Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
they [KS U Ctr for Advanced Repro Med] were great about scheduling and got me in very quickly for my consult. However, once my initial appointment past, the waiting times get longer and longer. I appreciate them getting me in the door right away, but it is almost more stressful having to wait 3 or 5 weeks between appointments. Waiting over a month just to go over test results is the worst. I do love having the portal to communicate with the nursing staff and they have been great about responding very quickly no matter what which is awesome.
Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
My husband and I had been warned by several people that Dr. Marsh is incredible and truly amazing at what she does. She is incredibly smart and experienced as well as high success rates. However, some are very offput by her personality. Personally, we felt that we would rather have a doctor be successful on the first try that had a rude or cold personality (which is far from the case, she is very caring and kind) as opposed to a doctor with amazing bedside manner who made us feel great but took multiple attempts which means more money and time . Luckily, we discussed this all in advance and were able to make the decision expecting her to be super rude or something just awful. Dr. Marsh to me is more of a straight shooter who cares deeply about her patients and puts her entire heart into what she does therefore takes it seriously. She has always had a smile on her face and been very kind but always serious and means business.
dont expect a bubbly joking personality from her because that is just not who she is. instead you can expect her to be direct and honest and kind but with a very serious demeanor
I know that it is common and happens with almost all RE's, but I still struggle with the lack of interaction or ability to communicate with Dr. Marsh. Her entire staff is beyond amazing and very helpful throughout this entire process. One thing that could improve for me is that it feels like each time we have actually met with Dr. Marsh in person I feel very rushed and when I asked questions it felt as if I was an inconviennce and wasting her time. I know that she has tons of patients and is very busy, however I could see that potentially being an issue for someone wanting a more personalized or communicative RE. I was already aware of Dr. Marsh's "dry and sometimes cold" personality before choosing her as my doctor. Ultimately my husband and I felt that we would rather have the BEST doctor with highest success rates who lacked personality over a doctor who had a terrific bedside manner but lower success rates and potentially requiring more attempts for success.
I have bi-lateral tubal obstruction with the presence of fluid in my left tube. Following a severe sexual assault at age 20, I had a reconstructive surgery at age 21 attempting to repair my tubes hoping to one day become a mom. Sadly, the surgery was unsuccessful and I am now 29 with IVF as my only option. I am currently in the process of trying to finance the procedure as its not covered by insurance. Dr. Marsh expects that I will produce an abundance of eggs in just on retrieval as I have an AMH of 15.92 and very rarely get periods. As long as we get enough embryos as expected, my left tube will then be removed due to the presence of hydrosalpinx. FET will then occur as soon as everything heals (as soon as a few weeks later)
always so kind and sweet! they are very helpful and always have smiles on their faces.
they were great about scheduling and got me in very quickly for my consult. However, once my initial appointment past, the waiting times get longer and longer. I appreciate them getting me in the door right away, but it is almost more stressful having to wait 3 or 5 weeks between appointments. Waiting over a month just to go over test results is the worst. I do love having the portal to communicate with the nursing staff and they have been great about responding very quickly no matter what which is awesome. I have a couple times felt a phone call would be more appropriate and easier than using the messages on the portal because sometimes what would only take a three minute phone call ends up taking a couple hours of messaging back and forth. However I do see the the long term benefit of being able to go back and re read messages and avoid any confusion which you can obviously not do on a call.
i know the cost for IVF including ICSI and FET is $11,750 and they will not split it up. This doesnt include medications. I requested the bundle as they called it be broken down as my insurance will cover some of it like ultrasounds, blood work, etc but they are not willing to do that and refused.
due to my age she said she would be transferring just on embryo
During my HSG I really dont understand why or what exactly caused this but - somehow left the procedure under the impression that both of tubes were open and looked great and rejoiced because i was almost certain my tubes would never be able to work after a horrific trauma ten years ago. Then about a week or two later, I was utterly devastated and crushed to then find out the exact opposite in that they were both blocked and could not be fixed.

Male Factor, Other
We had one face-to-face consultation with Dr. Marsh where she asked us a lot of questions and listened closely to our responses. ... We don't live near the clinic, so we have had a number of phone consultations with Dr. Marsh and it always feels like Dr. Marsh takes into consideration who we are, where we are in the process, and our requests. ... She listened to every question we had and was well-informed in answering our questions. Dr. Marsh tends to keep her answers brief, but answers any followup questions. ...
Getting an initial consultation setup [at KU Med] was difficult because it had to be done over the phone and connecting with a person was challenging. However, once setup in the portal, communication has been a breeze. All the staff has been incredibly friendly and easy to work with. ... All the nurses have been a pleasure to work with. They are supportive and well-educated. They respond to questions and share results promptly.
Male Factor, Other
We had one face-to-face consultation with Dr. Marsh where she asked us a lot of questions and listened closely to our responses. She listened to every question we had and was well-informed in answering our questions. Dr. Marsh tends to keep her answers brief, but answers any followup questions. We had one unfortunate IUI with very low sperm count and Dr. Marsh spoke with us face-to-face about that situation. Our additional contact with Dr. Marsh has been over phone consultations following failed treatments. We have been able to quickly and easily obtain consultations with Dr. Marsh and review what we did and what are the next steps moving forward. She is quick to recommend changes to treatment as appropriate which I really appreciated. Her recommendations are guided by our situation and founded in a strong understanding of current research and data.
Being well prepared and informed has helped us make more efficient use of our time with Dr. Marsh. Have questions and topics prepared to discuss during your appointments.
Dr. Marsh and all the staff we regularly see at the clinic knows who we are. We don't live near the clinic, so we have had a number of phone consultations with Dr. Marsh and it always feels like Dr. Marsh takes into consideration who we are, where we are in the process, and our requests. Dr. Marsh and the clinic staff are good listeners and want our input. We have genuine conversations with Dr. Marsh which have guided our treatment decisions.
We started with an IUI. Our last semen analysis showed just enough total motile sperm to make IUI a reasonable choice. Because she suspected that I might have a luteal phase defect, she also prescribed Letrozole (Femara) to boost my corpus luteum and progesterone for luteal phase support. Due to very low total motile count for the IUI, we decided to proceed to IVF. I have good numbers and wanted to do a fresh transfer, so Dr. Marsh prescribed low doses of medications for stimming (75IU Menopur and 75IU Gonal F, antagonist protocol). I started Cetrotide based on results from ultrasound and bloodwork monitoring. Dr. Marsh monitored and reviewed my results closely. I produced 9 eggs, 8 were mature, and 7 fertilized with ICSI, and resulted in 5 blastocysts. We transferred 1 day-5 embryo (after 5 days of 50 mg/day progesterone-in-oil) after the egg retrieval which did not implant. Immediately following we were able to start an FET cycle. Due to lack of implantation, Dr. Marsh had me do an endometrial scratch. I was primed with estrogen (Estradiol 2 mg tablets, 3/day) and started progesterone-in-oil (50 mg/day) and Endometrin (3 suppositories/day) 5 days before my FET. That embryo implanted, but resulted in an early miscarriage/chemical pregnancy.
Getting an initial consultation setup was difficult because it had to be done over the phone and connecting with a person was challenging. However, once setup in the portal, communication has been a breeze. All the staff has been incredibly friendly and easy to work with.
IUI cost $600 plus meds. IVF cost $11,000 plus meds (ICSI included in IVF cost). Each FET costs $2500 plus meds (endometrial scratch included in FET cost). I think the pricing is fair and is clearly outlined in documents provided by the clinic.
Dr. Marsh very strictly follows a single embryo transfer policy for our situation (young, good quality embryos)

Endometriosis, Male Factor
Dr. Marsh was on our team and communicated that everytime we saw her. I appreciated her optimism, while keeping it realistic. She spoke the truth and was really pulling for us to get pregnant. She listened to our concerns when we had them and adjusted accordingly.... She wanted to get to know us as a couple instead of just a number.... Femara and Gonal RFF with Ovidrel trigger for IUI. Femara was used due to my history of endometriosis.
When you submit a question or message via the portal the first available nurse [KU] responds. This is nice for timely responses but can be frustrating when the nurse doesn’t fully understand your protocol or doesn’t take the time to read over it correctly. Sometimes there were numerous spelling errors in our messages and that worried me since everything needed to be precise. It seemed like there were too many hands. I would have liked to have had a primary contact for all of my procedures.
Endometriosis, Male Factor
Be your own advocate. Speak up when you need more information or have questions because it isn’t spoon fed to you.
Dr. Marsh listened to our concerns and answered our questions thoroughly. She wanted to get to know us as a couple instead of just a number.
When you submit a question or message via the portal the first available nurse responds. This is nice for timely responses but can be frustrating when the nurse doesn’t fully understand your protocol or doesn’t take the time to read over it correctly. Sometimes there were numerous spelling errors in our messages and that worried me since everything needed to be precise. It seemed like there were too many hands. I would have liked to have had a primary contact for all of my procedures. It would have been more personalized.
Financial services is great to work with. Prices are good since it is a huge hospital. The pharmacy they use is great. Clinic hours and availability are awesome for working parents! Clean and nice facility with new equipment. Dealing with the nursing staff was definitely my least favorite experience.
IUI was $600 plus meds and ultrasounds/bloodwork. IVF with ICSI was $14k plus meds.
Only eSET is used for my age range.
There is a lot of miscommunication due to the fact that all of the nurses answer the questions and messages on the portal. Numerous times I had to ask questions of the care protocol and they were mistaken in the information that they previously gave me with our IUI cycles. During our IVF cycle, we had one primary contact which was much more helpful.
Overland Park

When I actually did see dr. Marsh, she was in very briefly and didn't acknowledge my concerns about cost, which Is a huge factor for us.she disregarded those questions aaaand asked like it didn't matter. I also have Cystic Fibrosis, which causes extra cervical mucus. She did not think that was a concern and did not address it. I feel this was a factor as all my nurses that performed my iuis mentioned it everytime that day. But my treatment was not altered.
[KU Center for Advanced Reproductive Med is] Hard to get in for a first visit, and they are hard to get ahold of. I would call multiple times a day and it would go straight to voicemail. Everyone was helpful once I was in the office. They were no help at all when I asked about financial options, and just told me I had to pay the full amount. No payment plan option or anything.
Be prepared to do your own research and understand all your options before you make any decisions.
Very hard to get ahold of nurses to make sure I got my correct meds I needed on time
I was prescribed clomid and a shot to release the eggs. I was also prescribed levothyroxine and told to take folic acid. Told to call on day 1 of cycle, and start mess, then ultrasound, then iui.
Very nice when you walked in, but not very helpful asking when calling to ask questions.
$600 per iui, with a few hundred dollars for meds. $125 per ultrasound, which I did 1-2 per cycle.
I was due for for my meds, and tried to pick them up at the pharmacy but the nurse never called it in. I was 2 days late starting my prescribed meds.
Overland Park

[Dr. Marsh] started with Femara since I have PCOS and using Clomid would be more dangerous. When I failed to respond, injectables were added to the protocol with a trigger shot. This hybrid protocol was used for all 3 cycles with increasing dosages of Gonal-F until I responded in a quick manner...Dr. Marsh is clearly an industry expert and engaged with the research community, which makes me feel confident that she is giving me the latest information possible. She is very willing to answer any questions I may have. She does not however offer over the top emotional support, which some women value.
The staff [at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] was always kind and caring in treatment. They made sure to make me feel comfortable with the medications and procedures every step of the way...[nurses were] Well coordinated and timely. They always provide same day call backs and show great care in their work. Special thanks to the sonographers who always show the most kindness.
Be prepared to ask a lot of questions.
The staff was always kind and caring in treatment. They made sure to make me feel comfortable with the medications and procedures every step of the way.
We started with Femara since I have PCOS and using Clomid would be more dangerous. When I failed to respond, injectables were added to the protocol with a trigger shot. This hybrid protocol was used for all 3 cycles with increasing dosages of Gonal-F until I responded in a quick manner.
The clinic as a whole functions as a well oiled machine with everyone in the office very knowledgeable about each patient. It is conveniently located right off the highway and usually runs on time getting you in and out really quickly.
My insurance has infertility coverage even covering IVF. I pay roughly $500 per hybrid cycle with a max out of pocket being $5000 a year.
I have had a nurse suggest a cycle was going to be cancelled because of over stimulation(4 follicles) but then Dr. Marsh okayed it and said she approves cycles up to 5 follicles.

5 IUI, IVF
I feel like she [Dr. Marsh] is pretty good at explaining course of treatment and options. I do however feel like sometimes she generalizes and has a hard time thinking outside of the box. Dr marsh took over for a doctor that moved away in the beginning of my care at the clinic and my initial meeting with her was disastrous. Since that first meeting I think her bedside manner has improved tremendously and she’s become much more personable and relaxed with her patient interactions.
Once in the office and even on the phone the nurses [at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] are very kind and compassionate...Trigger shots were not always called in when I went to pick up so ended up having to wait around pharmacy on 2 occasions...13k for ivf cycle to clinic Approximately 1k per iui cycle... The clinic has a kind and fun front desk staff. The financial coordinators explain costs up front and answer all questions frankly, which is a welcome so there's no surprise expenditures. When i had an issue with one staff member and expressed my experience to my nurse she was extremely concerned and understanding. I had a call later that afternoon from the office manager to discuss the situation.
5 IUI, IVF
Understanding that the majority of people who end up seeking treatment from dr Marsh are not straight forward cases and I am NO exception, I feel like she’s pretty good at explaining course of treatment and options. I do however feel like sometimes she generalizes and has a hard time thinking outside of the box. Dr marsh took over for a doctor that moved away in the beginning of my care at the clinic and my initial meeting with her was disastrous. Since that first meeting I think her bedside manner has improved tremendously and she’s become much more personable and relaxed with her patient interactions.
Advocate. Advocate. Advocate for yourself! Speak up!
Dr. Marsh and her staff are compassionate and real. They have humor and understanding depending on the situation. I have felt like a number at times when calling the nurse line and asking questions relating to my specific situation and felt they were a little annoyed and were giving me “broad brush answers”.
Once in the office and even on the phone the nurses are very kind and compassionate.
Billing is my biggest issue. Receiving numerous bills for physician and hospital charges were cumbersome to navigate. The clinic has a kind and fun front desk staff. The financial coordinators explain costs up front and answer all questions frankly, which is a welcome so there's no surprise expenditures. When i had an issue with one staff member and expressed my experience to my nurse she was extremely concerned and understanding. I had a call later that afternoon from the office manager to discuss the situation.
13k for ivf cycle to clinic Approximately 1k per iui cycle
Overland Park

The clinic is organized. Busy, but this is attributable to their solid reputation. I never waited longer than 15 minutes, and I felt like each team member was pulling for us. Also.... I'm confident KU has the best equipment and on-site facilities without the need to go elsewhere for procedures or scans.... IVF with ICSI and PGS testing (I'm over 40) Menopur, Follistim, Lupron, HCG trigger Natural cycle FET with HCG trigger and progesterone support (canceled medicated transfer because lining did not respond and I have a very regular 28-day cycle).
Dr. Marsh is a pro. She noticed my uterine lining was responding oddly to the medications prior to my FET, so she took me off meds and ordered a natural cycle with HCG trigger. It worked. We only had 1 genetically normal embryo, and she was very careful to ensure all conditions were absolutely optimal. She also took extra time with me after implantation when I had 10 weeks of bleeding due to a subchorionic hemorrhage. She never made me feel like a bother. I've sent my best friends to her and am currently starting my second IVF cycle in hopes of having a sibling for the 8 month old daughter Dr. Marsh already gave us.
Trust her.
Dr. Marsh is direct but has a compassionate demeanor. She cared about my emotional status throughout the process and even provided free guided meditation services with a nurse trained in this area. She took time to answer my questions without making me feel paranoid or like a bother.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Raquel)
The nursing staff are top notch and always take whatever time necessary to explain treatment plans and listen to other concerns. Also, the ultrasound technicians are excellent.
The clinic is organized. Busy, but this is attributable to their solid reputation. I never waited longer than 15 minutes, and I felt like each team member was pulling for us. Also, from speaking with friends who used other clinics, I'm confident KU has the best equipment and on-site facilities without the need to go elsewhere for procedures or scans.
I believe the IVF cycle cost approximately $12,500. Plus, we paid approximately $2,000 for my husband's sperm retrieval and ICSI. Medications were approximately $4,000. And, we did pgs testing. I cannot recall the cost for this.
Overland Park

I did not feel like I was treated as an individual, because she [Dr. Marsh] never changed protocol or even suggested IVF or IUI all she wanted to do was keep doing TI even after 2 years. As we stayed with her longer, her communication between her and I and her staff and I declined....I had to advocate for myself the entire time I was there, having her as a doctor and the lack of communication and the failed treatments was defeating.
This clinic [Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] did not take into account of some drug intolerances I had which meant when I was given a tetanus shot, as they felt I needed one prior to starting with them since it had been years since my last one, I had an allergic reaction...When I left this clinic they also failed to forward my chart on to the next provider, even after I signed the paperwork and spoke with records several times.
I was face to face with Dr Marsh on two occasions, the first when I had my consult and the second when I was there for what felt like the 100th sonogram. I never had any other form of personal contact from her. I walked away from Dr. Marsh feeling like all I had done was put money in her pocket and make a hole in my bank account and our hearts after month after month or failed attempts. I was so now to everything back then, I had no idea she was not doing everything possible and I did not know anything about IVF back then so I was clueless that IVF may be the answer to our years of unanswered prayers. I had to advocate for myself the entire time I was there, having her as a doctor and the lack of communication and the failed treatments was defeating. I wouldn't want anyone else to ever have to go through that. When you select a provider you do so in hopes they are going to side with you and help you attain a goal, a goal that you both put your heads together to try and achieve, this however did not happen.
If you want to use this provider, be your own advocate, do your own research and learn everything you can about infertility because Dr. Marsh is not the provider who is going to help guide you through this maze.
I did not feel like I was treated as an individual, because she never changed protocol or even suggested IVF or IUI all she wanted to do was keep doing TI even after 2 years. As we stayed with her longer, her communication between her and I and her staff and I declined.
On our first cycle we used clomid 50mg for 5 days and gonal f 75 units at night, my follices did not respond and after 46 days of shots we decided to start over without them inducing a period and switch to femara 5mg for 5 days and then started back on gonal f we raised it to 100 units at night and after 120 days on this cycle I called it just before New Years. Every cycle after that we used femara 5mg and gonal f between 100-175 iu and then HCG shot and did TI none of the cycles resulted in a positive pregnancy but after the first one all of the cycles did result in follicles and with the HCG shot I had a positive ovulation test.
Dr Marsh's nurse was very nice, I cannot remember her name offhand but she always answered my emails within a few hours and if I needed a PA or any med called in she would make sure that I had it even if she needed to figure it out on the weekends or after hours at the office. I saw this nurse more than I saw my provider and she was there for most of my follicle scans and for the negative results every cycle.
The clinic itself is not up to the standards of the parent facility. KU Med is widely known for its amazing providers, state of the art testing/treatments/equipment this clinic was nothing more than an average OB office. You may have an appointment scheduled for something but that is a soft appointment as there are likely to be 5-10 other people scheduled at the same time, especially on the weekends. This clinic used to be open even on the weekends, but as I did my last cycle there they changed to only being open 8-5 Monday through Friday, which, with this type of treatment makes things super complicated.
Usual costs of lab work, ultrasounds, and medications. My HMO covered most of my ultrasounds and lab work and I used compassionate care for the medications that were not covered.
As I stated before if you go here you need to be your own advocate. This clinic did not take into account of some drug intolerances I had which meant when I was given a tetanus shot, as they felt I needed one prior to starting with them since it had been years since my last one, I had an allergic reaction. My arm started to get a welt like a golf ball and it was red and hot to touch in the area, I called and they advised me to go to urgent care locally which told me there was nothing that could be done. The clinic on numerous times told me conflicting things, including after me asking about IVF, them telling me that it is the least effective way to get pregnant and that the numbers of success are less than with TI. When I left this clinic they also failed to forward my chart on to the next provider, even after I signed the paperwork and spoke with records several times.
Overland Park

KU med specifically made us feel more like they were on our team than our previous clinic. There was no demand for money prior to being seen and our phone calls and emails were always answered in a timely manner...Weakness - complete communication-- Didn't have a full bladder when I went for an appt, no one told me this needed to be done. Sent consent for FET in 3x before they finally stopped asking for it. Didn't answer all my email questions, phone system is always out of date or no one will answer. At the time of IVF, we were supposed to be at the clinic at 6 AM. The door was locked and no one would answer the phone, until the nurse came down looking for us 15 minutes later. Lots of details that would have made it a little less stressful for us.
Dr. Marsh expected me to have a good attitude... after going through the hell we went through at our first clinic I do NOT have a good attitude. I am NOT going to be optimistic or happy for them to poke and prod on me again for a bunch of money and another emotional catastrophe. Dr. Marsh is an excellent doctor, and had I not been through the first cycle at another clinic, I'd probably have glowing reviews... all in all though, definitely recommend, she cannot help my attitude, just made me feel worse when she would ask " is there something wrong?" YES!! There is something wrong... we are here and are hoping we don't get our hearts broken again! EVERYTHING IS WRONG!!!
Get to know her better on your first visit.
KU med specifically made us feel more like they were on our team than our previous clinic. There was no demand for money prior to being seen and our phone calls and emails were always answered in a timely manner, not with a snippy response to use a antiquated "patient portal" and to quit calling the clinic.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jen Hope and Raquel Chavez)
Jen Hope -- Totally saved the whole situation. Made sure we completely understood everything and worked with us on when we had to make the 4hr drive to the clinic for our ultrasounds. Raquel Chavez- Not in the office much, didn't answer my questions to the extent we needed prior to a procedure for me before our FET. Now we have a new person, Turri.. I have only dealt with her once.
Strengths - Male Factor Infertility - working with Dr. Nangia in the Urology department along with the Dr. Marsh gave us the hope of having a biological child that our clinic in Tulsa told us we would never have. If it had not been for Dr. Nangia we would have never done a 2nd IVF cycle. Weakness - complete communication-- Didn't have a full bladder when I went for an appt, no one told me this needed to be done. Sent consent for FET in 3x before they finally stopped asking for it. Didn't answer all my email questions, phone system is always out of date or no one will answer. At the time of IVF, we were supposed to be at the clinic at 6 AM. The door was locked and no one would answer the phone, until the nurse came down looking for us 15 minutes later. Lots of details that would have made it a little less stressful for us.
The costs were less than what we experienced at the Tulsa Fertility Clinic by several thousand dollars and included more in the cost.
After my husband's TESE we were anxiously awaiting the results to see if any live sperm -- the clinic didn't have the right phone number (transposed?) and someone else got our message that it was going to be ok. We just had a few instances which we lacked some important details that would have created less stress for us.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
Dr. Marsh was always willing to answer questions for me. She changed my treatment plan throughout different cycles as things changed. She would call me to discuss a change she wanted to make or if something didn't go as planned. I felt as if she was not in a hurry and wanted to make sure all my questions were answered. She would even meet with me sometimes to give me the next step information instead of the nurses from time to time. I really enjoyed being her patient and it was hard to leave. However, I was thrilled things worked out.
loved this clinic [KU Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine]. The staff when you check in were always friendly and helpful. The ladies in the lab were wonderful. The nurses are great and would answer any questions they could. They sometimes have to break bad news and I felt very safe there. Overall I was extremely pleased with the whole staff.... My primary nurse was amazing. She was so friendly, bubbly and compassionate. She responded to my calls and emails very quickly and was wonderful to work with. Some of the other nurses I saw were wonderful as well. You begin to get to know them and they were always checking on me and seeing how things were going.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
Advocate for yourself and ask any questions you want.
Dr. Marsh was always involved in my treatments. The nurses would ask her questions and either the nurse would call back or Dr. Marsh herself. I felt like she really wanted to help me and always answered all my questions and listened to any information I had read about. I felt like she was in my corner and I was definitely treated individually.
I had to jump straight into IVF with PGD. There was a lot of prep work before I was able to start my treatments. There were things that had to be done with my husband and my blood samples at an outside lab first. Once all that was complete, I started preparing for an egg retrieval. I took follistim and menopur until directed to stop. My dosage did change and increased over time as I was monitored. I then took the HCG injection to release the eggs and after the retrieval the embryos grew until day 5. The embroyologist took biopsied to send to our outside lab and the embryos were frozen. Once the results came back telling us which embryos were healthy, we started the prep for a transfer. I began using estrogen patches. Those didn't seem to work for me to build up my lining so they added in vaginal estrace three times a day. My lining didn't get thick enough so we cancelled the cycle. The next cycle I didn't use patches but used the three estrace pills a day and then we added in follistim injections. My lining got better, but we found that there was a certain point where it was as thick as it would get. We cancelled that cycle and decided to do another egg retrieval because my lining seemed to respond better with those meds. We did another retrieval and transferred one of my frozen embryos. I became pregnant but developed OHSS and then lost the baby. I had a D&C and got an infection. Once everything was clean and ready, I prepared again for a transfer. We used estrace vaginally, follistim injections and then progesterone. This pregnancy took and I am currently 34 weeks pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jen Kooser)
I loved this clinic. The staff when you check in were always friendly and helpful. The ladies in the lab were wonderful. The nurses are great and would answer any questions they could. They sometimes have to break bad news and I felt very safe there. Overall I was extremely pleased with the whole staff.
I believe my first full cycle was $13,000 and then my second cycle was $9,000. My final transfer was $2,500.
Dr. Marsh felt it would be best because of my age to transfer one embryo. We agreed with that choice.
Overland Park

We went with this clinic [Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] because we had a successful IUI previously to conceive our daughter. However, IVF is a whole other ballgame. Dr. Marsh did VERY little testing, only a saline sonogram to check my uterus. She did not complete new bloodwork or do any other sonograms to check for other potential issues. On the day of fresh transfer she was completely unable and or unwilling to answer questions about our embryos when we discovered there was only one that made it to blastocyst.
We went with this clinic because we had a successful IUI previously to conceive our daughter. However, IVF is a whole other ballgame. Dr. Marsh did VERY little testing, only a saline sonogram to check my uterus. She did not complete new bloodwork or do any other sonograms to check for other potential issues. On the day of fresh transfer she was completely unable and or unwilling to answer questions about our embryos when we discovered there was only one that made it to blastocyst. That transfer resulted in a chemical pregnancy. For our frozen transfer she only required two monitoring checks and told us our blastocyst looked "good." (Later we would find out from a VERY well respected dr that the same blastocyst had quite a few dead cells. I was likely to not result in pregnancy.) Overall I do not feel that Dr. Marsh was honest with us about chances for that pregnancy.
I would STRONGLY recommend NOT using this doctor or clinic.
I voiced some serious concerns over treatment at one point and the nurse was not able to answer the questions. Dr. Marsh did call me back and took some time to explain her reasons for the treatment. Nurses for the most part were patient and kind.
I started with BC to line up my cycle with when the clinic would do retrievals. I then began injections of follistim, menopur, and ganirilex. After 10 days I took a trigger shot of Novarel and then had the egg retrieval. That evening I was on Medrol, Doxycycline, Estrogen, and Progesterone. Transfer was completed 5 days later. This cycle was a chemical pregnancy. For the FET I was on Estradiol for 20 days before starting Endometrim for 5 days and then the transfer. I also had estradiol patches to increase lining. This transfer was negative.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jen and Rachelle)
The nursing staff was wonderful (although this is important, I STRONGLY recommend not choosing a clinic based on the kindness of nurses. You want someone who gets you pregnant!)
This clinic has undergone MAJOR changes during 2015. Three doctors left as well as the head of their lab. To my knowledge Marsh is the only doctor who is actually board certified. I have used this clinic in some aspect since 2012 and have witnessed it slowly fall apart.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
Monitoring appointments were only done in the morning between 7-9 am. It was different every time I went whether you would wait for 5 minutes or 50.
A cycle of IVF was just under $10k without medication. A frozen cycle was a little over $4k without medication. All testing was a separate charge.
The quality of a transferred frozen embryo was completely ignored. We were told it was "good" and only later did another VERY well respected doctor tell us it had quite a few dead cells.

2019 - 2020
Be prepared with questions you'd like answered, as she [Dr. Courtney Marsh] will take the time to answer all questions...Started at a low dose of letrozole and increased after viewing ultrasounds, would adjust the dosing as needed...always comes in, smiles, and sits on our level. She explains things in lay terms...She listens, giving you time to explain your experiences, feelings, and thoughts. I have never felt rushed. Dr. Marsh is the only physician that I've seen that I feel like she truly cares. She changes and adapts things throughout the cycle as necessary. The only negative thing I can say is that her clinic is busy! You may need to wait some time to get in when a new appointment is necessary,
[Nurses at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine are] Super responsive through the patient portal...The clinic has a lot of special pricing for labs, tests, procedures that is set for people who's insurance doesn't cover care. I found these life saving...Located in a medical building, no code on the door, just walk on it. I've always been greeted immediately. Very organized facility. My appointments have never been 5mins or more past scheduled time, even with a packed waiting room
2019 - 2020
Dr. Marsh always greets you with a smile and sits on your level. She listens, giving you time to explain your experiences, feelings, and thoughts. I have never felt rushed. Dr. Marsh is the only physician that I've seen that I feel like she truly cares. She changes and adapts things throughout the cycle as necessary. The only negative thing I can say is that her clinic is busy! You may need to wait some time to get in when a new appointment is necessary, which is disappointing, but speaks to how amazing she is.
Be prepared with questions you'd like answered, as she will take the time to answer all questions.
Dr. Marsh always comes in, smiles, and sits on our level. She explains things in lay terms
Super responsive through the patient portal. Would reach out to Dr. Marsh with questions and get back quickly

2018 - 2020
She [Dr. Courtney Marsh] was upfront but very kind. She truly wants to help you start a family and does what’s best for you as an individual not just a diagnosis. She likes to get you involved in the decision process and make sure you are ready for your treatment...I have PCOS so they start out slower Like pills then the injectables and then work your way up to IVF...sometimes you get pushed through and then totally forget all the things you wanted to ask...write them down before!
[The nurses at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine are] Kind and bubbly...truly caring...IUI 900...IVF 14000...For all women under 35 they do single [Eset]...Weakness it’s a busy clinic and sometimes they’d forget I need labs drawn so always double check if you’re waiting too long. Strength- the warm inviting environment, the staff are kind and hopeful. They’re really great at small talk and taking your mind off of your fears and anxieties. Almost feel like they all know you personally after a month.
2018 - 2020
She was upfront but very kind. She truly wants to help you start a family and does what’s best for you as an individual not just a diagnosis. She likes to get you involved in the decision process and make sure you are ready for your treatment
Ask questions!!! It’s a busy clinic and sometimes you get pushed through and then totally forget all the things you wanted to ask...write them down before!
The staff were kind and very warm. They had a great way of taking your mind o if things.
They use the online eIVF messaging website. That’s the main way you get appointments and procedures planned. The nurses navigate your care and are the ones that typically tell you the plan! I have PCOS so they start out slower Like pills then the injectables and then work your way up to IVF.
Kind and bubbly...truly caring
IUI 900 IVF 14000
For all women under 35 they do single.
They just forgot to schedule my labs so I was waiting after my appointment for 30 mins and when I asked they said the nurse for got to turn I. The paper to the lab tech
Overland Park

[Dr. Courtney Marsh] always explained plan for treatment and answered any questions that I had...always showed encouraging and positive attitudes...Timed intercourse- Tried with just taking on hormone with trigger injection and then after a couple of cycles with no luck turned to two hormones at the same time with trigger injection...was very up front with me during any of treatments...Always willing to answer any questions that I had that she was able to.
Very positive environment [at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine], [nurses are] always wiling to answer questions...$329 for every ultrasound done to look at my follicles- $107 for every injection that would of been monthly- and $25-30 for hormone medication also monthly...front office staff not always pleasant especially if you were a appointment right when the office was opening. Office environment is very nice. Overall very confident in this group.
Dr. Marsh always explained plan for treatment and answered any questions that I had. Office staff and Dr. Marsh always showed encouraging and positive attitudes. Like that I can communicate with them thru the portal and am always answered in a timely manor.
Try to always be optimistic, being negative only creates stress. Know you are not the only person with this issue and trying to conceive just like you.
Dr. was very up front with me during any of treatments. Always had a very positive attitude which helped to encourage me to be more positive regarding treatment. Always willing to answer any questions that I had that she was able to.
Very positive environment, always wiling to answer questions.
Very great doctors and nurses, front office staff not always pleasant especially if you were a appointment right when the office was opening. Office environment is very nice. Overall very confident in this group.
Clinic forgot to call in refill for prescriptions that I needed.
Overland Park

I thought Dr. Marsh was wonderful. I had to have surgery, and she made me feel confident that this would fix our infertility. When that didn’t work for us, she honestly explained each of our options and explained why IVF was our best choice. She was compassionate, but still honest and gave us the facts. We appreciated that.... Dr. Marsh did tell us she will only transfer one embryo for your first transfer. It was not up for debate.
I loved the nursing staff [Kansas U]. They made me feel so comfortable, taught me how to give myself my injections, and answered any questions! The nurses were amazing!... Strengths: Kind, compassionate, high success rate, and competitive pricing Weaknesses: Sometimes they were under staffed during my morning appointments in the lab part. I’d sometimes wait over 30 minutes to get my blood drawn.... The nurses engaged me in conversation
Dr. Marsh will not sugar coat your infertility. She sticks with honesty, and it could be hard to hear. She is not blunt, but she is honest.
The nurses engaged me in conversation, and I could tell they really cared about my needs. Dr. Marsh was very kind, and personally called me with my results for our egg retrieval.
I do not remember the exact protocols of our cycle.
I loved the nursing staff. They made me feel so comfortable, taught me how to give myself my injections, and answered any questions! The nurses were amazing!
I was excited at every appointment! It wa so excited to see progress. The monitoring appointments were quick, and I was seen right away.
My IVF cycle was 14,000 dollars.

4 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Dr Courtney Marsh is the nicest Dr. She listens, she is compassionate. Now that being said. I think she isnt aggressive enough with her harder cases. She likes to follow the book and treat every case like a text book case, which infertility is definitely not text book.... Im DOR. Ive always been on the highest amount of meds for the longest they can push me. Usually 12-14 days. Ive always did 5 day transfers. With progesterone until 14dpt. With donor eggs the only thing we did differently was tried to endo scratch. Those results were never sent off to be tested.
I think the clinic [Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Med-Overland Park] overall is an ok clinic. Im just not sure they are aggressive enough with treatments. They are textbook.... All of the ultrasound techs are very compassionate which is good because you see them alot. I only had a primary IVF nurse because I only ever did IVF. She was nice but easily aggravated. The blood lab ladies were always very nice.
4 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Not sure.
I think the Kansas City area as a whole lacks enough Reproductive Endocrinologists. With as many couples seeking treatment as there are. This clinic as well as every other one in the area, they're just busy. And you are on there time.
All ultra sound nurses are great
I believe it was 10-12 thousand. Not counting medication.
Never had the choice. Usually only had one to transfer.
I think the clinic overall is an ok clinic. Im just not sure they are aggressive enough with treatments. They are textbook.
Overland Park

She [Dr Marsh] was the third doctor I had worked with, and I felt her level of care and attention was appropriate given my history of treatments. I'm polycystic but also have a thin lining issue. She thought outside the box with my protocol and I feel that is why I was finally able to achieve a pregnancy. At the point in my FET cycle when most Drs would have cancelled me for lining, Dr Marsh allowed my body to go a little longer on the meds to see if my lining would thicken, just at a slower pace than most patients. It worked!
The clinic [KU Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] is busy, but the staff is friendly and well organized. My only complaint is that wait times could be long for a blood work/sono appointment depending on the day and time. (Monday and Friday mornings especially) They offer appointments as early as 7:00/7:30 for working gals like myself, and on certain days of the week 6:30!
She was the third doctor I had worked with, and I felt her level of care and attention was appropriate given my history of treatments. I'm polycystic but also have a thin lining issue. She thought outside the box with my protocol and I feel that is why I was finally able to achieve a pregnancy. At the point in my FET cycle when most Drs would have cancelled me for lining, Dr Marsh allowed my body to go a little longer on the meds to see if my lining would thicken, just at a slower pace than most patients. It worked!
Dr Marsh had a great bedside manner. No complaints.
She allowed my body to develop a lining at its own (slow!) pace and adjusted my meds along the way.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jen)
The nursing staff is so amazing that I actually MISSED them when my care transferred to a regular OB for prenatal care. I can't say enough positive things about nurse, Jen!
The clinic is busy, but the staff is friendly and well organized. My only complaint is that wait times could be long for a blood work/sono appointment depending on the day and time. (Monday and Friday mornings especially) They offer appointments as early as 7:00/7:30 for working gals like myself, and on certain days of the week 6:30!
I believe we paid about $12,000 for our IVF cycle with ICSI, and then another $5000 to a third party for PGS.
Overland Park
Dr.Marsh treated me like a person. She took the time to get to know me and my situation. She was respectful, compassionate and informative. She listened to my concerns and goals to create a treatment plan that was unique to my needs. and I was able to start testing immediately. ... She was informative and took the time to sit down and answer our questions.
They treat their patients with dignity and respect. ... They are well organized, fully staffed, informative and helpful. ... I would highly recommend KU MED to anyone interested in fertility assistance! ... The office visits and testing were reasonably priced. ... The nursing staff is polite and helpful. ... I don’t feel they have any weaknesses. ...
Courtney Marsh is an excellent choice! She is an amazing person and Doctor!
She was informative and took the time to sit down and answer our questions.
My protocol: Base line scan cycle day 2/3 Letrozole 7.5 Cycle days 3-7 (During my 2nd cycle I was prescribed 50mg clomid days 3-7) 50IU gonal-f on days 8-9 between 6p-8p follicle scan on day 10 250mcg ovidrel between 8-10p on day 11. (During one cycle I was instructed to administer 50IU of gonal-f between 6-8 in the evening on day 10 and ovidrel 250mcg on day 11). All 5 cycles resulted in negative tests and no pregnancies.
The nursing staff is polite and helpful.
They are well organized, fully staffed, informative and helpful. They treat their patients with dignity and respect. I don’t feel they have any weaknesses. I would highly recommend KU MED to anyone interested in fertility assistance!
The office visits and testing were reasonably priced.

2 IUI, IVF
Male Factor, Other
My husband has CF, its going to be hard to get pregnant. She [Dr. Courtney Marsh] knows I know this being a nurse myself. She never had a negative thing to say about the process, was very up front with everything that will happen and what medications it will take...Several medications, I thought it was overkill at first, but once she explained everything it made sense and I know its necessary to get the best results...Very personable, understood our issues and set a plan to make a baby happen, not making me feel like it could or couldn't happen, that we will make it happen.
[Staff at Kansas University Center are] Easy to get a hold of, work around my schedule for appointments, understood I was driving over an hour to get there. Very friendly staff, clean facility (nice also) easy to find, labeled well. Everyone I have encountered has been very empathetic, ask if I'm doing ok and make sure I understand whats going on and as if I have any questions before I leave the clinic...[nurses are] Very nice, able to speak to them in an educated manner, took their time with me and made sure I had all the info I needed before leaving the clinic.
2 IUI, IVF
Male Factor, Other
My husband has CF, its going to be hard to get pregnant. She knows I know this being a nurse myself. She never had a negative thing to say about the process, was very up front with everything that will happen and what medications it will take.
Be ready to go!
Medications, some visit cost, ultrasound/sonogram, the IVF cycle itself.
Overland Park
She [Dr. Marsh] does seem like a very good doctor but just is not personable and did not give much time to talk over treatment plan. She did not say anything about my husband’s side of the infertility and the cause was never stated.... She wasn’t very personable and seemed to just be going through the motions.... I would recommend they be prepared with a specific list of questions because the time with her is short.
The clinic [Kansas University Ctr] is nice and clean. It it difficult to get through on the phones sometimes even during business hours. It seemed like there were certain a times they office assistants would actually answer the phone. The clinic worked well with scheduling times that worked for us....I really like all of the nurses we encountered. They answered any questions we had and were all very friendly. They responded to calls and emails very quickly.
She does seem like a very good doctor but just is not personable and did not give much time to talk over treatment plan. She did not say anything about my husband’s side of the infertility and the cause was never stated.
She wasn’t very personable and seemed to just be going through the motions.
The clinic is nice and clean. It it difficult to get through on the phones sometimes even during business hours. It seemed like there were certain a times they office assistants would actually answer the phone. The clinic worked well with scheduling times that worked for us.
IVF was $9,500 plus the cost of meds which was quoted at $3,000-$5,000. Each semen analysis was $220. Infectious disease labs were $700 and basic labs were $220.
She only does eSET she says.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Marsh was kind, empathetic and professional....However, after 3 cycles converted to IUIs and 1 retrieval that failed to make a blast, we felt that the entire practice and lab was too new and thought we could get better results at a more established clinic....One thing is make sure you get the office to agree to in-person consultations after a failed procedure. My husband and I had a hard time getting a time and a location to meet with Dr. Marsh after our failed retrieval.
Overall, they felt like a very young clinic [KU Med] and even though another doctor had been there for a while, they appeared to be changing methodologies...Turri was the main nurse and IVF coordinator. She was professional and all business. I sometimes needed her to re-explain or walk through Items again because she would fly through the instructions. It would have been nice to have been shown a little more compassion. The other nurses we interacted with for shots and during retrieval were warmer.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Marsh was very professional and kind. However, after 3 cycles converted to IUIs and 1 retrieval that failed to make a blast, we felt that the entire practice and lab was too new and thought we could get better results at a more established clinic.
Dr. Marsh was kind, empathetic and professional.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Turri Hall)
Overall, they felt like a very young clinic and even though another doctor had been there for a while, they appeared to be changing methodologies. Once we discovered SART reports, my husband and I felt they didn’t have the successes to continue with them.